The Ultimate Football Manager Challenge - Silver Age Archive

20015751.png

FC EDMONTON | 2020 SEASON | CANADIAN PREMIER LEAGUE

So after waiting about a year for the right job I finally have my opportunity.

Edmonton was the 4th Canadian team to fire their manager and while I had been offered interviews with all of the other 3 and failed to get those jobs, I was thankful to finally get my chance. I took over in a pretty good place. The team was sitting in 4th place with 1 game remaining of the Spring Season. The team was on a really good run of form having won their previous 3 league games. It really made me wonder why the manager was sacked in the first place? Anyway, we went on to win my first game in charge and finish in 2nd place and provide momentum going forward into the Fall Season. 

As well as starting the Fall Season we also had our transfer window, and there was work that needed to be done. The squad was really unbalanced, we only had 1 right back registered, no recognized left back, 7 center backs, 1 left mid who was also our left back and 4 strikers although one had already agreed to leave to 1860 Munich. I got straight to work and although I only bought in 3 players, I was happier with the fact I was able to get rid of 4, and also register some depth at the required positions. The 7 foreign player limit makes things tricky when looking to bring players in but was really happy with who I bought in. Andrej Jakovljevic came in on loan was is immediately our starting left back. The added bonus of his loan is that we aren't paying any of his wages. After a couple of strikers left the club I knew that I needed to bring a good one in and was very happy to add Elias Umeres again on loan. Our final player was more about adding depth to the squad. Jose Escalante had been playing for Calvary last season and I was happy to add him to the squad. Realistically I will probably look to move him on after the season as I could do with his foreign spot and would love to add a Canadian winger to the squad.

The Fall Season went really well. We went unbeaten for the first 16 games and it wasn't until we had won the Fall Season that we lost the next 2 games! I wish I could say it was planned but it really wasn't. I was worried that the loss of momentum was going to hurt us going into the CPL Final against Forge who had just beaten us, but thankfully the squad rallied together and we smashed them 3-0 in the first leg, to pretty much put the tie to bed. In the 2nd leg we went to their place and secured a 1-1 draw. We had a man sent off on the hour mark but thankfully we scored 7 minutes later and although they did get one back after that, the game was over and we had won the Canadian Premier League.

Looking forward to next season, I obviously want to retain our title, but I also want to see how we get on in the Canadian Championship against the MLS teams. It is pretty unrealistic to expect us to win the Canadian Championship, and therefore qualify for the Champions League, but we can dream!

In the mean time I will keep learning my coaching badges. I am currently studying my National B licence, and hopefully if we can retain our title then there might be some job opportunities for me in either Australia, China or South Korea. 

Personnel Career

Clubs Managed:  1

Trophies Won: 1

Manager of the Year: 1

Career Earnings: 19K
---------------------------------------------------
Club Career

2020 - FC Edmonton (Canada)
----------------------------------------------------

Challenge Progress

1/10 Leagues (2020 Canada)

0/10 Cups

0/5 Continental

0/2 Worlds

Total 1/33

Edited by Watson156

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

leon.jpg.25d7a519514b3575b7c8eb31be54d4f8.jpg

Season 12 2029/30 - Club Leon

Competitions

Mexican Division Opening Stage - League Table    Results 1    Results 2

Our 2nd full season in charge was a decent but not spectacular one. We had a major wobble in September/October which meant we had little chance of coming 1st, before stepping up our game and sealing back to back titles. 

Mexican Division Closing Stage - League Table    Results 1    Results 2

We started as we finished the Opening stage, putting teams to the sword with ease. We lost only 3 of our 19 league games before easily sealing another title.

North American Champions League - Results

Our main focus this season was the NACL and we didn't disappoint. We had a scare against Atlas in the Semi Finals losing the first tie 4-3 away from home, but a strong home performance meant we were into the clubs first ever final. Here we beat Monterrey 5-0 over the two legs.

Playing Squad

Squad    Transfers    End Of Season Awards

Having been in charge for two and a half years now, we have had time to mould what is easily the best team in the league and the continent. The team has a mix of youth and experience, but it will need some work after this summer. A few players and kicking up a fuss about moving the big European sides and I can hardly moan when that is my plan as well. The best 3 players this season were:

Rodolfo Hernandez (ST) - The man is just an absolute beast. He is going to take some beating in our best 11 when I get round to doing one. 64 goals and 9 assist in 54 games says it all.

Mariano Irarragorri (AML) - Signed 2 seasons ago, he has gone onto develop into one of our key men, popping up with goals at all the right times. 9 goals and 9 assists doesnt do his importance justice. With basically every big club in Europe looking at him, he will be on the move soon.

Juan Manuel Britos (CM) - Another player signed 2 seasons ago and who has developed into a star for us. Racked up an impressive 5 goals and 27 assists this season and is another player who will be off to Europe soon.

Next Season

Our time in Mexico is finished. I refused to sign a new contract all season and with winning the NACL, we have no reason to stay. I announced my intentions to resign not long after our NACL triumph and will be looking to move to Europe asap. This summer is the 2030 World Cup and we have sealed qualification with Australia. I have also declared an interest in the Porto and Monaco jobs, both positions are insecure. I think Porto would be the better option for now, but would take either if offered. 

Club Career

Leagues		Cups
Season	Nation		Division	Club		1st	2nd	1st	2nd	Cont.	CWC	Notes and Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019/20	S.Africa	NFD		TS Galaxy	3rd	n/a	R2	n/a	n/a	n/a	Lost in Play Offs.
2020/21 S.Africa	NFD		TS Galaxy	1st	n/a	Win	n/a	n/a	n/a	League Winners, NedBank Cup Winners.
2021/22	S.Africa	APL		M Sundowns	1st	n/a	Win	QF	SF	n/a	League and Cup Winners. Lost in CL Semi Final
2022/23	S.Africa	APL		M Sundowns	4th	n/a	R2	QF	Win	n/a	Champions League Winners.
2023	China		CSL		Wuhan Zull	10th	n/a	QF	n/a	n/a	n/a	Appointed 8/6/23.
2024	China		CSL		Wuhan Zull	1st	Win	n/a	n/a	n/a	n/a	League and Cup Winners.
2025	China		CSL		Wuhan Zull	4th	n/a	RU	n/a	Win	n/a	Champions League Winners.
2026	Brazil		Serie A		Fluminense	8th	n/a	Win	Win	QF	n/a	FA Cup Winners.
2027	Brazil		Serie A		Fluminense	1st	n/a	SF	Win	Win	n/a	League and Champions League Winners
2027/28	Mexico		Liga MX		Club Leon	n/a	3rd	n/a	n/a	SF	n/a	Took over at start of Closing Stages.
2028/29	Mexico		Liga MX		Club Leon	12th	Win	R2	n/a	n/a	n/a	Won Closing Stage Title.
2029/30	Mexico		Liga MX		Club Leon	Win	Win	n/a	n/a	Win	n/a	Won Opening and Closing Stage Title and Champions League Winners.

International Career

Year	Nation		Fifa Rank	NL	Cont.	World Cup	Notes and Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2022	Nigeria		24th		n/a	n/a	n/a		Appointed on 25/12/22
2023	Nigeria		11th		n/a	Win	n/a		African Cup Of Nations Winners.
2026	Australia	61st		n/a	n/a	n/a		Appointed 19/7/26
2027	Australia	60th		n/a	QF	n/a		Lost in Asian Cup Quarter Final.
2028	Australia	55th		n/a	n/a	n/a		
2029	Australia	54th		n/a	n/a	n/a		Qualified for 2030 World Cup.

Challenge Progress

Club Football

4/10 Domestic Leagues	(S. Africa - ASBA Prem 21/22, China - CSL 2024, Brazil - Serie A 2027, Mexico - Lig)a MX Closing Stage 2029)
3/10 Domestic Cups	(S. Africa - NedBank Cup 20/21, China - CFA Cup 2024, Brazil - Copa Perdigao 2026)
4/5 Champions League	(Africa - 2023, Asia 2025, S. America 2027, N. America 2030)
0/1 Club World Cups

International Footbal

1/5 Continental Championships	(Afcon 2023 - Nigeria)
0/1 World Cups

12/32

2030 World Cup Report

Well that was absolutely stinking. Drawn against Serbia and The USA, who are ranked 17th and 11th compared to our 50th in the world, I thought we would struggle and we did. A 3-3 draw with Serbia, followed be a 4-0 spanking from The USA and we have been sacked. 4 years and not a trophy to show for it. The only saving grace? S Korea also had a poor World Cup and sacked their manager. With the Asian Cup in just 6 months time, I really hope we can get the job and with it, sweet revenge on Australia for sacking me.

Edit: As always after a world cup, numerous jobs became available but only 3 really peaked my interest. Mexico, The USA and S Korea. Was offered all 3 but have taken the S Korea job for 2 reasons. Asian Cup is in 6 months and I want to smash Australia for sacking me.

Edited by Lewis89

5100217d68ce6aafda137e0.png

Wealdstone 2022/23

Manager Profile:  Crowy 2023

Key Players: Harry Williams ~ Kiril Korov ~ Matthew Tomlinson ~ Nick Tudor ~ Simon Power

Squad: Overview ~ Match Stats

1092015c3d3d5220a6a4bc.png

Board Expectation: Reach Play-offs | Won the League!

League Table

Results One ~ Results Two ~ Cup Results

Overall a comfortable season, we were able to keep majority of the players from last season with some more good additions. We started the season well but Notts County won their first 9 games or so and made it tough to begin with. Thankfully they weren't able to keep that kind of form up through the whole season. I think another change for me this season was tactics, instead of trying to force my ideas and the way I want to play upon the squad I played a formation and way that actually suited them. I normally rarely mess with my tactics when a match has started but I was doing it a lot more this season and was able to make changes that helped get some of those wins.

Next Step

I'm going to be resigning from Wealdstone now, I'm not sure if I want to go abroad or continue in England yet so I'm excited to see where the next step takes me. I've enjoyed my Wealdstone career so far though so will be also saving it seperately in case I run out of steam for this challenge and need a little break.

CAREER PROGRESS

983185824_CareerProgress.thumb.png.974c2abadb2a1510ef34c3f11265893b.png

23325085812d47f8e7ea9096.png

Dalian Yifang FC 2023

Club Overview ~ Finances ~ League Table ~ Squad

So it has not took me long to find a new job and it is with Chinese team Dalian Yifang. When I saw the kind of budgets they were offering and some of the players they had already it was a no brainer to move. I've not managed in China for a while now on these saves so I'm looking forward to it.

Edited by Crowy

image.jpeg.2c0f98073572daa6b14f89fd315bf285.jpeg

Guangzhou Evergrande - 2027 report

Last season we won the league comfortably and this season I had a 400 million (!) transfer budget to work with. The aim for this season was to win the Asian Champions League, and we did exactly that. We splashed the cash on a 21-year old Australian striker from Liverpool for €97 million. I think that is my most expensive signing ever on FM. Unfortunately we didn't win the cup or the league, but I'm very happy with this season and my time in China. Time for a new job hunt!

The best players from my time here (some players are nicknamed because Chinese names):

Lil Wang

Big Hu

Ivan Maric

Eljif Elmas

Young Yan

Jorge Martinez

Niyo

Nordi Mukiele

Nico Yennaris

Pedro Delgado

Manager profile

League table

Season review

-----------

Season       Team             Country            League           Position           FA Cup          League Cup         Champs League       Others & Notes       
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019         Magni            Iceland            1. delid karla   5th                -               -                  -                   Joined with 11/22 games to go, was in 5th finished in 5th
2020	     Magni            Iceland            1. delid karla   5th                QF    	     Group Stage	-		    National C licence	
2021         Magni	      Iceland            1. delid karla   5th 	 	     R32  	     SF			-		    National B licence, resigned after last game
2022	     Hudiksvalls FF   Sweden             Division 1 north 3rd		     Group stage     -                  -                   Got my first international job, National A licence	
2023	     Hudiksvalls FF   Sweden             Division 1 north 3rd		     QR2             -                  -                   Continental C and A licence      
2024	     Hudiksvalls FF   Sweden   	         Division 1 north 1st                Won in QR2      -                  -                   -     	    
2025	     Hammarby FF      Sweden	         Allsvenskan      1st                Group stage     -                  -                   Continental Pro licence
2026	     Guangzhou E.     China              Chinese Super L. 1st                R16	     -                  -                   -
2027         Guangzhou E.     China		 Chinese Super L. 2nd                R16             -                  Winners             Won the supercup as well
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INTERNATIONAL CAREER
                                                   --------------------

Season       Country         Tournament         Finished         Others & Notes             
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2022         Haiti           -			-		 -
2023         Nigeria         AFCON		R16		 Sacked after AFCON
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHALLENGE PROGRESS
                                                    ------------------

Club

2/10  Top Domestic Leagues (Sweden, China)
 0/10  Top Domestic Cups
 1/5   Continentals Cups (Asia)
 0/1   Club World Cup

International

0/5   Continental Tournaments
 0/2   World Tournaments

Edited by LeoFM

35 minutes ago, LeoFM said:

image.jpeg.2c0f98073572daa6b14f89fd315bf285.jpeg

Guangzhou Evergrande - 2027 report

Last season we won the league comfortably and this season I had a 400 million (!) transfer budget to work with. The aim for this season was to win the Asian Champions League, and we did exactly that. We splashed the cash on a 21-year old Australian striker from Liverpool for €97 million. I think that is my most expensive signing ever on FM. Unfortunately we didn't win the cup or the league, but I'm very happy with this season and my time in China. Time for a new job hunt!

The best players from my time here (some players are nicknamed because Chinese names):

Lil Wang

Big Hu

Ivan Maric

Eljif Elmas

Young Yan

Jorge Martinez

Niyo

Nordi Mukiele

Nico Yennaris

Pedro Delgado

Manager profile

League table

Season review

CLUB CAREER
                                                        -----------

Season       Team             Country            League           Position           FA Cup          League Cup         Champs League       Others & Notes       
2019         Magni            Iceland            1. delid karla   5th                -               -                  -                   Joined with 11/22 games to go, was in 5th finished in 5th
2020	     Magni            Iceland            1. delid karla   5th                QF    	     Group Stage	-		    National C licence	
2021         Magni	      Iceland            1. delid karla   5th 	 	     R32  	     SF			-		    National B licence, resigned after last game
2022	     Hudiksvalls FF   Sweden             Division 1 north 3rd		     Group stage     -                  -                   Got my first international job, National A licence	
2023	     Hudiksvalls FF   Sweden             Division 1 north 3rd		     QR2             -                  -                   Continental C and A licence      
2024	     Hudiksvalls FF   Sweden   	         Division 1 north 1st                Won in QR2      -                  -                   -     	    
2025	     Hammarby FF      Sweden	         Allsvenskan      1st                Group stage     -                  -                   Continental Pro licence
2026	     Guangzhou E.     China              Chinese Super L. 1st                R16	     -                  -                   -
2027         Guangzhou E.     China		 Chinese Super L. 2nd                R16             -                  Winners             Won the supercup as well

INTERNATIONAL CAREER
                                                   --------------------

CHALLENGE PROGRESS
                                                    ------------------

Club

1/10  Top Domestic Cups (Asia)
 0/5   Continentals Cups
 0/1   Club World Cup

International

0/2   World Tournaments

You're probably not the first person to do this challenge to have a L'il Wang.

Edited by vikeologist

Scott Williams 2030/31

End of Season Review

Bournemouth.jpg.f31acf776e9619df6439494b267d0ce8.jpg

AFC Bournemouth

Preview | Table | Results 1 2

First season in Europe wrapped up for Scott. As you can expect from Bournemouth, they finished mid table. Scott's first port of call was to install a revolving door at the training ground. With the squad depth looking like it did many many players left the club and even more came in. If you haven't lookeed at the screenshot; Bournemouth had 17 players who could play RW (3 had already been sold when I took the SS), 14 CAMs, 11 STs, and then 1 LB, 1 CB and 1 RB. Not sure what tactic Eddie Howe had been playing for the last 10 years but it seemed as soon as his Scouts saw a RW Eddie signed him. So £288million of players left the club in both windows, with £188 million coming in.  3 players made the switch from Velez being, Reyes (dubbed the next Suarez) and CBs Ortiz and Anichini. Brexit has meant there is a 17 foreign player limit so Scott attempted to bring in some English talent but the options were limited. (I've now laoded the championship so that hopefully some of the clubs will produce some good newgens). An aging Joe Gomez, Phil Foden and Todd Cantwell were brought in as back ups but other than that everybody is a newgen. It's difficult to spend £200million as Bournemouth. The players already good enough don't want to step down, the players that will be amazing in a few years cost 100million each and so in the middle is where Scott did his shopping.

It must be difficult being a fan of a club like Bournemouth, one week they beat liverpool 1-0 at home which caused Gerrard to get sacked and then a few weeks later they will get thumped by a relegation candidate. Throughout the year the pre match form always said "inconsistent" which is a pretty fair way to round up the season. It's hard to talk too much about mid table, Bournemouth won some good games, doing the double over Arsenal, but then lost to some poor teams and got thumped by some top teams. In the end Scott was able to record a 9th place finish with Bournemouth which is incidentally their highest in-game finish

In the cups, Bournemouth had reached the semi final of the FA Cup in each of the last 3 years, and the final twice. So of course this year, Scott was drawn away to Man Utd in round 3 and lost 1-0. In the Carabao cup, a fairly easy draw against Preston ended 0-0 and Bournemouth got knocked out on penalties. 

Next Season

It's hard to say how long Scott will stay on the South Coast for. There are now some really good prospects at the club or joining soon, if Scott can push for 7th or 8th and get a cup run then he'll probably stay for a third season. If not then he won't be renewing his contract. The club is definitely not self sufficient and relies heavily on player sales to remain in the profit losing approximately £5million a month and so it may be difficult to retain the top prospects. 

This summer Scott is finally manaing in another International Competition. The 2031 African cup of Nations starts in June and Guinea-Bissau have an outside chance of winning it. Nigeria are probably the favourites as they've reached the final on each of the last 4 occasions but we'll have to wait and see.  There were options to go to Algeria or Ivory Coast after the World Cup but Scott, perhaps foolishly, decided not to apply.

Personnel Career

Clubs Managed: 7
Nations Managed: 4
Trophies Won: 10
Runner Up Medals: 5
Manager of the Year: 3
2022, 2026/27, 2029, 2030 (Winner) | 2020, 2025/26 (Runner up)
Number of Sackings: 2 (Kaizer Chiefs, Suwon)

Career Earnings: £6 Million

Club Career

Season	NAT	Club		Division	Pos	Cup 1	Cup 2	Cont	CWC	Things to Note					
2020	CHI	Nublense	Primera Div B	6th	R2	-	-	-	Playoff Winners, U19s Runners up in Div 1
2021	CHI	Curico Unido	Primera Div	7th	R2	-	R1	-
2022	CHI	Curico Unido	Primera Div	1st	Won	-	R1	-	Domestic Double, MOTY
2022/23	ARG	CA Union	Superliga	17th	R5	-	-	-	Avoided Relegation
2023/24	ARG	CA Union	Superliga	15th	R5	-	-	-	Avoided Relegation
2024/25	ARG	CA Union	Superliga						Resigned End of Phase 1
2025/26	RSA	Kaizer Chiefs	Asba Prem	2nd	RU	Won	-	-	KO Cup Winners RU in other Comps
2026/27	RSA	Kaizer Chiefs	Asba Prem	3rd	RU	R1	Won	-	Champions League Winners, MOTY
2027	KOR	Suwon		K League 1	7th		-	QF	-	Joined July in 5th, Sakced September 15th
2027/28	ARG	Velez		Superliga	2nd	-	-	-	-	Joined December in 8th
2028/29	ARG	Velez		Superliga	1st	Won	-	QF	-	Domestic Double
2029/30	ARG	Velez		Superliga	2nd	Won	-	Won	-	Copa Libertadores and Copa Argentina Winners, won both Supercups MOTY
2030/31	ENG	AFC Bournemouth	Premier League	9th	R3	R2	-	-	Somehow won Superliga manager of the year for 2030

International Career

Season	Nation		Rank	Continental	World Cup	Things to Note
2023	Honduras	67th	-		-		Relegated from Nations League
2024	Honduras	72rd	-		-		Qualified for Gold Cup 2025
2024	Russia		42nd	-		-		2nd in NL Div B	
2026	Russia		30th	-		2nd Rnd v SUI	Topped Group, Lost to Switzerland
2027	Nigeria		12th	RU		-		AFCON Runners Up, Resigned as manager
2031	Guinea-Bissau	66th
-----------------------------------------------------
Challenge Progress
2/10 Leagues 	(Chile; Curico Unido 2022, Argentina; Velez 2028/29)
3/10 Cups	(Copa Chile; Curico Unido 2022, RSA Telkom KO; Kaizer Chiefs 2025/26, Copa Argentina; Velez 2028)
2/5 Continental	(Africa; Kaizer Chiefs 2026/27, South America; Velez 2029)
0/1 Worlds

0/5 Continental 
0/1 Worlds

Total 
7/32

11 hours ago, Crowy said:

So it has not took me long to find a new job and it is with Chinese team Dalian Yifang. When I saw the kind of budgets they were offering and some of the players they had already it was a no brainer to move. I've not managed in China for a while now on these saves so I'm looking forward to it.

Pretty much summed it up for me as well. That, and having no luck getting interviews elsewhere. They were heading in the right direction when I took over, but didn't have anything to show for it yet. You're a bit further along when taking over. Have they won anything yet in your save?

8 hours ago, bjwphneb said:

...Bournemouth had 17 players who could play RW (3 had already been sold when I took the SS), 14 CAMs, 11 STs, and then 1 LB, 1 CB and 1 RB...

I've taken over some ridiculous rosters, but that's just obnoxious. I guess they were playing a really, really old school "Pyramid?"

th.jpg.73cf9b1ea1672073cc96e6065e43af80.jpg

2031 Asian Cup Update

After our sacking by Australia after the world cup in 2030, we have been hell bent on revenge. Going into the tournament as favourites, and as the host nation, this was a great chance to get this competition out of the way.

Results   Group Stage     Tournament Tree

Our group stage and run to the final was pretty easy and straight forward. 3 wins in the group stages with 12 goals scored showed the gulf in class between us and our opponents. Our first game with any competition was against Uzbekistan in the semi finals. A solid 1-0 win saw us progress onto the final where we would meet China. Australia lost in the last 16, gutted we never got the chance to beat them. The final was a close game, 2-2 until the 76th min, when we scored a clinical counter attack and sealed the title.

On the club side of things, it seems I may have to take a lesser role than previously hoped for. Our sacking by Australia saw our reputation dip from 80% to 70% and having applied for an opening at Dortmund, we didnt even get an interview. We did get offered the Nantes job, but I am hoping for something bigger. We have been unemployed for 6 months now, and I will wait until the summer if need be for the right opportunity. 

Club Career

Leagues		Cups
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21 S.Africa	NFD		TS Galaxy	1st	n/a	Win	n/a	n/a	n/a	League Winners, NedBank Cup Winners.
2021/22	S.Africa	APL		M Sundowns	1st	n/a	Win	QF	SF	n/a	League and Cup Winners. Lost in CL Semi Final
2022/23	S.Africa	APL		M Sundowns	4th	n/a	R2	QF	Win	n/a	Champions League Winners.
2027	Brazil		Serie A		Fluminense	1st	n/a	SF	Win	Win	n/a	League and Champions League Winners
2027/28	Mexico		Liga MX		Club Leon	n/a	3rd	n/a	n/a	SF	n/a	Took over at start of Closing Stages.
2028/29	Mexico		Liga MX		Club Leon	12th	Win	R2	n/a	n/a	n/a	Won Closing Stage Title.
2029/30	Mexico		Liga MX		Club Leon	Win	Win	n/a	n/a	Win	n/a	Won Opening and Closing Stage Title and Champions League Winners.

International Career

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2030	Australia	51st		n/a	n/a	GS		Knocked out in World Cup Group stage, sacked after World Cup. 
2031	S Korea		26th		n/a	Win	n/a		Appointed on 21/7/2030. Asian Cup Winners. Resigned after Asian Cup.
Challenge Progress

Club Football

4/10 Domestic Leagues	(S. Africa - ASBA Prem 21/22, China - CSL 2024, Brazil - Serie A 2027, Mexico - Lig)a MX Closing Stage 2029)
3/10 Domestic Cups	(S. Africa - NedBank Cup 20/21, China - CFA Cup 2024, Brazil - Copa Perdigao 2026)
4/5 Champions League	(Africa - 2023, Asia 2025, S. America 2027, N. America 2030)
0/1 Club World Cups

International Footbal

2/5 Continental Championships	(Afcon 2023 - Nigeria, Asian Cup 2031 - S Korea)
0/1 World Cups

13/32

Edited by Lewis89

20015751.png

FC EDMONTON | 2021 SEASON | CANADIAN PREMIER LEAGUE

Competitions Overview

Spring Season | Fall Season | CPL Overall Table - Fantastic season. Won the Spring Season easily so was guaranteed to be in the Grand Final.  Fall season wasn't tougher but we just drew too many games. Very happy to overall be 13 points better than Halifax, although it does show how 2 sided the league was this season.

Leg 1 | Leg 2 - I had to add these games in here. 2 absolutely mental games. First leg was the most frustrating match in a while (match engine problems) & in the second leg I had honestly given up, but thankfully we found a way to win, and retain out title.

Canadian Championship - Very proud of how we did in this. Luckily made it past York in the 2nd Round and Ottawa in the 3rd Round before facing MLS side Toronto. Spanked them at home and then got spanked away, although a really late miss would have seen us through. Looking back at the results, we were awful in 2nd legs of games!

Squad - Overall pretty happy with this squad. Need a new goalkeeper and Canadian center mids, but apart from that a good squad. The 2 forwards really showed they are too good for this league.

Transfers - Always like to sell more than I spend so that was good. Spent £20k on Cordova but that was only because he was Canadian and helped with squad regulations. 

Finances - Heading in the wrong direction here and I don't see things getting a lot better. There aren't many players in the squad that you could sell for money so are heavily reliant on prize money.

Overall very happy with my 2nd season in Canada. We retained the league and while doing so I have progressed onto my Continental C licence and have started studying my Continental B licence. With my reputation currently at 40% it's time to leave Edmonton and try to get a job either in South Africa or either Australia, China or South Korea. 

Personnel Career

Clubs Managed:  1
Trophies Won: 2
Manager of the Year: 2

Career Earnings: 79K
Club Career

2021 - FC Edmonton (Canada)

Challenge Progress

0/10 Cups
0/5 Continental
0/2 Worlds

Total 1/33

Edited by Watson156

6 hours ago, XuluBak said:

Pretty much summed it up for me as well. That, and having no luck getting interviews elsewhere. They were heading in the right direction when I took over, but didn't have anything to show for it yet. You're a bit further along when taking over. Have they won anything yet in your save?

Not that I can see their best finish has been 3rd in the league on two occassions (2019 and 2020) the last thing they won was in 2017 which was the Jia League. I've had a really good start with this team my tactics from Wealdstone seem to fit this squad. I'm mostly focused on buying all the Chinese talent at the moment.

Dalian Yifang FC 2023

Manager Profile: Crowy 2023

Key Players: Geoffrey Kondogbia ~ Nabil Bentaleb ~ Oscar ~ Toby Alderweireld

13093105da70673ff5feff.png

Competitions Overview

I've had a great start to my time in China losing just 1 of my first 17 games and drawing 3. I was expecting it to be a bit tough to be honest but when you have the calibre of CM's/AM's in your squad that I have you should expect to control most games. I've already splashed £20M on two Chinese players ready for next season, I'll be looking to keep the midfield trio I think and letting Alderweireld leave if I can get any offers for him. My plan is to focus on splashing out on the best Chinese players I can find, I think in terms of foreign players I think most would be excellent in this league so if I can find cheaper players just as good as my midfield 3 and make a profit, I'll also do that, as I'm not overly keen on older players.

CAREER PROGRESS

1029971682_CareerProgress.thumb.png.4b938a981849e18a514bee3b704e64d9.png

Brazil.png.e8d9f8291d9029f3ae6da99efa64a462.png

2030 World Cup - Hosted in Spain

The country that has won more World Cups than any other but had not won one for 28 years, a travesty for this great nation! Mind you it hasn't even played in a cup final since then either. The Football Association were happy to make the semis but I dare say the nation wanted more.

Personally I didn't give us a realistic chance, for one reason or another (probably due to a lack of friendlies organised) I couldn't quite get it to click for this country. Two friendlies in March as the start of the preparation were against Wales and France. Scrapped a 2 - 2 draw with Wales after being 2 down and then lost to France 2 - 1. Last friendly just before the tourney was against Greece for a better performance and a 2 - 0 win.

My two group games were against Uzbekistan and Scotland, could not have asked for an easier start.  Well that's what I thought anyways. 3 - 0 win against the Uzbekis but then suffered a shock 1 - 0 loss to Scotland.  Scotland had beat Uzbekistan in the other game so we qualified in second place. And the prize for that was a second round knock out game against Italy!  The country that knocked me out (with France in the 2026 world cup). 

Second Round vs Italy

Spoiler

Brazil 3 - Italy 2. Italy took the lead in the 22nd minute through Micheli, a former wonderkid DC I helped break through at Milan. We equalised soon after in the 29th minute and after that it was one way traffic for us scoring in the 37th and 56th. Italy then pulled one back via a pen in the 72nd which made it nervy times but I sat back and dulled the game till the final whistle.  This win gave me and the players their confidence back!  Belgium were our next opponents

Third Round (if applicable)

Spoiler

Brazil 2 - Belgium 1. A game we dominated but failed to score, ht was locked out 0 - 0. We went bang bang in the 50th and 52nd minute. Like against Italy, we conceded to make the game interesting with about 15 minutes to go. But again we were really good at shutting the contest down and not really allowing our opponents the chance to equalise.  Up next surprise packets, ranked 8th in the world Turkey. 

QF  (if applicable)

Spoiler

Brazil 2  - Turkey 1. Again failed to score in the first half despite total annihilation. Finally got the goa; in the 62nd minute, however the Turks equalised within minutes. The game seemed to be heading into extra time despite creating chance after chance until substitute right back got up to knick the winner with his first every goal for his country.  A favourable draw in the semi put us against none other than Wales!

SF   (if applicable)

Spoiler

Brazil 4 - Wales 0. This is how we should be playing, putting away our chances and breezing through to the final!  Our opponents, none other than our rivals Argentina!  My record against them is 4 wins in 5 games. I could almost smell the glory!

Final (if applicable)

Spoiler

Brazil 0 - Argentina 2. Match. A game we shouldn't have lost by the stats but we didn't really turn up today which was extremely disappointing. 

14 hours ago, XuluBak said:

I've taken over some ridiculous rosters, but that's just obnoxious. I guess they were playing a really, really old school "Pyramid?"

Makes me wonder how on earth they were still in the division, If i tried implementing a similar tactic I'm certain I'd have been bottom of the league

Scott Williams

2031 Africa Cup Of Nations

952562621_GBBadge.jpg.65f7c465d3ec81b8aa41702ee433a18d.jpg 

Guinea-Bissau

The first International Tournament for Scott since 2027 AFCON with Nigeria. Scott finished runners up in that tournament and Guinea-Bissau were not fancied by anybody to do that well. Confidence in the camp was fairly high, they qualified in second on GD to Algeria, winning the home tie but losing away. In the friendlies they picked up results against Morocco (0-0), Cameroon (3-2) and The Gambia (3-0). They had a good game against Ghana but went from 2-1 up to lose 3-2. (I let the assitant manager play the 2 pre tournament friendlies rather stupidly as I just wanted to start the tournament and lost 5-2 to Nigeria and 3-0 to RSA).

Onto the Group. Malawi, Ghana (the holders) and Egypt were drawn against Guinea-Bissau. Things got off to a great start beating Malawi 9 (NINE) - 0. Admittadely they were the whipping boys of the group but it was a great start nontheless. A win against Egypt would see GB through but in the end both sides had to settle for a 0-0 draw, GB were undoubtedly on top and hit the woodwork a couple of times but couldn't score. That just left Ghana, avoid defeat and GB would qualify. GB took the lead through Indjai just after HT and Ghana equalised in the 78th minute. Once again GB were very much on top but took the 1-1 draw. (they would have qualified as a best 3rd team due to their GD)

Second Round: Guinea-Bissau v Cameroon

Spoiler

Having beaten Cameroon 3-2 earlier in the year Scott was fairly happy with this draw. However things in football are never straightforward. Cameroon took the lead from a lovely curled effort from the edge of the box inside 20 minutes. Fortunately Lopes (with his 7 longshots) struck one from 35 yards and found the top corner. The game remained on a knife edge, with both sides having chances. Then in the 85th minute Manuel Costa put in a TAA-esque cross on a plate for the LW who slotted it past the keeper. 2-1.

Possible QF

Spoiler

Quarter Final: Guinea-Bissau v Mali

Only once before had GB made it this far. GB had so many chances to finish this game off in the first half, hitting the bar, missing one-on-ones, Indjai just did eveything he could not to put the ball in the back of the net. After a bit of a talking to he went back out and scored after their RB lost the ball in the corner, a simple cross and tap in. Of course they equalised straight away and continued to pepper the GB keeper from distance. In the 84th minuted, Balde scored after a FK made its way to the back post for another tap in, then as Mali were searching for the equaliser, Captain Tavares scored after the ball dropped at his feet from a corner. 3-1.

Possible SF

Spoiler

Semi Final: Guinea-Bissau v Morocco

This was now uncharted territory for the GB nationals. Playing friendlies against the sides likely to get this far once again paid dividends. GB took the lead after LW Gomes struck the post. The ball fell to the CB who waited for the keeper to collect. Neither did anything with it and Indjai scored one of those stupid slide tackle goals. I think it was the fifth tackle that resulted in the Goal. Thankfully GB got a second, Young CB Dabo, who looks like he'll be the future captain of GB scored his first senior goal to take them through to the fianl. 2-0.

Possible Final or 3rd Place Playoff

Spoiler

Final: Guinea-Bissau v South Africa

It was almost as if this fianl was written in the script. Scott's home nation, and AFCON hosts, South Africa were the only thing standing in the way. At the start of the tournament GB were ranked 65th and RSA were ranked 66th in the world. GB had been the dominant side in all of their games, controlling the ball and creating more chances. That trend continued into the final. 5 clear cut chances in the first half to RSAs none. 4-0 at half time. Even with a missed penalty from Indjai (he scored 0/2 pens). Unfortuantely RSA didn't put up much of a fight only hitting the target twice compared to GBs 12. The game ended 4-0 and after the heartbreak 4 years ago. Scott got to lift the trophy in his home town. AFCON CHAMPIONS 2031!  

Squad

Spoiler

Squad: When managing an African side I've found it's rare to be faced with a selection headache. Often its a struggle to fill the 23 man rosta. That was not the case with GB, they even have two unreal goalkeepers. I think having portugal loaded has just boosted the newgens as a lot of portuguese clubs have feeder teams in GB. Can they win the World Cup? No. But I'm pretty sure they will be a dominant African side for the next however many years. Perhaps even a few players now will make the switch from Portugal to GB given the boost in ranking.

Key Players: 

Indjai - ST - The Main threat up top, currently at Newcastle but if you believe the papers he's off to Barcelona this Summer. 

Dabo - CB - He only popped up in a Scout report from Bournemouth this year, wasn't in the National Pool but he looks certain to be one of the best players for GB, with the bonus that he now can't get poached by Portugal. 

Tavares - CB - The first man from Guinea-Bissau to get his hands on the trophy. Rock at the back.

NB: Thanks Skills for the layout Idea

Edited by bjwphneb

Scott Williams Manager Movement

22nd July 2031

Guinea-Bissau --> Portugal

Badge.png.8b01eb0da885c4624b048ef3eab20963.png

As is the norm every summer there is a cascade of manager movements. Ancelotti retired from Tottenham, the Real Madrid manager went to Spurs and the Portugal boss followed in his footsteps to Real. Scott was still enjoying his AFCON victory when the email came through from the Portuguese FA begging Scott to take charge. Whilst (as expected) a lot of portuguese players made the switch to Guinea-Bissau, Scott has gone in the other direction. They are currently ranked 5th in the world. They came runner up in the 2022 World Cup and are the holders of the Euros. With the Euros taking place next year, Portugal need to get past Norway and Croatia if they want to retain their title. 

Personnel Career

Clubs Managed: 7
Nations Managed: 5
Trophies Won: 11
Runner Up Medals: 5
Manager of the Year: 3
2022, 2026/27, 2029, 2030 (Winner) | 2020, 2025/26 (Runner up)
Number of Sackings: 2 (Kaizer Chiefs, Suwon)

Career Earnings: £6.5 Million

Club Career

Season	NAT	Club		Division	Pos	Cup 1	Cup 2	Cont	CWC	Things to Note					
2020	CHI	Nublense	Primera Div B	6th	R2	-	-	-	Playoff Winners, U19s Runners up in Div 1
2021	CHI	Curico Unido	Primera Div	7th	R2	-	R1	-
2022	CHI	Curico Unido	Primera Div	1st	Won	-	R1	-	Domestic Double, MOTY
2022/23	ARG	CA Union	Superliga	17th	R5	-	-	-	Avoided Relegation
2023/24	ARG	CA Union	Superliga	15th	R5	-	-	-	Avoided Relegation
2024/25	ARG	CA Union	Superliga						Resigned End of Phase 1
2025/26	RSA	Kaizer Chiefs	Asba Prem	2nd	RU	Won	-	-	KO Cup Winners RU in other Comps
2026/27	RSA	Kaizer Chiefs	Asba Prem	3rd	RU	R1	Won	-	Champions League Winners, MOTY
2027	KOR	Suwon		K League 1	7th		-	QF	-	Joined July in 5th, Sakced September 15th
2027/28	ARG	Velez		Superliga	2nd	-	-	-	-	Joined December in 8th
2028/29	ARG	Velez		Superliga	1st	Won	-	QF	-	Domestic Double
2029/30	ARG	Velez		Superliga	2nd	Won	-	Won	-	Copa Libertadores and Copa Argentina Winners, won both Supercups MOTY
2030/31	ENG	AFC Bournemouth	Premier League	9th	R3	R2	-	-	Somehow won Superliga manager of the year for 2030

International Career

Season	Nation		Rank	Continental	World Cup	Things to Note
2023	Honduras	67th	-		-		Relegated from Nations League
2024	Honduras	72rd	-		-		Qualified for Gold Cup 2025
2024	Russia		42nd	-		-		2nd in NL Div B	
2026	Russia		30th	-		2nd Rnd v SUI	Topped Group, Lost to Switzerland
2027	Nigeria		12th	RU		-		AFCON Runners Up, Resigned as manager
2031	Guinea-Bissau	53rd	Won				AFCON Winners.
2032	Portugal	5th
-----------------------------------------------------
Challenge Progress
2/10 Leagues 	(Chile; Curico Unido 2022, Argentina; Velez 2028/29)
3/10 Cups	(Copa Chile; Curico Unido 2022, RSA Telkom KO; Kaizer Chiefs 2025/26, Copa Argentina; Velez 2028)
2/5 Continental	(Africa; Kaizer Chiefs 2026/27, South America; Velez 2029)
0/1 Worlds

1/5 Continental (AFCON; Guinea-Bissau 2031)
0/1 Worlds

Total 
8/32

Melaka_United.png

2021 Melaka Season Review

What a fantastic season. We managed to finish 2nd in the league behind the runaway winners Johor Darul Ta'zim who went undefeated. They've now won 7 of the last 8 league titles, knocking them off is going to be incredibly difficult. We finished the league season on a frankly ridiculous 9 game winning streak, which we even extended to 11 once we'd won a couple in the end of season Piala Malaysia (their League Cup I believe). We overhauled Pahang who were 5 points ahead of us at one point, but Ta'zim were unreachable. We did manage to get 5 players into the end of year team however and Dominic Tan, our exceptional defensive midfielder, won Malaysian midfielder of the year

In the cups we got to the quarter finals of the Piala FA Malaysia, where we lost to Ta'zim's second team and were totally outplayed (this second team ended up runners up in the final). The Piala Malaysia was much more successful however as we made it to the final against Ta'zim, but this time we managed to pull out a rather boring 1-0 win to take the cup back to Melaka for the first time ever in it's 100th year! :D To make it even sweeter the cup final was my 100th game in management, perfect timing!

Transfers were fairly busy and I raided my previous employers at Tampines to take 3 players off of their hands. They weren't quite as successful in Malaysia as Singapore but they were good squad players. I'm trying to sign as many of the Ta'zim players as I can, firstly because they're all good players but secondly because if I have them then they don't! I've got another couple of the players from their second team joining at the end of their contracts and one player from their first team.

I'm going to stay at Melaka for another season and take a run at the league, hopefully it goes better than at Tampines!

ciZf5yZ.png

Edited by Britrock

Related imageRelated imageImage result for nigeria national team logo

Valerenga / Busan IPark / Nigerian National Team - 2022/23 Report

Hello, it's been a little while since I last posted about this save. I took an extended break from FM and video games in general, so this update post comes with a bit of haziness in my mind.

The last time we spoke I was the newly minted manager of Valerenga in Norway's Eliteserien division. I am happy to report that I managed to win the league, but unfortunately crashed out of the League Cup early in the fourth round. Winning the 19th most reputable league in Europe managed to propel my reputation into the 2.5 star range, and I was exploring options in some of Europe's top leagues prior to my departure from the club. Ultimately I resigned from my position as manager because Norway seemed like a dead end, and I needed to make a move to another continent sooner rather than later.

For many months I searched for a job: adding leagues left and right, and stooping to some of the lowest clubs in worse off divisions. Thankfully, after months of searching I managed to land a job at Busan IPark in the top division of South Korea. I was really pleased with this position because the club was both rich and poised to succeed in the league. In my first season with Busan, I brought the team up from a rock bottom 12th place to a very safe 7th place. I'm sort've hesitant on sticking with Busan because of an inability to attract good players, but I think i'll stick around for now because the club is loaded.

CLUB CAREER
                                                        -----------

2019         HIFK Fotboll     Finland         Veikkausliiga         9th                -             2nd Round               -             National C Badge
2020         HIFK Fotboll     Finland         Veikkausliiga         4th	               -             Group Stage             -             MOTS + Nat BA
2021         HIFK Fotboll     Finland         Veikkausliiga         1st                -             Group Stage             -             Con CB
2022         Valerenga        Norway          Eliteserien           1st                -             4th Round               -             Con A
2023         Busan IPark      Rep. Korea      K-League Classic      7th             Runner Up           -                    -             Con Pro

INTERNATIONAL CAREER
                                                   --------------------

2023         Nigeria         AFCON              Quarter Finals   Knocked out by Cameroon, bitter.

CHALLENGE PROGRESS
                                                    ------------------

Club

2/10  Top Domestic Leagues (Finland 2021, Norway 2022)
 0/10  Top Domestic Cups
 0/5   Continentals Cups
 0/1   Club World Cup

International

0/2   World Tournaments

No screenshots for this. I don't have many because of the long break, plus I wasn't really planning on posting this.

Edited by CaesarXI

After leaving my role with S Korea after success at the 2031 Asian cup, my plan was to wait for a club job before taking another national team. This went out the window in a matter of weeks as I was offered the chance to take the reigns at Colombia. Easily the biggest National team we have coached so far, ranked 19th in the world and with a squad of super talented players, this was a job I couldn't say no to. With the 2032 Copa America a year or so away, its a good time to take charge.

On the club side of things, I left Club Leon in May 2030 and didn't imagine I would be out of a job for long. It has took 18 months to find the right role, having been laughed off at my attempts to land the Dortmund job a year ago, we have landed a role with Bayer Leverkusen. The Germans are underachieving big time, and we take charge during the winter break with the team sat in 14th place. Having looked at the players at the club, its hard to see how and it shouldn't be too much of a job to get them into the spots challenging for the Champions League places. We also have a youth team stacked with players, with no less than 12 rated as potential 4.5/5 star players. 

Bildresultat för boca juniors

Boca Juniors - 2027/28 report

After a successful spell in Asia with Guangzhou, I decided to go for the Boca job since it was available. They were really in some deep **** at the time, sitting in 16th place after 20 games. Considering the fact that they had won the league the season before, that was under all standards. So I came in, the dressing room obviously wasn't a healthy place at the time, but we adopted my previously successful tactic and the results were getting better, still not good, but better. We managed to climb up all the way to 10th place when the season ended, which I am fine with. Next season will be a big rebuild and we will look to finish in a continental football spot. 

Manager profile

League table

Season review

CLUB CAREER
                                                        -----------

2027/28      Boca Juniors     Argentina          Primera División 10th               -               -                  -                   Won the supercup

INTERNATIONAL CAREER
                                                   --------------------

CHALLENGE PROGRESS
                                                    ------------------

Club

0/10  Top Domestic Cups
 0/1   Club World Cup

International

0/2   World Tournaments

Edited by LeoFM

Dalian Yifang FC 2024

Manager Profile: Crowy 2024

Key Players: Ye Enjia ~ Oscar ~ Liu Zhenlong ~ Jin Changjun ~ Geoffrey Kondogbia

13093105da70673ff5feff.png

Chinese Super League

Board Expectation: Qualify for AFC Champions League | Won the League!

League Table

Results One ~ Results Two

So after a flying start to the season, we won the league at a canter. However it did have its challenges along the way, Beijing Guoan kept up with us the whole way, it was only towards the last 3 games or so that their wheels fell off and it made the league look a lot easier than it was. There were also periods where I would have to go 3 games with 6 or 7 first team players on International duty, which I thought was madness. Thankfully the league standard barring us and Beijing Guoan is fairly poor. When I had fixture overloads I would very often use my 2nd team in this league and they still got the job done quite comfortably. Beijing Guoan went on to play a bigger part in our overall season than expected, with our league form and the way we were brushing teams a side I thought the treble was on for sure.

12728615563753ee8b576f.png

AFC Champions League

Board Expectation: Reach Quarter Final | Reached Quarter Final

AFC Champions League Results

I'm not sure what to make of the Champions League campaign, yes we reached our targe but felt we should have done much better in the crucial games. To be drawn in the two knockout rounds against teams in our own league was somewhat unfortunate (unless that is how it's suppose to be in the AFC). I felt in the quarter final especially I made a few mistakes by showing them too much respect and when going a goal down early in both legs I just went for it and we got punished on both occassions. I'll for sure look to manage those games better in the future and try not to panic so much.

13594179f2b61f80d5a988.png

Chinese FA Cup

Board Expectations: Reach Semi Final | Runners Up

FA Cup Results

Another top Domestic Cup slips through my fingers, on all of my attempts these are the ones that I usually struggle with the most. We had a comfortable run up to the final but we then again ran in to our bogey team of Beijing Guoan who dispatched us quite comfortably truth be told. I'm certainly going to have to make some adjustments against them next year tactically as this is the only team I haven't beat this season.

Next Season

I'm going to give the AFC Champions League one more shot, I have signed a new two year deal but I will look to move on once we are knocked out (or I have won) the AFC Champions League. I'm also going to let the older players move on in Oscar and Geoffrey Kondogbia hopefully more youthful legs in the midfield will help us achieve our goals for next season.

CAREER PROGRESS

150567618_CareerProgress.thumb.png.7dba674c0a20ef7d9892b94f420cd761.png

1645.png

ORLANDO PIRATES | 2022 SEASON | SOUTH AFRICAN PREMIER LEAGUE

So after leaving Edmonton as soon as the season had finished I began looking around for where my next club would be. I thought that I had found the perfect job in Guangzhou Evergrande who's manager had just retired after winning the league. After a good interview and the fans singing my praises, they decided to offer the job to Dan Petrescu instead. 

After waiting a few more months the Orlando Pirates job came up and I decided to apply and then attend the interview without even looking at their current situation. It wasn't until I was discussing which current staff members I wanted to keep that I decided that it would probably be a good time to look at what they're up to.

With 3 games remaining we are currently sitting in 11th with 2 games to go was not ideal, but the added bonus of this job was that they're in the Final of the cup. A great way to get everyone on board as manager by winning the cup! So I took the job knowing that it would be potentially a 2-3 year job, and that's if we win the league next year.

Things got off to a great start as we convincingly won our first league game 5-0. What followed was massive disappointment as we lost 1-0 in the Cup Final. A complete game of 2 halfs. We were rubbish and got smashed in the first half and it was amazing it was only 1-0 at half time. In the second half we smashed them but we couldn't score. We finished off the season with a 1-1 draw to Kaiser Chiefs, which at least gave me an idea of where this team is potentially looking forward to next season. Finishing the season in 8th place adds a little bit of respectability to the season, but we have to be much, much better next season.

In reality it might be a good thing that we didn't win the cup this year. It means that next year our sole focus is on winning the league, and maybe winning a cup.

Personnel Career

Clubs Managed:  2
Trophies Won: 2
Manager of the Year: 2

Career Earnings: 84K
Club Career

2021 - FC Edmonton (Canada)
2022 - Orlando Pirates (South Africa)

Challenge Progress

0/10 Cups

0/5 Continental
0/2 Worlds

Total 1/33

bayer.jpg.ea713ed77c90ac6e51778fe336559e5e.jpg

Season 2031/32 Bayer Leverkusen

Having spent 18 months out of club football I was starting to get desperate and was considering taking a smaller job than originally planned. However, I think this job was worth the wait. The club has fantastic facilities, a brilliant young squad with endless potential, the only issue is finances have been mismanaged with too many players on big money. With Hamburger SV having broke Bayern's stronghold on the division in the 2030/31 season, it could also be a good time to be managing in Germany. When appointed the team were sat in 14th having played 15 games, but were only 10 points of the top 6.

Competitions

Bundesliga - League Table    Results

Our first game was against Bayern and I expected a spanking to be honest, a early red card for them gave us an advantage and we made it count. A excellent run of form saw us climb the table but as you can see we finished the season poorly, and if Hoffenheim hadn't dropped points on the last day, we would have missed out on a place in the Europa League. 

DFB Pokal - The club were already out by the time I took charge, losing to Dortmund in the 2nd Round.

Europa League - Results

We was only in charge for the last 4 games. A good win against Salzburg followed by 2 poor showings against Gil Vicente. 

Playing Squad

Squad    Transfers    End Of Season Awards

The team is stacked with potential, and with a few key signings in the right positions, I dont see why we cant be challenging for honours next season. We need to move on a few more high earning squad players and that will release some funds to bring in some improvements. 3  key men this season were:

Kai Matner (AMC) - A youth product of the clubs well known academy, he has proved to be a key man since I took over. Young and with a new contract just signed, will be a star in the next few seasons. 10 goals and 9 assists in 32 games.

Abdullah Aktas (AMR) - Another player from the academy, he is our key man. He wants to play Champions League football and we may move him on if we get a silly offer due to the clubs finances. 16 goals and 10 assists in 41 games.

Tanguy Baud (ST) - The french forward has been immense since I came in, had only scored before I arrived, yet ended with 23 goals and 6 assists in 45 games.

Next Season

Manager Profile

The club has endless potential and I am determined to be the man to finally grab them a league title. I was amazed to see they were yet to win one. With the youth players who are almost ready for first team action, I see me being here for a few seasons yet. The Copa America is this summer and I dont harbour any real hopes of winning it. Even though our Columbia squad had good players, we havent been able to beat the likes of Argentina or Uruguay in friendlies or the World Cup Qualifiers.

Club Career

Leagues		Cups
2031/32	Germany		Bundesliga	B Leverkusen	6th	n/a	R2	n/a	n/a	n/a	Appointed 28/12/31, Knocked our Europa League Last 16.

International Career

2030	Australia	51st		n/a	n/a	GS		Knocked out in World Cup Group stage, sacked after World Cup. 
2031	S Korea		26th		n/a	Win	n/a		Appointed on 21/7/2030. Asian Cup Winners. Resigned after Asian Cup.

Challenge Progress

Club Football

0/1 Club World Cups

International Footbal

2/5 Continental Championships	(Afcon 2023 - Nigeria, Asian Cup 2031 - S Korea)
0/1 World Cups

13/32

I've just realised 4 years into the challenge that my real name fix patch must have been overwritten and so all of the Brazilian teams are 3 letters and Juventus are called Zebre. Is there anyway to fix this mid-game or am I just stuffed? :(

Melaka_United.png

Melaka 2022 end of season

Another disappointing second season. We started in fantastic form, winning the Malaysian Community Shield comfortably over Ta'zim and continuing our 9 game winning streak from last season for another 4 games and remaining unbeaten 9 games into the season. At that point though the wheels fell off in spectacular fashion. We went 4 games without a win, won one, 4 games without a win, won one and 3 games without a win to see out the season. In all the disappointment I announced my intention to leave at the end of the season with 3 games to go, at which point we lost to the team in 10th and then blew a 2-0 lead, so I resigned with one game left to play. We got to the semi finals of the FA Cup, but ran into Ta'zim who are a level or two above every other team in Malaysia to the point where it's impossible to compete with them. They're paying £275k for players and my transfer budget for the year was £15k!

I started applying for various jobs and thought I had the job for Kitchee SC in Hong Kong in the bag, but they went with someone else after the job interview. I was hoping for that one as they're the best team in HK so I could have used that to pick up my first league title. I keep applying for the jobs in China but I don't have the experience or reputation yet for them to even consider me. Still, we keep going. The trip to Malaysia wasn't a total waste as I've got two cups in the bag now.

wEEeuRe.png

2 hours ago, Britrock said:

I've just realised 4 years into the challenge that my real name fix patch must have been overwritten and so all of the Brazilian teams are 3 letters and Juventus are called Zebre. Is there anyway to fix this mid-game or am I just stuffed? :(

I'm pretty sure that's something that can be fixed on the fly. Just go through the setup process for them again.

883293637_Crowy_Inbox.thumb.png.cdd5adc133593a05ca1fb2c5d040d6ab.png

So I've resigned from Dalian Yifang after losing in the 2nd round of that AFC Champions League to a ridiculous 96th minute winner... Injuries definitely got the better of us so far this season. On a positive note it is 17th of June 2025 so there might be some decent jobs available in Europe. I may look to Australia too, it's a country I've never managed in and it gives me chance to have another crack at the AFC Champions League.

CLUB PROGRESS

445764630_CareerProgress.thumb.png.af55ec559fa8c17bb3f9b0b0f5869101.png

12 hours ago, XuluBak said:

I'm pretty sure that's something that can be fixed on the fly. Just go through the setup process for them again.

Thanks, I went through the real names fix process again, reloaded the save game and all the Brazilian clubs have their proper names and I've got Juventus back. :D Panic over!

Edited by Britrock

2020/21 Season - Golden Arrows (South Africa)

Just a quick update from me.

We did OK in the Telkom Cup ending as Runners-up but were knocked out in the first round of the Nedbank Cup.

de990e04dbb4ffdee3cef5199b7faa7c.png

In the league we massively overachieved ending 3rd, we were top at one point but fell away towards the end of the season

34ad9e2a08bc6ccedb12883b199fb0cc.png

In other news - I have gained my National C Licence and am currently doing my National B Licence

2dd3201db43099268ec7a5eed7c904e7.png

Started this challenge after skipping a number of versions of FM due to real life.

Season 1 - 2019

This will be a quick update as I've just finished the first season after joining midway through the league. Started with 5 leagues from Asia loaded and landed a job in Singapore with Geylang International FC. Started 8th in the league after already being eliminated from one cup and quickly realised why they were struggling. They were playing 4-2-3-1 despite having only CBs in the squad. Pulled a few players up from the U19s to fill some gaps and increase depth a little but will have to try and overhaul the squad in the break. My best player wants out and his contract expires soon but, considering he is 10% of my wage budget, it may be better to let him go.

Only played 11 games in the first season, winning 2, drawing 7 and losing the other 2. Managed to get to the Semi Finals of the league cup after a 5 Nil victory over Niigata Unicorn (Singapore) in the league stage but then lost the semi finals 4-2 on penalties. My only win in the league came in the final game of the season. Ironically this came after I made a huge error and auto picked my squad after filtering the team page to only include U19 players. My under U19's managed a 1 Nil victory over Niigata Unicorn (Singapore). We ended the league remaining in 8th place. Annoyingly the only other team I applied for ended up winning the league on the final day. I was also offered some under U19 international jobs but turned these down as I thought they would just added extra play time onto the game for now.

I have a feeling I won't make it to the end of the following season as I will either get fired or find a better job.

Season          Team    		Position  		Notes and Achievements
2019	Geylang International FC	  8th		Took over mid way through the season.

Edited by blowcrapupagain

701d9b641d51bdefe37.png

QPR 2025/26

So after leaving Dalian Yifang I was expecting to walk in to a job of a top league abroad, not neccessarily a top team in the league but in the top league nonetheless. After a few months of getting turned down for jobs I decided to apply for the QPR job. I quite like the look of this job, they're 70K over their wage budget and you get 100% transfer revenue from sales. I think my plan is for now to stay in England and get this league ticked off, ideally I would like the Wolves job after this one. I'll be looking more in to international management over the next season or two so I can make a start on that also.

701d9b641d51bdefe37.png

QPR 2025/26

Manager Profile: Crowy 2026

Key Players: Herbie Kane ~ Kieran Dowell ~ Natanael Troncoso ~ Alfie Whiteman ~ Vontae Daley Campbell

12043c5b3bb8337eca.png

Competitions Overview

Quick overview of our season, it looks like we done really well in the league but it wasn't all plain sailing. I was on the verge of getting sacked at one point with 12 games left and being one place above the relegation zone. I just couldn't settle on a tactic with this team, but thankfully the fixtures were kind to us in the last 12 games 8 of them coming against teams around us or in the bottom half, once we got a couple of wins morale picked up and it saw us climb the table with 8 wins and 3 draws in our final 12 games. I feel with the right few additions we can certainly push for play-offs next season, I have a good few young prospects coming through as well so I'll be looking to give them some game time also.

CLUB CAREER

1423293117_CareerProgress.thumb.png.ee6d0795dabbaacd69648bfeda49c522.png

240px-Japan_national_football_team_crest

Japan - AFC Asian Cup 2023

We were drawn into what seemed like an easy group with Thailand, Vietnam and Turkmenistan and I fancied my chances at winning all 3 games. The first game was against Thailand and we went 1-0 down before our LB scythed down their RW and got himself sent off. From there we had no chance to get back in the game and ended up losing 2-0

image.thumb.png.6854c3a4e12eff3f808d809a74239cbd.png

Our second game was against Turkmenistan and this turned out to be a routine 3-0 win

image.thumb.png.b21fe6326c4245d8a7a5d183a0bb13c2.png

Which meant that we went into our last group game with Vietnam knowing that a draw would take us through. We got it to 0-0 at the half but they were outplaying us. Omura managed to give away a penalty just after halftime so we were 1-0 down, but we quickly got it back to 1-1. Within 15 mins we'd gone behind 2-1 and then managed to equalise to get it to 2-2 with 20 mins to go. We wer elooking comfortable until 82 mins when Omura smashed a clearance against a Vietnamese player, the ball flew into the area and Wander Luiz smashed it into the bottom corner. We went all out for the equaliser and came very close a couple of times but in the end we lost 3-2 and collapsed out of the Asian Cup at the group stages.

image.thumb.png.2666274ccd249c06c75168761242438b.png

An embarrassing disaster which isn't going to help me furthering my career in management at all. Third in the group behind the mighty Thailand and Vietnam.

image.thumb.png.7d15bb42467305a6d8b9bcfd62955d14.png

I'm not 100% on my next step, I'll probably keep the Japan job until another international job comes up and try to get back into club management which I'd put on the back burner with this tournament coming up.

EDIT: So apparently 4/8 of the third placed teams go through to the second round and somehow with 3 points we were one of those teams. It did mean however that we ran into South Korea, who just eviscerated us 3-0. A second round exit instead of a group stage isn't much better but the FA do actually seem happy with a second round exit, which seems wrong to me. There were media questions about it being Japan's first ever time at the tournament as well, even though they're listed as a previous winner. I think everything about Japan is slightly screwy because of the licensing issues so as soon as I can find a better international job the better!

image.thumb.png.d656970ab46381ca6f2ddcff037b2b59.png

Edited by Britrock

Official_Punjab_FC_Logo.png

2022/23 Punjab FC end of season review

image.thumb.png.430d3ee12cdfbb83abac23073474f531.png

So a few weeks after the disappointment of the Asian Cup I noticed that the media favourites for the I-League were without a manager. I applied for the Punjab FC job and as part of the interview process they asked how I would juggle a national and club job at the same time, so I offered to quit the national job just to focus on the club role. I must have been convincing as they offered me the job and as soon as I signed the contract I was on the phone to the Japanese FA to tender my resignation. I took over with only 5 games left and arrived slap bang in the middle of a title race, which the media were very quick to make me aware of!

image.thumb.png.725acc1816fe9899800367431c1a0585.png

I managed to win the first 4 of those 5 without so much as conceding a goal. Then on the last day of the season there was a chance to win the title if East Bengal weren't victorious and we were, but unfortunately we fell 2-0 to Mohun Bagan in a pretty poor display to end the season 3rd.

image.thumb.png.6740559e3361c73245ffb886faf1c642.pngimage.thumb.png.3132f420d31a4c3dec1863d2dac970d5.png

The squad is a bit of a mess. The two best players on the team weren't even registered when I joined the club and we're £3k over the wage budget. There are 11 players in the first team squad who's best position is ST, while there's one LB and one RB and the RB has already signed a deal with another team for next season! Hopefully I can salvage something over the summer, there are a lot of expiring contracts so we'll clear some space in the wage budget for next season.

jj6Y6Zt.png

Copa America 2032

Group Stage    Quarter Final

We went into the competition with the F.A demanding a Semi Final at the least. I thought this was realistic depending on us avoiding Brazil and Argentina. We got through our group stage comfortably, but were spanked 4-1 by Brazil in the groups. Onto the Quarter Finals and we drew......Argentina. I didn't think we would beat them, and to take the game to penalties after an entertaining 3-3 draw was a decent showing from us. I resigned the day after as I knew the sack was looming. 

My break from the international game didn't last long. With EURO 2032 ending at a similar time to the Copa America, jobs were open and I applied for 3, being offered all of them. I could not turn down my country of birth and took the England job. The fact they have yet to win any honours since 1966 makes it even more appealing.

For the weirdest of reasons, I'm going to start this challenge, at least for a season or two.

I'm moving to The Czech Republic / Slovakia in a week, and I just fancy getting to know a bit about the league systems and teams.

So I'm going to start off there. (The fact I'm posting this will mean that I was able to get a job there.

Maybe this is how I will choose which team to support. If so, I hope I can get a top division job, because otherwise I might be very lonely if and when I go to support 'my team'. Of course, I can get a better job later on.

It's been so long since I've done this challenge properly, (at the start of each iteration I do a test save to see what kinds of jobs are available), I'd forgotten how to set it up.

I added not only international players in Asia, but also those with continental and national reputation. This is important o ensure there's enough Asian national team jobs, and at the moment, there's loads; 36. Frankly, I may have overdone it. Be interesting to see of that number diminishes if I go deep into the save.

I wouldn't say this is a serious or committed attempt on my part though. It would make no sense in the challenge to pick up league titles in both countries, because if you win the league in every nation you need to in order to pick up the landmarks, that covers 9 of the required 10 league titles.

I made a mistake straight away and had to restart because I instantly applied for and accepted the Spain U19 job, but that might make it harder to get a club job. So, from one point of view I've set a new record (about 30 seconds) for cheating in this challenge.

I was a bit worried that I wouldn't be able to get any job in either of the nations, and this post (and started save) was in vain.

I was however able to attract job offers from a couple of the worst reputation teams in Slovakia, so I decided to go with 

FC Kosice logo.png

FK Košice, a club that has only existed for a year, though a now defunct club from the town / city had some success in the past, so they're a bit of a newborn sleeping giant.

Here are my players bursting with excitement at my appointment.

See the source image

Edited by vikeologist

2021/22 Season - Golden Arrows (South Africa)

A shocker of a season

bd680bd77d2332a18a6efa016f69ca26.png

The league was poor but the cups were even worse

44b5a31592e00187470bd600d098f3ee.png

What Next? 

Well my rep is still quite low (1.5*) so no one else will want me, I am currently doing my National A Licence. Maybe one more season here to see if we can actually win something if not it may be time to look for a new job

536e1e86d0eba4cc796492a0f909b3a6.png

5 hours ago, vikeologist said:

I wouldn't say this is a serious or committed attempt on my part though. It would make no sense in the challenge to pick up league titles in both countries, because if you win the league in every nation you need to in order to pick up the landmarks, that covers 9 of the required 10 league titles.

So, that's what I thought at first, but after going back and looking again, I think that was just an assumption I was making because of the continental Champions League requirements. It seems that you could win the "big 5" (never get why Ligue 1 is included, but I digress), win any other five top leagues, and "poach" CL titles you don't achieve along the way. Maybe I'm missing something though?

I'd like to try out the Czech Republic leagues at some point. Along with Greece, Turkey, and a few others, but didn't include them largely because of that assumption, and not wanting to get too carried away with the number of leagues I was loading up. Some day I'll get there!

Edited by XuluBak

1 hour ago, XuluBak said:

So, that's what I thought at first, but after going back and looking again, I think that was just an assumption I was making because of the continental Champions League requirements. It seems that you could win the "big 5" (never get why Ligue 1 is included, but I digress), win any other five top leagues, and "poach" CL titles you don't achieve along the way. Maybe I'm missing something though?

I'd like to try out the Czech Republic leagues at some point. Along with Greece, Turkey, and a few others, but didn't include them largely because of that assumption, and not wanting to get too carried away with the number of leagues I was loading up. Some day I'll get there!

I mean, you're not necessarily going to win both a cup and the league in every nation, but there's 5 you have to win (the big 5 in Europe)

Then you have to manage at some point in

S Africa

Asia

N America

S America

That's another 4, so that really just leaves one other nation potentially.

Bildresultat för boca juniors

Boca Juniors - 2028/29 report

Last season we finished 10th, this season we won the league. Not competing in any continental football definitely played in our favor this season. We ran away with the title, finishing 15 points above 2nd in the end. Next season we will challenge for the Copa Libertadores, which will be a big ask because some of the Brazilian clubs are really good at this point. 

Manager profile

League table

Season review

CLUB CAREER
                                                        -----------

2027/28      Boca Juniors     Argentina          Primera División 10th               -               -                  -                   Won the supercup
2028/29      Boca Juniors     Argentina          Primera División 1st                R16             -                  -                   -               

INTERNATIONAL CAREER
                                                   --------------------

CHALLENGE PROGRESS
                                                    ------------------

Club

3/10  Top Domestic Leagues (Sweden, China, Argentina)
 0/10  Top Domestic Cups
 0/1   Club World Cup

International

0/2   World Tournaments

Edited by LeoFM

Season 2 - 2020

A season of two halves really. We were 2nd after 15 games but a run of really poor form brought about by injuries/fatigue and lack quality in the 2nd string players meant we plummeted down the league. We ended up being the top scoring team with 39 goals but had a couple of games where we threw away a 3 goal lead. Balestier absolutely ran away with the league as well. In the cups we made it to the Quarter Finals of the Singapore Cup before losing on away goals and we didn't even make it out of the group stage of the league.

My contract ends at the end of the season and I've not renewed it as I don't think I can do much with the budget of the team. I'm already over the wage budget and need to bring in a fair few quality players. SO my prediction was wrong as I did make it to the end of the season but will definitely need to move on.

I was actually able to take on another job quicker than I thought and my 22020 season didn't end here. I was appointed managed of Johor DT who fired their manager after he finished 2nd in the Malaysian Super League. However the cup was ongoing still and I took over just before the 2nd leg of the semi finals with a 2 -1 lead going into the game. A draw saw me to my first cup final of my career. 

It took a penalty shoot out but I managed to win the cup of my first silverware. To be honest it feels like cheating a bit as I didn't do anything.

Season          Team    			Position  		Notes and Achievements
2019	Geylang International FC	  8th		Took over mid way through the season.
2020	Geylang International FC	  7th		National C and B Licence obtained
2020	Johor DT					  N/A		Malayasia Cup Winners

Challenge Progress

Club

0/10 top domestic leagues (Insert nations)

1/10 domestic cups (Malayasia Cup)

0/5 club continental championships ()

0/1 club world championship

International

0/5 continental tournaments ()

0/1 world tournaments ()

Edited by blowcrapupagain
Changes

Official_Punjab_FC_Logo.png

Punjab FC 2023/24 end of season

The season started well when we won the Durand Cup before the league season had even got underway. 6 games played, 6 games won and another cup competition in the bag.

image.thumb.png.1bdf8d510ab0d96be6770f82bd518565.pngimage.thumb.png.846969a7f0fdbaaa35edea9e10f39290.png

So I went into the league season fairly optimistic and that optimism was fairly well placed. We drew our first game but then went on a 9 game winning streak. Annoyingly Mohun Bagan won their first 9 games of the season so we were always a couple of points behind them, but we caught these up when we beat them 2-0 in our first meeting of the season. The second half of the season was almost as dominant as the first, although there were a couple of defeats in there. We started to win more comfortably though, which helped our goal difference improve which would prove vital in the end. We were 5 points ahead with 3 games to go, then drew and lost to Mohun Bagan which brought them level on points. Thankfully our final game of the season was against the bottom team who we stuffed 4-0 to win the title on goal difference! :D

image.thumb.png.325e9e9ebfd2914966efb53a07330a13.pngimage.thumb.png.c87be950f965985e4f4a254dadc9070f.png

We were absolutely dominant in the awards with 9 players in the team of the year, Didika won player of the year and midfielder of the year, Fernandes was top scorer, emerging player of the year, young player of the year and forward of the year, I won manager of the year, Teah won defender of the year and Singh won GK of the year. I tried to complete the treble with the Federation cup at the end of the year but went out in the semis on penalties for the second year in a row,

image.thumb.png.0881ed470d706e67da7d52b280e3a4a6.pngimage.thumb.png.caa25082a90bd8e18385424fe803a3cf.png

image.thumb.png.07414671b79a48a72e948100fc1d33e3.pngimage.thumb.png.b9af95e736ab187890ea112f94516cf9.png

image.thumb.png.a50a263146f63d41553e36c8790b033b.pngimage.thumb.png.29df2d8dabe16a240e62b726562e5ec2.png

image.thumb.png.ad8d8071ab9c3cc28c16280c47c02ab8.pngimage.thumb.png.338a1f49179d65b227ca6a6bdea78ef1.png

As you can see from the squad view, the team has been decimated for next year as practically everyone important has been picked off already. The team is almost £1m in debt so my wage budget has been slashed multiple times during the season and I just couldn't afford to sign any of them for next year. This means that I won't be here any longer, I'm going to resign and move on now I've got the league, a cup win and another training badge under my belt. Hopefully I can move to China or Korea so I can have a go at the AFC Champions League with a team that has a decent budget!

image.thumb.png.fd363586de0d670b2d2402fd37f3ca21.png

Edited by Britrock

Vikeologist's FC Košice 2019/20 End of Season Report

FC Kosice logo.png

I’d forgotten how dicey it can be taking over a relegation threatened club in the latter part of a season, but then again, those are often the most ‘prestigious’ jobs you can get in this challenge. Safer jobs will be with lesser clubs. Or, in nations such as Slovakia, there aren’t lesser clubs.

I took over Košice in the midseason break, or given there were 12 matches left of the 30 match season, the 60% season break. 12 matches really isn’t very many if you get off to a bad start, even when you’re only a point away from safety.

Thankfully after a few matches we got it together, and were safe from relegation with a match to spare. I’d rashly promised the board a mid table place in order to get the job, but we finished 9th of 16 teams, so everybody should be happy.

23 points from the 12 matches is decent enough.

I could look for another job, but as I pointed out in my post when I took the job, Košice are a reasonably promising side.

We’re in deep financial trouble despite being one of the largest clubs in the division. Luckily there doesn’t seem to be a limit on the number of loanees I can take on, or of clubs prepared to let us have them for free.

Top Goalscorer –Oleg Vyshnevskyi – 7

Or 2 goals in the 9 or 10 matches he played for me before injury shortened his season. My ‘best’ striker has not convinced me to keep him around if I can offload him.

His strike partner scored 6 goals when I brought him in on loan, but 4 of those were in one match against particularly hapless relegation fodder.

Highest Average Rating (minimum 10 matches played) Maksym Rizie / Martin Takac – 7.38

Takac is a promising 16 year old, but it’s Rizie that’s going to be the first inductee (albeit probably temporarily) into my Challenge XI. Inexplicably out on loan when I took over, I recalled him and changed tactics slightly to utilise him to the max.

Man of The Match – A couple of players picked up 3 awards (over the course of a 30 match season), so let’s just not cheapen this award by actually ascribing it to someone.

Most Valuable Player– Maksym Rizie

Domestic
Season	Team				Position	Notes										
19/20	FK Košice			9th		Took over with 12 matches to go and delivered from relegation	

International
Year	Team				Achievements

Challenge Progress 0/32

Club
 0/10 top domestic leagues 				
 0/10 domestic cups 							
 0/5 club continental championships	 	
 0/1 club world championship

International
 0/5 continental tournaments 		
 0/2 world tournaments 		

740360b70864ee6b81c.png

Wolves 2026/27

So as the season was coming to an end and I was battling for the play-offs with QPR after a very up and down season and form being inconsistent, I saw the Wolves job had become available after they sacked Lopetegui. Wolves have already been through several managers in this save but I'd never applied due to thinking I wouldn't be able to get it yet. I only had a few months left on my contract at QPR so decided to apply this time and they offered me the job. I've had a quick look over the club and they don't look in great shape financially but they have some players worth decent money and I like the challenges of rebuilding squads. My plan with Wolves is to win the Premier League before I look to move on unless I get sacked.

CLUB CAREER

366508734_CareerProgress.thumb.png.181b9c444ddcb852763578aec84cc70b.png

Everton_de_Vi%C3%B1a_del_Mar.png

Everton de Vina del Mar 2024 end of season

So after resigning from Punjab FC in May it took a few months for me to find a new job, but the Everton de Vina del Mar manager took the Universidad Catolica job and I applied for it as they're the 5th biggest club in Chile. They offered me the job so I've gone from the 19th biggest league in Asia to the 4th biggest league in South America. I only had 9 games to make an impact and managed to lose the first 3, but only lost one of the last 6 for a reasonable ending. I missed the Copa Libertadores but ended up in the Copa Sudamericana so at least we have some continental competition next year.

image.thumb.png.454b987aaf1319754201848b8bcf26e6.pngimage.thumb.png.b443f0b30b78c5dd1a100741a8173165.png

image.thumb.png.ac1c595dd3ee40d969183ff85d5669e6.png

I've already been busy in the transfer market, our young striker wanted to go to a bigger club so we sold him for £1m and I've reinvested that elsewhere. Hopefully we can push on to the Copa Libertadores next season. This is the first team that I actually want to stay at for the long term and not just to win a trophy. For those wondering, yes they are named after Everton, they're even affiliated to each other.

image.thumb.png.af7d92370ec9110fd9258ea641e66ddc.png

Edited by Britrock