The Ultimate Football Manager Challenge - Silver Age Archive

21st Season

22nd Season

23rd Season

Side-note - Removed c1c from my domestic cups due to 1 per country.

I moved into Mexico aiming to take the NACL in a short swing by visit since the team had qualified through the group and finished 6th in the First Stage of the season. We had a solid season coming 1st in the Second Stage but I don't count it as a league win since overall we finished x. We did however make through to the NACL final on away goals which we then scrapped through. Despite finishing the closing stage in 1st we failed to win the semi's but im ok with that as its not a particular league I want to add to the list. I decided to keep pushing forward so will be leaving Mexico behind in search of a bigger club!

I decided to take a job in South Korea, Jeonbuk were up for grabs and accepted my offer. The previous manager was sacked for under performing in the league (sat 6th), I took control with the team still in the Asian Champions League & FA Cup, it was too late to salvage the season for the title but I did manage to secure second place quite safely. We also took both the domestic cup and champions league so that's two more on the tally. I plan to stick around another year though I want an asian title on my league list. I purchased a number of replacements when I first got the job so looking forward to their arrival in January, might need another Striker though as I only have 1 solid option up front.

After getting both the cups I wanted with Jeonbuk the main goal was the league which we got with ease with about 8games to spare. We retained the Champions Cup but I've decided to resign before the CWC QF and look in Africa for the final champions league I need (ACL). I don't have much to write about this season but Italy are doing well, Qualified for Europe with ease and won the International League which was a nice boost. I am hopeful we could win the Euro. I figure Italy are a feasable World Cup winner too but I dont want to push my luck because Argentina & Brazil have been holding the top spots for a while now.

Looking at the to-do list (again), I need... France, Germany, Spain, South Africa & Columbia (as promised) and if I get all of those I'll still be a domestic cup short so maybe somewhere exotic. I aim to do South Africa next but if the opportunities at some easy clubs arise I might take a pop to continue the progress. Although I do fear stepping into France & Spain because I think their top teams are quite tough.

Season	Team 	 	Country	    League           Position	Notes          
16/17	Tolima Real	Columbia    Second Division  16th	Sacked with 1 game left to play.
2019    KL Spa          Malaysia    Premier League   6th        FA Cup Finalists, Avoided relegation
2020    KL Spa          Malaysia    Premier League   1st        Champions, QF of Malaysia Cup
2022/3  Cobreloa        Chile       First Division B 11th       11th when I joined (16th closing stages - finished 13th).
2023/4  Cobreloa        Chile       First Division B 4th        1st in opening stages, promoted via playoffs. MOTY
2024/5  Cobreloa        Chile       First Division   14th       Avoided relegation
2025/6  Cobreloa        Chile       First Division   8th        Avoided relegation, Play-offs second stage. MOTY
2026/7  Cobreloa        Chile       First Division   3rd        Chile Cup Winner! MOTY
2027/8  Cobreloa        Chile       First Division   5th        Super Cup Winner! Resigned.
2030/31 VIT             Brazil      First Division   14th       18th when I joined 12games in.
2031/32 VIT             Brazil      First Division   4th        Copa Qualification, Brazilian Cup SF
2032/33 VIT             Brazil      First Division   2nd        Copa Winner! CwC Finalist - MOTY
2033    Montreal        Canada      MLS              1st        Finalist - No Win
2034/35 AS Roma         Italy       Serie A          2nd        Euro Cup Winner, Italian Cup Winner - MOTY
2035/36 AS Roma         Italy       Serie A          1st        Champions, Super Cup Winner, Italian Cup Winner - MOTY
2036/37 Man U           England     Premiership      1st        Champions, C1C Winner, FA Cup Winner - MOTY
2037/38 Man U           England     Premiership      1st        Champions, C1C Winner, FA Cup Winner, Champions Cup Winner - MOTY
2038/39 Man U           England     Premiership      1st        Club World Championship Winners - Resigned
2039/40 Estudiantes     Argentina   Premiership      1st        14th in league when i got the job - Resigned
2041    Rosenborg       Norwegian   Premiership      1st        Champions, Norwegian Cup Winner - MOTY - Resigned
2042    Chivas          Mexico      First Division   2nd        6th in First Stage - Won 2nd Stage, NACL Winner - Resigned
2042    Jeonbuk         S.Korea     KL Classic       2nd        Asian Champions League, Korean FA Cup
2043    Jeonbuk         S.Korea     KL Classic       1st        Champions, Champions Cup Retained

Year	Team 	 	Country	    Tournament            Finished	Notes          
2017	U20's    	Columbia    Under 20's World Cup  QF	        Went out in QF on penalties.
2019	U20's    	Columbia    SA Championship       2nd	        Runner's up (WC Round 2)
2025	Senior    	Paraquay    n/a                   n/a	        World Rank #57 on hiring, 48th at end of Year
2026    Senior          Paraquay    n/a                   n/a           World Rank #54
2030    Senior          Paraquay    World Cup             2nd Round     World Rank #14 - Resigned after worldcup
2036    Senior          Mexico      Gold Cup              Win           World Rank #8  - Resigned after gold cup
2040    Senior          Wales       n/a                   n/a           World Rank #47th when taking job
2041    Senior          Wales       Euro Qualifiers       n/a           World Rank #33rd 
2042    Senior          Wales       WC Qualifiers         3rd           World Rank #37th - Resigned 
2042    Senior          Italy       n/a                   n/a           World Rank #12th when taking job
2043    Senior          Italy       EIL, Euro Qualifiers  n/a           WR #10 European International League Winner, Qualified for EU

Challenge
Top Division Leagues 5/10 - Italy, England, Argentina, Norway, S.Korea
Domestic Cup 5/10 - Chile Cup, Italian Cup, FA Cup (England), Norwegian Cup, Korean FA Cup 
Champions Leagues 4/5 - Copa Libertadores (VIT), Champions Cup (Europe - Man U), NACL (Chivas), Asian Champions League (Jeonbuk)
Club World Championship - Man United 38/39

International
1/5 continental tournaments (Gold Cup w/Mexico)
0/2 world tournaments ()

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Loughgall F.C. - Season Review - 2016/2017

NIFL Premiership

Media Prediction: 12th

Board Expectation: Fight bravely against relegation

Final Position: 3rd

Winners: Linfield

A remarkable season culminated in a three way goal difference separated tie at the top of the Premiership between Linfield, Cliftonville and Loughgall. With odds of 300-1 to win, this season outdid all of my expectations and had we not spurned easy points against lesser sides we could well have gone the whole way. I was also named Manager of the Year.

We secured a Europa League place by virtue of Linfield's Cup victory and league positioning, despite a European Place Playoff Semi Final defeat to Portadown.

Irish League Cup

3rd round loss to Cliftonville

Winners: Crusaders

A scrappy win to the Police took us through to the 3rd round but we capitulated to our league rivals 3-1.

Irish Cup

6th round loss to Linfield

Winners: Linfield

Linfield required a replay to narrowly scrape a 1-0 victory away from home before going on to win the competition against Portadown.

Mid-Ulster Cup

Semi-Final loss to Portadown

Winners: Portadown

We narrowly missed out on a second straight victory in this competition, as Portadown beat us 1-0 before securing a narrow penalty victory against Glenavon in the final.

-

Other events

Denmark shock Europe just as they did 24 years ago by beating hosts France on penalties in the final of the 2016 European Championship.

Arsene Wenger retires at the top, having achieved his dream of bringing Arsenal to the pinnacle of European football. His replacement in 2016/17 is Rafa Benitez, who confounds critics by helping The Gunners storm to another league title in record time, securing the title in early April with nearly a dozen games left to play. A fourth straight FA Cup proves elusive however, Arsenal are beaten in extra time by North London rivals Tottenham in the semi final at Wembley.

Louis Van Gaal also chooses to retire at the end of 2015/16. He came close to claiming Man United's first league title since 2013, missing out after finishing just a point behind Arsenal with superior goal difference. Jose Mourinho replaces him, but with the club stuck in 13th he's sacked just before Christmas. They finish 8th behind Leicester and Southampton, failing to even reach a Europa League place under Roberto Donadoni.

Juventus secured a European double after winning Serie A by beating Man City in the Champions League final.

-

Challenge Progress

Club

0/10 top domestic leagues ()

0/10 domestic cups ()

0/5 club continental championships ()

0/1 club world championship

International

0/5 continental tournaments ()

0/2 world tournaments ()

Non Challenge Trophies

NIFL Championship 1 (Loughgall 15-16)

Mid-Ulster Cup (Loughgall 15-16)

Awards

NIFL Premiership Manager of the Year (Loughgall 16-17)

Gyeongnam%20Emblem_zpsyxyknlui.jpg

Gyeongnam F.C / Start of the Challenge

After starting up this save and Holidaying a month at a time with a few leagues around Asia / South America, I noticed that a lot of the South Korean managers were getting sacked. Some of them quite oddly losing their jobs (One was brutally sacked when they were top of the league!). The season has just ended in South Korea so all of the relegations & promotions are locked in but the reset hasn't taken place yet.

So Here I am , finding myself at Gyeongnam F.C. We did pretty well in the league last year, Finishing 5th. Some way off the top but at least I've got something to build on. Financially my predecessor seemed to overspend his means a little , so I will need to sort that out.

Got a decent size stadium but we never fill it. Even the real life pictures show how little support the team has!.

Gyeongnam_zpsg2ssu0hy.jpg

Looking forward to my first season in the challenge.

Also : As you can probably tell from my Forum Status i'm quite new to posting, so any tips / feedback for my posts will always be welcomed! :thup:

I had put it on originally but took it off, didn't feel value coming in 2nd overall and not playing out the full season.

Side note - Jobs are Real Madrid & Barcelona both opened up after they finished 2nd/3rd so Spain may be next up for a quick swing by.

-Thanks for spotting that i hadn't updated the cups lol this tracker is driving me crazy i keep losing track of what i change when I add stuff

150px-Lille_OSC_logo_zpsgq4lszxk.png

LILLE 2042

The Headlines on the back of L'Equipe reads " PSG le double " following a penalty shootout Coup de France victory over Lille . It was pretty close all through the campaign but the Champions always kept 3-4 points ahead of me throughout the season. Lille and Lyon battled for the coveted next best prize quite a few points ahead of the rest of the pack . There was to be cup glory however even if it was in the Cup no one cares about , still counts , following PSGs defeat early on , a victory over a weakened Lyon side left an open run to the final where OM were defeated 2-1. The Europa League was completely ignored a competition and was used to blood youngsters , something i wont be able do next season as the CL is still on my list of cups to win at some point .

England packed their bags for Portugal for the 2042 World Cup full of high spirits and were expected to go far in the competition. Victory over Iran 3-0 , Ghana 3-1 and 2-0 over Serbia saw England out of a pretty easy group to set up a second round tie with an Old Enemy but there was no talk about the "Hand of God" as the Argies were sent packing 3-1. Colombia posed many problems but were seen off 2-1 to set off a surprise semi final tie against Egypt who had snook through beating Japan and Ukraine on route. A Dominant display ended Egypt's hopes as England progressed 2-0 to play France the European Champions and the team who got me the sack with Spain . A 2-0 Win inspired by leading striker Ben Harrison who plays for Spanish Champions Sevilla lead dubulation amongst English supporters as they were crowned World Champions

Season Overview Lille

Season Fixtures England

Season     Team             Country     Position    Notes          
2015    Varbergs BoIS       Sweden        12th      
2016    Varbergs BoIS       Sweden         4th   
2017    Sandnes Ulf         Norway          --
2018    Sandnes Ulf         Norway         2nd      Promoted
2019    Sandnes Ulf         Norway         8th
2020    Sandnes Ulf         Norway         3rd
2021    Sandnes Ulf         Norway         3rd
2022    MK Dons             England       16th
2023    MK Dons             England        8th
2024    Ipswich Town        England        1st      Promoted
2025    Ipswich Town        England        6th
2026    Red Bull Salzburg   Austria        1st      Bundesliga and OFB-Cup Winners
2027    Vitória Guimarães   Portugal       5th
2028    Vitória Guimarães   Portugal       5th
2029    FC Porto            Portugal       1st      Liga NOS and Taça da Liga Winners
2030    FC Porto            Portugal       1st      Liga NOS and Taça da Liga Winners
2031    Atlético Madrid     Spain          3rd
2031    São Paulo           Brazil         1st      Campeonato Brasileiro and Copa do Brasil Winners
2032    São Paulo           Brazil         1st      Campeonato Brasileiro , Copa do Brasil and Copa Libertadores Winners
2033    Tottenham           England        1st      Premier League , FA Cup and World Club Winnners
2034    Toronto FC          USA             --
2035    Toronto FC          USA            1st      MLS Cup Winners
2036    Toronto FC          USA            1st      MLS Cup Winners
2037    Santos Laguna       Mexico          X
2038    Santos Laguna       Mexico         2nd      CONCACAF Champions League Winners
2039    Internazionale      Italy          1st      Serie A Winners
2040    Wolfsburg           Germany        2nd
2041    Wolfsburg           Germany        1st      Bundesliga Winners
2042    Lille OSC           France         2nd      Coupe de la Ligue Winners

Challenge Progress

Club

7/10 top domestic leagues - Austria , Portugal , Brazil , England , USA , Italy , Germany

5/10 domestic cups - Austria , Portugal , Brazil , England , France

2/5 club continental championships - São Paulo 2032 , Santos Laguna 2038

1/1 club world championship - Tottenham 2033

International

3/5 continental tournaments - ACON Senegal 2025 - AFC Australia 2027 - COPA Uruguay 2031

2/2 world tournaments - WC Uruguay 2030 , England 2042 - CONFED Uruguay 2033

Vikeologist's 2019 Mali Report

th?&id=OIP.M07d62d5bdc1fb861f608542e96b7ea4do0&w=264&h=299&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0

I started the year by quitting both my Dalian Transcendance and Nigeria U23 posts.

After the Asian and African Cups finished i received job offers from both Mali and Saudi Arabia. It was a tough choice because the Saudis stand a good chance in the Asian Cup, but that was to be 4 years away. Mali at the time were ranked 15th in the world, and it offered the chance of an ACON just 2 years later.

It turned out to be a disasterous decision.

First I was knocked out of the CHAN qualifying because I had only 1 decent home-based player. I won both my ACON qualifying macthes, but then in the 2nd round of the World Cup Qualifiers I was drawn against Nigeria, the 6th ranked African team. Bear in mind this round has 40 African nations, so it was just a really cruel draw.

We lost the home leg 2-0, a bit unluckily. We dominated the away leg, but they grabbed a goal on the break. We hit the post, missed open goals, and could only win 2-1. We were out, and so was I; sacked.

At the end of the year I was ofered a new national job with Qatar, (though I was tellingly unsuccessful in my application to saudi arabia this time) so at least i'm back in the game.

On the domestic club front, as many others have discovered, it's difficult to get a new job. My idea of my worth was clearly at wide odds with club's perception. I think being an international manager didn't help.

it was december until i even got an interview, with Jiangsu in the Chinese Super League I'd quit from at the start of the year. I thought my main opposition was the current manager of Dalian Transendance who had been one of my staff, and had guided the team to a top of the table finish against all the odds, but in the end they gave it to Sidnei lobo. That left the Henan vacancy empty, but they tunred me down without an interview on new Years Eve, probably because i now have an international job.

Happy New Year.

vikeologist, too bad that you lose the CHAN and ACON qualifying tournaments. I hope you will manage another African nation to take the ACON title in the next edition. Will be okay to coach an Asian team (like China or Korea) or Mali again?

2021/22 - Ludogorets/Cameroon

First and foremost I will start with my International exploits. I began in World Cup Qualifying, I won every game which included a really good win over the Ivory Coast to seal my place. I then qualified for the ACHAN fairly easily. In the ACHAN it did not go well as we got 1 point in the group which was a disappointment and we were out. We then qualified for the African Nations next year.

In the World Cup we were drawn with, Portugal, Switzerland and Iran. We lost against both of the European teams. This meant we were out before facing Iran in the last game. We won that game 3-0 and that seems to be enough to keep me here. I will go to the African Nations next and then after that it will probably bring an end to my time with Cameroon.

In Bulgaria, we won the Super Cup with ease. I didnt really think to much about the Bulgariann Cup and we went out in the Quarter Finals to a poor team.

In the League we led from the first game until the last we were always roughly 5-8 points ahead of the chasing pack and never looked in danger. We were the best team by miles and I created records for most games won in a row and also most games unbeaten. It really was a top season as we secured a Bulgarian Title.

In Europe we dispatched teams from Bosnia and Scotland before beating Maribor to get into the Europa League Group Stages. In their we had Aaeslund from Norway, Fiorentina and Chelsea. We beat the Norwegians twice and lost against Chelsea. We did draw against them in the last game round. We beat Fiorentina home and away which was amazing and was enough to send us through to the next round where Lille beat us.

This team is a good one but a lot of contracts are up at the end of the year and they will be going to pastures new. This team is by no means good enough to be anywhere near European competition wins so I am off. I am not sure where but hopefully it will be as enjoyable as my Bulgarian adventure.

Season    Team            League            Position          Notes   

2015      Skeid           Norwegian 2nd Div    9th
2016      Skeid           Norwegian 2nd Div    1st            Promotion
2017      Skeid           Norwegian 1st Div    1st            Promotion
2019      Dukkala Prague  Czech Prem           N/A            Sacked after 6 games
2020/21   Ludogorets      A Group              3rd            Cup Win
2021/22   Ludogorets      A Group              1st             League Winners

International

Years               Country                   Notes

2021 -              Cameroon

Challenge Progress

Club

1/10 top domestic leagues - Bulgaria - Ludogorets 21/22)

1/10 domestic cups - (Bulgaria - Ludogorets 20/21)

0/5 club continental championships

18519810cf21c3767011b686c03eca8e.jpg

Season 2028/29

So, the big club offering me a job were Borussia Dortmund! I took the challenge and the board immediately wanted me to win Bundesliga, something they hadn't done in the last 5 years.

I duly delivered, but it wasn't easy as it looks. With 4 games to go, I had only a 3-point cushion AND had to play Bayern, but I beat them convincingly and they just fell apart.

I also won the cup, with a bit of luck on they way. Stuttgart and Schalke were the only serious opponents on the way to the final.

Champions League eluded me again, and once again I wasn't even close. Having won the group consisting of Arsenal, Benfica and Celtic, we played phenomenally two legs versus Barcelona (3-1, 1-0). I started to get optimistic, but we lost to PSG (1-1, 1-2) in two legs which seem tight results-wise, but in truth we were never even close.

Season     Team            League               Position       Domestic Cup           Continental Cup           Notes 

2015       Goyang Hi FC    K League Challenge   5th           4th rnd                       -                  took over 13 games to go, 7th place
2016       Goyang Hi FC    K League Challenge   1st           5th rnd                       -   
2017       Goyang Hi FC    K League Classic     6th           quarters                      -    
2018       Goyang Hi FC    K League Classic     7th           4th rnd                       -   
2019       Seoul           K League Classic     3rd           runners up                  WINNERS              joined after 19 games, 6th place       
2020       Seoul           K League Classic     1st           WINNERS                     WINNERS  
2020/21    Sundowns        South African PSL    3rd           KC semis, FA 1st rnd       in progress           joined after 13 games, 11th place 
2021/22    Sundowns        South African PSL    1st           KC WINNERS, FA quarters     won ACC     
2022/23    Sundowns        South African PSL    1st           KC semis, FA winners        WINNERS    
2023/24    Palermo         Serie A              4th           semis                         -                  joined after 11 games, 11th place  
2024/25    Napoli          Serie A              2nd           1st rnd                   EL 1st KO rnd      
2025/26    Napoli          Serie A              1st           quarters                  CL 1st KO rnd   
2026/27    Napoli          Serie A              1st           semis                     CL 1st KO rnd    
2027       Rosario C.      Argentina Primera    1st           WINNERS                   Copa Sud. winners      joined after 15 games, 1st place     
2028       Rosario C.      Argentina Primera    -             -                         Copa Lib. WINNERS      resigned after 15 games, 1st place 
2028/29    B. Dortmund     Bundesliga           1st           WINNERS                   CL quarters      

Season     Nation            Competitions

2020       Nigeria        African Champions of Nations - quarterfinals
2021       Nigeria        African Nations Cup - quarterfinals
2021       Ivory Coast      -  
2022       Ivory Coast    African Champions of Nations - winners, World Cup - second round   
2023       Ivory Coast    African Nations Cup - 4th place  
2026       Cameroon       World Cup - group stage
2027       Cameroon       African Nations Cup - WINNERS

Challenge Progress

Club

5/10 top domestic leagues (Korea-Seoul, South Africa-Sundowns, Italy-Napoli, Argentina-Rosario Central, Germany-Borussia Dortmund)

4/10 domestic cups (Korea-Seoul, South Africa-Sundowns, Argentina-Rosario Central, Germany-Borussia Dortmund)

3/5 club continental championships (Asia-Seoul, Africa-Sundowns, South America-Rosario Central)

International

1/5 continental tournaments (Africa-Cameroon)

0/2 world tournaments

2021/22 - Universidad De Chile/Cameroon

Just after the World Cup I was offered the Chile job. I was very tempted by this but decided with the African Nations so close I may aswell stay in Cameroon. The manager of UDC left to take the Chile job, so I went to UDC.

I was not sure on the job when I took it and I should have stayed with gut. Things were bloody awful. Nothing seemed to go right for every game won I would loose two. My job was always insecure and no matter what I tried I couldnt make it work so I jumped ship. I resigned and moved the leagues around a little so hopefully I can get a new job somewhere.

I finished with Cameroon with the African Nations, we had qualified by winning every game and scoring 24 and conceding 1 from a group with Swasiland, Zimbabwe and Angola. So I was fairly confident of getting to at least the semis. In main competition I was drawn against Mozambique, Egypt and DR Congo, I was very confident of getting out easily.

We took a massive win against Mozambique in our opening fixture, next against Egypt it was our biggest game of the group stage, I needn't had worried as we won 4-0. We then faced DR Congo in the last game and it was a tough game as we went down to 9 men as we lost 1-0. In the quarters we face Guinea. We got through 1-0, we then faced Nigeria in the semi. We lost 2-0 and were utterly outclassed across the park. We beat Algeria to finish a good 3rd

Season    Team                  League            Position          Notes   

2015      Skeid                 Norwegian 2nd Div    9th
2016      Skeid                 Norwegian 2nd Div    1st            Promotion
2017      Skeid                 Norwegian 1st Div    1st            Promotion
2019      Dukkala Prague        Czech Prem           N/A            Sacked after 6 games
2020/21   Ludogorets            A Group              3rd            Cup Win
2021/22   Ludogorets            A Group              1st            League Winners 
2022/23   Unversidad De Chile   Chile First Div      N/A            Resigned

International

Years                   Country                   Notes

2021 - 2023              Cameroon            3rd African Nations

Challenge Progress

Club

1/10 top domestic leagues - Bulgaria - Ludogorets 21/22)

1/10 domestic cups - (Bulgaria - Ludogorets 20/21)

Pug's Update Season 2029

vQPe5H3.png

Got A Job With Brazilian Side Santos Who Were Sitting 15th In The League, With 10 Games To Go. With A Few Wins And A Couple Of Draws, We Finished

The Season In 12th.

VgROT47.png?1

yMv6AKK.png

Season 2030

After I Strengthen The Squad And Win The Sao Paulo Championship Over Corinthians. So It's On To The Next Season With A Win In The Cup. The League Was A Close Run With Flamengo With Santos Just Winning By A Point.

Lg7PKoD.png?1

2ePnGhs.png

Season 3031

Only 1 Thing I Wanted This Season, But Never Got The Chance. Because I Got The Sack For Loss In The Brazilian Cup.

4Oqsk1Q.png?1

qjRcCTz.png

CLUB CAREER                      
                                                                      -----------
Season     Club                Leagues        Cups                                     Other & Notes
                              1st  2nd       1st  2nd    Cont   CWC                                                                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16    Cambridge Utd                                                               Promoted To Div 1.Won JPT                     
2016/17    Cambridge Utd                           Won                                 Promoted To Championship.
2017/18    Cambridge Utd                      Won                                      Promoted To Premier League,Won FA Cup
2018/19    Newcastle Utd       Won                                                     Won The Premier League
2019/20    Newcastle Utd       Won                 Won     Won                         Premier league/C1C/Champions League
2020/21    Newcastle Utd                                         Won                   Won Club World Cup
2020/21    Dortmund                           Won                                      Resigned NUFC Took Over Dortmund In 12th
2021/22    Dortmund            Won            Won  Won                                 Won All 3 Trophy's
2022/23    Monterrey                                       Won                         Won N American Champions League
2023/24    Monterrey                                                                   Resigned
2023/24    Marseille           Won            Won  Won                                 Won All 3 Trophy's
2024/25    Real Madrid         Won                 Won           Won                      
2025/26    Real Madrid         Won            Won  Won     Won   Won                   
2026/27    Kaizer Chiefs       Won            Won  Won
2027/28    Kaizer Chiefs                                   Won                         Won African Champions League
2027/28    Milan                              Won
2028/29    Milan               Won            Won                                      
2029       Santos                             Won
2030       Santos              Won            Won
2031       Santos              Won                                                     Got Sacked

zU6xko0.png

So The Iran Job Came Up Just Before The World Cup, After Sacking Manager Pejman Nouri. Good Job I Was Manager Of Their U23 14 Years Ago LOL.

So With The Players From That Team, I Was Confident Of A Least Getting Out Off Groups. So In My Group Was Germany/Ivory Coast And Mexico.

2 Wins And A Draw Was Enough To Put Us Into The Second Round. With Germany Bottom Of The Group With 1 Point, In A Unusual World Cup .

Up Next Was Belgium And A 2-1 Win After Extra Time, Was A Bit Lucky With 2 Shoots On Goal. Q/Final I Was Up Against Nigeria An A 4-1 Win.

Next Was Japan In The Semis And A Easy 5-0 win. So On To The Final And A Tight 1-0 Win At The Camp Nou Against Russia. Iran Champions

of The World I Can't See That Happening, Sorry If There's Any Iraqi On Here.

RVCIh2L.png?1

Challenge Progress.
 -------------------

Club
----
7/10 Top Domestic Leagues(England-Germany-France-Spain-S/Africa-Italy-Brazil)
7/10 Top Domestic Cups   (England-Germany-France-Spain-S/Africa-Italy-Brazil)
3/5  Continental Cups    (Europe-North American-S/Africa)
1/1  Club World Cup      (Newcastle-England)

International
-------------
4/5  Continental Tournaments (Euro's-Spain/Copa America-Brazil/ACON-S/Africa/Gold Cup-USA)
2/2  World Tournaments       (World Cup-Spain/Confed-Spain)

Well for those that have followed my save I have some breaking news... it's not a big win (although i've had one) its the new club I am managing.... I am returning to Tolima Real!

I said initially I intended to return and its been a long time but im back their now, they are in the Columbian First Division with 6pts out of 9games. Time to turn this around and fix what I broke lol

Well for those that have followed my save I have some breaking news... it's not a big win (although i've had one) its the new club I am managing.... I am returning to Tolima Real!

I said initially I intended to return and its been a long time but im back their now, they are in the Columbian First Division with 6pts out of 9games. Time to turn this around and fix what I broke lol

Good Luck Hope You Win Mate

photo.jpg175?cb=20120817172722

Season review 2021-2022

Monterrey and FC Red Bull Salzburg

Before I go into my club management, just a brief comment on my international career since my last update. I took on the Poland job, but 1 win, 1 draw and 2 defeats later I had crashed out of World Cup qualifying, and I stood down. I'm finding it increasingly difficult to land a semi-decent international job, which is incredibly frustrating.

I chose to depart Aberdeen during pre-season when the job at Monterrey came up. They had won the closing stage of the Mexican league the season before, and were in the NACL this season. The squad looked pretty good, albeit a little light up front in terms of depth. The league season, as many of you know, is split into two stages. Before I go any further, just a quick observation on the Mexican league - its absolutely mental. Going into the final game of the season, only the bottom three clubs couldn't qualify for the playoffs. We finished fifth, and so I prepared for a concentrated attack on the title. A 0-0 draw at home to Puebla was followed up by a 2-1 win at their place in the return leg, putting us through to the last 4 and a tie with table-toppers Atlas, who were only in the semis courtesy of one of the most remarkable comebacks I've seen. They were 6-2 down on aggregate in their quarter final with 30 minutes left, and scored 5 to go through. A 2-1 win at home, thanks to Dorlan Pabon and Ivan Moreno allowed us to travel to Atlas full of confidence, albeit without star striker Carlos Salazar, who would remain injured until the second half of the season. A Hiram Mier goal put us 3-1 up, and despite them pulling one back before half time, we saw out the game for a 3-2 aggregate win. I was expecting a titanic struggle in the final against Xolos Tiajuana, who I had beaten 5-4 in my first league game in charge at the start of the season. We dominated them at home, running out 3-0 winners thanks to a Moreno brace and a goal from Alexander Larin. A crazy first half in the second leg saw us 6-2 up on aggregate at half time, and we added another before the match was out to seal the title in style. We made the playoffs for the closing stage of the season as well, but I had to play my reserves due to fixture congestion with the NACL, and we lost to Cruz Azul 5-3 on aggregate.

In the NACL, we topped an easy group whilst playing my reserves, before dispatching of Queretaro 4-2 on aggregate in the quarters, three of our goals coming from the returning Carlos Salazar. Seattle were to be our semi final opponents, and we travelled to the States for the first leg. We raced into a 2-0 lead, Larin and Salazar scoring, before they pegged us back, equalising in the 80th minute. As they pushed forward looking for a winner, we hit them on the counter, that man Salazar scoring again. A tense and nervy 0-0 draw followed at home, and we were through to the final to face fellow Mexicans Chivas. We went 1-0 down in the first leg, and then had a man sent off in the 80th minute. Somehow, we levelled things up through new signing Abraham Ramirez, before they scored again. However, a last minute goal from loanee Smail Triki sent us back to Monterrey all square. A Carlos Fierro goal put Chivas ahead again, before we had Francisco Cerro sent off in the 54th minute. I thought it was all over, but Salazar had other ideas, netting an equaliser just a minute later. We then had Pablo Rosales sent off with fifteen minutes to go, leaving us hanging on with 9 men. I changed to an ultra defensive formation and tactic, and somehow held on. The tie finished 3-3 on aggregate, but we won it on away goals!

After deciding that this team isn't going to be good enough to challenge for the Copa Libertadores any time soon, it was with a heavy heart that I departed Monterrey. I've really enjoyed my year in Mexico (yes, I realise that makes me sound like a hippy gap-year student) but needs must if I'm to complete this challenge. I decided to accept the job at FC Red Bull Salzburg. They had interviewed me earlier on in the season, and after offering me the job, I asked to delay it until the end of the season. My rationale was that it was the sort of job that I would expect to win the league and cup in next season, and also meant I had a back up option already in place in case a top job in South America or South Africa didn't come up. As it happens, I was wrong, and they approached me to take over with three league games and the cup final to go in the season.

An opening 4-0 win, coupled with Austria Wien failing to win secured the title with two games to go. Two more wins meant we ended up winning the title by 8 points, before facing Rapid Wien in the cup final. A 2-1 win, with two early goals, was far more nervy than it should have been. We hit the bar twice, and missed a couple of good chances. Still, four games and two trophies isn't something to be sniffed at! Now, I know there has been discussion over this, but I'm sure I read that as long as you are in charge when the title / cup is won, it counts, right? It does, however, throw into doubt my plans for next season. On the one hand, I've only been at Salzburg a month, and the honourable thing to do is to stay for another season, or at least part of it. On the other hand, there are now a range of vacancies available that seriously interest me. I think I might apply for a couple and see what happens. God, that makes me ruthless, doesn't it?

Club
Season        Team             Position      Notes and Achievements
2015/16      Dungannon     10th          Won Northern Irish FA Cup and kept Dungannon up after taking over with 3 games to go
2016/17      Dungannon     8th            A solid but unspectacular season
2017/18      Yiteng            8th            A settling season in China
2019           Jiangsu          1st            Won Chinese Super League and FA Cup, as well as claiming MOTY.
2020           Jiangsu          1st            Won Chinese Super League and Asian Champions League
2020/21      Aberdeen       9th            Won Scottish League Cup
2021/22      Monterrey      5th/5th      Won Opening Stage, knocked out in semis of closing stage. Won NACL.
2021/22      Salzburg        1st             Won league and cup double

Season        Team              Notes and Achievements
2016/17      Congo              Resigned without playing a game
2016/17      Cameroon        One win away from WC qualification
2017/18      Cameroon        2nd round of 2018 World Cup
2019           Cameroon        African Cup of Nations winner!
2021           Poland             An abject failure!

Challenge Progress

Club

3/10 top domestic leagues - China (Jiangsu), Mexico (Monterrey), Austria (Salzburg)

4/10 domestic cups - Northern Ireland (Dungannon), China (Jiangsu), Scotland (Aberdeen), Austria (Salzburg)

2/5 club continental championships - ACL (Jiangsu), NACL (Monterrey)

International

1/5 continental tournaments - ACON Cameroon 2019

0/2 world tournaments

150px-Rapid-Wien.png

SK Rapid Wien Season Review 2022/23

League Table - 1st

Pushed the side on this year and came out on top and captured ourselves a double! Dipped into the transfer market and forked out £2.2m on a few permanent signings in the summer to bolster the defence, despite having several big clubs in the league Sturm Graz/Salzburg/Austria Wien it was newly promoted First Division champions LASK Linz who led the league for almost three quarters of it, with us only taking control of things at the top with 6 games left to play. Failed to make the group stages of the EURO cup once again, getting dumped out by Croation side NK Lokomotiva in one of the earlier qual rounds.

Cruised our way through the Austrian FA Cup picking up my first domestic cup of the challenge, beating LASK Linz to the glory once again with a 2-1 win, bonus Steam Achievement pics too!

Star player of the season without question my marauding RB Ales Mateju, the guy was a beast, 13 assists, 9 POM's and an average rating of 8.06 over 29 matches.

I'm actually quite torn now, wouldn't mind having a little crack in the Champions League with SK Rapid but I'm terribly tempted by some big name clubs who've sacked managers, I guess we'll wait and see!

2015/16            FC Haka                    3rd            Finnish First Division
2016/17            FC Haka                    1st            Finnish First Division                Promoted to Premier League
2017/18            FC Haka                    1st            Finnish Premier League                League Winners
2018/19            Gornik Leczna              1st            Polish First Division                 Promoted to Ekstraklasa
2019/20            Slask Wroclaw              5th            Polish Ekstraklasa
2020/21            Legia                      1st            Polish Ekstraklasa                    League Winners
2021/22            SK Rapid Wien              3rd            Austrian Premier Division
2022/23            SK Rapid Wien              1st            Austrian Premier Division             League Winners/FA Cup Winners

Challenge Progress

Club
3/10 top domestic leagues (Finland,Poland,Austria)
1/10 domestic cups (Austria)

International
0/5 continental tournaments
0/2 world tournaments

ashton. If you right-click on the save file, you may be able to resptore previous versions.

As well as having rolling saves, i think it's always a good idea to save the game on an external flash drive say at the end of each season; something i haven't always been doing myself I admit. During my completion i lost about 3 or 4 seasons due to my hard drive going kapput, and foolishly believing that the steam cloud save works at all.

Yeah I have tried that Vike, but cant seem to get them working. I had just taken over Watford as well. Gutted.

Never mind back to the drawing board. Got something new loading now. Playing on Classic and hopefully will take over someone soon and can recreate the some of the work I did last time

Has anyone else had a summer where so many top jobs have become available? In the past month there have been vacancies at Man City, Chelsea, Real Madrid, Bayern, Dortmund, Ajax, Zenit, Benfica, Juventus, AC. Milan, Napoli, Roma, Boca and INT. Crazy, even if it is after a World Cup.

On a side note, does anyone have a list of Brazilian clubs? They've all got three letter names now (due to other issues) but I can't find a list anywhere of what these initials equate to in terms of real names, and I'd like to add them manually before considering going to manage in Brazil.

Not quite to that level, I resigned as manager of Newcastle (English Champs), Man Utd, PSG, Marseille (French Champs), Milan (relegated) Juventus, Lazio, Inter (Italian Champs), Leverkusen (Former multiple German champs), Dortmund, Wolfsberg, PSV.

Those the only ones I can remember off the top of my head. I was disappointed that the Juventus job was filled before the Champions League final which was in the first week of June as I'd have wanted that one.

Isn't there a setting in preferences to display club names using long/shorthand names?

2015/16 -Segesta

So I have started again.

This time my career begins in Croatia. The team I took over Segesta were decent enough and the quality of player looked decent. They were in 10th but i thought they should have been higher. 10th was a relegation spot so I had the remainder of the season to get them out of trouble.

In my 8 games I remained unbeaten as we drew 2 and won 6 to eventually finish well away from relegation by a huge 11 points. The first 11 was good enough to do well in this league but there is absolutely no depth in the squad at all. A few injuries or suspensions could see us in real trouble. In the summer we will also loose our best player as he has decided to not renew his contract. I have already sealed deals for 7 new players to come in. Most of them will just be for depth.

Next year I dont really have any expectations. I have a sneaky suspicion we could do well but there will be at least 1 decent team coming down so who knows.

Season       Team                  League            Position          Notes   

2015/16      Segesta          Croatian 2nd League       6th

International

Challenge Progress

Club

0/10 top domestic leagues

0/10 domestic cups -

pug 407, it's not happy to receive the sack in Santos, but you made better in Iran for the World Cup. But will you go to coach another Brazilian club after this?

If you want to go back to Santos, will you be interested after you coach another Brazilian nation or fellow South American club?

2016/17 -Segesta

2nd season in Croatia and it did not quiet go as well as I had hoped. 6 games in and we had not even got a point or goal and we had been spanked pretty much every game. I had to have a bit of a change around and it seemed to work as we started to then grab points and work our way up the league table. In the end we were noway near being good enough to trouble the top but nor were we bad enough to be in any danger of going down. Mid table was about right for us.

We lost in the first round of the cup to Dinamo and could have no complaints really.

There is a bit of a change coming here now with many people leaving as they are refusing to sign new deals. As a result it will be a busy summer as I try to bring in some new faces. 5 guys have already signed but they are not of the quality that has left the club. I am not looking to leave but if a slightly bigger club is interested in the summer I may consider it but its not a big deal if I stay here.

2016/17      Segesta          Croatian 2nd League       5th

International

Challenge Progress

Club

0/10 domestic cups -

@pug 407 - You won the World Cup with Iran? That is crazy, how highly rated are their players?

Had A 6 (4 And A Half Stars) Some Who Were Playing For Teams Like PSG And Man Utd, A Few 3 And A Half Stars.

Also Iran Were Rated 10th Best Nation When I Took Over. But Some Top Teams Didn't Make The World Cup At All.

pug 407, it's not happy to receive the sack in Santos, but you made better in Iran for the World Cup. But will you go to coach another Brazilian club after this?

If you want to go back to Santos, will you be interested after you coach another Brazilian nation or fellow South American club?

Just Got The Rangers Job, But Yes I Would If They Were Still In Champions League.

Nightmare, I am going to have to start again. Having issues with reloading the saved game. Bloody nightmare

Sorry To Read About That, It Happened To Me. But Had A Rolling Save That I Didn't Delete. Good Luck In Future Hope It Doesn't Happen Again.

2017/18 -Segesta

This year started off really well as we continually managed to pull off victories over teams that were either much better than us or at least should have been. I felt like my additions in the summer had given me a much more balanced team, we still were a little light up top and in goals. I had added again not the best quality but more depth and this time more in positions of need.

We continued throughout the year winning and got to the break third in the league and very much in with a chance of completing a title win. I had toyed with the idea of buying more players in the winter but there was nothing to improve the team dramaticaly so I decided against it. In the end we had enough as we wrapped the title up with two games to go. I was amazed that we had done it but really pleased.

It was nearly an unreal season as we knocked out two Premier Teams including Dinamo Zagreb which was amazing. Left in the semi finals were 3 teams from the lower ends of the top league. I felt like we were the form team and that we really had a chance to win it. I was wrong as we got dispatched on away goals in the semi finals which was heart breaking.

I have enjoyed my time here with Segesta but I feel like this is the end of the road. They are no where near challenging for the Croatian title and this cup run was a fluke. I really dont have the appetite for building a side and I dont think it would help this challenge so I am. I am not sure where yet but I am pretty amenable to any challenge.

2017/18      Segesta          Croatian 2nd League       1st          Promoted

International

Challenge Progress

Club

0/10 domestic cups -

150px-Lille_OSC_logo_zpsgq4lszxk.png

LILLE 2043

Lille have Lyon to thank following their Ligue 1 victory as they trailed PSG going into the final game. It was though Lyon who had knocked Lille off the top a couple of rounds earlier winning 4-3 in an epic encounter to give PSG back command of Ligue 1 . A 2-0 win over OM left me wondering about the ongoings in the capital as Lyon staunchly kept PSG at bay, 0-0 it finished and Lille were champions . The double was confirmed with a penalty shootout victory over St Etienne to make up for last seasons defeat in the competition. I was knocked out of the coupe de ligue by rivals Lens which didnt go down too well but i guess all is forgiven now .

In a group of Bayern , Olympiakos and Fernebache , Lille came out in second place before losing in the first round knockout to Barcelona who won both ties , Bayern also won both ties so i know of the gap between the club and the elites and another move will be needed , the champions league remains elusive and may need to revisit leagues in the future to actually win it

Season Overview

2026    Red Bull Salzburg   Austria        1st      Bundesliga and OFB-Cup Winners
2029    FC Porto            Portugal       1st      Liga NOS and Taça da Liga Winners
2030    FC Porto            Portugal       1st      Liga NOS and Taça da Liga Winners
2031    São Paulo           Brazil         1st      Campeonato Brasileiro and Copa do Brasil Winners
2032    São Paulo           Brazil         1st      Campeonato Brasileiro , Copa do Brasil and Copa Libertadores Winners
2033    Tottenham           England        1st      Premier League , FA Cup and World Club Winnners
2038    Santos Laguna       Mexico         2nd      CONCACAF Champions League Winners
2043    Lille OSC           France         1st      Ligue 1 and Coupe de France Winners

Challenge Progress

Club

8/10 top domestic leagues - Austria , Portugal , Brazil , England , USA , Italy , Germany , France

International

3/5 continental tournaments - ACON Senegal 2025 - AFC Australia 2027 - COPA Uruguay 2031

2019/20 -Mattersburg

I had a long time out of the game whilst I waited for the right opportunity to come up. In fact it was 18 months and I was starting to regret my decision to leave Croatia.

In the end I accepted a big job with an Austrian team in March 2020. The club were 6th in the league and I felt that was about right so I was surprised when the club sacked the manager but I thought it would be worth taking on. I went into the club with a few games left and I knew that I could not move up or down really in the league so my record of 10 games, 3 losses one draw and 6 wins was good.

I will be looking to bring some of my own people into the squad next year so I am hoping I can increase upon the decent finish of this year.

2019/20      Mattersburg      Austrian Premier          6th

International

Challenge Progress

Club

0/10 domestic cups -

2020/21 -Mattersburg

11 came in and 14 left in a busy summer. I thought that the squad was a little better than the year before but not by very much at all.

We began in poor fashion as we lost our opening two games, I was getting a little bit concerned about this as we did not seem to be playing well at all. We just seemed to not be able to gel. It took us until the Christmas break when we were 2 points of the top before we really settled. In the end we didnt kick on after the break and dropped down the table. We never really looked like we were in contention for the title and at the end of the year we finished in 5th spot which was a little disappointing.

In the cup we played non league sides up until the semi finals. In the semi finals it was a bit weird but all of the top four teams were in the semi final I had never seen this before so it was a bit of an odd one. We did really well as we won convincingly in the last two games to take the cup.

Inconsistent is the word of the day for us. We could have won the title with a bit more consistency as shown by our cup win. I am thinking I will stay here for another year to try and get that title but if something big comes up in the offseason I will take it.

2019/20      Mattersburg      Austrian Premier          6th
2020/21      Mattersburg      Austrian Premier          5th           

International

Challenge Progress

Club

1/10 domestic cups - (Mattersburg - AUS - 2021)

Has anyone else had a summer where so many top jobs have become available? In the past month there have been vacancies at Man City, Chelsea, Real Madrid, Bayern, Dortmund, Ajax, Zenit, Benfica, Juventus, AC. Milan, Napoli, Roma, Boca and INT. Crazy, even if it is after a World Cup.

Yeah, in my save, I've just gone through a summer where so many lucrative and attractive jobs became available, it was unreal.

I really thought about applying for a couple but I'm currently managing Kaizer Chiefs in South Africa and I'm in the middle of the Champions League - as those of you who have managed in S. Africa will know, for some bizarre reason the African Chumps League runs over two seasons - so as I need to win this competition for the purpose of the challenge, I stayed put......but I am getting itchy feet!!

I'm currently at work, so I'll provide an end of season update later, but I've just finished the season by completing a full season and retaining the title (i won it the previoyus year after taking over at Kaizer Chiefs with only a few games to go!!) and I've also won the KO cup in S. Africa, which also counts towards the challenge.

As I've mentioned previously, I spent so long in South Africa on my FM15 attempt, I'm sick of the place!!

Credit to everyone still taking part in the challenge, it's been great reading your posts (I'm the boss at work, I can do what I want on a Saturday!!)

Ashton - bad times losing your save. It happened to me last year and I was gutted....I'm sure you'll soon catch everyone up again (Apart from Shiraz,Kaiser and Pug!!)

Pug's Update Season 2030/31

boLIN2F.png

So After Getting Sacked By Santos I Applied And Got The Job At Rangers. They Were Sitting In 7th Place With 15 Games To Go, And Still In The Scottish Cup.

So After 7 Wins 5 Draws And 3 Losses We Ended Up In 3rd Place Behind Hearts And Celtic, And Into The Scottish Cup Final Against Aberdeen With A 2-0 Win.

EmQ8R5v.png?1

vYBcNYq.png

zU6xko0.png

On To The Asian Cup With Iran And A Group Of Iraq/U.A.E And North Korea. It Didn't Get Of The Best Of Starts With A 1-1 Against Iraq. Up Next Was A Game

With North Korea And A Comfortable 5-0 Win. Last Game To Decided Who Topped The Group Was U.A.E, And A Easy 3-0 Win Put Us Top And Into The Next Round.

The Second Round Put Us Up Against India And A 5-0 Win. The Q-Finals Was Against Australia And Hard 1-0 Win With A 88 Minute Goal. Next Was Our The Only

Team To Take A Point From Us Was Iraq, But A Nice 4-0 Win Put Us Into The Finals. Next Was Our Hardest Game With South Korea And A 1-0 Defeat And The Sack.

Season 2031/32

So 3 Games Into The Season And A Old Team Of Mine Came Call, So Now I'm Back In Charge Of Santos After 153 Days Away.

CLUB CAREER                      
                                                                      -----------
Season     Club                Leagues        Cups                                     Other & Notes
                              1st  2nd       1st  2nd    Cont   CWC                                                                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16    Cambridge Utd                                                               Promoted To Div 1.Won JPT                     
2016/17    Cambridge Utd                           Won                                 Promoted To Championship.
2017/18    Cambridge Utd                      Won                                      Promoted To Premier League,Won FA Cup
2018/19    Newcastle Utd       Won                                                     Won The Premier League
2019/20    Newcastle Utd       Won                 Won     Won                         Premier league/C1C/Champions League
2020/21    Newcastle Utd                                         Won                   Won Club World Cup
2020/21    Dortmund                           Won                                      Resigned NUFC Took Over Dortmund In 12th
2021/22    Dortmund            Won            Won  Won                                 Won All 3 Trophy's
2022/23    Monterrey                                       Won                         Won N American Champions League
2023/24    Monterrey                                                                   Resigned
2023/24    Marseille           Won            Won  Won                                 Won All 3 Trophy's
2027/28    Kaizer Chiefs                                   Won                         Won African Champions League
2031       Santos              Won                                                     Got Sacked
2030/31    Rangers                            Won
2031/32    Rangers                                                                     
2031/32    Santos                          
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                                  INTERNATIONAL CAREER
                                                                  --------------------

Season    Nation         Cups                                                                         Other & Notes
                        World Cup    Confed Cup    Euro's    AFC    ACON    Gold Cup   Copa America
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015      Iran U23                                                                                    Won AFC U23 Championship
2017      France U21                                                                                  Won U21 Championship
2019      England U21
2019      Algeria                                                                                     Never Played A Game
2020      Spain                                                                                       
2021      Spain                                                                                       Won UEFA Nations League
2022      Spain          Won                                                                          Won The World Cup
2023      Spain                                                                                       Won UEFA Nations League
2024      Spain                                     Won                                               Won European Championship
2025      Spain                       Won                                                             Won Confed Cup
2025      Brazil
2026      Brazil         Won
2027      Brazil                                                                        Won           Won Copa America
2027      South Africa
2028      South Africa                                                                                Won C.H.A.N
2029      South Africa                                               Won                              Won A.C.O.N
2029      USA                                                                 Won                     Won Gold Cup
2030      Iran           Won
2031      Iran                                                                                        Sacked

Challenge Progress.
 -------------------

Club
----
8/10 Top Domestic Cups   (England-Germany-France-Spain-S/Africa-Italy-Brazil-Scotland)
3/5  Continental Cups    (Europe-North American-S/Africa)

International
-------------
4/5  Continental Tournaments (Euro's-Spain/Copa America-Brazil/ACON-S/Africa/Gold Cup-USA)

120px-ShandongLunengTaishanFC_zpsqfv1lwtt.png

Shandong Luneng 2044

The Chinese Super League posed few problems as Shandong claimed their sixth CSL title in a row. With domestic success pretty much a given a demanding board issued me with a minimum expectation of reaching the Champions League Final.

Across the continent Chinese teams were doing quite well with 3 teams remaining at the Quarter Final Stage where Shandong Luneng edged out Shanghai SIPG to setup a semi final against Hangzhou who had knocked out Pohang Steelers.

Champions Al-Ahli would play Al-Ittihad in the other semi final. Shandong and Al-Ittihad both progressing with 3-1 aggregate wins. A 0-0 draw in the first leg in China always left me with a mountain to climb and proved my downfall with the Saudi's winning 1-0 to claim the crown. The season came to a close with 3-0 victory over the CSL All Stars

Season Overview

World Champions England were drawn against Bulgaria , Sweden and Portugal in the group stages of Euro 2044 and topped the group despite been held by Bulgaria . Switzerland were next up and it took a late goal from Ben Harrison as extra time loomed to see them off . Germany who are in a slump were easily seen off at the Quarter Final Stage. Surprise Semi Finalists Slovenia were hammered 4-0 . A Ben Harrison hat trick defeated defending champions France as England lifted the trophy for the first time since 2032. I have now resigned from England to concentrate on club football until something appears in North America .

Season Overview

2043    Lille OSC           France         1st      Ligue 1 and Coupe de France Winners
2044    Shandong Luneng     China          1st      CSL Winners

Challenge Progress

Club

9/10 top domestic leagues - Austria , Portugal , Brazil , England , USA , Italy , Germany , France , China

International

4/5 continental tournaments - ACON Senegal 2025 - AFC Australia 2027 - COPA Uruguay 2031 - EURO England 2044

On a side note, does anyone have a list of Brazilian clubs? They've all got three letter names now (due to other issues) but I can't find a list anywhere of what these initials equate to in terms of real names, and I'd like to add them manually before considering going to manage in Brazil.

With The Brazilian Teams Only Having 3 Letter Names. Its Because When Steam Updated You Need To Update The Real Names Fix File

24th Season

25th Season

So after leaving Jeonbuk I intended to go for South Africa next but I noticed a job opening in Spain that was too good to turn down (in theory) Barcelona had came 4th and sacked their manager so I applied for the job and after a short wait I had an interview... but then the Real Madrid job opened up and I applied for that; Barcelona offered me the job and I delayed them for a week; Real Madrid gave me an interview and whilst I was waiting Barcelona came back - I refused preferring to go to Real Madrid but... Real Madrid decided they didn't want me so I missed the opportunity.

Despite this minor miss-step I was doing well with Italy and after scrapping through an easy game on Penalties we went onto beat France in the final! Euro Champions! I was desperate to tick of more internationals so really happy now. I'm going to stick with the squad and hope I can take down the WC too before moving Internationally. In the meantime I'm waiting & watching for a job to open up in SA ... or a solid team in Germany/France/Spain. Feeling quite stupid for turning down Barcelona but let's face it - I rejected Barcelona how many people can say that?

However, with every downside their is an upside I'm getting the opportunity to rectify an earlier mistake. My first job was with Tolima Real and I got sacked in the first season, nearly 30years later and I've returned but this time they are in the First Division.

When I took over from Tolima that had only a few points and were sat 19th, our results improved straight away but unfortunately alot of draws so we didn't sky rocket up the leage and finished in 17th. I'm ok with this though as mid-season meant I couldnt change the squad. My plan is to strengthen during the off-season and make a push for a much better position next season. They offered me a decent set of budgets so things should go smoother this time round. Second season went much better - I brought in a number of decent players and expected a long and ultimately disappointing season but that didn't happen, in the first stage I led the league the entire way then lost in the finals. Second half we again led the league and wrapped up 1st with time to spare. Continuing from solidifying that I was able to win the Colombian Cup & Second Stage Playoffs to claim the Championship. This is the biggest achievement on my bucketlist, but I do think reputation must play a huge part because I expected this to take a couple of seasons. Im thinking for my final top division title/cup I might take a bottom division team and work them up.

Italy have been great we are running a nice undefeated streak with only 2 draws, after the Euro we had the Confed and we ran well through it eventually beating Germany (the current WC holders) & Brazil (current world #1) we have qualified for the WC from a v.poor group so I just need to remain upbeat we should coast through the group stage because i've been put in with Mali, Serbia & South Korea - I'm loving the international side moving along.

Unfortunately, I have work and exams so my next update wont be until after the 3rd, I'll still be playing but cant afford to clock in the hours.

Season	Team 	 	Country	    League           Position	Notes          
16/17	Tolima Real	Colombia    Second Division  16th	Sacked with 1 game left to play.
2019    KL Spa          Malaysia    Premier League   6th        FA Cup Finalists, Avoided relegation
2020    KL Spa          Malaysia    Premier League   1st        Champions, QF of Malaysia Cup
2022/3  Cobreloa        Chile       First Division B 11th       11th when I joined (16th closing stages - finished 13th).
2023/4  Cobreloa        Chile       First Division B 4th        1st in opening stages, promoted via playoffs. MOTY
2024/5  Cobreloa        Chile       First Division   14th       Avoided relegation
2025/6  Cobreloa        Chile       First Division   8th        Avoided relegation, Play-offs second stage. MOTY
2026/7  Cobreloa        Chile       First Division   3rd        Chile Cup Winner! MOTY
2027/8  Cobreloa        Chile       First Division   5th        Super Cup Winner! Resigned.
2030/31 VIT             Brazil      First Division   14th       18th when I joined 12games in.
2031/32 VIT             Brazil      First Division   4th        Copa Qualification, Brazilian Cup SF
2032/33 VIT             Brazil      First Division   2nd        Copa Winner! CwC Finalist - MOTY
2033    Montreal        Canada      MLS              1st        Finalist - No Win
2034/35 AS Roma         Italy       Serie A          2nd        Euro Cup Winner, Italian Cup Winner - MOTY
2035/36 AS Roma         Italy       Serie A          1st        Champions, Super Cup Winner, Italian Cup Winner - MOTY
2036/37 Man U           England     Premiership      1st        Champions, C1C Winner, FA Cup Winner - MOTY
2037/38 Man U           England     Premiership      1st        Champions, C1C Winner, FA Cup Winner, Champions Cup Winner - MOTY
2038/39 Man U           England     Premiership      1st        Club World Championship Winners - Resigned
2039/40 Estudiantes     Argentina   Premiership      1st        14th in league when i got the job - Resigned
2041    Rosenborg       Norwegian   Premiership      1st        Champions, Norwegian Cup Winner - MOTY - Resigned
2042    Chivas          Mexico      First Division   2nd        6th in First Stage - Won 2nd Stage, NACL Winner - Resigned
2042    Jeonbuk         S.Korea     KL Classic       2nd        Asian Champions League, Korean FA Cup
2043    Jeonbuk         S.Korea     KL Classic       1st        Champions, Champions Cup Retained
2044	Tolima Real	Colombia    First Division   17th	Joined in 19th
2045	Tolima Real	Colombia    First Division   1st	Champions, Colombian Cup

2017	U20's    	Colombia    Under 20's World Cup  QF	        Went out in QF on penalties.
2019	U20's    	Colombia    SA Championship       2nd	        Runner's up (WC Round 2)
2025	Senior    	Paraquay    n/a                   n/a	        World Rank #57 on hiring, 48th at end of Year
2026    Senior          Paraquay    n/a                   n/a           World Rank #54
2030    Senior          Paraquay    World Cup             2nd Round     World Rank #14 - Resigned after worldcup
2036    Senior          Mexico      Gold Cup              Win           World Rank #8  - Resigned after gold cup
2040    Senior          Wales       n/a                   n/a           World Rank #47th when taking job
2041    Senior          Wales       Euro Qualifiers       n/a           World Rank #33rd 
2042    Senior          Wales       WC Qualifiers         3rd           World Rank #37th - Resigned 
2042    Senior          Italy       n/a                   n/a           World Rank #12th when taking job
2043    Senior          Italy       EIL, Euro Qualifiers  n/a           WR #10 European International League Winner, Qualified for EU
2044    Senior          Italy       Euro Championship     Won           WR #3 European Champions Winner
2045    Senior          Italy       Confederations        Won           WR #2 Confed Winner, Qualified for World Cup

Challenge
Top Division Leagues 6/10 - Italy, England, Argentina, Norway, S.Korea, Colombia
Domestic Cup 6/10 - Chile Cup, Italian Cup, FA Cup (England), Norwegian Cup, Korean FA Cup, Colombian Cup 
Champions Leagues 4/5 - Copa Libertadores (VIT), Champions Cup (Europe - Man U), NACL (Chivas), Asian Champions League (Jeonbuk)
Club World Championship - Man United 38/39

International
2/5 continental tournaments (Gold Cup w/Mexico, Euro w/Italy)
1/2 world tournaments (Confed - Italy)

Since the 16.3 update, it's much harder to get a decent first job in this challenge. i think before the update it was possible to get a first job in English league 1 for instance. Gaining new employment at any stage seems much harder.

I decided to retart. The whole getting into international management early thing derailed my challenge. Maybe I shouldn't have quit Dalian.

I wanted to recreate or echo one of my earlier attempts which saw me get a job at league 1 Southend after a year, but that seems to be impossible now.

So I'm going back to the actual Southend save. Looking back at my report for my first season there, i said it was quite boring. however while the Southend squad were exactly where I left them, I have changed, particularly tactically.

In any case, it's clear to me that achieving this challenge in FM16 is a lot harder than FM15, so I think the first completer will be worthy of much praise.

Nice to see the leaderboard getting so packed.

Apologies for not running through everybody's progress. After 18 months of this challenge, it's hard to find much new to say; but a couple of things.

mclarke - congrats on getting the Colombian monkey off your back.

pug - I can't believe that you were sacked for losing in the final of the Asian Cup. That's harsh.

3L1G - how long have you been in S Africa? How many times have you been knocked out of the Champions league. In my FM15 challenge it seemdd to take forever tio win the CL, but I think I won it on my third attempt. the thing was that i expected to win it on my first attempt, and the second time around i thought I was a shoe-in. The shceduling of the final makes it absolutely heartbreaking when you lose. In all my many attempts at the challenge this version, the one place i haven't been even tempted to load was S Africa.

kaiser - Fantastic that you're so close to mopping up internationally. I'm retrospectively so jealous of you.

Season 1 - Uskudar - 2L White

I had started this before but realised that I had given my manager an older age and also international experience so I decided to start again as per the rules of the thread.

I took over a decent Turkish team who had recently lost their manager to a higher placed team. They were placed in the Promotion race when I took them over. They were a really good side and allowed me to win a lot of games before the end of the season. We entered the playoffs with some hope of winning and going up via the playoff final. I was right as we walked the playoffs and promotion was mine.

I have been given a million plus transfer kitty so I definitely think I will be able to put together a team that will be capable of staying in the division. I am looking forward to next season as I have clicked with this team.

Season	      Team 	 	Country	       League           Position	Notes          
16/17        Uskudar             Turkey        2L White           5th          Promoted via Playoffs

Challenge
Top Division Leagues 0/10 - 
Domestic Cup 0/10 - 
Champions Leagues 0/5 - 
Club World Championship - 

International
0/5 continental tournaments 
0/2 world tournaments 

150px-TSG_1899_Hoffenheim_logo.svg.png

Mid Season Hoffenheim Review 2022/23

Made my way from Rapid into Germany at Hoffenheim and to be honest it's been a disaster, 16 games in and after 10 defeats and only 4 wins I was on the brink of being sacked, the German league is tough, really tough. I definately rushed into this job head first thinking it was going to be as easy as my previous jobs, when in fact it was incredibly difficult. I decided to resign and leave with a shred of dignity before I was thrown under the bus by the bloodthirsty board!

Already got my eyes on a few jobs but I'm going to be more considerate and think about an appointment first.

Lesson learnt!

Pug's Update Season 2031/32

vQPe5H3.png

So Back To Santos After The Last Manager Got Sacked, I Don't Know Why. I Was Left With Almost The Same Players, So I Was Hopeful We'd Pickup Where

We Left Off. Up First Was The Brazilian Cup Which We Got Beat 1-0 By Flamengo. The League Was A Bit Of A Breeze Where We Only Lost 4 And Drew 5 Games.

It Was The Copa Libertadores That I Wanted. So In A Group hat Involved Universitario/Libertad And Newell's, 5 Wins And A Draw Put Us Into The Next Round.

Second Round We Were Drawn Against Atletico Nacional, And A 11-1 Aggregate Put Us Into The Quarter's. Next Was Independiente And A 6-0 Aggregate Win,

So On To The Semi's. Penarol Was Up Next And A Hard First Leg, With Us Drawing 2-2 Away From Home. The Second Leg Was Just The Opposite And A

Comfortable 5-1 Win. The Final Drew Us Against Boca Which WAs Won Easily 7-1 On Aggregate, So Time To Move On And On My Terms.

E0M5qxt.png?1

CLUB CAREER                      
                                                                      -----------
2030/31    Rangers                            Won
2031/32    Rangers                                                                     
2031/32    Santos                                                Won                   Won S American Champions League

INTERNATIONAL CAREER
                                                                  --------------------

Season    Nation         Cups                                                                         Other & Notes
                        World Cup    Confed Cup    Euro's    AFC    ACON    Gold Cup   Copa America
2015      Iran U23                                                                                    Won AFC U23 Championship
2017      France U21                                                                                  Won U21 Championship
2019      England U21
2019      Algeria                                                                                     Never Played A Game
2020      Spain                                                                                       
2021      Spain                                                                                       Won UEFA Nations League
2022      Spain          Won                                                                          Won The World Cup
2023      Spain                                                                                       Won UEFA Nations League
2024      Spain                                     Won                                               Won European Championship
2025      Spain                       Won                                                             Won Confed Cup
2025      Brazil
2026      Brazil         Won
2027      Brazil                                                                        Won           Won Copa America
2027      South Africa
2028      South Africa                                                                                Won C.H.A.N
2029      South Africa                                               Won                              Won A.C.O.N
2029      USA                                                                 Won                     Won Gold Cup
2030      Iran           Won
2031      Iran                                                                                        Sacked

Challenge Progress.
 -------------------

Club
----
8/10 Top Domestic Cups   (England-Germany-France-Spain-S/Africa-Italy-Brazil-Scotland)
4/5  Continental Cups    (Europe-North American-S/Africa-S/America)

International
-------------

Don't Like How It Goes Over 2 Season's

lol its not that like i said in one of my earlier posts I plan to make my final top division a bottom-top division and build the club up (im thinking of Spain so i have to raise up and defeat real/barca) just seems like an awkward tournament, losing out on the NA title after walking the league left me a little bitter

120px-ShandongLunengTaishanFC_zpsqfv1lwtt.png

Shandong Luneng 2045

The season that brought up 1500 games in management was almost once again a walk in the park . Domestically Shandong Luneng are untouchable and would have claimed an Invincible season had it not been for a dodgy penalty against Chongqing Litan . In the Asian Champions League Shandong were grouped with Suwon Blue-wings , Muangthong United and Western Sydney Wanderers which was won at a canter . FC Seoul were up next and dispatched 4-1 on aggregate. Newcastle Jets next and 4-0 win . A 2-0 aggregate win over win over Shanghai SIPG setup a final with Al-Ahli . Despite been under the kosh a last minute goal from Argentine Cannella gave Shadong a slight lead to bring back to China in the second leg . A 1-0 home win finished off the campaign as Shandong Luneng were crowned Asian Champions 3-1 on aggregate. League One side Quindao Huanghai made the Chinese Cup Final and were allowed to enjoy themselves in the sunshine before been demolished 9-0 on aggregate.

Season Overview

2044    Shandong Luneng     China          1st      CSL Winners
2045    Shandong Luneng     China          1st      CSL Winners , CFA Cup and AFC Champions League Winners

Challenge Progress

Club

9/10 top domestic leagues - Austria , Portugal , Brazil , England , USA , Italy , Germany , France , China

6/10 domestic cups - Austria , Portugal , Brazil , England , France , China

3/5 club continental championships - São Paulo 2032 , Santos Laguna 2038 , Shandong Luneng 2045

International

4/5 continental tournaments - ACON Senegal 2025 - AFC Australia 2027 - COPA Uruguay 2031 - EURO England 2044