The Ultimate Football Manager Challenge - Silver Age Archive

Flag of Tunisia.svg

Tunisia - 2019

Well I was not really expecting this.

I couldn't really find another team to go to so I started to prepare Arges for the upcoming season. We began fairly well and found ourselves just above the relegation zone. Just following this Tunisia sacked their gaffer after loosing in the 2nd round of the African Nations. They decided I was the man to take them forward. In doing this I decided to leave my club job. I have made the call that I would only manage a nation or a club not both at the same time. 

This year I took over for 4 friendly games in which we lost all of them and I was slightly concerned. We went into the next round of qualifying against Guinea Bissau and smashed them to reach the group stage. We have a decent enough group with Congo, Uganda and Zimbabwe. I would hope that we would qualify from this and get us to the World Cup FInals which would be nice. We also have African Nations Cup Qualifying to contend with we face Botswana, Nambia and South Africa. I am a bit unsure about this as South Africa are a good side but we will see. 

Season Review

Season     Team         Country     Position       Notes          

2017/18    FC Arges     Romania      11th          Took over in 17th
2018/19    FC Arges     Romania      2nd           Promotion
2019/20    FC Arges     Romania      N/A           Left in September

Season        Country     Notes

2019          Tunisia

Challenge Progress

Club

0/10 top domestic leagues - 

0/10 domestic cups - 

0/5 club continental championships -

0/1 club world championship -

International -

0/5 continental tournaments -

0/2 world tournaments -

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Flag of Tunisia.svg

Tunisia - 2020

We seemed to have settled down this year into the way I like to play football. 

The first game was against South Africa in the Nations qualifying we got smashed if I am honest and never looked like we were really in the game. We then battered Namibia and Botswana before beating South Africa. This put us in a superb situation for qualifying for the Nations Cup. We finished off with winning our last two games and sealing qualification. The World Cup campaign is looking good as well as we recorded two wins to start the campaign. 

In the Nations Cup we will now face Congo, DR Congo and Zimbabwe. I am really pleased to have this draw because I honestly think we have a superb chance of going into the next round. I am a little bit unsure as if we get beat in Round 2 I think I will be sacked like the last gaffer and that will be a shame given how good we look in the qualification tournament for the World Cup. I am hoping really to get into the semis in African Nations but we will have to see. 

Season Review

2019          Tunisia
2020          Tunisia     Qualified for African Cup of Nations

Challenge Progress

Club

0/10 domestic cups - 

International -

0/2 world tournaments -

Flag of Tunisia.svg

Tunisia - 2021

We played four friendlies to start the season, two wins a draw and a loss was not the ideal preperation for the Nations Cup but it did give me the opportinity to try some new players that had come into the squad. I was very pleased with the big win over the Ivory Coast as I felt they would be challenging at the upcoming tournament. In the ACN we smashed our group with three wins out of three over Congo, DR Congo and Zimbabwe. Into the 2nd round we went and we got a favourable draw against Mozambeique the 4-1 win was a bit flattering as it was much closer. Cameroon awaited in the quarters and it was very close, in the end our fitness told with a 5-3 in extra time. Egypt in the semis was a  very tough task and we just couldn't make it at one stage we were 2-0 up so I was gutted to throw it away. Nigeria were dispatched to clinch the bronze medal. 

We finished the year off with wins against Zimbabwe, Congo and Botswana to qualify for the World Cup. It was a superb achievement but something I always expected given the group we had been drawn in. 

We will have the World Cup next year with Brazil, Iraq and Paraguay. I think with a little luck we could sneak out of this group, I would like to think it will be between us and Poland. I am almost certain after the World Cup I will be leaving the National Team and moving back into club football. 

Season Review

2019          Tunisia
2021          Tunisia     Qualifed for World Cup, ACN 3rd Place

Challenge Progress

Club

0/10 domestic cups - 

International -

0/2 world tournaments -

Edited by ashton321

Flag of Tunisia.svg
Flag of South Korea.svg
Tunisia/South Korea - 2022

The first thing for us was the CHAN Tournament in Africa. This is where only domestic players can be used. We beat Uganda, Mali and Angola in the group stage very easily and without to much trouble. In the knock out rounds came a much tougher test with  Morocco they were a much tougher team but again we got through to face Burkino Faso. I thought these would be much tougher as there first choice national team play mainly in the domestic league but we dispatched these with ease to reach the final. In the final it was Nigeria it was a proper ding dong battle and I thought on numerous occasions that we would win but in the end it was not to be as we lost on pens, gutted. 

The World Cup was next for us. In the group we got through against Iraq with a great result as we battered them. We then got the normal smashing by Brazil. It came down to the last game against Poland. A win would put us through to the next round and we duly did it we won 2-1 and we were through to the next round. In Round 2 we faced hosts Australia it was a 3-1 win for us but to be honest we smashed them and it could have been much more. In the quarter finals we would face Spain, this was a real challenge but in the end we were out with a 3-2 loss. My time in Tunisia was over I decided that it was time for me to go elsewhere. I had planned to go to club management but the South Korea job came up and I decided to go to them. 

We only played friendlies with them before the end of the year and we did decent enough. Early next year we face the Asian Cup and I am hoping to win it. 

Season Review

Season Review

2019          Tunisia
2022          Tunisia     CHAN Runner Up, World Cup 1/4 Final
2022          S Korea     Took over after World Cup

Challenge Progress

Club

0/10 domestic cups - 

International -

0/2 world tournaments -

@ashton321 I'm not sure anybody has done the challenge like this before, only managing either a club or a nation at any given time. Of course 1 or 2 have just managed internationally at the end of the challenge. 

Hopefully you can pick up your first landmark with S Korea. Do you have enough players?

Came on to reply to everyone who's posted updates, but I think it's maybe just you.

@darren1983 Hope you get a Ultimate challenge worthy laptop soon.

@MWE Congrats on your second successive promotion.

@vikeologist cheers pal, yeah I have been running a few leagues so I have enough S Korea players, if I am honest I enjoy the international side of things much more than the club side. I have an idea for a International Management challenge. I was going to post it on here but I am not sure if enough people enjoy that side of the game like I do. 

3 minutes ago, ashton321 said:

@vikeologist cheers pal, yeah I have been running a few leagues so I have enough S Korea players, if I am honest I enjoy the international side of things much more than the club side. I have an idea for a International Management challenge. I was going to post it on here but I am not sure if enough people enjoy that side of the game like I do. 

Idk, you may well be the only person who enjoys the CHAN. I always hope my B team gets knocked out so I don't run the risk of underperforming in the tournament itself and having my job security go down.

Flag of South Korea.svg
Flag of South Africa.svg
South Korea/South Africa - 2023

Firstly massive apologies I forgot to take a screen shot of my time in South Korea, don't worry nothing interesting was achieved. I went into the Asian Cup full of hope and optimism that I may win it but it was misplaced. We breezed through the group stage winning every game before dispatching Kuwait in the round of 16. We then faced Japan in the quarter finals, in what was a ding dong battle we lost 4-3 after extra time and I was quickly sacked. 

Nothing then happened until the South Africa gaffer was sacked after their dismal performance in the Nations Cup. I quickly packed my bags and I was back to Africa. I managed them for a couple of friendlies and two World Cup Qualifying games nothing really of note but I am back in Africa.

Season Review

2019          Tunisia
2023          S Korea     Asian Cup 1/4 Finals Sacked
2023          S Africa    Won some games

Challenge Progress

Club

0/10 domestic cups - 

International -

0/2 world tournaments -

Edited by ashton321

Flag of South Africa.svg
South Africa - 2024

We started off this year with the CHAN and I honestly thought this would be a good chance for me to record my first ever silverware (albeit not counting towards the challenge).

We smashed Uganda, Guinea and Nigeria in the group stage in easy fashion. Mozambique were next and we battered them in a very good way. We totally dominated the game and could have scored as many as we wanted. Senegal in the semis were the toughest task we faced so far and although the score looked big it was much much closer in reality. So we were in the final for my second time ever we faced Ivory Coast and we battered them to get my first trophy. 

We did well in the World Cup Qualifiers as we dispatched Cameroon and DR Congo to put us in pole position for qualification to the World Cup. We faced Tanzania, Sao Tome and my old nation Tunisia in the Nations Qualifying. We shared two draws against Tunisia before getting some big scorelines against the other two.

Next year we are in the Nations Cup and I feel confident of winning it, I feel like we have a good squad that could go a long way. We have a tough group in Algeria, Benin and Tunisia if we get through this we will look good for going forward in the competition. 

Season Review

2019          Tunisia
2024          S Africa    Qualified for Nations Cup, Won CHAN

Challenge Progress

Club

0/10 domestic cups - 

International -

0/2 world tournaments -

Flag of South Africa.svg
South Africa - 2025

This was all about the African Nations and we did not do as well as I was hoping. 

We drew our first game against Algeria we should have really beat these so I was gutted. We then battered Benin before loosing to Tunisia. Luckily enough this was enough to see us through. We faced Cameroon in the next round and my good form against them continued as we put them out. We then got lucky and faced Togo in the quarters who we dispatched with ease. Senegal in the semis was tough and so it proved as we lost in extra time. We then got beat in Ghana in the 3rd place play off. 

This signalled my time coming to an end in South Africa as it was time to find a new job.

Season Review

2019          Tunisia
2024          S Africa    Qualified for Nations Cup, Won CHAN
2025          S Africa    4th Place In African Nations

Challenge Progress

Club

0/10 domestic cups - 

International -

0/2 world tournaments -

Pug's Update Season 2020/21

u6Wgp3q.png

So The Main Target Was The Champions League. I Managed To Keep All But 3 Of My Players. The Q-Finals Was Against Sudan Side Al-Merreikh

And A 4-1 And 7-1 Win, To Book A Semi-Final With Mthatha Bucks And A 3-0 Win And 1-0 Loss Put Us Into The Finals. In The Finals We Played

Wydad Casablanca From Morocco And A Easy 9-0 And 4-2 Win. So With That I Resign For My Next Challenge.

Table When I Left   Results   Champions League Results

CLUB CAREER                      
                                                                       -----------
Season     Club                Leagues        Cups                                     Other & Notes
                               1st  2nd       1st  2nd    Cont    CWC  
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18    Soihull Moors                                                               Won Vanarama League
2018/19    Mthatha Bucks       Won                 Won                                 Won ABSA Premiership/Telkom
2019/20    Kaizer Chiefs       Won            Won  Won                                 Won All Domestic Trophies
2020/21    Kaizer Chiefs                                  Won                          Left After Champions League Win                                                   
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                                   INTERNATIONAL CAREER
                                                                   --------------------

Season    Nation         Cups                                                                         Other & Notes
                         World Cup    Confed Cup    Euro's    AFC    ACON    Gold Cup   Copa America
2020/21   Nigeria

Challenge Progress.
  -------------------

Club
----
1/10 Top Domestic Leagues(South Africa)
1/10 Top Domestic Cups   (South Africa)
1/5  Continental Cups    (Kaizer Chiefs)
0/1  Club World Cup      ()

International
-------------
0/5  Continental Tournaments ()
0/2  World Tournaments       ()

2028 – Sport Club Internacional

240px-Escudo_do_Sport_Club_Internacional

Manager Profile – State Championship – Cup Fixtures – League 1 – League 2
CompetitionsPlayer Stats – Transfers

All over a good season for us. I'm finding some good youth in this team that now got experience in the league, and that hopefully will be important later if I stay. We are not playing consistent enough to get anywhere, but at the best we can challenge the best teams in the league. Will probably go with this guy on top from now on, hoping he will net us some important goals. At least looking for a top-half finish next season, and preferably challenge for a spot in the Copa Libertadores. Think there is hope for next season, as I played a relatively young squad this year. 

CLUB MANAGEMENT
Season    Team                     League                        Position   Domestic Cups            Continental Cup   Notes
2017/18   Hong Kong Rangers        Hong Kong Premier League      6th        1st/1st/2nd/Qtr. final   N/A               National C-license, 2 domestic cups
2018      Geylang International    Singaporean League            6th        1st/3rd                  N/A               Took over 7th with 8 games to go, 1 domestic cup
2019      Geylang International    Singaporean League            1st        1st/2nd                  N/A               National B-license, 1 domestic cup
2020      N/A                      N/A                           N/A        N/A                      N/A               Unemployed
2021      N/A                      N/A                           N/A        N/A                      N/A               No club job
2022      Shijiazhuang Yongchang   Chinese Super League          10th       3rd round                N/A               Continental C-license, expected last in league, 3rd best in 2nd half of the season
2023      Shijiazhuang Yongchang   Chinese Super League          3rd        4th round                N/A               Continental B-license, expected last in league, qualified for ACL
2024	  Shijiazhuang Yongchang   Chinese Super League          3rd        4th round                Qtr. Final        Continental A-license, qualified for ACL
2025      Shijiazhuang Yongchang   Chinese Super League          2nd        2nd                      1st               4th in CWC, won Chinese Super League Fair Play award
2026      Bahia                    Brazilian National 1st div.   N/A        5th round                N/A               Won the Bahia State, sacked after 4 league games
2027      Internacional            Brazilian National 1st div.   15th       N/A                      N/A               Took over in 19th, barely avoided relegation
2028      Internacional            Brazilian National 1st div.   11th       Qtr. final               N/A               Top half finish, 3rd round of Copa Sudamericana

INTERNATIONAL MANAGEMENT
Season   Nation        FIFA Ranking   Continental Tournament   World Tournament   Notes
2020     Iraq          66th           N/A                      N/A                Took over just before new year, no games
2021     Iraq          74th           N/A                      N/A                Resigned when I didn't qualify to WC, fell 8 places on FIFA ranking during my stay
2022     New Zealand   85th           N/A                      N/A                Played well in friendlies, 9 places up on FIFA ranking, starting to figure out how this works..
2023     Mexico        N/A            1st                      N/A                Won the Gold Cup
2026     Nigeria       19th           N/A                      N/A                Qualified for ACON
2027     Nigeria       11th           1st                      N/A                Won the ACON

Challenge Progress
Club
1/10 top domestic leagues (Geylang Int., SIN;)
2/10 domestic cups (HK Rangers, HKG; Geylang Int., SIN;)
1/5 club continental championships (Shijiazhuang Yongchang, CHN;)
0/1 club world championship ()

International
2/5 continental tournaments (Gold Cup, MEX; African Cup of Nations, NIG; )
0/2 world tournaments ()

Trophies:

Spoiler

Season     Team/Nation                Trohpy
2018       Hong Kong Rangers          Hong Kong League Cup
2018       Hong Kong Rangers          Hong Kong Sapling Cup
2018       Geylang International      Singaporean League Cup
2019       Geylang International      Singaporean League Cup
2020       Geylang International      Singaporean League
2023       Mexico                     North American Gold Cup
2025       Shijiazhuang Yongchang     Asian Champions League
2026       Shijiazhuang Yongchang     Chinese FA Super Cup
2026       Bahia                      Brazilian Bahia State Championship
2027       Nigeria                    African Cup of Nations

Edited by Skogmus

2029 – Sport Club Internacional

An incredible season for us. This guy is an absolute wonder on top, and I'm just hoping that he'll stick around for another season. We started the season strongly in a new formation, only losing to Botafogo the first half of the season (but it was a big loss…). A bit more troublesome second half of the season, but I think we play really good until November. Unfortunately there are games through November and into December, and we lose the title race in the end and gets knocked out of the Copa Sudamericana. A bit annoyed in the end, but really can't complain on how it went. All in all a great achievement for us, and we will play the Copa Libertadores next year!

CLUB MANAGEMENT
Season    Team                     League                        Position   Domestic Cups            Continental Cup   Notes
2017/18   Hong Kong Rangers        Hong Kong Premier League      6th        1st/1st/2nd/Qtr. final   N/A               National C-license, 2 domestic cups
2018      Geylang International    Singaporean League            6th        1st/3rd                  N/A               Took over 7th with 8 games to go, 1 domestic cup
2019      Geylang International    Singaporean League            1st        1st/2nd                  N/A               National B-license, 1 domestic cup
2020      N/A                      N/A                           N/A        N/A                      N/A               Unemployed
2021      N/A                      N/A                           N/A        N/A                      N/A               No club job
2022      Shijiazhuang Yongchang   Chinese Super League          10th       3rd round                N/A               Continental C-license, expected last in league, 3rd best in 2nd half of the season
2023      Shijiazhuang Yongchang   Chinese Super League          3rd        4th round                N/A               Continental B-license, expected last in league, qualified for ACL
2024	  Shijiazhuang Yongchang   Chinese Super League          3rd        4th round                Qtr. Final        Continental A-license, qualified for ACL
2025      Shijiazhuang Yongchang   Chinese Super League          2nd        2nd                      1st               4th in CWC, won Chinese Super League Fair Play award
2026      Bahia                    Brazilian National 1st div.   N/A        5th round                N/A               Won the Bahia State, sacked after 4 league games
2027      Internacional            Brazilian National 1st div.   15th       N/A                      N/A               Took over in 19th, barely avoided relegation
2028      Internacional            Brazilian National 1st div.   11th       Qtr. final               N/A               Top half finish, 3rd round of Copa Sudamericana
2029      Internacional            Brazilian National 1st div.   2nd        4th round                N/A               Semi final of Copa Sudamericana, Qualified for Copa Libertadores

INTERNATIONAL MANAGEMENT
Season   Nation        FIFA Ranking   Continental Tournament   World Tournament   Notes
2020     Iraq          66th           N/A                      N/A                Took over just before new year, no games
2021     Iraq          74th           N/A                      N/A                Resigned when I didn't qualify to WC, fell 8 places on FIFA ranking during my stay
2022     New Zealand   85th           N/A                      N/A                Played well in friendlies, 9 places up on FIFA ranking, starting to figure out how this works..
2023     Mexico        N/A            1st                      N/A                Won the Gold Cup
2026     Nigeria       19th           N/A                      N/A                Qualified for ACON
2027     Nigeria       11th           1st                      N/A                Won the ACON

Challenge Progress
Club
1/5 club continental championships (Shijiazhuang Yongchang, CHN;)

International
0/2 world tournaments ()

Trophies:

Spoiler

2029       Internacional              Brazilian Gaúcho State Championship

Season 12 Walsall, England

Just four points off the play offs hopefully there will be an improvement next season also got another badge done.

Domestic
Season	Team	       Division			      Position Notes
2017/18 Sibenik        Croatian Second League         8th      Took over with the team in 8th
2018/19 Sibenik        Croatian Second League         1st      Promoted
2019/20 Sibenik        Croatian First League          5th      Qualified for the Europa League
2020/21 Sibenik        Croatian First League          4th      Croatian Cup Winners.
2021/22 Dinamo         Croatian First League          1st      League Winners, Croatian Cup Winners, Europa League runners-up
2022/23 Dinamo         Croatian First League          N/A      Sacked in November
2023/24 Villanovense   Spanish Second Division B4     8th      Joined January 2024
2024/25 Villanovense   Spanish Second Division B4     2nd      Promoted
2025/26 Villanovense   Spanish Second Division        N/A      Quit in November
2025/26 Walsall        English League Two             2nd      Promoted
2026/27 Walsall        English League One             1st      Promoted
2027/28 Walsall        English Championship           13th     
2028/29 Walsall        English Championship           8th      Four points from play offs
2029/30 Walsall        English Championship

International
Season  Team          Notes
2022    Ivory Coast   Hired July '22
2023    Ivory Coast   Won ACON
2024    Ivory Coast   Qualified for ACON
2025    Ivory Coast   Sacked after being runner up in ACON

Vikeologist's 2029/30 Juventus Report

Image result for Juventus Logo

I'm back. Not sure how long for. I fancied a break from my Youth save, which was in turn a break from this challenge. Ironically for this next season, I went to Italy, bought no new players and played a few youth players.

I took over with about 15 matches to go in 5th place, with the mission of climbing at least 1 and qualifying for the Champions League. The title looked well beyond us, especially after 2 instant results suggested that my Assistant Manager couldn’t be trusted. I took full control, and we won out next 10 league games.

That left us with 2 matches to go, and Juve in 2nd, one of three teams on 78 points. Then the top team (because of a complicated rock paper scissors matches between teams situation) lost, and with almost half our team suspended for the penultimate match, and forced to play pensioners still on contracts awarded when they could walk without frames, we could only draw at home against one of the divisions bottom feeders. The third place team, AC Milan, won, but luckily we were playing them in the last match of the season. We would have to win, but the league was still within our grasp.

I could give you a detailed account of the match, but let’s just say that it was crazy. We were 1-0 against the flow of play. We were 2-1. They equalised in the 80th minute just as I was about to shut up shop. We went 3-2 up with a few minutes to go, at which point I did shut up, barricade and declare an independent nation with it’s own army around the shop. We held on, and were Champions.

I probably will stay for another season, as I don’t want to need an extra cup at the end, and also I do need to win the Champions League at some point. We were out of the cup before I took over. We were still in the Champions League but were humiliated by PSG in the quarter final.

However, if a really good job comes up in another nation, for instance after the upcoming World Cup, I might jump ship.

Top Goalscorer – Riccardo Barberi– 26 Might not sound like a lot of goals, but almost all of them came under me.

Top Average Rating – Enzo Banchieri – 7.56 Another striker, I introduced him to the team, and he was even more productive than Barberi with 12 goals in 16 starts. Mind you, 7 of them came over 2 consecutive matches.

Man of the Match – Barberi – 7

MVP – Dean Rossen -A midfielder who’s probably our best player, but it doesn’t show up in stats. Massively ahead of the rest of the team on chances created.

Domestic
Season	Team				Position	Notes										
17	Shanghai Shenxin (China)	9th		Took over with 5 matches left, and didn't win any of them. 
18	Shanghai Shenxin		2nd		Promoted
19	Shanghai Shenxin		9th	
20	Hebei China Fortune		3rd		Won FA Cup									
21	Hebei China Fortune		1st		League, Cup, Champions League treble						
21-2	Ajax CT (South Africa)		5th		Took over with 8 matches left, missed out on Confed Cup qual by 1 point.
22-3	Ajax CT				1st		Won African Champions League. League, KO Cup and FA Cup quadruple. Unbeaten in league.
23/4(O)	Chivas (Mexico)			1st		Lost in League final. Won the Mexican Cup.
23/4(C)	Chivas				1st		League / NACL double.
24	Defensor Sporting (Uruguay)	2nd		Took over half way through season. Won Closing Stage and First Division Playoff. Lost Championship Playoff.
25	Defensor Sporting		1st		Won Opening and Closing Stages and Intermedio (cup). Unbeaten domestically. 
27/8	Bordeaux (France)		2nd		Won Coupe de la Ligue, French Cup and Europa League.
28/9	Bordeaux			1st		League and both domestic cups. Champions League Q/F
29/30	Juventus			1st		Took over with 15 matches remaining. Made up 9 points to win league in last day of season title decider.

International
Year	Team				Achievements
18	China U23			Won Asian Games.
19	Norway				Left after 4 matches of Euro Qualifying.
19-20	Ghana				Left after 2 matches of African Cup Qualifying
20	Belgium				Sacked after leading the #1 team in the world to 1 draw and 3 defeats
21-22	Ivory Coast			Qualified for World Cup and reached second round, won CHAN.
22-23	Mexico				Won Gold Cup, reached Copa America semi with B team.
24-25	Ivory Coast			ACON semifinals
25-26	Ghana				Failed to progress past World Cup group stage
26-27	South Korea			Lost in Q/F of Asian Cup
27-29	Ghana				ACON quarter finals.

Challenge Progress 15/33

Club
 6/10 top domestic leagues 		(China, S Africa, Mexico, Uruguay, France, Italy)		
 5/10 domestic cups 			(China, S Africa, Mexico, Uruguay, France)						
 3/5 club continental championships	(Asia, Africa, North America) 	
 0/1 club world championship

International
 1/5 continental tournaments 		(N America)	
 0/2 world tournaments 

After the World Cup, (which I wasn't managing in as Argentina turned me down immediately before it) I was offered quite a few international jobs.

Ghana - For the 4th time this save

China - With the Asian Cup next year

Holland and Spain in Europe

But I think I'm going to go with Argentina, with the Copa America next year. The fact that hosts Brazil turned me down add a little bit of fuel to the fire.

Hey, guys! I haven't played FM in quite a while and haven't checked this thread, either. I'm a bit shocked I'm still the only one who's completed this challenge for FM 18. In previous years there were more completions by this point, and many more near- completions. Maybe I'm wrong, can't be bothered to check the dates, but it certainly seems that way.

Maybe it's due to the fact that, for some reason I still don't understand, the interest (any by that I mean proper, active attempts at this) was really low when I was playing it. The usual guys who are going at it now weren't there early on. That late start could be the reason no one else has completed it yet.

I know it's exhausting, but keep at it! :)

Also, and maybe I shouldn't say this, completing this challenge really ruins FM for you for some time. No matter what other save you try, there's no holy grail to search for like in this challenge.

After being inspired by the World Cup, I just logged in after a long absence and was delighted to see a notification that my exploits (referred to just a page ago) still live long in the memory!

I'm a lot busier than I was a few years ago but I'm hopeful of catching up on your respective campaigns and maybe even joining again. Great to see this still going :-)

Edited by NormandyWept

Vikeologist's 2030 Flamengo Report  

Image result for flamengo badge

I really intended to stay at Juventus for another season to try to win the cup, and ideally Champions League. I bought and sold a lot of players, and compiled a team that I thought would stand an excellent chance, but then an opportunity too enticing to turn down came up.

As mentioned previously, Brazil didn’t offer me the job after the World Cup. They offered it to the Flamengo manager. I applied for and was offered the job.

After a quarter of the season, Flamengo were top of the league table by a couple of points, in the last 16 of the Libertadores and the quarter final of the Brazilian Cup.

There was a big problem. They only had 1 competent central defender of , he was injured for the next few months.

But the potential upside, and gamble, was too good to turn down. Jobs at Brazilian sides still in the Lib, just don’t come up all that often, especially clubs topping the table. My hopes really would rely on my tactic rather than the few players I had available to me, and if I failed, there’s always next season, all several thousand matches of it.

I managed to sign a couple of defenders to register them for the Libertadores from the QF onwards.

Although we were untouchable in the league, which we won by a country mile, the cups were a different kettle of fish. We rode our luck in getting to the final of the Brazilian Cup where we had a dodgy penalty awarded against us and 2 players sent off in the second leg. Although we were the better side over 2 legs, we lost.

Luckily what could have been a terrifyingly stressful Copa Libertadores second leg was eased by winning the first leg away 5-0, and 7-1 over the 2 legs.

That left the matter of the Club World Championship, which with PSG in was going to be tough, but would be really helpful to win. Apart from the fact that I still need to win it sometime, if I don’t win it now, I will have to stay at whichever European club I win the Champions League with for an extra half year, and still might not win it. I really wanted to get it out of the way now.

And I really thought I’d done it. We went 2-0 up early in the match and then controlled the game until PSG scored twice in the last 20 minutes, and then grabbed a winner in extra time. Really gutting.

Nonetheless, coming to Flamengo was a huge gamble that paid off. I am a couple of domestic cups behind, which will doubtless be a bit of a pain near the end of the challenge. Just have to go to a couple of nations I’ve always fancied managing in.

Really glad to get Brazil and the Libertadores out of the way, especially after the Lib bug ended my Ultimate Challenge last year.. Hate managing in Brazil with all the matches. At one point I had 3 matches on consecutive days, and 2 of them were cup finals. Despite taking over a quarter of the way into the First Division, we still played 48 matches.

I only have the English and German leagues loaded. I'll load the Spanish in the summer when I can. 

Top Goalscorer – Adrien– 40 Sounds like a lot of goals,, but he played in 65 matches.

Top Average Rating – Claudio Brizuela – 7.73 Another striker, and he’s in my Argentinian side. I think I’ve mentioned that I’m the Argentina manager.

Man of the Match – Brizuela – 10

MVP – Brizuela

Domestic
17	Shanghai Shenxin (China)	9th		Took over with 5 matches left, and didn't win any of them. 
19	Shanghai Shenxin		9th	
21-2	Ajax CT (South Africa)		5th		Took over with 8 matches left, missed out on Confed Cup qual by 1 point.
22-3	Ajax CT				1st		Won African Champions League. League, KO Cup and FA Cup quadruple. Unbeaten in league.
24	Defensor Sporting (Uruguay)	2nd		Took over half way through season. Won Closing Stage and First Division Playoff. Lost Championship Playoff.
25	Defensor Sporting		1st		Won Opening and Closing Stages and Intermedio (cup). Unbeaten domestically. 
27/8	Bordeaux (France)		2nd		Won Coupe de la Ligue, French Cup and Europa League.
29/30	Juventus			1st		Took over with 15 matches remaining. Made up 9 points to win league in last day of season title decider.
30	Flamengo			1st		Took over 9 matches into the season. League, Libertadores double. Lost CWC in extra time.

International
20	Belgium				Sacked after leading the #1 team in the world to 1 draw and 3 defeats
30-	Argentina

Challenge Progress 17/33

Club
 7/10 top domestic leagues 		(China, S Africa, Mexico, Uruguay, France, Italy, Brazil)		
 4/5 club continental championships	(Asia, Africa, North America, South America) 	

International
 0/2 world tournaments 

Edited by vikeologist

On 08/03/2018 at 08:35, yugular said:

6683__1925__logo-125-splash-new-padded.p

FIFA CLUB WORLD CUP CHAMPIONS!

Finally the competition I was looking forward to! This was my second shot at the title (tho to be realistic I didn't really have a chance with Orlando Pirates). Easy 4-0 win in the semis against ES Tunis and a tight battle in the finals against FLA (Flamengo?) which I managed to win 1-0. After the tournament I pushed a new contract for myself and leaked the refusal to the press, well that got me sacked :D Hopefully my sacking leads to some movement in the manager market...

15JuxNy.jpg

Season       Team             Position         Champs League       Notes and Achievements     
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

16/17	Carlisle              7th Sky Bet League 2	           Lost in playoffs rnd 1
17/18   Carlisle              1st Sky Bet League 2                 Promotion 
18/19   Middlesbrough         2nd Championship                     Promotion
19/20   Middlesbrough         5th Premier League                   EC slot
21/22   New England Revolution MLS                                 resigned
22/23   Orlando Pirates       1st ABSA Premiership                 runner-up in CAF Confederations Cup
23/24   Orlando Pirates       1st ASBA Premiership Won CAF CL      Won MTN8Cup
24/25   Orlando Pirates       resigned in January                  Won Telkom Knockout
25/26   Real Betis            1st Liga Adelante                    Won promotion
26/27   Real Betis            13th Liga BBVA
27/28   Liverpool             6th Premier League                   EC slot
28/29   Liverpool             2nd Premier League                   Won FA CUP & EUROPA LEAGUE
29/30   Liverpool             1st Premier League   Won CL          Won Capital One Cup & Community Shield
30/31   Liverpool             Got sacked in January                Won Club World Cup, Community Shield & UEFA Super Cup

International:
Season      Team             Notes and Achievements:
---------------------------------------------------------
2020        Croatia          Won European Championship
2022        Spain            Won World Cup
2024        Spain            Top4 in European Championship, got sacked
2026        Ivory Coast      Group stage 3rd in World Cup
2027        Ivory Coast      Won Africa Cup of Nations
2030        Croatia          Won World Cup

Challenge Progress 10/33

Club
 2/10 top domestic leagues (ABSA Premiership 22/23/Orlando Pirates, Premier League 29/30/Liverpool)
 2/10 domestic cups (Telkom Knockout 24/25/Orlando Pirates, FA CUP 28/29/Liverpool)
 2/5 club continental championships (CAF CL 23/24/Orlando Pirates, Champions League 29/30/Liverpool)
 1/1 club world championship (2030/2031/Liverpool)

International
 2/5 continental tournaments (European Championship 2020/Croatia, Africa Cup of Nations 2027/Ivory Coast)
 1/2 world tournaments (World Cup 2022/Spain)

Found it! This was from page 66, so I've had a nice break here between :D Well now im on summer holiday and hoping to play thru 1 or 2 seasons. After the sacking from Liverpool I managed to secure a role as a manager of River Plate in April. River Plate won the Primera Division in 29/30 but ended up in 6th position in 30/31. For season 31/32 its playing in the Copa Libertadores (which is my target here) but for season 32/33 River Plate will be in the tier2 continental competition. So I will need to focus heavily on Libertadores this year!!

8 hours ago, yugular said:

My players have missed THREE consecutive pens in three games :seagull:

Are any of them Danish, by any chance...? :rolleyes: 

1 hour ago, dllu said:

Are any of them Danish, by any chance...? :rolleyes: 

No. Good catch though :D

Im from Finland and should support our almost fellow neighbours, but Croatia is my team this summer and I was happy to seem them through. What a thriller it was!

Yeah my players missed three consecutive penalties in the Primera Division, but in the fourth game my gk made a penalty save in Copa Libertadores. It's not a good conversation rate but i take it! :D

edit. Croatia has also been integral part of my "success" in this challenge btw

Edited by yugular

Vikeologist's 2031 Argentina Copa America Report   

Pre-Tournament

No new club job yet. Neither Man City or Chelsea offered me an interview, probably because of the international job with Argentina, so now it’s time for the Copa America which will either result in glory or a sacking induced better chance of getting a club job.

I think Brazil are better than us. They beat us in the Superclásico which was my first competitive match, but hopefully the side can enact my tactics better now.

Worth noting however that Argentina, having fallen to 27th in the world rankings are behind Chile as well as Brazil.

Group Stage

Spoiler

Argentina 4-1 Peru – With half an hour to go we were 1-0 down and I was regretting my decision to take this job, instead of the many others on offer.

Argentina 1-1 Ecuador – I instant resulted this one, because I thought watching it would be boring. Won’t do that again.

Argentina 0-3 Paraguay – That’s not good, but we still managed to finish 2nd in the group.

Quarter Final (if applicable)

Spoiler

Argentina 3-3 Colombia (Lost 6-5 on penalties)

We were 3-0 up, and I thought that we’d at least avoided my worst international tournament ever, but then Colombia staged a comeback. I looked to see who my best penalty takers were, and the best 6 were all on the bench, with only 2 substitutions left to me.

Semi Final (if applicable)

Spoiler

3rd Place Playoff / Final (if applicable)

Spoiler

After The Tournament

Spoiler

Obviously I will be sacked. I’m triumphant at club level, but things just keep going well internationally. Honestly, at this point I’ve just given upon winning international trophies. It doesn’t look at the moment as though any good national jobs are going to open up after the summer tournaments.

In the middle of the tournament I picked up a new club job, with Red Bull Salzburg who are in the Champions League having finished 3rd last season. Funnily enough, 2 of my prospective starting RBL strikers were in my Argentina squad. They haven’t exactly made a good first impression. I don’t mean in terms of goals. Actually one scored 3 goals in the Copa and the other grabbed one as a sub. They just don’t seem very interesting.

Edited by vikeologist

107.png

A SHORT VISIT TO SOUTH AMERICA

Oh wow! I got what I wanted in about 1 year!

I started in River Plate in 19/4/2031. The team was struggling and I barely managed to finish 6th in the Primera Division, but the club was in the Copa Libertadores. I made it my main goal to win Copa Libertadores in 2031 as the club wouldn't be in it in 2032 as the previous manager wasn't able to be competitive in season 30/31. During the summer transfer window i splashed the cast to get the necessary players in order to play the same possession based defensive tactics Ive used during the whole challenge. Libertadores was hard but we made it. We had to beat three brazilian teams (including a very strong Flamengo) in the way. League was easy. 17 conceded goals in 38 games, our gk made some sort of record by keeping clean sheet 28 times. In Club World Cup we weren't competitive, but I played my reserves there anyways. Next up EURO 2032 with Croatia, maybe I manage to bring another win for Croatia?

https://imgur.com/H2NL0WN

https://imgur.com/98vsaNA

Season       Team             Position         Champs League       Notes and Achievements     
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
16/17	Carlisle              7th Sky Bet League 2	           Lost in playoffs rnd 1
17/18   Carlisle              1st Sky Bet League 2                 Promotion 
18/19   Middlesbrough         2nd Championship                     Promotion
19/20   Middlesbrough         5th Premier League                   EC slot
21/22   New England Revolution MLS                                 resigned
22/23   Orlando Pirates       1st ABSA Premiership                 runner-up in CAF Confederations Cup
23/24   Orlando Pirates       1st ASBA Premiership Won CAF CL      Won MTN8Cup
24/25   Orlando Pirates       resigned in January                  Won Telkom Knockout
25/26   Real Betis            1st Liga Adelante                    Won promotion
26/27   Real Betis            13th Liga BBVA
27/28   Liverpool             6th Premier League                   EC slot
28/29   Liverpool             2nd Premier League                   Won FA CUP & EUROPA LEAGUE
29/30   Liverpool             1st Premier League   Won CL          Won Capital One Cup & Community Shield
30/31   Liverpool             Got sacked in January                Won Club World Cup, Community Shield & UEFA Super Cup
30/31   River Plate           6th Primera Div                      Appointed as a manager in April
31/32   River Plate           1st Primera Div      Won CL

International:
Season      Team             Notes and Achievements:
---------------------------------------------------------
2020        Croatia          Won European Championship
2022        Spain            Won World Cup
2024        Spain            Top4 in European Championship, got sacked
2026        Ivory Coast      Group stage 3rd in World Cup
2027        Ivory Coast      Won Africa Cup of Nations
2030        Croatia          Won World Cup
Challenge Progress 12/33

Club
 3/10 top domestic leagues (ABSA Premiership 22/23/Orlando Pirates, Premier League 29/30/Liverpool, Primera Division 31/32/River Plate)
 2/10 domestic cups (Telkom Knockout 24/25/Orlando Pirates, FA CUP 28/29/Liverpool)
 3/5 club continental championships (CAF CL 23/24/Orlando Pirates, Champions League 29/30/Liverpool, Copa Libertadores 2031/River Plate)
 1/1 club world championship (2030/2031/Liverpool)

International
 2/5 continental tournaments (European Championship 2020/Croatia, Africa Cup of Nations 2027/Ivory Coast)
 1/2 world tournaments (World Cup 2022/Spain)

Vikeologist's 2031/2 Red Bull Leipzig Season Report 

Image result for rbl

The league was the expected walk in the park, (winning by 16 points), but it was also important to win the German Cup, (because I was a couple of cups behind my league wins) and at some point I need to win the Champions League.

We made it to the German Cup final very easily, and then were dreadful, losing down 1-0. So now I’m 3 cups in arrears. Nobody in this challenge has ever had this happen to them. It’s going to add a few seasons to completing the club side of things, though I suppose it will be something to do while I’m trying to win international trophies.

We also made it smoothly to the Champions League final, including getting past the  reigning champions in the semi finals, a Juventus side that I pretty much made invincible before leaving them for Flamengo. The final against Lyon should have been a formality, but having just seen my side screw up one final, I was worried. I didn’t need to be. We won 5-0 in cruise control.

It’s a relief to get the final Champions League, although the job is only half done. I need to stick around another 6 months and win the club world championship. If I screw that up, I’ll have to win the Champions League again. I suppose that also means there’s a decent chance I’ll stay the whole season and try to win the German Cup.

Top Goalscorer – Serkan Ozer– 36  He is good, but really was the top goalscorer because he was injured less than my other strikers. More of a participation award.   

Top Average Rating – Gastón Echaniz– 8.15 Maybe my best player, but he picked up a serious injury near the end of the season, and I’ll be lucky if he’s back in time for the CWC.

Man of the Match – Nicolás Suárez – 8 Again picked up a nasty injury, in his case playing for Argentina when they were playing against my Colombia side. I looked up who he’d played for in the past, and he was a key player in my 2025 Defensor Sporting side scoring 50 goals on loan. Also featured in my 2031 Argentina Copa America side, but I'm close to forgiving him for that.

MVP –  My 144 goals strikers (all 8 of them)

I'm also the Colombia manager. After a shaky start, we're top of the World Cup Qualifying. Of course we are, it's a league. 

Domestic
19	Shanghai Shenxin		9th	
29/30	Juventus (Italy)		1st		Took over with 15 matches remaining. Made up 9 points to win league in last day of season title decider.
30	Flamengo (Brazil)		1st		Took over 9 matches into the season. League, Libertadores double. Lost CWC in extra time.
31-32	Red Bull Leipzig (Germany)	1st		League / Champions League final. Yet another cup final defeat.

International
30-31	Argentina			Copa America Q/F
31-	Colombia

Challenge Progress 19/33

Club
 8/10 top domestic leagues 		(China, S Africa, Mexico, Uruguay, France, Italy, Brazil, Germany)		
 5/5 club continental championships	(Asia, Africa, North America, South America, Europe) 	

International
 0/2 world tournaments 

2030 – Sport Club Internacional

Another great season, but I'm really struggling to win leagues… 2nd place again, and will leave Brazil winning neither the league nor the cup. This is due to the massive win in the Copa Libertadores, where we somehow went all the way. A bit annoyed not to get a cup or league win, but with the Libertadores secured my mission in South-America is done. Hoping to go to Europe next, loading up France and Italy from mid-2031 (stupid me not thinking I'd win the Lib on the first try and prepare new nations to manage in…) where I hope to start hunting all of those European trophies. But first I'm heading into the Asian Nations Cup with Australia, hoping to clinch a third continental cup.

Edit: Found out that USA starts new season late December so loaded up MLS and dropped France for now. Might take a step back and do a bit work there first as I don't wan't to wait those 6 months for Europe to load and I don't feel that I can resign two months into a new contract at Internacional.

CLUB MANAGEMENT
2029      Internacional            Brazilian National 1st div.   2nd        4th round                N/A               Semi final of Copa Sudamericana, Qualified for Copa Libertadores
2030      Internacional            Brazilian National 1st div.   2nd        5th round                1st               3rd in CWC

INTERNATIONAL MANAGEMENT
2030     Australia     62nd           N/A                      N/A                Lost pretty much every friendly preparing for Nations Cup

Challenge Progress
Club
2/5 club continental championships (Shijiazhuang Yongchang, CHN; Sport Club Internacional, BRA;)

International
0/2 world tournaments ()

Trophies:

Spoiler

2030       Internacional              Brazilian Gaúcho State Championship
2030       Internacional              Copa Libertadores

Edited by Skogmus

2030/31 – Australia

320px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png

I got the job as manager for Australia after World Cup 2030 looking to secure the Asian Nations Cup in 2031. Playing friendlies mainly against European oppositions we didn't really get the results, but the performances weren't bad. Hoped to get more out of it than I did, but in the end it was all about finding a squad to use in the nations cup.

Asian Nations Cup 2031

Group stage:

Spoiler

Australia 3 - 0 Hong Kong (China PR)
Australia 1 - 0 India
Australia 2 - 1 Iran

A lucky draw sees us through. Iran the only real challenge, but we manage to turn the match around after being 1-0 down. Yongchang star Johnson scoring the winning goal. Won the group.

2nd round (if applicable):

Spoiler

Australia 3 - 0 Qatar

Thought this would be tougher than it was. Controlled win taking us into the quarter finals.

Quarter final (if applicable):

Spoiler

Australia 3 - 0 Thailand

Dominated the game, only allowing Thailand one single shot at target. Had to give Johnson a game from the start after scoring 2 off the bench the last two games, he returned the favor with being invisible and getting a yellow card…

Semi final (if applicable):

Spoiler

Australia 3 - 1 Japan

Now things gets interesting. Fell behind after 3 minutes, but got back in it with a goal from the penalty spot after 8. Close match where our 2-1 goal is vital. Got them on the break late in the match, and Johnson setting the final score 3-1 with his 3rd goal as a sub this tournament.

Final (if applicable):

Spoiler

Australia 1-4e South Korea

Not how I saw this tournament ending… Fell behind from an own goal and fought ourself back in the game. Close game that could've gone either way until I got a red card in the 89th minute. Got into extra time one man down, and everything fell apart. South-Korea probably deserved the victory in the end, but not with those figures. What could've been…

After tournament:

Spoiler

Frustrated right now, but what can you do? There's a new chance in 4 years, and if nothing really tempting comes up in the meantime I'll probably stick around until then. This decision is mostly taken due to the fact that World Cup 2034 is hosted by Australia, allowing me to enter it as home nation. Not looking to win the World Cup with Australia (even though I will take it if it happens), but would like to take the experience from it.

CLUB MANAGEMENT
2030      Internacional            Brazilian National 1st div.   2nd        5th round                1st               3rd in CWC

INTERNATIONAL MANAGEMENT
2030     Australia     62nd           N/A                      N/A                Lost pretty much every friendly preparing for Nations Cup
2031     Australia                    2nd                      N/A                

Challenge Progress
Club
2/5 club continental championships (Shijiazhuang Yongchang, CHN; Sport Club Internacional, BRA;)

International
0/2 world tournaments ()

Trophies:

Spoiler

2031 – New York City FC

200px-New_York_City_FC.svg.png

Matches – Transfers

Another quick update from me as there is a lot going on in this save. Going into Asia Cup with Australia, I also got the job as manager for New York City FC (NYCFC). This team was before my arrival medias favorite to win the MLS league and should be able to challenge for the NA Champions League. But what a struggle it turned out to be… The squad was huge and not balanced at all. The complicated player-registration rules in the US did not help on this matter, as I found myself unable to really strengthen the squad. Decided to give it a shot anyways hoping to get some results out of it, but it wasn't meant to be. Hired in January and I resigned mid-March when we got knocked out of the NA Champions League. Couldn't really get anything to happen here, so figured it was better to just leave before things got worse. Regret the decision on managing this team, as they were not competitive at all, and feel bad for the club having paid £2.4M to release me from my contract at Internacional. Just focusing on Australia now until France and Italy is loaded up, and hope that it is possible to get a job in one of those leagues.

CLUB MANAGEMENT
2031      New York City FC         Major League Soccer           N/A        N/A                      Qtr. Final        Resigned in March, 0 pts  in 3 league games. Things just did not work

INTERNATIONAL MANAGEMENT
2031     Australia                    2nd                      N/A                

Challenge Progress
Club
2/5 club continental championships (Shijiazhuang Yongchang, CHN; SC Internacional, BRA;)

International
0/2 world tournaments ()

Trophies:

Spoiler

Edited by Skogmus

2031/32 – Girondins de Bordeaux

202px-FC_Girondins_de_Bordeaux_logo.svg.

Manager Profile – Friendlies and Cup Fixtures – League 1 – League 2
Competitions – Player Stats – Transfers

Was able to get the job at Bordeaux before season 2031/32, and hoped to get back on track after my period in New York. We were predicted to be challenging for the continental spots in the league, but it became clear early on that we probably would miss out on that. Played terrible the first half of the season, but I think we became better the second half. Unfortunately it was to late to get very high on the table, but managed to get a mid-table finish in the end. The January transfer window helped a lot to improve and get us to where we ended, and I'd say the squad got strengthened a lot there. On the bright side I did manage to win the Coupe de la Ligue, securing a new domestic cup for the challenge. Left after the season to join Italian club FC Internazionale whom I'll be managing next season. There I'll be reunited with my striker from Internacional, Fabio José, and I hope to win Serie A within few seasons.

CLUB MANAGEMENT
2031      New York City FC         Major League Soccer           N/A        N/A                      Qtr. Final        Resigned in March, 0 pts  in 3 league games. Things just did not work
2031/32   Girondins de Bordeaux    Ligue 1 Conforama             10th       1st/10th round           N/A               Knocked out of group stage of and qualified for next seasons Europa League

INTERNATIONAL MANAGEMENT
2031     Australia     N/A            2nd                      N/A                Lost final of Nations Cup on extra time

Challenge Progress
Club
3/10 domestic cups (HK Rangers, HKG; Geylang Int., SIN; Gd Bordeaux, FRA;)
2/5 club continental championships (Shijiazhuang Yongchang, CHN; SC Internacional, BRA;)

International
0/2 world tournaments ()

Trophies:

Spoiler

2032       Girondins de Bordeaux      Coupe de la Ligue

@vikeologist I finally made the jump to FM18 in the last couple of weeks, and after flailing around in the Dafuge for a bit learning the new futures, I've come back home to the Ultimate. :D

I'm currently 12 matches in, but I'm finally engaged with the new game, and am coming for completion this time.  :)   

I loaded the nations of England, The Netherlands, Serbia, China, Mexico, and South Africa to their lowest playable tier, and Spain to Tier 2, to start.  I am shocked with how much better FM18 runs on my machine to allow me to do that well... although I do use a small database, but very happy with the performance I've gotten!

I was quickly hired at Tamworth FC in the Vanarama National League North, where we are expected to finish mid-table.  Not a bad first job, but I made sure to load all the way to the bottoms of my early playable choices, I don't think my old League 2 starts would be effective in FM18, knowing what I know now. 

Here's my manager profile, here's to the next fifty years of my career. :D

StartingProfile.thumb.jpg.316b429c42a1303412b0aaf93de67d3a.jpg

More fresh blood joining the ranks. Here's my profile. I've already played through the first season and a bit of the second, so without further delay...

2018 - Selangor FA

iGAhtLD.png

It took me almost half a year to finally get an interesting job offer: Selangor, 4th in the 2017 edition of the Liga Super Malaysia well behind local powerhouse Johor DT. It was an ideal position for a starting manager, really: joining at the start of the season so I could build the team as I wished, low pressure with reasonable expectations, money in the bank, and a team with enough (too many actually) star players in it to challenge for things in the short term.

Competitions -- Fixtures

The season was... weird. We started wonderfully well, chaining win after win with only a couple of hiccups along the way (both against Felda, and one which kicked us out of the FA Cup). We were leaders and looking solid, Johor were imploding, and the rest of the teams didn't seem to be able to mount a credible challenge. Early cup exit aside, everything looked about as perfect as it could be.

And then the fall happened. Or well, the late summer happened in this case. We got the whole package: injuries to key players (Doe out for two months between August and October, Alfonso out for the final two games of the season and then some...), the Asian Games getting in the way by taking eight potential first-team players away from us for a month and a half, and the lucky bastards of Sembilan scoring their first blow of the year against us, kicking us out of the Malaysia Cup on goals scored after a 2-8 win in their last game put them level with us on points and goal difference. Everything snowballed from there, we hit the post twice in the final five minutes against Felda in what would've been a title deciding goal, and then we choked in the final two games while Sembilan did the opposite and won the title on goal difference. Shameful.

Roster -- Awards

Our best player was obviously Francis Doe, with 15 goals in 19 appearances and good (if somewhat inconsistent, but that's strikers for you I guess) performances all around. Too bad he missed the key part of the season through injury, and that he doesn't seem interested in extending his contract, saying something about getting too old for this level. Alfonso was another stand-out name, our only consistently good defensive player who also was a serious danger in set pieces... and who's out for half a year with a damaged achilles tendon. Sigh. Ahmad Hazwan Bakri and Joseph Kalang were the best local players and our best assist providers, with the first eventually displacing aging Rufino from the first team, and the second playing well above expectations both in midfield and left wing given his age and assumed quality. It's also worth mentioning that Che Kassim won the Malaysian Goalkeeper of the Year award.

I had plans of moving on once the league title was secured. Those plans remain in place: I'll move on once the league title is secured, and not a second earlier. Assuming the board offer me a new contract after two earlier refusals, that is...

Season   Team                         League               Cup1           Cup2          Continental    Other                Notes
======================================================================================================================================================================
2018     Selangor                     2nd                  3rd round      Group Stg.    N/A            N/A                  Joined in the offseason. National C license.
Edited by Dalbeider

Good luck for the challenge @theonets its a fun one, just remember to enjoy your career and not to stress :)

So my season 31/32 ended will in Argentina and I was able to resign from River Plate after just one year in the position :)

Currently im preparing for Confederations Cup with Croatia and looking for opportunities to manage a team that can win a league. Few clubs have approached me, but nothing special yet. Milan would be interesting (my favourite club) as they are struggling at the moment. Currently I have a job offer from Celtic and it could be a good place to manage a year and look if any of the big european clubs get into trouble or manager roulette spins so that interesting positions become available.

2032/33 – FC Internazionale

200px-FC_Internazionale_Milano_2014.svg.

Manager Profile – Fixtures 1 – Fixtures 2
Competitions – Player Stats – Transfers

Going into this season i was presented with a budget that was 5 times of what we had last year at Bordeaux, and I'm really happy on how the transfer window went. Signed Jorge Gonzalez from Internacional as he was one of my leading players there by triggering the release clause in his contract. Richard Jonkers and Àngel Benítez should strengthen our midfield after we lost Yannick Keulen to Arsenal, and Paolo Postorino is a world class stopper to help defensively. Sadly Benítez lost half the season to an injury, but I think he will be a great player.

Opening day against Juventus will always give a difficult start. A bit slow start with 8 points from the first 5 games, but from there we really got things going. A crazy tight season, as we were 3 teams challenging for the title. A few stumbles on the way, but in the end we managed to get top of the league. We were placed first for 7 rounds total over the season, but who cares when we are there after the final round? Beat the boards expectations and we will be playing the Champions League next year! But first I'll play the Confederations Cup with Australia…

CLUB MANAGEMENT
2031/32   Girondins de Bordeaux    Ligue 1 Conforama             10th       1st/10th round           N/A               Knocked out of group stage of and qualified for next seasons Europa League
2032/33   FC Internazionale        Serie A                       1st        1st round                N/A               Italian league!

INTERNATIONAL MANAGEMENT
Season   Nation        Continental Tournament   World Tournament   Notes
2020     Iraq          N/A                      N/A                
2021     Iraq          N/A                      N/A                
2022     New Zealand   N/A                      N/A                
2023     Mexico        1st                      N/A                Won the Gold Cup
2026     Nigeria       N/A                      N/A                Qualified for ACON
2027     Nigeria       1st                      N/A                Won the ACON
2030     Australia     N/A                      N/A                
2031     Australia     2nd                      N/A                Lost final of Nations Cup on extra time
2032     Australia     N/A                      N/A

Challenge Progress
Club
2/10 top domestic leagues (Geylang Int., SIN; FC Internazionale, ITA;)

International
0/2 world tournaments ()

Trophies:

Spoiler

2033       FC Internazionale          Serie A

@Skogmus Nearly on the leader board now. Congrats on the latest league title.

@yugular How many trophies are you on now. Apologies for getting a bit behind updating the leader board. Oh hey, I'm top now. (Joint top, but after I finish figuring out what y'all been up to, and posted an outstanding update, I might be able to make the summit my own).

@Dalbeider Welcome to the challenge. Hopefully Selangor don't choke next season.

@theonets Welcome to you too. Did you find a job yet? Sometimes it takes a while, and sometimes it's worth waiting for the right job.

@jaysdailydose Good luck at Tamworth.

Image result for rblVikeologist's 2032/3 Red Bull Leipzig Season Report 

So, if you remember, having won the league and champions league last season, I had to stay for at least part of this season to try to win the Club World Championship, and hopefully the German Cup as well, to reduce my shortfall of domestic cups. Honestly, even though we had lots of money, I didn’t improve the team as much as I could have. I almost bought a player for £100 million, but thought that I might want to buy him at my next club. I was paying about a hundred grand a week each for 2 loan players that I basically never even used, and gave pay rises to anybody who asked.

Club World Cup

We didn’t look that great in our semi-final against Guangzhou, which we only won 2-1, but disaster really struck in the final against Corinthians where we went in after an awful first half 2-0 down, and me looking at having to stay another 12 months, assuming I retained the Champions League. Luckily, we managed a second half comeback and won the trophy 3-2. A huge relief.

Next was the League which we retained very easily.

German Cup

It was weird going into each cup match after the CWC knowing it could be my last match with RBL, and in every latter round we only squeaked through, but we did manage to make it to the final. Surely we couldn’t throw it away again.

The goalless first half was stressful, but we put it away in the second winning 3-1. At last another domestic cup. Only 2 behind now.

Champions League

We didn’t need to win this, so I just instant resulted everything until the final, which, annoyingly, we lost.  Still, at least we won the 2 cups we had to.

Top Goalscorer – Nicolás Suárez – 40   Would have scored a lot more had he not picked up a cruciate ligament injury late in the season. Will doubtless be the top goalscorer for me in this challenge having played under me for 4 seasons, 2 at Defensor Sporting and now 2 at RBL. 136 goals by my quick count.

Top Average Rating – Serkan Ozer – 8.01

Man of the Match – Serkan Ozer – 17  That is a lot.

MVP –  Serkan Ozer 37 goals 44 assists

What’s next

I have the Italian, Dutch and Portuguese leagues added to kick in imminently. I’d only be going to these nations (back in the case of Italy) to pick up a domestic cup. Italy is coming back to improve my pool for the national team as well.

Barcelona rejected me after an interview, but I'm waiting optimistically for a couple of English clubs post-interviews. My rep is now such that I should be able to get a job despite although being an international manager.

Domestic
19	Shanghai Shenxin		9th	
21/2	Ajax CT (South Africa)		5th		Took over with 8 matches left, missed out on Confed Cup qual by 1 point.
22/3	Ajax CT				1st		Won African Champions League. League, KO Cup and FA Cup quadruple. Unbeaten in league.
29/30	Juventus (Italy)		1st		Took over with 15 matches remaining. Made up 9 points to win league in last day of season title decider.
30	Flamengo (Brazil)		1st		Took over 9 matches into the season. League, Libertadores double. Lost CWC in extra time.
31/2	Red Bull Leipzig (Germany)	1st		League / Champions League final. Yet another cup final defeat.
32/3	Red Bull Leipzig		1st		Won Club World Cup 3-2 from 2-0 down at halftime. Finally won another domestic (German) cup.

International
31-32	Colombia			Left them on top of WC Qualifying group
32-	France

Challenge Progress 21/33

Club
 8/10 top domestic leagues 		(China, S Africa, Mexico, Uruguay, France, Italy, Brazil, Germany)		
 6/10 domestic cups 			(China, S Africa, Mexico, Uruguay, France, Germany)						
 5/5 club continental championships	(Asia, Africa, North America, South America, Europe) 	
 1/1 club world championship

International
 0/2 world tournaments 

2033 Confederations Cup – Australia

320px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png

We went into the Confederations Cup 2033 as host nation, but not there were no pressure result wise. Over the last year I was happy with how we played, but we were lacking a goalscorer. Brought in a couple of new players to the squad that I hoped would help us improve on that matter, as everything can happen in a cup.

Group stage:

Spoiler

Australia 0 - 0 Mexico
Australia 1 - 3 Brazil
Australia 1 - 1 Ivory Coast B

Finished 3rd in the group, and got knocked out.

2nd round (if applicable):

Spoiler

N/A

Quarter final (if applicable):

Spoiler

N/A

Semi final (if applicable):

Spoiler

N/A

Final (if applicable):

Spoiler

N/A

After tournament:

Spoiler

A bit disappointing not getting more out of it, as I feel we deserved to win against Mexico and Ivory Coast. Expected loss against Brazil, but happy that we at least got a goal from the match. Don't really see a solution to the goalscoring-problem that I've had since I got the job, so I resigned immediately after the cup.

CLUB MANAGEMENT

INTERNATIONAL MANAGEMENT
Season   Nation        Continental Tournament   World Tournament   Notes
2020     Iraq          N/A                      N/A                
2021     Iraq          N/A                      N/A                
2022     New Zealand   N/A                      N/A                
2023     Mexico        1st                      N/A                Won the Gold Cup
2026     Nigeria       N/A                      N/A                Qualified for ACON
2027     Nigeria       1st                      N/A                Won the ACON
2030     Australia     N/A                      N/A                
2031     Australia     2nd                      N/A                Lost final of Nations Cup on extra time
2032     Australia     N/A                      N/A
2033     Australia     N/A                      Group stage        Knocked out in group stage of Confederations Cup

Challenge Progress
Club
2/10 top domestic leagues (Geylang Int., SIN; FC Internazionale, ITA;)

International
0/2 world tournaments ()

Trophies:

Spoiler

2033       FC Internazionale          Serie A

7 hours ago, vikeologist said:

@Skogmus Nearly on the leader board now. Congrats on the latest league title.

@yugular How many trophies are you on now. Apologies for getting a bit behind updating the leader board. Oh hey, I'm top now. (Joint top, but after I finish figuring out what y'all been up to, and posted an outstanding update, I might be able to make the summit my own).

@Dalbeider Welcome to the challenge. Hopefully Selangor don't choke next season.

@theonets Welcome to you too. Did you find a job yet? Sometimes it takes a while, and sometimes it's worth waiting for the right job.

@jaysdailydose Good luck at Tamworth.

I'm at Tamworth, same as @jaysdailydose. In a playoff spot currently, but might not keep it, just on the edge of the playoffs 

8 hours ago, vikeologist said:

Image result for rblVikeologist's 2032/3 Red Bull Leipzig Season Report 

So, if you remember, having won the league and champions league last season, I had to stay for at least part of this season to try to win the Club World Championship, and hopefully the German Cup as well, to reduce my shortfall of domestic cups. Honestly, even though we had lots of money, I didn’t improve the team as much as I could have. I almost bought a player for £100 million, but thought that I might want to buy him at my next club. I was paying about a hundred grand a week each for 2 loan players that I basically never even used, and gave pay rises to anybody who asked.

Club World Cup

We didn’t look that great in our semi-final against Guangzhou, which we only won 2-1, but disaster really struck in the final against Corinthians where we went in after an awful first half 2-0 down, and me looking at having to stay another 12 months, assuming I retained the Champions League. Luckily, we managed a second half comeback and won the trophy 3-2. A huge relief.

Next was the League which we retained very easily.

German Cup

It was weird going into each cup match after the CWC knowing it could be my last match with RBL, and in every latter round we only squeaked through, but we did manage to make it to the final. Surely we couldn’t throw it away again.

The goalless first half was stressful, but we put it away in the second winning 3-1. At last another domestic cup. Only 2 behind now.

Champions League

We didn’t need to win this, so I just instant resulted everything until the final, which, annoyingly, we lost.  Still, at least we won the 2 cups we had to.

Top Goalscorer – Nicolás Suárez – 40   Would have scored a lot more had he not picked up a cruciate ligament injury late in the season. Will doubtless be the top goalscorer for me in this challenge having played under me for 4 seasons, 2 at Defensor Sporting and now 2 at RBL. 136 goals by my quick count.

Top Average Rating – Serkan Ozer – 8.01

Man of the Match – Serkan Ozer – 17  That is a lot.

MVP –  Serkan Ozer 37 goals 44 assists

What’s next

I have the Italian, Dutch and Portuguese leagues added to kick in imminently. I’d only be going to these nations (back in the case of Italy) to pick up a domestic cup. Italy is coming back to improve my pool for the national team as well.

Barcelona rejected me after an interview, but I'm waiting optimistically for a couple of English clubs post-interviews. My rep is now such that I should be able to get a job despite although being an international manager.

Domestic
19	Shanghai Shenxin		9th	
21/2	Ajax CT (South Africa)		5th		Took over with 8 matches left, missed out on Confed Cup qual by 1 point.
22/3	Ajax CT				1st		Won African Champions League. League, KO Cup and FA Cup quadruple. Unbeaten in league.
31/2	Red Bull Leipzig (Germany)	1st		League / Champions League final. Yet another cup final defeat.
32/3	Red Bull Leipzig		1st		Won Club World Cup 3-2 from 2-0 down at halftime. Finally won another domestic (German) cup.

International
32-	France

Challenge Progress 21/33

Club

International
 0/2 world tournaments 

Good Luck @vikeologist Hope You Can Win Somethings With France

@vikeologist thanks! And let's just say no, they didn't. :D

2019 - Selangor FA

iGAhtLD.png

Competitions -- Fixtures

Yep, 2019 was a good year. Domestic trebles tend to do that, I guess. The fact that we lost only three games in the whole season, both league games against Pahang and one in extra time against Sanfrecce in the CL, should speak volumes of our almost complete domination of Malaysian football throughout the year. Granted, we didn't actually secure the league title until the very last day, although we were on +3 points and +13 goal average before so it was all but done in any case. Of course it was Pahang who pushed us the hardest, but they threw away too many points against the rest of the league, and we didn't. End of the story.

The cups were surprisingly easy, too, even more considering how the Piala FA decided that throwing Felda Utd. at us in the 3rd round for the second year in a row was a fair thing to do, and that we had back-to-back ties against local rivals in the semis and the final. And that we had to play Pahang aka the only team in the country we couldn't seem to beat in the Piala Malaysia final. No matter. There was no stopping us this year, as the thorough 4-0 destruction of Pahang in the last match of the season shows.

Worth mentioning that we somehow made it into the Champions League despite finishing second last year, when only the champions should qualify. In fact Sembilan weren't anywhere in the continental competitions, with Johor (as Piala FA champions) and somehow Kedah (8th in league and nowhere near any cup finals last year) taking the AFC Cup slots. Huh. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that Sembilan decided to self-destruct in the off-season, releasing literally three quarters of their whole roster on a free, then proceeding to sign almost forty new players in the two transfer windows. No wonder they ended up relegating after that...

Roster -- Team of the Year -- Individual Awards 1 2

We needed to replace our foreign strikers after Doe and Rufino left, so we went for two younger alternatives. Both happened to be excellent signings, particularly Lucas Pugh, our top goalscorer and overall best player. Cyril Idemokon wasn't too far behind, although if he'd scored half the one-on-ones he wasted throughout the year he'd have more goals than Pugh. Gotta improve that composure... Mohamadou Sumareh was another winter capture, and maybe the most talented Malaysian player in the initial database. From the old guard Bakri was once again excellent, and his numbers are even more impressive considering he spent quite a bit of time playing left wing. All in all, the whole squad was close to perfect, as the amount of individual awards shows. We basically only missed out on the Most Popular Player one, even though (or maybe because) seven out of ten candidates were from Selangor!

Oh well, Malaysia has been conquered, so it's time to see what we can do with our shiny new 35% reputation. I'll hope for a top tier team in either China or Korea, but won't say no to moving to South Africa if the opportunity arises, or any other interesting openings elsewhere which might show up. I might have to think about starting on the international side of the challenge, too...

Season   Team                         League               Cup1           Cup2          Continental    Other                Notes
======================================================================================================================================================================
2018     Selangor                     2nd                  3rd round      Group Stg.    N/A            N/A                  Joined in the offseason. National C license.
2019     Selangor                     1st                  Winners        Winners       East Playoff   N/A                  Domestic treble! Manager of the Year. National B and A licenses.

Challenge Progress

Club

1/10 top domestic leagues (Liga Super Malaysia 2019)
1/10 domestic cups (Piala FA (Malaysia) 2019)
0/5 club continental championships ()

International

0/5 continental tournaments ()
0/2 world tournaments ()

Other trophies

Piala Malaysia (2019)

Image result for Tamworth FC

I was given the target of ending in midtable. Tamworth had no manager, but they had a decent squad with their only real weakness being pace. With a deep defensive line, and a counter attacking 4-4-2, we had two very good runs of form, either side of which we lost 3 games in the league and 1 apiece in the cup.

Untitled.thumb.png.cdec63f89d24460e1399910bdfc7e0f8.png

This saw us end as Champions of the Vanarama North. Reid was my best player with an amazing tally of 23 goals. I threw away the FA Trophy because I was a couple of points behind Stockport then, and they had gotten through so I saw an advantage just before their fixture... which I won

We got to the first round of the FA Cup against MK Dons, where we were thrashed 5-2. Financially, the game against MK Dons was a huge success for us and we end the season strong on that front

Untitled.thumb.png.fce9548b422f3796ba1fa96d4a7ffe20.png

What next? Not sure. I might stick around, or I might try and look for a better team sometime next season. I've signed  a new one year contract, let's see.

Edited by theonets

14 hours ago, pug 407 said:

Good Luck @vikeologist Hope You Can Win Somethings With France 

Actually it's Italy. I got mixed up. My mistake, not yours. 

Vikeologist's 2033 Gli Azzuri (I'm sure this time. I double checked) Confederations Cup Report 

Image result for italy football team

Before the tournament

I nearly made a really terrible decision. Italy offered me the job. They were ranked number 1 in the world, and their squad really suited my tactics, but I nearly stayed with Colombia because we were top of World Cup Qualifying, and the Copa America would come before the World Cup.

You know what comes earlier than either of those competitions? the Confederations Cup.

I didn’t realise that Italy would be in it, (being ranked number 1 should have been a clue). Thankfully I took the job anyway, and our build up to the Confed has been pretty good, easily winning our Nations Cup group against Germany and England, 2 of the other top teams in the world. However we did lose the Nations League semi-final on penalties to Spain.

Despite that, I think we stand a pretty good chance.

Group Stage

I
Spoiler

taly    2 – 0   Brazil – A good victory against the team who are probably our main rivals, but I’ve beaten a team in the Confed Cup group stage before, only for my FM15 Challenge World and European Champions Holland to lose the rematch in the final.

Italy    2-0     USA

Italy    5-0     Egypt B

Next up is Morocco. I don’t know if it’s a bug, but their senior squad are competing in the ACON (in Nigeria) and Confed (in Morocco itself) at the same time. The semi-final will be their 8th competitive match in 29 days, and they are still in the ACON. At least we will probably simplify their schedule by removing them from the Confed. Then we would face Germany in the final who we beat both times last year. But nothing is ever that simple for me in international management.

Semi Final (if applicable)

Spoiler

Italy    4-0     Morocco

Poor old Morocco.

3rd Place Playoff / Final (if applicable)

Spoiler

Italy    3-0     Germany

Fairly one-sided. Germany had 3 of my old RBL players in their first team. My Italy side had 3 of my new Chelsea players.

After The Tournament

Spoiler

At least, another international trophy. At the moment Italy are I think pretty clearly the best side in the world, (although I suppose I’m pleased Spain weren’t in this competition), and we stand an excellent chance of picking up the Euro and World Cup to go with our new silverware. 7 of my starting XI for the final are 30 or over, but I think we have replacements, especially with my recent addition of the Italian league.

As mentioned above, 3 of my players also play for me at my new club job; Chelsea. I’ve lost count of how many times Chelsea have not even offered me an interview in Ultimate Challenges, but they’ve seen sense now.

Domestic
19	Shanghai Shenxin		9th	
33/4	Chelsea	

International
32-	Italy				Confederations Cup winners.

Challenge Progress 22/33

Club

International
 1/2 world tournaments 			(Confederations Cup)

Pug's Update Season 2021-22

tLcrBcU.png

So My Next Job Is With Puebla In Mexico. ContractExpectations . They Already Played The Apertura (Open League) And Finished 16th Out Of 18.

So All I Had To Do Was Avoid Relegation, With That I Went About With Getting Some Players In To Help With The Weak Squad. Transfers .

In All We Did Better Than I Could Have Hope For And Finished Top. Table . Not Only That We Also Won The Clausura Cup. Clausura Cup .

I Think That Will Let Us Qualify For The Champions League We'll Have To Wait And See. End Of Season AwardsJob History .

oom183Z.png

Having Some Good Friendly Results It Was Onto The ACON. In The Group Game We Played Tunisia, Guinea-Bissau And Zambia. With 3 Out

Of 3 Wins, It Was Onto A Second Round Match With Angola And A 5-0 Win. Next Up A Quarter-Final Against Algeria And A 4-0 Win Which

Was A Lot Harder Than The Score line Looks. Up Next Was A Semi-Final Against A Strong Ivory Coast And A Easy 5-0 Win. In the Final We 

Play Senegal And A Fairly Easy 4-1 Win To Win The ACON. Results .

CLUB CAREER                      
                                                                       -----------
Season     Club                Leagues        Cups                                     Other & Notes
                               1st  2nd       1st  2nd    Cont    CWC  
2017/18    Soihull Moors                                                               Won Vanarama League
2018/19    Mthatha Bucks       Won                 Won                                 Won ABSA Premiership/Telkom
2019/20    Kaizer Chiefs       Won            Won  Won                                 Won All Domestic Trophies
2020/21    Kaizer Chiefs                                  Won                          Left After Champions League Win 
2021/22    Puebla              Won            Won                                                  
                                                                   INTERNATIONAL CAREER
                                                                   --------------------

Season    Nation         Cups                                                                         Other & Notes
                         World Cup    Confed Cup    Euro's    AFC    ACON    Gold Cup   Copa America
2020/21   Nigeria
2021/22   Nigeria                                                    Won

Challenge Progress.
  -------------------

Club
----
2/10 Top Domestic Leagues(South Africa-Mexico)
2/10 Top Domestic Cups   (South Africa-Mexico)
1/5  Continental Cups    (Kaizer Chiefs)
0/1  Club World Cup      ()

International
-------------
1/5  Continental Tournaments (Nigeria/ACON)
0/2  World Tournaments       ()