The Ultimate Football Manager Challenge - Silver Age Archive

440px-England_national_football_team_cre

New Job: England National Team

For the third straight year, England and Portugal met in the Euro Finals, with Portugal coming out on top in ET. Applied for England and Germany, the former offered me a job first. Pretty solid squad to work with, but desperately need to improve goal scoring. Their top two scorers from Euros were TAA and a (regen) CB from United, with two each. UEFA Nations league is up first, hopefully can figure out setup/tactics there. Don't need the World Cup for the challenge, but hopefully can bring more success than they've had so far in my save. Despite their success in Euros, England hasn't made it past the QFs in the World Cup in my save. 

Revisiting past jobs:

Tuks:  Won the league again in 2030-31 (my first year at LFC). Got knocked out of in the QFs of CAF CL.

Dalian Yifang: Won the league every season since my departure, but that run might be in jeopardy this year (2 points behind Guangzhou Evergrande through matchday 21). Also won four more FA cups and an AFC CL trophy. 

Celta Vigo: Established themselves as a model of consistency, finishing between 63 and 71 points and 5th-7th place every season. 

Benfica: Continue to dominate domestically. Got knocked out by Inter, then Liverpool (my first year) in the knockout rounds, before getting ousted by Barca in the Semis last year. 

US: Largely irrelevant, as usual, until lifting the Gold Cup again in 2031. Which, of course, means they're still irrelevant.

Holland: Knocked out in the semis by England at Euro 2032. 

Other random news:

Portal is an 10-11 favorite to win the golden boot and 'evens' to win player of the year...no pressure.

Apparently, after beating Tottenham in the Super Cup, I am officially the greatest manager of all-time. Would have thought maybe the UCL Trophies and World Cup, but nah, Super Cup. That's the standard by which greatness is measured. 

Edited by XuluBak

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been reading this  forum for a while and now going to take the plunge and start this challenge for the first time, and it may be my last ever fm game in conjunction with the Dafuge Challenge where I am currently in premier league with Gainsborough.

my starting profile, 19yrs old welsh/english.  started with UK nations, SA, China, Australia, South American nations loaded. Hope this is all fine @vikeologist?

76CXH2d.png

I wanted to start in my native wales and lucky enough Cefn Druids job available at the start of my game in may. 1000-1 prediction, so a lot to do in preseason if to topple the mighty TNS to start the challenge with a first domestic league and cup.

VS46qPc.pngIpQ79e8.png

I have been debating about doing a european journeyman first as dont like playing with regens too much but think I will try to build up in order, do Wales - South Africa - China/Aus - USA - Braz/Arg  then the european top leagues. Will probably next update in 5 seasons time.

31 minutes ago, jamespthomas said:

I've been reading this  forum for a while and now going to take the plunge and start this challenge for the first time, and it may be my last ever fm game in conjunction with the Dafuge Challenge where I am currently in premier league with Gainsborough.

my starting profile, 19yrs old welsh/english.  started with UK nations, SA, China, Australia, South American nations loaded. Hope this is all fine @vikeologist?

I wanted to start in my native wales and lucky enough Cefn Druids job available at the start of my game in may. 1000-1 prediction, so a lot to do in preseason if to topple the mighty TNS to start the challenge with a first domestic league and cup.

I have been debating about doing a european journeyman first as dont like playing with regens too much but think I will try to build up in order, do Wales - South Africa - China/Aus - USA - Braz/Arg  then the european top leagues. Will probably next update in 5 seasons time.

Welcome to the challenge.

Vikeologist's Everton 2025/26 Report

Image result for everton fc

We won the Carabao Cup for the third year in a row. At this rate I’ll soon have my 10 domestic trophies. Trouble is they’ll all be the same one. It’s not as though I’m even trying very hard to win it. I play my substitutes until the final usually.

We finished 3rd in the league, after a dreadful start where we lost 3 of our first 5 matches. 3rd sounds good, but we finished a long way behind Liverpool and Man Utd, the top 2.

20200516150725_1.thumb.jpg.521acc52404829aef1c4aa545e3c2d17.jpg

Reached the Champions League final against Paris SG. We lost 3-1. It was a fairly even match until our young left back, called into action because of an injury to the starter, was given a straight red for a foul.

Hopefully I’ll have a lot more, and better, chances to win the Champions League. It will be super annoying if I win all big 5 leagues in Europe, and have to hang around somewhere just to try to win it.

Top Goalscorer – Richarlison – 29

I’ve sold Richarlison to Barcelona, the top scorer for all 3 of my seasons here, and he’s leaving at the end of the season. This might be a mistake, but he was earning a fortune, and I had more strikers than I needed. He never played in his best position for me, so the real danger is that he’ll come back to haunt me in matches against Barcelona. Fact is I need the transfer money. Trouble is that I’m also selling Sandro, the striker that had the highest average rating and MoMs the previous 2 seasons. If I’d known I’d subsequently be able to sell Sandro, I might have held on to Richarlison despite the money.

Highest Average Rating (minimum 10 matches played) – Ainsley Maitland-Niles – 7.41

I was surprised he had the highest ranking, but Ainsley, my midfield general, is hugely important.

Man of The Match – Richarlison – 7

Not making me feel better about selling him.

Most Valuable Player– Christopher McKay

I decided that McKay was my MVP again near the end of the season, because we were so much worse without him. He really is magnificent. But I could have easily given it to Maitland-Niles, who played more matches than everybody except my starting goalie. I guess A M-N is the wife and McKay is the mistress. I’m choosing excitement over solidity. I am also keeping both. I’m just giving my bit on the side (of the pitch) the trinkets.

What’s next? Well, in the immediate future I have the World Cup with Uruguay. I don’t expect much, but I’ve changed tactics, and it worked well in 2 friendlies. I have nothing to lose. We were second rate with the old tactic. All or nothing.

I applied for the vacant Man City job near the end of the season, but didn’t get it, maybe because I wouldn’t have joined until the end of the season.

There’s a big gap between us and the other teams, and we don’t have the money to get the players in I need, but obviously we have a little more money now.

If any top jobs become available over the summer, for instance after the World Cup, I probably will apply.

I will also be applying for international jobs, unless by some miracle Uruguay win the World Cup. Even then, if I could get the Brazil or Argentina jobs, I’d be a fool to stay.

Domestic
Season	Team		Division		Position	MVP				Notes										
20/21	Folkestone	England VNL South	4th		Alfie Matthews 	(SC) 		Lost in playoff S/F
21/22	Folkestone	England VNL South	1st		Jobi McAnuff	(MR)		FA Cup R4, won league by a country mile.
22/23	Folkestone	England VNL Conference	1st		Dion Rankine	(MR)		FA Cup R4 again, back to back promotions to the Football League
23/24	Folkestone	England League 2	4th and lost in playoff final without me 	Left after 21 matches with Folkestone in 2nd and on course for 3rd promotion in a row.
23/24	Everton		Premier League		11th		Alexander Nübel	(GK)		Took over after 16 matches. Won Carabao Cup.
24/25	Everton		Premier League		7th		Christopher McKay (MR)		Won Carabao Cup (again) and Europa League, thus qualifying for Champions League.
25/26	Everton		Premier League		3rd		Christopher McKay (MR)		Carabao Cup Threepeat, Lost in CL Final.

International
Year		Team				Achievements
23	Indonesia U23			Topped U23 Asian Nations Cup Qualifying.Quit shortly afterwards.
24-	Uruguay				Qualified for World Cup.

Challenge Progress 1/32

Club
 0/10 top domestic leagues 				
 1/10 domestic cups 			(England)						
 0/5 club continental championships	 	
 0/1 club world championship

International
 0/5 continental tournaments 		
 0/2 world tournaments 	

Edited by vikeologist

2 hours ago, vikeologist said:

Vikeologist's Everton 2025/26 Report

Image result for everton fc

We won the Carabao Cup for the third year in a row. At this rate I’ll soon have my 10 domestic trophies. Trouble is they’ll all be the same one. It’s not as though I’m even trying very hard to win it. I play my substitutes until the final usually.

We finished 3rd in the league, after a dreadful start where we lost 3 of our first 5 matches. 3rd sounds good, but we finished a long way behind Liverpool and Man Utd, the top 2.

20200516150725_1.thumb.jpg.521acc52404829aef1c4aa545e3c2d17.jpg

Reached the Champions League final against Paris SG. We lost 3-1. It was a fairly even match until our young left back, called into action because of an injury to the starter, was given a straight red for a foul.

Hopefully I’ll have a lot more, and better, chances to win the Champions League. It will be super annoying if I win all big 5 leagues in Europe, and have to hang around somewhere just to try to win it.

Top Goalscorer – Richarlison – 29

I’ve sold Richarlison to Barcelona, the top scorer for all 3 of my seasons here, and he’s leaving at the end of the season. This might be a mistake, but he was earning a fortune, and I had more strikers than I needed. He never played in his best position for me, so the real danger is that he’ll come back to haunt me in matches against Barcelona. Fact is I need the transfer money. Trouble is that I’m also selling Sandro, the striker that had the highest average rating and MoMs the previous 2 seasons. If I’d known I’d subsequently be able to sell Sandro, I might have held on to Richarlison despite the money.

Highest Average Rating (minimum 10 matches played) – Ainsley Maitland-Niles – 7.41

I was surprised he had the highest ranking, but Ainsley, my midfield general, is hugely important.

Man of The Match – Richarlison – 7

Not making me feel better about selling him.

Most Valuable Player– Christopher McKay

I decided that McKay was my MVP again near the end of the season, because we were so much worse without him. He really is magnificent. But I could have easily given it to Maitland-Niles, who played more matches than everybody except my starting goalie. I guess A M-N is the wife and McKay is the mistress. I’m choosing excitement over solidity. I am also keeping both. I’m just giving my bit on the side (of the pitch) the trinkets.

What’s next? Well, in the immediate future I have the World Cup with Uruguay. I don’t expect much, but I’ve changed tactics, and it worked well in 2 friendlies. I have nothing to lose. We were second rate with the old tactic. All or nothing.

I applied for the vacant Man City job near the end of the season, but didn’t get it, maybe because I wouldn’t have joined until the end of the season.

There’s a big gap between us and the other teams, and we don’t have the money to get the players in I need, but obviously we have a little more money now.

If any top jobs become available over the summer, for instance after the World Cup, I probably will apply.

I will also be applying for international jobs, unless by some miracle Uruguay win the World Cup. Even then, if I could get the Brazil or Argentina jobs, I’d be a fool to stay.

Domestic
Season	Team		Division		Position	MVP				Notes										
20/21	Folkestone	England VNL South	4th		Alfie Matthews 	(SC) 		Lost in playoff S/F
21/22	Folkestone	England VNL South	1st		Jobi McAnuff	(MR)		FA Cup R4, won league by a country mile.
22/23	Folkestone	England VNL Conference	1st		Dion Rankine	(MR)		FA Cup R4 again, back to back promotions to the Football League
23/24	Folkestone	England League 2	4th and lost in playoff final without me 	Left after 21 matches with Folkestone in 2nd and on course for 3rd promotion in a row.
23/24	Everton		Premier League		11th		Alexander Nübel	(GK)		Took over after 16 matches. Won Carabao Cup.
24/25	Everton		Premier League		7th		Christopher McKay (MR)		Won Carabao Cup (again) and Europa League, thus qualifying for Champions League.
25/26	Everton		Premier League		3rd		Christopher McKay (MR)		Carabao Cup Threepeat, Lost in CL Final.

International
Year		Team				Achievements
23	Indonesia U23			Topped U23 Asian Nations Cup Qualifying.Quit shortly afterwards.
24-	Uruguay				Qualified for World Cup.

Challenge Progress 1/32

Club
 0/10 top domestic leagues 				
 1/10 domestic cups 			(England)						

International
 0/2 world tournaments 	

Well done @vikeologist getting to the Champions League final. That will help you with your rep as well. 

Challenge Update

I took over Hamilton in January and managed to win the Scottish Cup with another dramatic final ending in me winning on penalties against Aberdeen.

image.thumb.png.c1317f87e77aa68d23e6f9910cac5dc7.png

I also took over as Saudi Arabia manager with the aim to win the Asian Nations Cup.

I have qualified to the World Cup with Saudi Arabia so that will be fun to see how I do there.

image.thumb.png.21cb97e4d7712517aec7eb9bfc3574ac.png

Club Management History So Far

19-20 - Young Lions - End Of Season League Position - 4th 

20-21 - Young Lions - End Of Season League Postion - 1st 

21-22 - Yiteng - End Of Season Position - 8th

22-23 - Shanghai Shenhua - 10th

23-24 - Shanghai Shenhua - 2nd 

24-25 - Shanghai Shenhua - 1st

25-26 - Shanghai Shenhua - 3rd

26-27 - LA Galaxy - 13th

27-28 - LA Galaxy - Won the MLS Cup

28-29 - LA Galaxy - Won The CONCACAF Champions League

29-30 - FC Porto - Won the League and Cup double

30-31 - Man Utd - 3rd Place, FA Cup and Europa League winner

31-32 - Man Utd - Premiership and Champions League Winner

33-34 - Athletico Madrid - Spanish La Liga and Copa Del Rey double winner

34-35 - Bayern Munich - German League Title Winner

35-36 - Bayern Munich - German Cup Winner

36-37 - Bayern Munich - Fifa Club World Cup Winner

37-38 - Juventus - Seria A and Coppa Italia Double Winner

38-39 - PSG - Ligue 1 and Coupe De France Double Winner

39-40 - Ajax - Dutch Cup Winner

39-40 - Palmeiras - Brazil Seria A and Copa do Brazil Double Winner

40-41 - Palmeiras - Copa Libertadores Winner

41-42 - Anderlecht - Finished 2nd

42-43 - Anderlecht - Corky Cup Winner

43-44 - Hamilton - Scottish Cup Winner

International Management History So Far

19-20 -  UAE - Qualified to the next group stage of World Cup Qualifying Rounds

20-21 - UAE - World Cup Qualification - 2nd Place In My Qualifying Group.

21-22 - UAE - Asian Cup Of Nations - Lost in Quarter Final.

28-29 - Wales - Qualified To Euros (Failed to get to 2nd round of the Euros)

29-30 - USA - Won The Gold Cup

29-30 Chile - Qualified for the World Cup

30-31 - Brazil - Started World Cup qualifying stages

31-32 - Brazil - Won Copa America

33-34 - Brazil - Won The World Cup

35 - 36 - England - Qualfied to the Nations League Semis

36-37 - England - Won The UEFA Nations League

37-38 - England - Won The World Cup

38-39 - England - Currently Top of Euro's Qualifiction Group

39-40 - England - Qualified For The Euros

40-41 - England - Won The Euros

41-42 - South Africa - Qualified For African Cup Of Nations

42-43 - South Africa - African Cup Of Nations Winner

43-44 - Saudi Arabia - Qualified For The World Cup

Challenge Progress

Club

10/10 top domestic leagues Singapore Premier,Chinese Super League,MLS Cup, Portugal Ligue NOS, English Premiership, Spanish La Liga, German Bundesliga, Seria A, Ligue 1, Brazil Seria A

9/10 domestic cups - Taca De Portugal, English FA Cup,Copa Del Rey, German DFB-POKAL, Coppa Italia, Coupe De France,KNVB Beker, Copa do Brazil,Croky Cup, Scottish Cup, 

4/5 club continental championships - Asian Champions League,CONCACAF Champions League, European Champion League, Copa Libertadores, 

1/1 club world championship - Club World Cup

International

4/5 continental tournaments - Gold Cup, Copa America, European Championship, African Cup Of Nations, 

1/1 world tournaments - World Cup

Small Update

I found my last job I am going to take hopefully and I just got the Ajax CT job so that is both the Dutch and South African Ajax clubs I have now managed which is cool.

image.thumb.png.60c26a93ccd2c6523dad4e0e78b75749.png

They are not doing very good at the moment but hopefully I will turn it around and try do well in the Nedbank Cup.

image.thumb.png.857ce5e6356f3cb96fbf5ded575ed6c8.png

Challenge Update

So my first season with Ajax Cape Town was very stresful to say the least. I nearly got sacked cos I didn't achieve best of the rest from my club vision but I just about managed to convince them to keep me on.

I did manage to win the Nedbank Cup so that is good.

image.thumb.png.fbba48407e992ba25fdcd1630610d2a6.png

My goal next year is simply to qualify for the African Champions League, I was hoping to do it in my first season in South Africa but it didn't happen.

26-27 - LA Galaxy - 13th

44-45 - Ajax Cape Town - Nedbank Cup Winner

43-44 - Saudi Arabia - Qualified For The Next Group Stage Of World Cup Qualifying Groups

44-45 - Saudi Arabia - Currently 2nd of My World Cup Qualification Group 

Challenge Progress

Club

10/10 top domestic leagues Singapore Premier,Chinese Super League,MLS Cup, Portugal Ligue NOS, English Premiership, Spanish La Liga, German Bundesliga, Seria A, Ligue 1, Brazil Seria A

10/10 domestic cups - Taca De Portugal, English FA Cup,Copa Del Rey, German DFB-POKAL, Coppa Italia, Coupe De France,KNVB Beker, Copa do Brazil,Croky Cup, Scottish Cup, Nedbank Cup

4/5 club continental championships - Asian Champions League,CONCACAF Champions League, European Champion League, Copa Libertadores, 

International

4/5 continental tournaments - Gold Cup, Copa America, European Championship, African Cup Of Nations, 

This challenge is going to give me an early heart attack. My word, it's so bloody stressful this save.

After finishing 9th last season we wanted to strengthen and come back and challenge for a top two spot. We did exactly that, although I perhaps could have been a bit wiser in my strengthening of the defence. Our attack was simply superb thanks to the arrival of two Colombians from Belize. We were a little less consistent this year but that did mean we didn't have a complete drop off like the year before. We kept injuries to a minimum, although our aggressive tackling put us in trouble on one or two occasions with suspensions (we had one game where we had THREE players sent off!). We came to the final stretch with every chance of picking up second with Arema running away with the league, winning it with many games in hand. Unfortunately we felt the pressure and lost our 3rd and 2nd game from the end of the season to end our hopes of finishing second. What's agonising is that results went our way on the final day and we could have taken 2nd with one more point. Another disappointing end to a season (4 in a row now) but at least we made some big progress this year. Annoyingly my players don't seem to think we can challenge for the title next year. My main issue with mounting a title challenging team is the lack of funds. It will all come down to whether I can get a good enough defence. We were second top scores (one behind the champs) but conceded far too many for a top team. Here were the standings and results.

Screenshot-2020-05-17-at-12-15-01.png

Screenshot-2020-05-17-at-12-16-52.png
Screenshot-2020-05-17-at-12-17-01.png

Looking to next season, the board want me to sign a new deal. Both clubs that finished above us, Bali United (2nd) and Persib (3rd) are managerless but I think I'd rather give it one more shot with PSS. I have managed to complete my badges rapidly this season and am now studying for my Continental A Licence. This has given me several job offers from England including Peterborough, Preston, Coventry and Cheltenham. No point going there, though, I need to start picking up trophies. I'm looking for an international job (none have been available for a long time) but after the World Cup they are all big nations. I've applied for them all but I expect to get rejected from them all. Spain beat Holland 2-1 in the final.

Season   Team           Country     League           Pos       Notes and Achievements
19/20    Mitra Kukar    Indonesia   Liga 2, East     6th       Won Piala Indonesia, National C Licence
20/21    Mitra Kukar    Indonesia   Liga 2, Grp A    2nd       AFC Cup ASEAN Semi Final, knocked out in Liga 2 Phase 2, National B Licence
21/22    PSS            Indonesia   Liga 1           9th       National A License
22/23    PSS            Indonesia   Liga 1           4th       Continental C License, Continental B License

Challenge Progress

Club

0/10 Top Domestic Leagues:

1/10 Domestic Cups: Piala Indonesia

0/5 Club Continental Championships:

0/1 Club World Championship:

International

0/5 Continental Tournaments:

0/1 World Tournaments:

Edited by treva

Just now, treva said:

This challenge is going to give me an early heart attack. My word, it's so bloody stressful this save.

After finishing 9th last season we wanted to strengthen and come back and challenge for a top two spot. We did exactly that, although I perhaps could have been a bit wiser in my strengthening of the defence. Our attack was simply superb thanks to the arrival of two Colombians from Belize. We were a little less consistent this year but that did mean we didn't have a complete drop off like the year before. We kept injuries to a minimum, although our aggressive tackling put us in trouble on one or two occasions with suspensions (we had one game where we had THREE players sent off!). We came to the final stretch with every chance of picking up second with Arema running away with the league, winning it with many games in hand. Unfortunately we felt the pressure and lost our 3rd and 2nd game from the end of the season to end our hopes of finishing second. What's agonising is that results went our way on the final day and we could have taken 2nd with one more point. Another disappointing end to a season (4 in a row now) but at least we made some big progress this year. Annoyingly my players don't seem to think we can challenge for the title next year. My main issue with mounting a title challenging team is the lack of funds. It will all come down to whether I can get a good enough defence. We were second top scores (one behind the champs) but conceded far too many for a top team. Here were the standings and results.

Looking to next season, the board want me to sign a new deal. Both clubs that finished above us, Bali United (2nd) and Persib (3rd) are managerless but I think I'd rather give it one more shot with PSS. I have managed to complete my badges rapidly this season and am now studying for my Continental A Licence. This has given me several job offers from England including Peterborough, Preston, Coventry and Cheltenham. No point going there, though, I need to start picking up trophies. I'm looking for an international job (none have been available for a long time) but after the World Cup they are all big nations. I've applied for them all but I expect to get rejected from them all. Spain beat Holland 2-1 in the final.

Season   Team           Country     League           Pos       Notes and Achievements
19/20    Mitra Kukar    Indonesia   Liga 2, East     6th       Won Piala Indonesia, National C Licence
20/21    Mitra Kukar    Indonesia   Liga 2, Grp A    2nd       AFC Cup ASEAN Semi Final, knocked out in Liga 2 Phase 2, National B Licence
21/22    PSS            Indonesia   Liga 1           9th       National A License
22/23    PSS            Indonesia   Liga 1           4th       Continental C License, Continental B License

Challenge Progress

Club

International

0/1 World Tournaments:

Nice to see you progressing well. Keep up the good work. You think you are stressed out now, Wait till you start getting high rep jobs and then the stress and pressure will increase but its a hell of a ride on the way lol.

2 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Nice to see you progressing well. Keep up the good work. You think you are stressed out now, Wait till you start getting high rep jobs and then the stress and pressure will increase but its a hell of a ride on the way lol.

Thanks man. I just pray that when I get further along the line I can get the jobs you have picked up. You've absolutely smashed the last few years!

For what it's worth, I play every game in full with key chances as highlights. I think I know why some people play with just final result only on :lol:

Edited by treva

Just now, treva said:

Thanks man. I just pray that when I get further along the line I can get the jobs you have picked up. You've absolutely smashed the last few years!

For what it's worth, I play every game in full with key chances as highlights. I think I know why some people play with just final result only on :lol:

Cheers mate, I have been really lucky with the jobs I got. I aint complaining but found it a bit easy to get the jobs I wanted. It wasn't this easy in previous FM's. 

I holiday through a lot of my games to save time and I also have a very powerful gaming laptop so it will take me less time then others.

You play the game how you want to do it. You might enjoy the challenge less if you skip games more or do commentary only.

I am just glad I am nearly done as the challenge can become a bit of slog at times but lots of fun as well.

I will keep checking on your updates. Good luck buddy.

Challenge Update

I managed to win the ABSA Premiership with Ajax Cape Town. I am happy as the only club thing I need to win now is the African Champions League so hopefully I will have a good chance of doing that next season.

image.thumb.png.4b980e13d7f752be979f65de7f1757d2.png

I got The World Cup next with Saudi Arabia so will do an small update in a minute with how I get on.

I got Portugal and South Africa in my 3 team group so I hope I win one of them games to make the nation proud.

26-27 - LA Galaxy - 13th

45-46 - Ajax Cape Town - ABSA Premiership Winner

43-44 - Saudi Arabia - Qualified For The Next Group Stage Of World Cup Qualifying Groups

44-45 - Saudi Arabia - Qualified For The World Cup  

Challenge Progress

Club

10/10 domestic cups - Taca De Portugal, English FA Cup,Copa Del Rey, German DFB-POKAL, Coppa Italia, Coupe De France,KNVB Beker, Copa do Brazil,Croky Cup, Scottish Cup, Nedbank Cup

International

Saudi Arabia World Cup Journey

I lost to Portugal in the last minute of my first game, I then beat South Africa in the next group game to qualify to the 2nd round. I had Holland in the 2nd round and lost 4-0 lol. Overall was how I expected and the Saudi Arabia are delighted with my performance in the World Cup.

image.thumb.png.6a46b50149b20685ca9ff7644498b2b4.png

1 hour ago, treva said:

Challenge Progress

Club

International

0/1 World Tournaments:

It looks like we've taken a similar path, I managed Mitra Kukar first year, managed to go up, got lucky they were top when I took the job. Then got sacked because I applied elsewhere haha. I've taken over Badak Lampung and finished 3rd in 20/21. This season not gone as well, most stressful league I've ever managed in because the players are all idiots haha

21 minutes ago, jcricky said:

It looks like we've taken a similar path, I managed Mitra Kukar first year, managed to go up, got lucky they were top when I took the job. Then got sacked because I applied elsewhere haha. I've taken over Badak Lampung and finished 3rd in 20/21. This season not gone as well, most stressful league I've ever managed in because the players are all idiots haha

Well, now you're making me want to manage there.

31 minutes ago, jcricky said:

Very similar. Are Arema dominant in yours as well? The players are utter morons, you're not wrong. Here's to us both challenging for the league title next season...

23 minutes ago, vikeologist said:

Well, now you're making me want to manage there.

honestly, I wish I could sub myself on sometimes.

13 minutes ago, treva said:

Very similar. Are Arema dominant in yours as well? The players are utter morons, you're not wrong. Here's to us both challenging for the league title next season...

not particularly, they won the league last season. Tira-Persikabo are top this year and won it the first year. Arema only 5th this year. I'm keeping my options open, managed to get myself the Uzbekistan U23 job to raise my rep. Going to put a proper post up later but need to gather a few screenshots and stuff.

Vikeologist's Uruguay 2026 World Cup

Image result for uruguay football team

Group Stage

Spoiler

Uruguay        5-1     Iran

Uruguay        1-0     Italy

The win over Italy is reassuring. Good to top the group and avoid a potentially tough match against Croatia. Instead we draw Japan.

Incidentally Italy only drew with Iran in the final group match and went out on penalties against Croatia, so perhaps our win wasn’t so amazingly impressive. Pretty sure that job’s going to be available after the tournament.

2nd Round (if applicable)

Spoiler

Uruguay        6-0     Japan

I could have run up the score, but after they had a man sent off and we scored 3 in 5 minutes we just chilled out, and thought about getting revenge against Colombia in the next round.

3rd Round (if applicable)

Spoiler

Uruguay        2-0     Colombia

A close match, but we were the better team, although it took 2 wonderful volleys in the first half to seal the deal. Thankfully we didn’t pick up many yellow cards, just one player suspended for the next match), because I expect our next match to be tough. However, it’s going to be Serbia who on the one hand have dispatched both France and Argentina, but on the other hand needed extra time and penalties in both instances, and are therefore considerably more knackered than us.

Quarter Final (if applicable)

Spoiler

Uruguay        p3-3   Serbia

So, up to now our World Cup had been fairly stress free, but this was an ordeal.

When we went a goal up I expected to win comfortably, but then we found ourselves 3-1 down, and I thought it was over.

We managed to pull 2 goals back to equalise, but then had a player sent off.

Then in extra time, even though we were still the better side with 10 men, we had a player pick up an injury, and I had to put on a sub that isn’t great at penalties.

And to penalties it went. I looked at the attributes for their players. It’s not a fluke they’d won their last 2 matches on penalties.

But they missed their first 2 penalties, and we converted our first 3. That just meant that one of our last 2 takers had to score, but the first missed.

Luckily our final taker, and Everton player, converted and we are through.

But at what cost? Two players suspended, and one player lost to long term injury. Plus they’re all tuckered out now.

It could have been worse. I almost signed the injured player to Everton the week leading up to the match, because he’d been doing so well for us.

Luckily I went in a younger direction, and West Ham now have him on a huge wage and unlikely to even play once for them this upcoming season.

However, despite the stress of this match, things are seriously looking up for us. England, the only top team left, went out on penalties.

We will be facing South Korea in the semis and Mexico or Turkey in the final or 3rd place playoff. Obviously I have a vague preference that it will be the final, which would be against Turkey.

Semi Final (if applicable)

Spoiler

Uruguay        1-2     South Korea

Gutting, and unbelievable. I can’t believe we lost this. It wasn;t helped by our star striker missing a penalty, and I don’t mean having it saved or hitting the post. He missed by a mile.

3rd Place Playoff / Final (if applicable)

Spoiler

Uruguay 0-1  Mexico

I gave a game to my subs.

After The Tournament

Spoiler

As you can probably realise from the disastrous performance of the top nations, there were a lot of jobs available after the tournament, and I was offered all the ones I applied for, so now I need to choose between

Brazil

Argentina

Spain

Portugal

Holland

Italy

France.

Haven’t decided yet.

I applied for the Inter job before the World Cup, but when they finally got back to me it was to say that they couldn’t agree compensation with Everton. Frankly I’d changed my mind anyway.

I need to give Everton another season, or maybe two. Two at the most.

Challenge Update

I just won the Asian Nations Cup with Saudi Arabia in a relatively easy tournement for me. Australia and South Korea were tough opposition but I beat them.

image.thumb.png.9ce89fb166c48b7c527cd717bcf96233.png

image.thumb.png.5e60e6b6b909e0fd7156c00727091961.png

I only have the African Champions League left and I am doing quite well in that.

image.thumb.png.fb81296a4e342af52c4761fc0859ef5b.png

I am so close to completing this challenge.

Watch this space lol.

26-27 - LA Galaxy - 13th

45-46 - Saudi Arabia - Qualified For Asian Cup Of Nations

46-47 - Saudi Arabia - Won The Asian Cup Of Nations

Challenge Progress

Club

International

5/5 continental tournaments - Gold Cup, Copa America, European Championship, African Cup Of Nations, Asian Cup Of Nations

Challenge Update

Well @vikeologist I have only gone and completed the challenge finally lol.

I completed the challenge by winn the African Champions League with Ajax Cape Town.

image.thumb.png.6a56f23aea0856cab68607fcf21aa709.png

I also managed to do something I have been able to do and become the greatest manager ever by getting the number 1 spot in the Hall Of Fame.

image.thumb.png.9a6e7e44ab97108c22b97d74d73917c4.png

image.thumb.png.ab7b838fc0d0c1d0fd568623b7498a56.png

image.thumb.png.d4872ac85d01124a5fc1987c2d9f01ef.png

image.thumb.png.c6a1e792abe6ba2ed80a4c730a98e142.png

Good luck to everyone on here. I hope you all complete the challenge and have fun.

26-27 - LA Galaxy - 13th

46-47 - Ajax Cape Town - African Champions League Winner

45-46 - Saudi Arabia - Qualified For Asian Cup Of Nations

46-47 - Saudi Arabia - Won The Asian Cup Of Nations

Challenge Progress

Club

5/5 club continental championships - Asian Champions League,CONCACAF Champions League, European Champion League, Copa Libertadores, Asian Champions League

International

5/5 continental tournaments - Gold Cup, Copa America, European Championship, African Cup Of Nations, Asian Cup Of Nations

Season 3: Goals, Bottlers, Revenge? and an Unlikely Final

This summer was a very busy one for me, I decided to do a complete rebuild so sold a lot of the players who were high earners and released others who despite being first team players in the season gone were easily replaceable. I managed to overhaul the side whilst reducing the wage budget, the only player who remained in the starting eleven from the season before was the goalkeeper and that because no-one wanted to buy him.

Goals

As I eluded to in my last update I built the team towards playing the Diamond that brought me success in Finland and it started a treat 7 wins from our first 10 games and only one of those games we failed to hit the back of the net. For the entire first half of the season in fact we only failed to score on two occasions, for a team that was tipped to be in the bottom half of the table I’m content with that.

Bottlers

After the small winter break we had a pretty shaky January just the one win in the league and only two goals which for us is not common. Altogether we weren’t playing as well as we had been previously in the season though we did manage to keep plugging away and keeping a relative points buffer to the two teams below us whilst also making the Serie C cup final. With three games to go we found ourselves 4 points clear of second spot and well, we absolutely bottled it, 1 goal in our next three games saw us draw one and lose 2 and throw away all our hard work in the season, writing this just after the final game of the season before we enter the playoffs, I am devastated we’ve thrown it away poles apart from my final day title with TPS. It was also exacerbated by the fact that we’d lost the cup final 3-0 on aggregate too.

Revenge?

So, onto the playoffs, at this level only one team out of 28 teams in the playoffs will get promoted but due to our second place finish we entered at the quarter final stage. The quarter final was pretty straight forward an away draw followed by a strong home win to set up a semi-final to a team I thought would be tough in Juventus Under 23s. I needn’t have worried as a comprehensive away victory allowed leeway for the second leg and saw us progress. The final was pitting us against the side that beat us in the Cup final, but we the game was played at our own ground a chance to get our revenge. A horrendous showing, we were smashed 6-1, a very disappointing way to end the season, and yet another showing of my players not having the temperament to play big games.

Unlikely Final

Since last update we had the low seeded teams semi-final in the World Cup Qualifiers and also the Gold Cup, the former was disastrous an early red card and a later injury culminated in a 4-0 loss in the opening leg to Canada which we couldn’t overturn despite a 3-2 win in the second leg.

Next up was the gold cup where we didn’t get off to the greatest of starts a draw and a loss in our first two group games with the loss us throwing away a 2 goal lead in the last 5 minutes but did manage to win our last group game to send us to the knockouts where we drew the worst possible team – Mexico. Somehow, we contrived to keep the scores level in the game taking it to penalties where we progressed to the semi-final and a chance of revenge against Canada. We were the better team for all the game but took extra time to book our place in the final where we would face USA.

Could we win the Gold Cup in my first foray into international competitions? No, we could not, after our first half opener was immediately pegged back by the holders it was one way traffic for the rest of the game ending up a 4-1 victory for the USA and me resigning from my role in charge of Haiti. We did a lot better than I had hoped but it was a good time to move on.

Past Positions

df7b01ff0fc197528dd5c1f5f77bb076.tif

The drubbing

709758cfae71bc33f0f0f6b28585b2c6.tif

Next Season

I am really considering resigning from Virtus Verona, the way we’ve ended the season has soured my affections for the club, if we do stay greater depth is needed, and possibly a change in formation, though it did work for 90% of the season. At the very least I’m going to be looking around and applying for jobs and maybe another international job if one becomes available. Altogether, the main hope is that next season is more successful than this one.

One of the factors that may make me stay is that the board have let me complete many of my coaching badges and I’m now working towards continental B license so I’d potentially be able to complete my badges next season were I to stay.

The story so far

b9a36fa76931e81ced891aa9d3961732.tif

Overall Progress

80b0d8f61044695bd953e54516a210fb.tif

Edited by _JHTB_

Mitra Kukar

image.png

Finally got round to writing this up, been whizzing through the seasons so probably be quite brief the first few years just to catch up to where I am. Any questions or anything else you want to see though let me know!

When I’ve tried the challenge before, I’ve always jumped in straight away to whatever team comes about, completely against the recommendations I know. So this time I said to myself I wouldn’t do it and I’d wait for the right job to become available. So what did I do? Get a job almost instantly. 

I couldn’t help myself though as Mitra Kukar were a team that had just been relegated from the top flight of Indonesian football and happened to be top of the league after 7 games, looking for a manager. 

Regular Season

We were only expected to reach the play offs this season, which was good for me as I felt that there was much less pressure. We won the league with more points than any side in either the East or West.

image.thumb.png.601e68680830a7bafba634fbff98962f.png

We went onto the play offs and made it to the final, but lost on penalties after drawing 0-0. That’s the first bottle of the journey, I’m sure there will be many more to come, so I hope you’re all looking forward to that. Luckily we were still promoted for reaching the final! 

Indonesian Cup

An expectation of ‘Be competitive’ is incredibly vague, but we got to the fourth round in the end, losing to Persija 3-2 on aggregate after a 90+3 minute winner for them. 

Key Players

Top Scorer: Atep and Aprilianto (12)

Most Assists: Wahyu (9)

Highest Average Rating: Novriansyah (7.85)

Unfortunately, I don’t have screenshots of their attributes from this season, or the next few to be honest but once I have caught up I will make it clearer so you aren’t just living off random Indonesian names.

Not a bad first season you may think? Didn’t stop them sacking me for applying for other jobs on the spot though, ooops. The job hunt starts again.

The progression updates at the bottom of each update will start after a few updates, sorry if there’s a spam tonight as I’m going to be writing them all up!  

Edited by jcricky

Badak Lampung – 2020

image.jpeg.533931fe164b564d78cc9ee7c5439754.jpeg

Staying in Indonesia I got the Badak Lampung job, who finished 15ththe previous season, they survived relegation by one point. When I arrived the board asked me to avoid relegation, a simple task I thought, as I had the transfer window to put my own stamp on the squad. 23 players came in, 18 left, basically an entirely new squad, Atep even joined me after being released by Mitra Kukar. If you’re unaware of the rules in Indonesia each team can have 4 foreign players, these are, as you would predict the best players and so I decided by team would be built around them. Wallace and Andre Ribiero two Brazilian centre halves bulked up the defence, with Australian Aryn Williams joining them to sit just in front. Reinaldo completed a trio of Brazillians, and the plan was for him to be our starting striker. The less said about him the better, and he was replaced in the summer transfer window by Malaysian striker Muhd Safawi Rasid, who like the Brazillian before him, wasn’t very prolific. 

We didn’t just achieve our expectations, we absolutely smashed them, finishing third. A couple of poor spells of form really stopped us putting in a real title challenge and Arema ran away with the league, finishing 13 points above second. On the positive side though, I won manager of the year. None of my foreign contingent were particularly good and so next year a complete new four will be arriving if I have my way.

170870319_ScreenShot2020-05-18at20_11_53.thumb.png.b31ec9b8940ef745625f4e72389ef220.png

As at Mitra Kukar the board wanted me to be competitive in the cup, and the fourth round came during a poor run of form, and we unfortunately bowed out to Second Division Persirija. 

1747785633_ScreenShot2020-05-18at20_04_10.thumb.png.d8eacba089a75e41acdd4a76df9c59c7.png

Top Scorer: Kogoya (11)

Most Assists: Atep (5)

Average Rating: Novrianto (7.05)

Edited by jcricky

27 minutes ago, to_madeira said:

Hi guys!

What's up with the CONCACAF CL? I'm in 2024 and after being champions of MLS, thought will be playing it. To my surprise I haven't and last winner is from 2020.

So the last matches were in 2020?

Is this on the full version or Touch? I see that somebody has reported a big like this for the mobile game.

You need to flag it up to SI asap. If it's the full version, here 

There was a similar bug to this in the Libertadores) a few versions ago that put pay to one of my attempts at this and other people's). So, it's worthwhile everybody occasionally checking that all the continental competitions are still 'working' rather than 20 seasons into the save realising that something like this has happened.

So, I'll certainly see if anybody else has reported it. last thing we want is challenge killing bugs.

Edited by vikeologist

11 minutos atrás, vikeologist disse:

So the last matches were in 2020?

You need to flag it up to SI asap.

There was a similar bug to this in the Libertadors) a few versions ago that put pay to one of my attempts at this and other people's).

So, I'll certainly see if anybody else has reported it. last thing we want is challenge killing bugs.

Yah, last match is from 2020, i'll report it.

Real shame that killed my attempt.

5 minutes ago, to_madeira said:

Yah, last match is from 2020, i'll report it.

Real shame that killed my attempt.

This is the first challenge killing bug we've had for a few years.

Please note that I edited my initial response with more info.

Did you by any chance add any extra leagues? I'm thinking particularly of the official Canadian league.

Anyway, I feel for you. Twice I've got very far into the challenge and had it killed by bugs.

Agora, vikeologist disse:

This is the first challenge killing bug we've had for a few years.

Please note that I edited my initial response with more info.

Did you by any chance add any extra leagues? I'm thinking particularly of the official Canadian league.

Anyway, I feel for you. Twice I've got very far into the challenge and had it killed by bugs.

It's full game, no added leagues whatsoever. 

Just waiting on the save upload to report it.

Right now trying to get motivated to give it another go..

Badak Lampung and Uzbekistan U23 – 2021

image.thumb.png.f15ec257bd4fbc08e0dca1e2185c3e18.pngimage.thumb.png.bc905ebda9e07e963b279cab92faafc8.png

Back again with the catch-up posts. Following last year’s overachievement, I wanted to address a couple of problems and thought that we could really go on to win the league, or at least the cup. Foreign players was the first area to change, Reinaldo, Williams and Ribeiro all made way. Liberian striker Kpah Sherman arrived to replace Reinaldo, Nuriddin Davronov arrived as an attacking midfielder, and Victor Nirennoid came in as a starting right back. Mid way through the season, winger Frédéric Bulot joined as our fourth foreign player. 

The season started horrifically and the league was very tight all the way through. An email popped up with 7 games to go on the run in, saying that 10 of the 18 sides in the league could still have won it. I was happy with our chances as Arema had dropped off by this point, but a poor end to the season meant we finished 5th. I was absolutely fuming that the start and end of the season let us down, as we were pretty consistent for the middle part of the season. The less said about the Indonesian Cup the better, as we lost on penalties in the second round to League Two Sulut United.

1589923005_ScreenShot2020-05-19at15_52_44.thumb.png.3bbd95ba01cd1376e095d79cb79d6d5d.png

Cup.thumb.png.f5e0d9c73595a42a773e2dbfee8eedc8.png

Sherman carried us for parts of the season, and when he wasn’t on form neither was the team. There was a lot of tactical tweaking through the season, and I think my own tinkering could have cost the team, next season I’m planning on cutting the wingers and getting rid of Bulut and Nirennoid, as they didn’t perform to the level I want from my foreign players. On the positives I completed both my National B and A licences.

Top Scorer – Kpah Sherman (24)

Most Assists – Nuriddin Davronov (5)

Highest Average Rating – Kpah Sherman (7.49)

Uzbekistan U23

In an attempt to increase reputation and possibly find any Uzbekistan gems I took the Uzbekistan U23 job. This increased my reputation but the squad was absolutely terrible, and I mean terrible. The upcoming competition was the U23 Asian Cup, first we had to qualify. We did this with ease smashing through the group including Turkmenistan, Saudi Arabia, Bhutan and India. 

Quals.thumb.png.aea313d2ae015d0776afac1a04c86ea7.png

Luckily, in the draw for the Asian Cup we avoided both South Korea and Australia. Finding ourselves in a group with UAE, Oman and Vietnam. Although the games looked close we progressed with relative ease, setting up a quarter final tie with Iran. We took a one goal lead, before Iran went 2-1 up, I thought it was all over until our left back Bek Abdullaev scored in the 90+2 to take it to extra time. The penalties might have been the worst I had ever seen, but we scraped through 3-2. The semi final proved to be a step too far, but a 1-0 loss to Australia was nothing to be disheartened by. Iraq followed in the 3rdplace play off, and after going 1-0 down we battered them, finishing 3rd is not bad at all! Following the competition I was informed that they were not planning on playing anymore football in the near future so I would not be needed, funny as I saw next year they were playing again in an U23 competition.

228140185_ScreenShot2020-05-19at16_06_38.thumb.png.8e4feccfef0edab398ad3303f50fd7fc.png

Edited by jcricky

Badak Lampung – 2022

image.thumb.png.465ed5383fe62f3fb153f02591ec1e2c.png

And we’re all caught up. After a disappointing season I told myself this was my last year, I was sick of Indonesia and my players randomly going out of form. As with each season before, my foreign players were changed, Sherman and Davronov stayed, Bulot and Nirennoid both departed for small fees to clubs in the same division. Just as you would expect when selling a player to a team in your division with me, Bulot came back to score past me in the third game of the season. These departures allowed me to sign two new foreign players, UAE central defender Walid Abbas and Georgian central midfielder Kakha Makharadze arrived. I adopted a narrower formation, 4-3-1-2, this year and I presumed these two would be a huge part of this. However, one thing that you might want to check if you’re managing over here is the date that players are retiring, as a couple of months into the season Abbas retired. 

Guarin.thumb.png.358043de2d1294f4d970de53b08c6589.png

Luckily, this didn’t have too much impact on the season as we ran away with the league, winning 12 in a row from May to September, and going 24 games without a defeat in the league. I do wonder if this had something to do with the foreign replacement for Abbas which happened to be Colombian international Fredy Guarin. I was shocked to be able to sign him, but at the end of his career I’m not completely surprised he fancied wandering round the pitch dictating games. Not only did we win the league, but we won the cup too, winning the double. Following a shaky first leg defeat in the final I was worried about the second leg, but luckily, we got the win we needed and ended up winning on away goals, harsh on PSIS I thought. 

League.thumb.png.a94b9f89ccedb06e4ca61d06f9c7b150.pngCup.thumb.png.74391bb6330013b20cdc69c34e97c3a1.png

I plan on sticking around for the Asian Champions League, which we go straight into the group stage for due to an increase in stature for Indonesian football. But after that, I think my time might be up here. Guarin and Makharadze both retire at the end of the season, and I can’t see there being anybody to replace the impact they’ve had this year. I also completed my Continental C Licence.

Top Scorer – Kpah Sherman (again) (17)

Sherman.thumb.png.20840cbe810c94040fb60af97bdb694a.png

Most Assists - Nuriddin Davronov (15) 9 more than last year!

nuriddin.thumb.png.d67cf50ee127986e07e9e3254b2d9342.png

Highest Average Rating - Nuriddin Davronov (7.26)

1244462733_ScreenShot2020-05-20at00_40_54.thumb.png.215376d0404c211a6326cca172c1db04.png                       855310911_ScreenShot2020-05-20at00_40_57.thumb.png.e3a688f5d87a292c3c07e22b06b673f9.png

Challenge Progress

Club

1/10 top domestic leagues (Badak Lampung, IDN)

1/10 domestic cups (Badak Lampung, IDN)

International

0/1 world tournaments

@jcricky your season is eerily similar to mine. Congrats on the double.

-------

5622747.png

After last season came to an agonising end in fourth we knew we would have to step it up if we were to qualify for the AFC Champions League or even challenge for the title. Reinforcing our defence was the main priority and whilst it took a worryingly long time to do so we found a LB and two CBs to ensure we wouldn't face the same issues of the previous season. The most important thing was that Kevin Gomes, one of the new CBs, was excellent in the air, something we had lacked during my whole tenure as manager.

We started off in sensational fashion winning our first four games without conceding and with 12 goals. Then we faced the reigning champs Arema who had won the title three years in a row. We smashed them 5-2 before going away to the bookies' favourites for the title Tira - Persikabo and beat them 3-2 in a thriller. It took us until our 9th game to finally not win, drawing to Badak Lampung and a further six games to lose our first of the season away at Persib 1-0. Like buses, a loss in the second round to Liga 2 side Gresik United immediately followed but that would prove to be our last defeat of the season. We won 15 of our next 20, clinching the title rather fittingly at Arema with three games remaining after an incredible 2-2 draw that had everything.

Screenshot-2020-05-19-at-22-25-29.png

Screenshot-2020-05-19-at-22-32-18.png

We would go on to smash the league records for most goals scored, most wins, most points accumulated and our AML Kadek Haarlem, who was phenomenal all season, broke the record for most goals scored in a single Liga 1 season with 23 (previous record was 20). In the end we won the league by 12 points, Arema securing enough points to win every running of Liga 1 since my career started bar the previous season (they won with 75). Haarlem clinched Player of the Year and I won Coach of the Year for the second year in a row. We had 8 in Team of the Year including our entire midfield. 

Screenshot-2020-05-20-at-11-31-22.png

Screenshot-2020-05-20-at-11-37-27.png
Screenshot-2020-05-20-at-11-37-37.png

Screenshot-2020-05-20-at-11-28-44.png

I also managed to complete my Continental A Licence and have begun to study for the Continental Pro Licence. The plan is to take on the AFC Champions League as Indonesian champs and see how we get on against the mighty sides from Korea, China and Japan. After that I will focus on finding the right move to get this career really rolling.

I also finally got into international management...

hkg.png

The Hong Kong job came free and I just had to go for it. Ranked 122nd when I took over there was clear room for improvement having been ranked 90th at their peak. We had qualified for the EAFF E-1 Championship at the end of the year which would see us up against the formidable trio of Japan, China and South Korea. Up until that tournament we lost just once, drawing against the UAE and Oman, both sides better ranked than us, in friendlies. We smashed Syria in our World Cup Qualifying group who were favourites to go through. We would be top if it wasn't for an absolutely shocking performance against Brunei where we lost a man early and never recovered despite being much the better side. Let's hope that doesn't come back to haunt us considering only one team qualifies to the final stage.

Screenshot-2020-05-20-at-11-12-44.png

Then we took on the giants. Japan beat us fair and square before we came up against China. As you can imagine the rivalry is pretty intense (read about it here) and we may have caused a riot with the result. We scored the only goal of the game, a stunning free kick completely against the run of play to secure a famous victory - only the fourth time in history Hong Kong have beaten China. South Korea absolutely hammered us in the next game but with Japan and China drawing the final match it meant we had finished a very creditable third. An extremely successful end to an amazing year in management. Now to focus on winning our World Cup Qualifying group and progressing to the final stage.

Screenshot-2020-05-20-at-11-11-39.png

Screenshot-2020-05-20-at-11-12-05.png

Club
2019     Mitra Kukar    Indonesia   Liga 2, East     6th       Won Piala Indonesia, National C Licence
2020     Mitra Kukar    Indonesia   Liga 2, Grp A    2nd       AFC Cup ASEAN Semi Final, knocked out in Liga 2 Phase 2, National B Licence
2021     PSS            Indonesia   Liga 1           9th       National A License
2022     PSS            Indonesia   Liga 1           4th       Continental C License, Continental B License
2023     PSS            Indonesia   Liga 1           1st       Liga 1 champions (first time in club history), Record points, wins and goals, Continental A License

International
Season   Country        World Ranking           Notes and Achievements
2023     Hong Kong      110th (up 12 places)    3rd in EAFF E-1 Championship (beat China 1-0), 2nd after 4 games in World Cup AFC Qualifying, Round 2 Group 7

Challenge Progress

Club

1/10 Top Domestic Leagues: Indonesian Liga 1

International

0/1 World Tournaments:

I plan on sorting out a nice looking excel soon.

Edited by treva

Everton.png.734c6bc1a272ea2eaf258061fa3c7a61.pngMexico.png.f0d5efb281707d5fbaa3f7cce7b1e989.png

Samuel Poston

Everton/Mexico

First Half of 2032

Everton

2031-32

Fixtures

Premier League - 9th
League Table

FA Cup - Champions

Tree

Mexico:

Fixtures

North American Nations League – Champions

Knockouts

Recap:

Joined Everton as a gateway into the Premier League. They were sitting deep in the bottom half of the table with almost no hope of achieving top half.  Their squad was quite strong and a really good striker. I bolstered up the defence in January window and then set sailing on quite an impressive record 11-5-2. I decided to leave the job in June in hopes to get the Liverpool one or any other top team. 
Mexico I just wanted to finish winning the NA Nations League for another trophy on my resume. I have decided to leave them because the Euros are this summer and I hope to get a big team for the 2034 World Cup.
Apologies for the lack of posts. Been really busy and will be that way for some time. I still want to complete this challenge ASAP. 

Challenge Progress (18/32):

1752903717_2028ClubProgress.thumb.png.312e419b83a7bc4c8916217b62e35f23.png

1346113554_2028InternationalProgress.thumb.png.9dd9aed5b1b510afd5e6a07568c90ea1.png

612028744_2028ChallengeProgress.thumb.png.a31d37f3ee817647a437c094917bd05a.png

Season 4: Asymptote

I ended up resigning from Virtus Verona the end of the season had frustrated me enough that I didn’t really want to start looking at summer transfers. I pretty much applied to everything then filtered it out when offered interviews as I found it the easier way to go about things. I was often becoming favourite for some decent jobs but all of them ultimately went with someone else. I did turn down a lot of jobs but almost settled on Salford in League 2 who were in a relegation battle as that was probably the highest level job I'd been offered, I chanced it and rejected only to get offered the Birmingham City job in the Championship a week later so there I ended up.

Asymptote

The team when I took over did look fairly balanced if not a little ageing, especially in the striker department but were already overspending on wages so the January transfer window, whilst still signing players was used to try and balance the wage bill and refresh the team a little. The board simply wanted a top half finish from the team and my tenure had a pretty decent start winning a few games to propel us up the league though we did have a pretty favourable set of fixtures to kick us off. We did also bow out of the FA cup to fellow championship side Stoke City in the 3rd round. We did look a fairly decent team at times as the players started to warm to me as the manager but any good form only ever got us as high as 7th we never entered the top 6 despite having multiple opportunities to do so always contriving to draw or lose a game which when won would have placed us in 6th, hence asymptote. We had a pretty torrid time in April losing 4 out of 7 games to end out the season.

January Transfer Activity (plus the two they made in summer)

a4c30e867af289ba4defd55cf887a04d.tif

Next Season

Even though the end of the season here wasn’t hugely dissimilar form wise to last season with Virtus Verona I am not too disheartened, I feel I improved the team on the whole and now have an entire summer to properly mould the squad with a few high earners out of contract. The squad does have a decent base so shouldn’t require much of an overhaul just a little fine tuning and hopefully we can challenge for a playoff spot next season.

One of the things I noticed a lot this season was that we conceded a lot of goals in both the first 5 minutes and the last 5 minutes so some tactical tweaking to try and rectify that will be looked into as well.

When joining I did manage to get the board to agree to my next coaching badge so hopefully once that is completed I can start upon my last one and get that completed.

The story so far

e6519ec923059e983a1c68c58be9de0f.tif

Overall Progress

8366a79a21e62e9b4a3e850c40b8ec57.tif

3 hours ago, jcricky said:

congrats man, be interesting to see what your group in the Champions League looks like compared to mine, I got screwed:D

I'm preparing myself for the worst.

Just found you on the leaderboard for Liga 1. Your cup win put you well above me but we're rocking 143rd and 269th respectively.

Edited by treva

Badak Lampung – 2023

image.thumb.png.ff47797b568a82e5dfc33641c6cf34e4.png

Just a short update, like I said I would give the Asian Champions League a shot, but I didn’t have much belief. Any belief I did have disappeared when I was unable to replace Guarin and Makharadze, despite our involvement in the champions league. I couldn’t help but laugh when the Champions League draw took place, finding ourselves in a group with last years winners Jeonbuk, Japanese side FC Hiroshima and Chinese Super League Changchun. First we played Changchun at home, and absolutely smashed them 5-0, don’t ask how. I felt confident after that that we could nick second place and go through the group. Alas, nothing went our way and after 5 games we had no chance of progressing, and with that I resigned.  

1000165575_ScreenShot2020-05-20at16_54_21.thumb.png.89c95216769b679210093a9b37760a71.png

We did manage to add one more piece of silverware to the cabinet as we beat Persebaya 5-1, Sherman got a hat trick and new signing Ola Toivonen scored one. I can’t help but feel that if we had signed the Swede earlier and been able to register him for the Champions League group stage we could have sneaked through. Thankfully just before I left Badak Lampung had started putting me through my Continental B Licence. 

1263899303_ScreenShot2020-05-20at16_54_28.thumb.png.82f6cf6bfbaf2d54ce82886c2cd7ff42.png

234872145_ScreenShot2020-05-20at17_01_02.thumb.png.8f6e4f027f5d45d3e8e1cf0add7d3c23.png        2007138973_ScreenShot2020-05-20at16_58_49.thumb.png.e22ecb2adaf8dff81c7daa3fee3e0ff7.png

Challenge Progress

Club

1/10 top domestic leagues (Badak Lampung, IDN)

1/10 domestic cups (Badak Lampung, IDN)

International

0/5 continental tournaments ()

0/1 world tournaments ()

3 hours ago, Britrock said:

@jcricky wow, Fredy Guarin is a blast from FM's past!

I had both him and Flipe Luis on trial but could only bring one in, had to go for Guarin for sentimental reasons.

39 minutes ago, treva said:

I'm preparing myself for the worst.

Just found you on the leaderboard for Liga 1. Your cup win put you well above me but we're rocking 143rd and 269th respectively.

The super cup win might have added a little bit onto that as well, you might catch up if you follow in my footsteps and win the top competition that is the Indonesian Super Cup:lol:

3 minutes ago, jcricky said:

I had both him and Flipe Luis on trial but could only bring one in, had to go for Guarin for sentimental reasons.

The super cup win might have added a little bit onto that as well, you might catch up if you follow in my footsteps and win the top competition that is the Indonesian Super Cup:lol:

Have you got any idea how the Super Cup works? Bali United won the cup but I have to play Arema which will be much harder! Also my draw for the AFC Champions League was pretty bad: Jeonbuk, Kashima Antlers and Shandong. Typically Arema somehow got a K2 League team along with Macarthur FC...

29 minutes ago, treva said:

Have you got any idea how the Super Cup works? Bali United won the cup but I have to play Arema which will be much harder! Also my draw for the AFC Champions League was pretty bad: Jeonbuk, Kashima Antlers and Shandong. Typically Arema somehow got a K2 League team along with Macarthur FC...

no idea, as I won the double we played the team who finished second? not sure how its figured out

3 hours ago, jcricky said:

Fred guarin and ola toivonen?! You sure you're not playing fm11? :lol:

43 minutes ago, Britrock said:

Fred guarin and ola toivonen?! You sure you're not playing fm11? :lol:

haha, when you get the chance you've got to take it, I did plan on bringing Fredy Guarin along with me as a coach but he was having none of it:lol:

360px-Liverpool_FC.svg.png

Liverpool FC

2032-33 End-of-Season Review

We didn't score as much as last year, or defend as well as my first year. Lowest point tally since my arrival. Probably more significant injuries this year than the previous two seasons combined, most notably Reinier missing about three months in the middle of the season, and an accumulation of injuries to wide players. Some scheduling challenges also forced us to throw out backup/U23 squads a couple times and hope for the best...and they delivered. All that said, we managed to remain "invincible" in league (30-8-0) and complete the quadruple that had eluded us the previous seasons. Portal collected his fourth consecutive Ballon d'Or and managed to win the EPL golden boot (with 24) despite only making 27 league appearances (24 starts). Randall (attacking right winger, and almost certainly England's best player at this point) took his game to the next level, managing 27 assists, with 14 coming in the Champions League. Shattering the previous record of 8. 

EPL: Never really competitive. We always looked like winning, with United in second. Chelsea is a complete disaster, finishing 11th. Watford were in serious contention for a UCL spot, until collapsing down the stretch. 

EFL Cup: Aside from the second leg against Arsenal, which was a complete throw away, we won our matches by a combined 18-1. 

FA Cup: A much tougher road. It took a replay against Arsenal, a comeback against Blackburn, and narrow victories throughout. United in the semis was an odd one. Absolutely nothing through regular time. Then three goals in five minutes to close out the first half of ET, with us advancing 2-1. Burnley put up a good fight in the final, but we prevailed 1-0.

UCL: We got through the group stage unscathed, but we were fairly unimpressive in the process. We closed out the group stage by jumping on Inter, 3-0 inside 21 minutes, only to blow that lead by the early stages of the second half. Portal would find his hatrick, and late winner, but not an encouraging sign. We went into the knockouts, against Atleti, with a chance to break Barca's record of 11 straight UCL wins. First leg, no chance. We managed to "Atleti" Atleti though, stealing a 1-1 road draw in the first leg, before dominating them at home.

Roma was...interesting. After a dominant 3-0 home win, we gifted them two goals inside five minutes, and a third on 22. Suffice to say, that warranted drastic measures. Changed formation, brought on Portal, and managed to get through it, despite our (2nd choice) LB trying his best to give it away. 

Barca in the semis. We were forced into "Atleti" mode in the first leg, and again managed a 1-1 draw. This one, much less deserved. Portal scored one of his trademark, towering back post headers in the 5th minute at Anfield, and we mostly just tried playing keep away the rest of the match. Jaime left it without doubt early in the second half. Real Madrid in the final really just felt like a continuation. 1-0. 

Moving on...

It's time. Not sure where I'll land, or if I'll even take on a new club job right away. Kinda depends what comes open in the next few weeks. Part of me wants to stay in Europe, and try to bring Portal along, but also tempted to head elsewhere, so we don't collide, and see what happens. 

Challenge Table.png

LFC 2032-33 Stats.png

Edited by XuluBak

1200px-Logo_of_AC_Milan.svg.png

New Postion: AC Milan

Well, I decided to go a completely different direction. AC Milan are, quite simply, a disaster. Their biggest achievement (in my save) was falling to my Benfica side in the 2027-28 UCL final. They haven't made a TIM Cup Final, nor have they finished higher than third in Serie A, and the last time they finished that high, they missed out on Europe due to FFP. In other words, they haven't lifted hardware in over two decades, they're €65M in the red, with a horribly bloated wage bill, and frankly, don't have much to build around. Given the financial situation, I'm only slated to receive 25% of any outgoing transfers. Adding insult to injury, Inter have usurped Juve as the dominant side in Serie A, winning seven of the last ten, finishing second in their down years, and adding seven TIM Cups as well. 

(In other news, my England side defeated Holland 5-3 in the Nations League semis, before falling to France (0-2) in the final. England is absolutely stacked up front and out wide, but extremely lacking in the middle of the pitch, and that's where they made us pay.)

Edited by XuluBak