The Ultimate Football Manager Challenge - Silver Age Archive

The Earls Ultimate Football Manager Challenge

2023/24 - Club Brugge - Belgian Jupiler Pro League (Tier 1)

After resigning from Kasimpasa the job opening that intrigued me most was Club Brugge. One of the 2 giants in Belgium. I have never won the league in Belgium before, and hardly managed there at all (first time in this kind of challenge) so I thought it would be fun. I got the job, most likely down to the face I had some reputation in Holland, and that I spoke the language. I found the club in pretty good shape although Anderlecht had almost the double of our budget, we had the second best budget though, marginally better than Genk.

This time I joined before the start of the season and could take my time to build the kind of squad that I wanted. Still players couldn't get the most of salary so I had to rely quit a bit on loans. The players that I signed was:

Patrick Lopes (BRA), right-winger from Cruzeiro for 175K

Juan Maria Goncalves (SPA), offensive midfielder from Mirandes for 30K (future prospect)

Erick Pulgar (CHI), central defender on loan from Norwich 1,7M loan fee

Corentin Fiore (BEL), central defender from Standard Liege for 2,5M

Palhinha (BRA), offensive midfielder on loan from Juventus no fee

Alejandro Pozo (SPA), right/left winger on loan from Sevilla 200K loan fee

Saido Berahino (ENG), striker on loan from Man City 1,5M loan fee

Gaetan Coucke (BEL), goalkeeper from Genk 800K

Andrezinho (BRA), central midfielder from Flamengo for 17,75M

Jean-Philippe Rousset (FRA), left winger on loan from Monaco no fee

Pierre Ngo'o (CAM), central midfielder on loan from Lille no fee

Paul Nsangou CAM), central defender on loan from Barcelona 2,1M loan fee

This together with a few really nice players we got made our team really strong in my mind. The best player in the squad from before was a young Belgian striker named Laurent Maes. He was already attracted to several big clubs, but I managed to give him an extended contract with a higher minimum release clause than before so it meant I managed to keep him all season. As for European competition we would enter the 3rd Qualifying Round of the Europa League.

We played Danish side Lyngby in that qualification and won easily 5-0 away and 3-1 at home for an 8-1 aggregate win. That set up a Play off round against Rubin Kazan. A bit worried I left the home match first after only 0-0, but it was nothing to worry about we won 5-1 away in Russia and went into the Group Stage. The club was in joy as my board had told me we where not expected to reach the Group Stage. Then suddenly later in the season the expectation where change to reaching the first knockout round. I never asked them to change the expectations neither for the league or any cup competition but still they did, I felt a bit angry for that. League expectations was to Qualify for Champions League and fight for the League Title.

In the group stage of Europa League we faced Lech Poznan, Bursaspor and Real Sociedad. I felt we could beat Poznan, play even with Bursaspor but that Sociedad might be to big an obstacle. We started really well though winning 3-1 home to Lech Poznan in the first game, and then 2-1 away to Real Sociedad. With a 1-0 win at home to Bursaspor I felt pretty sure we would progress. We lost 1-2 away to Bursaspor in the 4th match but bounced back with a 3-0 win away to Lech Poznan. In the final game we lost 0-1 at home to Real Sociedad. 12 points was enough for second place in the group behind Sociedad on 15 points.

In the First Knockout Round we got Fiorentina , short story we managed 2-2 at home but crashed out 0-3 away and deservedly Fiorentina progressed and we where out of the tournament.

In the Belgian Cup we entered in the 6th round. Playing Royal Cappelen at home and won easily 4-1. Arch rivals Anderlecht was the opponent in the 7th round and Palhinha secure us a 2-1 victory at home a.e.t. by a goal in the 115th minute. Quarter Final was played over 2 legs against Kortrijk. We won easily 2-0 away and 3-0 at home for a total 5-0 win on aggregate. We then faced Lokeren in the Semi Final once again over 2 legs. We started by winning according to plan 2-1 away and I thought this would be easy again. But this time no, we lost 1-2 at home and the game went to penalties where we had no chance at all loosing 2-4. Out of the Cup in the Semi Final and a missed chance for a trophy.

The league went far better. We did underperform slightly in the start with just 3-1-2 in the first 6 games. Gene had a race of a start and won their first 12 games so we where behind for a while but with 24-3-0 in the next 27 league games it was never any doubt how the league would end. The Belgian league splits after 30 games and the 6 best teams plays each other another 2 times for a total of 40 games. The points from the first 30 games are cut in half to make the 10 last games more interesting. We had 8 points margin to Genk after 30 games, so that was reduced to 4 point margin. We did loose 1 of the final 10 games against Genk and we lost the final game to Gent, but still we won the league on 59 points, 11 points clear of Genk. Totally we had 30-6-4 as our statistics and a goal difference of 82-28.

Top Goalscorer: Laurent Maes 26 goals in 43 games.

Top Performer: Palhinha 7,87 av.rat in 35 games.

Season        Club            League             Pos.   Cup               Info.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16  HOL  Den Bosch     Jupiler League       11th   2nd round     Joined 19th, already out of Cup
2016/17  HOL  Den Bosch     Jupiler League        1st   4th round      Won the league and promoted!
2017/18  HOL  Den Bosch     Eresdivisie           14th   2nd round     Survived in a bad season.
2018/19  SCO  Falkirk       Championship          2nd  Quarter fin.   Promoted after playoffs, 3rd r. of leag. cup
2019/20  SCO  Rangers      Championship           1st  Quarter fin.   Promoted, 3rd r. of leag. cup
2020/21  SCO  Rangers      Premiership              1st   Winners        Double champion, QF of league cup
2021/22  ENG  Aston Villa  Championship           3rd  4th Round     Lost play-off semis, 2nd r. of lag. cup
2022/23  TUR  Kasimpasa   Super League           5th  Semi Final     Took over in 12th pos, already knocked out of euro.comp.
2023/24  BEL  Club Brugge  Pro League             1st   Semi Final     Lost in 1st KO Round of Europa League

Season        Nation             World Cup      Cont. Cup            Other
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21     Romania           In qualif.         NA                      Won Nations League B, Promoted to A
2021/22     Romania           4th in group    NA                      Qualified for World Cup, finished bottom
2022/23     Ghana              NA                  Winners              Already qual. for ACON, won it and left

[b][i]Challenge Progress[/i][/b]

[b]Club[/b]
------------------------------------------
2/10 top domestic leagues (Scotland, Belgium)
1/10 domestic cups (Scottish FA Cup)
0/5 club continental championships 
0/1 club world championship 

[b]International[/b]
-------------------------------------------
1/5 continental tournaments  (Africa)
0/2 world tournaments

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2024/25 - Torino / Belgium - Italian Serie A (Tier 1)

Getting new jobs in FM16 seems as I have said far more difficult than in FM15, I had 60% reputation now but as long as I stayed with a club no one would offer me a new job. So once again I resigned something that proves to haunt me in my job application, the question why I resign so many times. I did however get a new job both for club and nation. Torino was the club to pick me up, so off to Italy, but my bonds to Belgium would not be cut off totally as I took over their nation after the failure in Euro 2024.

Torino is a club a bit off the giants of Italy Juventus, Milan, Napoli are the three most successful clubs at the moment with Juventus in a class of their own. Torino obviously arch rival of Juventus from the same city, could I make an upstage here?

We started off with a match in the 3rd qualifying round of Coppa Italia (TIM Cup) against Como at home. We won that match 3-0 comfortably and set up a 4th qualifying round match away to Parma. Definitely a club we could beat, and the board wanted minimum 1st proper round of the cup. We lost however 0-1 to Parma and made a slight disappointment of ourselves in that competition.

In the league we where expected to finish in the upper half of the table, so at least a 9th place. I wanted more and hopefully we could get Europa League qualification as the club was not participating in any continental football this season.

We didnt loose to many games, but neither did we win a lot. Far too many draws made me feel gutted about the situation in Torino. We could be happy to manage a draw away to Milan and home to Juventus, but drawing against the likes of Frosinone, Pescara and Sassuolo at home was not good for our points or morale. To make the story short I was fed up with the situation in march and left the club early in 12th position. I did wonders for the club who won 7 of their lat 10 games without me as a manager and climbed to a final 10th position. I however was out of club management again!!!

Belgium appointed me after the last manager was a disappointment. Euro 2024 saw Belgium loose to both France and Sweden in the Group Stage and never reach the knockout stages. That was really a shocker for a team with Eden Hazard, Youri Thielemans, Romelu Lukaku and other really good players. My first task was the European Nations League. We won the group stage of Division A after 2 wins and 2 draws against Turkey and Italy. We also won a few friendlies. However in the Semi Final we got a taste of how it is to meet the very best. Germany have a devastating team many world class players. We lost at home 1-2 and had to accept the defeat was well deserved.

In the qualifying for the 2026 World Cup we got a group with Bulgaria, Faroe Islands, Israel and Slovenia. For the reminder of the season we just played 2 matches winning 4-0 at home to Bulgaria and 6-1 away to Faroe Islands.

2015/16  HOL  Den Bosch     Jupiler League       11th   2nd round     Joined 19th, already out of Cup
2016/17  HOL  Den Bosch     Jupiler League        1st   4th round      Won the league and promoted!
2017/18  HOL  Den Bosch     Eresdivisie           14th   2nd round     Survived in a bad season.
2018/19  SCO  Falkirk       Championship          2nd  Quarter fin.   Promoted after playoffs, 3rd r. of leag. cup
2019/20  SCO  Rangers      Championship           1st  Quarter fin.   Promoted, 3rd r. of leag. cup
2020/21  SCO  Rangers      Premiership              1st   Winners        Double champion, QF of league cup
2021/22  ENG  Aston Villa  Championship           3rd  4th Round     Lost play-off semis, 2nd r. of lag. cup
2022/23  TUR  Kasimpasa   Super League           5th  Semi Final     Took over in 12th pos, already knocked out of euro.comp.
2023/24  BEL  Club Brugge  Pro League             1st   Semi Final     Lost in 1st KO Round of Europa League
2024/25  ITA   Torino          Serie A                   12th 4th Qual.r.    Embarrassed the city of Torino, left in march

2020/21     Romania           In qualif.         NA                      Won Nations League B, Promoted to A
2021/22     Romania           4th in group    NA                      Qualified for World Cup, finished bottom
2022/23     Ghana              NA                  Winners              Already qual. for ACON, won it and left
2024/25     Belgium            In qualif.         NA                      Lost in semis of Nations League A

[b]Club[/b]
1/10 domestic cups (Scottish FA Cup)

[b]International[/b]
0/2 world tournaments

2024/25 - Lazio / Belgium - Italian Serie A (Tier 1)

I stayed without a club all the way until august. Lazio manager Sinisa Mihajlovic left his club to become manager of Valencia in La Liga. That gave me the opportunity to go back to Italy and prove that Torino was a one time failure. Board Expectations here was to qualify for Champions League and to reach the First KO Round of this season Champions League. The club had already signed a few players but luckily there was still some cash left in the bank. I signed quite a few players but the most important where:

Pepe Rey (SPA), left back on loan from Real Madrid loan fee 1,1M

Jairo Riedewald (HOL), central defender from Arsenal for 13,25M

Everton Roberto (BRA), striker from Sao Paulo for 17,5M

Mark Honore (FRA), right back on loan from Lyon loan fee 600K

Later in the season I would bring in a few more players including two valuable midfield players, Simone Cinque from Atalanta and Pelle Antonsson from Wolfsburg.

The season itself was a really closely fought competition between us, Juventus and AC Milan. It went all the way down to the end, but Juventus had the upper hand for most of the season. The deciding moment came 7 games from the end when we lost 0-1 to AC Milan, after that we lost 0-1 to Atalanta as well before winning the final 4 games. The league table ended with Juventus on 85 points, Lazio on 81 and AC Milan on 80. 2nd place is not bad and the board was happy, but I felt sad that we could hang on for the title.

In Champions League we faced a mighty tough draw. Molde from Norway should be pushovers in the group, but Man.City and Paris SG where the two other teams. The board expected us to progress, I was not quite sure if we could do that. It all started well enough when we won 1-0 away to Molde, and a nice 1-0 win at home to Man.City. Then we where literally crushed 0-2 at home to PSG and 1-5 away!!! Morale was not good and we somehow only managed 1-1 at home to Molde before loosing the final game 1-2 away to Man.City. It didn't really matter though as Man.City took 15 points and PSG only 12. With our heavy losses for PSG we would have been knocked out of the group even with 12 points... We got "relegated" to the Europa League after finishing 3rd in the Group.

Europa League was no walk in the park though. OK, we met Olympiakos in the First KO Round, and won that 4-2 away and 1-1 at home for a total 5-3 aggregate win. But already in the 2nd KO Round we faced AC Milan. A good 2-0 win at home set up a defending away tie which we managed well with a 1-1 draw and 3-1 total aggregate score. So Quarter Final, possibly an easier task than AC Milan? No way, opponents this time was no other than Barcelona. We managed a 3-3 draw at home, at one stage being 3-1 up. We didn't loose at Camp Nou either, but couldn't score 0-0 and we lost on away goals and out of Europa League.

That left one competition to play. The Coppa Italia (TIM Cup), since we played in Europe we entered already at 1st Round proper. There we faced Reggiana from Serie B. An easy 5-0 win to progress to the Quarter Final. A lot of good teams where out, so the Quarter Final proved to be important as we met Napoli. We took an early lead and never looked back winning a sweet 3-0 at home. In the Semi Final played over 2 legs we faced Serie B opponents again in Perugia. We won the first leg 4-1 away, and could rotate the squad at home as we where still fighting for the league at that time playing 1-1 at home for a 5-2 total win. In the final we would play Genoa, a team we should beat almost every day. The Final was a bit tighter than expected but in the end we won 1-0 thanks to a goal from Rogerio just seconds before half time.

At last a trophy again, this time a cup trophy from Italy. But no league win this season either.

Belgium want rampant in the World Cup Qualifiers. Winning all remaining 6 matches for a maximum 24 points a clear qualification for 2026 World Cup. In the bid up to the World Cup we played some friendlies and won against Colombia and Serbia and playing a draw against Ivory Coast.

In the World Cup itself we faced Turkey, Brazil and Ghana in the Group Stage.

Belgium - Turkey 2-1

We got 1-0 in the first half before Turkey hit back to 1-1. We scored again in the first half to lead 2-1 at halftime and the second half didn't produce any goals from either team. Goals from: Romelu Lukaku (26th and 35th)

Belgium - Brazil 2-2

One of the best matches of the World Cup. Entertaining football from two attacking teams. We took the lead early on but Brazil responded just a minute later. Then we scored just before halftime and went into the break with a 2-1 lead. We could hang on only for so long, but 5 minutes from the end Brazil got 2-2. A draw was not bad but it would prove to be so vital. Goals from: Youri Tielemans (16th), Adnan Januzaj (41st)

Belgium - Ghana 1-0

We needed a big win margin in this game, but we needed to rest players for further matches also. We scored in the first half, but the rest of the match was grabbed and ended with a 1-0 win. Goals from: Romelu Lukaku (34th)

This meant we finished on 7 points, same as Brazil. But Brazil had goals 5-2 and we had 5-3, so we had to accept 2nd place in the Group. It meant we would face Spain in the 2nd Round, Brazil would face USA.

Belgium - Spain 2nd Round 0-0, 6-5 a.p.s.

We fielded the best possible team for the game against Spain, knowing we could beat them if we played to our best. We really played well, but could never get the goal in ordinary playing time. The game went to extra time and then penalties. Normally I never win penalties, but this time my boys did no mistake scored 6 out of 6 penalties and won 6-5.

Belgium - Argentina Quarter Final 1-3

To be honest I knew what was coming. First Argentina has a great squad of course, but my team was down in 40% condition after the Spain match and never recovered for this game. I had to bring on a lot of "seance best" players and Argentina never looked back. They took an early 2-0 lead, Lukaku claimed one back but when we pushed for 2-2 we got a red card on a defender and 1-3 in the face instead. Locked out and feeling bruised.

The story goes on and I resigned again from both Lazio and Belgium

2024/25  ITA   Torino          Serie A                   12th 4th Qual.r.    Embarrassed the city of Torino, left in march
2025/26  ITA   Lazio           Serie A                    2nd  Winners       Knocked out of group of CL, Quarters of EL

2024/25     Belgium            In qualif.         NA                      Lost in semis of Nations League A
2025/26     Belgium            Quarter Final   NA                      Resigned after World Cup

[b]Club[/b]
2/10 domestic cups (Scottish FA Cup, Italian Cup)

[b]International[/b]
0/2 world tournaments

Earl; Congrats on the ACON and the Belgian League Title. I'd to take up your point about the difficulty in getting jobs in this version of the game. I didnt play 15 but on 14 i found it much easier to get jobs on my journey man saves than in this version. When i was trying to leave Swallows, i had 45% rep and it was an absolute struggle to get interviews. Even now after the World Cup with all the national jobs available the only one i stand a chance to get is the Costa Rica job. I thought surely i'd be in with a chance of maybe the Australia or Mexico jobs at least.

Sankalan; Fair play to ya for progessing so fast, what is your secret?

I must confess that I've wondered how Sankalan, not only plays his seasons so quickly, but also manages to win so many trophies in such a short space of time.

With reference to your point of only just entering a continental tournament despite being in your seventh season is pretty much where I'll be in my save.

By the amount of surprise my speed is causing, I want to know, am I the only one who vacations between games and uses instant result to good use? Or am I just putting in too many hours? I am actually ahead of my updates. Anyway, here is a season that I REALLY RUSHED through:

REAL MADRID LA LIGA 2028/29 UPDATE

1736.png

Small update this, just to tell that I got the Clubs World cup wth Real Madrid. The tournament was not any biggie, it was only staying at the club till December. This done, I resigned and am on the way to Germany, probably the last Big league I am goig to manage in. And i have set my standard: I will only take Bayern or Schalke, where I can keep my record of winning every league in the first attempt, else, I will stay unemployed.

[table="width: 500"]
[tr]
[size=4][td]Year[/td]
[td]Nation[/td]
[td]League[/td]
[td]Position[/td]
[td]Cup-1[/td]
[td]Cup-2[/td]
[td]Continental[/td]
[td]Comments[/td]
[/size]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2014/15[/td]
[td]South Africa[/td]
[td]Premier league(1)[/td]
[td]14[/td]
[td]Quarter final[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Always good for a first job...[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2015/16[/td]
[td]South Africa[/td]
[td]2[/td]
[td]Semi Finals[/td]
[td]Quarter Finals[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Should boost my reputation in the Country[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2016/17[/td]
[td]South Africa[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Second Round[/td]
[td]Quarter Finals[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]One continent ticked off[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2018[/td]
[td]South Korea[/td]
[td]K League Classic(1)[/td]
[td]4[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Looking to end another continent by the next year. Ambitions!!![/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2019[/td]
[td]South Korea[/td]
[td]4[/td]
[td]Third round[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Another continent done...[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2020[/td]
[td]Mexico[/td]
[td]First Division Opening(1)[/td]
[td]4[/td]
[td]Quarter Final[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Patience[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2021[/td]
[td]Mexico[/td]
[td]First Division Closing(1)[/td]
[td]1[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Why no league???[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2022[/td]
[td]Brazil[/td]
[td]Brasilearo(1)[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]A league, at last[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2023[/td]
[td]Brazil[/td]
[td]Brasilearo(1)[/td]
[td]Left mid season[/td]
[td]Left mid season[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Europe, here I come[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2023/24[/td]
[td]Italy[/td]
[td]Serie A(1)[/td]
[td]2[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Well, I do need to rent a house here now.[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2024/25[/td]
[td]Italy[/td]
[td]Serie A(1)[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Semi Finals[/td]
[td]First Blood in Europe[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2025/26[/td]
[td]Germany[/td]
[td]Bundesliga(1)[/td]
[td]Left midseason[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Left mid season[/td]
[td]My shortest tenure, Oct-Dec[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2025/26[/td]
[td]England[/td]
[td]Premier League(1)[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]SF of Europa[/td]
[td]Change is Good![/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2026/27[/td]
[td]France[/td]
[td]Ligue 1(1)[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Tenth Round[/td]
[td]Fourth Round[/td]
[td]QF of Europa[/td]
[td]That elusive Asian Cup! My first International disappointment...[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2027/28[/td]
[td]Spain[/td]
[td]La Liga[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Pentagon!![/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2028/29[/td]
[td]Spain[/td]
[td]La Liga[/td]
[td]Left midseason[/td]
[td]Left midseason[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Left midseason[/td]
[td]Won the Clubs World Cup[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Club
6/10 top domestic leagues(South Africa, Brazil, Italy, England, France, Spain) 
5/10 domestic cups (South Korea, Brazil, Italy, England, Spain)
5/5 club continental championships(Africa, Asia, North America, South America, Europe)[b]COMPLETED[/b]
1/1 club world championship[b]COMPLETED[/b]

International
2/5 continental tournaments (Africa, South America)
2/2 world tournaments (Confederations Cup, World Cup)[b]COMPLETED[/b]

Overall
21/33 trophies

I must confess that I've wondered how Sankalan, not only plays his seasons so quickly, but also manages to win so many trophies in such a short space of time.

With reference to your point of only just entering a continental tournament despite being in your seventh season is pretty much where I'll be in my save.

As for his speed did he not mention before that he uses InstantResult or something along those lines. I have no concerns regarding his success rate, he said himself that there has been a lot of luck involved and i believe him. Looking back over his career so far, he got off to a great start landing himself a job in the S.African Premiership. I started in the Scottish League 2 and after 4 and half seasons i ended up in the S.African Premiership. If i had started there i could be on the same amount in not close to number of trophies he has racked up. Credit to him i say and i only asked the question in jest to be honest.

Sankalan - How many hours have you put in so far? Can you paste the manager info screen that shows how much time you've been on holiday? (Please don't link to imageshack, because I can't see it. Just pasting it in would be nice). Vacationing between games and using instant result doesn't really help me to understand how you're going about 10 times faster than us, but maybe you're playing 16 hours a day. We once had a challenger who basically played non-stop without sleep for about 3 days, and made a lot of progress. The he disappeared. Maybe they wouldn't let him continue his save in the psychiatric ward.

I'm a perfectionist and micro-manager. By the time I'd written, and re-written countless times, all the updates you've done, I wouldn't have time to play the game.

Do you not buy players? Do you have a killer tactic that works with every team?

Anyway, to be honest, I found the speed of your progress disconcerting at first, but I'm used to it now. You're obviously playing the game fundamentally differently from the rest of us, which is your perogative. It is what it is.

Game time 8 days, 8 hours, 8 minutes.

Total Game time-5786 days

Time Spent on vacation-4756 days.

The 1000 days of difference was probably the sum of transfer windows and The time between applying for a job and getting called for an interview

Players, yes i have a way, well may not be a very honest way, but transfer list the key players found at a club for a little less than their value, make sure that these players get so much game time and salary that you are their favourite personel. Interestingly, he new AI managers are not very prompt at removing them from the transfer list, so I have 4-5(accumulative) great players moving from Napoli to Liverpool to OM to Real and finally to Bayern. Dont see them accompanying me to mexico or wherever i am headed to next. A couple of them had been scouted at the lesser clubs I had managed earlier, and I also added to my collection.

Tactic- A simple 4-2-3-1 wide seems to work very well when combined with Retain possession, Shorter passing and work ball into box. Not sure if instant result influences that, but really, with the teams I have managed, you really do not need any special tactic against 13-14 of the teams in the league. Have an alternate tactic where the fullbacks are dropped for an additional striker and a DM, same instructions. Used when opponent tactic lacks wingers.

The tactic is not very good with underdog teams though. The Saudi Arabia team actually won the Asian cup* with save-reload and tactical changes, but seems pretty good when you are the better team.

*I did it for testing purposes, in the main save, I have NOT yet won the Asian Cup

Edit: looking back on these few days now, I am feeling bad that I have really overplayed the game. The 3-day story is probably a warning, and I take it. From hereon, I promise to limit my playing hours, so update frequency should go down after about two more updates

Sankalan, play the way you want to my friend. After all it's just a game and we've all paid money to play how we like.

Your updates however are killing my motivation to play my save haha. Not sure if I'll ever have the successes you've done

Sankalan, play the way you want to my friend. After all it's just a game and we've all paid money to play how we like.

Sankalan - indeed, play your game how you choose, as Fiz states, we've paid our money, so we all make our choices!!

I wasn't suggesting there was anything untoward, or "dodgy" about the way you play the game.........its just different to the rest of us - that doesn't make it "wrong", it just makes it different!!

It's great that you contribute to this thread - the more the merrier and long may it continue....also proof that this challenge is so diverse, with so many ways of achieveing the ultimate (see what I did there!!) goal

Glentoran End Of Season 2016/17

Competitions

Not a great deal to report.

I took over in March, with six games left to play, just before the league "split" (The league splits into two halves with five games left)

Guided Glentoran to a sixth place finish.

The cups were all over too apart from the Irish FA Cup, where we were already in the semi finals, but a 2-1 defeat meant that I was unable to "Vike" the cup!!

The club is not great financially so it's free transfers and loan signings ahead of next season, but I think I'm assembling a half decent squad.

On a personal level, the downside to the club being strapped for cash is that they won't allow me to start a coaching course, so I still don't have any qualifications and my reputation is a low 5%.

Onwards and upwards......

Season	 Team 	 	Country		 Position	 Notes          
15/16							Unemployed
16/17	Tianjin		China		 13th		SACKED!!
16/17	Glentoran	N. Ireland	  6th		Took over in March

Challenge Progress

Club
0/10 top domestic leagues ()
0/10 domestic cups ()
0/5 club continental championships ()

International
0/5 continental tournaments ()
0/2 world tournaments ()

Havent played much since the end of the 2022 World Cup but I have played enough to get my new international job. With the likes of Brazil, Argentina, Australia, Belgium and Mexico turning me down, the Costa Rican FA offered me a position. I decided to go for it as i needed a change from Tunisia. First up is the Central American Cup, much like the CHAN in Africa it doesnt count towards the Challenge but it does only allow domestically based players and it is a trophy at the end of the day. Our FA expect us to win the competition which i intend on doing so. In 2023 we will have a right go at the Gold Cup, it will be tough but hopefully i can have some of my usual luck when it comes to my knockout opponents and at least get to the Final, Costa Rica have been in 2 of the last 3 finals. If we're successful in the Gold Cup, great that's another continent ticked off internationally but if not hopefully my reputation will have increased enough to secure a better national job.

I love the idea of this challenge, and I've started a game with the correct set up to attempt it - but to be honest, where I'll struggle the most is in keeping everyone updated! I have no screenshots, so I'll give you all a little summary.

My manager is a 20 year old kid from the USA, whose parents must have been fans of Forrest Gump having named him Benjamin (Bubba) Buford.

It seems those most experienced at this challenge start in Asia, but my first job came about in England with Aldershot who were way adrift at the bottom of the Vanarama National League. I've currently only loaded the European leagues that must be won. Once I've completed one league I'll make it 'View Only' and load up another league in a different continent. Creating an American manager means I quite like the idea of my final club being in the MLS - ideally in one of the Southern states (FC Dallas/Houston Dynamo).

My stint at Aldershot lasted a whopping 4 months having only guided them to two victories and increasing their distance from safety to 15 points from around 10 when I took over.

At the end of the season, Morecambe were relegated from League 2 and after a simple enough interview they took me on. So I'm still outside the football league, but I am favourites for promotion. My plan from here is to get promoted, increase my reputation and take over a club in either Holland or France with a view to playing in the top league. Failing that, I'm just 4 consecutive promotions away from the Premiership... This could take me a little while!

Season	 Team 	 	Country		 Position	 Notes          
15/16	Aldershot	England		 24th		 Joined in November, left in March
16/17	Morecambe	England				

Well, I promised two updates but cannot find the motivation to write them up, so just sum up quickly. Won the German league with Bayern, then moved on to Mexico with Monterrey(lost my core team finally). Also got South Korea job after world cup.

Failed to get cup or league, as I lost in the quarter final 3rd time in this career, but Asian cup waspretty easy, we were favourites, and the second favourites, Australia, never made it to the finals after defeating us 2-1 in the group stage.

Last seen, I was struggling to stay in the top 8 of Mexico with 2/3 of the closing stage done.

Well, I promised two updates but cannot find the motivation to write them up, so just sum up quickly. Won the German league with Bayern, then moved on to Mexico with Monterrey(lost my core team finally). Also got South Korea job after world cup.

Failed to get cup or league, as I lost in the quarter final 3rd time in this career, but Asian cup waspretty easy, we were favourites, and the second favourites, Australia, never made it to the finals after defeating us 2-1 in the group stage.

Last seen, I was struggling to stay in the top 8 of Mexico with 2/3 of the closing stage done.

Congrats on Asia Cup, most participants have found International management harder than club side. And Mexico is no required nation so for sure you can either win there or move to another country. It seems you must just find the correct international job to finish this challenge now. What year are you in Sankalan?

It is NOT long, you get two attempts atthe league in a year, so I think it is one of the smallest leagues(17 games+playoffs). The only negative is that you have an either-or choice between the domestic cup and the Continental cup, and there are a lot of continental spots(7, if I am not wrong). All teams seem stronger than the US counterparts, this year I saw an all Mexican Semi Final in NACL. Another good thing is that it is easy to Vike things up here, a manager can be fired if a strong team is lurking in say 10th-12th in the league, you can come in and with a couple of good results get up to say 8th, and then you always have a good chance in the playoffs. That said, it is always bad to be repeatedly kicked out in the playoff QF

For the year, here it is , Earl

[tr]
[size=4][td]Year[/td]
[td]Nation[/td]
[td]League[/td]
[td]Position[/td]
[td]Cup-1[/td]
[td]Cup-2[/td]
[td]Continental[/td]
[td]Comments[/td]
[/size]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2014/15[/td]
[td]South Africa[/td]
[td]14[/td]
[td]Quarter final[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2015/16[/td]
[td]South Africa[/td]
[td]2[/td]
[td]Semi Finals[/td]
[td]Quarter Finals[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2016/17[/td]
[td]South Africa[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Second Round[/td]
[td]Quarter Finals[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2018[/td]
[td]South Korea[/td]
[td]4[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2019[/td]
[td]South Korea[/td]
[td]4[/td]
[td]Third round[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2020[/td]
[td]Mexico[/td]
[td]4[/td]
[td]Quarter Final[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Patience[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2021[/td]
[td]Mexico[/td]
[td]1[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2022[/td]
[td]Brazil[/td]
[td]Brasilearo(1)[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2023[/td]
[td]Brazil[/td]
[td]Brasilearo(1)[/td]
[td]Left mid season[/td]
[td]Left mid season[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2023/24[/td]
[td]Italy[/td]
[td]Serie A(1)[/td]
[td]2[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2024/25[/td]
[td]Italy[/td]
[td]Serie A(1)[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Semi Finals[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2025/26[/td]
[td]Germany[/td]
[td]Bundesliga(1)[/td]
[td]Left midseason[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Left mid season[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2025/26[/td]
[td]England[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]SF of Europa[/td]
[td]Change is Good![/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2026/27[/td]
[td]France[/td]
[td]Ligue 1(1)[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Tenth Round[/td]
[td]Fourth Round[/td]
[td]QF of Europa[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2027/28[/td]
[td]Spain[/td]
[td]La Liga[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Pentagon!![/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2028/29[/td]
[td]Spain[/td]
[td]La Liga[/td]
[td]Left midseason[/td]
[td]Left midseason[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Left midseason[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2029/30[/td]
[td]Germany[/td]
[td]Bundesliga[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Quarter Finals[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]First KO[/td]
[td]Europe over[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2030[/td]
[td]Mexico[/td]
[td]First Division Opening[/td]
[td]5/QF[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Ongoing[/td]
[td]Lost Core team of europe[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2031[/td]
[td]Mexico[/td]
[td]First Division Closing[/td]
[td]4/QF[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Semi Final[/td]
[td]4th QF Exit in Mexico.[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Club
7/10 top domestic leagues(South Africa, Brazil, Italy, England, France, Spain, Germany) 
5/10 domestic cups (South Korea, Brazil, Italy, England, Spain)
5/5 club continental championships(Africa, Asia, North America, South America, Europe)[b]COMPLETED[/b]

International
3/5 continental tournaments (Africa, South America, Asia)

Overall
23/33 trophies

There's a bug which seems to be stopping the Club World Championship being played.

I doubt it will affect many if any of you, but it's always worth having an occasional check that all the tournaments that you wuill need to play later are still being scheduled. Better to know sooner rather than later, and easier for So to fix it if you have a save from before competitions stop being scheduled.

Spent most of my time lately time sorting through my Costa Rica players. I've turned out with a very good squad for the Gold Cup and perhaps beyond but it has been a slight struggle to get a team together for the Central American Cup because it has to be a squad of domestically based players. Injuries havent helped but i managed to come up with a decent enough 23 man squad. We're favourites for the competition, first one of my teams which have been, and we opened with a very comfortable 3-0 win over Belize, next up is El Salvador.

My time at Vancouver is still going really well, this is the first club ive been at where ive been able to finally sign players of real quality and this has made a huge difference. We've qualified for the playoffs with 5 games to spare and if we win our next 2 we'll have won our conference. We're also on course to win the Supporters' Shield which is basically the 2 conferences combined into one league. We also won the Candian Championship 4-1 on aggregate over Edmenton FC, one of 2 non-MLS clubs in the competition who beat Toronto to make the final. We also played or first 2 NACL matches, beating FC Tauro 4-0 at home and thanks to Joe Mason, who just returned from injury, we beat Cruz Azul 4-1 at home. Mason scored a hat-trick and got an assist. He now has the record for most goals in a season by a Vancouver player and he was one of my signings. All going well i should be able to secure my first league title and perhaps my first continental aswell.

MONTERREY AND LEON FULL SEASON 2031/32 UPDATE

1257.png1259.png

After back to back disappointments in the league, i remembered "Third time lucky" and went all out. Got a good shortlist of players, but soon realised that i did not have enough in wage budget to get them all. Nevertheless, I proceeded with the Team I had with a couple of changes, hoping for a different fortune. And I had a different fortune...got sacked. Not suddenly though, had a run of poor results, got banged out of the cup, the board set me a point target of 9 from 5 games, I got 1 from first three, and they knew a bit of mathematics, so did not wait for the last two matches.

This however turned out to be a blessing in disguise. Come the end of the season, Leon fired their head coach. This was big, really big. I applied for the job and got it. Predicted to finish first, I now also had enough wage budget to get my previously shortlisted players to add to an already better squad. The quality of our team you can guess from this-Even after beating our Closing stage cup final Opponents 5-1, we ended up being the biggest underachievers of the tournament(Probably a bug, but the game really showed this). The league was not exactly a runaway, we finished 4 points behind leaders America(partially because my assistant was looking after the last few games after I went on a long vacation, having secured playoff spot).

In the Quarters, we lost the away game 3-2, but came back with a 2-0 at home(finally!) as Monterrey exited in the quarters for the 4th time in succession.

In the semis, we lost 1-0 away and won 1-0 home, qualifying by virtue of our better league position.

In the finals, Cruz Azul, my old club, smashed us 4-2 away. However, luck was on our side, and we won 2-0 at home, and later got the title on penalties.

So after two years and 4 seasons, I am leaving Mexico(though now I am still their National Manager), with head held high...

[tr]
[size=4][td]Year[/td]
[td]Nation[/td]
[td]League[/td]
[td]Position[/td]
[td]Cup-1[/td]
[td]Cup-2[/td]
[td]Continental[/td]
[td]Comments[/td]
[/size]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2014/15[/td]
[td]South Africa[/td]
[td]14[/td]
[td]Quarter final[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2015/16[/td]
[td]South Africa[/td]
[td]2[/td]
[td]Semi Finals[/td]
[td]Quarter Finals[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2016/17[/td]
[td]South Africa[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Second Round[/td]
[td]Quarter Finals[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2018[/td]
[td]South Korea[/td]
[td]4[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2019[/td]
[td]South Korea[/td]
[td]4[/td]
[td]Third round[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2020[/td]
[td]Mexico[/td]
[td]4[/td]
[td]Quarter Final[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Patience[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2021[/td]
[td]Mexico[/td]
[td]1[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2022[/td]
[td]Brazil[/td]
[td]Brasilearo(1)[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2023[/td]
[td]Brazil[/td]
[td]Brasilearo(1)[/td]
[td]Left mid season[/td]
[td]Left mid season[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2023/24[/td]
[td]Italy[/td]
[td]Serie A(1)[/td]
[td]2[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2024/25[/td]
[td]Italy[/td]
[td]Serie A(1)[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Semi Finals[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2025/26[/td]
[td]Germany[/td]
[td]Bundesliga(1)[/td]
[td]Left midseason[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Left mid season[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2025/26[/td]
[td]England[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]SF of Europa[/td]
[td]Change is Good![/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2026/27[/td]
[td]France[/td]
[td]Ligue 1(1)[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Tenth Round[/td]
[td]Fourth Round[/td]
[td]QF of Europa[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2027/28[/td]
[td]Spain[/td]
[td]La Liga[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Pentagon!![/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2028/29[/td]
[td]Spain[/td]
[td]La Liga[/td]
[td]Left midseason[/td]
[td]Left midseason[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Left midseason[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2029/30[/td]
[td]Germany[/td]
[td]Bundesliga[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Quarter Finals[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]First KO[/td]
[td]Europe over[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2030[/td]
[td]Mexico[/td]
[td]5/QF[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Ongoing[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2031[/td]
[td]Mexico[/td]
[td]4/QF[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Semi Final[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2031[/td]
[td]Mexico[/td]
[td]Sacked midseason[/td]
[td]Group Stage[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Blessing in Disguise[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2032[/td]
[td]Mexico[/td]
[td]2/Champions![/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Better Late than never[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Club
8/10 top domestic leagues(South Africa, Brazil, Italy, England, France, Spain, Germany, Mexico) 
6/10 domestic cups (South Korea, Brazil, Italy, England, Spain, Mexico)

International
3/5 continental tournaments (Africa, South America, Asia)

Overall
25/33 trophies

Season 2017 - Beijing Beikong

Beijing_Enterprises_Group_F.C._logo.jpg

League | Shihao | Competitions/Budgets

Promotion to the Super League brought with it a slightly bigger budget but bigger problems. i had a lot of money but nobody wanted to join me so i had to again resort to poaching the best players from smaller teams or over 30 foreign players from the dregs of the English lower leagues. That said my motley crew fared a lot better than i thought they would and despite some up and down form we finished 5th.

Star of the show was last years Player and Young Player of the season Wei Shihao. Playing just off the front man he started 29 of 30 league games scoring 17 goals and assisting a further 6. Enough to make sure we never got bogged down in a relegation battle and he bagged the clubs Player and Young Player of the season for a second consecutive season and topped that with Chinese Young Player of the Season.

In the FA cup we managed to go all the way and lift the thing. Winning seemed a long way off when we scraped through the 3rd round with a penalty win against a second division side then stole a 1-0 win against first division Qingdao Zhongneng. Come the quarter final we were drawn against last seasons Super League winners (A title they retained) Shandong Luneng and despite going down to 10 men in the 76th minute we forced forced extra time and penalties which we won 5-4. The Semi final pitted us against Jiangsu Sainty and we pulled off a magical 2-1 away win in the first leg. We came under heavy pressure in the second leg but held out for a 1-1 draw and a place in the final. A feat achieved with no foreign players as the rules state you can only field them in the final. With 3 star foreigners allowed in the final we managed to win home and away against Harbin Yiteng to lift the first major trophy in the history of the club.

Unbeknownst to me winning the FA cup gets you into the Asian Champions League, something i didn't realise until after we won it.

On the club front we have improved training facilities to below average and scouting has regressed to 4% world knowledge. On a positive front i now have National A Licence coaching badge.

Fingers crossed we dont embarrass ourselves in the Champions League.

[b]CLUB CAREER
                                        League                        Cups
Season        Club                                                   1st  2nd   Cont.   Managerial Statistics
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/b]
2016    CHI   Beijing Beikong   National First Division - 2nd        Q/F  N/A    N/A    P34  W23  D4  L7  F73  A37  W67%
2017    CHI   Beijing Beikong   Chinese Super League - 5th           Won  N/A    N/A    P37  W20  D8  L9  F57  A42  W54%

[b]Challenge Progress

Club
---------------------------------------------[/b]
0/10 top domestic leagues ()
1/10 domestic cups (Chinese FA Cup)
[b]
International
0/2 world tournaments ()

So we won the Central American Cup, thats now 4 years in a row where i have won international trophy, unfortunately only one of those counted towards the Challenge. Before i joined Vancouver my reputation was at 45% but in the space of the a year it has jumped to 65%, hopefully this means once i have finished with Vancouver i should be able to start getting some top jobs. I plan to head back to either S.Africa or Asia next to try and secure those continental cups. The MLS season is nearly over and i will post up a proper end of season report when it is with that code and all.

Taz; Congrats on yout promotion and more importantly the Chinese FA Cup.

Sankalan; Congrats to yourself aswell on winning the Mexican league and cup. How did Monterry get on after they sacked you?

MEXICO AND BHARAT FC 2032/33 UPDATE

40027234.png379.png

After Mexico, I finally moved to my home country, India. Newly promoted Bharat FC were predicted to finish second, so I applied and took the job.

The first disappointment here was the squad. It was a great squad for Indian First Division, but only that it was all foreigners. So we had 10 foreigners, all non Asians, eating up a major chunk of the wage budget. We could play only 3 so the rest had to be moved into U18s. But all of them had 1 year contracts, with nobody willing to buy them, so they had to be kept.

Anyway, I brought in a couple of Indian midfielders with whatever wage budget was left to join the Left defender, Central defender and Keeper who I chose to play in the first team. Basically, I had 5 players in all who had any golden stars. The first competition of the year was the Durand cup(extinct now in reality) where most teams field reserve teams, but ALL I-LEAGUE TEAMS PARTICIPATE, so it counts for the challeng. Fielded the first team(except the Left Defender, only 2 foreignrs are allowed) and won it in style.

Reality struck with the FA cup. Our current first team was no good, we got a single point in 4 group stage games. I thought that the attack needs to be strengthened. So, before the league started, I got an Australian AMC on loan, hoping for the best in the League.

The league started well with two wins. But we were soon brought back to the ground by back to back defeats. Then we defeated Bengaluru and went on the midseason break. By the time I returned from the break, I learnt that my assistant had sent one of my two Indian midfielders on loan, leaving me with 5 players of the first team having golden stars. Anyway I accepted this as one of the negatives of vacationing, and carried on.

The youth Intake was poor, to say the leasy, a single player having a 2-star potential. Halfway through the season, we were sitting 4th in the table, after getting a couple of lucky 0-1 away wins. We managed to defeat leaders Wahingdoh 2-1, and for the first time since the second game, went up to the predicted 2nd position, though having played extra game. At this very point, our goalkeeper got injured, so now our first team had 4-gold star players. The next game we lost, and also my star center-back managed to suspend himself. obviously, Dempo smashed us 3-0 next game.

Not that the return helped us much. We were samshed byy rivals Bengaluru, and the board called me to discuss future. I suggested that Bengaluru were just too good, and the board agreed. But they still expected me to challenge for the title, and being 5th did not help. To cut the story short here, we finished 5th and I kept my job on the promise of getting 11 poits in the next 5 games.

Oh, and I won the gold cup. With most other nations falling off, Gold cup was a two way competition between Mexico and USA, and USA fielded their B Team. It was a cakewalk.

[tr]
[size=4][td]Year[/td]
[td]Nation[/td]
[td]League[/td]
[td]Position[/td]
[td]Cup-1[/td]
[td]Cup-2[/td]
[td]Continental[/td]
[td]Comments[/td]
[/size]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2014/15[/td]
[td]South Africa[/td]
[td]14[/td]
[td]Quarter final[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2015/16[/td]
[td]South Africa[/td]
[td]2[/td]
[td]Semi Finals[/td]
[td]Quarter Finals[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2016/17[/td]
[td]South Africa[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Second Round[/td]
[td]Quarter Finals[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2018[/td]
[td]South Korea[/td]
[td]4[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2019[/td]
[td]South Korea[/td]
[td]4[/td]
[td]Third round[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2020[/td]
[td]Mexico[/td]
[td]4[/td]
[td]Quarter Final[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Patience[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2021[/td]
[td]Mexico[/td]
[td]1[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2022[/td]
[td]Brazil[/td]
[td]Brasilearo(1)[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2023[/td]
[td]Brazil[/td]
[td]Brasilearo(1)[/td]
[td]Left mid season[/td]
[td]Left mid season[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2023/24[/td]
[td]Italy[/td]
[td]Serie A(1)[/td]
[td]2[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2024/25[/td]
[td]Italy[/td]
[td]Serie A(1)[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Semi Finals[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2025/26[/td]
[td]Germany[/td]
[td]Bundesliga(1)[/td]
[td]Left midseason[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Left mid season[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2025/26[/td]
[td]England[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]SF of Europa[/td]
[td]Change is Good![/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2026/27[/td]
[td]France[/td]
[td]Ligue 1(1)[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Tenth Round[/td]
[td]Fourth Round[/td]
[td]QF of Europa[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2027/28[/td]
[td]Spain[/td]
[td]La Liga[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Pentagon!![/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2028/29[/td]
[td]Spain[/td]
[td]La Liga[/td]
[td]Left midseason[/td]
[td]Left midseason[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Left midseason[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2029/30[/td]
[td]Germany[/td]
[td]Bundesliga[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Quarter Finals[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]First KO[/td]
[td]Europe over[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2030[/td]
[td]Mexico[/td]
[td]5/QF[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Ongoing[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2031[/td]
[td]Mexico[/td]
[td]4/QF[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Semi Final[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2031[/td]
[td]Mexico[/td]
[td]Group Stage[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2032[/td]
[td]Mexico[/td]
[td]2/Champions![/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2032/33[/td]
[td]India[/td]
[td]I League[/td]
[td]5[/td]
[td]Group Stage[/td]
[td]Champions[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Home, Sweet Home[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Club
8/10 top domestic leagues(South Africa, Brazil, Italy, England, France, Spain, Germany, Mexico) 
7/10 domestic cups (South Korea, Brazil, Italy, England, Spain, Mexico, India)

International
4/5 continental tournaments (Africa, South America, Asia, North America)

Overall
27/33 trophies

Sankalan Great progress. Just 2 leagues, 3 cups and EURO left. When is the next Euro, and what nations can you get to complete this part of the challenge? Do you have any particular leagues that you want to manage in for the final trophies?

MLS 2022 End of Season Report

With the board expectations set to a top half finish and a media prediction of a similar position, I felt this was like a free shot at the MLS without much pressure. I headed to England to see what players I could get in to improve the squad and brought in a goalkeeper; Fraser Forster, a winger; Alan Judge and an Inside Forward(the most important attacking position for my tactic); Joe Mason. Along with my Draft picks i was able to assemble a very strong squad. We had a fairly decent start and after a while it was clear we were the best team in our Conference as we started to open up a 6 point gap which we pretty much maintained throughout the season. We also continued to remain top of the combined leagues, known as the Supporters' Shield for most of the season but Columbus pushed us close in that. In the end we finished 10 points clear at the top of our Conference and 6 points clear at the top of the Supporters' Shield table. This meant we were through to the Western Conference semi final.

In the semi final we were pitted against Colorado Rapids. We were away in the first leg and came through 2-0 winners quite comfortably in the end. The second leg was pretty much over before it started and it was after 5 mins when our right back opened the scoring with a cracking 30 yard screamer, Colorado had no answer and so we won 3-0 on aggregate. The Western Conference final was a little trickier, we were up against LA Galaxy and again we were away from home in the first leg. Although LA dominated the game we somehow came away with a 1-1 draw. LA again began quickly in the second leg but an impressive performance from Fraser Forster meant we kept LA out. I changed our approach to a flat 4-4-2, meaning Mason was put up front and it paid dividends as he scored 2 goals in 2 minutes and we won the game 2-0.

So it was on to the MLS Cup final and our opponents were NYCFC. It was both clubs' first appearance in the final and the nerves showed in the first half as there was very little of note to happen in the first half. 10 minutes into the second half my first draft pick, Richard Cabrera, opened the scoring with a well taken header. The game sparked into life then with both sides having several chances and New York equalised on 83 minutes. I was not looking forward to extra time as the momentum was with New York. Thankfully our right back popped up with another cracking strike goal on 86 minutes and thanks to some heroics from Forster we were able to hold on and win the MLS Cup. My first league title was secured.

Alan Judge was selected in the MLS Team of the year and Fraser Forster was shortlisted for Goalkeeper of the year. We also secured the Canadian Championship and progressed to the quarter finals of the NACL, which continues in 2023 and the way this season has gone I don't see any reason why we can't go all they way. All in all it was a superb season.

CLUB CAREER

Season     Club			Pos	DC1	DC2	Cont	Notes & Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16   Berwick Rangers(SCO)	1st    	R.4	R.1	n/a	Champions and promoted to League 1.
2016/17   Berwick Rangers(SCO)	2nd	R.4	R.2	n/a	Promoted to Championship via playoffs.
2017/18   Berwick Rangers(SCO)	3rd	R.5	R.3	n/a	Reached playoffs but lost out on chance to go the Premiership. Challenge Cup WINNERS!! Resigned from Berwick.
2018      Suwon FC(KOR)		3rd	n/a	n/a	n/a	Took over with 12 league games remaining. Promoted to K-League Classic via Playoffs.
2019	  Suwon FC(KOR)		9th	R.5	n/a	n/a	Favourites for relegation but survived.
2020	  Suwon FC(KOR)		11th	R.5	n/a	n/a 	Left Suwon for Swallows(RSA) with 9 games to go.
2020/21	  Swallows(RSA)		7th	R.2	WIN	n/a	Took over with one game played. KO Cup WINNERS!!
2021/22	  Swallows(RSA)		6th	n/a	R.2	n/a	Left after 10 games to join Vancouver Whitecaps.
2022	  Vancouver(USA)	1st	n/a	n/a	Q.F	MLS CHAMPIONS!!! Won Canadian Championship. 22/23 NACL still ongoing.

INTERNATIONAL CAREER

Year	Nation        	WC     	Cont.  Conf.  	Notes & Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016	Scotland u19	n/a	n/a	n/a	Qualified for European U19 Championship
2017	Scotland u19				Resigned as Scotland u19 Manager
2019	China u23	n/a	n/a	n/a	Resigned as China u23 Manager without playing a match to take over Tunisia
2019	Tunisia		n/a	n/a	n/a	Qualified for 2020 CHAN.
2020	Tunisia		n/a	n/a	n/a	CHAN WINNERS!! Qualified for 2021 ACON.
2021	Tunisia		n/a	WON	n/a	ACON WINNERS!! Secured  2022 World Cup Qualification.
2022	Tunisia		3rd	n/a	n/a	CHAN WINNERS!! Finsihed 3rd in World Cup. Left Tunisia for Costa Rica after World Cup.
2022	Costa Rica	n/a	n/a	n/a	CAM WINNERS!! 

Club
1/10 top domestic leagues (USA)
1/10 domestic cups (S.Africa)

International
1/5 continental tournaments (Africa)
0/2 world tournaments ()

Earl, just the right person. I plan to get the I-league, now that I have enough wage budget(they doubled it, besides got rid of all the useless Nigerians) but that would leave me with one league and 3 cups to go. Can you tell me which countries have smallest seasons(in terms of league games) and preferably two cups? I know Hong kong has an 18 game season, any other Ideas?

There is the World cup in 2034, so Euros should be 2036, 2040 and then 2044(Dont want to leave it till 2044, You know why;))

Earl, just the right person. I plan to get the I-league, now that I have enough wage budget(they doubled it, besides got rid of all the useless Nigerians) but that would leave me with one league and 3 cups to go. Can you tell me which countries have smallest seasons(in terms of league games) and preferably two cups? I know Hong kong has an 18 game season, any other Ideas?

There is the World cup in 2034, so Euros should be 2036, 2040 and then 2044(Dont want to leave it till 2044, You know why;))

Yeah right so you have 2 shots 2036 and 2040 :p hehe

Just would be fun if someone won leagues that others have never won before. Turkey could be an option I guess, Sweden, Norway and Denmark as well.

3L1G your reputation is boosted by your achievements and what clubs/nations you manage. Your coaching badges is another factor when applying for jobs, but they dont affect your reputation. (At least as far as I know and have experienced in both FM15 and FM16)

3L1G your reputation is boosted by your achievements and what clubs/nations you manage. Your coaching badges is another factor when applying for jobs, but they dont affect your reputation. (At least as far as I know and have experienced in both FM15 and FM16)

Glentoran End of Season 2017/18 (plus other stuff)

Competitions

As you can all see, it was a pretty uninspiring season.

Predicted 5th, finished 7th.

No money to spend on players.

No money to send me on a coaching course.

No ambition from the board.......so I decided to see my contract out, which finished at the end of the season, and then leave, hoping to find a better job.

Since then, I've now had two seasons unemployed.

It just goes to prove that the decisions you make really do affect your career here - when I moved to Glentoran, I really thought I'd be able to make a difference and get my career on track.

The fact they were financially unable to get me a coaching course and I was unable to bring success to a club with no money has failed to enhance my reputation in the game as TheEarl correctly states.

In the two years I've been unemployed, I've applied for loads of jobs - I've not even set my sights that high - but most clubs laugh me off and with the ones that have granted me an interview, the following has happened -

Cliftonville (Northern Ireland) Turned me down after the interview

Liaoning (China) Turned me down after interview

Dergview (Northern Ireland) - they approached me but I declined

Rehne (China) wouldn't allow me to scout further so stopped the interview

Oldham (England) Turned me down after the interview

Linfield (Northern Ireland's top team) Turned me down after the interview

Colchester (England) Turned me down after the interview - I really thought I'd got this job!!

Cliftonville (Northern Ireland) Turned me down after the interview.

I'm very modest in my interviews, I don't demand anything, although I sometimes ask for a parent club or for them to extend the scouting range.

I'm now entering season 20/21 as a 24 year old with a low reputation (5%) and no coaching badges yet.

I think I'm going to take pretty much anything, just to get started!!!!

BHARAT FC I LEAGUE 2033/34 UPDATE

40027234.png

Asthe Year ended, so did the contracts of the Foreigners, and I had a clean slate to (re)start things. Firstly, I signed up a lot of players who hadbeen previously on my shortlist but I couldn't afford their wages, as now my wage budget had been doubled by the board. Interestingly, it seems that the entire league is going through a financian meltdown, as none of the clubs cared to renew the contracts of their key first team indian players, which allowed me to build the team entirely on end of contract transfers. I retained my top two foreigners, and still got a first team of entirely gold-star players, so definitely the squad was now much much better.

The Durand cup as now listed as "Not Important, so I fielded a weakened team(also because we had matches on consequetive days), and suffered a heavy 4-1 loss. The previous years 11 point promise had been apparently forgotten, so the board made me make a new 9 point promise.

I added a Nigerian HOYD as a player/staff and he was my third foreigner. No Asian this time, but we still wo the Fed Cup, gaining entry into the Confed Cup, in which somehow, the board wants me to get to the Finals!

The League was a great experience this time, and our squad was vastly superior to other teams this time round. We were always at the top of the table, after we made it there within three games. My only dissappointment was a guy named Ansari, I got him to play AML, but he got injured for 3 months after the Durand cup, and recovered after a quarter of the league was over. Played the next couple of games and again got injured for three months. He was a 5-star player, on par with the foreigners, so this was a real purple patch. Luckily, My striker from last year developed into a gold-star player and the primary striker could then fill the AML position, so he was not missed much. I left them in the R16 of The AFC Cup, with my best wishes and a champions league to play in next year.

In the mean while, several top jobs became available after the world cup, and somehow, despite the number of trophies I have, England and Spain Laughed off Interest from me. On the other Extreme, Russia was Flattered by my interest, and I got the Job. With Cot d'Ivoire winning the world cup ths time round, I do not think it impossible to win the Euro Cup with Russia, given that I had considerable luck in Europe last time round.

Club wise, I moc=ved to Hong Kong with Kitchee(sorry to disappoint you, Earl, but I really need Under-30 game Leagues at this stage). They are pretty much like pre-decided winners here, and are twice more likely to win than the second favourites. Huge transfer season and loads of wage to spare(mainly due to a 15-man first team) so I guess I can leave within a year. Loaded up Ukraine for next season.

[tr]
[size=4][td]Year[/td]
[td]Nation[/td]
[td]League[/td]
[td]Position[/td]
[td]Cup-1[/td]
[td]Cup-2[/td]
[td]Continental[/td]
[td]Comments[/td]
[/size]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2014/15[/td]
[td]South Africa[/td]
[td]14[/td]
[td]Quarter final[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2015/16[/td]
[td]South Africa[/td]
[td]2[/td]
[td]Semi Finals[/td]
[td]Quarter Finals[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2016/17[/td]
[td]South Africa[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Second Round[/td]
[td]Quarter Finals[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2018[/td]
[td]South Korea[/td]
[td]4[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2019[/td]
[td]South Korea[/td]
[td]4[/td]
[td]Third round[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2020[/td]
[td]Mexico[/td]
[td]4[/td]
[td]Quarter Final[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Patience[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2021[/td]
[td]Mexico[/td]
[td]1[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2022[/td]
[td]Brazil[/td]
[td]Brasilearo(1)[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2023[/td]
[td]Brazil[/td]
[td]Brasilearo(1)[/td]
[td]Left mid season[/td]
[td]Left mid season[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2023/24[/td]
[td]Italy[/td]
[td]Serie A(1)[/td]
[td]2[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2024/25[/td]
[td]Italy[/td]
[td]Serie A(1)[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Semi Finals[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2025/26[/td]
[td]Germany[/td]
[td]Bundesliga(1)[/td]
[td]Left midseason[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Left mid season[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2025/26[/td]
[td]England[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]SF of Europa[/td]
[td]Change is Good![/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2026/27[/td]
[td]France[/td]
[td]Ligue 1(1)[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Tenth Round[/td]
[td]Fourth Round[/td]
[td]QF of Europa[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2027/28[/td]
[td]Spain[/td]
[td]La Liga[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Pentagon!![/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2028/29[/td]
[td]Spain[/td]
[td]La Liga[/td]
[td]Left midseason[/td]
[td]Left midseason[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Left midseason[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2029/30[/td]
[td]Germany[/td]
[td]Bundesliga[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Quarter Finals[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]First KO[/td]
[td]Europe over[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2030[/td]
[td]Mexico[/td]
[td]5/QF[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Ongoing[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2031[/td]
[td]Mexico[/td]
[td]4/QF[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Semi Final[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2031[/td]
[td]Mexico[/td]
[td]Group Stage[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2032[/td]
[td]Mexico[/td]
[td]2/Champions![/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2032/33[/td]
[td]India[/td]
[td]I League[/td]
[td]5[/td]
[td]Group Stage[/td]
[td]Champions[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Club
9/10 top domestic leagues(South Africa, Brazil, Italy, England, France, Spain, Germany, Mexico, India) 

International

Overall
27/33 trophies

BHARAT FC I LEAGUE 2033/34 UPDATE

40027234.png

Asthe Year ended, so did the contracts of the Foreigners, and I had a clean slate to (re)start things. Firstly, I signed up a lot of players who hadbeen previously on my shortlist but I couldn't afford their wages, as now my wage budget had been doubled by the board. Interestingly, it seems that the entire league is going through a financian meltdown, as none of the clubs cared to renew the contracts of their key first team indian players, which allowed me to build the team entirely on end of contract transfers. I retained my top two foreigners, and still got a first team of entirely gold-star players, so definitely the squad was now much much better.

The Durand cup as now listed as "Not Important, so I fielded a weakened team(also because we had matches on consequetive days), and suffered a heavy 4-1 loss. The previous years 11 point promise had been apparently forgotten, so the board made me make a new 9 point promise.

I added a Nigerian HOYD as a player/staff and he was my third foreigner. No Asian this time, but we still wo the Fed Cup, gaining entry into the Confed Cup, in which somehow, the board wants me to get to the Finals!

The League was a great experience this time, and our squad was vastly superior to other teams this time round. We were always at the top of the table, after we made it there within three games. My only dissappointment was a guy named Ansari, I got him to play AML, but he got injured for 3 months after the Durand cup, and recovered after a quarter of the league was over. Played the next couple of games and again got injured for three months. He was a 5-star player, on par with the foreigners, so this was a real purple patch. Luckily, My striker from last year developed into a gold-star player and the primary striker could then fill the AML position, so he was not missed much. I left them in the R16 of The AFC Cup, with my best wishes and a champions league to play in next year.

In the mean while, several top jobs became available after the world cup, and somehow, despite the number of trophies I have, England and Spain Laughed off Interest from me. On the other Extreme, Russia was Flattered by my interest, and I got the Job. With Cot d'Ivoire winning the world cup ths time round, I do not think it impossible to win the Euro Cup with Russia, given that I had considerable luck in Europe last time round.

Club wise, I moc=ved to Hong Kong with Kitchee(sorry to disappoint you, Earl, but I really need Under-30 game Leagues at this stage). They are pretty much like pre-decided winners here, and are twice more likely to win than the second favourites. Huge transfer season and loads of wage to spare(mainly due to a 15-man first team) so I guess I can leave within a year. Loaded up Ukraine for next season.

[tr]
[size=4][td]Year[/td]
[td]Nation[/td]
[td]League[/td]
[td]Position[/td]
[td]Cup-1[/td]
[td]Cup-2[/td]
[td]Continental[/td]
[td]Comments[/td]
[/size]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2014/15[/td]
[td]South Africa[/td]
[td]14[/td]
[td]Quarter final[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2015/16[/td]
[td]South Africa[/td]
[td]2[/td]
[td]Semi Finals[/td]
[td]Quarter Finals[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2016/17[/td]
[td]South Africa[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Second Round[/td]
[td]Quarter Finals[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2018[/td]
[td]South Korea[/td]
[td]4[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2019[/td]
[td]South Korea[/td]
[td]4[/td]
[td]Third round[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2020[/td]
[td]Mexico[/td]
[td]4[/td]
[td]Quarter Final[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Patience[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2021[/td]
[td]Mexico[/td]
[td]1[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2022[/td]
[td]Brazil[/td]
[td]Brasilearo(1)[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2023[/td]
[td]Brazil[/td]
[td]Brasilearo(1)[/td]
[td]Left mid season[/td]
[td]Left mid season[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2023/24[/td]
[td]Italy[/td]
[td]Serie A(1)[/td]
[td]2[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2024/25[/td]
[td]Italy[/td]
[td]Serie A(1)[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Semi Finals[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2025/26[/td]
[td]Germany[/td]
[td]Bundesliga(1)[/td]
[td]Left midseason[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Left mid season[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2025/26[/td]
[td]England[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]SF of Europa[/td]
[td]Change is Good![/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2026/27[/td]
[td]France[/td]
[td]Ligue 1(1)[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Tenth Round[/td]
[td]Fourth Round[/td]
[td]QF of Europa[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2027/28[/td]
[td]Spain[/td]
[td]La Liga[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Pentagon!![/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2028/29[/td]
[td]Spain[/td]
[td]La Liga[/td]
[td]Left midseason[/td]
[td]Left midseason[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Left midseason[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2029/30[/td]
[td]Germany[/td]
[td]Bundesliga[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Quarter Finals[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]First KO[/td]
[td]Europe over[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2030[/td]
[td]Mexico[/td]
[td]5/QF[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Ongoing[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2031[/td]
[td]Mexico[/td]
[td]4/QF[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Semi Final[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2031[/td]
[td]Mexico[/td]
[td]Group Stage[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2032[/td]
[td]Mexico[/td]
[td]2/Champions![/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2032/33[/td]
[td]India[/td]
[td]I League[/td]
[td]5[/td]
[td]Group Stage[/td]
[td]Champions[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2033/34[/td]
[td]India[/td]
[td]I League[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Group Stage[/td]
[td]Ongoing[/td]
[td]Leaving towards my last League[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Club
9/10 top domestic leagues(South Africa, Brazil, Italy, England, France, Spain, Germany, Mexico, India) 

International

Overall
28/33 trophies

Congrats Sankalan, 3L1G, JoeL, Joe and everyone else I might missed...Keep up...

On my side, just managed to finish the third season. Still in Korea with Anyang. First year in K League Classic, with prediction to finish 11th...Started terribly, with 8 points in 9 matches, but gradually caught up...Ended up 5th, with 3 teams qualifying for ACL...The tough moment was that the team reached the final of the FA cup, where I thought might had been the first title, but lost poorly there..The team is also in bad financial situation, so I am currently thinking whether it makes sense to keep on a bit more with the same team or try to move on somewhere with more reasonable chances to get a title.

By the way, I have tried to apply to a number of national teams, but they reject my application immediately. Has anyone else faced this?

CLUB CAREER

Season        Club                League           Position        Cup 1      Cup 2       Cont.                 Notes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015  KOR Gyeongnam        K Challenge (2nd)         -                                           Took over after 13 games, sacked after 8 games
2015  KOR Anyang           K Challenge (2nd)        5th                                              Took over with 10 games left 7th, ended up 5th
2016  KOR Anyang           K Challenge (2nd)        1st          5th rou.                         Champions! Promotion to K Classic
2017  KOR Anyang           K Classic (1st)          5th         Final                             Lost in the final of FA cup. That hurt!

KITCHEE PREMIER LEAGUE 2034/35 UPDATE

133674.png

Not much to report here, we were expected to win the league and won it, along with the FA cup, and somehow missed out on the Senior shield. All competitions here are 10 team competitions, so everything moves on pretty fast. South China challenged hard for the league, but fell short at last, and we managed to beat them home and away, though they got back on us in the Senior shield QF and went on to win that competition.

On the inter national front, the nations league was dissapointing, but then it was not important anyway. We have won the first three of our EURO Quals group matches, so It looks pretty good for the future.

[tr]
[size=4][td]Year[/td]
[td]Nation[/td]
[td]League[/td]
[td]Position[/td]
[td]Cup-1[/td]
[td]Cup-2[/td]
[td]Continental[/td]
[td]Comments[/td]
[/size]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2014/15[/td]
[td]South Africa[/td]
[td]14[/td]
[td]Quarter final[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2015/16[/td]
[td]South Africa[/td]
[td]2[/td]
[td]Semi Finals[/td]
[td]Quarter Finals[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2016/17[/td]
[td]South Africa[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Second Round[/td]
[td]Quarter Finals[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2018[/td]
[td]South Korea[/td]
[td]4[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2019[/td]
[td]South Korea[/td]
[td]4[/td]
[td]Third round[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2020[/td]
[td]Mexico[/td]
[td]4[/td]
[td]Quarter Final[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Patience[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2021[/td]
[td]Mexico[/td]
[td]1[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2022[/td]
[td]Brazil[/td]
[td]Brasilearo(1)[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2023[/td]
[td]Brazil[/td]
[td]Brasilearo(1)[/td]
[td]Left mid season[/td]
[td]Left mid season[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2023/24[/td]
[td]Italy[/td]
[td]Serie A(1)[/td]
[td]2[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2024/25[/td]
[td]Italy[/td]
[td]Serie A(1)[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Semi Finals[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2025/26[/td]
[td]Germany[/td]
[td]Bundesliga(1)[/td]
[td]Left midseason[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Left mid season[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2025/26[/td]
[td]England[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]SF of Europa[/td]
[td]Change is Good![/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2026/27[/td]
[td]France[/td]
[td]Ligue 1(1)[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Tenth Round[/td]
[td]Fourth Round[/td]
[td]QF of Europa[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2027/28[/td]
[td]Spain[/td]
[td]La Liga[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Pentagon!![/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2028/29[/td]
[td]Spain[/td]
[td]La Liga[/td]
[td]Left midseason[/td]
[td]Left midseason[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Left midseason[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2029/30[/td]
[td]Germany[/td]
[td]Bundesliga[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Quarter Finals[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]First KO[/td]
[td]Europe over[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2030[/td]
[td]Mexico[/td]
[td]5/QF[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Ongoing[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2031[/td]
[td]Mexico[/td]
[td]4/QF[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Semi Final[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2031[/td]
[td]Mexico[/td]
[td]Group Stage[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2032[/td]
[td]Mexico[/td]
[td]2/Champions![/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2032/33[/td]
[td]India[/td]
[td]I League[/td]
[td]5[/td]
[td]Group Stage[/td]
[td]Champions[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2033/34[/td]
[td]India[/td]
[td]I League[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Group Stage[/td]
[td]Ongoing[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2034/35[/td]
[td]Hong Kong[/td]
[td]Premier League[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Quarter Finals[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Leagues part done[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Club
10/10 top domestic leagues(South Africa, Brazil, Italy, England, France, Spain, Germany, Mexico, India, Hong Kong)[b]COMPLETED[/b]
8/10 domestic cups (South Korea, Brazil, Italy, England, Spain, Mexico, India, Hong Kong)

International

Overall
30/33 trophies

METALISTS AND RUSSIA SEASON 2035/36 UPDATE

130868.png791.png

The ukraine season is 26 games long with a huge winter break. Upto the winter break, everything was dreamy. We had gone through the Europa league group stage, Made it to the quarters of the Cup and were leading the league by three points.

Things changed after the Break. We started well with a 4-2 europa win against Feyenoord, but they beat us 6-0 in the return leg to kick us out of that competition. we lost a the first league game, and Shaktar came up. For the next half a dozen games, it was a tug of war between us, no more than a point separating us. Then came our away game against them where they beat us 3-1. We never got back to them. They won the league and we finished second, 4 points behind them.

The main competition for me though was the cup, and in it Shaktar never got to the finals. It was easy for us, with teams poorer than us fielding rotated squads to fight off our best 11. We won the final 1-0.

Now let us go on to the Euros. Bad start, lost 4-0 to Belgium. Up next Hungary. Never going to lose that one and was sad with. Poland defeated us 1-0. STILL we progressed, so I believed that luck was on our side, and if not win the competition, I wanted to personally knockout Portugal, Spain and England. Okay, atleast one of them. But that was not to be. In the Second round, We got France. In a game where we were hopelessly outclassed, my luck continued, and we won on Penalties. Next we were up against the English. But wait, we were not. They got kicked out by the Serbs, who we met in the Quarters. Thought that would be easy, but still needed penalties. Here, we were up against Greece. Well, I guess that this tournament was built for upsets, and Spain and Czech were in the other semifinal. This time, no upset, Spain won 1-0 after extratime. Meanwhile, we defeated Greece, AGAIN ON PENALTIES. So Spain now. And I felt that I knew the result already. And I did. WON 4-1 ON PENALTIES. I really feel so sad that I won against Hungary. Only if it had been three draws insted of that win, I could have set the record of winning the Euros without winning a Single match

RCQ2oVR.png

This will probably be my penultimate update, unless I have some really bad luck in Malaysia where I am about to head next. I anyway have 7 years to get the last cup ;)

[tr]
[size=4][td]Year[/td]
[td]Nation[/td]
[td]League[/td]
[td]Position[/td]
[td]Cup-1[/td]
[td]Cup-2[/td]
[td]Continental[/td]
[td]Comments[/td]
[/size]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2014/15[/td]
[td]South Africa[/td]
[td]14[/td]
[td]Quarter final[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2015/16[/td]
[td]South Africa[/td]
[td]2[/td]
[td]Semi Finals[/td]
[td]Quarter Finals[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2016/17[/td]
[td]South Africa[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Second Round[/td]
[td]Quarter Finals[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2018[/td]
[td]South Korea[/td]
[td]4[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2019[/td]
[td]South Korea[/td]
[td]4[/td]
[td]Third round[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2020[/td]
[td]Mexico[/td]
[td]4[/td]
[td]Quarter Final[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Patience[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2021[/td]
[td]Mexico[/td]
[td]1[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2022[/td]
[td]Brazil[/td]
[td]Brasilearo(1)[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2023[/td]
[td]Brazil[/td]
[td]Brasilearo(1)[/td]
[td]Left mid season[/td]
[td]Left mid season[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2023/24[/td]
[td]Italy[/td]
[td]Serie A(1)[/td]
[td]2[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2024/25[/td]
[td]Italy[/td]
[td]Serie A(1)[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Semi Finals[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2025/26[/td]
[td]Germany[/td]
[td]Bundesliga(1)[/td]
[td]Left midseason[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Left mid season[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2025/26[/td]
[td]England[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]SF of Europa[/td]
[td]Change is Good![/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2026/27[/td]
[td]France[/td]
[td]Ligue 1(1)[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Tenth Round[/td]
[td]Fourth Round[/td]
[td]QF of Europa[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2027/28[/td]
[td]Spain[/td]
[td]La Liga[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Pentagon!![/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2028/29[/td]
[td]Spain[/td]
[td]La Liga[/td]
[td]Left midseason[/td]
[td]Left midseason[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Left midseason[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2029/30[/td]
[td]Germany[/td]
[td]Bundesliga[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Quarter Finals[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]First KO[/td]
[td]Europe over[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2030[/td]
[td]Mexico[/td]
[td]5/QF[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Ongoing[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2031[/td]
[td]Mexico[/td]
[td]4/QF[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Semi Final[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2031[/td]
[td]Mexico[/td]
[td]Group Stage[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2032[/td]
[td]Mexico[/td]
[td]2/Champions![/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2032/33[/td]
[td]India[/td]
[td]I League[/td]
[td]5[/td]
[td]Group Stage[/td]
[td]Champions[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2033/34[/td]
[td]India[/td]
[td]I League[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Group Stage[/td]
[td]Ongoing[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2034/35[/td]
[td]Hong Kong[/td]
[td]Premier League[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Quarter Finals[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2035/36[/td]
[td]Ukraine[/td]
[td]Premier League[/td]
[td]2[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Europa, 1st KO[/td]
[td]International Part Done[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Club
10/10 top domestic leagues(South Africa, Brazil, Italy, England, France, Spain, Germany, Mexico, India, Hong Kong)[b]COMPLETED[/b]
9/10 domestic cups (South Korea, Brazil, Italy, England, Spain, Mexico, India, Hong Kong, Ukraine)

International
5/5 continental tournaments (Africa, South America, Asia, North America, Europe)[b]COMPLETED[/b]

Overall
32/33 trophies

Well done on the Euros, Sankalan. Getting out of the group with only 3 points is some luck alright. And winning all the knockouts on pens is something else, you must have had some very good and composed spot kick takers. That and a super keeper. :applause:

With Champions League football this season i was determined to buy myself a decent showing and to that end i spent £3.7m in the transfer market bolstering the team. Our squad was majorly improved and the first XI boasted 6 new starters. We got off to the perfect start by winning our opening CL game 2-1 against Australian side Central Coast Mariners FC. This was to be the highlight of our time as whilst we would beat them again we would crash out in the group stage, picking up 7 points from 6 games. A particular low point losing 1-5 at home to South Korean FC Seoul. Korean teams ave won the competition for the last 4 years and i feel i need to move to Korea if i want to lift this trophy.

Domestically our season started in FA Super Cup, a one game season opener between last seasons League and FA Cup winners. In an even game we lost 2-1 away at Shandong Luneng. It was followed up with a 4-1 loss in the Super League meaning we lost 4 of our opening 5 games in all competitions. A change of tactics from 4-4-2 to 4-2-3-1 would help turn our season around.

Our quest to retain the FA Cup saw us advance to the Semi Final with an easy 4th round 4-0 win and an easy Quarter Final 2-0 win, both against lower league opposition. The Semi final pitted us against super rich Guangzhou Hengda (Who have a £9m striker) and whilst we managed a great 0-0 away from home they turned us over 0-2 at our place and we went out with a wimper. I let rip but this loss would allow us to focus on the league.

The league season was one to remember. We would spend 21 of 30 rounds sat in 3rd place in the league. Always in contention but never looking like we would win it. We put together an almighty run though winning 5 games of 7 to top the league for the first time this season with 1 game to go. That meant all we had to do was win the last game of the season away at the bottom club to win our first top flight title and my first league title. The game started well and we were 0-1 up after 20 minutes, centre back Jake Wright volleying home from a corner for his first goal of the season. Sadly the nerves started to tell from that point on and we conceded less that 60 seconds later. We were under major pressure from that point forward and things only got worse when our full back saw red after 54 minutes. We would remain under the cosh for the rest of the game but in the 83rd minute we had a rare attack and a cross to the back post found club captain Wei Shihao who placed a low shot into the bottom corner. Our star player turning up as he has done for the last 3 years just when it mattered most. We held on to win the league.

On the award front Wei Shihao won the clubs player and young player of the year for the 3rd year in a row. He also retained Chinese Young Player of the year. I also picked up personal glory with Manager of the year.

With me i am now rated as Decent 2* with a Continental C Licence and working towards my B Licence which takes 12 months to get. I applied for a job at Jeonbuk Hyundai Motors in the Korean K League and got rejected as soon as i applied. They are Champions League current holders but finished 7th out of 12 in their league and are 3 star continental rated. Thought i would get an interview but i guess not.

I hope for a better showing in the Champions League next season but we arent good enough to compete and cant attract the best players. Despite winning the league i cant attract the best players from our division.

[b]CLUB CAREER
Season        Club                                                   1st  2nd   Cont.   CWC    Managerial Statistics              | Notes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/b]
2016    CHI   Beijing Beikong   National First Division - 2nd        Q/F  N/A    N/A    N/A    P34  W23  D4  L7   F73  A37  W67%  | Promoted
2017    CHI   Beijing Beikong   Chinese Super League - 5th           Won  N/A    N/A    N/A    P37  W20  D8  L9   F57  A42  W54%  | FA Cup Winners
2018    CHI   Beijing Beikong   Chinese Super League - 1st           S/F  N/A    Grp    N/A    P41  W23  D6  L12  F67  A45  W56%  | League Winners, All Star game Winners & FA Super Cup Runners Up. Manager of the year. 

[b]Challenge Progress

Club
1/10 top domestic leagues (Chinese Super League)
[b]
International
0/2 world tournaments ()

With Champions League football this season i was determined to buy myself a decent showing and to that end i spent £3.7m in the transfer market bolstering the team. Our squad was majorly improved and the first XI boasted 6 new starters. We got off to the perfect start by winning our opening CL game 2-1 against Australian side Central Coast Mariners FC. This was to be the highlight of our time as whilst we would beat them again we would crash out in the group stage, picking up 7 points from 6 games. A particular low point losing 1-5 at home to South Korean FC Seoul. Korean teams ave won the competition for the last 4 years and i feel i need to move to Korea if i want to lift this trophy.

Domestically our season started in FA Super Cup, a one game season opener between last seasons League and FA Cup winners. In an even game we lost 2-1 away at Shandong Luneng. It was followed up with a 4-1 loss in the Super League meaning we lost 4 of our opening 5 games in all competitions. A change of tactics from 4-4-2 to 4-2-3-1 would help turn our season around.

Our quest to retain the FA Cup saw us advance to the Semi Final with an easy 4th round 4-0 win and an easy Quarter Final 2-0 win, both against lower league opposition. The Semi final pitted us against super rich Guangzhou Hengda (Who have a £9m striker) and whilst we managed a great 0-0 away from home they turned us over 0-2 at our place and we went out with a wimper. I let rip but this loss would allow us to focus on the league.

The league season was one to remember. We would spend 21 of 30 rounds sat in 3rd place in the league. Always in contention but never looking like we would win it. We put together an almighty run though winning 5 games of 7 to top the league for the first time this season with 1 game to go. That meant all we had to do was win the last game of the season away at the bottom club to win our first top flight title and my first league title. The game started well and we were 0-1 up after 20 minutes, centre back Jake Wright volleying home from a corner for his first goal of the season. Sadly the nerves started to tell from that point on and we conceded less that 60 seconds later. We were under major pressure from that point forward and things only got worse when our full back saw red after 54 minutes. We would remain under the cosh for the rest of the game but in the 83rd minute we had a rare attack and a cross to the back post found club captain Wei Shihao who placed a low shot into the bottom corner. Our star player turning up as he has done for the last 3 years just when it mattered most. We held on to win the league.

On the award front Wei Shihao won the clubs player and young player of the year for the 3rd year in a row. He also retained Chinese Young Player of the year. I also picked up personal glory with Manager of the year.

With me i am now rated as Decent 2* with a Continental C Licence and working towards my B Licence which takes 12 months to get. I applied for a job at Jeonbuk Hyundai Motors in the Korean K League and got rejected as soon as i applied. They are Champions League current holders but finished 7th out of 12 in their league and are 3 star continental rated. Thought i would get an interview but i guess not.

I hope for a better showing in the Champions League next season but we arent good enough to compete and cant attract the best players. Despite winning the league i cant attract the best players from our division.

[b]CLUB CAREER
Season        Club                                                   1st  2nd   Cont.   CWC    Managerial Statistics              | Notes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/b]
2016    CHI   Beijing Beikong   National First Division - 2nd        Q/F  N/A    N/A    N/A    P34  W23  D4  L7   F73  A37  W67%  | Promoted
2017    CHI   Beijing Beikong   Chinese Super League - 5th           Won  N/A    N/A    N/A    P37  W20  D8  L9   F57  A42  W54%  | FA Cup Winners
2018    CHI   Beijing Beikong   Chinese Super League - 1st           S/F  N/A    Grp    N/A    P41  W23  D6  L12  F67  A45  W56%  | League Winners, All Star game Winners & FA Super Cup Runners Up. Manager of the year. 

[b]Challenge Progress

Club
1/10 top domestic leagues (Chinese Super League)
[b]
International
0/2 world tournaments ()

Well Done And Keep Trying You'll Get A Better Team Soon

JOHOR DARUL TAKZIM MALASIAN SUPER LEAGUE 2036/37 UPDATE

23195015.png

Was lucky to get the best team in Malaysia, Johor DT. Was even more lucky to get Sunil Shameer, an Indian (not)playing at OM. I was chasing him since my first year at Bharat. He had a perrenially expired contract, and kept oscillating between the Bench and Reserves at OM and always felt that moving to India or Honk Kong would be a step in the wrong direction. How he signed for an even poor Malaysian team baffles me. Anyway, three of my four foreigners here were Indians, and this guy Sunil, sent pushed all players of the supossedly best squad in Malaysia to three stars or less.

In fact, when I got the job, we were still in the malaysian cup, but had been anti-viked, as we could not proceed to the quarters anymore. So, bring on the season. And bring on the draws. In the first half of the season, we were unbeaten at the top of the table, but had allowed 6 draws(out of 11 matches), and were ahead of Saraswak only on goal difference. Then Polis DRM defeated us, and I gave my entire squad a piece of my mind and it seemed to work. We smashed Saraswak in the next match 3-0, followed by a 5-game winning run, which almost guaranteed us the title, but then we drew against Perak, again against Lions, and yet again against Kelantan which kept Pahang(and Saraswak) in the hunt. the final match was against Pahang at home. The winner would take the league, a draw would favour us. And it was a draw!

My work was far from done though. I had won enough leagues, it was the cup that I had come for. Even though there was still the Malaysian Cup to start, the FA cup final was three days away, and so could be my title of "The Ultimate Football Manager". No suspense here, we won the cup. Sunil Shameer finished with the highest number of assists in both the league and the cup, though I expected more from him. The Formality of the Malaysian cup was left now. We exited in the semis.

I felt nostalgic now, and having seen a still boyish looking Hallilovic succeed me at Metalist did not help. I went back to the profile of Amazulu, the club who gave me a chance, when no one else would. Nowadays, perrenial contenders of the South African Premier league, their reputation is a 3.5 star continental. I went on their squad of my time, and requested a "Where are they now?". I expected a lot of staff, but nothing. They had all retired. Marcos Vitagliano, a player I discovered while in Brazil, but could never sign, is the new Argentine superstar at Barcelona. He is 31, and has won 6 Ballon d'Ors already, and still has a hope of chasing down Messi's 10.

[tr]
[size=4][td]Year[/td]
[td]Nation[/td]
[td]League[/td]
[td]Position[/td]
[td]Cup-1[/td]
[td]Cup-2[/td]
[td]Continental[/td]
[td]Comments[/td]
[/size]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2014/15[/td]
[td]South Africa[/td]
[td]14[/td]
[td]Quarter final[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2015/16[/td]
[td]South Africa[/td]
[td]2[/td]
[td]Semi Finals[/td]
[td]Quarter Finals[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2016/17[/td]
[td]South Africa[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Second Round[/td]
[td]Quarter Finals[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2018[/td]
[td]South Korea[/td]
[td]4[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2019[/td]
[td]South Korea[/td]
[td]4[/td]
[td]Third round[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2020[/td]
[td]Mexico[/td]
[td]4[/td]
[td]Quarter Final[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Patience[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2021[/td]
[td]Mexico[/td]
[td]1[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2022[/td]
[td]Brazil[/td]
[td]Brasilearo(1)[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2023[/td]
[td]Brazil[/td]
[td]Brasilearo(1)[/td]
[td]Left mid season[/td]
[td]Left mid season[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2023/24[/td]
[td]Italy[/td]
[td]Serie A(1)[/td]
[td]2[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2024/25[/td]
[td]Italy[/td]
[td]Serie A(1)[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Semi Finals[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2025/26[/td]
[td]Germany[/td]
[td]Bundesliga(1)[/td]
[td]Left midseason[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Left mid season[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2025/26[/td]
[td]England[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]SF of Europa[/td]
[td]Change is Good![/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2026/27[/td]
[td]France[/td]
[td]Ligue 1(1)[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Tenth Round[/td]
[td]Fourth Round[/td]
[td]QF of Europa[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2027/28[/td]
[td]Spain[/td]
[td]La Liga[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Pentagon!![/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2028/29[/td]
[td]Spain[/td]
[td]La Liga[/td]
[td]Left midseason[/td]
[td]Left midseason[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Left midseason[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2029/30[/td]
[td]Germany[/td]
[td]Bundesliga[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Quarter Finals[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]First KO[/td]
[td]Europe over[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2030[/td]
[td]Mexico[/td]
[td]5/QF[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Ongoing[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2031[/td]
[td]Mexico[/td]
[td]4/QF[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Semi Final[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2031[/td]
[td]Mexico[/td]
[td]Group Stage[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2032[/td]
[td]Mexico[/td]
[td]2/Champions![/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2032/33[/td]
[td]India[/td]
[td]I League[/td]
[td]5[/td]
[td]Group Stage[/td]
[td]Champions[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2033/34[/td]
[td]India[/td]
[td]I League[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Group Stage[/td]
[td]Ongoing[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2034/35[/td]
[td]Hong Kong[/td]
[td]Premier League[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Quarter Finals[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2035/36[/td]
[td]Ukraine[/td]
[td]Premier League[/td]
[td]2[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Europa, 1st KO[/td]
[td]International Part Done[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2036/37[/td]
[td]Malaysia[/td]
[td]Super League[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Semi Final[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Challenge Complete!!![/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Club
11/10 top domestic leagues(South Africa, Brazil, Italy, England, France, Spain, Germany, Mexico, India, Hong Kong, Malaysia)[b]COMPLETED[/b]
10/10 domestic cups (South Korea, Brazil, Italy, England, Spain, Mexico, India, Hong Kong, Ukraine, Malaysia)[b]COMPLETED[/b]

International
5/5 continental tournaments (Africa, South America, Asia, North America, Europe)[b]COMPLETED[/b]

Overall
34/33 trophies[b]COMPLETED[/b]

EOC

Sankalan - Congratulations on achieving the challenge. I've added you to the Hall.

T&TD - I presume you applied for the Jeonbuk job after winning the CSL. People are reporting that it's a lot more difficult to get jobs in other countries based on your success in your current one, which would obviously make the challenge a lot more difficult. Then again, getting jobs was not usually straight forward in FM15 either. Jeonbuk is never an easy club to get the job at. I did win the CL with a Chinese club, but it was Guangzhou. Certainly is easier with korean clubs, but you'll be giving up a lot of job security if you leave Beijing.

n86 - Some people have found it easier to get international jobs by getting a junior one (e.g. U23) first.

3L1G - Maybe you're doing something wrong, like taking a bag of chips into the interview. (I once had a young lad do that. He didn't get the position). As regards jobs in china, as you can only have 3 foreigners, scouting range maybe isn't that important. I've acknowledged that people are saying that it's harder to get new jobs in FM16, but even in FM15, winning smaller leagues seemed to make no difference at all to the jobs that one could get. A few people won quickly in Hong Kong or Indonesia, and it didin't seem to advance their careers. If you haven't won anything yet, aren't you tempted to start again? Do you have any coaching badges yet?

Vikeologist, thank you. Now while you are awaiting a patent(to 'vike' a competition), I am awaiting on one too: to "Sank" a competition:win knockouts without winning a single game. great to share the hall with you guys, anyway

No, Earl, do not have that game. I anyway feel a bit addicted to football manager now, so need time off anyway.

T&TD - I presume you applied for the Jeonbuk job after winning the CSL. People are reporting that it's a lot more difficult to get jobs in other countries based on your success in your current one, which would obviously make the challenge a lot more difficult. Then again, getting jobs was not usually straight forward in FM15 either. Jeonbuk is never an easy club to get the job at. I did win the CL with a Chinese club, but it was Guangzhou. Certainly is easier with korean clubs, but you'll be giving up a lot of job security if you leave Beijing.

You are right i am struggling to get a good job in another country even after my success. Guangzhou are easily the best Chinese team in terms of squad, Elkeson up top is amazing, and i feel they are the only Chinese team who i could win the CL with. Sadly the job hasnt come up yet as they compete for everything. I'm considering leaving Beijing at the end of my fourth season with them and then just looking for a new job. Hopefully add another trophy or two by that time but its been a poor season so far, losing as much as i win despite improving the squad.

Quite impressed to see people completing this within 20 seasons..

I fear I'll be making incredibly slow progress in comparison! I also only ever get to play 2 or 3 games at a time, so 1 season for me may take a good week or two.

That said, I'm currently top of the Vanarama National with Morecambe and have roughly 10 games to go. I keep applying for jobs higher up the spectrum, but have yet to be interviewed. I guess if I manage to win the league, that may change a little.