The Ultimate Football Manager Challenge - Silver Age Archive

1200px-Mamelodi_Sundowns_logo_svg.thumb.png.d352435e08388afe999e1f982dd63cf7.png

Season 3 2021/22

Competitions

ASBA Premiership - League Table     Results 1    Results 2

We started with 0 wins in our first 5 games (2 draws, 3 losses) and the sack was looming. A tactical shuffle later and we looked a completely different side, yet our start very nearly cost us as we never hit top spot until only 2 games remained. From there we managed to seal the title on the last day of the season. 

NedBank Cup - Results

I wasn't too worried about winning this having done so last season, but with the league looking out of our hands decided I needed silverware if I was to keep my job if we did fail in the league. In the end our 2nd cup success in a row and a domestic double.

CAF Champions League -  Results

Breezed through the group stages, then met domestic rivals and last seasons winners Cape Town City, we got a good draw away in the first leg before a brilliant 3-0 win at home sealed our semi final spot. Here we met Egyptian side Al-Ahly who managed to squeeze past us on away goals after a 3-3 aggregate scoreline. In the end Orlando Pirates managed to beat Al-Ahly in the final, which only added to the disappointment. We try again next season. 

Other Cups - The board made it cleat that the above 3 competitions are the ones that matter, so we played reserves and youth prospects in the Super 8 and Telekom Cups and went out early in both.

Playing Squad

Squad    Transfers    End Of Season Awards

A busy summer as the side was nowhere near ready to challenge for the league title but now we have a brilliant side for this league and standard of football. With a balanced group of ages and some real talented youngsters, we should be looking to win the Champions League next season.

Our 3 key men this season were:

Lyle Foster - St - On loan from AS Monaco the striker proved a real handful and will be back with us next season as we aim for that Champions League. 17 goals in 18 starts is a great return and I will expect even better next season.

Lamine Diallo - Amr - Signed in the summer on a free transfer, this lad just went from strength to strength, ending the season with 6 goals and 18 assists from 35 starts. 

Teboho Mokoena - Cm - Another summer signing, this time bought for £105k and what a signing he has proved to be. 10 goals and 7 assists from his deep midfield role is a brilliant return.

Next Season

Manager Profile    Last save date

Having just signed a new 2 year contract, and the need for the African Champions League, I wont be going anywhere else just yet. We should be one of the favs for the competition this coming season, and I fancy our chances with the squad we have and the players room for even more improvement, We have also bagged our first coaching license, and are up to 30% rep. 

I also had a first international job offer from UAE but rejected the offer as I doubt they can realistically challenge for honours. 

Club Career

Leagues		Cups	
Season	Nation	Division	Club		1st	2nd	1st	2nd	Cont.	CWC	Other Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019/20	S Africa	NFD	TS Galaxy	3rd	n/a	2nd Rnd	n/a	n/a	n/a	Lost in Play Offs.
2020/21	S Africa	NFD	TS Galaxy	1st	n/a	Win	n/a	n/a	n/a	League Winners, NedBank Cup Winners.
2021/22	A Africa   	APL	M Sundowns	1st	n/a	Win	QF	SF	n/a	League and Cup Winners. Lost in CL SF.

International Career

Rank		Competitions
Year	Nation	Fifa	NL	World	Cont.	Conf.	Other Achivements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Challenge Progress

Club
1/10 Top Domestic Leagues		(S.Africa-ASBA Prem 21/22)
1/10 Top Domestic Cups			(S.Africa-NedBank Cup 20/21)
0/5 Continental Championshsips
0/1 Club World Cups

International
0/5 Continental Championships
0/2 World Tournaments 

2/33

Edited by Lewis89

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Arbroath_FC_logo.png.197305794db4ea185cd10a57242337e3.png

Season 2 - 2020/21 - Scottish Championship (tier 2)

First season with Arbroath and started with only 12 players in the squad so basically brought in a new team with some loans as well. It started off well finishing first in the Betford cup group knocking off Premiership team Livingston in the process. The league itself was very inconsistent, would demolish a team 5 - 1 then lose 3 - 0 which was quite frustrating. This made me keep my eyes open during the season for opportunities and so I had interview with Sydney FC, Rangers and Aberdeen but were all unsuccessful but I didn't manager to get the Iran u23 head coach role although didn't play any games or anything,

We finished comfortably in 4th and made the play offs. First 2 leg gams were against St Johnstone which we beat twice 4 - 3 and lost twice during the season. First game was at home which we deservedly won 2 - 0, we backed that up with a 2 - 2 draw however were down 2 - 0 after five minutes for an oh sh*t moment. This meant we would play Dunfermline next who we went win, draw and 2 losses in the league with one of them being 6 - 2. First game again at home and which we wont 4 - 3 although it should have been a more favourable scoreline. By now the players were getting fatigued as the games were either 3 or 4 days apart so was expecting to be knocked out. To my disbelief, after 17 minutes I was ahead 3 - 0 and ended up winning the game 5 - 1 and 9 - 4 on aggregate. Again to my disbelief, there was still another round of play off games before promotion to the Premiership, and yes I did prematurely celebrate a wonderful promotion to the big league. So we had one team standing in our way left and that was Livingston from the Premiership. I had to rest some first choice players as by now we were on our last legs and the game came 3 days after our previous win at Dunfermline but lucky enough the first leg was at home again. We lost that tie 3 - 2 in a game we were the second best team.  It all came down to this game.  So close and yet so far, an 89th minute goal ended the season on a low after an absolute marathon play off system!

Next year I will see how things go, would prefer to be in a league where we could win our first league or trophy as part of the challenge. The board wont agree to become professional so a lot of my players are a lot worse then what they started the season with so the team will need a mini rebuild if I stay.

I was planning to start a journeyman as my 'main' save early this year. I've been going back and forth on this challenge for a few days, because of the international management component, but decided to go ahead and give it go. Mostly loading Europe to start. Aiming to play primarily in Europe to begin, may knock out Mexico/South America if a good opportunity presents itself, then worry about Asia and South America when regens rule the world. Never really deal with the international side of things, so will just see what happens there.

Edited by XuluBak
New startup images post-release.

Mini Update - had to resign as manager of the Iran u23's as we couldn't submit 3 GK's in the squad so in order to continue I had to resign immediately without managing one game for them. 

However have just been appointed the coach of the Senegalise national team 

been named as favourites to win the Championship and signed some decent players so might stick it out with Arbroath for the season ahead

UPDATE

2nd season with Villa was fruitless as I didn't win anything, I finished 8th in the league. Starting to think this challeng is going to take me forever, especially as its a lot harder to get a higher rep job if you aint won silverware.

I need to win some sort of silverware next season, I have applied for the Dortmund, RB Lepzieg, Chelsea etc but they didn't want me.

I have done 6 seasons so I far I think and only won the African Cup Of Nations grrr.

So, I went through a full calendar year last night without getting any offers and the only interviews I had were in National First Division (South Africa, 2nd tier). I accidently left one in the middle (TS Galaxy), and I made excessive demands at the other one upon realizing it was going to be an awful starting place otherwise. I was admittedly a bit selective, but I don't think unreasonable. Maybe a fluke, maybe bad luck. I was about half asleep for a good portion of it, so maybe missing out on good options "vacationing." Anyways, today I decide to reset and give it another try, with less vacationing, paying closer attention, etc.

First two interviews were in the National First Division (NFD). Offered both. This struck me as odd (considering the competition and club reputation levels), and I didn't really want to start in South Africa, so decided to make an experiment of this go round. Expanded my application pool a little and tried to answer interview questions consistently: buying into board's vision, not demanding anything, realistically optimistic, etc. Anyways...

South Africa: Applied to 8, interviewed for 7, offered at 5 in NFD. The only one I applied to and did not receive an interview for was still very much in the promotion hunt. I think I'd already turned down an offer from one of the two clubs that didn't offer. Applied to a few Premiership clubs with no luck. 

UK/Ireland: Applied to at least a hundred (none in Wales), interviewed for 9, offered at 5. No interviews were in leagues with more than 1 star. I had two interviews with 1.5 star clubs, both well into summer '20. Offered at one of them. I only got one interview in England, 6th tier, during Summer '20, with no offer. 

Mexico/Germany/Spain/France: Applied to a few randomly, with no expectation, and received no interest.

Given the disparity, it seems either disproportionately easy to get positions in South Africa, or disproportionately difficult to get them in the UK. Maybe both. At this point, I'm probably just going to wait until release to get started, so might try a similar experiment in South America/Asia. 

Edited by XuluBak

Small Update

1093236909_NewInternationalJob.thumb.png.8d33546bcc60826d3373264074aeded4.png

I decided to take the England job to give me a good chance of winning the World Cup and or Euros and it also boosted my rep up a bit as well so I see it as a plus, I also didn't think Costa Rica had a strong enough team to win anything so I will try get the Jamaica, USA or Mexico job at some point in my career as they will probably have stronger squads.

Edited by Ronaldo Beckham

22 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

UPDATE

2nd season with Villa was fruitless as I didn't win anything, I finished 8th in the league. Starting to think this challeng is going to take me forever, especially as its a lot harder to get a higher rep job if you aint won silverware.

I need to win some sort of silverware next season, I have applied for the Dortmund, RB Lepzieg, Chelsea etc but they didn't want me.

I have done 6 seasons so I far I think and only won the African Cup Of Nations grrr.

10 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Small Update

I decided to take the England job to give me a good chance of winning the World Cup and or Euros and it also boosted my rep up a bit as well so I see it as a plus, I also didn't think Costa Rica had a strong enough team to win anything so I will try get the Jamaica, USA or Mexico job at some point in my career as they will probably have stronger squads.

Wait, what? That's quite the jump. Is that "normal" for international management in FM?

Edited by XuluBak

2 hours ago, XuluBak said:

Wait, what? That's quite the jump. It's that "normal" for international management in FM?

Im currently at 30% rep and after the 2022 world cup applied for the Argentina, France, England, Spain, italy, Ukraine and Nigeria jobs. Was rejected by all but Nigeria. 

It might be down to him managing in england that he was able to get the national job, is a fair jump though.

On 17/11/2019 at 02:56, Ronaldo Beckham said:

@skills Did you not think to holiday the day of having to do the squad selection, that would of sorted it out without you having to resign.

Oh well you got a better International job now anyway so worked out well, good luck to you.

Didn’t come to mind to be honest, I don’t holiday much but will keep it in mind if it happens again, cheers

3 hours ago, XuluBak said:

Wait, what? That's quite the jump. It's that "normal" for international management in FM?

I was Mali manager before Costa Rica manager, I also managed West Ham and Aston Villa and have English nationality, some managers of England in real life including Gareth Southgate have had less succcess then me.

18 hours ago, XuluBak said:

Given the disparity, it seems either disproportionately easy to get positions in South Africa, or disproportionately difficult to get them in the UK. Maybe both. At this point, I'm probably just going to wait until release to get started, so might try a similar experiment in South America/Asia. 

The short answer seems to be "yes, to both." I've gotten two offers in 2* leagues, outside South Africa, across three test saves (with 6 months left on my 'rest of Europe' one). Oddly, neither is in an English/Spanish speaking country. Additionally, interviews and offers are noticeably more common for 1 and 1.5* leagues outside England, even in non-English/Spanish speaking countries. 

Scott Williams 2021

Curico Unido

End of Season Review

180428331_CuricoUnido.jpg.a2f28a091455ba8b8a00bcb6d72a9e6b.jpg

Competitions

Campeonato AFP Planvital

Season Preview | League Table | Past Position | Results 1 2

Scott's going to be left wondering what could have been from this season. The media predicted a 9th place finish for Unido, and at the midpoint of the season that looked about right. After the break the form picked up and teams around them started dropping points meaning qualification for the Copa Libertadores didn't look out of reach. Unfortunately for Scott and fans of Unido, the end of season was one to forget picking up just one win from 5. An away defeat to Colo Colo after Escalante missed a penalty ensured that Unido would have to settle for Sudamericana football once again, finishing in 7th place for the second season running, 4pts behind 4th. 

Copa Chile & Copa Sudamericana

Results

A set of cup runs, if you can call it that, to forget for Unido as they were knocked out in the second round of Copa Chile and the first round of the Sudamericana. The side faced tough draws in both but nontheless, Scott would have been hoping for much better, especially in his first continental outing. 

Curico Unido

Transfers | Squad | Youth Squad | Awards

Elcasante may go down as one of Unido's worst ever signings. He didn't quite manage last seasons tally scoring just 5 times in all competitions and earning himself a spot on the transfer list. The team were definitely lacking fire power and struggled to see off games due to a number of missed opportunities. Youth prospect Ian Aliaga (ST) was the clubs top scorer with a good return of 8 from 18 and even managed to pick up the Young Player of the Year award. Oscsar Hernandez (CM) was the managers player of the season, brought in on laon with the opton to buy, fans of Unido will be keen to see him don the red and whte strip again next season. In other news Claudio Bravo signed for Unido as he looked to see out the end of his career back home, staying with them for 6 months before retiring in June. 

Next Season

Manager Profile | Finances

After one of the most drawn out takeover attempts, with Scott recieving an email every other day saying it's off and then it's back on again the president finaly sold the club. With new owners came the injection of cash and next seasons budgets (£1.95m, £31Kp/w) have Scott licking his lips. The club is in a strong place financialy, making profit every month outside of the transfer windows. The previous board agreed to improve the youth facilities and stepped up the youth recruitment network as well. Scott brought in some very talented young players, however despite the improvements to the recruitment process, this years intake was poor. Scott has started work (and all things going to plan nearly completed) his National B licence. The club isn't far away from competing for silverware and if Scott can bring in the right players, he may be able to put together a challenge for the title. The way the club is shaped up for next season, it wouldn't be all that suprising if Scott stayed around for another season. However, his reputation has taken a boost and if if the right job comes available now may be a good time to move away from Chile. The Colo Colo job has also become available and with them playing Copa Libertadores football next season Scott may be tempted to apply.

Personnel Career

Clubs Managed: 2
Manager of the Year:
2020 (Runner up)

Career Earnings: £91K
---------------------------------------------------

Club Career

Season	NAT	Club		Division	Pos	Cup 1	Cup 2	Cont	CWC	Things to Note
2019		Unemployed					
2020	CHI	Nublense	Primera Div B	6th	R2	-	-	-	Playoff Winners, U19s Runners up in Div 1
2021	CHI	Curico Unido	Primera Div	7th	R2	-	R1	-
----------------------------------------------------

Challenge Progress
0/33

1200px-Mamelodi_Sundowns_logo_svg.thumb.png.2eb5669b7ca481e7609204ab5b1965cc.png

Season 4 2022/23

Competitions

ASBA Premiership - League Table   Results 1    Results 2

A dissapointing season ended with a 4th placed finish. We started well, but then had a very inconsistent spell in the middle block of games, and it cost us big time. My main aim was to win the Champions league so granted we did rest players more this season, but we still should have done alot better. With players playing so well coming into this season, we was fending off lots of interest and players were becoming unhappy, this didn't help our cause.

CAF Champions League - Results

Our sole aim this season as success after last years semi final heartbreak, and we didn't fail. Wins over domestic rivals Cape Town City and Orlando Pirates in the semi's and final meant it was a well deserved success after our domestic struggles.

Other Cups - We played kids and reserves in the cups and failed miserably. 

Playing Squad

Playing Squad    End Of Season Awards

A good squad but one that needs some reinforcement, A bunch of players want to move on and all are attracting interest.  3 key men this season were:

Kobamelo Kodisang - The left winger signed from Braga before i joined was good last season, but was immense this year. 22 goals and 10 assists proved his worth. Has wanted to move on since the start of the season and has done what I asked when saying to play on more year, will be leaving this summer.

Lyle Foster -  The on loan striker was brilliant for the second season running, led the line well and bagged 27 goals and 6 assists. 

Lamine Diallo -  My favourite player at the club has gone from strength to strength, is a pleasure to watch with some of the wonder goals he scores. 11 goals and 14 assists, he will be playing in Europe soon im sure.

Next Season

Appointment    Manager Profile

Having completed the objectives in African domestic football and the fact the squad requires alot of work done, I decided I would be moving on asap. The day after the Champions League win there was 2 job openings, Dalian Yifang and Wuhan Zall. Interviews were offered by both clubs, Yifang  turned me down Wuhan Offered me the job. Sitting just above the relegation zone with 17 games to go, the club is struggling. However with a war chest of £100m sitting in the budget, we have room to improve the clubs fortunes, with the transfer window opening in a few weeks time, its not the worst time to take over. Being turned down by Yifang means its unlikely I would get a top job in China. 

I have also took my first steps into International Management, after the 2022 world cup, numerous jobs were available. I applied for all but was rejected by all except for Nigeria. With a AFCON coming up this summer, this is a good chance to make a name on the international stage.  Ranked 24th in the world, and with only Senegal ranked higher, we are heading into the AFCON as one of the favourites to lift the trophy. 

Club Career

Leagues		Cups	
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21	S Africa	NFD	TS Galaxy	1st	n/a	Win	n/a	n/a	n/a	League Winners, NedBank Cup Winners.
2021/22	S Africa    	APL	M Sundowns	1st	n/a	Win	QF	SF	n/a	League and Cup Winners. Lost in CL SF.
2022/23	S Africa	APL	M Sundowns	4th	n/a	2nd Rnd	QF	Win	n/a	Champions League Winners

International Career

Rank		Competitions
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2022	Nigeria	24th					Appointed on 25/12/2022

Challenge Progress

Club
1/10 Top Domestic Leagues	(S.Africa-ASBA Prem 21/22)
1/10 Top Domestic Cups		(S.Africa-NedBank Cup 20/21)
1/5 Continental Championshsips	(Africa 2023)
0/1 Club World Cups

International
0/5 Continental Championships
0/2 World Tournaments 

3/33

Edited by Lewis89

nigeria.jpg.0d75ed5d1493012835d8d28070f506b3.jpg

AFCON 2023 Review

Squad     Results

We went into the tournament as one of the favourites, even though the last time Nigeria won the competition was 10 years ago in 2013. Boasting a very talented squad though we had a genuine chance of glory. With the competiton being held in Ivory Coast, and the hosts being the highest ranked African side, it was going to be tough.

Group Stage

Given a relatively easy group of Guinea, S Africa and Guinea-Bissau, we made light work of the group with 3 easy wins and was able to rotate a few of the players to keep them fresh for the later rounds

Last 16

Paired with Cape Verde, we was heavy favourites to advance and didn't disappoint, winning 2-1.

Quarter Finals

The draw I was dreading, favourites and hosts Ivory Coast. A 2-0 win didn't really reflect the match as they was by far the better team. We took the few chances we created, and hung on to seal a spot in the final 4.

Semi Finals

Given a big derby tie against rivals Ghana meant going out now would have been ever worse, not the side they once was, we manged to seal a final spot with a comfortable 2-0 win.

Final

The biggest surprise was who we would face, Guinea were runners up in our group and we again made light work of them with a 3-1 win that should have been by even more. 

What's Next

Manager Profile

I am not quite sure what to do here, resigning after less than a year in charge might not be the best thing to do, we have a decent side here, but are unlikely to challenge for a World Cup which is 3 years away anyway. The USA national team job is open and I have applied for that. They flopped at this years Gold Cup, but with the next one only 2 years away, that could be a good option.

Club Career

Leagues		Cups	
2021/22	S Africa    	APL	M Sundowns	1st	n/a	Win	QF	SF	n/a	League and Cup Winners. Lost in CL SF.
2022/23	S Africa	APL	M Sundowns	4th	n/a	2nd Rnd	QF	Win	n/a	Champions League Winners

International Career

Rank		Competitions
2022	Nigeria	24th					Appointed on 25/15/2022
2023	Nigeria	11th	n/a	n/a	win		AFCON Winners

Challenge Progress

Club
1/10 Top Domestic Leagues		(S.Africa-ASBA Prem 21/22)
1/10 Top Domestic Cups			(S.Africa-NedBank Cup 20/21)
1/5 Continental Championshsips		(Africa 2023)
0/1 Club World Cups

International
1/5 Continental Championships		(AFCON 2023- NIgeria)
0/2 World Tournaments 

4/33

Arbroath_FC_logo.png.55e9b9d722843c39279ff2dc70bd0c98.png

Season 3 - 2021/22

Arbroath FC

League    Play-off Final

We were listed as favourites for the league and for the first couple months I was believing the hype. We were winning comfortably although majority of our goals were coming from midfield. This ended up being our achilleas heel as all my strikers were toothless despite loaning in Afolabi from Celtic again who was last year's competition top goal scorer, this year only scored 9 in 31 games. Dundee who were relegated from the Premiership last season ended up taking first spot off us on round  13 and never looked like being challenged for the title. Second was all that we could hope for and in the end sealed it with a couple games to go.  Another year of play offs after last years heartbreak.  We played St Johnstone in the second round of play offs and had an early 2 - 0 lead away from home in the first leg but only headed away with a 2 - 2 draw.  The home leg we dominated but couldn't score until the 65th minute which ended up being the only goal of the game.  Play off final again, this time against Hamilton who won last years Championship and I beat them 8 - 1 in preseason.  Home leg first where we had 61% possession and 21 shots at goal but lose 3 - 1. Second leg we went all out and managed to score the first goal which gave us a glimmer of hope but we couldn't keep it tight at the back and kept conceding after we'd score, result was a 4 - 3 loss.

Had really good runs in the cups making it to the Semi Finals in both the Betford Cup losing to Rangers on pens and the Scottish Cup losing to Livingston 4 - 3. This was great for our finances and at the end of the season the Board finally made the decision to go professional which is awesome.

With Senegal, we failed to qualify for the World Cup, knocked out by Morocco in the third round of qualifying.   Managed to get Sadio Mane to reconsider retirement from international football after the quals so look forward to using him in the African Nations quals.

Next year - been struggling to land any job worth noting and might not have a choice but stay and try make it third time lucky with Arbroath.  Will keep my eyes open for potential roles tho.

1475759072_TuksFC.thumb.png.556f20e8dfbd094c15d864a5db8c7c64.png

University of Pretoria FC (AKA Tuks FC)

I went into '19-20 hoping to land something in China's Jia League (2nd tier), even if that meant vacationing the better part of a year. I was willing to be patient. Sure enough, early January that seemed to pay off with an interview, following closely by an offer, from Xinjiang Sport Lottery FC. Initial response was to accept on the spot, but given the timing, and league calendar, I decided to give it a week and see if anything else came up. They obliged. Just before that week was up, Tuks FC came calling. I'd turned down two or three interviews from National First Division (NFD) clubs already, but this was different. They were in 6th, not far out of a playoff spot, so there was a chance for an immediate impact, and with better resources in place than most NFD clubs, this could have long-term potential. I took the interview, fully expecting to get passed up, and take the position at Xinjiang Sport Lottery FC. Obviously, that didn't happen.

Thankfully, I had a few weeks between when I took over, January 21st, and our first match with me in charge, February 15th, because there was a lot of housekeeping to get done. When I stepped in, they had an extremely bloated roster (and wage bill!), with everyone on expiring contracts, and no scouting team. Unfortunately, it's not easy to sell players in NFD, so we just lent out players on expiring contracts to clear their wages. With our acquisitions (not all mine), we still have a horribly bloated roster, but I believed it was critical to bring in a pair of quality central defenders (giving us three I could count on), and a winger to provide depth and ultimately, replace our best player (loaned in from a premiership club).  Lastly, a lot of new contracts, to cover '20-21, and potentially beyond. 

First match (of three consecutive on the road) at Real Kings, got off to a rough start, we couldn't hold onto the ball, two of three midfielders picked up quick yellows, and we ultimately conceded after (repeatedly) giving away possession. Made some minor tweaks and finally got ourselves back in the game, then ahead, with two strikes in four minutes ('27, '31). Stayed that way til halftime, before turning into an onslaught in the second half. Finishing 6-2 in our favor. Our next match, a crucial fixture against 3rd place Cape Umoya Utd, had far less fireworks, but provided an equally satisfactory 1-0 victory. Next up: 4th placed Free State Stars FC. 

Will update on season's end. 

Edited by XuluBak

Oh, almost forgot! I have a set of 'mini challenges' that I've set for myself. I won't consider it a failure to complete the larger challenge, if I fail one of them, but they'll serve as a guideline for how I will try to complete it. 

1) Promotion or trophy (club) - Pretty straightforward. I want to win, everywhere I go, without just using any club as a stepping stone to something else. That's not to say I won't move on from clubs when the right opportunity comes along, but I won't actively go looking for a new club until I've achieved something with my current one. That will, of course, greatly influence my job search along the way, and has already to an extent. 

2) Liverpool - Ideally, I'll be able to save EPL until last, and finish my career with Liverpool, striving for a 'perfect' season. Generally, I won't manage anyone else in England, unless I've completed everything else. (I thought about trying to start in Uruguay, with the aim of starting my trophy collection with one Liverpool and ending with the other, but decided that might require spending too many early years of my save in South America)

3) No (other) "giants" - Earlier in the thread, I saw that someone that had already completed the challenge once, was starting anew, with the aim of winning the big leagues with only promoted teams. I don't want to go quite that far, although, there are a couple teams I'd like to try to achieve that with along the way, but I have no interest in winning with PSG, Bayern, Juve, Real Madrid, etc. 

4) "Invader" - The idea here is fairly simple. Win a country's top flight with a team from another country. Admittedly, I was originally planning to include more leagues where this would be possible, and could always add them back in, depending how things progress.

5) "Club & country" (mini) - Self explanatory.

6) 1st Star - I only want to win the WC with a first-time champion. 

7) There was definitely at least one more, but I didn't seem to write it down, and cannot remember it at the moment. 

Edited by XuluBak

Update

Unfortunately after getting numerous blue screens of death on my computer I had to wipe my computer and start again so had to re-install FM2020 etc.

So what I am going to do is just do other saves until the final patch comes out and then take on this challenge in March/April time.

Good luck to everyone who do the challenge, I will be back.

Quick update; An almost perfect 2nd year with Monaco, ticking off the French league and winning 6 out of 7 trophies that season, only losing in the French Cup final (which I'd luckily won the year before). I took over Juventus after Zidane retired, and added the Italian league and cup to the trophy challenge, before my second attempt at the AFCON.... which I crashed out of in the 2nd Round. 

I've resigned from both (Egypt in anger), and now only need the AFCON, Copa America, and the North American Champions League to complete the challenge!

Challenge Progress

Club

10/10 top domestic leagues - Singapore S-League 19/20 (Home Utd), K-League 2023,2024,2025 (Jeju), Portugal Liga NOS 26/27, 27/28 (Sporting Lisbon), Bundesliga 2029/30 (Bayern Munich), La Liga 2030/31 (Real Madrid), Argentinian Primera Division 2031/32 (River Plate), ABSA Premiership 2033/34 (Kaizer Chiefs), English Premier League 2036/37, 2038/39, 2039/40 (Wolves), Ligue 1 2041/42 (AS Monaco), Serie A 2042/43 (Juventus)

10/10 domestic cups - RHB Singapore Cup 18/19 (Home Utd), KFA Cup 2025 (Jeju), Taca de Portugal Placard 27/28 (Sporting), DFB-Pokal 28/29 (Bayern Munich), Copa Del Rey 2030/31 (Real Madrid), Nedbank Cup (SA) 2033/34 (Kaizer Chiefs), Toto KNVB Beker 2034/35 (Ajax), English FA Cup 2038/39 (Wolves), Coupe de France 2040/41 (AS Monaco), TIM Cup 2042/43 (Juventus)

4/5 club continental championships - AFC Champions League 2025 (Jeju), European Champions League 2028/29 (Bayern Munich) 2039/40 (Wolves) 2040/41, 2041/42 (AS Monaco), Copa Libertadores 2031/32 (River Plate), Orange CAF Champions League 2033/34 (Kaizer Chiefs)

1/1 club world championship – 2029/2030 (Bayern Munich), 2031/32 (River Plate), 2041/42 (AS Monaco)

International

3/5 continental tournaments – Euro 2028 (France), AFC Asian Cup 2034/35 (South Korea), CONCACAF Gold Cup 2039 (USA)

2/2 world tournaments – Confederations Cup 2029 (France), World Cup 2030 (France)

Other titles

New Paper League Cup 18/19, 19/20 (Home United)

AFC Cup 19/20 (Home United)

Hyundai A-League (Regular Season) 2020/21 (Melbourne Victory)

U23 Asian Games w/ South Korea 2022

U23 Pacific Games w/ New Zealand 2023

Taca de Liga Portugal 2027/28 (Sporting)

Supertaca Candido de Oliveira 27/28 (Sporting)

DFL Supercup 28/29 (Bayern Munich)

Supercopa de Espana 30/31 (Real Madrid)

Supercopa Argentina 2031/32 (River Plate)

Recopa Santander Sudamericana 2031/32 (River Plate)

Telkom Knockout 2033/34 (Kaizer Chiefs)

Orange CAF Super Cup 2033/34 (Kaizer Chiefs)

Be The Coach Challenge Cup 2033/34 (Kaizer Chiefs)

Johan Cruijff Schaal 2034/35 (Ajax)

English Charity Shield 2039/40 (Wolves)

English Carabao Cup 2039/40 (Wolves)

Trophee des Champions 2041/42 (AS Monaco)

UEFA Super Cup 2041/42 (AS Monaco)

Supercopa TIM 2042/43 (Juventus)

Screenshot 2019-11-20 at 11.59.01.png

Screenshot 2019-11-20 at 11.59.08.png

I last attempted this challenge on FM16 I think it was, last time I properly played an FM game but a lot of the game looks incredibly similar to how it was so back again in FM20 to give this another shot.

Started a new game with several  'top' European nations this time out and was unemployed for about 3-4 months before Slough Town currently bottom of the English National League South gave me a job, starting from the absolute bottom but here we go!

Manager Profile    Slough Town Appointment

Edit: Disregard!!!

Edited by Super_Gord
Error

2019-2020 End-of-Year

Premiership, here we come!  It's July 1st, and despite the Jekyll and Hyde act, we haven't lost a match in 2020.  We could look completely dominant at times, but more likely to gift wrap a goal than score one at others. My gamble of relying on an aging striker, without a suitable backup, almost certainly should have cost us more points than it did (and likely my job in the process). After tallying a goal and two assists in my first three games in charge, he did little more than occupy space the rest of the way (1/0/0 in 15 games), and the 'either-footed' IW/IF I thought would be crucial to our success didn't fare much better, aside from providing service on corners. Despite the 6-2 onslaught in my debut, and starting 3-0-0 in that opening stretch on the road, I think the pivotal moment of our season was realizing, I "got it wrong," and switching from a 433 to 4231. For all the things we did well in a 433, it never felt like that first goal was coming. With the shift, Samuel Julies, our #10, was transformed into a golden boot winner, and the offense as a whole transformed around him.  On the other hand, if there's one thing I "got right" it was my central defender trio. Vital securing our playoff spot, absolutely dominant once we got there. They actually outscored our opponents, 2-1, across four playoff matches, and that lone concession was 100% goalkeeper error following an offensive corner. Not only did they carry their weight, but they carried our RBs too. 

Unfortunately, due to some "clerical errors," I spent the last two months wondering if I'd keep my job long enough to finish the job. Apparently, during the interview processes I'd proposed to "win promotion by winning the league" (nearly impossible given the table at the time) instead of "win promotion," so the board was horribly disappointed with my progress toward the vision, despite being thrilled with our match results.  Then, to compound matters, all those contract extensions I'd secured when taking over kicked in during May, overlapping with expiring contracts still on the books, and we were over wage budget. So in their mind we were overpaying to underperform, even though we were on the verge of securing promotion and the contracts I'd offered had us within our "current" and "committed" budgets. 

Looking ahead to 2020-21, my first order of business is to make some decisions tactically. Do I try to play on the front foot in the Premiership, or pull back, and if the latter, how drastically? Either way, we desperately need strikers and RB/RWBs, as we currently have no senior squad options at either position. Fortunately, despite being in the red and splurging on a stadium expansion, the board has afforded me a seemingly healthy transfer budget. Thinking longer term, I'd love to stick around, build them up, and win some trophies, but I'm not really sold on the club's financial health. 

Challenge - We were eliminated from the cup competition before I took over, so didn't have a chance to check anything off, securing promotion was obviously a huge first step though. 

2 hours ago, Super_Gord said:

I last attempted this challenge on FM16 I think it was, last time I properly played an FM game but a lot of the game looks incredibly similar to how it was so back again in FM20 to give this another shot.

Started a new game with several  'top' European nations this time out and was unemployed for about 3-4 months before Slough Town currently bottom of the English National League South gave me a job, starting from the absolute bottom but here we go!

Manager Profile    Slough Town Appointment

You're not 20.

Scott Williams 2022

Curico Unido

End of Season Review

238955965_CuricoUnido.jpg.7356051fa4032e11a9e84f22afef60d6.jpg

Competitions

Campeonato AFP PlanVital

Preview | Table | Graph | Results 1 2

30 game seasons should feel pretty short but when you're managing in Chile they are anything but. At the midpoint Unido were sat in 4th, 2 points behind 1st but only 1 point above 9th. It really could have gone either way and with the fact the club had only won twice on the road it looked likely that Scott would face another season without picking up a trophy. Fortunately the club was able to continue their good from in the cup month over to the league and hit first place after match day 18 and stayed there for the next 11 gameweeks. Unido had chance after chance to wrap the season up early but once again decided the end of the season would be a good time to stop winning. It all came down to the final game of the season, Universidad de Chile played a day early and beat a side facing relegation, that Unido were unable to beat two games earlier. Unido were playing 3rd place Universidad de Concepcion and the way the table was set anything but a vicotry for Unido would mean the title would be lost. 

Final Game of The Season

The Unido players really do know how to get Scott's heart racing. At 23 His doctor has said he may need to take some time away from management. The players got off to the best possible start leading 2-0 at half time and scored shortly after half time to make it 3-0. Deciding three was enough Scott turned to a more defensive formation and style of play, which immediately brought on the pressure. Concepcion scored on the hour mark and continued to push for the second hitting the bar and missing a one-on-one. Then with 2 minutes of added time left to play they scored their second. Scott was going berserk but thankfully the ref's whislte blew for full time and Curico Unido were crowned champions of Chile. 

Copa Sudamericana and Copa Chile

Results

Once again performances in continental competitions were uninspired to say the least. Scott did his best to rally the troops but were knocked out on penalties by the eventual runners up in the first round. 

Finally a cup run to get excited about. Somehow, Unido played most of the competition without winning a first leg match and the club got to the semis by winning each game by just one aggregate goal. In the semis Unido lost the first leg 1-0 at home but the players made sure to book their place in the final with a comfotable 3-0 win. In the final Unido took a 1-0 lead in the first leg. The second leg finished 0-0 after Unido had two dissalowed goals and missed a pen all in the first half. Either way Scott managed to complete the domestic double!

Curico Unido

Squad | Youth Squad | Transfers | Awards

After last season Scott knew there were areas to improve. Score more and concede less. To do this he spent £2million on new players. Hernandez signed after a good loan spell last year. Scott signed Dominguez (CB) for £700K who looks as though he will be Chile's best CB for many years to come and Nasta (ST) was brought in for free. Fortunately this argentine striker was better than the clubs last, he ran away with club top scorer, netting 17 in all competitions. This years marquee free signing was Alexis Sanchez, he joined the club in June for 6 months on just £2.9k p/w. Unofrtunately he was just as poor for Curico Unido as he was for Manchester United and will be leaving for Belgium in January. A unido player won every end of year award and Scott picked up his first manager of the year award. 

Next Season

Manager Profile

Scott came very close to resiging in May after many frustrating matches however in the end he decided to stick it out for the remainder of the campaign and luckily he did as he picked up his first two trophies. However, after winning the league and the cup Scott has decided to leave Unido on a high and will not be extending his contract. Quite simply clubs in Chile are not good enough nor rich enough to compete continentally, with no team making it past the third round of either competition now would be a good time to move on. So Scott will spend the next few months contacting clubs in Argentina and Brazil hoping to make his mark over there. 

Personnel Career

Clubs Managed: 2
Trophies Won: 2
Manager of the Year: 1
2022 (Winner), 2020 (Runner up)

Career Earnings: £177K
---------------------------------------------------

Club Career

Season	NAT	Club		Division	Pos	Cup 1	Cup 2	Cont	CWC	Things to Note
2019		Unemployed					
2020	CHI	Nublense	Primera Div B	6th	R2	-	-	-	Playoff Winners, U19s Runners up in Div 1
2021	CHI	Curico Unido	Primera Div	7th	R2	-	R1	-
2022	CHI	Curico Unido	Primera Div	1st	Won	-	R1	-	Domestic Double
----------------------------------------------------

Challenge Progress
1/10 Leagues 	(Chile 2022)
1/10 Cups	(Chile 2022)
0/5 Continental
0/1 Worlds

Total 
2/33

1 hour ago, Super_Gord said:

Okay, take two! Thanks for the heads up XuluBak!

Took a little longer than last time but finally after several failed interviews English National League North side Alfreton handed me a job.

Manager Profile   Alfreton Town

Sure thing. Glad it was caught before you invested any real time on the save. 

Scott Williams Signs For New Club

Manager Movement: Unemployed --> Club Atletico Union (Santa Fe)

Union.png.366ff6a85c30879a494b79764c85e334.png

Some may see this as taking a step down, going from Copa Libertadores football to a relagation battle in Argentina. But in the grand scheme of things, this move will hopefully prove to have a positive impact on achiving Libertadores success. The Chilean first divison has dropped down two places to the 5th most reputable league in South America and clearly Scott feels he has more chance landing a move to one of the big Argentine clubs by making a name for himself in the Superliga than if he had stayed put in Chile.

He's taken a big pay increase now earning £3.3K p/w. Three times his previous salary, singing a deal to keep him there for the next two years.

He takes over with the side sat in 20th place (out of 21), 2 points off safety. With 15 games of the second pahse left to go Scott will be hoping he can propel Union out of the relegation zone. The finances aren't great as Union are overspending on the wage budget (£64K p/w) and are £2million in debt. Come the off season Scott will be looking for a major overhaul of the squad.

Arbroath_FC_logo.png.147d3525a364cd9a94fccf50fdd3fb90.png

Season 4 - 2022/23

Arbroath FC / Senegal

League    Tunnock Wafer Cup

It was a matter of 3rd time lucky with Arbroath and we did it in still. Winning the league with 7 games left. So after turning professional and having enough funds to get the UK scouting package and took full advantage of being allowed to bring in 6 foreign loans in.  Also changed my formation to 4-2-3-1 with the front 4 all being loaned in. Abroath for the first time ever will compete in the premiership with the big boys. 

Competed well in the cups winning the Tunnock Wafer Cup (inaugural cup win) in style however that doesn't qualify for this challenge. We made the semi final of the Betford Cup again but lost to premiership side Dundee in a penalty shoot out. Given we missed 3 penalties in normal time, I didn't have much faith of making the final. 

With Senegal we qualified for the African Nations quite easily which is being held in June so will provide an update soon. 

For next season, would love to get a chance with one of the big teams in Scotland ala Celtic or Ranger but if not will give it a shot with Abroath.

1 hour ago, vikeologist said:

If that's correct, it almost makes me think we should start a new thread, as the challenge has changed.

What do people think?

26 minutes ago, Watson156 said:

I think that it would be a good idea personally. Also an idea, why not add the Olympics as a World Competition to win?

Cant say i disagree with either of these. Would keep the challenge at 33 comps aswel. 

Fine with me either way. I'm new here. 

Personally, I'd rather not add the Olympics, honestly don't think I've even noticed them in game before. That said, I appreciate the desire to replace The Confederations Cup, and don't know an international competition alternative that would make sense. 

Edited by XuluBak

The Olympics would be fun, but there's a problem with the idea.

It's not really a senior competition. There's a logic to the challenge, and if you add the Olympics, you may as well add the African competition for domestic based players. 

The you could add loads of others.

Losing the Confederations Cup does make the challenge a lot easier. It's the one competition where you could come a cropper. Fail to win it and spend ages trying to win competitions you've already won just to get another chance at it. 

It's strange that nobody has ever had this disaster, but I dare say it has happened, and we just haven't heard about it. It really was the Ultimate Pitfall, and though I'm sad nobody has ever had this disaster, I'm a little sad as well. Part of this challenge has to be drawing comfort from the pain of others in a 'there by the grace of God' type of way.

I know people love new threads, but there are still people doing the challenge on previous versions, and I feel it would spilt the thread in half. If we have a new thread, it has to be for everybody.

I am however tempted to split the hall of fame in 2 parts (before and after) because achieving it is no longer equivalent.

However, if the majority of people expressing an opinion want a new thread,and it seems that every challenge other than ours has a new thread demanded or created every year, then that's no problem.

I guess nobody's ever going to take the time to read through 85 pages of this thread, and anyway, they'd be better off reading the original thread for the challenge; I feel unsurpassed as the greatest thread in forum history, though obviously I'm biased.

https://community.sigames.com/topic/330779-the-ultimate-football-manager/

I don't see a real need for a new thread. This challenge is so involved, and time consuming, there are always going to be overlapping challenges going across versions. 

Confederations cup is no longer an option. Okay? Make note, move on. We could replace it to maintain the difficulty. I don't know of anything that equates, but it doesn't have to be "the same." The game evolves (IRL and in FM), so the challenge has to as well. 

2020-2021 Mid-Year Update

Halfway through our first season back in the Premiership, and things are going better than anyone could have hoped or dreamed.  We currently sit 3rd in the table, 3 points behind Orlando Pirates and 4 behind Mamelodi Sundowns, behind a great defense and front three (Poacher, TM, #10) that have meshed incredibly well and been in great form. And we just lifted the Telkom Knockout Trophy!

1750316992_TelkomKnockout.thumb.jpg.3ac9c66c7c94872ea0058dcc6943c0ad.jpg

We started a predictable 1-1-1, after a fairly miserable preseason, and it looked like we were in for a long campaign just to stay up, nevermind worrying about cup competitions. Before the first international break we saw a glimmer that maybe, just maybe, this season could be more, when we escaped FNB Stadium with a 1-0 victory over the Kaizer Chiefs. Due to schedule reshuffling, we didn't play again for nearly three weeks. After going behind 0-2, at home, to a mid table squad, it looked like our season was returning to "normal." Then, seemingly out of nowhere, Samuel Julies, struck with a 3-minute brace from the bench. We never found the winner, but that three minutes seemed to change everything (for Julies and the team). We went on to win six straight, including another (much more convincing) 1-0 against Chiefs in the first round of the Telkom Knockout (yes, their manager has been fired), and this beauty in the quarterfinals...

?imw=1024&imh=517&ima=fit&impolicy=Lette

We've had our share of injuries, but fortunately, the majority have been to our wingbacks, the only position where we have any real depth. We went into that game with our last two healthy options starting (and they've since become my first choice by default). Williams got hurt early and toughed it out through regulation, but I had to pull him entering extra time. Somehow, we held onto the shutout. They had so many opportunities, but kept squandering them. I never really thought we had a chance to win, until they missed their 5th penalty, then we missed too, and I was sure that was it. One of many demonstrations of the luck we've had on our side. We finished our cup run, comfortably, against mid-table clubs. Due to match congestion surrounding the final (3 matches in 6 days, with the final last), I decided to rest (almost) everyone in the second match against the last placed team.  It almost worked perfectly. Almost. Can't help thinking that might be the luck pendulum starting to swing back the other way...

Edited by XuluBak

You realise that if you had all wanted a new thread, I would have retitled this entire challenge thread The Penultimate Football Manager Challenge.

Anyway, I've edited the posts at the start.

I presume that Steve Cobble and Skogmus (and anyone else still on previous versions) will complete the challenge off 33 landmarks, but everybody else is on 32.

Incidentally, I said that nobody had ever come a cropper on the Confederations Cup, but I checked and when I completed the challenge, I lost my first 2 Confederations Cups finals, eventually winning it with Mexico.

So about that swing of luck...

Lost 3 CM/DMs for 1+ months during the break (among some other less significant injuries)...

Julies went down early in the first half of the first game back, also out for about a month...

We were completely and utterly dominated by Cape Town City (team Julies got his 3-minute brace against). 93rd minute, loose ball off a corner, only shot on target of the game (by a reserve I couldn't loan out and was only on the field cause Julies got hurt). 1-1.

Edited by XuluBak

13 hours ago, vikeologist said:

The Olympics would be fun, but there's a problem with the idea.

It's not really a senior competition. There's a logic to the challenge, and if you add the Olympics, you may as well add the African competition for domestic based players. 

The you could add loads of others.

Losing the Confederations Cup does make the challenge a lot easier. It's the one competition where you could come a cropper. Fail to win it and spend ages trying to win competitions you've already won just to get another chance at it. 

It's strange that nobody has ever had this disaster, but I dare say it has happened, and we just haven't heard about it. It really was the Ultimate Pitfall, and though I'm sad nobody has ever had this disaster, I'm a little sad as well. Part of this challenge has to be drawing comfort from the pain of others in a 'there by the grace of God' type of way.

I know people love new threads, but there are still people doing the challenge on previous versions, and I feel it would spilt the thread in half. If we have a new thread, it has to be for everybody.

I am however tempted to split the hall of fame in 2 parts (before and after) because achieving it is no longer equivalent.

However, if the majority of people expressing an opinion want a new thread,and it seems that every challenge other than ours has a new thread demanded or created every year, then that's no problem.

I guess nobody's ever going to take the time to read through 85 pages of this thread, and anyway, they'd be better off reading the original thread for the challenge; I feel unsurpassed as the greatest thread in forum history, though obviously I'm biased.

https://community.sigames.com/topic/330779-the-ultimate-football-manager/

I can't say that I disagree with any of these points, my only sort of counter point would be, that the Olympics is a multi continental tournament, whereas the domestic African tournament is only for African teams!  I can't of the top of my head think of any other multi continental tournaments that could potentially be added to the list instead of the Confederations Cup.

17 hours ago, XuluBak said:

I don't see a real need for a new thread. This challenge is so involved, and time consuming, there are always going to be overlapping challenges going across versions. 

Confederations cup is no longer an option. Okay? Make note, move on. We could replace it to maintain the difficulty. I don't know of anything that equates, but it doesn't have to be "the same." The game evolves (IRL and in FM), so the challenge has to as well. 

im more on this side fence but im a newcomer so will tow the line with the majority

Mini update - im on the board with my first achievement of this challenge and who would have thought it would be an international trophy!

After finishing the 2019 African Nations Cup, Senagal made light work of its competition all the way through to the final where they were up against Algeria - Schedule/Final winning the tournament for the first time ever.

Leagues           0 / 10

Cups                0 / 10

Continental     0 / 6

International   1 / 7 - African Nations (Senegal) 

It's getting so close now I can almost reach out and touch it.... As an aside, never mind the Confederations Cup, it's the bloody AFCON that's been doing my head in on this.

I've only got the Copa America and the AFCON left to get, so I'm looking now for a club team that can be a real project, though I got turned down for the Brazil job which was highly frustrating. After being unemployed for a season and being turned(my reputation has taken a hit and is down to 75%, despite being 2nd on the all time HOF only to Tuchel....), I took up the England job after the Euros, and decided to run with them until the World Cup, and then hope a Brazil or high AFCON potential team became available. I was fortunate in that the Deportivo Toluca job came up after the Mexican Opening Stage, and I got the job of the reigning CONCACAF Champions League holders, and easily retained that title in the second half of the season, ticking that off the list. Then after a season unemployed at club level, I took England to the World Cup deciding that Keegan had the best idea, and I'd use my world class strike force to compensate for my awful defence.... A victorious run to the final saw me knock out Brazil in the second round and after beating Denmark in the final, I finally claimed the Brazil job as my own! Bring on the Copa America in 2048...

2 left to go...

Challenge Progress

Club

10/10 top domestic leagues - Singapore S-League 19/20 (Home Utd), K-League 2023,2024,2025 (Jeju), Portugal Liga NOS 26/27, 27/28 (Sporting Lisbon), Bundesliga 2029/30 (Bayern Munich), La Liga 2030/31 (Real Madrid), Argentinian Primera Division 2031/32 (River Plate), ABSA Premiership 2033/34 (Kaizer Chiefs), English Premier League 2036/37, 2038/39, 2039/40 (Wolves), Ligue 1 2041/42 (AS Monaco), Serie A 2042/43 (Juventus)

10/10 domestic cups - RHB Singapore Cup 18/19 (Home Utd), KFA Cup 2025 (Jeju), Taca de Portugal Placard 27/28 (Sporting), DFB-Pokal 28/29 (Bayern Munich), Copa Del Rey 2030/31 (Real Madrid), Nedbank Cup (SA) 2033/34 (Kaizer Chiefs), Toto KNVB Beker 2034/35 (Ajax), English FA Cup 2038/39 (Wolves), Coupe de France 2040/41 (AS Monaco), TIM Cup 2042/43 (Juventus)

5/5 club continental championships - AFC Champions League 2025 (Jeju), European Champions League 2028/29 (Bayern Munich) 2039/40 (Wolves) 2040/41, 2041/42 (AS Monaco), Copa Libertadores 2031/32 (River Plate), Orange CAF Champions League 2033/34 (Kaizer Chiefs), CONCACAF Champions League 2044/45 (Deportivo Toluca)

1/1 club world championship – 2029/2030 (Bayern Munich), 2031/32 (River Plate), 2041/42 (AS Monaco)

International 

3/5 continental tournaments – Euro 2028 (France), AFC Asian Cup 2034/35 (South Korea), CONCACAF Gold Cup 2039 (USA)

2/2 world tournaments – Confederations Cup 2029 (France), World Cup 2030 (France), 2046 (England)

Other titles

New Paper League Cup 18/19, 19/20 (Home United)

AFC Cup 19/20 (Home United)

Hyundai A-League (Regular Season) 2020/21 (Melbourne Victory)

U23 Asian Games w/ South Korea 2022

U23 Pacific Games w/ New Zealand 2023

Taca de Liga Portugal 2027/28 (Sporting)

Supertaca Candido de Oliveira 27/28 (Sporting)

DFL Supercup 28/29 (Bayern Munich)

Supercopa de Espana 30/31 (Real Madrid)

Supercopa Argentina 2031/32 (River Plate)

Recopa Santander Sudamericana 2031/32 (River Plate)

Telkom Knockout 2033/34 (Kaizer Chiefs)

Orange CAF Super Cup 2033/34 (Kaizer Chiefs)

Be The Coach Challenge Cup 2033/34 (Kaizer Chiefs)

Johan Cruijff Schaal 2034/35 (Ajax)

English Charity Shield 2039/40 (Wolves)

English Carabao Cup 2039/40 (Wolves)

Trophee des Champions 2041/42 (AS Monaco)

UEFA Super Cup 2041/42 (AS Monaco)

Supercopa TIM 2042/43 (Juventus)

Screenshot 2019-11-23 at 11.36.33.png

Screenshot 2019-11-23 at 11.36.45.png

1 minute ago, bjwphneb said:

How about adding in the nations league? I know you don't have to qualify for it like the confederations cup but you still have to win your group and then the two knockout matches as well. 

What do people think? It is a senior tournament.

There doesn't need to be 33 landmarks, though.