The Ultimate Football Manager Challenge - Silver Age Archive

puma.jpg.b72ef50170365eef43ca4c1633404c9e.jpg

Crispypaul
Pumas
LigaMX
2022/23

League - Apertura TableApertura FixClasura TableClasura Fixtures - so I joined Pumas when they were still in the Apertura playoffs.....and 3 games later we had won!  So that was the league in Mexico out of the way already.  I stayed around for the Clasura which we also won.

CONCACAF Champions League - Fixtures - this is a pretty straightforward format after the group stages were scrapped a few years ago.  First up was Plaza Amador of Panama whom we beat easily.  Next up Canadian MLS side Toronto FC....yes we did win 12-2 on aggregate!  Then fellow Mexican sides.  First Atlas whom we beat after a comfortable first leg.  Then fellow Mexico City side America, whom we narrowly got past to win the CONCACAF Champions League and give us a treble!

Finances - absolutely fine

Transfers - only the last three signings were mine, mainly for squad depth

Squad

Key players - 

Valentina Serrano - flying left winger, turned down big bids from Benfica in January 2023 which worked out well

Rodrigo Gomez - Argentine right winger, similar to Serrano's role on the other flank

Diego Lopez - also garnering a lot of interest, had some injury issue so didn't play that much compared to...

Alvaron Villanueva - top scorer, very prolific this season and getting plenty of overseas interest

Ruslan Malinovskyi - Ukranian central midfielder, a prior free signing now a key part of midfield

Roberto Villamarin - Peruvian right back solid also along with Gomez down that side

Future - I have my last licence and as the Club World Cup isn't being played this year there is no point staying so I have resigned after six months.

Domestic
Season	 Team			Division		Position			Notes						
2019     Home United             S-League	          1st          		   Cup, League Cup, AFC Cup winners, National B licence
2020	Deportes Santa Cruz	Chilean Primera B 	  1st				Promoted
2021	Deportes Santa Cruz	Chilean Primera  	  3rd				Cup Winners, Qualified for Copa Libertadores, Continental B
2022	Deportes Santa Cruz     Chilean Primera             1st				Cup Winners, Copa Libertadores Knockout, Continental A
2022/23  Pumas		          Mexican Premier Division     1st		Apertura and Clasura Winners, CONCACFA CL winners, Continental Pro

International
Year	   Team					Achievements

Challenge Progress

Club
 3/10 top domestic leagues (Singapore, Home United, 2019; Chile, Deportes Santa Cruz, 2022; Mexico, Pumas, 2022/23)	
 2/10 domestic cups (Singapore, Home United, 2019; Chile, Deportes Santa Cruz, 2021)
 1/5 club continental championships (CONCACAF, Pumas, 2022/23)
 0/1 club world championship

International
 0/5 continental tournaments 
 0/2 world tournaments 
Edited by Crispypaul
typos

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, vikeologist said:

@Crispypaul Are you going to do the international side of things / get an international job at some point?

Yes but I've been silly and not paying enough attention to when international jobs have been open (better change my news items...)

I did apply for the Mexico job after Qatar but was turned down flat.

I do have a 70% rep now so should pick something up.

It took me a couple of months before getting a decent job after strangely being turned away by even West Sydney Wanderers, however eventually I got a job in another league I have not managed before

200px-Maritzburg_United_logo_svg.png.8701aa86123b419e97c6d17471a444ad.png

So I am off to South Africa (where, IRL, my wife is from) to manage Maritzburg United in the ABSA Premiership

The 2022/23 season has just finished and the club had a respectable 4th position which means we have qualified for the Confederations Cup in my first season - not part of the challenge but good to start with continental football

Squad - not bad, I need some depth though particularly at centre back.  Best players appear to be:

Siyanda Xulu - our only decent centre half

Grant Kekena - solid right back

Deolin Mekoa - flying left winger

Finances - nothing bad here

Facilities - a bit meh

Bilderesultat for arsenal fc        Bilderesultat for france

Arsenal & France, 2024-2025

Arsenal

After winning the league last year, the focus was 100% on the Champions League this year. We rested players in league games before every game in Europe, surely giving us an advantage over our competition. It paid off and we won the Champions League in our first try, beating Man Utd 4-2 in extra time. A well deserved win in the final, but the road there wasnt easy. We could have easily been knocked out by PSG in the first knock out round or against Bayern Munich in the quarter finals. Especially against PSG we were lucky! But it doesnt matter, we won the CL, a big step forward in the challenge.

We managed to get back-to-back Premier League titles. It looked easy after 30 games, I think we were 11 points ahead. But a terrible run of form at the last stage of the season had us going all the way to the 38th round before we could seal it.

We also won the League Cup with a 2-0 win over Man City, adding a Domestic Cup from England to our challenge. 

I would have liked to move on, but I had to sign a new contract in the summer. We have to play in the FIFA Club World Cup in December. After that I will probably resign straight away. 

France

After winning the EURO's last year we were qualified for the Confederations Cup. Going in as favorites we kept our cool and sealed what in reality was a confortable title. 4-0 against Canada, 4-0 against Argentina and 6-0 over Iran made us comfortable group winners. In the semifinal and final we beat Portugal 2-0 and USA 3-1 in the final. Paul Pogba was the player of the tournament by far, absolutely dominating against Portugal. He will be our main man together with Mbappe in the World Cup next year. 

9.thumb.jpg.71b7a5316ca58119d4aae9da75dc3d54.jpg 10.thumb.jpg.18269181dbfcd39f4bf8fd0fc604e1e7.jpg 11.thumb.jpg.0b5e8c8332c1bdfb3f0d3feabac62322.jpg 12.thumb.jpg.6ed7cbd62315ffe326514ba7f1619a9a.jpg

Season  | Club              | Nation             | League | Cup                         | Continental 	  	 | Notes
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018    | Asker             | Norway             | 1st    | 3rd Round                   | None      	 	 
2019    | Asker             | Norway             | 2nd    | 3rd Round                   | None      	 	 
2021    | Haugesund         | Norway             | 1st    | Winners                     | Group Stage EL
2022    | Angers SCO        | France             | 4th    | None                        | None
2023    | Angers SCO        | France             | 1st    | Winners Coupe de la Ligue   | Qtr CL
2024    | Arsenal           | England            | 1st    | FA Cup runner-up            | Won Europa League              
2025    | Arsenal           | England            | 1st    | League Cup winners          | Won CL

INTERNATIONAL
Season  | Nation            | Titles           
------------------------------------------------
2024    | France            | 1st Euro 2024
2025    | France            | 1st Confederations Cup 

CHALLENGE PROGRESS

Club

3/10  Top Domestic Leagues
3/10  Top Domestic Cups
1/5   Continentals Cups
0/1   Club World Cup

International

1/5   Continental Tournaments
1/2   World Tournaments

TROPHY LIST (only trophies that count towards the challenge, trophies won twice are not listed)

Norwegian Premier Division (Norway)
Norwegian Cup (Norway)
Ligue 1 (France)
Coupe de la Ligue (France)
Premier League (England)
Euro 2024 (France)
League Cup (England)
UEFA Champions League
Confederations Cup

Edited by thomas_e

40023d1b98eaead41b7.png

O'Higgins

Manager Profile 2021

525079225174d7a74d3c162.png

League Table; Fixtures 1 ~ Fixtures 2 ~ Cups: I had a very inconsistent start to my career at O'higgins, which was a surprise as I felt I had a very good transfer window and was optimistic of challenging for the league. We were hovering around mid table for the majority of the season, it wasn't until the summer break and transfer window where we found some good form, a couple of additions and another change of tactic seemed to work wonders for that end of season run. I think that qualifies us for the Copa Libertadores, although I'm not 100% sure if we have or not I'll have to wait for next season for confirmation.

Squad: I felt overall we had a decent squad, I'll be moving on the 4 Argentinian players though who I signed last season only one of them performed decently I felt and that was Mansilla. Sandona looks like he is one of the best defenders in the league but must of made 15 mistakes this season, so can't wait to get rid of him. I'm hoping if I've qualified for the Copa Libertadores I'll be able to attract better players anyway. I don't feel I need a massive overhaul in general here though, I think replacing them 4 players should be enough for me to compete for the league. On a positive note Vagner kept a league and club record 14 clean sheets last season, so I'm eager to keep him around and another shoutout should go to Matias Fernandez who had a good solid season from right back last season. 

On a personal note I've signed a 2 year contract extension to 2023, I'm hoping to get a South America international job over the next couple of years as well to hopefully help push my reputation higher. I've been away a bit recently but hoping to push on 4/5 seasons over the Christmas and New Year, I've seen the thread has been fairly quiet recently but the members who are still posting are having good careers keep it up :)

Challenge Progress

(Click to View)

405719079_CareerProgress.thumb.png.02daff0c358368d016d717a8d9f5f9d6.png

Edited by Crowy

Hmm...turns out I got the league placing wrong and we're not in the Confederations Cup as 4th only applies if the cup winner finishes in the top 3 and they didn't...oh well at least the season will go a bit quicker

In the meantime I have finally pulled my finger out and got a national team job - with Cameroon - first up are the 2026 World Cup qualifiers and we also have the 2025 Cup of Nations to qualify for too.

40023d1b98eaead41b7.png

O'Higgins

Manager Profile: Crowy - 2022

Key Players: Franco Panta ~ Guido Mainero ~ Jason Flores ~ Matias Fernandez

525079225174d7a74d3c162.png

League Table; Fixtures 1 ~ Fixtures 2 ~ Copa Chile: So we managed to get off to a good start in the league, which was surprising as we played our second string team for the majority of the season to concentrate on the Copa Libertadores/Sudamericana. We had a bit of a blip towards the end of the season eventually won it comfortably, Bryan Carvalho and Manuel Gonzalez were probably two of my better players of the league campaign but as you can see neither of them had exceptional seasons, also at the other end Brayan Cortes managed 9 clean sheets in 14 league appearances to help us with the good start to the season.

Copa Libertadores/Sudamericana:  I felt we had a decent run in both competitions here, the only thing that let us down in the Copa Libertadores were those two draws before getting smashed by Palmeiras, which had us finish third in our group and we went in to the Copa Sudamericana. I wasn't expecting much in this competition as a lot of the teams were much better than us in terms of stature, I'd also started to focus on the league a little more as it was getting a bit tighter by this stage, I was pleased with both competitions overall. I think overall if I want to win the Copa Libertadoes I will have to leave Chile, I did get a job interview offer from Colo Colo towards the end of the season but I rejected as I don't even think they will be big enough to challenge.

Squad: I was fairly happy with my squad over all from last season I just wanted to replace my foreign players with better ones if I could find them, I ended up making more Transfers than planned as I needed depth to cover all competitions this season as well. Franco Panta has to of been one of my most favourite FM signings for years and I'll be sure to keep an eye on him if I move on. In terms for next season if I even want to get close to the Copa Libertadores it needs a major overhaul and the problem is there is not enough quality in Chile to replace what I have. I have one more year on my contract but I feel I've achieved all I can here maybe apart from winning the top domestic cup but I can pick them up in many other countries.

Challenge Progress

(Click to View)

1159602365_ClubCareer.thumb.png.28940019423302edf833eeaf143117d6.png

427841083b5a17837ca.png

Atletico Nacional

Club OverviewFinances ~ Squad Overview

I resigned from O'Higgins with this club in mind, I weren't expecting them to be so financially stable, however if you look at the squad overview it does need a lot of work. I've got a two year deal till 2024 and I'm looking forward to building this club. This league looks like it has A LOT of games from what I can see they played 40 games last season in the league alone, I think they finished 7th overall last season, and it looks like there are many phases, so looking forward to find it out as I go along.

Edited by Crowy

49.png                             255px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png

Season 2038/39

Paris St Germain and Italy

Well, I'll never have a season that straightforward (domestically at least) again!

We won the league at an absolute canter, eventually finishing 20 points clear of surprise package Bastia. We scored 105 goals, and hit 4 or more in 12 games in the league. We hit Toulouse for 6 twice, and really cut the mustard in smashing 7 past Dijon. In short, we were completely unstoppable for most of the season in France. Not satisfied with taking the league title, we also added both domestic cups as well. Bastia were the only team who almost put paid to our domestic dominance, taking us to penalties in the League Cup quarter final after a thrilling 3-3 draw.

My real quest this season was the Champions League. As long time readers may remember, I don't have a particularly good record in this competition. In my first completion, I won it almost by accident, and this time round I've not got remotely close. Things didn't start well with a tough group draw of Dortmund, Juventus and Rangers. One point from our opening two fixtures left us with an uphill battle, which wasn't helped by only taking 4 points from our double header with Rangers. A 3-0 defeat of Juventus, coupled with Rangers taking an unlikely point against Dortmund, meant we travelled to Germany knowing we had somehow qualified but had no chance of topping the group. Our first leg victory against Man Utd was our best performance of the season I think, winning 6-2 with hat tricks from both Pio Barone and Jon Gonzalez. The 3-1 defeat in the return leg wasn't great, but we went through to face Real Madrid. A tough 2-2 draw at home was followed up by a brilliant 3-1 win in the Bernabeu, and the chance to face Porto for a place in the final. A tense 1-1 draw set up an interesting second leg. We went 2-0 up, but two goals in the last five minutes meant stoppage time was extremely nervy. We saw it out and went on to face another Portugese side in the final in the shape of Benfica. A first minute goal by Jelle Bok was bookended by substitute Ricardo Merida's 92nd minute finish to seal the trophy and our fourth major win of the season. More importantly, I can finally cross the Champions League off my challenge list!

There were so many fantastic performances throughout the season, but the whole of the back five were brilliant. In particular, Matias Hernandez kept 29 clean sheets, which is a great record. Igor Senin at right back averaged 7.47 across the season, but he wasn't the top defensive performer, as Alisson averaged a magnificent 7.61 from 28 starts. Utterly phenomenal, and he was my go to centre back for our big games. Where possible he was given a rest, because he was so integral to our defensive performance. However, it is the firepower available in this squad that separates it from the rest. Pio Barone (24 goals and 17 assists), Jon Gonzalez (23 and 25), Ricardo Merida (34 and 4) and Jelle Bok (32 and 19) were brilliant. Barone from the AML and Gonzalez from AMR were a constant threat to every side we faced.

And then there was one left to conquer. I'm now on the lookout for a job in Spain. As I've got a while to go on the international front, I'm happy to bide my time for the right job to come up. I'm targeting a decent role after Euro 2040 currently.

Club
Season        Team             Position      Notes and Achievements
2016/17      Dungannon     9th            Irish Cup winners, Mid-Ulster Cup winners

2018            Sligo Rovers    1st             League winners!

2019            Tianjin              1st             League winners!

2020            Tianjin              8th            FA Cup winners! Champions League winners!

2021            Montreal         4th            League (MLS Cup) winners!

2022            Montreal         1st             Won MLS Supporters' Shield, currently in last 8 of NACL

2023            Montreal          N/A          NACL winners!

2023            Palmeiras        9th           Brazilian Cup winners!

2024/25      Ajax                  1st            League winners!

2025/26     Unemployed

2026/27     Orlando Pirates  8th      Took over with 10 games to go.

2027/28     Orlando Pirates  4th      SA Knockout Cup winners!

2028/29     Orlando Pirates   2nd    SA FA Cup winners!

2029/30     Orlando Pirates   1st     League Winners! SA FA Cup winners!

2030          Orlando Pirates    1st     Champions League winners!

2031          Unemployed

2031/32    Stoke                      17th   Left after two months five points clear of the drop zone

2031/32    West Ham              9th     FA Cup winners!

2032/33    West Ham              5th     Europa League winners!

2033/34    West Ham              1st     League winners!

2034/35    Juventus                 1st     League winners! FA Cup winners!

2035/36   Leverkusen             1st     League winners! FA Cup winners!

2036/37   Shakhtar Donestsk  1st   League winners! FA Cup winners!

2037/38   Unemployed

2038/39   Paris St Germain    1st     League winners! FA Cup winners! League Cup winners! Champions League winners!

Country

2021           Ivory Coast         Qualified for the World Cup

2022           Ivory Coast         World Cup quarter finalists. Quarter finalists in CHAN. Qualified for African Cup of Nations

2023          Ivory Coast         African Cup of Nations winners!

2024          Unemployed

2025          USA                     Qualified for World Cup

2026          USA                     Lost in World Cup Semi Final (finished 3rd). Upto 5th in the world

2027          USA                     North American Gold Cup winners!              

2028          USA                     World Cup qualification is going well

2029          USA                     Lost in Confederations Cup Semi Final (finished 4th)

2030         Unemployed

2031         South Korea       East Asia Cup winners!

2032         South Korea       Qualification for the World Cup is going well

2033         South Korea       Qualification for the World Cup is going well

2034         South Korea       Knocked out of the group stage of the World Cup

2035         South Korea      Asian Cup of Nations winners!

2036         Unemployed

2037         Italy                    Failed to get out of UEFA Nations League group. About to start qualification for World Cup.

2038         Italy                    World Cup winners!

2039         Italy                   Finished top of UEFA Nations League group. European Championship qualifiers have started well.

Challenge Progress

Club

9*/10 top domestic leagues - Republic of Ireland (Sligo), China (Tianjin), USA (Montreal), Netherlands (Ajax), South Africa (Orlando Pirates), England (West Ham), Italy (Juventus), Germany (Leverkusen), Ukraine ((Shakhtar Donetsk) - doesn't count towards the challenge), France (PSG)

9/10 domestic cups - Northern Ireland (Dungannon), China (Tianjin), Brazil (Palmeiras), South Africa (Orlando Pirates), England (West Ham), Italy (Juventus), Germany (Leverkusen), Ukraine (Shakhtar Donetsk), France (PSG)

5/5 club continental championships - Asian Champions League (Tianjin), NACL (Montreal Impact), African Champions League (Orlando Pirates), Europa League (West Ham), Uefa Champions League (PSG)

0/1 club world championship -

International

3/5 continental tournaments - African Cup of Nations (Ivory Coast 2023), North American Gold Cup (USA 2027), Asian Cup of Nations (South Korea 2035)

1/2 world tournaments - World Cup (Italy 2038)

Club crest

Pahang 2019

After getting bored of the A-Z challenge at letter G, I felt it was time for a long term challenge with some meaning, which landed me on this thread! Looking through some of your stories, I felt like I had to get involved ASAP. Using tips throughout the thread with regards to leagues to start with, not jumping to the first team that comes along etc, so I joined Pahang F.C of Malaysia. 

I've never managed a team like this on FM and was somewhat sceptical, but looking at the challenge ahead, I was sold! 

Joining after they had completed the regular season and finished a disappointing 8th, I took the reigns in time for the Malaysia Cup. I said to myself that this would be the "learning about my players stage". It didn't take long for me to release 12 players that just didn't fit into the way I like to play. A straight 4-4-2 with wingers coming inside on their opposite foot and a solid back 4 that pretty much stuck to their positions. I always go this way when it comes to a new team, just so I can suss out what I can improve and who can adapt if need be. 

The Malaysia Cup didn't really throw up any surprises as I got knocked out in the QF after winning 1-0 at Home, but went Away and lost 4-2. 

I was made 3rd fav for the Super League at the start of the season after getting rid of so much dead wood (I don't like having players over the age of 32). I used some reasonable finances in place to bring in a whole new midfield. The delved into the free transfer market for my back line. 

The season started of relatively well with my boys winning 3 out of the first 4 games. Then it came to the FA cup. I expected my team to at least get to the final, but through no fault but my own, we got knocked out in the QF on away goals. I should have read the rules, I Know :( . A 1-1 draw away from home then followed up with a 3-3 draw at Home. I had got a point in the game where I thought I should hold out for ET or Pens due to a red card. Boom. I was out. 

My league form stuttered a bit after the cup run, with Pahang only getting 5 wins from 10 games, including 3 losses. Johor DT & Perak had built a solid gap. 

I had to do something in the mid-season transfer window, so I brought In 6 new players and sold 5. Most of which weren't my choice! "I want to be challenging for the title and I can't realistically do that here" were the cries of those players. Well....Off they went. Good riddance! 

After holding the two at the top to draws at home, I knew it was up to them to chuck it away. And did they ever do that! We went on to win the final 6 games of the season, whereas Perak only won 1 of their final 6 and Johor only won 3. The title was ours! 

The Malaysian Cup is ours too! Used the league form and beat Johor DT 2-1 in the final. I'm not sure what the next plan is but I can imagine the Asian Champions League is going to be near impossible to win with a Malaysian team. 

The annoying thing now, is that Austin Amatu wouldn't sign a new contract and has elected to leave. Time to find a replacement who can score the goals he did!

image.thumb.png.669ae98be708cb3c2ca704aab6b1d5cf.png

image.thumb.png.da14c0bb7f8537629fed04f7e4c36560.png

image.thumb.png.b8d880b252f4a0033b1476ce97348dd6.png

image.thumb.png.686153239fdbdcaa8b934e0aa93624d2.png

Edited by Gregg88FM
Update!

I've just bought FM19 and I am going to give this a go right away. Will keep you updated once I've made some progress!

Update: I'm going to attempt this on 2018 as FM19 is not running to well on my laptop.

Edited by PukkiParty

200px-Maritzburg_United_logo_svg.png.13e20551872a9b31b469181f608e6058.png

Crispypaul
Maritzburg United
ABSA Premiership
2023/24

League - Table | Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2 - started off incredibly well and didn't concede a goal until the 6th game!  I thought we could even make it unbeaten however in the very last game where I rotated Orlando Pirates beat us 2-0.  A fantastic first season as champions and we of course have the Champions League next season.

MTN 8 - Fixtures - doesn't count towards the challenge so I didn't really care, however we did well and scraped pass Kaizer Chiefs in the final to lift my first South African trophy

Telkom Knockout - Fixtures - another cup competition, this one for just ABSA Premiership sides, which we again narrowly won with an extra time win over Kaizer Chiefs.

Nedbank Cup - Fixtures - the final, nationwide cup competition which despite never playing at home we lifted with a thumping 6-0 win over AmaZulu in the final.

Finances - absolutely fine, I got a youth facilities upgrade in store too.

Transfers - a lot of activity here - we were lacking in squad depth and I loaned out a lot of reserve players also.  Matzea was a great free transfer after his strange release from Kaizer Chiefs and Zambian Mwape was a bargain signing for the thin central defence position.

Key players - 

Lunga Duma - we didn't have great strikers so this £66k signing from Ubuntu Cape Town joined and became our top scorer.

Thembinkosi Lorch - right winger signed on loan from Orlando Pirates for a fraction of his wage cost chipped in with plenty of assists

Joseph Mwape - a bargain £4.7k from Zambian side Green Buffaloes for the key central defence position

Siyanda Xulu - Mwape's central defence partner was as key as expected

Luthando Mateza - I have no idea why Kaizer Chiefs released him but the attacking midfielder had a really productive season

Grant Kekana - strong season from the right back

Siphamandla Bhengu - homegrown central midfielder in his breakthrough season

Future - I need to win the Champions League so won't be leaving until that happens.

170px-Cameroon_lions_logo.png.06aa4b5d8cb5856ef8204f7fe742fac7.png

Cameroon Update
2023/24

AFCON Qualifiers - Fixtures | Table - two games played, one surprising draw away at Namibia but should still qualify

2026 World Cup Qualifying - Fixtures -  but through to the third round

African Nations Championship - Tree - this is the tournament for African teams only using domestic based players.  The Cameroon league isn't that strong but stronger than others as we lifted the trophy for the first time.

Domestic
2019     Home United             S-League	          1st          		   Cup, League Cup, AFC Cup winners, National B licence
2021	Deportes Santa Cruz	Chilean Primera  	  3rd				Cup Winners, Qualified for Copa Libertadores, Continental B
2022	Deportes Santa Cruz     Chilean Primera             1st				Cup Winners, Copa Libertadores Knockout, Continental A
2022/23  Pumas		          Mexican Premier Division     1st		Apertura and Clasura Winners, CONCACFA CL winners, Continental Pro
2023/24  Maritzburg Utd      South African Premier Division  1st    		MTN8, Telkom, Nedbank Cup Winners

International
2023/24	   Cameroon				African Nations Championship winners, AFCON qualifying group stage

Challenge Progress

Club
 4/10 top domestic leagues (Singapore, Home United, 2019; Chile, Deportes Santa Cruz, 2022; Mexico, Pumas, 2022/23; South Africa, Maritzburg Utd, 2023/24)
 3/10 domestic cups (Singapore, Home United, 2019; Chile, Deportes Santa Cruz, 2021; South Africa, Maritzburg Utd, 2023/24)
 1/5 club continental championships (CONCACAF, Pumas, 2022/23)

International
 0/2 world tournaments 
Edited by Crispypaul
added cameroon pics

Bilderesultat for arsenal fcBilderesultat for france

Arsenal & France 2025-2026

After winning the Champions League as well as an domestic cup last year, we had two goals this season: Club World Cup with Arsenal and World Cup with France. 

Arsenal
We won the Premier League, finishing with 90 points, 7 points clear of Man Utd. Tottenham looked strong for a long time, but a really bad finish for them saw their title hopes destroyed. We also won the League Cup. 

The Champions League was a fiasco, we were knocked out by Dortmund in the first knock out stage. 

The Club World Cup, with an European team is more a formality than anything else. We beat Jiangsu 4-0 comfortably in the final. 

France
After winning the EURO's and Confederations Cup it was time for the World Cup in Mexico/USA/Canada. I had already decided to leave after the tournament, as there are basically zero young talented players within the France squad. Really surprising. I think we had 4-5 players over 30 in our starting eleven and the future is not looking good for them. But we did win the World Cup! Beating Argentina in extra time, a screamer from Pogba gave us the 3-2 win. 

I left Arsenal straight after the end of the season. I took over at Juventus who had finished in a very dissapointing 5th place. The team is looking decent, but winning Serie A wont be as straight forward as I thought before I took the job. 

I also left France and have applied for the Brazil job. Hopefully I will get it so i can have a go at the Copa America. 

11.thumb.jpg.91bdeeb8be78f7fef74c95752fa88756.jpg12.thumb.jpg.2cdb28a04a1e8e9d3701a7fd4255eeb4.jpg13.thumb.jpg.3cb574f1e904c28fb716ed9e94a54117.jpg17.thumb.jpg.a4e1aa98da0c2701102f1c48b9403087.jpg

15.thumb.jpg.5401d83a81fce55eb138ff408f9f4da5.jpg16.thumb.jpg.b81781ab16e2a85f158bf69b5796cf0e.jpg

Season  | Club              | Nation             | League | Cup                         | Continental 	  	 | Notes
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018    | Asker             | Norway             | 1st    | 3rd Round                   | None      	 	 
2019    | Asker             | Norway             | 2nd    | 3rd Round                   | None      	 	 
2021    | Haugesund         | Norway             | 1st    | Winners                     | Group Stage EL
2022    | Angers SCO        | France             | 4th    | None                        | None
2023    | Angers SCO        | France             | 1st    | Winners Coupe de la Ligue   | Qtr CL
2024    | Arsenal           | England            | 1st    | FA Cup runner-up            | Won Europa League              
2025    | Arsenal           | England            | 1st    | League Cup winners          | Won CL
2026    | Arsenal           | England            | 1st    | League Cup winners          | WOn Club World Cup

INTERNATIONAL
2026    | France            | 1st World Cup 

CHALLENGE PROGRESS

Club

3/10  Top Domestic Leagues
3/10  Top Domestic Cups
1/5   Continentals Cups
1/1   Club World Cup

International

2/2   World Tournaments

TROPHY LIST (only trophies that count towards the challenge, trophies won twice are not listed)

Norwegian Cup (Norway)
Ligue 1 (France)
Premier League (England)
Euro 2024 (France)
League Cup (England)
UEFA Champions League
Confederations Cup
World Cup
Club World Cup

Edited by thomas_e

Copa America tackled with Brazil! Also quit my PSG job and aiming to Mexico/China/Germany/Spain/Italy.

https://imgur.com/a/Dwm1L5C

Season       Team             Position         Champs League       Notes and Achievements     
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
16/17	Carlisle              7th Sky Bet League 2	           Lost in playoffs rnd 1
17/18   Carlisle              1st Sky Bet League 2                 Promotion 
18/19   Middlesbrough         2nd Championship                     Promotion
19/20   Middlesbrough         5th Premier League                   EC slot
21/22   New England Revolution MLS                                 resigned
22/23   Orlando Pirates       1st ABSA Premiership                 runner-up in CAF Confederations Cup
23/24   Orlando Pirates       1st ASBA Premiership Won CAF CL      Won MTN8Cup
24/25   Orlando Pirates       resigned in January                  Won Telkom Knockout
25/26   Real Betis            1st Liga Adelante                    Won promotion
26/27   Real Betis            13th Liga BBVA
27/28   Liverpool             6th Premier League                   EC slot
28/29   Liverpool             2nd Premier League                   Won FA CUP & EUROPA LEAGUE
29/30   Liverpool             1st Premier League   Won CL          Won Capital One Cup & Community Shield
30/31   Liverpool             Got sacked in January                Won Club World Cup, Community Shield & UEFA Super Cup
30/31   River Plate           6th Primera Div                      Appointed as a manager in April
31/32   River Plate           1st Primera Div      Won CL
32/33   Celtic                3rd Premiership                      Won Scottish Cup
33/34   PSG                   1st Ligue 1          Won CL          Won Coupe de France & Trophee des champions

International:
Season      Team             Notes and Achievements:
---------------------------------------------------------
2020        Croatia          Won European Championship
2022        Spain            Won World Cup
2024        Spain            Top4 in European Championship, got sacked
2026        Ivory Coast      Group stage 3rd in World Cup
2027        Ivory Coast      Won Africa Cup of Nations
2030        Croatia          Won World Cup
2033        Croatia          Failed in Confederations Cup -> resigned
2035        Brazil           Won Copa America

Challenge Progress 16/33

Club
 4/10 top domestic leagues (ABSA Premiership 22/23/Orlando Pirates, Premier League 29/30/Liverpool, Primera Division 31/32/River Plate, Ligue 1 33/34/PSG)
 4/10 domestic cups (Telkom Knockout 24/25/Orlando Pirates, FA CUP 28/29/Liverpool, Scottish Cup 32/33/Celtic, Coupe de France 33/34/PSG)
 3/5 club continental championships (CAF CL 23/24/Orlando Pirates, Champions League 29/30/Liverpool, Copa Libertadores 2031/River Plate)
 1/1 club world championship (2030/2031/Liverpool)

International
 3/5 continental tournaments (European Championship 2020/Croatia, Africa Cup of Nations 2027/Ivory Coast, Copa America 2035/Brazil)
 1/2 world tournaments (World Cup 2022/Spain)
Edited by yugular

4275d947daad7ff2629.png

Atletico Nacional 2023

Manager Profile: Crowy - 2023

Key Players: Esteban Carbonero ~ Gerardo Mendoza ~ Ricardo Montoya ~ Carlos Antonio

Squad: Overview ~ Match Stats

5260948ac7bb482ab6c3c58.png

Categoria Primera A

Overall League Table

First Phase League Table ~ Second Phase League Table

Results: First Phase ~ Second Phase

I've been in Colombia for a year now and I still have no idea how this league works. I'm assuming I've won the league due to the overall league table, I lost in the second phase semi final mostly due to 4 first team players getting called up to international duty plus a few injuries didn't help, although they were back for the second leg so could of perhaps done better. I don't remember much about the first phase as I done that before Christmas. When I took over this team I had no idea how big of a club it actually is, so I'm going to have another year here and have a crack at the Copa Libertadores although I feel it will be difficult to beat the Brazilian/Argentinian teams. Overall I was happy with my first season I have a very good young squad here, that also made it to the Copa Colombia - Cup Final, we had a poor run in the Copa Sudamericana but I wasn't too worried about that as my main focus this season was to qualify for the Copa Libertadores.

Challenge Progress

(Click to View)

1371835768_ClubCareer.thumb.png.17cb82a20dfa4d39881cff262331dee0.png

Edited by Crowy

After Copa America I was appointed as the manager for Chinese team Jiangsu Guoxin-Sainty. They were sitting sixth at the table with just few rounds left of the league. I managed to turn the form immediately and ended up 3rd which ensured a place in the Asian Champions League. Guangzhou Evergrande has won the Chinese Super League 15 times since 2018! Jiangsu has managed to win the title in 2027 and 2029. So this will be a challenge!

Season       Team             Position         Champs League       Notes and Achievements     
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
16/17	Carlisle              7th Sky Bet League 2	           Lost in playoffs rnd 1
17/18   Carlisle              1st Sky Bet League 2                 Promotion 
18/19   Middlesbrough         2nd Championship                     Promotion
19/20   Middlesbrough         5th Premier League                   EC slot
21/22   New England Revolution MLS                                 resigned
22/23   Orlando Pirates       1st ABSA Premiership                 runner-up in CAF Confederations Cup
23/24   Orlando Pirates       1st ASBA Premiership Won CAF CL      Won MTN8Cup
24/25   Orlando Pirates       resigned in January                  Won Telkom Knockout
25/26   Real Betis            1st Liga Adelante                    Won promotion
26/27   Real Betis            13th Liga BBVA
27/28   Liverpool             6th Premier League                   EC slot
28/29   Liverpool             2nd Premier League                   Won FA CUP & EUROPA LEAGUE
29/30   Liverpool             1st Premier League   Won CL          Won Capital One Cup & Community Shield
30/31   Liverpool             Got sacked in January                Won Club World Cup, Community Shield & UEFA Super Cup
30/31   River Plate           6th Primera Div                      Appointed as a manager in April
31/32   River Plate           1st Primera Div      Won CL
32/33   Celtic                3rd Premiership                      Won Scottish Cup
33/34   PSG                   1st Ligue 1          Won CL          Won Coupe de France & Trophee des champions
2035    Jiangsu               3rd Chinese Suoper League            CL slot for season 2036

International:
Season      Team             Notes and Achievements:
---------------------------------------------------------
2020        Croatia          Won European Championship
2022        Spain            Won World Cup
2024        Spain            Top4 in European Championship, got sacked
2026        Ivory Coast      Group stage 3rd in World Cup
2027        Ivory Coast      Won Africa Cup of Nations
2030        Croatia          Won World Cup
2033        Croatia          Failed in Confederations Cup -> resigned
2035        Brazil           Won Copa America

Challenge Progress 16/33

Club
 4/10 top domestic leagues (ABSA Premiership 22/23/Orlando Pirates, Premier League 29/30/Liverpool, Primera Division 31/32/River Plate, Ligue 1 33/34/PSG)
 4/10 domestic cups (Telkom Knockout 24/25/Orlando Pirates, FA CUP 28/29/Liverpool, Scottish Cup 32/33/Celtic, Coupe de France 33/34/PSG)
 3/5 club continental championships (CAF CL 23/24/Orlando Pirates, Champions League 29/30/Liverpool, Copa Libertadores 2031/River Plate)
 1/1 club world championship (2030/2031/Liverpool)

International
 3/5 continental tournaments (European Championship 2020/Croatia, Africa Cup of Nations 2027/Ivory Coast, Copa America 2035/Brazil)
 1/2 world tournaments (World Cup 2022/Spain)

Bilderesultat for juventus logoBilderesultat for brazil

Juventus & Brazil - Season 2026 - 2027

Juventus

After winning the Club World Cup with Arsenal it was time to move on. I took over a Juventus in a semi crisis, having finished 5th in Serie A. But that didn't make it any less easier to take the job, because the quality of the team was still obvious. 

Bringing in a couple of solid defenders and getting rid of some of the older generation players that was dragging down the morale we had a solid, classic Juventus team. Full of class and talent in both ends of the pitch. 

Our biggest competitor were reigning champions AC Milan. They probably had a better squad than us, and for a long time it was very even in the title race. But a terrible run of form from AC Milan gave us a big advantage, and we won Serie A comfortably with 93 points to AC Milan's 77. 

We won the Coppa Italia, beating Bologna 3-0 in the final. 

We also beat Chelsea in the Europa League final. 

Brazil

We haven't had an official qualifying game for the Copa America yet, only the Superclassico against Argentina. I really misjugded the tactic and we got hammered 4-2. After that we have taken some positive steps during our friendly matches, but a rather weak talent pool of central midfielders make me a bit nervous for next year's Copa America. 

I left Juve after the end of the season. My next job is with Real Madrid. My favorite club IRL, so that makes it fun. Madrid won the Champions League last year, but after finishing 2nd in La Liga the manager were fired. No pressure.....

18.thumb.jpg.a49162fd5f425e155188e5fdd2ad36eb.jpg19.thumb.jpg.59f03262e2699979359de59c0f5bddc3.jpg20.thumb.jpg.bfec056f8a69e0b7d0406427eba35dad.jpg

21.thumb.jpg.7c0c69b9a63604f2622bf9f53e7117ea.jpg22.thumb.jpg.2141b358e7164c24cf29e581df7cc328.jpg23.thumb.jpg.c106c9ae817a5e8c59fdf2a1d46e2acf.jpg

2026    | Arsenal           | England            | 1st    | League Cup winners          | Won Club World Cup
2026    | Juventus          | Italy              | 1st    | Coppa Italia winners        | Won Europa League

INTERNATIONAL
2026    | France            | 1st World Cup 
2027    | Brazil            |

CHALLENGE PROGRESS

Club

4/10  Top Domestic Leagues
4/10  Top Domestic Cups
1/5   Continentals Cups
1/1   Club World Cup

International

2/2   World Tournaments

Norwegian Cup (Norway)
Ligue 1 (France)
Premier League (England)
Euro 2024 (France)
League Cup (England)
UEFA Champions League
Confederations Cup
World Cup
Club World Cup
Serie A
Coppa Italia

200px-Maritzburg_United_logo_svg.png.13e20551872a9b31b469181f608e6058.png

Crispypaul
Maritzburg United
ABSA Premiership
2024/25

League - Table | Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2 - another season of dominance with only a single defeat and two absolute tonkings of Kaizer Chiefs (who have had an awful season)

African Champions League - Group Table | Fixtures - started off in the first qualifier absolutely stuffing AS Tempete Mocaf of the Central African Republic 19-0 on aggregate including a 13-0 away win.  Then we beat Egyptian side Zamalek to qualify for the group stages where sides from Algeria, Guinea and Congo.  Won every game to face Petro Atletico of Angola whom were dispatched comfortably.  In the semis we faced our 2nd Egyptian side in Al-Ahly, a tougher game we just about edged.  In the two legged final we faced holders ES Tunis.  We snagged an away goal in the first leg but a comfortable win at home meant we lifted the Champions League.

MTN 8  - Fixtures - retained this early season cup

Telkom Knockout - Fixtures - a bit disappointing as we were knocked out in the quarter finals

Nedbank Cup - Fixtures - at least we retained this trophy with a comfortable defeat of Orlando Pirates in the final.

Finances - plenty of prize money leads to these being nice and healthy

Transfers - another overhaul with the best signing being Senegalese centre half Mamour Kane for £500k

Squad

Key players - 

Jean-Baptiste Kone - the Ivorian striker signed on a free in January 2024 and made the striker position his own this season, scoring 39 goals in all competitions

Deolin Mekoa - the experienced left winger had a solid season

Matty Loureiro - the young left winger rotated well with Mekoa and had a better season after joining permanently, having previously been on loan

Mamour Kane - really solid centre back, had a top season and I have had to reject a lot of bids for him.

Luthando Mateza - another good season from the attacking midfielder

Grant Kekana - top notch again but declining somewhat

Future - I won the Champions League so no need to stay, I therefore resigned for pastures new

170px-Cameroon_lions_logo.png.06aa4b5d8cb5856ef8204f7fe742fac7.png

Cameroon Update
2024/25

African Cup of Nations - Group | Tree - we went into this just having an expectation to get to the quarter finals which we did comfortably.  A pretty easy run to the final however we had a frustrating narrow defeat to Ivory Coast.

I resigned not long after and will take a break from international football until after the 2026 World Cup

Domestic
2023/24  Maritzburg Utd      South African Premier Division  1st    		MTN8, Telkom, Nedbank Cup Winners
2024/25  Maritzburg Utd      South African Premier Division  1st            MTN8, Nedbank Cup, African CL Winners

International
2023/24	   Cameroon				African Nations Championship winners, AFCON qualifying group stage
2024/25    Cameroon             AFCON Runners Up, Resigned 

Challenge Progress

Club
 4/10 top domestic leagues (Singapore, Home United, 2019; Chile, Deportes Santa Cruz, 2022; Mexico, Pumas, 2022/23; South Africa, Maritzburg Utd, 2023/24)
 3/10 domestic cups (Singapore, Home United, 2019; Chile, Deportes Santa Cruz, 2021; South Africa, Maritzburg Utd, 2023/24)
 2/5 club continental championships (CONCACAF, Pumas, 2022/23; CAF, Maritzburg Utd, 2024/25)

International
 0/2 world tournaments 
Edited by Crispypaul

762609115_Crowy_Inbox.thumb.png.2fb3d4882af1ca511b863141e86f7f41.png

1962351511_Crowy_Inbox-2.thumb.png.f41c5003dd8c0035472ccc9f21415adc.png

This season my only aim was the Copa Libertadores, I was knocked out in the Quarter Final, I was also out of the FA Cup. I could of stayed and won another league to boost my reputation but I was already eager to move on. A mistake I made was adding European leagues to the save, so many of my players became unhappy once all the bids started flying in. I'm looking to perhapd get in to International management or perhaps try Australia, a country I've never managed in before. for Europe my plan is to win the Champions League with Wolves which may make this save a lot longer, but we'll see if that job comes up before other bigger European teams.

CHALLENGE PROGRESS

(Click to View)

Career.thumb.png.5c02256b8ff415e6da6956b313d9442d.png

See the source image

Denmark 2025

So after leaving Pahang in Malaysia, I joined Coventry in League two. Looking back now, I think it may have been a mistake on my part because it meant 6 years until I added to the challenges! Maybe I should have tried harder to head to Norway, Chile or South Africa. 

Either way, I have finally added some big scalps! After finishing 3rd in League Two, I managed to attract some good players into Coventry and win League one the season after. I went through my time there without doing any badges though. Purely down to the massive debt that they were in. Another error really. Should have remembered the absolute state that Coventry are in with their finances. 

Nottingham Forest came knocking though and I won the championship in my first season with them. They had money, a quality team and a very good youth setup so It was pretty routine to be challenging at least. 

During the Premiership season, I had pushed Forest to 8th in the league after 10 games. But then West Ham offered me an interview whilst they were sat in 16th. I couldn't say no to the opportunity with the players they had! I joined them and got given £35 million in January. This was more than enough for me to bring in what I needed and we finished 6th. Hello European football and even more cash!

My second season with West Ham was a great one. Finishing 3rd in the league (Still 18 points off 1st). I managed to bring in some quality, young Argentinians who I'm sure you're all aware are a country that develop so many unbelievable players! Here's a couple below....Almada signed for £12m & Maldonado for £11m. 

image.thumb.png.4c054b57f959cd30e28890be27636054.png

image.thumb.png.aebe20ab08b125c2359d29b2b11175f0.png

During my time at West Ham, I took over the job at Senegal in which I won the African Cup of Nations in 2025. 

That 2024/25 season has been the catalyst for hitting into some of the required parts of the challenges. I managed to win the Premiership with the Hammers, along with the Champions League! In the domestic cups though....Wow.....Terrible runs. Couldn't win one. 

I have subsequently left West Ham and Senegal and have taken over the Denmark job during the World Cup 2026 qualifying stage. I thought I would qualify for the World Cup but a 92nd minute goal away at Italy meant I missed out on the 2nd place route by 1 point. Livid. I've now left Denmark and joined Rosenborg, in Norway. 

image.thumb.png.c26f8ff60195ea10a47a5829b0e8a3cc.png

I've also managed to get my coaching badges done to the Continental B License level. 

P.s Cheers @Crispypaul

Edited by Gregg88FM

ulsan.png.63f28179cb1c703bd17c174ad8fb9baf.png

Not long after leaving Maritzburg I found myself straight back into club management, agreeing to join Ulsan Hyundai of South Korea after the AFCON had finished.

The club are currently just in 4th and still in the cup, way behind Jeonbuk and Suwon Samsung Bluewings so our priority is to qualify for next season's champions league

Squad - pretty decent although I am frustrated to see that two of our foreign players slots are for players in the same position

Finances - no issues here

Centre backs Jung-Do Hyon  and Kim Ji-Hyun appear to be our best players

110628c099f728d6778c.png

Atalanta 2024/25

Club Overview ~ Finances ~ League Table ~ Squad

After leaving Atletico Nacional, it took me around 3 months to find another job, I was trying so hard to get the Wolves job as that was insecure. I then saw Atalanta were a rich club and were sat in 16th of Serie A with 18 games left and felt this could be a great project. Granted they're not massively rich but it's a good platform to start on and we have some expensive players in the squad that we could move on and help me rebuild.

Edited by Crowy

Great progress guys!

I'm doing a spin-off version of this challenge. Difference being I have started with Full Qualifications & International Experience but am attempting to achieve the list of accolades using only teams that have never won them before! Obviously the longer the challenge continues, the smaller the number of teams available will become, so it will be continually harder & harder to grab titles & cups.

I've started in Spain with Real Zaragoza & after promotion to La Liga and then a mid-table finish I moved to Celta de Vigo and almost won the league in the first season but we capitulated in the last 4 games to drop to 3rd. This season we are looking good, top of the league after 10 games and needing a single point to qualify for the Round of 16 in the Champions League from a group of us, Juventus, Spurs & Zenit.

I doubt I'll get as far along the journey as most of you guys, but the stories and reading here keeps me motivated!

110628c099f728d6778c.png

Atalanta 2024/25

Manager Profile: Crowy 2025

Key Players: Dejan Kulusevski ~ Ennio Cima ~ Marcel Ruiz ~ Musa Barrow ~ Andrea Petagna

329261f07e8bfad9bc.png

Competitions Overview

With only being in charge for 20 games for Atalanta here's i brief overview of what's happened this season. We managed to climb from 16th to 10th with a strong finish to the season for the club, in the Copa Italia we were knocked out in the Quarter Finals by AC Milan. Going forward to next season I'm definitely going to be looking to try and qualify for the Europa League and push them on to the next level, I'll be looking to get rid of some of the big earners and high value players in the team if I can find suitable replacements as we have a few good youth players coming back who can play a role next season, we're also losing quite a bit of money every month so ideally i'd like to stem that flow,

CLUB PROGRESS

Untitled.thumb.png.7992c4521735fa3e8ff843e8e320bb13.png

Edited by Crowy

255px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png

Season 2040

Italy

So, I am an idiot. A complete and utter idiot.

After sweeping aside all before me last season with PSG, I resigned in the hope of getting a top job in Spain as part of the ensuing managerial merry-go-round. However, I completely forgot about the Club World Cup. To rub salt into the wounds, PSG won it at a canter. I'm still annoyed with myself.

Qualification for the European Championships was secured, but we only finished second in our group, behind a rampant Scotland. No one ever remembers the qualification campaign, and it was all about what we could do in the summer. A routine 3-0 win over Armenia kicked us off, followed by a tough 1-1 draw with a very good Spain side. This put us in pole position in the group, yet we ended up finishing third after a truly woeful performance in our final group game against Romania, who thumped us 3-1. I thought we were out, but due to the expanded nature of the European Championships (thanks UEFA!) we somehow ended up in the last 16.

Our performance levels didn't improve much in the last 16, but we mustered a 0-0 draw with Turkey and then squeezed through 3-2 on penalties to face Sweden in the quarter finals. Attacking midfielder Angelo Coppa put us in front, and our lead was doubled by Denerval, before Sweden pulled one back. Right winger Armando Su Sbenso sealed our place in the last four late on, where we would meet Spain for the second time in the tournament. Left winger and all round magician Pio Barone put us in front, only for Spain to equalise from the penalty spot less than five minutes later. Both sides went for it, but neither could find a breakthrough, and so we went to penalties...

Spain went first and missed, and that was followed by 8 successful penalties. Up stepped substitute Enzo Anastasi to put us into the final. But no, he missed. Thankfully, it didn't prove decisive as Spain missed their next one, before Ivano Dominin slotted home to put us into the showpiece event. There, we would face old foes Germany. I was a little tense, after realising my mistake with PSG I don't think I could face another four year wait for a crack at this tournament on top of that. I needn't have worried, as we were brilliant. Denerval got the first in first half stoppage time, and Ibrahim Adamu sealed a 2-0 win late on, adding the European Championships to our World Cup win from two years ago!

So what now? Firstly, I won't be making the PSG mistake again, and will be staying on as Italy manager to see if I can win the Confederations Cup next summer. I've really come to love this group of players, but there are some ageing legs in the squad, so a few tweaks might be needed over the next 12 months. Domestically, I'm just waiting for a good opportunity in Spain to arise.

Club
2016/17      Dungannon     9th            Irish Cup winners, Mid-Ulster Cup winners

2020            Tianjin              8th            FA Cup winners! Champions League winners!

2022            Montreal         1st             Won MLS Supporters' Shield, currently in last 8 of NACL

2025/26     Unemployed

2031          Unemployed

2031/32    Stoke                      17th   Left after two months five points clear of the drop zone

2037/38   Unemployed

2038/39   Paris St Germain    1st     League winners! FA Cup winners! League Cup winners! Champions League winners!

Country

2022           Ivory Coast         World Cup quarter finalists. Quarter finalists in CHAN. Qualified for African Cup of Nations

2024          Unemployed

2026          USA                     Lost in World Cup Semi Final (finished 3rd). Upto 5th in the world

2029          USA                     Lost in Confederations Cup Semi Final (finished 4th)

2030         Unemployed

2036         Unemployed

2037         Italy                    Failed to get out of UEFA Nations League group. About to start qualification for World Cup.

2039         Italy                   Finished top of UEFA Nations League group. European Championship qualifiers have started well.

2040         Italy                   European Championships winners!

Challenge Progress

Club

9*/10 top domestic leagues - Republic of Ireland (Sligo), China (Tianjin), USA (Montreal), Netherlands (Ajax), South Africa (Orlando Pirates), England (West Ham), Italy (Juventus), Germany (Leverkusen), Ukraine ((Shakhtar Donetsk) - doesn't count towards the challenge), France (PSG)

9/10 domestic cups - Northern Ireland (Dungannon), China (Tianjin), Brazil (Palmeiras), South Africa (Orlando Pirates), England (West Ham), Italy (Juventus), Germany (Leverkusen), Ukraine (Shakhtar Donetsk), France (PSG)

5/5 club continental championships - Asian Champions League (Tianjin), NACL (Montreal Impact), African Champions League (Orlando Pirates), Europa League (West Ham), Uefa Champions League (PSG)

International

4/5 continental tournaments - African Cup of Nations (Ivory Coast 2023), North American Gold Cup (USA 2027), Asian Cup of Nations (South Korea 2035).European Championships (Italy 2040)

1/2 world tournaments - World Cup (Italy 2038)

ulsan.png.1feab980d5b7d51954995505aa991c27.png

Crispypaul
Ulsan
K-League 1

League - Table | Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2 - so we joined when we were 4th, ended up 3rd and qualifying for the ACL which is fine

KFA Cup  - Fixtures - still in this when I joined, we just sneaked past Jeonbuk over the two legged final.

Finances - all fine

Transfers - most of these before I joined

Squad

Key players - 

Saeid Aghaei - veteran Iranian left winger

Rene - one of my two Brazilian left backs, he was the stronger performer

Hwang Mun-Kei - decent attacking midfielder

Jung Do-Hyun - as expected a strong centre back

Kwon Moon-Ki - solid central midfielder

Domestic
2024/25  Maritzburg Utd      South African Premier Division  1st            MTN8, Nedbank Cup, African CL Winners
2025     Ulsan               K-League 1                      3rd            Joined 20th July 2025, KFA Cup Winners

International
2024/25    Cameroon             		AFCON Runners Up, Resigned 

Challenge Progress

Club
 4/10 domestic cups (Singapore, Home United, 2019; Chile, Deportes Santa Cruz, 2021; South Africa, Maritzburg Utd, 2023/24; South Korea, Ulsan, 2025)
 2/5 club continental championships (CONCACAF, Pumas, 2022/23; CAF, Maritzburg Utd, 2024/25)

International
 0/2 world tournaments 

Edited by Crispypaul

110628c099f728d6778c.png

Atalanta 2025/26 Season Review

Manager Profile:  Crowy 2026

Key Players: Esteban CarboneroOskar PietronKepa ArrizabalagaDario BaruffiBrahim Diaz

329261f07e8bfad9bc.png

Board Expectations: Top Half Finish | Qualified for the Champions League

League Table

Results One ~ Results Two

Overall we had a very good solid first full season in charge of Atalanta, we managed to bring in some very good players, Esteban Carbonero who I had at Atletico Nacional has to be one of my best ever finds on any FM he has turned in to an absolute monster of a player. Dario Baruffi and Brahim Diaz were probably my other stand out performers for the season. In terms of results it was an up and down season we could go from winning 5-0 away at Napoli and have a few games without conceding to having consecutive games where we concede 2/3 goals which was frustrating. My aim for this season was the Europa League and we have even exceeded my expectations, I have a good core to this team and if I can add a few more quality players I feel I may be able to challenge next season, I think it will be my final season either way, I've really not enjoyed my time at Atalanta for some reason.

In the Coppa Italia, we had a decent run making it all the way to the Semi Final. It was extremeley frustrating in the end as I was 3-1 up in that Semi Final 2nd Leg and they decided to score 3 goals from 20 odd yards out to knock us out. I still mostly played my 2nd team for the majority of the cup again, which I need to stop doing so often as I need to start winning a cup or two to make progress in this challenge!

CLUB PROGRESS

190219671_ClubUpdate.thumb.png.66abae8275dc180e707fc08140d21a56.png

No International progress as of yet but it is a World Cup year so I'm hoping some good opportunities come my way after that and I can start making progress on that side of the challenge. Also if there are any other screenshots people wish to see feel free to ask.

First International Job

147257705_Crowy_Inbox.thumb.png.9cad42a943fe37d9961a4b8081918f33.png

Edited by Crowy

227px-Confedera%C3%A7%C3%A3o_Brasileira_150px-AtleticoMadrid2017.png

Brazil / Atletico Madrid - 2026 Report

It's been a long time since we last spoke; I know that very well. I ended up taking an extended break from this save a number of months ago, and just returned to it today.Over the past few months I dabbled, here and there, and this has led to me unfortunately having no screenshots of my time in Brazil and the USA.

Speaking of the USA and Brazil, let's talk about how that went. My career in Brazil and USA went tragically; I ended up quitting my job in Brazil to travel to the USA, where I found a buggy mess awaiting me. I decided it would be best to put the year behind me and focus on the Brazil international team. It was a good idea to focus on the international team because we ended up winning the World Cup. I originally planned to stick with Brazil for the Confederations Cup, but it is a number of years away, and I have an interest in proceeding with the challenge. My reputation grew greatly because of this win, but I still struggled to get a job at a team that had Champions League football. Eventually, after numerous unsuccessful job interviews, I landed a job at Atletico Madrid. I haven't even looked at the squad or the finances, but I know it will be better than doing nothing. Here's to a great season in Spain, and all other seasons in Europe.

CLUB CAREER
                                                        -----------

Season       Team             Country            League           Position           FA Cup          League Cup         Champs League       Others & Notes       
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018     PS Barito Putera      Indonesia         Liga 1           18th               -               2nd Round               -             National C Badge
2019     Warriors FC           Singapore         Premier League   1st                -               Winner!            East Asia Playoff  National B,A, Contiential C
2020/21  Melbourne Victory     Australia         A-League         5th                Winner!         -                  -                  Continental B,A Sacked
2022     Tianjin Quanjian      China             Super League     4th                5th Round       -                  -                  Continetal Pro
2023     Tianjin Quanjian      China             Super League     1st                Winner!         -                  -                  Champions, Qual. for Champ
2024     Tianjin Quanjian      China             Super League     2nd                5th Round       -                  Winner!    
2025/26  Numerous Clubs        Brazi/USA         Serie A/MLS       *                   *             *                  -
2026/27  Atletico Madrid       Spain             La Liga          ???                ???             ???                ???
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INTERNATIONAL CAREER
                                                   --------------------

Season       Country         Tournament         Finished         Others & Notes             
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019         Argentina U23                                       No Competition / Resigned
2022         Paraguay                                            2022 + 2023 spent qualifying for World Cup
2023         Paraguay 
2024         Paraguay        Copa America        Winner!         
             Brazil                                              More WC Qualifiers
2025         Brazil
2026         Brazil          World Cup           Winner!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHALLENGE PROGRESS
                                                    ------------------

Club

2/10  Top Domestic Leagues (Singapore, China)
 3/10  Top Domestic Cups (Singapore, Australia, China)
 1/5   Continentals Cups (Tianjin Quanjian)
 0/1   Club World Cup

International

1/5   Continental Tournaments (Paraguay)
 1/2   World Tournaments (Brazil)

Screenshots below.

Spoiler

y6Cmr0b.thumb.png.f9dce65ba25581d30939729f5d79fe87.png

zqDUhy3.thumb.png.02023c3788617153740e83e0f02e070c.png

nc9bO1J.thumb.png.7391aabc34b4dd1594afc03f30573927.png

aGDMqJX.thumb.png.2a32720e35127a59b60e983627bdb0e9.png

8eU1XX5.thumb.png.15c53941947902c385d7ab61bbe27f3c.png

FP8dznj.thumb.png.0fab51f9c8acb7fabd22c699088d0990.png

xVm2I6t.thumb.png.bc26e16ad4ab512973df101a2eb5dbd6.png

cWlPKC0.thumb.png.bd45d993c2fe17c96d46e76af736aeab.png

• 2 weeks later...

Persiba.png.4fd1d92eadd38c3254441e5245d5503c.png

First season and I start my Ultimate Challenge adventure in Indonesia, at Persiba Balikpapan. I took over with them in 3rd place in Phase 1 with 9 games played. I finished this phase in 2nd place and reached Phase 2. I secured promotion by finishing 2nd in my Phase 2 group which was good news. Good result getting promoted but the inconsistency in results was infuriating at times. 

I signed a young striker called Fernando Gomes, he got 11 goals in 12 games and got some important goals. I'm really going to have to add some good players to this squad next year as we're pretty short of good players. 

So I'll crack on with next season, I have to admit I am hoping to move soon because I'm not enjoying the Indonesian league, trying to get the coaching badges added up though. 

Season | Team               |Position | Notes and Acheivements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018   | Persiba Balikpapan |2nd      | Promoted	

2026-27 - Kaizer Chiefs / Nigeria

93bvH8P.pngG4Mp22e.png

Kaizer Chiefs competitions - Fixtures

Now that was a long season, both IRL and in-game. I had to take a break from FM due to many factors (including but not limited to a new job, RimWorld, and the Betrayal league in Path of Exile), but it's time to get back to the challenge. And I'm doing so in style: five club trophies in one season! And it could've been six if the referee had awarded us a clear penalty in the MTN 8 final, grumble mumble... Regardless, the season got off to a somewhat rocky start with lots of draws in the league, but when we found or form we were basically unstoppable. We won the league by a ten point margin and grabbed both big national cups despite some difficult times along the way, featuring a penalty shootout win in the Telkom Knockout final (despite outshooting Wits 30 to 3) and another shootout to get past Orlando Pirates in the Nedbank Cup semis.

But the biggest fixture of the season was the CAF Champions League final, again with current champions and bitter rivals Orlando Pirates to play against. Now, for context, I'll remind you that the previous Amakhosi manager had seen fit to register a squad with basically no defenders available for the tournament, and with there not being a registration window between the group stage and the knockouts (WHY?!) that's all I had to play with, regardless of signings. This was fine for most of the tournament since the opposition was extremely weak (see that 12-3 aggregate win in semis for an example), but playing an active league team like Orlando Pirates was a whole different matter.

So between injuries and suspensions, I found myself having to play a back four featuring an actual left back, two midfielders, and a right winger for the final. Obviously, the first leg was a disaster, with Pirates destroying us five to one at their stadium. The second leg, though? That's the kind of stuff that I'll still remember come FM37: our best display of the season, both offensively and defensively, leading to a 4-0 win with the final goal scored in the 83rd minute, giving us the trophy on away goals. Oh, and those two midfielders played what was probably their best game of the season. As center backs.

I love this game.

Roster

After last season's issues (which propagated into this season through the ACL roster) with lack of depth in defensive positions, I had to dip hard into the transfer market to make sure I had at least two players per position, and ideally a handful of versatile guys who could fill various roles in case of injuries or, as it happens when you take part in five different long tournaments, fixture congestion. I mean, just look at that fixtures screenshot from before. April would've been a nightmare if I hadn't had that many players available.

Of the whole bunch, I want to bring attention to Sydney Mbambo, a kid who wasn't even expected to be part of the senior squad this season, but who managed not only to play regularly, but also to become our best player in all competitions, and even grab himself a senior cap with only eighteen years. This kid is going places, I'm sure of it. Other standout names were Khotso Mabalane, the best of a great bunch of wingers on both sides; Johnny Zungu, our top goalscorer and a guarantee in most big games, particularly with his three goals in the CL final; and Keanu Cupido, the best of the veterans and the rock that solidified our whole defense.

With everything done in South Africa it's time to go somewhere else once again. In fact I've already done so. No spoilers, but I'll give you a hint: it has wings.

Season   Team                         League               Cup1           Cup2          Continental    World       Other                  Notes
=====================================================================================================================================================================================
2018     Selangor                     2nd                  3rd round      Group Stg.    N/A            N/A         N/A                    Joined in the offseason. National C license.
2019     Selangor                     1st                  Winners        Winners       East Playoff   N/A         N/A                    Domestic treble! Manager of the Year. National B and A licenses.
2020/21  Melbourne City               1st/Winners          2nd round      N/A           Group Stage    N/A         N/A                    Joined in the offseason. Manager of the Year. Continental C and B licenses.
2021     Changchun                    7th                  QF             N/A           N/A            N/A         N/A                    Joined in July, 7th, 11 games remaining.
2022     Changchun                    4th                  Winners        N/A           N/A            N/A         N/A                    Continental A license. Qualified to ACL through cup win.
2023     Changchun                    3rd                  Winners        N/A           Group Stage    N/A         Super Cup Winners      Continental Pro license. Entered Asian HoF.
2024     Changchun                    ---                  ---            N/A           Group Stage    N/A         Super Cup Winners      Left in June for Hebei with the team 3rd in the league.
         Hebei CFFC                   2nd                  Winners        N/A           N/A            N/A         N/A                    Joined with team 15th, expected top half.
2025     Hebei CFFC                   2nd                  Finalists      N/A           Winners        3rd         Super Cup Winners      ACL champions!
2025/26  Kaizer Chiefs                3rd                  QF             N/A           In progress    N/A         N/A                    Joined in March.
2026/27  Kaizer Chiefs                1st                  Winners        Winners       Winners        5th         CAF Super Cup Winners  CAF CL champions! Quintuple!

As for Nigeria, there was only one thing that mattered in the whole season, and that was of course the African Cup of Nations. Time for a competition report!

Group stage

Spoiler
  • Nigeria 4-1 Sierra Leone: A gentle start on paper, considering what else is in there. Ndidi gave us an early lead in a set piece, and that calmed the debut nerves down, allowing us to make quick work of Sierra Leone. Adegbenro, Ndidi again, and Onyekuru made it 4-0 before the break, just to make things clear. The second half might as well not have existed, other than for an unlucky own goal.
  • Nigeria 2-0 Tunisia: Time for serious stuff. Tunisia had defeated Cameroon in their first match, so a win almost gave us the top spot of the group. The star this time was our playmaker Mustapha, who gave us the lead in the 19th with a cracker from outside the box and then assisted Awaziem for the second. Tunisia gave us a couple scares in the second half, but we held on without much trouble.
  • Nigeria 2-4 Cameroon: With a place in the second round guaranteed we could afford to relax a bit. And we did. Too much. Kemen scored twice for Cameroon in the first half, the second in injury time to undo Onyekuru's draw. Evina and Minala made it 4-1 for Cameroon immediately after the break, and Onyekuru could only get one back before the end. Terrible, but probably the best moment for this.

Second in the group, not ideal but workable. Guinea-Bissau await in the second round, probably the easiest matchup we could reasonably get. No surprise knock-outs in the group stage.

Second round (if applicable)

Spoiler
  • Nigeria 3-1 Guinea-Bissau: Two minutes in and Onyekuru had already put us ahead, confirming that he was our most in-form player for the tournament. Adegbenro double our lead just before the break, but Guinea-Bissau took one back in a corner kick with a bit over twenty minutes on the clock. Thankfully Iheanacho finally showed up to head in the 3-1 in the final minutes and save me from a heart attack.

Sufficient, but not exactly setting the world alight. Cape Verde shocked Senegal, and will be our next rivals. Tunisia, Algeria, South Africa and Cameroon are also out.

Quarter finals (if applicable)

Spoiler
  • Nigeria 2-0 Cape Verde: The match was a long succession of both teams squandering great chances to take the lead. Mostly us, though. It took until the 78th minute for Onyekuru (who else) to tap in a cross from the right and finally open the score. A direct free kick by Ibrahim in the final moments of the game sealed the deal.

Actually a good game, would've been an easy 4-0 if Iheanacho was anywhere near his World Cup goalscoring form. One step closer, and now Ivory Coast is the last obstacle before the final. Egypt and Burkina Faso (!) will play the other semifinal.

Semi finals (if applicable)

Spoiler
  • Nigeria 0(4)-(3)0 Ivory Coast: Early domination and lots of chances for us, with Onyekuru once again on song but this time failing to find the target with his finishes. The second half was an absolute borefest with practically zero chances on either goal. Actually Ivory Coast got a grand total of zero shots in the whole 90 minutes. Their first came nine minutes into extra time, well wide. We got twenty, but in the end it was all up to the penalty lottery. We didn't miss, Aliyu stopped two, and we were in the final.

Egypt also needed penalties to get past Burkina Faso, so both teams will be equally tired come the final match.

3rd place playoff/Final (if applicable)

Spoiler
  • Nigeria 3-0 Egypt: The only winners the ACoN has known for the last three editions, with Cúper at the helm since 2015, Napoli's Sobhi as their star, and a 35yo legend like Salah. A proper final boss for this good run, or so it seemed. The first surprise was seeing Sobhi out of the lineup, and the second was us taking the lead 25 seconds into the final thanks to Ejuke's through ball and Iheanacho's clinical finish. We got lucky again later in the first half when Egypt conceded an own goal, but to be fair they hadn't even put us under any real pressure until then. Etebo made it three just before half time, and then proceeded to thoroughly and completely kill the game in the second half. Egypt didn't get a single shot on target throughout the whole match. Easiest win of the tournament.

After the tournament + challenge progress

Spoiler

Champions! \o/ First international tournament in the bag, and now I can completely forget about Africa on both club and international levels. This win also put me in the Spanish Hall of Fame, which is a nice bonus. Still a long ways to catch up with Pep, though... The Confed Cup would be the next step, but it's two full years until the next edition, so I'll be moving on and hope to find a vacancy somewhere in Asia or North America soon.

Nigeria competitions - Fixtures - ACoN roster - ACoN awards 1 2 3

Season   Nation                       Continental           World              Final ranking    Notes
		======================================================================================================================================================================
		2023     Japan/Cameroon               N/A                   N/A                74th/27th        Qualified for ANC.
		2024     Cameroon                     QF                    N/A                32nd             Qualified for ACoN.
		2025     Cameroon                     QF                    N/A                41st             Sacked after ACoN.
		         Nigeria                      N/A                   N/A                26th             Joined after ACoN. Qualified for ANC and WC.
		2026     Nigeria                      3rd                   QF                 21st             Qualified for ACoN.
		2027     Nigeria                      1st                   N/A                22nd             ACoN champions! Resigned afterwards.

Challenge Progress

Club

3/10 top domestic leagues (Liga Super Malaysia 2019, Hyundai A-League 2020/21, ABSA Premiership 2026/27)
3/10 domestic cups (Piala FA (Malaysia) 2019, Chinese FA Cup 2022-2023-2024, Telkom Knockout (S.Africa) 2026/27)
2/5 club continental championships (Asian Champions League 2025, CAF Champions League 2026)

International

1/5 continental tournaments (Africa Cup of Nations 2027)
0/2 world tournaments ()

Other titles

Piala Malaysia (2019)
Chinese FA Super Cup (2023-2024-2025)
CAF Super Cup (2027)
Nedbank Cup (2026-27)

I've been away for about 10 days so looking to get a good session in over the next couple of weeks, still currently Atalanta and Italy manager in 2027, about 11 games left in my final season at Atalanta. Currently 2nd but 8 points off Inter.

Edited by Crowy

255px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png

Season 2041

Italy

So, another year has passed and I'm still without a domestic job. Barcelona, the only half decent Spanish club job to come up, turned me down flat last summer, not even offering me an interview.

World cup qualification progress was fairly straightforward, racking up easy wins against Macedonia, Slovenia and Northern Ireland. Albania are the other team in the group, so I'd fully expect qualification to be an absolute walk in the park.

This year was all about the Confederations Cup, and making sure we built on our previous successes of the European Championships and World Cup. Our group contained Jamaica, Ivory Coast and Portugal. A 2-0 win over Jamaica was followed up by a 3-0 win over Ivory Coast, leaving us to play Portugal for top spot in the group. A 3-1 win meant we went on to face Argentina in the semi finals, with a growing level of expectation on our shoulders.

For 45 minutes, Argentina absolutely battered us. And yet, thanks to a wonderful display by goalkeeper Marco Merolle, we went in 0-0 at the break. He had to produce the same level of performance in the second half, where at least we had a few chances of our own. Neither side could break the deadlock, and we went into extra time. On went 34 year old right winger Armando Su Sbenso, and within 12 minutes he had put us in front. Just before half time in extra time, veteran striker Denerval netted, and we held out for a 2-0 win and a final against Germany.

Long time readers might be aware that we have faced Germany in both the final of the World Cup, and the final of the European Championships, with us winning 2-0 on both occasions. I was very fearful that they would have the upmost motivation to beat us as a result. I needn't have worried, as we raced into a 2 goal lead thanks to a Denerval double, and never looked back. They had a man sent off in stoppage time of the first half, and it wasn't long before Ibrahim Adamu had added a third. They pulled one back, but fantastic central midfielder Marco Greco thumped in a fourth, before substitute Francesco Carbone rubbed salt into the wound by adding a fifth just before the final whistle. A third international trophy, and another step closer to completing this challenge.

My final act as Italy manager was a disappointing one, as we lost the final of the Uefa Nations League, ironically to Germany, 3-0. Absolutely no complaints, as we were awful from start to finish. I'm chalking this one up to the fact the players were probably still out celebrating the Confederations Cup win from a couple of days before.

It is with a very heavy heart that I am now stepping down as Italy manager. With only one more international trophy to go, it is going to be a waiting game until a South American job comes up. Thankfully, a club job has finally come calling. I was headhunted for the Arsenal job, which was incredibly hard to turn down, but it wouldn't have helped me to complete this challenge. More on my new destination in my next update.

Club

2025/26     Unemployed

2031          Unemployed

2037/38   Unemployed

2039/40   Unemployed

2040/41   Unemployed

Country

2024          Unemployed

2030         Unemployed

2036         Unemployed

2040         Italy                   European Championships winners!

2041         Italy                   Confederations Cup winners!

Challenge Progress

Club

International

4/5 continental tournaments - African Cup of Nations (Ivory Coast 2023), North American Gold Cup (USA 2027), Asian Cup of Nations (South Korea 2035).European Championships (Italy 2040)

2/2 world tournaments - World Cup (Italy 2038), Confederations Cup (Italy 2041)

Persiba.png.4fd1d92eadd38c3254441e5245d5503c.png

In 2018, I got Persiba Balikpapan promoted to Indonesian League 1. I had a bit of a clean up of the squad and managed to get a couple of decent players in. I was hoping for a mid table finish really, there isn't too much difference between the teams in Indonesia so I knew if I got my foreign signings right I'd be okay. It turns out I had a fantastic season, winning the title and the Indonesian Cup. I absolutely stormed the second half of the season to be honest. 

716386271_Screenshot2019-02-24at03_42_25.thumb.png.c17a4418948979134bec536af24705d6.png

1897429497_Screenshot2019-02-24at04_08_45.thumb.png.5b7d8652ad2ccb8a5943171bf54eb5e7.png

My best signing was Alberto Malla, he was class in the middle of the park and got some important goals. Fernando Gomes who I mentioned in my last post won the golden boot in the division, he got 23 goals in 30 games. 

I resigned as soon as I won the cup because I knew I wasn't going to make anymore progress toward the challenge there. Unfortunately Persiba were heavily in debt so I was only able to go 1 coaching badge and to be honest I am really struggling to get a job at the moment. Hopefully something comes up soon. 

Season | Team               |Position | Notes and Acheivements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018   | Persiba Balikpapan |  2nd    | Promoted	
2019   | Persiba Balikpapan |  1st    | League and Cup Double!

League Title  1/10 -  Indonesian First Division (Persiba Balikpapan 2019)
Domestic Cups 1/10 -  Indonesian Cup (Persiba Balikpapan 2019)

Edited by PukkiParty

110628c099f728d6778c.png

Atalanta 2026/27 Season Review

Manager Profile:  Crowy 2027

Key Players: Esteban CarboneroCarlos Darson ~ Oskar Pietron ~ Dmitriy Yegorov ~ Campo Elias Medina 

329261f07e8bfad9bc.png

Board Expectations: Qualify for Europa League | Won the League!

League Table

Results One ~ Results Two

Well, what can I say about this season? So many times Inter looked unstoppable throughout the season managing to have an 8 point gap with 11 games remaining, I was just planning to have a strong finish to the end of my career with Atalanta. As the games went by I saw Inter drop more and more points and it made for an excellent finish as I beat them in week 37 to put me top of the league on goal difference, it was then in our hands all I had to do was secure a final game win at home to 5th placed Lazio, whilst it may look a tight game finishing 1-0 Lazio never really threatened us much in that game. We then just had to hope Inter did not beat Cremonense 6-0 and the title would be ours, they only managed a 2-0 victory! The title was ours!

I don't think I would get accused of cheating but just to show I didn't save my game for the final two months of my season. Yes I'm aware my laptop is incredibly slow for it to take me 6 hours to do two months, I also leave it on whilst I'm lurking on twitch etc too.

13013945f3e8b0ec2025568.png

Board Expectations: Reach Group Stage | First Knockout Round

Group Stage

Results

We were given the hardest Group Draw imaginable, being drawn against PSG, Dortmund and Atletico Madrid. We got off to an excellent start picking up two wins straight away, after a 5-0 drubbing at the hands of PSG in game 5 I was getting less confident, but a solid performance against Atletico in the final game saw us through comfortably. We were then drawn Spurs in the First Knockout Round, probably one of the better draws in the competition. We gave a good account of ourselves at home picking up a 2-1 win but always felt it was difficult with them having an away goal, not that it mattered Spurs got rid of us comfortably on their own ground running out 3-0 winners.

130141298f11f377af3dfb2.png

Board Expectations: Reach Quarter Final | Runner-Up

Results

Once again, I let a Top Domestic Cup slip through my fingers. having a comfortable run up to the Semi Final, we then beat Napoli 3-0 on aggregate all that stood in our way of our first Domestic Cup was AC Milan. Hope of winning the Cup faded quickly in the Final as AC Milan scored their first 3 shots on target . . . We done well to have a late chance of getting a draw but ultimately the damage was already done.

CLUB PROGRESS

1296713617_ClubProgress.thumb.png.1ef06c2ddcfd88e524091022f8be1cc9.png

Edited by Crowy

324d90df46f21b0dea4.png

Gremio 2027

Club Overview ~ Finances ~ League Table ~ Squad

So I've resigned from Atalanta, I was looking towards the Liverpool and River Plate jobs as they were very insecure. Unfortunately, neither teams sacked their manager and Gremio approached me the main reason I took the job is that they're still in to the Copa Libertadores.

Edited by Crowy

Giving this ago! I'm on my phone in the car atm so can't do an in depth post with links etc, but having inadvertantly done this type of save on a previous fm a few years back, I'm excited to give this a try on the winter update of fm19. 

After a false start due to becoming immensely frustrated with the Malaysian League Rules, I restarted with more leagues from the go, and my career is Starting off in S-League with Home United, i've taken over halfway through the season with the team 2 places from bottom, and I've won my first 4 games comfortably. Don't quite understand the whole Young Lions and Unicorns team stuff, but enjoying it so far. For some reason though the team had no fullbacks when I joined so I've got a couple fb's in on loan and retraining a couple of wing backs. Hoping to sneak a cup win (which cup doesn't count?), and build the squad for a title push next year 

Hopefully I can return to this....my computer where this was saved stopped working a couple of weeks ago and is finally going back to the manufacturer to fix.  

Fingers crossed they don't need to wipe the boot drive where my save was :(

2027 - Los Angeles Football Club

1MFl05a.png

To the US of A we go! In my final months in Kaizer Chiefs I started applying to any and all openings in North American leagues, and after a couple of failures with Mexican teams including Cruz Azul, LAFC came knocking. I hesitated, because the team wasn't exactly in the best of positions (dead last in the Supporters' Shield with over half of the season gone, plus out of the cup), and because there were some other MLS managers on the brink of the sack, but in the end I took the plunge, figuring that in a salary capped league like the MLS there couldn't be that much of a difference between the good and the bad teams, and that I'd already resurrected other failing teams before in my career.

Competitions - Fixtures

That was a huge mistake.

This half-season takes the cake as the most frustrating time I've had the pleasure of knowing during this save. There was absolutely no consistency at all in our performances, we'd go from great to terrible and back in the blink of an eye, like in that 6-0 win against conference leaders NY Red Bulls straight after being destroyed by Galaxy in the LA derby. In the end I managed to marginally improve on my predecessor's record (went from 3W-6D-10L to 4W-3D-8L, so same amount of points in four less games), but that was nowhere close to enough to leave the last place of the table. Good thing there's no relegation and that the board seemed to not care too much... Portland Timbers won the Supporters' Shield, while Colorado Rapids shocked the competition and won the MLS Cup.

Roster

Part of the blame for the bad results is to be put on whoever decided that a short squad with five-and-a-half defenders total was good enough to compete in this league. That's something one can handle in leagues like South Africa where most of the local (and 95% of the continental) opposition are appallingly bad, but not so much in the MLS, where you can't just dip into the U23 or U18 teams looking for bodies to fill the lineup.. I found myself having to play a pure midfielder like Kyle King as center back for the last five or six league games because of injuries to both Murray and Zimmerman (who was basically unplayable in any case due to age and extreme slowness), and suspensions didn't help either. I don't think I managed to fill all the bench slots in more than half of the games I was in charge of.

Not many performances worth highlighting from this lot, I'm afraid. Brian Fernández was our top goalscorer, but he's already well into his thirties and looking out of his depth in this league. Marcus Browne topped the assists charts, but his performances in general were mediocre to poor. All in all, much room for improvement. There's gonna be lots of transfer activity this winter, I'm sure of it...

No news in the international scene, by the way. There were no interesting jobs available after the Gold Cup, so I'm basically waiting for the Euros qualifying section and the East Asian Cup to end so I can profit from the corpses that are sure to pop up. South Korea and the Czech Republic are looking like possible targets in the near future...

Season   Team                         League               Cup1           Cup2          Continental    World       Other                  Notes
=====================================================================================================================================================================================
2018     Selangor                     2nd                  3rd round      Group Stg.    N/A            N/A         N/A                    Joined in the offseason. National C license.
2019     Selangor                     1st                  Winners        Winners       East Playoff   N/A         N/A                    Domestic treble! Manager of the Year. National B and A licenses.
2020/21  Melbourne City               1st/Winners          2nd round      N/A           Group Stage    N/A         N/A                    Joined in the offseason. Manager of the Year. Continental C and B licenses.
2021     Changchun                    7th                  QF             N/A           N/A            N/A         N/A                    Joined in July, 7th, 11 games remaining.
2022     Changchun                    4th                  Winners        N/A           N/A            N/A         N/A                    Continental A license. Qualified to ACL through cup win.
2023     Changchun                    3rd                  Winners        N/A           Group Stage    N/A         Super Cup Winners      Continental Pro license. Entered Asian HoF.
2024     Changchun                    ---                  ---            N/A           Group Stage    N/A         Super Cup Winners      Left in June for Hebei with the team 3rd in the league.
         Hebei CFFC                   2nd                  Winners        N/A           N/A            N/A         N/A                    Joined with team 15th, expected top half.
2025     Hebei CFFC                   2nd                  Finalists      N/A           Winners        3rd         Super Cup Winners      ACL champions!
2025/26  Kaizer Chiefs                3rd                  QF             N/A           In progress    N/A         N/A                    Joined in March.
2026/27  Kaizer Chiefs                1st                  Winners        Winners       Winners        5th         CAF Super Cup Winners  CAF CL champions! Quintuple!
2027     Los Angeles FC              23rd                  ---            N/A           N/A            N/A         N/A                    Yes, 23rd.

Season   Nation                       Continental           World              Final ranking    Notes
======================================================================================================================================================================
2023     Japan/Cameroon               N/A                   N/A                74th/27th        Qualified for ANC.
2024     Cameroon                     QF                    N/A                32nd             Qualified for ACoN.
2025     Cameroon                     QF                    N/A                41st             Sacked after ACoN.
         Nigeria                      N/A                   N/A                26th             Joined after ACoN. Qualified for ANC and WC.
2026     Nigeria                      3rd                   QF                 21st             Qualified for ACoN.
2027     Nigeria                      1st                   N/A                22nd             ACoN champions! Resigned afterwards. No new job so far.

Challenge Progress

Club

3/10 top domestic leagues (Liga Super Malaysia 2019, Hyundai A-League 2020/21, ABSA Premiership 2026/27)
3/10 domestic cups (Piala FA (Malaysia) 2019, Chinese FA Cup 2022-2023-2024, Telkom Knockout (S.Africa) 2026/27)
2/5 club continental championships (Asian Champions League 2025, CAF Champions League 2026)

International

1/5 continental tournaments (Africa Cup of Nations 2027)
0/2 world tournaments ()

Other titles

Piala Malaysia (2019)
Chinese FA Super Cup (2023-2024-2025)
CAF Super Cup (2027)
Nedbank Cup (2026-27)

Season   Team                         League           Cup1           Cup2          Continental    World                        Notes
2018     Home United          S-League -  5th         Winners      Winners         N/A          N/A       

A successful first (half) season! I took over the team who were firmly rooted in the bottom three, and although there was far too much work to do to mount a title challenge, we finished 5th and won both cups - winning 15 out of 20 games in total and losing just 2. Frustratingly, the Singapore League requires 3x U23 players in the starting 11, and then there was an U23 tournament in the middle of the season! I lost 4 players to that, but still coped well. My shining light for next season is this regen who came through at 4 stars at 16, quickly 4 1/2, and who scored a winning free kick in the Singapore Cup Final! A fairytale month for him.

I will be trying to get rid of a lot of the deadwood during the transfer window, and have got a couple of U23 players coming from Young Lions, and a new GK as mine as been 1 1/2 stars all season! A nice 10 points on the Hall of Fame board to start us off :D  Will be aiming for a domestic treble next season, and qualified for the AFC Cup by winning the domestic cup

Screen Shot 2019-03-07 at 23.00.06.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-07 at 23.00.10.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-07 at 23.00.25.png

Edited by Steve Cobble
reformat

On ‎10‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 09:42, Steve Cobble said:

Singapore is a joke of a league. You have to have 3 under 23 Singapore players in the starting 11, and yet I keep having god damn U23 international tournaments so they're all away! got 10 players on international duty for my next game...

Yeah it's a funny one.  I was only there for a single full season in the end.  Good luck getting your first cup off the list though :thup:

My PC has now been repaired and back with me so can continue with my challenge save - just finishing off the 2026 season with Ulsan, hope to have an update at the weekend.

2018     Home United                     5th                  Winners      Winners     
2019     Home United                     1st                  Winners      Semi Final   Winners (AFC CUP)   
2020/21  Melbourne Victory               1st/Winners          Runners Up     

A successful second and third season!

I romped comfortably to the title with Home United, also winning the League Cup and the AFC Cup along the way (I'm assuming the AFC Cup doesn't count as it appears to be the Asian Europa League equiv?)

After leaving Singapore at the end of the season I joined Melbourne Victory, and started studying for the Continental A. Although an initial difficulty was the players having no respect for me due to my lower reputation, after a couple of astute free signings (and having to release 4 new signings due to the league regulations I hadn't been aware of!) we once more comfortably stormed home to an A-League (Regular Season) victory, with a team record points and wins - although this was slightly tempered by losing the FFA Cup Final and the Hyundai A-League Finals to Melbourne City on penalties. Not sure if I'll stay on for next season or not

Challenge Progress

Club

2/10 top domestic leagues - Singapore S-League 19/20, Hyundai A-League 2020/21
1/10 domestic cups - RHB Singapore Cup 18/19,
0/5 club continental championships

International

0/2 world tournaments 

Other titles

New Paper League Cup 18/19, 19/20 (Home United)
AFC CUP 19/20 (Home United)