dafuge's FM16 challenge

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trying to get the board to increase youth category rating is hard work. 2024 and still only just increased it to a category 3. New stadium being planned. Currently using Bolton's stadium. Used Old Trafford and the Etihad last season for the Champions League.

This transfer helped massively in 2nd season -

nle8ep.png

Buxtonfc_zpsw33tbsiy.png

Season Summary 16-17

Vanarama National League North

Position 17th

A tough opening season playing on the highest ground in England it must be said , never really flirted with relegation but was never a treat at the other end also as Buxton FC failed to live up to expectations. There are many things to ponder over the upcoming months to sort out defensive frailties. At times you could land an airplane in between the space between the 2 centre backs. I went the whole season without conceding a penalty , probably testimony to the fact every opposing striker was given the freedom of Buxton once they crossed the 18 yard line. Towards the end there was the odd glimpse of it starting to work at the back so there is at least hope.

The Cup runs were pretty short , going out in the FA Cup 2nd Qual to Brackley in a replay and North Ferriby in the FA trophy when my defence simply didn't turn up . It wasn't all doom and gloom tho as there were a few positive results and performances . Ross Holland controlled the middle of the park with aplomb and picked up the clubs awards for Player and Young Player of the Season though a few including myself would argue Rees Wedderburn was every bit as important notching 19 goals which was 4th best in the league and guaranteed survival. Hopefully some improvement will be made next season tho finances need to be looked at following heavy losses. A 50% paycut for the manager has been negotiated and more cuts will follow suit

I will continue with the British Isles Bias - Current of the 25 players used , its 23 ENG, 1 WAL , 1 IRE

Decided to finally give this challenge a go. Have read the threads in recent years but never got into it. I've had a serious FM hang-up the past couple years - I just can't get a game going that I can stick with. After reloading probably 100 times, finally got a club I like the look of - Buxton.

gZFKYf5.png

I will try to post updates yearly as I go.

As a side note, after all of those reloads Buxton only occurred once, and I grabbed them right away. Billericay Town (which I had to Google the pronunciation for) was very rare and only appeared twice. I got Met Police once, Marine a few times, Nantwich once, but other than those nothing too exciting. I was holding out for Bideford, Cirencester, or Merthyr, but I doubt I would have ever gotten them with their reputation being what it is.

kTaSBVj.png

Metropolitan Police - Sky Bet Championship - 2023/24 - Seventeenth

Youth Players

nil

Career Overview

Season       Team                       Country                  League                 League Finish             Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2016/17       Met Police               England            Vanarama National League South         5th                  Playoff Final/Promotion
2017/18       Met Police               England            Vanarama National League                17th                  
2018/19       Met Police               England            Vanarama National League                 1st                   Champions  
2019/20       Met Police               England            Sky Bet League 2                             21st                   Survival
2020/21       Met Police               England            Sky Bet League 2                             12th        
2021/22       Met Police               England            Sky Bet League 2                              1st                  Champions
2022/23       Met Police               England            Sky Bet League 1                              4th                  Promoted/JPT Runner Up
2023/24       Met Police               England            Sky Bet Championship                       17th             

Next Season

Survival

Squad upgrade

Facility News

nil

Major Competition Winners

Sky Bet Championship - Reading, Huddersfield, Newcastle

FA Cup - Man Utd

Capital One Cup - Cardiff

English Premier League - Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Tottenham, Liverpool, Burnley

Championship - West Brom, Sheff Utd, Watford

Champions League - Sporting (POR)

Euro - PSV

A League - WSW/Perth

Hampton & Richmond - Vanarama National League South - 2016/17

League Table - consistently inconsistent really, we played in batches, 6 games without a win before 6/7 games without losing. Too man draws, not enough goals and too many times where the defence just fell apart. Overall not the worst first season though, lots of room to improve though.

FA Trophy - not much to see here, fell at the first hurdle.

FA Cup - had a chance at the 1st round proper but fell short

Squad - not great, need to shift most of these on I feel.

Transfers - the usual high turnover at this level

Finances - not great but then when are they at this stage?

Key Players

Lewis Wilson - 19 goals from the lad means he was easily our top scorer.

Dan Ball - left back provided many assists this season

Keaton Wood - the only even semi consistent CB we had this season

Leeroy Maguraushe - chipped in with some key goals but only 2 assists from the winger all season maybe suggests an upgrade is needed.

Ben Herd - right back chipped in with some key assists as well this season

Career Overview

Season              League                                         Position       Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17             Vanarama National League South                 10th           

Next Season

More goals, better defence and to try and kick on.

Marine_F.C.logo.png

2017/2018 - End of Season Review - Vanarama National Conference

We were predicted to finish last, and although we were never last per se, we were VERY close to getting relegated. 3 teams went into the last day on same points. My GD was much worse, so I was in the last relegation spot. Thankfully my opponents were Kidderminster who aren't very good themselves. We managed to beat them 1-0 whereas Eastleigh were only able to draw. One more goal in their game and we would've been relegated :o

Competitions Overview - Both cups were bad again, lost in the 4th and 1st qualifying rounds this time around.

Transfers

Finances - Ouch again :(

Key Players

Ben Atkinson

Richard Wright

Shayne Lavery

Youth Players

Kevin Forster - YP 1 - Didn't really improve at all during the year, but scored a couple of goals. Will give him another year to impress.

Didn't get any decent youth this year which was a bummer

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Season     | League             | Position   | Cup Performance    | Achievements    |
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| 2016/17    | Vanarama North     | 4th        | Awful              | Promotion!      |
| 2017/18    | Vanarama National  | 20th       | Awful              | Survival!       |          

FMKING_zpsjntgmtfc.png

SEASON 2026-27 Barclays Premier League

League

Had a fantastic season we have pushed on even more this season and have made some top signings which has pushed us on even more. We only lost 5 games all season which was the best in the league! We may have pushed on and had a title challenge but Chelsea and Manchester City had more quality when it came down to it we finished 3rd which was amazing.

FIXTURES 1 |FIXTURES 2 | LEAGUE TABLE

Cups

Lost to Everton in the League cup 3rd round, Reached 5th round of the FA Cup where we lost to Sunderland

CUP FIXTURES

Europe

Our first foray in to Europe was good we made it through the group stages of the Europa League topping the group. In the knockout we beat Sturm Graz Second knockout we beat Dynamo Kyyiv. On to the Quarter finals we face Roma and over the two legs were completely out classed losing 8-4 on aggregate

EUROPA CUP FIXTURES

Squad and Club Info

Squad | Home Screen | Transfers | Season Review| Best 11 | Top Goalscorer | Fans Player

Season Division Pos FA Cup League Cup Other Comps European Comps Notes
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17 Vanarama National South 4th 3rd Qual Rd N/A FAT 3rd Qual Rd N/A Lost in playoff final
2017/18 Vanarama National South 1st 3rd Qual Rd N/A FAT 3rd Qual Rd N/A Champions, Manager of the year
2018/19 Vanarama National 1st 4th Qual Rd N/A FAT Winners N/A Champions, FA Trophy Winners, Manager of the year
2019/20 SkyBet League 2 1st 2nd Rd 1st Rd JPT Sth 1/4 Final N/A Champions, Manager of the year
2020/21 SkyBet League 1 2nd 1st Rd 1st Rd JPT 2nd Rd N/A Runners up, Manager of the year
2021/22 SkyBet Championship 10th 3rd Rd 2nd Rd N/A N/A
2022/23 SkyBet Championship 1st 4th Rd 1st Rd N/A N/A Champions, Manager of the year
2023/24 Barclays Premier League 15th 3rd Rd 4th Rd N/A N/A
2024/25 Barclays Premier League 13th 4th Rd 3rd Rd N/A N/A
2025/26 Barclays Premier League 6th Semi Final 4th Rd N/A N/A Qualified for Europa League
2026/27 Barclays Premier League 3rd 5th Rd 3rd Rd N/A Europa League 1/4 Finals Qualified for Champions League

TRlcO7m.png

Colwyn Bay FC - Sky Bet League Two - 2021/22

This season was another upgrade. Last season we ended everything on a high note.This year we continued that and started the season great. We were at the top of the table for a while and during the most part of the season we had a secure promotion spot. In the end however we suffered some heartbreaking defeats - especially as a result of our greatest player Dylan Moore became injured. Dylan Moore came in on loan from our parent club Everton. Another great addition from Everton. We ended in the play-off spots where we qualified for the final at Wembley, bust lost. We were playing a good game, but in the end Bristol Rovers were able to score the necessary goals.

League Table

We improved once again, but lacked luck in the end. The semi-final against Burton in the play-offs was an easy win, but the final proved to be too big of a task. Nice to visit Wembley for the first time however.

FA Cup

We did a fine job against League One side Crawley. In my opinion we actually should’ve won, but no luck there.

Capital One Cup

We did an okay job against a good competitor.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy

Boring competition...

Notable events:

Dylan Moore Our best player of the season was from Everton, our parent club. He would’ve become topscorer if it wasn’t for an injury on the last three months of the season. I also signed him on loan for next season thankfully

Career Overview

Season    League                       Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17   Vanarama North               5th         Loss in play-off finals
2017/18   Vanarama North               1st         Promotion
2018/19   Vanarama National            13th        FA Throphy winners
2019/20   Vanarama National            1st         Promotion
2020/21   Sky Bet League Two           10th         
2020/21   Sky Bet League Two           5th         Loss in play-off finals  

Next Season

Fight for promotion

Hampton & Richmond - Vanarama National South - Season 2017/18

League Table - poor season this year, not helped by last season's top scorer missing 59% of the games (nice little feature that btw) and all the other strikers we have on our books picking up injuries (each one missed at least 3 months) meaning a lack of goals really affected us. A run of poor form at the end of the season dropped us to just above the relegation zone.

FA Cup - a nice run to the 1st round where league one Notts County were too strong.

FA Trophy - made it further then last season is about all I can say.

Squad - most of the team are pretty solid, just need that flair in the final third.

Transfers - usual high turnover, I expect the same again this season.

Finances - awful

Key Players

Perry Ryan - a solid season from the midfielder.

Bradley Jordan - probably our best plyer.

Ryheem Sheckleford - new right back, have high hopes for him next season.

Joe Anderson - Left back that is an upgrade on what we had.

Harly Wise - our best CB, shame he wont sign a new deal.

Career Overview

Season              League                                         Position       Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18             Vanarama National League South                 19th

Next Season

IMPROVE!!!

Uol2YD0.png

Dorchester Town FC

Vanarama National League South – Season 2017-2018

Unfortunately, it was another disappointing season with Dorchester, although there were some big improvements on last season, which was utterly shocking finishing 14th. This season we hit some good form, but it was just too late and we didn’t make it to the play offs! We finished 7th in the league, and we actually could have made the play-offs in the last round, but it wouldn’t have been deserved to be quite honest! Looking at the league table, it’s obvious what went wrong; we had 19 draws!! By far more than any other team, and our lack of ability not to kill off games really came back to haunt us in the end! I won Manager of the Year, but didn’t feel like it!

League Table Margate ran away with in the end, and seeing that we conceded almost twice as many goals as them it's easy to see where we need to improve!

FA CUP We got knocked out in the 4th qualification round, getting absolutely trashed by Vanarama National League side Crawley.

FA Trophy Got knocked out by Havant & Waterlooville in the first round.

I hope we will be able to reach the play-offs next year, I really dont want to spend more than three seasons at this level, but it certainly wont be easy. I will lose both my centrebacks and top goal scorer when their loan finishes. And since they are out of contract at the end of the season they have absolutely no plans of signing for me on a permanent basis unfortunately! At the same time my left full back refuses to sign a new contract so I already have four first-team spots to fill! But we will see how it goes!

Goals for next season: Promotion via play-offs, reaching the first round of the FA-cup.

220px-JBkpZgj2.jpeg

Salford City - Sky Bet Championship - 2025/26

3rd season in the Championship and I said I wanted to crack the playoffs. Things didnt exactly go to plan. Things started badly as Verlinden the star man from last season left for a minimum fee release clause of £1.7m to Rangers and the board didnt increase the wage budget. I was massively overpaying some players so I couldnt imrprove my squad so I was left with a very week squad of only 19 players of which 4 are loanees. We actually spent almost the entire season in the bottom hald and were in a relegation dogfight. It all went down to the final game of the season and we were 1 point clear of the drop zone. Amazingly we beat Reading 3-0 at home but even if we didnt other result went our way so we survived.

League Table

Past Positions

Cups - Usual rubbish.

Squad - Really weak. Left without a decent striker for the entire season. Decent enough midfield but needs some work. The defence is in desperate need of a revamp.

Finances - We go into debt and then get the £5m solidarity payment and have some money again.. Same every season.

Key Player Profiles:

Shpetim Haliti - My best player. has a £7.25m release fee so if he goes at least I make decent money this time!

Ronnie McLaughlin - Another good season and top scored with 20 goals from right wing.

Next Season

Survive again

Rebuild the squad

Career Overview

Season          League                      League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17         Vanarama North              3rd               Lost playoff final  
2017/18         Vanarama North              1st               Champions
2018/19         Vanarama National           1st               Champions 
2019/20         League 2                    8th
2020/21         League 2                    8th
2021/22         League 2                    1st               Champions
2022/23         League 1                    1st               Champions
2023/24         Championship                11th
2024/25         Championship                13th
2025/26         Championship                20th              Survival on final day

Buxtonfc_zpsw33tbsiy.png

Season Summary 17-18

Position 18th

Its over, the torture is over, for the summer anyway if the board don't pull the plug beforehand . What started out quite promising with maybe hopes of progression on last years 17th place turned quickly to horror as Buxton plummeted down the league at an alarming rate. At this point and with pretty much no one willing to recommit to whats become a laughing stock i am going to clear the shop and completely rebuild. Risky i know as it can earn me the sack but keeping what i have got will get me the sack just as quickly. There was some progression in the cups getting to the 4th qualifying round in the FA Cup but missed out on a tie away to Colchester following defeat in a replay. The FA Trophy also ended after a replay.

The usual two suspects were the only shining light in a pretty dark tunnel of a season . Ross Holland once again picked up the player of the season awards and Rees Wedderburn picking up the top scorer award. It's a short report simply as i want to forget it has happened such as how bad it was to view. Finances are starting get out of control , crowd attendance is down (don't blame them)

Career Overview

Season          League                     Position         Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17         Vanarama North              17th               None  
2017/18         Vanarama North              18th               None

Its over, the torture is over, for the summer anyway if the board don't pull the plug beforehand . What started out quite promising with maybe hopes of progression on last years 17th place turned quickly to horror as Buxton plummeted down the league at an alarming rate. At this point and with pretty much no one willing to recommit to whats become a laughing stock i am going to clear the shop and completely rebuild. Risky i know as it can earn me the sack but keeping what i have got will get me the sack just as quickly. There was some progression in the cups getting to the 4th qualifying round in the FA Cup but missed out on a tie away to Colchester following defeat in a replay. The FA Trophy also ended after a replay.

The usual two suspects were the only shining light in a pretty dark tunnel of a season . Ross Holland once again picked up the player of the season awards and Rees Wedderburn picking up the top scorer award. It's a short report simply as i want to forget it has happened such as how bad it was to view. Finances are starting get out of control , crowd attendance is down (don't blame them)

I feel your pain, but this post made me smile! Classic frustration in LLM :)!

Marine 2016-17 (Season 1)

League - 16th

FA Cup - 2nd Qual

FA Trophy - 1st Rd

Bags of inconsistency all year. 2 points in the first 6 games and 1 point from the last! I was better in the middle 30 though and confirmed staying up pretty early then we forgot how to football. We offered nothing in the cups either.

I have heard a lot about injuries on this new version. I've had no problems on this front.

Key players

Dominic Marie - Top scorer. Can't ask for much more really.

Jonathon Thorpe - A nice source of goals from midfield which as we all know is very useful at this level.

Both are signed up for next season.

Plans for next season

Improve squad

Finish higher

Cup run

History

Season    League      FA Cup     FA Trophy  Players used   Notes
------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17    16th       2nd Qual   1st Rd      29

kTaSBVj.png

Metropolitan Police - Sky Bet Championship - 2024/25 - Seventeenth

Youth Players

nil

Career Overview

Season       Team                       Country                  League                 League Finish             Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2016/17       Met Police               England            Vanarama National League South        5th                  Playoff Final/Promotion
2017/18       Met Police               England            Vanarama National League              17th                  
2018/19       Met Police               England            Vanarama National League              1st                   Champions  
2019/20       Met Police               England            Sky Bet League 2                      21st                   Survival
2020/21       Met Police               England            Sky Bet League 2                      12th        
2021/22       Met Police               England            Sky Bet League 2                      1st                  Champions
2022/23       Met Police               England            Sky Bet League 1                      4th                  Promoted/JPT Runner Up
2023/24       Met Police               England            Sky Bet Championship                  17th 
2024/25       Met Police               England            Sky Bet Championship                  17th                  

Next Season

mid table

Squad upgrade

New stadium

Facility News

Stupid overpriced stadium upgrade

Major Competition Winners

Sky Bet Championship - Sheff Wed, Derby, Norwich

FA Cup - Man City

Capital One Cup - Man City

English Premier League - Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea,Burnley, Tottenham, Crystal Palace, Liverpool

Champions League - Man City

Euro - Arsenal

A League - Perth/Adelaide

Just managed to get promotion to L2 from the playoffs and turned pro and allowed to scout UK. When the new season has ticked over the board has asked me if i think its a good idea to upgrade the scouting range - is that a trick question :D

Never had this option before the championship in previous FM's, were other people further into their saves able to scout europe in L2?

Started the season with 2 players out with viral infections for 10 months, luckily not important players. The team started well with a 10 match unbeaten run to go top by 5 points at the start of oct. This was built on a solid defence as the strikers were not scoring at all, when the defence started playing badly, the team form collapsed. By the start of jan the team was in 8th and 4 points from the playoffs.

The team managed to put together some better form and helped by the other teams losing form got into the playoffs with a game to spare. Beat Harrogate 4-2 at home in the first leg before losing 2-0 away after 90 mins. It was fortunate to be only 2-0 as the team were on the back foot all game, but an ET goal from Kirk was enough to win the tie.

Faced Halifax in the final, the match ended 3-3 after ET. My players scored all their penalties to win 6-5 and gain promotion.

In the FA Cup faced L1 Millwall away and was hammered 4-0, lost in the 1st Rd of the FA Trophy 3-0 away to VNLS Aldershot.

Finances increased by a fair amount as a result of the FA cup tie and the playoffs to about 400K. Attendances also rose by about 400.

The board built 500 seats at the start of the season which only increased the capacity by 270. They deferred too much building to meet L2 ground requirements at the end of the season by only building an extra 500 standing.

On the squad front Steffenson left in Jan after refusing to discuss a new contract for 6 months. This left a big hole in terms of a decent GK which i didn't really fill.

Howkins arrival seemed to boost my defence but when injury and suspension hit the defence when missing. Not helped by losing my 4th choice CB Proctor (153 apps, 3 goals) and 5th choice O'Shea.

Midfield was settled, lost Ajiboye which hit me quite hard as i thought he could still have progressed. Signed Maghoma who chipped in with quite a few goals. Quintero and Saraiva were again my best players.

Up front none of the strikers impressed and seemed a bit goal shy, Smith is rated as L1/Champ potential so i hope he can come good.

Season            League             Position       FA cup     FA Trophy   League cup    Europe       Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2016/17        Conference North        3rd       3rd Qf Rd    3rd Qf Rd       N/A          N/A          None
2017/18        Conference North        10th      3rd Qf Rd    3rd Qf Rd       N/A          N/A          None
2018/19        Conference North        10th      3rd Qf Rd    1st Rd          N/A          N/A          None
2019/20        Conference North        2nd       1st Rd       3rd Rd          N/A          N/A          Promoted
2020/21        Conference National     7th       4th Qf Rd    2nd Rd          N/A          N/A          None
2021/22        Conference National     4th       1st Rd       1st Rd          N/A          N/A          Promoted

Just managed to get promotion to L2 from the playoffs and turned pro and allowed to scout UK. When the new season has ticked over the board has asked me if i think its a good idea to upgrade the scouting range - is that a trick question :D

Never had this option before the championship in previous FM's, were other people further into their saves able to scout europe in L2?

I am pretty certain I got that at exactly the same point. Pretty nice addition.

Buxtonfc_zpsw33tbsiy.png

Season Summary 18-19

Position 20th

It was coming but after been hauled into the boardroom to explain a 2-0 away defeat to Salford City , I was given one game , looked winnable but that game was postponed. The following fixture against another top side ended in defeat and i got the boot. The story of 2 and a half unsuccessful seasons at Buxton FC. Will holiday on to June to see what comes up and hopefully one suits the criteria to continue the adventure.

Career Overview

Season          League              Club             Position           Achievements     
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17         Vanarama North      Buxton FC        17th               None  
2017/18         Vanarama North      Buxton FC        18th               None
2018/19         Vanarama North      Buxton FC        20th               Sacked

Sutton Coldfield

Season 2 Mid-Season report

Season 2 is proving to be a bit easier for the Sutton Coldfield Royals. The first 6 matches were split 3W3L...before a poor run of form hit and we went 8 matches w/o winning (picking up 2 points). Then things turned a bit in mid-October, and we started picking up some wins. We ended the first half of the season, just prior to Christmas, with an impressive 2-1 win vs 1st place Stockport, and extending our unbeaten run to 6 league matches (8 matches unbeaten overall), and at 9th place on the table.

A decent FA Cup run came to an end with a heartbreaking 3-2 loss vs VNL York (who are currently doing well in that league, sitting 6th). We are still in the FA Trophy competition, however, as we managed a 3QR win over Radcliffe Boro before exchanging late goals with Nuneaton, ending up on top in a thrilling 3-2 victory, and giving us a home matchup vs VNS Whitehawk in January.

New signing Liam Sayers is leading the team with 10 goals (8 league), while MC Ben Drennan's 7.15 AvR is proving to be worth his team-high £400/wk salary (joint top with last year's top scorer Rickett's Hopkinson), who is also value w/ 8 goals and 4 assists.

We've got a shot at moving at least into the playoffs this season...so we're going to press on and try to get it done in the 2nd half. Hopefully I can ride this morale a bit longer and keep the wins coming in!

Hampton & Richmond - Vanarama National South - 2018/19

League table - frustration. An improvement on the last season but with 10 games to go we were 6th & away to 5th placed Staines (who we were 1 point behind) with 79 minutes played were leading 2-0 but somehow lost 3-2, this started a run of only 2 wins in our final 10 games and saw us slide down the table.

FA Cup - made it to the 1st round for the 2nd year in a row.

FA Trophy - we were doing OK in this but then, as would become a recurring theme this season, just fell apart apart after taking the lead.

Squad - not too bad, think I need to focus on a stronger defence this summer.

Transfers - my usual high turnover.

Finances - still awful, could do with a back to back promotion tbh

Key Players

Jack Warburton - goals and assists from the player of the year,

Louis McIntosh - top scorer with just 13 in 42 but think I can get much more out of him next season

Christian Jolley - goals and assists from the wide man.

Nigel Hassell - young player that chipped in with a few goals this season, hopefully another that can kick on next season.

Career Overview

2018/19             Vanarama National League South                 10th

No problem :thup: I just like to take rep into account when choosing teams.

Salford is possibly the easiest option even though not the highest rep. In my game they are in L1 after 6 seasons, at this rate they could complete the challenge before me.

Salford is possibly the easiest option even though not the highest rep. In my game they are in L1 after 6 seasons, at this rate they could complete the challenge before me.

I know. I didn't only mean highest rep :) I'd like to choose a mid level team in terms of rep.

Sometimes this game is so irritating. Looking to sign a new GK, find a CA 4.5 star one. Would not discuss a contract as playing in L2 is not a good career move, promptly signs for Tranmere a lower rep side in the VNL!

That is one way of avoiding playing in L2.

Grays Athletic

Season Summary 23-24

Championship

Final Position 1st

The League:

We continued the great path laid in previous season and won the Championship with a few matches ahead. We kept up our fortress form at home, and the main difference from last season, was our ability to keep opponents scoring away. We didn't start with a budget worth mentioning and had to rely on free transfers, some of them turned out great, whilst others looked great, but wasn't any improvements to the current players. The staff section is huge, and does cost a lot of money, but seems worth it, when comparing to the players increasing in stats at our mediocre facilities.

The Cups:

The FA Cup: We entered in the 3rd round and humiliated Charlton 6-2 at home. 4th round it didn't look great as we drew Hull away, but we managed a draw, followed by a 2-1 win at home. 5th round was were our journey ended, as Newcastle beat us 3-0 at St. James Park.

Capital One Cup: We had extremely lucky draws in this cup, facing only CH teams until the quarter-final and went all the way to Wembley and lifted the trophy! In the first round we beat Wycombe 3-1 home. 2nd round Scunthorpe 1-0 home. 3rd round Stoke 2-1 at home. 4th round Rotherham 1-0 away. Qtr we yet again faced Hull and won 3-1 at home in extra time. Semi-final had us play Derby, that most of the season was in the relegation zone. A 2-0 win away and 4-1 win at home. In the final we met a broken Sheffield United team and played 1-1 in normal time. In extra time it was a goal bonanza that had us holding the longest straw, in a 4-3 win. Sheffield United was later relegated, while Derby finished 16th.

The Players:

We only had a couple of new players that made a difference. One of them was last seasons star WBR Vladimir Guzmicky, that Southampton decided they wanted, as they used his release clause and paid 5.5 mill for him, only to use him in 8 appearances..

The noteworthy players:

Michel Dupuis GK - Except a few games, he played all seasons and had 23 clean sheets in 55 games.

Chancel Bengala DC - Came from Belgium 3rd division team Oostende, and played well for us.

Martyn le Fondre DMC - Keeps getting better. Consistent and with amazing fitness.

David Dostal MC - (previously Bohemians Czech Club) Only started to use him regularly around mid season, but the stayed first choice after that.

Graham Weller AML - Looks promising still and am keen to see how he progresses.

Andreas Pereira AML (previously Stoke) was battling Weller for the spot on left wing, they are both great.

Rory Donnelly AMR - Did really great in some games and really disappointing in others, making his 21 games looks great.

Ollie Jones AMR - Favored this over Rory due to age, he is progressing really well.

Kenneth Simonsen SC - was sharing games with Nagy, cannot decide who will be best, 14 goals in 27 games.

Mark Nagy SC - 18 goals in 28 games, look in writing better than Simonsen, but 6 of his goals was from an amazing double hattrick.

The Extras. Finally getting into the PRM, the part I have been looking most forward to, was getting a new stadium. But alas.. I am not sure, if the chairman understands how finances and increasing those works, as he was able to use some magick trick, to postpone meeting minimum requirements? :rolleyes:

I was so excited, when getting Brendan Rodgers as assistant manager. Swansea decided they wanted him as manager, and being able to offer 14k vs their 67k was a no go, Rodgers became their manager. Beating Rodgers later in the season, brought some joy back though!

The aims for next season, will be to get more home grown players, as the foreign playerbase we are using is too large in comparison. Assuming it's a matter of finances for the stadium to be built, the few players I expect to sign, will have to be of a cheap, but worthwhile standard - unless a class player wants to join naturally :lol:

We were quite injiry plagued during the season, but we (luckily) didn't share the "luck" Cardiff had.

Season	League	Pos	Europe		FA Cup		Cap One	FAT/JPT
16-17	VNS	1st	None		3d Qua		None	Final
17-18	VN	11th	None		2nd Rnd		None	FAT Winners
18-19	VN	1st	None		2nd Rnd		None	2nd Rnd
19-20	L2	1st	None		5th Rnd		2nd Rnd	Runner Up
20-21	L1	8th	None		4th Rnd		2nd Rnd	Semi-Final
21-22	L1	1st	None		Semi		2nd Rnd	JPT Winner
22-23	CH	3rd	None		4th Rnd		4th Rnd	
23-24	CH	1st 	None		5th Rnd		Winner	

Skelmersdale_United_FC_logo_zpsdbxxlgva.png

Season Summary 19-20

Position 17th

A solid but unspectacular season it must be said with a new side following my sacking at Buxton FC , Skelmerdale Utd played good stuff at times but things didn't go to plan in many cases. So it will be a fifth season in the lowest tier and its time to actually get into the top 10 for a change. I have a bit more financial clout with this club and with my main CB , MC and ST all deciding to leave a healthy wage budget will be available for incoming players. The CB will be a loss but the other 2 spent the majority of the season injured , a cruciate injury for striker Malachi Lavelle-Moore left him out for 7 months . All in all a little more content than the previous club , its time to step it up a notch or i'll be here forever in this division. Cups were nowt special once again, both ending early .

Career Overview

Season          League              Club                   Position           Achievements     
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17         Vanarama North      Buxton FC              17th               None  
2017/18         Vanarama North      Buxton FC              18th               None
2018/19         Vanarama North      Buxton FC              20th               Sacked
2019/20         Vanarama North      Skelmersdale Utd       17th               None

FMKING_zpsjntgmtfc.png

SEASON 2027-28 Barclays Premier League

League

Weve done it!!!! Champions of England!!!! What a fantastic season! went 33 games unbeaten and although losing 4 of the last 5 we had the league wrapped up before the final day!

FIXTURES 1 |FIXTURES 2 | LEAGUE TABLE

Cups

Reached the quater final of League cup losing to Villa and the fourth round of FA cup losing to Chelsea

Europe

Champions League was a little disappointing we were give a tough group with Real Madrid Basel and Schalke. We only lost one game to Basel but only won one too finishing 3rd in the league behind Madrid and Schalke.

On to the Europa League First Knockout stage we drew Besiktas and lost 3-2 on agg.

Champions League Fixtures | Champions League Group | Europa League Fixtures

Squad and Club Info

Squad | Home Screen | Transfers | Season Review| Best 11 | Top Goalscorer | Fans Player | Manager of the year

Season Division Pos FA Cup League Cup Other Comps European Comps Notes
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17 Vanarama National South 4th 3rd Qual Rd N/A FAT 3rd Qual Rd N/A Lost in playoff final
2017/18 Vanarama National South 1st 3rd Qual Rd N/A FAT 3rd Qual Rd N/A Champions, Manager of the year
2018/19 Vanarama National 1st 4th Qual Rd N/A FAT Winners N/A Champions, FA Trophy Winners, Manager of the year
2019/20 SkyBet League 2 1st 2nd Rd 1st Rd JPT Sth 1/4 Final N/A Champions, Manager of the year
2020/21 SkyBet League 1 2nd 1st Rd 1st Rd JPT 2nd Rd N/A Runners up, Manager of the year
2021/22 SkyBet Championship 10th 3rd Rd 2nd Rd N/A N/A
2022/23 SkyBet Championship 1st 4th Rd 1st Rd N/A N/A Champions, Manager of the year
2023/24 Barclays Premier League 15th 3rd Rd 4th Rd N/A N/A
2024/25 Barclays Premier League 13th 4th Rd 3rd Rd N/A N/A
2025/26 Barclays Premier League 6th Semi Final 4th Rd N/A N/A Qualified for Europa League
2026/27 Barclays Premier League 3rd 5th Rd 3rd Rd N/A Europa League 1/4 Finals Qualified for Champions League
2027/28 Barclays Premier League 1st 4th Rd 1/4 Final N/A CL Group stages/EL 1st KO Champions, Manager of the year

Hampton & Richmond - Vanarama South - Season 2019/20

League Table - not quite sure how this happened tbh, for most of the season we were our usual inconsistent selves, but then hit form with only 1 loss in 12 (9 wins in that run) took us top and 6 points clear with 3 to play, then the nerves hit, a loss to bottom club Concord Rangers was followed by a crushing 6-4 defeat away to mid table Bishop Storford, we stumbled to a 0-0 draw with Gosport on the last day to win the title and seal promotion by 1 point!

FA Cup - no run this year as we were humbled by a team from an unplayable league.

FA Trophy - went down to a team from the league above

Squad - solid as usual, still no real goal scorer though - we won the title with top scorer of just 10 goals!

Transfers - standard high turnover

Finances - slight better then before but still not great - oh what I would give for a tycoon takeover (never had one in all my years playing)

Key Players

Peter Kioso - right back was a key player in our attack, getting up the wing and creating chances

Jack Warburton - key player again

Bradley Jordan - struggled to get in to the side at the start of the season but once I gave him a run we improved

Kyle Finn - young right winger chipped in with 9 goals (a few of which were pens)

Eberechi Eze - our AMC - started the season on fire with 7 goals from his first 15 games, goals dried up after that though

Career Overview

2018/19             Vanarama National League South                 10th
2019/20             Vanarama National League South                 1st             Promotion

Next Season

Stay up

Skelmersdale_United_FC_logo_zpsdbxxlgva.png

Season Summary 20-21

Position 2nd

AFC Telford romped the league finishing 20 points ahead of the best of the rest. Skelm who had been living pretty much off the prowess of Cameron Ebburt whose goals propelled them up to 2nd in the league and a play-off spot.

A 1-1 draw away to Colwyn Bay and a Cameron Ebbutt hattrick in the home fixture sent Skelmersdale into the playoff final infront of a record attendance of 1,463. The Ex Birmingham City youngster repeated the feat against Nuneaton in the Play-off Final . Jack Lambert was also sensational in the middle of the park but like Ebburt is currently unwilling to commit to another season at Skelmersdale. There will be no stadium expansions either as the board decide against meeting league Requirements

Congrats to IainWhite on winning the title :applause:

Career Overview

Season          League              Club                   Position           Achievements     
2016/17         Vanarama North      Buxton FC              17th               None  
2017/18         Vanarama North      Buxton FC              18th               None
2018/19         Vanarama North      Buxton FC              20th               Sacked
2019/20         Vanarama North      Skelmersdale Utd       17th               None
2020/21         Vanarama North      Skelmersdale Utd        2nd               Playoff Winners

Archived