The Ultimate Football Manager Challenge - Silver Age Archive

Mohun-Bagan-logo.png

Mohun Bagan - 2017/18

Offer = So I decided to resign from Airbus just before my contract ended. This meant that this offer came in just after the season had ended in India, I decided to take it as I felt that it was a big step up for me. Mohun had just won the I League, and their manager was sacked and I took the job. I have no idea why he was sacked it does slightly concern me as to what the chairman will want from me, but I do think it is a really good chance for me to pick up another League title and maybe a cup. I am excited

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Copa America 2027

150px-Flag_of_Uruguay.svg.png

I've been without an international jobs for two years. After the World Cup 2026 Argentina, England, France, Spain and some other teams sacked their managers, and I applies for some of these jobs, but nobody wanted to give me a chance to get back into international football. Spain even decided to get a totally unknown 58 year old Regen manager with obscure reputation instead of me. What?

After I resigned from Boca Juniors I hoped to find a job in the MLS but I didn't. But in the Job Security window I saw that the Uruguay manager's job was very insecure, so I declared interest in the job. He was sacked two days later and I took over six months before the Copa America 2027 in our own country. I only played two friendlies before. A 2-1 win against Ivory Coast in March and a 3-1 win against River Plate (URU) in june.

Group Stage

We went into the tournament with our star striker, 40 year old Luis Suarez, injured. Still, a win in this easy group with Paraguay, Venezuela and Bolivia was compulsory, and Suarez would hopefully return for the quarter finals. We started with a 5-0 win against Bolivia. Franco Acosta, our second veteran striker, scored four goals.

Next we played Venezuela and again we won 3-0. In the other game, Bolivia surprisingly beat Paraguay and so we already had the 1st place in the group booked. A little setback was that two more of my better players were out with long term injuries.

In the third game against Paraguay I rested some players and we lost 2-1, still finished 1st though. But with two more injuries, one for 4 weeks and one for 11 days, my squad was now down to 17 players.

Quarter Final (Uruguay - Chile)

Another man down just before the game. But with Luis Suarez and another player with a light injury back in the team I'm still able to field 11 players on the pitch and 7 on the bench. In other news, Argentina lost 1-2 against Venezuela (haha!) which at least doubles our chances of success in this tournament.

In minute 12, a Raymundo free kick from around 30 meters hits the cross bar and Dos Santos isn't able to score from the rebound. But after 38 minutes, Raymundo profits from a mistake of a Chile defender and scores with hard shot from short distance. Just 5 minutes later we block a corner and start a wonderful counter attack that is finished by Raymundo again. 2-0 for half time.

Towards the end of an uneventful second half, Chile comes back one goal after a corner. But we are able to defend our 2-1 lead until the final whistle.

Uruguay - Chile 2-1

Semi Final (Venezuela - Uruguay)

Venezuela again. We should be able to beat them even though my team is on their last leg. Suarez is back in the starting eleven for the first time in this tournament.

The first big chance belongs to us. It's Raymundo who turns up before the goalkeeper again, but his shot is blocked. 6th minute. After 20 minutes, a Suarez shot is blocked by a defender, but the ball lands in front of Raymundo and this time he scores. 1-0.

Venezuela have their first big chance after 26 minutes. A cross comes in from the right and Ponce hits it volley from five meters, but Correa manages to keep it out of his goal. Martinez tries to score from the rebound, but Correa wins again. Big save. Then Correa saves our ass two more times before Dos Santos scores the 2-0 after a nice pass by Luis Suarez in minute 42. And to makes things clear we score a third time from a penalty right before half time. 3-0 Gallo.

In the second half not so much happens until minute 70, when Pérez scores after another nice assist by Suarez. 4-0. But this is not the final score, because Suarez steps up to become the oldest player to ever score in a Copa Libertadores game (40 years, 5 months and 5 days) when he bangs in a short pass by De Los Santos from 11 meters. 5-0 final score. We're in the final against Brazil.

Venezuela - Uruguay 0-5

Final (Uruguay - Brazil)

On a normal day they should be able to beat us. Let's see what we can do. Brazil had some trouble starting into the tournament. They drew their first two games against Colombia and Chile. But after that they got really strong and reached the final with a 5-1 against Peru, a 5-1 against Paraguay (who beat us) and a 4-1 against Mexico U23.

Brazil playes with a dangerous 4-3-3 (not a 4-3-2-1 or something. 3. central. strikers.) But we have the better start. Suarez scores with a volley after a De Los Santos cross in minute 10. 1-0. But Brazil hits back immediately. 1-1 after 15 minutes. And only 2 minutes later we let them score agaian. My defenders decide not to run after a long ball, my goalkeeper somehow runs past the ball and Badé says Thank you. 1-2. But after 30 minutes we are able to equalise. This time it's a header by De Los Santos. 2-2 for half time.

After the break, Brazil are better than we are, and it's my former Dortmund player Gabriel Barbosa who scores the 2-3 after 48 minutes. And only 3 minutes later it's 2-4. Jeferson. And we can never come back from that. Tite even scores the 2-5 after 90 minutes. Brazil wins.

Uruguay - Brazil 2-5

Reaching the final with Uruguay is a respectable achievement but nothing that helps me with my poor international record. I resign from the Uruguay job, Luis Suarez retires from Football.

[b]INTERNATIONAL CAREER

Year   Nation        NL     WC     Cont.  Conf.  Notes & Achievements[/b]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014   -
2015   -
2016   -
2017   - 
2018   South Korea                               Joined 22.7.18
2019   South Korea                 QF            Sacked 6.2.19
2019   Cameroon                                  Joined 17.2.19 World Ranking 29th
2020   Cameroon      
2021   Cameroon                    Won           Won African Cup of Nations
2022   Cameroon             3rd                  Resigned 10.7.22 World Ranking 4th
2023   France        SF                          Joined 17.7.22 World Ranking 7th
2024   France                      QF            Sacked 14.7.24 World Ranking 4th
2025   -
2026   -
2027   Uruguay                     Final         Joined 10.1.17 World Ranking 39th

Challenge Progress

Club
7/10 top domestic leagues (China, South Korea, South Africa, Germany, Spain, Holland, Argentina)
6/10 domestic cups (China, South Korea, South Africa, Spain, Holland, Argentina)
3/5  club continental championships (Asia, Africa, South America)
1/1  club world championship (Boca Juniors)

International
1/5  continental tournaments (African Cup of Nations with Cameroon)
0/2  world tournaments

pug and ashton good to see you back here and winning leagues/promotions already. ashton winning in Wales was something I never did (remembering Carmarthen).

cookie too bad you couldn't beat Brazil, almost an international title there.

MIHC - So near to a historic victory. I don't know how you can call yours a poor international record. Holy crap. I've just realised you're not that far behind me, and my save is sometime in the 23rd century now. I think its my 200-year anniversary at newcastle soon.

Ashton - Congrats on your success in Wales. I'm sure that you'll settle down nicely in India. usually when people try to do a Welsh accent they sound Indian, so it should be a home away from home.

Pug - Congrats on your deja vu promotion. Groundpug Day?

I think I heard unlockables haven't changed since FMC15. The way the International Management one worked there, is that the unlockable allows you to start as an international team. It shouldn't affect whether you can get a job in your existing save with an international side, I don't think...

I just don't think that's true. If international sides were managable they would appear in the job centre or job security pages, wouldn't they?

Incidentally, I don't think that we've ever discussed unlockables before. I hope I haven't upset anybody by just dictating that they are unacceptable (apart from the 2 mentioned above). If anyone has used any others already, just let us know, and then at least we'll know that you're doing the challenge without being able to be sacked or whatever. My bad for not covering it before, but i don't play Classic / Touch, (apart from when I'm checking out this kind of sissue for the challenge) so I'm sort of oblivious to this kind of thing.

But I don't think that they could ever be acceptable in this kind of challenge. There needs to be some kind of level playing field, and unlockables undermine that. This wouldn't be something that my mind could ever be changed about.

Incidentally, I don't think that we've ever discussed unlockables before. I hope I haven't upset anybody by just dictating that they are unacceptable (apart from the 2 mentioned above). If anyone has used any others already, just let us know, and then at least we'll know that you're doing the challenge without being able to be sacked or whatever. My bad for not covering it before, but i don't play Classic / Touch, (apart from when I'm checking out this kind of sissue for the challenge) so I'm sort of oblivious to this kind of thing.

I always assumed this was the case, so haven't used any in my save: including International Management which in FM15 I did not unlock until I won a Manager of the Year award during my current challenge attempt. The wording in FM15 for International Management is: "National teams will be available to manage from the start of a new game". Checking my Steam achievements I unlocked this unlockable on 1st May, after my 2nd Ultimate Challenge attempt began. I've not used it and I was already able to become an international manager within a game, consistent with the wording.

This of course doesn't mean that it hasn't been changed in FM16...

Vikeologist's 2047/48 Newcastle End of Season Report

th?id=OIP.M2a29c24c9186d66d6eace673f49735b5H0&pid=15.1

th?&id=OIP.M73981c13081136ac395c68ca378e2adco0&w=300&h=199&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0

Once again, we started off the season terribly with just 18 points from our first 11 games. That might not sound terrible, but I think we were already about 8 points behind the leaders.

So I tweeked the tactics. Not much, and indeed I don't think the team actually integreted the new shorter passing and closing down style of play for months, but results changed instantly.

We picked up 76 points from our remaining 27 games (that's just 5 dropped points) and became the team I always thought we could be. Worryingly for most of the season, Arsenal were also winning every match, and were a couple of points ahead of us still.

Then Arsenal collapsed. They lost the League Cup Final, narrowly exited the Champions League at the hands of Barcelona, and then they lost 5-0 to Man Utd and lost a lot more games the rest of the way, including the match against us that I'd been dreading.

However, by the time of that match we were already champions. We sewed it up mathematically with 3 games to go, but it had been very clear for a while before that Newcastle were going to secure their first leaue title for 121 years, and my first for 9 seasons (although a lot more if you count the seasons I lost due to my hard drive). In the end, we won the league by 12 points.

I didn't put a lot of effort into the FA Cup or Champions League, at least until i secured the title, playing my subs much of the time, but still won both of them. We played Barcelona in the final. Up to this point Barcelona have been clearly the best team I've managed in the challenge, so it was gratifying to repeat the league, cup and Chamions league trebele that I had achieved with them, and also play them off the pitch.

So what next? It's going to hurt leaving newcastle. i wanted to stay with a club for a few seasons, and take a 'smaller' team to the title as i've really only done that in this save with big clubs. By a few seasosns though i meant 4, rather than my customary 2. I never imagained that it would take 7 seasons (and 1 match).

Craig Rayner has been with me all the way. When I arrievd at Newcastle he was in his mid-twenties with a disappointing career as a striker. 25 goals in the top flight before in his first season at Newcastle he scored 12 goals in a relegatiopn battle season. In his first match under me he scored 4 goals, and over the next 7 seasons netted a further 247 in all competitions. (Admittedly, a lot of those were penalties).

He's 32 now, and in decline, but he can still score, especially when he's playing alongside Wellington Guillherme, the Brazilian i signed as a 19-year old for 12.75 million, and who's now one of the top players in the world. (Finished 3rd in Golden boot etc).

The 2 of them scored 76 goals between them this season, which is pretty good when you think that I did a lot of squad rotation.

I have the Brazilian, Argentinian and French league loaded, and I'm adding Chile, Uruguay and Mexico.

Much as its been fun staying at one club for 7 seasons, I want to get this challenge finished as soon as possible now, and there's probably only about 10 teams in those 6 leagues I'm interested in. (Corinthians, Flamego, sao Paulo, River, boca, UdeChile, Peñarol and America). I suppose if the colo colo job became available I might swallow my bile for the sake of achieving the challenge.

The team I really want however is PSG in France. I'm just not sure their manager is ever going to leave, or be sacked. I'm going to have to go back there eventually, so I may have to slum it at Monaco.

I'm still at Mexico, in the process of qualifying extremely easily for the World Cup. Jamaica were in our qualifying group, and we've thrashed them twice which was nice revenge.

Season	Team			Position	Notes										Challenge Landmarks
14/15	Swallows(South Africa)	14th		Took over after 14 (of 30)games in 16th bottom position. Dodged relegation.
15/16	Swallows		12th		South African FA Cup winner. Continental qualification.				1 domestic cup
16/17	Swallows		3rd		Champions League qualification
17/18	Swallows		3rd	
18/19 	Swallows & Kaizer Chiefs2nd		Quit Swallows mid-season. Took over Kaiser Chiefs with 9 games of the season left
19/20	Kaizer Chiefs/ChU23	2nd		Won 2 domestic cups.
20/21	Kaizer Chiefs / China	2nd		Lost in Champions League Final on away goals
21/22	Kaizer Chiefs/China	1st		Lost in Champions league semi-final. Won 36 straight matches and East Asia Cup	1 domestic league
22/23	Kaizer Chiefs/ China	n/a		Won African Champions League. Humiliated nation of China.			African Champions League
2023	Seoul			1st		Won South Korean League								2nd domestic league
2024	Seoul / Brazil U23	3rd		Won FA Cup									2nd domestic cup
2025	Cruz Azul		9th		Won FA Cup (Opening Stage). Then I was sacked.					3rd domestic cup
2026	Chivas			2nd		Manager for one match. Lost title in extra time of 2nd leg of league final.
26/27	Chivas /Ivory Coast	6th/1st		Won NACL. Lost Closing stage final of Mexican 1st Div (again)			NACL
27	Chivas / Ivory Coast	5th		Lost in Opening Stage semi-final and resigned after CWC Q/F
28	Dalian / Ivory Coast	11th		Lost in FA Cup Final / Lost in 2029 ACON Q/F
29	Guangzhou / Egypt	1st		League / Cup double. Qualified for World Cup					4th cup, 3rd league
30	Guangzhou/Egypt/USA	1st		League / Champions League double						Asian Champions League
31/2	Hertha Berlin		6th		German Cup losing finalists. Qualified for UEFA Cup
32/33	Hertha Berlin/S Korea	6th		UEFA Cup losing finalists. 
33/34	HB/ SK/ Dortmund	6th		Moved team after 12 games. Won East Asia Cup again, this time with Korea.
34/35	Dortmund / SK / Egypt	1st		League and cup double. Quit South Korea after AC Q/F ignomy			5th cup, Bundesliga
35/36	Dortmund / Colombia	2nd		German cup winners.
36/37	Barcelona / Colombia	2nd		CL Q/F. 	Confederations Cup Finalists 					CWC
37/38	Barcelona / Holland	1st		League, Cup, Champions league treble. World Cup with Holland.			Euro Champions League, 6th cup, Spanish league. World Cup.
38/39	AC Milan / Holland	1st		League and Italian Cup winners. 						7th cup, Serie A
39/40	Holland			n/a		Won European Championship							European Championship
40/41	Sochaux	/ South Africa	7th		Took over Newcastle at end of season.
41/42	Newcastle/South Africa	5th		FA Cup Semi-Finals. World Cup disaster.
42/43	Newcastle / Brazil	6th		CO Cup Q/F, Euro Cup 2nd K/O Round
43/44	Newcastle / Brazil	7th		FA Cup Finalists
44/45	Newcastle / Brazil	4th		Euro Cup winners
45/46	Newcastle / Brazil	2nd		League runners-up. FA Cup winners.						8th cup
46/47	Newcastle / Mexico	4th												Gold Cup
47/48	Newcastle / Mexico	1st		League, Cup and Champions League treble						English league

Challenge Progress

Club
7/10 top domestic leagues (South Africa, S Korea, China, Germany, Spain, Italy, England)
8/10 domestic cups (South Africa, S Korea, Mexico, China, Germany, Spain, Italy, England)
4/5 club continental championships (Africa, North America, Asia, Europe)
1/1 club world championship

International
2/5 continental tournaments (European Championship, Gold Cup)
1/2 world tournaments (World Cup)

MIHC - So near to a historic victory. I don't know how you can call yours a poor international record. Holy crap. I've just realised you're not that far behind me, and my save is sometime in the 23rd century now. I think its my 200-year anniversary at newcastle soon.

Thanks for the kind words and congratulations to your league title for the 200 year anniversary! I'm trying to follow in your footsteps, I just joined the Premier League too. But with Arsenal I hope it's possible to get that title a bit sooner. Also I took over Brazil after their manager resigned after the Superclasico or whatever its called. So next time I'm gonna get that title.

Vikeologist's 2048 Monterray End of Apertura Report

th?&id=OIP.Mb2c5938d24234e3bb8f2d95452f6a1d1o0&w=300&h=225&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0

It took me 7 seasons to get my 7th league championship with Newcastle. It took me 7 matches to get my 8th with Monterray.

This was unfinished business. I has previously been sacked by two clubs in Mexico. Admittedly with the second club I jumped before i was pushed.

Cruz Azul sacked me despite my winning the FA Cup. Chivas sacked me despite losing in the league final twice and winning the NA Champions league.

This was more than 20 seasons ago, so of course its all in the past and I have moved on.

Have I hell! My career since has been built on a foundation of seething bitterness. I'm back for revenge, bitches.

I took over with just one match of the regular season of the Opening Stage. Monterray were top of the table and we thrashed whichever team was next to bottom to ensure we stayed there. Finishing on top of the table doesn't mean anything. I did that with Chivas all those years ago.

In Mexico the top 8 teams go into a playoff. For some reason monterray weren't all that great away, but we smashed everybody at the Estadio de Futbol Monterrey.

I bought in a couple of new players, and my new striker bagged a brace in his first match; the second leg of the final.

You may think its a bit cheeky to take over a club so late in the season. Don't forget i took over Chivas on 4pm of the day of the second leg of the final.

I actually applied to Monterray near the start of the season, and they made it clear that they weren't interested. It took them about 3 months to realise that Jesus Christ, the Easter Bunny and The Earl weren't going to apply for the job, and decide to slum it with me and my mere 46 trophies. That's ok. The feeling was mutual.

It's a pity that I didn't actually get to play against either Cruz Azul or Chivas.

Anyway, I am going to stay for the moment, and see how Monterray get on in the Copa Libertadores, as the jobs i want in other countries aren't coming vacant. If I could win the Libertadores with them it would allow me to choose my 10th country. France is of course locked in. I expressed interest in marseille, but didn't actually apply. as this took place during the playoffs, I might not have been able to take the job anyway.

14/15	Swallows(South Africa)	14th		Took over after 14 (of 30)games in 16th bottom position. Dodged relegation.
15/16	Swallows		12th		South African FA Cup winner. Continental qualification.				1 domestic cup
17/18	Swallows		3rd	
18/19 	Swallows & Kaizer Chiefs2nd		Quit Swallows mid-season. Took over Kaiser Chiefs with 9 games of the season left
21/22	Kaizer Chiefs/China	1st		Lost in Champions league semi-final. Won 36 straight matches and East Asia Cup	1 domestic league
22/23	Kaizer Chiefs/ China	n/a		Won African Champions League. Humiliated nation of China.			African Champions League
2025	Cruz Azul		9th		Won FA Cup (Opening Stage). Then I was sacked.					3rd domestic cup
2026	Chivas			2nd		Manager for one match. Lost title in extra time of 2nd leg of league final.
26/27	Chivas /Ivory Coast	6th/1st		Won NACL. Lost Closing stage final of Mexican 1st Div (again)			NACL
27	Chivas / Ivory Coast	5th		Lost in Opening Stage semi-final and resigned after CWC Q/F
29	Guangzhou / Egypt	1st		League / Cup double. Qualified for World Cup					4th cup, 3rd league
30	Guangzhou/Egypt/USA	1st		League / Champions League double						Asian Champions League
33/34	HB/ SK/ Dortmund	6th		Moved team after 12 games. Won East Asia Cup again, this time with Korea.
34/35	Dortmund / SK / Egypt	1st		League and cup double. Quit South Korea after AC Q/F ignomy			5th cup, Bundesliga
37/38	Barcelona / Holland	1st		League, Cup, Champions league treble. World Cup with Holland.			Euro Champions League, 6th cup, Spanish league. World Cup.
38/39	AC Milan / Holland	1st		League and Italian Cup winners. 						7th cup, Serie A
47/48	Newcastle / Mexico	1st		League, Cup and Champions League treble						English league
2048	Monterray		1st		Won the league, and about flaming time.						8th domestic league

Challenge Progress

Club
8/10 top domestic leagues (South Africa, S Korea, China, Germany, Spain, Italy, England, Mexico)
8/10 domestic cups (South Africa, S Korea, Mexico, China, Germany, Spain, Italy, England)

International

Haven't had much of a chance to play FM of late but I am now more than half way through my second season with Berwick Rangers. So here's a quick update:

League: The board set the minimum expectations to a Mid-Table Finish which I was a bit concerned about as we were struggling to sign players that would improve the team. Fortunately I was able to bring in a Keeper, a CB, a CM, an AMR and a Striker just before the league kicked off. These players have really brought me side up to League 1 standard and with 12 games left we are in second, 9 points clear of 3rd but 11 points behind 1st. Second, 3rd and 4th go in to the promotion playoffs and seeing as we are 17 points clear of 5th it's looking like we'll make these playoffs.

Cups: We entered 3 Cups but have been eliminated from all 3, although we did get to the quarter finals in one, but we were able to exceed the board's expectations in all 3.

It's been a good season overall as I am also now about to complete the National A Licence. Although I would love to try and take Berwick to the Premiership I have to start thinking about my next move in terms of progress with the challenge so once this season is over, regardless of promotion or not, I will be applying for other jobs. Will probably try and focus my search in either South Africa or Asia.

2017/18 Season Review

LUTON TOWN

luton-town-header175-9870.png

Leagues running: England (2 Tiers), France, Germany, Italy, Portugal, Holland, Spain (1 Tier)

After the transfer embargo, I was hard pressed to find any improvements to attempt to stay up. It forced me to rush and there were some decisions I wish I hadn’t made.

That, along with an attacking formation that wasn’t exactly successful against the top teams in England had me re-considering the optimism of a mid-table finish.

I never actually dropped in the relegation zone, hovering around 17th. I tried to go to a defending formation which helped me get points off of top teams and win some games I otherwise may have not.

I also re-built the back line in the January window to try and help concede less.

In the end, I avoided relegation with about three games to go and finished ahead of Everton with a draw in the season’s last game.

I also took an international job at the head of Ghana in February, 2019. They were ranked 18th in the world and was looking for someone to lead them. At the very least, this will be a nice boost to the reputation but I am hoping to tick off some challenge goals as well.

I took over after every major competition but got a couple of friendlies in ahead of the qualifiers for the Cup of Nations which is a nice way to ease into the role.

As for my domestic career, the team made tons of money in Year One of the Premier League and is among the richest teams in Europe. They are building a new ground and I’ve upgraded some facilities but I’m pretty sure I will have to move elsewhere to win the league. My reputation has increased and I am now working on my Continental B license which should help me not be laughed off certain jobs.

Onward!

Season   Team         League         Position  Notes and Achievements
—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
2015/16  Luton  ENG   League 2       1st       Took over 8th place on Dec 16/15
                                              Promoted to League One
2016/17  Luton  ENG   League 1       1st       Promoted to Championship
2017/18  Luton  ENG   Championship   6th       Won Playoff
                                              Promoted to Premier League
2018/19  Luton  ENG   Premier League 15th      

INTERNATIONAL CAREER

Year   Nation                     NL    WC     Cont.   Conf.   Notes & Achievements
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
2019   Ghana                      N/A   N/A    N/A     N/A     Took over February, Friendlies only

Challenge Progress

Club
 0/10 top domestic leagues ()
 0/10 domestic cups ()
 0/5 club continental championships ()
 0/1 club world championship

International
 0/5 continental tournaments ()
 0/2 world tournaments ()

Hello everyone. Just like to say that in real life I am now on a 3,5 weeks long holiday in Asia with limited wifi-access so updates and comments might be few and far between from my side until beginning of 2016. Good luck to everyones progress and really happy to see vike finally getting that english trophy.

Sadly I didn't have time to write updates before I left so I will try to make some everytime I have decent connection. I am currently a bit further in my savegame than my updates would suggest. So first up is a "mini-update" of my third season.

The Earls Ultimate Football Manager Challenge

2017/18 - Den Bosch - Eresdivisie (Dutch Tier 1)

So the first season in a top flight for The Manager was the 2017/18 season of Eresdivisie. The 2 first seasons had seen Den Bosch make a profit between 1-2 million Euros per season. The wage budget was upset to 78.000 Euros per week, but still miles behind Ajax, PSV, Feyenoord and Twente.

I did buy a few players, but still relied mostly on loans and free transfers. Most important was to keep the loans of Wessel Dammers (Feyenoord), Ben Sheaf and Kaylen Hinds (both Arsenal).

We started the season a great by getting 8 points in 4 games, after winning 2 games at home and playing a draw in 2 games away. Then we started a string of games playing decent/good teams away and all the best teams at home. This lead to an unfortunate run and a slip in form. We also managed to loose against an amateur team in the 2nd round of the dutch cup after a penalty shoot-out.

We continued to struggle in the league, especially after new year break, as we only got 3 points from 8 games. In the end we had to struggle to keep my board promise, which was to not get into the relegation battle. Looking at the final league table we ended in 14th spot out of 18 teams. (1 automatic relegation and 2 relegation play-off spots). We scored 50 goals (actually 6th highest scoring team) but conceded 65 goals (2nd highest) it was easy to define our trouble in defense.

Top goalscorer was Kaylen Hinds (on loan) with 12 goals. (In just 17 games as he was injured half the season)

Top performer was Wessel Dammers (on loan) with 7,14 Av.rat. (K.Hinds achieved 7,29 but didn't play half the matches of the season).

The next step in my career was taken after considering the clubs economy. After making a solid profit in Jupiler League, the club now lost more than 2 million Euro in their first season in Eresdivisie. The stadium of 8.500 capacity was filled virtually every match, but we would never get a new stadium/capacity extension due to financial restraints. So regrettably I resigned as manager of Den Bosch to see where the world would bring me. My manager reputation was stuck at 25%.

Season        Club            League             Pos.   Cup               Info.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16  HOL  Den Bosch     Jupiler League       11th   2nd round     Joined 19th, already out of Cup
2016/17  HOL  Den Bosch     Jupiler League        1st   4th round      Won the league and promoted!
2017/18  HOL  Den Bosch     Eresdivisie           14th   2nd round     Survived in a bad season.

Pug's Update Season 2016/17

[center05TjYUj.png][/center]

Another Successful Season With Cambridge. Won The League On The Last Day Of The Season. Won The Capital Cup And JPT.

MUtDhEi.png

Took Over France U21's

HmvNRat.png?1

Got A Surprise Of The Chairman

BhHw6jd.png

CLUB CAREER                      
                                                                      -----------
Season     Club                Leagues        Cups                                     Other & Notes
                              1st  2nd       1st  2nd    Cont   CWC ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16    Cambridge Utd                                                               Promoted To Div 1.Won JPT                     
2016/17    Cambridge Utd                           Won                                 Promoted To Championship.
2017/18    Cambridge Utd

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                                  INTERNATIONAL CAREER
                                                                  --------------------

Season    Nation         Cups                                                                         Other & Notes
                        World Cup    Confed Cup    Euro's    AFC    ACON    Gold Cup   Copa America
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16   Iran U23                                                                                    Won AFC U23 Championship
2016/17   France U21

Pug and Earl - Congratulations on your success.

Pug - I hope your surprise was a pleasant one. As I'm not playing FM16 I've no idea what may have been added and your images are steadfastly refusing to reveal themselves on all devices. Did he tell you that he was your father? (I do love me a happy ending). Had he found a portal to the alternate universe and brought back that FA Cup that is rightfully yours? Has he sold the club to Donald Trump and you're now the manager of Trump United, and you have to sell all your black players in case they're Muslim Mexicans? Honestly, at this point I think the trith can only disappoint.

Earl - Hopefully you can get a good next job.

Talking of jobs I've had to make some tough decisions.

It turns out that Monterray, despite all their success in recent seasons, are not in the 2049 Copa Libertadores. I guess its a bug caused by my having only recently added the Mexican league. I'm gutted because we were dominating the league (albeit only fopr the first 5 games) and I thought we had a really good shot at the Libertadores. I can't wait a year to enter the competition though. Relauctantly I resigned.

The second hard choice was that the Egypt job became available after the ACON. Egypt are the hosts of the Confederations cup in a few months, and even if they don't win (and they're not going to win) I'd be in a good position for the next ACON in 2 years time. The trouible is that I think mexico might win the CC. We're in a really tough group. I mean the 2 groups are realli imbalanced. We're with Brazil, Italy and Ivory Coast. Egypt (who are only there because they're hosts) are with Germany, Saudi Arabia and New Caledonia. However, my only reason for staying with meexico is to win the thing, so it's a really good opportunity to eliminate 2 big threats, have an easy semi-final (Germany aren't very good) and reach my third CC final. I've just got to qualify from the group, which is going to be very tough.

The confederations Cup is the trphy I think will be hardest to win. I mean I've had some good chances. I should have won with Holland (freak result) and should have been able to achieve more success with Brazil who are probably the clear favourites this time.

So I turned down the Egypt job (which would have been my third time with them).

My third tough decision was whether to take the Olympique Lyonnaise job in France, or wait to see what happens with my application to Nacional in Uruguay (who are in the Libertadores and top of the league). OL have been in a decline in recent seasons, and it might take a season or two to get them to the top, but hopefully not 7, and I do want to get the French league out of the way. However if the PSG job comes up, i will apply for it. They're going to be tough to dethrone, especially since OL have been out of the Champions League for a while. Actually they haven't even qualified for europe for 5 years. they really are in a bit of a mess. I suuppose I need to continue with the game and see just how much.

OMLG, it's not good.

Haven't had much of a chance to play FM of late but I am now more than half way through my second season with Berwick Rangers. So here's a quick update:

League: The board set the minimum expectations to a Mid-Table Finish which I was a bit concerned about as we were struggling to sign players that would improve the team. Fortunately I was able to bring in a Keeper, a CB, a CM, an AMR and a Striker just before the league kicked off. These players have really brought me side up to League 1 standard and with 12 games left we are in second, 9 points clear of 3rd but 11 points behind 1st. Second, 3rd and 4th go in to the promotion playoffs and seeing as we are 17 points clear of 5th it's looking like we'll make these playoffs.

Cups: We entered 3 Cups but have been eliminated from all 3, although we did get to the quarter finals in one, but we were able to exceed the board's expectations in all 3.

It's been a good season overall as I am also now about to complete the National A Licence. Although I would love to try and take Berwick to the Premiership I have to start thinking about my next move in terms of progress with the challenge so once this season is over, regardless of promotion or not, I will be applying for other jobs. Will probably try and focus my search in either South Africa or Asia.

Would you happen to be the Joe Lapira? Or a Joe Lapira fan?

Mohun-Bagan-logo.png

Mohun Bagan - 2017/18

League - To be honest I got exactly what I expected here which was the league title. I already the best team by miles in this league so to bring the title was very much what was expected. If I had not brought the title I think I may have been sacked so its nice to have at least met the expectations of the board. If I am honest the league was a little bit boring as we were pretty much dominant from the outset.

Competitions - Durand Cup was a bit of a let down for me as I would have love to have won that. In the Asian Champions League we were pretty decent and held our own against some much better teams. In the Federation Cup which all Premier Indian Teams enter we won at a canter really, another trophy to add to my growing CV.

Transfers - I brought in the quality of the Indian Premier League and a couple of lads who would really help the squad, it meant the already top squad got even better.

Finance - Not bad but we did loose so money over the season, I can only imagine due to the transfers.

Katsumi Yusa - Superb player, he is the best player in this league and was fantastic and took all the individual awards from the league this year

Judelin Aveska - Quality player and one that I expect to be taken to a much bigger and better team than this one. I would not be surprised to see him go off to elsewhere.

Sony Norde -Came in at the start the season after being one of the stars of last year for a rival. He continued his fantastic form and was excellent for us.

Next Year

That's me done in India. I am not off to either a lower European Team such as Belarus, Hungary or a Scandinavian Team maybe. I would like to remain in the top league but I am unsure if I will be able to so time will tell.

Season       Nation         Team          Position            Notes and Achievements

2015/16     Wales         Airbus UK            7th                  FA Cup Runners Up
2016/17     Wales         Airbus UK            1st                  Champions
2017/18     India         Mohun Bagan          1st                  Champions/ Cup Winners

Challenge Progress

Club

2/10 top domestic leagues (WAL, IND)

1/10 domestic cups (IND)

International

0/2 world tournaments ()

FF-Jaro.png

FF Jaro - 2018

League

Offer

So my globe hopping journey continues and this time its off to Finland to play with FF Jaro. They are a decent team who have hit a bit of bad form, I suppose the first job will be to ensure that we don't get relegated in the remaining games we have of this year.

Last year the team finished 3rd in the league so I cant see any reason for them being this low down in the league. They look like they have a decent enough team so I think get through this year with keeping them up and next year with a few additions I would imagine I could push them into the upper echelons of the League.

Would you happen to be the Joe Lapira? Or a Joe Lapira fan?

Just a fan, Joe Lapira is a bit of a cult hero among us Irish football fans.

An update on my own save; got promoted with Berwick to the Scottish Championship so that's back to back promotions. Tempted to stay with Berwick and see how we'd get on in the Scottish Championship but I need to start making progress towards the challenge so i think its time to move on.

2n9l2qu.jpg

FF-Jaro.png

FF Jaro - 2018

League - A good if not remarkable run. We did not have the greatest of endings to our league season which was a real shame. When I first came here we looked like we may be in some real trouble so the first issue was to move up the league which we did as soon as I came in. At one stage we looked like we may even push for the European places. We suffered some really bad injuries and this fell apart and our season just petered out.

Competitions - Nothing out before I came in

Transfers - None of these were mine

Finance - Not great really just makes things here even harder for me to push on.

Paulhino - A really good player and one that I was hoping would stay. He has decided not to sign a new deal and will be out at the end of the year.

Jose Manuel Rivera - Another cracker. Everything good that we seem to do goes through him, without him we would struggle. I expect him to take even more of lead role next year with the departures.

Simon Skrabb -A decent player, another one that I would hope would take more on next year knowing that some really good players are leaving.

Next Year

Well that season was tough for me. I have no reason to leave I have not yet been a success in this job and I fully intend to be one before I leave for pastures new. I am having another year here possibly two at the very least.

Season       Nation         Team          Position            Notes and Achievements

2015/16     Wales         Airbus UK            7th                  FA Cup Runners Up
2016/17     Wales         Airbus UK            1st                  Champions
2017/18     India         Mohun Bagan          1st                  Champions/ Cup Winners
2018        Finland         Jaro               8th                      
2019        Finland         Jaro               6th                   Left in September

Challenge Progress

Club

2/10 top domestic leagues (WAL, IND)

1/10 domestic cups (IND)

International

0/2 world tournaments ()

Note - Part way through the following season the board accepted three offers from clubs for star players without my input. I decided to leave

Of course I couldn't keep away any longer.

Reading the updates of all you guys revived my addiction to this challenge and so.......

Profile 1

Profile 2

Loaded leagues from England, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Belgium & Holland.

My last attempt never saw me get out of South Africa, so thought I'd attempt Europe first and see where it leads me.

Anyway, unsuccessful in 2 interviews for Belgian 3rd tier teams - not that I wanted to manage those teams, just wanted to get playing.

Then this came along and I got the gig

So far I've played three games, won two and drawn one.......hopefully the start of something good, rather than a honeymoon period!!

More to follow.....................

Jeonbuk-Hyundai-M.png

Jeonbuk/Iran

Offer

Offer

My first job offer was for the Iranian National Team, not much had happened with Iran in the past couple of years and my job was to ensure that I led them to World Cup Qualification. We looked in a decent enough position to challenge Iraq for the spot in the next round.

My second offer was a huge club and one that I think I may be able to use to get into much bigger and better things. Jeonbuk are a huge club in Korea they won the National title in 2016 and 2017 and even the Asian Champions League in 2015. I would imagine I would be able to record at least one title here and possibly even the Asian Champions League. This is exciting big times for me.

2023/24 Season Update

701%20copy_zpszwhwl8fv.png

[ League Table | Results #1 #2 #3 ]

We started the season really poorly, and following an opening day victory we went 9 games without a win. Our new look, cut price side hadn't gelled and it was showing. Perhaps more concerning was how little I was enjoying the save - I was stuck managing a club that I don't like at all, and they weren't playing well either. Things did begin to click however, and we dug ourselves out of trouble. I had rejected all offers of a new contract, however when we only lost once in our final 15 games I decided to accept for one more year, to see if we could carry this form into the new season and get promoted. The finances are looking in great shape, so there's budget for me to play with.

Season        Club                  League                Pos.   Info.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16  ENG  Oxford United         Sky Bet League 2       8th   
2016/17  ENG  Oxford United         Sky Bet League 2       n/a   Sacked
2016/17  ENG  Crawley Town          Sky Bet League 2      16th
2017/18  ENG  Crawley Town          Sky Bet League 2      11th
2018/19  ENG  Crawley Town          Sky Bet League 2       3rd   Promoted
2019/20  ENG  Crawley Town          Sky Bet League 1       4th   Lost in play-off semi
2020/21  ENG  Crawley Town          Sky Bet League 1      11th
2021/22  ENG  Crawley Town    	    Sky Bet League 1       5th   Lost in play-off semi
2022/23  ENG  Queens Park Rangers   Sky Bet Championship  12th
2023/24  ENG  Queens Park Rangers   Sky Bet Championship  10th

Offen - I hope next season is more enjoyable, for whatever reason.

Ashton - With Jeonbuk, you have indeed arrived. I had to double-check whether I'd managed them. (I hadn't). They sacked their manager for only finishing 3rd and offered me the job (which i should have taken) so expect high expectations if they're anything like the Jeonbuk in my save. (With FM16 of course they may be entirely different).

3L1g- Good luck in Ireland. Interesting to see new leagues being managed in.

JoeL - Hope you find a job in line with your obvious managerial ability.

[/quote]

Vikeologist's 2048/49 Olympique Lyonnais End of Season Report

150px-Olympique_Lyonnais.svg.png

I took over OL with 9 games of theseason left, and 6 points behind 6th place and the Europeanqualification slot that the board craved. As it turns out, we only picked up 4 points from those 9 games, and finished just 2 points above the relegationzone, though that was never a serious danger.

I think the team is essentiallysolid, though there’s not enough money to improve matters much. I have somegood players, but they want to leave, which if I get enough money for them mayallow me to bargain hunt.

I was quite happy to just write offthis season, and hopefully get off to a good start next season when my playersare more familiar with the tactics. I’ll be even happier if I can get a job atPSG or new league champions Monaco.

However my short tenure atMonterray may well count against me should I try to make a quick exit from OL.Not that I have any intention of staying here without success for long. I’mkeen to finish this challenge asap now.

17/18	Swallows		3rd	
48	Monterray / Mexico	1st		Won the league, and about flaming time.						8th domestic league
48/49	OL / Mexico		14th		1 win in the the last 9 games of the season after taking over

Challenge Progress

Club
8/10 top domestic leagues (South Africa, S Korea, China, Germany, Spain, Italy, England, Mexico)

International

Did i say something? Where's everybody gone?

Vikeologist's 2049 Mexico Confederations Cup Report

th?id=OIP.M9244fa1a38de52f923b3511fe4a9d126o0&pid=15.1

Reader, the Chihuahua won it.

This was a big moment in thechallenge, because I thought the Confederations Cup would be a stumbling block.When you think about it, you’re only likely to get a job with a nation when they’ve screwed up at a major tournament. You then have to wait at least 2 years for the next major tournament, win that to qualify for the Confederations Cup, and then win that to get the challenge milestone.

I had been to 2 previous Confed Cups. The first time with Colombia we unexpectedly reached the final where we were spanked by England.

4 years later I went with Holland,World Cup and European Championship holders and undisputedly the best team inthe world, where I again lost in the final, to a team that I’d beaten comfortably in the group stage.

In 2045 I was manager of Brazil who weren’t at the cup.

I knew Mexico stood an outside chance. At the beginning of the cup my record with Mexico in competitive matches was played 18, won 18, (although 1 of those was the win on penalties with Jamaica in the last Gold Cup that nearly caused me to rage-quit FM15 and this challenge). We had lost 3 friendlies, but we’d won some against the top sides in the world as well.

Indeed, so dominant are we in North America, my B side is currently attempting to retain the Gold Cup (as it conflicts with the Confed Cup). I am controlling the B team and expect to win it, though I suppose not having my best 23 or so players at least gives the other nations a sporting chance.

I was tempted to quit Mexico for Egypt earlier in the season because as hosts they were also going to be there,but Mexico stood a better (if still small) chance of winning. I couldn’t help wondering how good my Mexico side really was. I am obviously very pleased I stayed.

The initial challenge was that the best 4 team were all in the same group. We defeated Italy and Ivory Coast (both epic achievements). Brazil then creamed us, but they’d lost their first 2 games and were already out, while we had already qualified for the next round.

The semi-final was against Egypt.Obviously a bit nerve-wracking in the circumstances, and it took a few late goals to sew up our final appearance.

The final was against Germany. A few years ago they were probably the best side in the world. They’ve won the last 2 World Cups and were reigning Confed Cup champions. Their last trophy though was 3 years ago, and their golden generation has mostly retired.

Still, a Germany in decline is still a formidable challenge, and I was obviously somewhat worried. They’re ranked 8th in the world while our victories over the likes of Haiti and Panama had only seen us rise to 15th.

We scored a goal in the 2nd minute which settled my nerves. The nin the 8th minute my left back was sent off for GBH, and we were faced with playing almost the entire match with only 10 men. Then my 2nd best remaining central defender went off injured. (I was already without my best right winger, goalkeeper and central defender).

We scored a second goal, but Germany pulled one back. For the last minutes I was in a 5-4-0-0 formation, but we held on, and the CC is mine.

For the first time, I really think I might achieve this challenge. Just 3 more international trophies to win, and given time, that shouldn’t be too big a problem.

Next (after the Gold Cup which I don’t really care too much about) is the new domestic French season. I’ve sold some of my best players who wanted to leave and brought in some old faces; a right winger from my time at Sochaux (who actually I don’t remember) and a couple of old faces from Newcastle. One is a youth product goalie who never managed to break into the first team (and will start off as the back up here) but the other is Craig Rayner; he of 247 goals for me. He’s 33 now, and doubtless not what he was, but he won’t need to be.

I’m cautiously optimistic about the new season, by which I mean optimistic that we can qualify for Europe, and maybe the Champions league. I’d be very surprised if we could win the league in my first full season.

Season Team   Position Notes          Challenge Landmarks
14/15 Swallows(South Africa) 14th  Took over after 14 (of 30)games in 16th bottom position. Dodged relegation.
15/16 Swallows  12th  South African FA Cup winner. Continental qualification.    1 domestic cup
16/17 Swallows  3rd  Champions League qualification
17/18 Swallows  3rd 
18/19  Swallows & Kaizer Chiefs2nd  Quit Swallows mid-season. Took over Kaiser Chiefs with 9 games of the season left
19/20 Kaizer Chiefs/ChU23 2nd  Won 2 domestic cups.
20/21 Kaizer Chiefs / China 2nd  Lost in Champions League Final on away goals
21/22 Kaizer Chiefs/China 1st  Lost in Champions league semi-final. Won 36 straight matches and East Asia Cup 1 domestic league
22/23 Kaizer Chiefs/ China n/a  Won African Champions League. Humiliated nation of China.   African Champions League
2023 Seoul   1st  Won South Korean League        2nd domestic league
2024 Seoul / Brazil U23 3rd  Won FA Cup         2nd domestic cup
2025 Cruz Azul  9th  Won FA Cup (Opening Stage). Then I was sacked.     3rd domestic cup
2026 Chivas   2nd  Manager for one match. Lost title in extra time of 2nd leg of league final.
26/27 Chivas /Ivory Coast 6th/1st  Won NACL. Lost Closing stage final of Mexican 1st Div (again)   NACL
27 Chivas / Ivory Coast 5th  Lost in Opening Stage semi-final and resigned after CWC Q/F
28 Dalian / Ivory Coast 11th  Lost in FA Cup Final / Lost in 2029 ACON Q/F
29 Guangzhou / Egypt 1st  League / Cup double. Qualified for World Cup     4th cup, 3rd league
30 Guangzhou/Egypt/USA 1st  League / Champions League double      Asian Champions League
31/2 Hertha Berlin  6th  German Cup losing finalists. Qualified for UEFA Cup
32/33 Hertha Berlin/S Korea 6th  UEFA Cup losing finalists. 
33/34 HB/ SK/ Dortmund 6th  Moved team after 12 games. Won East Asia Cup again, this time with Korea.
34/35 Dortmund / SK / Egypt 1st  League and cup double. Quit South Korea after AC Q/F ignomy   5th cup, Bundesliga
35/36 Dortmund / Colombia 2nd  German cup winners.
36/37 Barcelona / Colombia 2nd  CL Q/F.  Confederations Cup Finalists      CWC
37/38 Barcelona / Holland 1st  League, Cup, Champions league treble. World Cup with Holland.   Euro Champions League, 6th cup, Spanish league. World Cup.
38/39 AC Milan / Holland 1st  League and Italian Cup winners.       7th cup, Serie A
39/40 Holland   n/a  Won European Championship       European Championship
40/41 Sochaux / South Africa 7th  Took over Newcastle at end of season.
41/42 Newcastle/South Africa 5th  FA Cup Semi-Finals. World Cup disaster.
42/43 Newcastle / Brazil 6th  CO Cup Q/F, Euro Cup 2nd K/O Round
43/44 Newcastle / Brazil 7th  FA Cup Finalists
44/45 Newcastle / Brazil 4th  Euro Cup winners
45/46 Newcastle / Brazil 2nd  League runners-up. FA Cup winners.      8th cup
46/47 Newcastle / Mexico 4th            Gold Cup
47/48 Newcastle / Mexico 1st  League, Cup and Champions League treble      English league
2048 Monterray / Mexico 1st  Won the league, and about flaming time.      8th domestic league
48/49 OL / Mexico  14th  Took over OL for last 9 games.Third Confederations Cup Final.Third time lucky. Confederations Cup

Challenge Progress

Club

International
 2/2 world tournaments (World Cup, Conferations Cup)

Did i say something? Where's everybody gone?

No, we're still here mate!!

Cliftonville End of Season Report 1916/17

Competitions

So, just a brief update for my first season.

Took over after they had played a few games, the season expectation was European qualification which I managed to achieve.

I've never managed in Northern Ireland before and wasn't aware (in the game) how small the nation actually is.

The main problem for me is my chairman won't agree to anything - even when he does

Within an instant......... he takes it away within 24 hours!!

He won't allow me to start a coaching course, he won't allow me extra coaches and as stated, he won't allow me to scout outside of Northern Ireland.

I can't be doing too bad though as they offered me a new contract which I've signed.

The new season is approaching and again I've been set a target of European qualification which I think I'll be able to achieve - with any luck, I may bag the title if I can overturn Linfield who are the dominant force in this country

*Can somebody please remind me how to use the "code" thing to chart my progress, please

To do these tables you need to 'go advanced'. You click on the code button (#) and then paste in your text. I would suggest preparing your text in the program (probably) on your computer called Notepad.

Sometimes you need to switch the editor to source mose to make everything line up nicely, though that usually makes lots of words in my text join together likethis.

Some example tables are in post number 3 on this thread.

Pug's Update 2017/18

gaLDQOI.png

It's Another Successful Season With My 3rd Promotion. We Top The Table From Start To Finish.

Won The Fa Cup Also Reached The Final Of The Europa League Final

ykAh2PV.png

YZCChO0.png?1

Got Offered The Manager's Job At Newcastle.

Fz7OqKi.png

Had To Take It As I Support Them.

Also Won The U21 Championship With France

c03D9pR.png?1

CLUB CAREER                      
                                                                      -----------
Season     Club                Leagues        Cups                                     Other & Notes
                              1st  2nd       1st  2nd    Cont   CWC ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16    Cambridge Utd                                                               Promoted To Div 1.Won JPT                     
2016/17    Cambridge Utd                           Won                                 Promoted To Championship.
2017/18    Cambridge Utd                      Won                                      Promoted To Premier League,Won FA Cup
2018/19    Newcastle Utd

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                                  INTERNATIONAL CAREER
                                                                  --------------------

Season    Nation         Cups                                                                         Other & Notes
                        World Cup    Confed Cup    Euro's    AFC    ACON    Gold Cup   Copa America
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16   Iran U23                                                                                    Won AFC U23 Championship
2016/17   France U21                                                                                  Won U21 Championship
2018/19   England U21

Challenge Progress

Club

0/10 Top Domestic Leagues 
1/10 Domestic Cup (England)
0/5  Continentals Cups 
0/1  Club World Cup

International

0/5 Continental Tournaments
0/2 World Tournaments

Hey guys, hope everyone is doing well!

I've been dealing with some health issues and hadn't touched my save in probably close to a month... just didn't have the energy to get on the CPU and even post. :(

I'm running my same save still, and will be posting a new update at the close of my season. Just wanted people to know I'm still hanging around, and sorry I fell behind with your updates! I'll get up to date soon and see how everyone's clubs are doing!

mayihavecookie's Challenge, Season 14

Season 2027/28

150px-FC_Arsenal_%28seit_2002%29.svg.png

Arsenal - Premier League

League Table | Schedule 1 | Schedule 2 | Schedule 3 | Schedule 4 | Manager Profile | Treble

I joined Arsenal when they sacked Josep Guardiola after a disappointing season with their first finish outside of the top 2 in the Premier League since 2015.

Their 5th place meant I wouldn't play in the Champions League, but it gave me the chance to take over a very strong team with the potential to win the league comfortably. And that's what we did. I won my 6th consecutive league title, 15 points ahead of 2nd placed Machester United.

We also won the FA Cup as well as the Capital One Cup. After the season I was offered the Juventus job but declined. I will stay here for another year and try to win the Champions League. To make that possible we need to do a lot better than we did this year in the Europa League where we were knocked out in the Second Knockout Round against Leverkusen.

I left Uruguay after our defeat against Brazil in the final of the Copa America and had the chance to join said team just two months later.

Brazil is 1st in the World Ranking and has some very strong players. However, most of them are starting to get old and I don't yet see a new generation of big players stepping up. At the moment we are the strongest team in South America without doubt, but we will see if we can keep that up until the next World Cup in 2030 or the Copa America in 2031.

First I will take the U23 to my first Olympic Games. I'm looking forward to that opportunity.

[b]CLUB CAREER

Season     Club             Pos   DC1   DC2    Cont    Notes & Achievements[/b]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014  CHN Renhe             11th  QF    n/a    n/a     Took over after 13 games in 16th 
2015  CHN Renhe             2nd   QF    n/a    n/a     Chinese Manager of the Year
2016  CHN Renhe             1st   Won   n/a    R2      Won Chinese Super League & FA Cup
2017  KOR Chunnam           2nd   R4    n/a    Won     Won Asian Champions League
2018  KOR Jeonbuk           1st   Won   n/a    Won     Won Asian Champions League, K-League Classic & FA Cup
19/20 RSA Kaizer Chiefs     2nd   Won   QF     n/a     Won SA Cup
20/21 RSA Kaizer Chiefs     1st   Won   R1     open    Won SA Cup, Be The Coach and Premier Soccer League
21/22 RSA Kaizer Chiefs     1st   R1    QF     won     Won African Champions League, left after 13 games in 1st
21/22 GER Borussia Dortmund 3rd   F     n/a    n/a     Took over after 26 games in 9th
22/23 GER Borussia Dortmund 1st   F     n/a    EL won  Won Bundesliga and Europa League
23/24 ESP Real Madrid       1st   Won   n/a    R2      Won La Liga and Spanish Cup
24/25 HOL Ajax              1st   Won   n/a    R2      Won Eredivisie and Dutch Cup
2025  ARG Boca Juniors      1st   n/a   n/a    Won     Took over after 15 games in 2nd. Won League & Copa Libertadores
2026  ARG Boca Juniors      1st   Won   n/a    Won     Won Copa Argentina, Club World Cup and everything else
27/28 ENG Arsenal           1st   Won   Won    EL R2   Won Premier League, FA Cup and Capital One Cup

[b]INTERNATIONAL CAREER

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014   -
2015   -
2016   -
2017   - 
2019   Cameroon                                  Joined 17.2.19 World Ranking 29th
2020   Cameroon      
2022   Cameroon             3rd                  Resigned 10.7.22 World Ranking 4th
2023   France        SF                          Joined 17.7.22 World Ranking 7th
2024   France                      QF            Sacked 14.7.24 World Ranking 4th
2025   -
2026   -
2027   Uruguay                     Final         Joined 10.1.17, Resigned 3.7.17
2028   Brazil                                    Joined 12.9.17 World Ranking 1st

Challenge Progress

Club
8/10 top domestic leagues (China, South Korea, South Africa, Germany, Spain, Holland, Argentina, England)
8/10 domestic cups (China, South Korea, South Africa, Spain, Holland, Argentina, England (FAC), England (COC))

International
0/2  world tournaments

2024/25 Season Update

701%20copy_zpszwhwl8fv.png

[ League Table | Results #1 #2 #3 ]

Top Scorer: Andreas Emmanouil (25)

Most Assists: Ellis Price (24)

Highest Rated: Andreas Emmanouil (7.47)

Although we struggled to string together wins in the first couple of months, our team was playing more like one than last season, and we deservedly finished in 2nd place and gained promotion. Andreas Emmanouil was yet another signing from our parent club Aston Villa, and although more suited to a wing-back role he thrived as a left winger. Together with two Villa loanees, Gavin Moth and Ellis Price, they formed a highly effective attacking trident. As soon as promotion was sealed, I secured permanent moves for Moth and Price for £7m and £5.5m respectively, however I'm not sure how long I can hold onto Emmanouil as the Cypriot winger has an £8m release clause which I think will be triggered soon.

Season        Club                  League                Pos.   Info.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16  ENG  Oxford United         Sky Bet League 2       8th   
2016/17  ENG  Oxford United         Sky Bet League 2       n/a   Sacked
2016/17  ENG  Crawley Town          Sky Bet League 2      16th
2017/18  ENG  Crawley Town          Sky Bet League 2      11th
2018/19  ENG  Crawley Town          Sky Bet League 2       3rd   Promoted
2019/20  ENG  Crawley Town          Sky Bet League 1       4th   Lost in play-off semi
2020/21  ENG  Crawley Town          Sky Bet League 1      11th
2021/22  ENG  Crawley Town    	    Sky Bet League 1       5th   Lost in play-off semi
2022/23  ENG  Queens Park Rangers   Sky Bet Championship  12th
2023/24  ENG  Queens Park Rangers   Sky Bet Championship  10th
2024/25  ENG  Queens Park Rangers   Sky Bet Championship   2nd   Promoted

jay sorry to hear that, hope you get better soon. Looking forward to hear about your progress.

Thanks, buddy. It is just unfortunately part of getting older. :(

I think I have six fixtures remaining in my 2022 season, but we won't be making achievement progress for the challenge. Jose Mourinho's Manchester City dealt with our Stevenage boys 2-0 in the Capital One Cup Final, and we were bounced in the quarters of the FA Cup to Liverpool this morning as well... along with getting bounced from the Europa League at the Second Knockout Round to frickin Dnipro from the Ukraine as well.

It hasn't been a good morning. I've got quite a few games in hand on the league to where Champions League qualification is still a possibility, but it is looking more and more like I'm going to be playing the Europa League for at least one more season, in my opinion.

JDD - Hope your health is better now. Good to have you back. So, have you applied to any other jobs? World class rep yet?

Offen - Welcome to the top flight. As always, jealous of anyone getting promoted. Trading up for a bigger club?

MIHC? - Yeah, Arsenal and Brazil. That's more like it. All these others are harshening the buzz of my heroic loyalty to and success with (small club) Newcastle. Congrats on the title. I wonder which of us will finish the club onjectives first. Hope you can pick up the Champions league soon. I've been sort of lucky in winning the CL (the first time) fairly early in Europe meaning that I wasn't faced with the prospect of being in charge for an entire season where the CL is the only thing that matters. Still, if you feel confident in your Arsenal squad, you've made the right decision to stay. Do you plan to go for the NACL in USA or Mexico? Hope the Olympics helps you identify a new golden generation of brazilians.

Pug -Good luck with Newcastle. Win the title with them in less than 7 seasons to take the challenge record. Congrats on your first challenge achievement.

3L1G - Hope your northern irish quest for continental football is going well, and that you're making a play for the title.

Work has been crazy lately, so getting little time to play my save. In terms of the game it appears that the football manager gods are forcing me to stay with Berwick. We came into the season as outright favourites to be relegated from the Scottish Championship but after 18 games we find ourselves in 3rd spot. There is only 10 teams in the division though and although we are in 3rd we are only 7 points clear of bottom, it is a really close league. We also managed to reach the Scottish Challenge Cup final which is only around the corner. Even though this cup doesnt meet the Challenge's criteria it would be great to add it to the trophy cabinet. I have applied for jobs but have been unsuccessful in my attempts but the way this season is going its proving very difficult to leave Berwick. If we can maintain our form we could possibly achieve 3 promotions in a row and reach the Scottish Premiership.

JDD - Hope your health is better now. Good to have you back. So, have you applied to any other jobs? World class rep yet?

Well, I applied last off-season at City, but they gave the job to Jose Mourinho, which obviously I cannot complain about, especially as he's added a World Cup, the 2016 Premier League and Champions League, and another Portuguese Cup (he went back to Porto for a season while waiting for a good English club to open it appeared.) Can't really argue either, as he's gone strength to strength, already beating me in the Capital One Cup Final and it looks like City will also win the Prem as well as they have a four point lead with two games in hand over Jurgen Klopp's Chelsea.

Klopp has been an absolute revelation at Chelsea. He took over from Mourinho in July of 2016 and has since delivered 15 trophies to the Blues in that time. They've won a Champions League (2021) and they won FOUR straight Premier League titles (2018-2021) to go with two UEFA Super Cup's, the FA Cup, and two Capital One Cups. They also won the Club World Cup in 2016 and four Community Shield's in that time span.

Arsenal may be my best bet to move clubs after this season as it will be yet another disappointing season at the Emirates. Stan Kroenke left in 2018 and was replaced by another tycoon in Finn Olsen. For all his tycooniness (yes, I created a word. :D) Arsenal has only delivered two English domestic honors in the entire save, a FA Cup and Community Shield in 2021. They also won the Europa League in 2018, but for what is now the third most valuable club in the world, its not good enough. Unai Emery may be given the sack as while Arsenal will most likely qualify for the Champions League, they have even allowed Tottenham to pass them in the current league table and sit fourth in England.

I've gotten into a few tiffs with my board as they've stopped allowing me to add scouts (I have 20) and are hesitant to allow me to extend our payroll or give me more transfer funds to really start competing for silverware. For the second consecutive season, it appears I will qualify for the Europa League with the lowest payroll for playing staff in the Prem, and will most likely JUST miss the Top 4, if I don't pull it off. For taking a club that was worth £650K when I took over and is now worth £355M, I am more than a little disappointed that I haven't been given carte blanche to make whatever changes I see fit. I've made our owners very rich people.

I am still on a Continental reputation, but I don't think World Class can be far off. I'm only 27, though, so much to come.

Thanks for following, and its good to be back! :D

MIHC? - Yeah, Arsenal and Brazil. That's more like it. All these others are harshening the buzz of my heroic loyalty to and success with (small club) Newcastle. Congrats on the title. I wonder which of us will finish the club onjectives first. Hope you can pick up the Champions league soon. I've been sort of lucky in winning the CL (the first time) fairly early in Europe meaning that I wasn't faced with the prospect of being in charge for an entire season where the CL is the only thing that matters. Still, if you feel confident in your Arsenal squad, you've made the right decision to stay. Do you plan to go for the NACL in USA or Mexico? Hope the Olympics helps you identify a new golden generation of brazilians.

I think we can win it with some luck but we really need to become more consistent. We still have too many of those odd away defeats against weaker teams and we just can't afford that in the CL. After a 2-5 defeat in the derby against Tottenham I decided to change to a more defensive counter tactic in away games, It worked pretty good for a while and I really thought I was onto something. But now we're in some kind of a mini crisis with two defeats in a row against Chelsea and Hull...

Olympics was no success. There's only one or two U23 players I can see becoming first team starters in the future. We were out in the quarter final against France who have some big talents coming up again. Still sad they sacked me back in 2024. At least I can carry on Arsenal's tradition of signing a lot of French players. I'll probably go for the NACL in the USA, but that can wait. I will probably do this when I have finished everything else.

I wonder if it's harder to get a top job early in the game becauuse of managers like mourinho. In my save (in 2050) there's just 10 world class managers, (1 of which is me of course), and none of us are managing in the Italian, Spanish, English or German leagues.

I hope I didn't offend anyone by describing newcastle as a small club. I thought they were a sleeping giant, but up to that point I'd won leagues with clubs that were unquestionably one of the top 2 or 3 domestic sides.

My season at Ol is going pretty well, but the manager before me keeps piping up in the media saying that I'm just reaping the rewards of his work. In his time at OL he bought 14 players, just one of whom, is in my first eleven. Everyone else was either here before him, or I brought in. He almost destroyed the club.

Secondly, the Monaco manager is retiring at the end of the season, and so i have to decide whether to apply for the job or stay where I am. So i got a team report, and the Monaco side is far better than OL. I can't understand how near the end of the season we're just 3 points behind them and challenging for 2nd and a spot in the Cl group stage. I wouldn't even need to sign anyone. Just plug and play.

Me want job.

A short message here as I have really poor internet display during my holiday. Not going to be able to post a lot in the coming days, so even if its a bit early:

Merry Christmas! :thup:

Good luck with progress to everyone

Vikeologist's 2049/50 Olympique Lyonnais End of Season Report

150px-Olympique_Lyonnais.svg.png

The club’s objectives were to qualify for Europe. My objectives were either to do that or get a better job. I ended up doing both.

We finished third, which gets OL into the Champions league playoff, where due to their minimal coefficient from not having been in Europe for about 7 seasons, means they will probably have to make do with the Europa League.

We got to the final of the Coupe de la Ligue where we had a goal (wrongly) ruled out for an offside. Our opponents Bastia then went ultra-defensive for the rest of the match, which given that we were in the midst of a lengthy run of winning every game was probably a good idea. We just weren’t able to break them down and lost on penalties. Slightly disappointing, but I stand a good chance of grabbing my 9th cup next season.

Despite not winning anything, it was a good season. I improved the squad a lot and repaired a lot of the damage inflicted by their previous managers. We won 10 in a row near the end of the season and along with champions PSG and Monaco finished well clear of everyone else.

However once I realized late in the season that the Monaco manager was going to retire, I had my heart set on that job. There is no comparison in the quality of the squads despite the fact that we finished just 3 points behind them. I didn’t even bother trying to sign anyone new for OL post-season. My heart was already on the Riviera.

I got the job. Monaco will involve some challenges. Their wage bill is sky high for a start (about 5 times that of OL), but I won’t need to bring in any new first team footballers so I can just concentrate on getting rid of any dead wood I can and let my first eleven do their thang. Obviously PSG will still be a threat as always, but I expect it to be a 2 horse race, at most.

I quit Mexico shortly after the Confed Cup triumph, and the new manager has taken them severely downhill finishing bottom of their World Cup group of death.

I wouldn’t say I’m looking forward to getting back into international management, but it’s a necessary evil for this challenge and hopefully a suitable position will become available at the end of the still in-progress World Cup.

17/18	Swallows		3rd	
2048	Monterray / Mexico	1st		Won the league, and about flaming time.						8th domestic league
48/49	OL / Mexico		14th		Took over OL for last 9 games.Third Confederations Cup Final.Third time lucky.	Confederations Cup
49/50	OL			3rd		Lost Coupe de la Ligue final on penalties

Challenge Progress

Club

International
2/2 world tournaments (World Cup, Conferations Cup)

mayihavecookie's Challenge, Season 15

Season 2028/29

150px-FC_Arsenal_%28seit_2002%29.svg.png

Arsenal - Premier League

It didn't work out. We went out in the Quarter Final against PSG. We surprisingly beat them 2-1 in the away game but then lost 0-3 at home. I resigned after that game.

It has been a disappointing season all in all. After last years convincing title I thought with some reinforcements we should be able to dominate the league and Europe. I got a really strong German goalkeeper from Stuttgart, the best English centre back from Newcastle and a very very talented French forward from RC Lens. But we never really got going. We had some big problems in away games again (I'll never forget Ajax) and were battling for the title with Manchester City and Everton who both didn't play very well either.

In the FA Cup we went out in Round 4 against Tottenham, but we won the Capital One Cup again. We actually played pretty well in the CL for a while and I was hoping that we could somehow keep our form in Europe even though we were struggling in the league. We dominated our group with Barcelona, Sporting and Dinamo and won it with 5 wins and 1 draw. In the Second Round we beat Celtic 2-1 away and 7-1 at home. But in the Quarter Final, PSG proved to be too strong. When I resigned after the CL out, we were 2nd in the league after 33 games. The team went on to win the title after I left.

Juventus wanted me last year but I declined and so they went for Laurent Blanc. This year they disappointed again and only finished 4th, so I declared interest. They sacked Blanc and offered me the job again.

They will play in the CL next year and they still are one of the best teams in Italy, hopefully this will be more fun. I really didn't enjoy managing in Europe so far in this challenge. Real Madrid was cool, but everything else (Dortmund, Ajax and Arsenal) has been a real pain in the ass to be honest. I had much more fun in Asia and Africa. But now I'm kind of excited and really hope I can turn it around with Juventus. I'm already thinking about three at the back tactics and counter attacking football. Looking forward to try something new.

2028 has not been a good year for Brazil, thanks to my old Boca striker Gonzalo Acosta who scored 8 goals for Argentina in the two games against us. Leading them to a 4-4 in the World Cup Quals and an embarassing 5-1 in the Superclasico. My job has been safer before, but I hope I can turn it around.

We also played at the Olympics, were my more or less talent free U23 went out in the Quarter Final against France. I hope to stay with Brazil until the next Copa America in 2031 (that's going to be tough with a Confederations Cup and a World Cup in the next two years) but when I look at the lack of young talents in Brazil I really have to hope my oldies will make it two more years without falling apart.

In 2029 we have been playing OK so far. We're 2nd behind Argentina on goal difference in the WC South American Qualifying Section.

Next is the Confederations Cup 2029. We're in a group with New Zealand, Oman and Germany. Should be doable. The other group is a bit tougher. France, Mexiko, Spain and South Africa. Let's see what we can do. I'm just happy our most feared opponent Argentina isn't here.

[b]CLUB CAREER

Season     Club             Pos   DC1   DC2    Cont    Notes & Achievements[/b]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014  CHN Renhe             11th  QF    n/a    n/a     Took over after 13 games in 16th 
2015  CHN Renhe             2nd   QF    n/a    n/a     Chinese Manager of the Year
2016  CHN Renhe             1st   Won   n/a    R2      Won Chinese Super League & FA Cup
2017  KOR Chunnam           2nd   R4    n/a    Won     Won Asian Champions League
2018  KOR Jeonbuk           1st   Won   n/a    Won     Won Asian Champions League, K-League Classic & FA Cup
19/20 RSA Kaizer Chiefs     2nd   Won   QF     n/a     Won SA Cup
20/21 RSA Kaizer Chiefs     1st   Won   R1     open    Won SA Cup, Be The Coach and Premier Soccer League
21/22 RSA Kaizer Chiefs     1st   R1    QF     won     Won African Champions League, left after 13 games in 1st
21/22 GER Borussia Dortmund 3rd   F     n/a    n/a     Took over after 26 games in 9th
22/23 GER Borussia Dortmund 1st   F     n/a    EL won  Won Bundesliga and Europa League
23/24 ESP Real Madrid       1st   Won   n/a    R2      Won La Liga and Spanish Cup
24/25 HOL Ajax              1st   Won   n/a    R2      Won Eredivisie and Dutch Cup
2025  ARG Boca Juniors      1st   n/a   n/a    Won     Took over after 15 games in 2nd. Won League & Copa Libertadores
2026  ARG Boca Juniors      1st   Won   n/a    Won     Won Copa Argentina, Club World Cup and everything else
27/28 ENG Arsenal           1st   Won   Won    EL R2   Won Premier League, FA Cup and Capital One Cup
28/29 ENG Arsenal           2nd   R4    Won    QF      Left 2nd after 33 games, they went on the win League, won C.O.C.

[b]INTERNATIONAL CAREER

2014   -
2015   -
2016   -
2017   - 
2020   Cameroon      
2025   -
2026   -
2027   Uruguay                     Final         Joined 10.1.17, Resigned 3.7.17
2028   Brazil                                    Joined 12.9.17 World Ranking 1st
2029   Brazil

Challenge Progress

Club
8/10 top domestic leagues (China, South Korea, South Africa, Germany, Spain, Holland, Argentina, England)
8/10 domestic cups (China, South Korea, South Africa, Spain, Holland, Argentina, England (FAC), England (COC))

International
0/2  world tournaments