The Ultimate Football Manager Challenge - Silver Age Archive

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll have a look when I get home unless someone beats me to it.

However there's some new African International competitions as per this thread in the GD forum.

Those who have the beta will notice that there are four new playable African international competitions in Football Manager 2016. They are:

• African Championship of Nations (CHAN)
  • African Championship of Nations Qualifying (CHAN Qualifiers)
  • African U23 Cup of Nations
  • African U23 Cup of Nations Qualifying

The African Championship of Nations is similar to the the African Cup of Nations with the exception that players are only eligible if they are based within their own nation. The qualifying tournament is also included with regional qualifying groups, it begins in June 2015 and ends in October 2015. The final tournament takes place January 2016. These competitions take place every two years.

Also, for the first time, you can lead an African nation to the Olympic Games tournament with the African U23 Cup of Nations and qualifying tournament now playable. These competitions take place every four years in odd numbered years. The qualifiers first take place in April 2015 lasting through 'til August 2015. The main tournament will begin in November 2015.

I hope you enjoy playing them. :thup:

I'll have a look when I get home unless someone beats me to it.

However there's some new African International competitions as per this thread in the GD forum.

Nice one :thup:

Would have been nice with a few more African Leagues, but this at least can be a starting point for international management in this challenge :)

Pretty sure its exactly the same. I specifically updated the rules to clarify that the new CHAN competition is not the same as the ACON.

Certainly as far as this challenge is concerned, there is absolutely nothing new. I tinkered for a day. I don't want to discourage people from buying it, but in 20 years of playing CM / FM, I have never been so underwhelmed, because it's basically FM15 with updated transfers and minor cosmetic improvements.

Some of the problematic leagues to code, particularly MLS, may be better.

Of course I always figured that this challenge would take more than a year to complete, and was pleasantly surprised that it's now possible to buy the game in China.

As for when I will win the PL, well, hopefully before FM17, which surely has to develop the game graphically.

did notice the U23 african cup of nations when I took over Ivory coast. Didn't know if it was new or that I just hadn't seen it before.

Nice that they are adding more competitions. As TheEarl said a few actualy playable leagues would have been even better.

Vikeologist I agree completely. FM 16 feels more like a polished version of 15 than a new game.

Am still undecided if I should be happy to finally be playing a polished version or angry that it cost me 45euro to do so.

Am enjoing my safe. so thats something

I'd presume that the biggest hurdle for adding leagues is the level of information available. For the competition(s) itself and it's rules. The clubs/players/managers/coaches/scheduling of games and all that stuff. There may also be licencing issues to contend with as well as I noticed the Japanese league still isn't in the game again....or if it is I didn't see it.

Those of you who have tried FM16 BETA. Are there any new playable leagues or the same as FM15?

Just checked and the leagues available are the same as FM15.

FIF_NewCrestivoor_zpspavvpygt.png"]FIF_NewCrestivoor_zpspavvpygt.png[/url]

Table

As always a few months before the Olympics start the nations start looking for managers. Thinking this would be a perfect opportunity to gain some international experience.

Well, it certainly was an experience.

Before the tournament we played to friendlies. The first we lost against Japan with 3-1. The players were obviously struggling with the new tactics I brought with me. We played better in the second friendly but couldn't convert that to goals as we drew 0-0 to the USA.

Tournament time.

The first game against Denmark was a disaster. Conceding in the 5th minute for the first of 3 times. we managed to get one back late in the game but the damage was done. Second game was even worse. 3-0 flattered us as Mexico destroyed us. But not all hope was lost. We could still qualify. We had to win against south Korea with 3 or more goals and Mexico had to lose woth 3 or more. Stranger things have happened in football, so we went into our third game, if not optimistic, at least hopefull.

we went down quickly 2-0 to put an end to that line if tought. The second half we played our best football during my tenure. We managed to get two back and hung on to the draw.

So we where out of the tournament and I was out Ivory coast. On my way back to China I got a polite but firm phonecall asking me not to come near Ivory coast again for the foreseeable future.

Club Career

Season		Team		league			pos		notes
2015		Dalian Aerbin	Chinese 1st division	10th		team was 15th when I took over

International Career

Year		Team			Competition		Result			notes
2016		U23 Ivory coast		Olympics		4th in group stage	

Quick question to those playing FM16, have any of you applied for a FULL international job, I know karax268 above has took over an U23 squad, but the three times I've applied (Cameroon/Slovenia/Ivory Coast) the moment I apply I'm instantly rejected, granted my managerial stock isn't high but I'm wondering if this is working as intended or a bug.

EDIT. And one moment later I find my answer, apparantly it is a known issue and is under review.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/438803-International-Management

Hello!

Just thought I would leave a message here. After finishing the challenge (finally) I lost a bit motivation for this Challenge. Just to say though I have loved it so much. I feel I need to read this thread at least 2-4 times a day to check on your guys progress.

I have decided to not play so much and at least not this Challenge for a while, but I might come back with a vengance with FM16 later. For now I have started my own challenge, that you can find as: The Earl ultimate Ultimate Football Manager Challenge. It has a lot of similarities to the one I thought I would challenge my self to try here, but also some differences. Feel free to check it out, its not meant to take people away from this one and it is possible to cross-play, though I would not suggest it as it will hamper your progress here.

I will definately keep reading this thread (probably still everyday), and I will try to make some more in depth comments to each and one of you, but for now it will not be more updates on my savegames here for quite some time.

Good luck to all of you!!!

Hey im after a league setup 80000-100000 players that woild allow me to do this challenge without having to load any new leagues or take leagues out?

Hello LeedsUnited.

I have never tried that many players (usually around 40000-45000 my self) , but I would suggest something like:

England (Down to Tier 5)

France (Down to Tier 4)

Spain (Down to Tier 2)

Germany (Down to Tier 2)

Italy (Down to Tier 3)

+ 3-5 other European Leagues of your choice (I would certainly put Portugal as one and Holland as one of them)

Brazil (Down to Tier 2)

Argentina (Down to Tier 2)

+ maybe 1 more S.American country

USA (MLS only)

Mexico (Down to Tier 2)

South Africa (Down to Tier 2)

South Korea (Down to Tier 2)

China (Superleague only)

Australia (A-League only)

Here you have 13+ countries and you need to win "only" 10 of them. Then if there is room for more players, I would add players from nations that might get you involved in International Management. I would definitely start with the African Nations then like Ghana, Nigeria, Ivory Coast and Cameroon.

I don't know how many players that will be, you just have to check as I have never loaded all those leagues at once. But these are leagues that should see you able to complete this challenge. I only recommend bottom leagues in England and France as you can get a job there (I started at Bristol Rovers in Conference League, and my brother even got started at Carlisle in League Two., there is a guy in the forum here that started at a French club so that is possible also), but you might get only offers from lower reputation countries with this setup. Would be nice to hear from you what kind of clubs that offer you a position within the first 6 months or so.

Good luck!!!

Everyone please note before giving any more serious replies to LeedsUnited99999999999 that he has already been banned from the forums.

Just don't want anyone to waste time typing out another well thought-out post for someone who isn't even here because of obvious misconduct...

Welcome to the challenge, GwilymJJames!

I do believe in the short history of this challenge that you are the first to take an international job before a club gig! Best of luck to you when you do find your first club, and of course with the youth of Wales! :D

Is that button grayed out already, before you've even confirmed? I had that a bit in FM2015, just holiday for one day and it should sort itself out. If you're on the FM16 beta, also do us all a favour and go and post about it in Bug Reports :-)

Yeah, greyed out because of the two conflicting rules. I would report it, but someone else has had the same issue.

E: Holiday got me past.

801_zpsm1dsdxig.png

2015 - Wales Under 19s

The U19 qualifiying group draw saw us against favourites Russia, group hosts Slovenia, and whipping boys the Faroe Islands.

Faroe Islands 1-2 Wales

Slovenia 2-2 Russia

Faroe Islands 2-4 Russia

Slovenia 0-0 Wales

Wales 0-2 Russia

A dominant-but-late win against Faroe Islands and a dominant-but-goalless draw against Slovenia had put us in a good position going into the final games, but Russia were far too strong for us; and so we were relying on the Faroe Islands shocking Slovenia to keep us in. And in the 86th minute, Kjartan Hentze fired in an equalizer for the Islands that could well have saved us, if they could hold on, all the way through, 88, 89, 90, 90+1, 90+2...

At this point, Admir Stanarevic scored a second goal for Slovenia.

Slovenia 2-1 Faroe Islands

Bugger.

Squad

Ah well, moving on, I decided to start looking for club roles. And as luck would have it, a job emerged somehere I thought I might have a lovely time.

bangorhire_zps9bciae0i.png

Season   Team         Position Notes and Achievements
----------------------------------------------------
2015-16  Wales U19    3rd 1QR  

Challenge Progress

Club
 0/10 top domestic leagues ()
 0/10 domestic cups ()
 0/5 club continental championships ()
 0/1 club world championship

International
 0/5 continental tournaments ()
 0/2 world tournaments ()

FM 15 - Donald Duxbury (Fighting 'round the world)

Profile 1

Profile 2

Introducing Donald Duxbury - a young loudmouth college dropout from New York. Son of the famous Duxbury family and borrowing several plot lines form the Talented Mr Ripley his rich shipping daddy, fearing societal shame after his son's expulsion from an elite ivy league university has decided to send him off overseas to become a football (or soccer?) manager. Can the Talented Mr Duxbury live up to the family name? Or is he doomed to spend the rest of his years bumbling around the depth of Mongolia searching for a win?

After deciding to "find himself" in Asia, I applied to numerous jobs in China and Korea and was laughed out of every place from Jeonbukakguku to Zhongjiahuakong. I actually scored interviews with Beijing and Shanghai SIPG - so clearly there were some big clubs interested in my talents and my famous pappie's name. Ultimately only one club would take a punt on me, and that was the rather curiously titled Newcastle United Jets in the Australia A-League.

170px-Newcastle_United_Jets_Logo.svg.png

Well where to begin? Firstly I was rather interested in managing in Australia but soon the harsh reality of that would creep up on me. The Jets are probably the worst team in the league. They also had an extremely young squad which necessitated me bringing in so much needed quality and experience. First off my marquee signing in John Daly from Rangers on a free transfer and then the enormously talented, but perhaps luxury playmaker in Iraqi Nashat Akram for the paltry sum of 15k.

Results were largely poor, and the economic situation of managing Newcastle, as well as the extremely low ambition of just "upholding the club's honour" didn't exactly chime with my own motivation. In short, it was the wrong club, the wrong man and perhaps the wrong league. The only respite and motivating factor for me was the Australian Cup - in which I went to the semi-finals. I would face Brisbane Roar and knew that a win would see me play against NPL side Marconi Stallions in the final. This gave me a great chance to score some silverware straight away. Alas it was not to be, and a dour 0-0 and equally dour penalty shootout loss in which I missed 3 kicks saw me falter.

With this in mind and my ever-increasing boredom and inability to settle in Australia - I decided to call it quits and tender my resignation. I think I might well have been pushed before I walked as I was slowly losing the dressing room and just couldn't get on terms with my squad. After losing 1-0 to a last penalty against rivals Central Coast Mariners - I was so enraged that the player's never really looked at me the same way again. So, its 7 games and out and a cup-semi and I'm heading for P45 already.

Funnily enough my stewardship in signings and sorting the staff out, helped my predecessor lead the Jets to 1st place after I left. I'm claiming the victory there. (Okay maybe not.)

Challenge Progress

Club

0/10 top domestic leagues

0/10 domestic cups

0/5 club continental championships

International

0/5 continental tournaments

0/2 world tournaments

Season	League	Team				Achievements
======================================================================================
15/16	AUS     Newcastle Jets		        Left after 7 games, FFA Cup Semi-final         

After sitting out of action for almost 6 months and getting rebuffed for nearly every single job I applied for (Jeju laughed at me) I suddenly came across this little gem sitting in my inbox. I furiously had to delay my successful job interview at Mohun Bagan in India and leap at this chance.

South China are a huge club in Hong Kong and it would give me a real good opportunity to establish myself in the game. I would be stupid to turn it down.

200px-SCAA_logo.svg.png

The finances are just insane for a club of this size. A 40,000 all-seater stadium, a 250k transfer budget and a remit to win the league by any mean's necessary by signing high-profile players.

Competitions

http://i.imgur.com/iEg326Y.jpg

League: 1st place (completely dominant from start to finish. Nobody challenged me at all. I could have ended the season unbeaten but lost my final game against Kitchee.)

Senior Shield: 1st round (a terrible 1st round loss to Citizen. We scored 3 but conceded 5 in a shambolic performance. Easily my worst of the season.)

FA Cup: Winners!* (A comfortable 2-0 win over Citizen in the final, which saw us clinch the double despite a few key injuries.)

AFC Cup: Quarter finals (ongoing. See below)

*The Senior Shield is essentially the 'cup' of Hong Kong. I don't consider this FA cup-win an actual cup-win for the purposes of this challenge.

Key Players:

Sean Tse - a complete rock at the back. The Irish-Hong Kong defender/midfielder made his debut for the HK national team and led my team from the back.

Evan Kostopoulos - 20 odd goals. He was the main reason why I'm celebrating my maiden title right now.

Godfred - signed to keep up my Hong Kong player quota. He led the line along with Kostopoulos and helped me romp to the title.

Rocky Visconte - a canny little Aussie winger signed on a free transfer. Instantly slotted into the side on the left-wing and never let me down.

Why am I leaving?

Well firstly the Hong Kong league is broken. Unfortunately the Asian Qualification doesn't work correctly meaning that every year the game generates two teams from the lower division (non Premier League) when it should be between the Senior Shield, FA Cup winners, and 2nd and 3rd placed teams. Because of this, my team was actually parachuted into this competition this season despite not being qualified to do so from last season. Its a massive bug and unfortunately means I can't continue.

In addition to this, I think the board are imposing some quite stupid demands on me. (Like winning the AFC Cup.) The talent just isn't there in Hong Kong and you can't establish anything with the talent on offer unless you are willing to spend a good 10 to 15 years here. You used to be able to play China PR players and they would obtain Hong Kong nationality after two years and this would help plug the immediate gap - but this isn't the case anymore. Therefore I don't see myself being able to challenge and push myself further by managing here. The Hong Kong league will get deactivated and will be replaced with the Indonesia league from next season.

My last ever game in charge of South China would be a 4-2 home win in the 2nd round of the AFC Cup to Burmese side Kanbawza. Despite winning and scoring 4, it was a shocking performance. I laid into my team at the full-time whistle and they all kicked up a fuss. Whatever. I ain't here anymore, so bitch to my replacement instead.

It does suck to leave these guys but I can't manage in a broken league. I will take my National C qualification and Cantonese phrasebook and look back with fondness of my time at South China.

Challenge Progress

Club

1/10 top domestic leagues (Hong Kong)

0/10 domestic cups

0/5 club continental championships

International

0/5 continental tournaments

0/2 world tournaments

Languages: English, Spanish, Cantonese.

Season	League		Team			    Achievements
======================================================================================
15/16	AUS     	Newcastle Jets		    Left after 7 games, FFA Cup Semi-final    
16/17   HKG	        South China AA              League and FA Cup winners. AFC Cup quarter-finals    

So after spending the next few months finishing up my National B license. I found myself as the new manager of Chinese Super League side, Liaoning, based in the far north of the country right near the North Korean border.

150px-LiaoningWhowinFC.png

The club is in a bit of a mess. They shouldn't get relegated, but the finances are hideous, the big earners are now moving on and I'll be tasked with clearing out the entire squad over the winter and building up a team of young and hungry (read: cheap and cheerful) players in order to stave off further trouble next season.

The team is currently 13th and 8 points clear with 4 games remaining. So barring an absolute hideous run of form I should stave off relegation for this season. The board asked for midtable, so I'm not quite sure if they are ******** or just genuinely stupid. The main aim is surviving you silly gits. Worry about trying to achieve 10th place with nothing to spend next season.

Kaba - Congrats on your success in Hong Kong. My understanding is that all the top league teams enter the FA Cup, and so it therefore does count as a domestic cup. There is a precedent in South Africa. Some nations have more than 1 cup that counts towards the challenge.

Welcome to the financial hellhole that is Chinese mainland football.

For those that may be new to the thread, I do a secondary update for my blog at (http://americanwerewolffootball.wordpress.com) detailing what happened in the leagues I'm planning on managing later on (8 of 10 countries I post from) along with the winners of each of the continental competitions and international competitions -- along with an awards update.

I post this here because Vikeologist can't access WordPress where he lives, so I cross-post both of my yearly updates on my blog and here. I hope you enjoy it, just letting you know there's a method to my madness. :)

-----

2019/20 World Competitions Update

Top Domestic Leagues

Barclay’s Premier League: Chelsea, City, United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Newcastle

Three straight for Jurgen Klopp’s Chelsea, with Newcastle being this campaign’s surprise package in qualifying for the Europa League.

La Liga: Barcelona, Real Madrid, Valencia

Finally, a huge shake-up at the top as Real’s run of five straight titles has ended, and Atletico has fallen from the podium places. (Spain has now been loaded for play, beginning 2021)

Bundesliga: Bayern Munich, Dortmund, FC Schalke 04

It’s not even fair anymore, as Bayern win their eighth straight Bundesliga. Schalke has revived to knock Leverkusen out of the podium places. I do feel it is important to note, that during this eight-season run, Bayern has failed to make even a UEFA Champions League Final, much less win it. (Germany has now been loaded for play, beginning 2021)

Serie A: Juventus, Inter, Napoli

That is now five straight for The Old Lady, and three straight runner-up performances for Inter. Napoli has joined the revolving door for second-best-loser.

Ligue 1: Paris Saint-Germain, Olympique Marseille, AS Monaco FC

It is almost getting silly with Ligue 1 and the Bundseliga, as both now have the same champion for eight seasons straight. OM and Monaco flipped places this season. PSG was close to the same indignity as Bayern until they lost in the UEFA Champions League Final this season, their first appearance in the Final in this save.

Eredivisie: Feyenoord, FC Twente, Ajax

Another long-time repeat champion, as the Dutch giants Feyenoord claim their sixth straight piece of league silverware.

South African Premier: Kaizer Chiefs, Orlando Pirates, Sundowns

Three out of four of the last championships have gone to the SA titans. Pirates always still give a good run, and Sundowns make the podium for the first time since 2015.

Hyundai Olibank K League Classic: Suwan, Jeonbuk, Chunnam

A major shakeup on the South Korean podium provides some variety for us. Suwon makes the podium with their first podium finish, not to mention title, in this save. Ulsan spends a season in freefall.

Club Continental Championships

UEFA Champions League: Real Madrid over Paris Saint-Germain — Leverkusen, Barcelona — Semis

UEFA Europa League: AS Monaco FC over Tottenham Hotspur — FC Schalke 04, Valencia — Semis

Asian Champions League: Okayama FC over Al-Shabab (KSA) — Saitama UTD, Al-Jazira (UAE) — Semis

African Champions League: Kaizer Chiefs over Zamalek — ES Tunis, Al-Ahly — Semis

CONCACAF Champions League: Monterrey over America (MEX) — D.C. United, Chivas — Semis

Copa Libertadores: San Lorenzo over Boca — Velez, Cruz Azul — Semis

FIFA Club World Cup: Real Madrid over San Lorenzo — Melbourne City FC, Monterrey — Semis

International Tournament Updates

UEFA Euros: Croatia over England (1-0) — Italy, France — Semis

Asian Cup of Nations: Next Held 2023

Copa America: Next Held 2023

Gold Cup: Next Held 2021

African Cup of Nations: Next Held 2021

FIFA World Cup: Next Held 2022

FIFA Confederations Cup: Next Held 2021

2019/20 World Awards Update

FIFA Ballon D’Or: Lionel Messi — (J. Rodriguez, L. Suarez)

World Golden Ball: Lionel Messi – (L. Suarez, J. Rodriguez)

Best Player In Europe: Lionel Messi – (E. Hazard, A. Robben)

European Golden Boy: Julian Etcheverry (Toulouse FC)

UEFA Golden Boot: Federico Bonazzoli — (J. Etcheverry, R. Lewandowski)

World Team of the Year: M. Neuer, P. Lahm, M. Hummels, E. Mammana, J. Gaya, J. Rodriguez, P. Pogba, M. Odegaard, M. Kovavic, C. Ronaldo, L. Messi, J. Rulli, E. Can, A. Perez, L. Suarez, G. Higuain, J. Boateng, D. Costa

-----

A very interesting year, and there is definitely some fun things being seen throughout the save that we can take a short look at!

Lionel Messi’s Ballon D’Or award is now his eight overall counting this save, and he has now won five of the last six from this save, with the lone award he didn’t win going to Isco. No one has ever taken the World Golden Ball from Leo in this save, either, with him now winning six straight. So much for that Leo/CR7 debate, at least in this world.

Bonazzoli parlayed his amazing skills winning the Golden Boot, mainly with Sampdoria, into a big-money move to Arsenal in the BPL, with his transfer costing £32.5M up front, with addons taking it to £49.5M. They are currently viewed as the richest club in the world, though, so they can afford it.

England continued their strong showings in international tournaments with another runner-up finish in the 2020 Euros. After shocking the world with their World Cup Final appearance and loss to Spain in World Cup 2018, the English have now moved to be viewed as the #1 side in the World Rankings, even with the loss in the final to Croatia at Euro 2020. Gary Cahill captained the team in both the 2018 and 2020 runs, and has just retired the captaincy along with announcing his retirement from soccer at the end of this season at his club, CSKA Moscow, where he has played since leaving Chelsea in June of 2019.

Wayne Rooney, for those interested, was not included in the 2018 World Cup squad, and was released from Manchester United in June of 2019, and never played for another club before announcing his retirement.

The England captaincy has now been passed to Jordan Henderson, who is still captain of Liverpool, with his vice-captain being Harry Kane of Tottenham.

Thanks as always for following American Werewolf Football, and we’ll see you at the conclusion of the September transfer window to let you know how Stevenage FC did in their maiden Premier League voyage! :)

Kaba - Congrats on your success in Hong Kong. My understanding is that all the top league teams enter the FA Cup, and so it therefore does count as a domestic cup. There is a precedent in South Africa. Some nations have more than 1 cup that counts towards the challenge.

Welcome to the financial hellhole that is Chinese mainland football.

I'm still not counting it. :p (That's just my personal preference.)

Yeah China is crazy. Shanghai SIPG are in the 2nd division and are currently in admin. Beijing also got relegated last season as well. It seems so easy to lose money in China and wind up in trouble, no matter how big you are as a club. My club were actually due to move into their own stadium in two years time but apparently the board have decided to shelve the plans because I'm 2m in debt.

Kaba - seriously hard-core turning your nose up at lesser trophies. Frankly if anybody gave me a ribbon for effort, I'd probably try to claim it as a challenge achievement at the moment.

Actually, I'm being misleading. It's the start of January and for the first time in my many years at Newcastle (not including odd days when we've played a game earlier) we're top of the table, having just beaten (champions for the last 2 years) Chelsea.

Now we've just got to stay there.

Didn't get much playing time in last week but managed to finish my first full season.

Yeah China is crazy. Shanghai SIPG are in the 2nd division and are currently in admin. Beijing also got relegated last season as well. It seems so easy to lose money in China and wind up in trouble, no matter how big you are as a club. My club were actually due to move into their own stadium in two years time but apparently the board have decided to shelve the plans because I'm 2m in debt.

It seems I got lucky. Our losses aren't that severe and my chairman covers the losses. At least untill now

Karax - are you in the top division yet? That's when it will get crazy. Can you even sign foreigners in the first division? Look forward to hearing how the first season went.

I think this thread is almost as active as ever. We've lost some people to the shiny newness, and gained a couple of newbies. The thing is that the people ion Fm16 are probably playing crazily, whereas for those of us on 15 its the same old same old. However I've definitely been stepping up my play with the possibility of Geordie glory a real possibility.

I think today is the anniversary of my starting this save, though it's hard to say because I only posted about it when I'd finished the season.

Season report 2016

Dalian Aerbin

aerbin_zpss6xye35a.jpg"]aerbin_zpss6xye35a.jpg[/url]

Competitions

We Finished last year strong but overall the board wasn't happy to be in the 1st division. So they gave me a bagfull of money and license to use it. I got a transfer budget of three million and my wage budget almost quintupled.

First I renewed all the contracts of our best players. They wanted a big payraise which I just couldn't afford earlier. The team was allready strong and with a few good signings I felt confident for the upcoming season.

We hit the ground running. Winning 5 in a row before drawing to Hainiu. Both Yanbian and Beikong tried to keep up with us but neither stood a chance. We eventually won the league with a margin of ten points.

We are back in the Super league :D

The cup was pretty straightforward. We won against lower league opposition in the 2nd round, same division team hainiu in the 3th, before falling to defeat against higher division Ghangzou. It was a tight game which they eventually won 2-1.

Next season

Staying up is the only goal I care about next year and it should be possible. We have a strong squad. Budgets stay the same but there is still plenty room there.

I signed a one year extension just after the season ended. So next year will be (in all probability) my last year with Dalian. Unless we suddenly turn out to be title contenders, I want to move to richer pastures.

Club Career

Season		Team		league			pos		notes
2015		Dalian Aerbin	Chinese 1st division	10th		team was 15th when I took over
2016		Dalian Aerbin	Chinese 1st division	1st		Promoted. Out of cup in fourth round 

International Career

Year		Team			Competition		Result			notes
2016		U23 Ivory coast		Olympics		4th in group stage	left after olympics

Vikeologist

If i remember correctly you can have 3 foreigners in the 1st division and 4/5 in the super league.

i had tought finances would be better in the super league. TV income etc should increase.

Lenzar

Clubs do take your age in consideration. So its more difficult to land good jobs early on

Season 2079/80 - Hamburg

NBK9v39.png

League | Schedule Part 1, Part 2 & Part 3

Another season of improvement: we started the season with eleven consecutive games without defeat in the league, and ended with seven straight wins, but in the middle of the season we couldn't keep the level of consistency needed and eventually finished in 2nd, 4 points behind champion Bayern - at least a step forward, if slightly disappointing not to have added one of the two remaining challenge landmarks.

Our UEFA coefficient needs some work, demonstrated here by an absolute Group of Death with Chelsea and my former clubs Porto and Barcelona. It went predictably, aside from an impressive win over Barca which contributed to a third-place finish. A good run to the Quarter Final of the Europa League ensued, before Anderlecht put us out of the competition on penalties.

The financial situation is naturally improving with Champions League football and the good control of finances you can have when you manage somewhere for 5+ years. This year was a very nice step forward, and now we just need to push over the line and finally get that Bundesliga title.

Challenge Progress

Club

9/10 top domestic leagues (ARG, ENG, ESP, FRA, IND, ITA, KOR, POR, USA)

11/10 domestic cups (AUS, BRA, DEU, ENG, ESP, FRA, IND, ITA, KOR, MEX, POR)

4/5 club continental championships (Africa, Asia, N.Am., S.Am.)

1/1 club world championship

International

5/5 continental tournaments (Africa, Asia, Europe, N.Am., S.Am.)

2/2 world tournaments (WC, Confed.)

Seasons

[b]CLUB CAREER
                               Leagues        Cups
Season        Club           1st      2nd    1st  2nd   Cont.   CWC   Other & Notes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/b]
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10293382&viewfull=1#post10293382"]2014/15[/url]  RSA  Ajax CT        12th                                     Took over with 3 games remaining, in 15th
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10300708&viewfull=1#post10300708"]2015/16[/url]  RSA  Ajax CT                         R2   R1                 Sacked after 16 games, in 16th
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10303555&viewfull=1#post10303555"]2016/17[/url]  AUS  Wanderers       6th             QF
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10304928&viewfull=1#post10304928"]2017/18[/url]  AUS  Wanderers                       won                     Sacked after 22 games, in 10th
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10307684&viewfull=1#post10307684"]2018/19[/url]  IND  Dempo                           GS                      Sacked after 19 games, in 11th
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10307686&viewfull=1#post10307686"]2019/20[/url]  IND  Bengaluru       6th             SF   F
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10308840&viewfull=1#post10308840"]2020/21[/url]  IND  Bengaluru       2nd             won  F
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10309223&viewfull=1#post10309223"]2021/22[/url]  IND  Bengaluru       1st             GS   won  CC R2
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10310746&viewfull=1#post10310746"]2022/23[/url]  IND  Bengaluru       2nd             won  F    CL Q3E
2023/24  IND  Bengaluru                                 CC QF         Resigned after CC QF defeat/before league season
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10311637&viewfull=1#post10311637"]2024[/url]     KOR  Jeju            5th             SF
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10312184&viewfull=1#post10312184"]2025[/url]     KOR  Jeju            8th             SF
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10315123&viewfull=1#post10315123"]2026[/url]     KOR  Jeju            8th             QF
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10315476&viewfull=1#post10315476"]2027[/url]     KOR  Jeju                            QF                      Left for Pohang after 32 games, in 7th
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10315574&viewfull=1#post10315574"]2027[/url]     KOR  Pohang          5th             won                     Took over with 6 games remaining, in 5th
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10315799&viewfull=1#post10315799"]2028[/url]     KOR  Pohang                                    CL GS         Sacked after 16 games, in 5th
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10316174&viewfull=1#post10316174"]2028[/url]     KOR  Jeonbuk         5th             SF                      Took over with 20 games remaining, in 7th
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10316418&viewfull=1#post10316418"]2029[/url]     KOR  Jeonbuk                         R4                      Sacked after 35 games, in 7th
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10316941&viewfull=1#post10316941"]2030[/url]     KOR  Jeju                                                    Left for Wellington after 16 games, in 4th
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10318180&viewfull=1#post10318180"]2030/31[/url]  AUS  Wellington     10th
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10318682&viewfull=1#post10318682"]2031/32[/url]  AUS  Wellington     10th
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10319183&viewfull=1#post10319183"]2032/33[/url]  AUS  Wellington      7th
2033/34  AUS  Wellington                                              Left for Perth after 4 games, in 6th
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10320899&viewfull=1#post10320899"]2033/34[/url]  AUS  Perth           9th                                     Took over with 23 games remaining, in 10th
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10324389&viewfull=1#post10324389"]2034/35[/url]  AUS  Perth           7th
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10325023&viewfull=1#post10325023"]2035/36[/url]  AUS  Perth           5th/SF
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10325999&viewfull=1#post10325999"]2036/37[/url]  AUS  Perth                                                   Left for Seoul after 12 games, in 2nd
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10328698&viewfull=1#post10328698"]2037[/url]     KOR  Seoul           1st             SF        CL won  3rd
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10331855&viewfull=1#post10331855"]2038/39[/url]  MEX  Chivas          6th/SF  3rd/ F  QF  won
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10334689&viewfull=1#post10334689"]2039/40[/url]  MEX  Chivas         11th     2nd/QF            CL won
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10337084&viewfull=1#post10337084"]2041[/url]     USA  New York        1st/won         R4
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10343465&viewfull=1#post10343465"]2042[/url]     BRA  Internacional   5th     1st/won won                     Reached 1,000 games in management
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10344573&viewfull=1#post10344573"]2043[/url]     BRA  Internacional           1st/won SF        CL QF         Left for Lanus after 34 national games, in 7th
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10352543&viewfull=1#post10352543"]2044[/url]     ARG  Lanus           6th             R5        CS P2E
2045     ARG  Lanus                           R5                      Left for Velez after 15 games, in 11th
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10353380&viewfull=1#post10353380"]2045[/url]     ARG  Velez           4th/1st                   CS QF    F    Took over with 14 games remaining, in 1st
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10354464&viewfull=1#post10354464"]2046[/url]     ARG  Velez           5th/4th         R7        CL won   won
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10356295&viewfull=1#post10356295"]2047[/url]     ARG  Velez           1st             R7        CL QF
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10361939&viewfull=1#post10361939"]2049/50[/url]  FRA  Monaco          4th             F   R4    EL GS         Sacked after final game of season
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10367357&viewfull=1#post10367357"]2050/51[/url]  ITA  Inter           4th             F         EL R2
2051/52  ITA  Inter                                                   Sacked after 16 games, in 14th
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10374210&viewfull=1#post10374210"]2051/52[/url]  ITA  Lazio           8th                                     Took over with 21 games remaining, in 12th
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10375725&viewfull=1#post10375725"]2052/53[/url]  ITA  Lazio                                                   Sacked after 5 games, in 17th
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10378151&viewfull=1#post10378151"]2054/55[/url]  RSA  Wits           10th                 R1                  Took over with 12 games remaining, in 13th
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10380347&viewfull=1#post10380347"]2055/56[/url]  RSA  Wits                            R1  R1    CL won   5th  Left for Valencia after 29 games, in 8th
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10386489&viewfull=1#post10386489"]2056/57[/url]  ESP  Valencia        7th             R5        EL GS         Sacked after final game of season
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10397930&viewfull=1#post10397930"]2057/58[/url]  FRA  Monaco          3rd             SF  F     EL won
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10406163&viewfull=1#post10406163"]2058/59[/url]  FRA  Monaco          2nd             SF  R4    EL F
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10407815&viewfull=1#post10407815"]2059/60[/url]  FRA  Monaco          1st             won QF    CL R1
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10412689&viewfull=1#post10412689"]2060/61[/url]  ITA  Roma            3rd             R1        CL QF
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10417504&viewfull=1#post10417504"]2061/62[/url]  ITA  Roma            3rd             R1        CL GS
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10421434&viewfull=1#post10421434"]2062/63[/url]  ITA  Roma            3rd             F         EL F          Reached 2,000 games in management
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10424342&viewfull=1#post10424342"]2063/64[/url]  ITA  Roma                            QF        CL QF         Resigned after 33 games, in 8th
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10432686&viewfull=1#post10432686"]2064/65[/url]  ITA  Lazio          10th             R1
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10441214&viewfull=1#post10441214"]2065/65[/url]  ITA  Lazio           9th             QF
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10444427&viewfull=1#post10444427"]2066/67[/url]  ITA  Juventus        1st             won       CL R1
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10456016&viewfull=1#post10456016"]2067/68[/url]  ESP  Valencia        2nd             QF        EL GS
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10457484&viewfull=1#post10457484"]2068/69[/url]  ESP  Barcelona       1st             won       EL R1
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10466647&viewfull=1#post10466647"]2069/70[/url]  ENG  Man City        7th             R3        EL won        Took over with 23 games remaining, in 10th
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10477215&viewfull=1#post10477215"]2070/71[/url]  ENG  Man City        3rd             R4  R3    CL R1
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10488910&viewfull=1#post10488910"]2071/72[/url]  ENG  Man City        1st             won R4    EL SF
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10491286&viewfull=1#post10491286"]2072/73[/url]  POR  FCP             1st             won won   EL QF         Reached 2,500 games in management
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10499149&viewfull=1#post10499149"]2073/74[/url]  ENG  Fulham         11th             R4                      Took over with 18 games remaining, in 17th
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10501194&viewfull=1#post10501194"]2074/75[/url]  DEU  Hamburg         8th             F
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10503778&viewfull=1#post10503778"]2075/76[/url]  DEU  Hamburg         6th             R3
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10515915&viewfull=1#post10515915"]2076/77[/url]  DEU  Hamburg         4th             R3        EL GS
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10517765&viewfull=1#post10517765"]2077/78[/url]  DEU  Hamburg         7th             R3        EL F
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/437486-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager-Challenge?p=10528326&viewfull=1#post10528326"]2078/79[/url]  DEU  Hamburg         3rd             won
2079/80  DEU  Hamburg         2nd             QF        EL QF

[b]INTERNATIONAL CAREER

Rank         Cups
Year  Nation           FIFA  NL   World  Cont. Conf. Other & Notes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/b]
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10319061&viewfull=1#post10319061"]2032[/url]  Saudi Arabia      12                           Joined 11th Jul, 29th in FIFA Rankings
2033  Saudi Arabia      25
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10324149&viewfull=1#post10324149"]2034[/url]  Saudi Arabia      49         GS
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10324251&viewfull=1#post10324251"]2035[/url]  Saudi Arabia                        won        Resigned 4th Feb, 38th in FIFA Rankings
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10325999&viewfull=1#post10325999"]2036[/url]  Norway            61   C                       Joined 27th Jul, 54th in FIFA Rankings
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10328698&viewfull=1#post10328698"]2037[/url]  Norway            57
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10331855&viewfull=1#post10331855"]2038[/url]  Norway            44   B
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10334689&viewfull=1#post10334689"]2039[/url]  Norway            39                           Resigned 14th Nov, 39th in FIFA Rankings
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10343465&viewfull=1#post10343465"]2042[/url]  Tunisia           36                           Joined 20th Jul, 42nd in FIFA Rankings
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10344573&viewfull=1#post10344573"]2043[/url]  Tunisia                             GS         Resigned 27th Jan, 37th in FIFA Rankings
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10356295&viewfull=1#post10356295"]2047[/url]  South Africa      22                           Joined 17th Feb, 10th in FIFA Rankings
2048  South Africa      19
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10357754&viewfull=1#post10357754"]2049[/url]  South Africa                        won        Resigned 7th Feb, 19th in FIFA Rankings
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10361939&viewfull=1#post10361939"]2049[/url]  USA               14                           Joined 1st Aug, 9th in FIFA Rankings
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10367357&viewfull=1#post10367357"]2050[/url]  USA               19         GS
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10374210&viewfull=1#post10374210"]2051[/url]  USA                                 won        Resigned 30th Jul, 31st in FIFA Rankings
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10375725&viewfull=1#post10375725"]2052[/url]  Spain              9                           Joined 21st Jul, 7th in FIFA Rankings
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10375893&viewfull=1#post10375893"]2053[/url]  Spain             10  won                      Reached 1,500 games in management
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10377133&viewfull=1#post10377133"]2054[/url]  Spain              1         won               Left for Brazil 2nd Aug, 1st in FIFA Rankings
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10378151&viewfull=1#post10378151"]2054[/url]  Brazil            14                           Joined 3rd Aug, 13th in FIFA Rankings
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10380347&viewfull=1#post10380347"]2055[/url]  Brazil            15                GS
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10386489&viewfull=1#post10386489"]2056[/url]  Brazil             2
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10397930&viewfull=1#post10397930"]2057[/url]  Brazil             6
2058  Brazil                       R1                Sacked 15th Jul, 6th in FIFA Rankings
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10406163&viewfull=1#post10406163"]2058[/url]  Spain              8   A                       Joined 21st Jul, 8th in FIFA Rankings
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10407815&viewfull=1#post10407815"]2059[/url]  Spain             18
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10412689&viewfull=1#post10412689"]2060[/url]  Spain              2                won
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10417504&viewfull=1#post10417504"]2061[/url]  Spain                 won                 won  Resigned 9th Jul, 2nd in FIFA Rankings
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10421434&viewfull=1#post10421434"]2062[/url]  Brazil             6                           Joined 23rd Jul, 6th in FIFA Rankings
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405927-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager?p=10421529&viewfull=1#post10421529"]2063[/url]  Brazil                              won        Resigned 7th Jul, 8th in FIFA Rankings

NW - A bit exciting to see your name come up as the latest post, in case you've completed the challenge. Hopefully next season will do it, although of course we wouldn't want to lose you to the challenge. I understand what you mean by having control of the finances after 5 seasons, but for me its kind of working the other way. I need to win now, whatever the cost. Newcastle is now more in the red than ever in my reign of mediocrity, although of course all that debt will be wiped out because we'll have a lot of cash come in over the last month of the season. As for the Fair play thingy we're showing a projected profit of 80 mill, but I'm a bit worried that we're above the allowed yearly player wage expenditure threshold, even though we're under the allowed yearly player wage expenditure. I'm a little bit annoyed that it seems you have to be an accountant to play this game now. Should I be worried? Does anyone understand what the difference is?

Game crashed. I would go back and redo it, but I'd miss out on a load of decent results I had. (Well actually it was just 4 points but one was a 2-2 draw after being 2-0 down at 80 minutes.) It just seems counter-productive. I'm think I'm just gonna resign from this current job. I was on August 28th, but now I have to restart on July 28th.

There is no money whatsoever at this club and it seems pointless wasting time here when I could find a club that would at least pay the 500 quid to do my coaching badges. I don't think a 13th place finish is really gonna boost my reputation that much. I'm 11th right now and there is no way I can ever hope to finish higher than that with this club.

P45 time!

Vikeologist's 2045/46 Newcastle and Brazil End of Season Report

th?id=OIP.M2a29c24c9186d66d6eace673f49735b5H0&pid=15.1

22 July 2015. I won the European Championship with Holland. I fully expected 2 days later to add to my tally with the Confederations Cup. I was on top of the world, and had a good shot at being the first to finish this challenge.

111 days later.....

I have finally progressed in this challenge, winning the FA Cup. I thought it wasn’t going to happen. Our captain, Brad Newby gave away a penalty and then in the second half received a straight red for a professional foul. However, even though we by far the worse side even before going down to 10 men, our promising 19 year-old defender (who has started precisely 1 game for the senior side in his career) popped up with the winning goal in the closing minutes. It was underserved but it counted.

We reached the semi-final of the Champions League, (another second leg collapse to Man Utd).

But the main event was the Premier League. In the first half of the season there were about 8 teams swopping places at the top, including us. Then in early December we lost 3 games in a row, the third of which was a loss to Arsenal after being ahead. From that point on though we only lost 1 more league game the rest of the season. Unfortunately it was the one game that counted, the other game against Arsenal which we again lost after being ahead.

We went into the last match of the season in third place, but with a mathematical shot at winning the league. We won our game, but that only earned us the runner-up spot, to Arsenal.

Too many draws, including one which still haunts me where we threw away a 3 goal lead, including 2 in injury time.

So, all in all a sort of successful season, but I have spent a lot of money, (in both transfer fees and wages) on players, mostly geriatric defenders who have sucked, and who I can’t get rid of without making a loss and paying most of their wages for the next few years until their contract runs out or they die of old age.

I should win the league next season, but I’ve said that before. I mean, we really should have won it this season. I still can’t believe we didn’t.

Season	Team			Position	Notes										Challenge Landmarks
14/15	Swallows(South Africa)	14th		Took over after 14 (of 30)games in 16th bottom position. Dodged relegation.
15/16	Swallows		12th		South African FA Cup winner. Continental qualification.				1 domestic cup
16/17	Swallows		3rd		Champions League qualification
17/18	Swallows		3rd	
18/19 	Swallows & Kaizer Chiefs2nd		Quit Swallows mid-season. Took over Kaiser Chiefs with 9 games of the season left
19/20	Kaizer Chiefs/ChU23	2nd		Won 2 domestic cups.
20/21	Kaizer Chiefs / China	2nd		Lost in Champions League Final on away goals
21/22	Kaizer Chiefs/China	1st		Lost in Champions league semi-final. Won 36 straight matches and East Asia Cup	1 domestic league
22/23	Kaizer Chiefs/ China	n/a		Won African Champions League. Humiliated nation of China.			African Champions League
2023	Seoul			1st		Won South Korean League								2nd domestic league
2024	Seoul / Brazil U23	3rd		Won FA Cup									2nd domestic cup
2025	Cruz Azul		9th		Won FA Cup (Opening Stage). Then I was sacked.					3rd domestic cup
2026	Chivas			2nd		Manager for one match. Lost title in extra time of 2nd leg of league final.
26/27	Chivas /Ivory Coast	6th/1st		Won NACL. Lost Closing stage final of Mexican 1st Div (again)			NACL
27	Chivas / Ivory Coast	5th		Lost in Opening Stage semi-final and resigned after CWC Q/F
28	Dalian / Ivory Coast	11th		Lost in FA Cup Final / Lost in 2029 ACON Q/F
29	Guangzhou / Egypt	1st		League / Cup double. Qualified for World Cup					4th cup, 3rd league
30	Guangzhou/Egypt/USA	1st		League / Champions League double						Asian Champions League
31/2	Hertha Berlin		6th		German Cup losing finalists. Qualified for UEFA Cup
32/33	Hertha Berlin/S Korea	6th		UEFA Cup losing finalists. 
33/34	HB/ SK/ Dortmund	6th		Moved team after 12 games. Won East Asia Cup again, this time with Korea.
34/35	Dortmund / SK / Egypt	1st		League and cup double. Quit South Korea after AC Q/F ignomy			5th cup, Bundesliga
35/36	Dortmund / Colombia	2nd		German cup winners.
36/37	Barcelona / Colombia	2nd		CL Q/F. 	Confederations Cup Finalists 					CWC
37/38	Barcelona / Holland	1st		League, Cup, Champions league treble. World Cup with Holland.			Euro Champions League, 6th cup, Spanish league. World Cup.
38/39	AC Milan / Holland	1st		League and Italian Cup winners. 						7th cup, Serie A
39/40	Holland			n/a		Won European Championship							European Championship
40/41	Sochaux	/ South Africa	7th		Took over Newcastle at end of season.
41/42	Newcastle/South Africa	5th		FA Cup Semi-Finals. World Cup disaster.
42/43	Newcastle / Brazil	6th		CO Cup Q/F, Euro Cup 2nd K/O Round
43/44	Newcastle / Brazil	7th		FA Cup Finalists
44/45	Newcastle / Brazil	4th		Euro Cup winners
45/46	Newcastle / Brazil	2nd		League runners-up. FA Cup winners.						8th cup

Challenge Progress

Club
6/10 top domestic leagues (South Africa, S Korea, China, Germany, Spain, Italy)
8/10 domestic cups (South Africa, S Korea, Mexico, China, Germany, Spain, Italy, England)
4/5 club continental championships (Africa, North America, Asia, Europe)
1/1 club world championship

International
1/5 continental tournaments (European Championship)
1/2 world tournaments (World Cup)

NW 2080 it MUST be an achievement of its own.

Vike a thought popped up: Some additional achievements to put in hall of fame, Longest running save could be one of them?

karax268 Good luck in Superleague!!!

kabajingai Sad to hear about game crash, hopefully you can do it over again. Just reminds you to save often, and have a few different saves so you can always come back incase of even a corrupted savegame file.

Why must the manager be 20? Does the age make the game harder?

In a way, yes -- as you are seen as very inexperienced, but with room to grow.

It also makes sure that all challengers start from a common place, which makes it easier to compare saves. A lot of people just do it for fun, but there is definitely a competitive factor among challengers, so it is definitely important that we all start evenly.

EDIT: Not to mention, you most likely will need a LOT of years to finish this challenge... and starting this early is one of the only ways to accomplish completion with any sort of "realism."

I don't know how many players that will be, you just have to check as I have never loaded all those leagues at once. But these are leagues that should see you able to complete this challenge. I only recommend bottom leagues in England and France as you can get a job there (I started at Bristol Rovers in Conference League, and my brother even got started at Carlisle in League Two., there is a guy in the forum here that started at a French club so that is possible also), but you might get only offers from lower reputation countries with this setup. Would be nice to hear from you what kind of clubs that offer you a position within the first 6 months or so.

Good luck!!!

FYI,

I tried this set up [to Tier 4 in England, Tier 3 France and Holland, Portugal and Greece] (mostly because the choices of where to start overwhelmed me) and applied to all the open jobs at the start (in FM 16, July 2015 start). I ended up getting interviews for Cambridge (League 2) and two South African second tier teams right away. I declined them, though, as I want the game to go forward a little more first. I may come to regret that choice, though.

It was about 76,000 players with a Large database.

It was a good start.

Welcome to the challenge, Boojar.

You can certainly get a first job at a slightly higher club if you're patient enough. Of course they'll probably be in relegation or other trouble. Also it can take until near the end of the season.

I'd forgotten how tough my first job was, climbing out of the relegation places only in the last match of the season. I suppose you forget the pain of labour, how hard pushing that foreign entity out of your managerial womb is.