The Ultimate Football Manager Challenge - Silver Age Archive

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Lewis89 said:

Giving this a try starting on the beta.

Edit: 7 months in and not a single interview. Going to try a different set up. 

It does seem harder starting unemployed in this years version, definitely adds more realism, and makes you rethink where you'restarting point is. My advice, have either Wales or Northern Ireland loaded

It is much harder this year, but I am hoping a couple of good seasons in Indonesia opens up the opportunity in even a lower league in China or South Africa.  

Edited by Lewis89

25 minutes ago, Lewis89 said:

It is much harder this year, but I am a hoping a couple of good seasons in Indonesia opens up the opportunity in even a lower league in China or South Africa.  

I've always found that going between Indonesia, Malaysia and Singapore opens up opportunities in China & South Korea

3 hours ago, bigmattb28 said:

I've always found that going between Indonesia, Malaysia and Singapore opens up opportunities in China & South Korea

I have China, S. Africa, S. Korea and Indonesia loaded as playable ATM so hopefully doing well in just Indonesia gets me a high enough rep to move on.

Small Update

I was having a good 2nd season with Kettering, top of the league coming into December then I was surprised by an offer of a job interview with Championship side Portsmouth. I went for it and I managed to get the job, so I basically leapfrogged 4 divisions lol.

Hopefully I can get on a good run with Pompey and get a better job somewhere else.   

1824091497_NewJob.thumb.png.1b405465e303c0e91a5447c397eda6ab.png

286624450_PompeyExpectations.thumb.png.dd63868445081a0589113c9912cef4a2.png

1669137823_PompeyExpectations2.thumb.png.a42feb8bb496906ded88b3961bc4f15d.png

The squad is decent and they are currently 19th in the league. Ilook forward to the challenge of making Pompey great again.

5 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Small Update

I was having a good 2nd season with Kettering, top of the league coming into December then I was surprised by an offer of a job interview with Championship side Portsmouth. I went for it and I managed to get the job, so I basically leapfrogged 4 divisions lol.

Hopefully I can get on a good run with Pompey and get a better job somewhere else.   

1824091497_NewJob.thumb.png.1b405465e303c0e91a5447c397eda6ab.png

286624450_PompeyExpectations.thumb.png.dd63868445081a0589113c9912cef4a2.png

1669137823_PompeyExpectations2.thumb.png.a42feb8bb496906ded88b3961bc4f15d.png

The squad is decent and they are currently 19th in the league. Ilook forward to the challenge of making Pompey great again.

Whilst it's good that you've got a bigger job, surely there must be a reputation thing happening as in real life would a manager who's spent 18 months or however long it is you've played go from Kettering to Pompey? I'd say doubt it, but good luck.

1 hour ago, bigmattb28 said:

Whilst it's good that you've got a bigger job, surely there must be a reputation thing happening as in real life would a manager who's spent 18 months or however long it is you've played go from Kettering to Pompey? I'd say doubt it, but good luck.

That is something in general that one has to take into consideration usually, although of course I don't know how much it applies this year.

It seems that some people who have started in a very low league, won everything in one season and promptly resigned, are actually in a worse position than at the start of the challenge.

And generally, in a challenge like this, you're going to resign a lot.

Vikeologist, you've done the treble. We love you. Never Go.

Wait, where did Vikeologist go?

3 hours ago, bigmattb28 said:

Does seem like a big jump. I have noticed that your manager is assigned tactical preferences on this years game. Im one season in and have "plays a possession based style" and "plays high pressing style of play". This may help get a better than expected job based on style of play maybe. 

Experimented with a few set ups and found it impossible to get a job in China, S. Korea, South and North America. However I have managed to get a role at S.African National Division Side TS Galaxy.  Sat in 15th place with 12 games played, the board expect a relegation battle, but with only 12 points between us and 3rd, anything is possible. 

I'm going to be giving this a go once the full game is released. Will probably look to start somewhere over in South America. Had great success with San Luis in Chilie back on fm14, so who knows maybe a return is on the cards. 

3 hours ago, bjwphneb said:

I'm going to be giving this a go once the full game is released. Will probably look to start somewhere over in South America. Had great success with San Luis in Chilie back on fm14, so who knows maybe a return is on the cards. 

I spent a year on holiday applying for every job and had 2 interviews. Seems impossible to start there this year.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTdlZboGqqXYQquR6s1qeD                               59cba2f949dee6e16afa7293a422cfd1.jpg

Season 2042/43

Barcelona and Brazil

Unlike with PSG, this time I've stayed on to try and win that elusive Club World Cup...

Suwon were our semi-final opponents, and were easily dispatched 2-0, with Joseph Nwankwo scoring both, and missing a penalty in between. That meant a victory over Boca would complete the domestic side of this challenge. That man Nwankwo starred again, grabbing the only goal and adding the final club trophy to my heaving trophy cabinet!

I was appointed manager of Brazil after the World Cup, having a choice of a range of South American nations all offering me jobs. Ultimately though, who can turn down the Selecao?

By now, it was all about the Copa America, the final trophy needed to complete this challenge. We were drawn in a group with Ecuador, Chile and Colombia. A comfortable 4-2 win over Ecuador was followed up by a drab 0-0 draw with Chile. We beat Colombia 2-1 to seal progression to the knockout stages. The game was tenser than it needed to be, simply because defeat would've seen us crash out of the competition, and would no doubt have seen me out of a job and waiting for another 4 years to have a crack at this trophy.

In the quarter finals, we thrashed Paraguay 3-0, and in reality it could, and probably should, have been a fair few more. This set up a Superclassico with Argentina, one of the teams I turned down to take the Brazil job. Less than 30 minutes in, and Argentina were down to 10 men. What happened next? That's right, the 10 men went 1-0 up, and that's how it remained...until the 74th minute when our pressure finally paid off with Souza nicking a goal. We then threw the kitchen sink at them, before a deflected shot put us in the final in the 89th minute!

Chile awaited, and unlike the Argentina game, we were in control and took the lead from the penalty spot on the stroke of half time. Our lead was doubled halfway through the second half, and even when Chile pulled a goal back with 6 minutes to go, I felt confident we would see it out, and we did. Copa America champions, but more importantly, the end of my second attempt at the Ultimate Football Manager Challenge, and a second completion!

Club
Season        Team             Position      Notes and Achievements
2016/17      Dungannon     9th            Irish Cup winners, Mid-Ulster Cup winners

2018            Sligo Rovers    1st             League winners!

2019            Tianjin              1st             League winners!

2020            Tianjin              8th            FA Cup winners! Champions League winners!

2021            Montreal         4th            League (MLS Cup) winners!

2022            Montreal         1st             Won MLS Supporters' Shield, currently in last 8 of NACL

2023            Montreal          N/A          NACL winners!

2023            Palmeiras        9th           Brazilian Cup winners!

2024/25      Ajax                  1st            League winners!

2025/26     Unemployed

2026/27     Orlando Pirates  8th      Took over with 10 games to go.

2027/28     Orlando Pirates  4th      SA Knockout Cup winners!

2028/29     Orlando Pirates   2nd    SA FA Cup winners!

2029/30     Orlando Pirates   1st     League Winners! SA FA Cup winners!

2030          Orlando Pirates    1st     Champions League winners!

2031          Unemployed

2031/32    Stoke                      17th   Left after two months five points clear of the drop zone

2031/32    West Ham              9th     FA Cup winners!

2032/33    West Ham              5th     Europa League winners!

2033/34    West Ham              1st     League winners!

2034/35    Juventus                 1st     League winners! FA Cup winners!

2035/36   Leverkusen             1st     League winners! FA Cup winners!

2036/37   Shakhtar Donestsk  1st   League winners! FA Cup winners!

2037/38   Unemployed

2038/39   Paris St Germain    1st     League winners! FA Cup winners! League Cup winners! Champions League winners!

2039/40   Unemployed       

2040/41   Unemployed

2041/42   Barcelona                1st    League winners! FA Cup winners! Champions League winners!

2042/43   Barcelona                N/A   Club World Cup winners!

Country

2021           Ivory Coast         Qualified for the World Cup

2022           Ivory Coast         World Cup quarter finalists. Quarter finalists in CHAN. Qualified for African Cup of Nations

2023          Ivory Coast         African Cup of Nations winners!

2024          Unemployed

2025          USA                     Qualified for World Cup

2026          USA                     Lost in World Cup Semi Final (finished 3rd). Upto 5th in the world

2027          USA                     North American Gold Cup winners!              

2028          USA                     World Cup qualification is going well

2029          USA                     Lost in Confederations Cup Semi Final (finished 4th)

2030         Unemployed

2031         South Korea       East Asia Cup winners!

2032         South Korea       Qualification for the World Cup is going well

2033         South Korea       Qualification for the World Cup is going well

2034         South Korea       Knocked out of the group stage of the World Cup

2035         South Korea      Asian Cup of Nations winners!

2036         Unemployed

2037         Italy                    Failed to get out of UEFA Nations League group. About to start qualification for World Cup.

2038         Italy                    World Cup winners!

2039         Italy                   Finished top of UEFA Nations League group. European Championship qualifiers have started well.

2040         Italy                   European Championships winners!

2041         Italy                   Confederations Cup winners!

2042         Unemployed

2043         Brazil                Copa America winners!

Challenge Progress

Club

10*/10 top domestic leagues - Republic of Ireland (Sligo), China (Tianjin), USA (Montreal), Netherlands (Ajax), South Africa (Orlando Pirates), England (West Ham), Italy (Juventus), Germany (Leverkusen), Ukraine ((Shakhtar Donetsk) - doesn't count towards the challenge), France (PSG), Spain (Barcelona)

10/10 domestic cups - Northern Ireland (Dungannon), China (Tianjin), Brazil (Palmeiras), South Africa (Orlando Pirates), England (West Ham), Italy (Juventus), Germany (Leverkusen), Ukraine (Shakhtar Donetsk), France (PSG), Spain (Barcelona)

5/5 club continental championships - Asian Champions League (Tianjin), NACL (Montreal Impact), African Champions League (Orlando Pirates), Europa League (West Ham), Uefa Champions League (PSG and Barcelona)

1/1 club world championship - Barcelona

International

5/5 continental tournaments - African Cup of Nations (Ivory Coast 2023), North American Gold Cup (USA 2027), Asian Cup of Nations (South Korea 2035).European Championships (Italy 2040), Copa America (Brazil 2043)

2/2 world tournaments - World Cup (Italy 2038), Confederations Cup (Italy 2041)

Giving this a try with the new game, started with Australia, England, Iceland, Romania, Scotland, Sth Africa and Wales and all international players. 

Lot's of jobs on offer at the start of the game and applied for just about all of them.  Was offered interviews with Dartford in the Van Sth League and Stenhousemuir in the Scottish 4th division. As I completed the Dafuge challenge in FM19 ive decided to start in Scotland.   

Had to take snips of the pics and forgot to take a screenshot of the game set up so hopefully this is ok.  If not let me know asap as ill need to start again.

Profile.thumb.JPG.b85d7c95968f10fe62a8e77fe51a7216.JPG980002708_Game__ultimatechallenge__Status.thumb.png.fbf7ece5a6b18ce67e601022f8b402db.png

UPDATE

I managed to get 12th in the league with Portsmouth, I applied for the Spurs and Wolves jobs at the end of the season but despite impressing them in the interviews they decided against hiring me but still didn't stop me getting a Premiership job.

So say hello the new manager of ......

1047954524_NewJob.thumb.png.f83cc3ee496a23e65c1cd5b91af59373.png

West Ham finished 8th in the league last season, I am hoping to get them into Europa or Champions League group stage by next season.

My Expectations are fair as well. I think I can achieve this, I am planning to stay at West Ham for a couple of seasons unless I get sacked or a top 4 team offers me a job.

996787214_Expectatons1.thumb.png.f265060904c9f2459aff44db172776b7.png

1827284477_Expectations2.thumb.png.705faeae139fccb62947964868caffae.png

Decent squad with players like Felipe Anderson, Pablo Fornals, Declan Rice, Vitinho and Haris Sefrovic.

I also got McTominley as well and signing Jude Bellingham from Birmingham so will have a really good young, British midfield that I can keep for the next few years at least.

97290616_WestHamSquad.thumb.png.7f1ad6e9911ed7a03c2cae0f5092d99f.png

@numero uno gunner Congratulations on your completion. To be honest it's been so long since someone did complete the challenge, I hope I can still remember how to update the Hall of Fame. Last time was September last year.

The version was FM19, right? You may well be the only person to complete the challenge on that version. (I mean, obviously you are so far).

Edited by vikeologist

1 hour ago, vikeologist said:

@numero uno gunner Congratulations on your completion. To be honest it's been so long since someone did complete the challenge, I hope I can still remember how to update the Hall of Fame. Last time was September last year.

The version was FM19, right? You may well be the only person to complete the challenge on that version. (I mean, obviously you are so far).

Don't Think Its FM19 Because He Started In The Season 2016-17. Think Its FM17 Starting In That Season.

Edited by pug 407
update

logo.jpg.16c72bfed3324f542c04ac12f5fc7699.jpg

Season 1 2019/20

Stenhousemuir FC (Scotland 4th tier)

Only spent a short time out of a job which meant I only missed one Betford cup game and some friendlies.  Played Hearts away which boosted the coffers but couldn't really compete against the teams in higher divisions. Started off well in the League undefeated in the first 8 games and then went on long win streaks after that to win the league relatively easily despite a 3 game slump without a win in March.

My reputation is now 1.5 stars and currently studying towards National A licence. A new first for me, 10 of my players made the team of the year.

Plan is to look for a new job in a more reputable league if the opportunity comes up.

Decided not to wait until the full release of the game after all so say hello to Scott Williams

Loaded up all of South America, South Africa and Mexico with all international players and players from clubs in all continental competitions. 

I let an RNG chose his nationality, and put all the attribute points into adaptability. Hopefully it won't take too many months of holidaying to land his first job.

Scott Williams 2019

Badge.png.543057ad3c3e5a2b8d5a1509bf19c5b6.png

Club de Deportes Copiapo

Schedule | League Table | Squad

Well that didn't take too long, after relaxing on the beaches of South America, Scott has landed his first job and is heading to Chile, taking charge of Deportes Copiapo (Los Leones). The club was founded in 1999 and is younger than Scott himself. They've never reached the top flight of Chilean football but have been qualifying for the play-offs in recent times. 

The Lions currently sit in 13th place with 6 games left of the season. Having drawn seven of their last ten, the first job will be ensuring they remain in the division, before rebuilding in the off-season.

There are some strong sides in the top flight of Chile however the country has not had a winner of the Copa Libertadores since 1991 (before The Lions were founded). Scott's plan will be to build his reputation in Chile by working his way up to the top flight before looking to land a move either in Argentina or Brazil in  order to really start competing on the continental stage.

1 hour ago, bjwphneb said:

Decided not to wait until the full release of the game after all so say hello to Scott Williams

Loaded up all of South America, South Africa and Mexico with all international players and players from clubs in all continental competitions. 

I let an RNG chose his nationality, and put all the attribute points into adaptability. Hopefully it won't take too many months of holidaying to land his first job.

I'm sorry, but the manager has to be 20 (or 19) at the start of the challenge.

21 minutes ago, vikeologist said:

I'm sorry, but the manager has to be 20 (or 19) at the start of the challenge.

Ah yes, I must have forgotten to change the year from my first managers profile. Scott will turn back the clock and return after another holiday to South America 

Scott Williams 2019 (again)

2069378265_NublenseBadge.png.30f374fa13f15dcf6375ee38bd32d604.png

Club Deportivo Nublense S.A.D.P

Squad | League Table

Turns out 20 year old Scott is pretty similar to his 22 year old counterpart. He too has taken to life in Chile and now finds himself managing one of the oldest clubs in Chile. Nublense (Los Diablos Rojos) founded in 1916 the club has had previous spells in the top flight. They finished the season in 13th place and for a side which is tipped for play-offs the fans will be hoping Scott can return the club to the top tier of Chilean football. 

Once again the plan is to move across the border once Scott is a more established manager. 

logo.thumb.png.c3b371d29e3b93ebed0aeb32797083e4.png

Game Set Up    Manager Profile    Appointment

Our first role is with South African National First Division side TS Galaxy. The job intrigued me as even though they were languishing in 15th place, they actually won the NedBank Cup in 2018/19 so I thought they must have a few decent players etc. Once appointed, I realised just how big a job this is going to be. A club struggling financially, with a bloated squad of average players, but a decent group of talented youngsters not being played. 

Season 1 - 2019/20

League Table    Play Off Table    Results    End Of Season Awards

I had expected to struggle after taking charge with 15 games to go sat in 15th placed. We almost performed a miracle, unbeaten in those 15 games saw us fly up and finish 3rd. This put us in the Play Offs, but these proved a step too far. We managed 4 draws, and finished bottom out of the 3 sides. 

Next Season

The board have cut the wage budget from £26k a week to £18k . The club needs a major squad reduction, but this is going to be quite a simple task. 95% of the players at the clubs contract expire this summer, so even though I wont be able to sell anyone, I will be able to slash the wage budget by a hefty amount. We should also be able to get a few decent youngsters in on loan and if we can keep or form going, should be in the promotion race next season. With the clubs finances being so poor, I am yet to start a coaching badge. 

Club Career

Leagues		Cups	
Season		Nation		Club		1st	2nd	1st	2nd	Cont.	CWC	Other Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019/20		South Africa	TS Galaxy	3rd	n/a	2nd Rnd	n/a	n/a	n/a	Lost in Play Offs.

International Career

Rank		Competitions
Year	Nation	Fifa	NL	World	Cont.	Conf.	Other Achivements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Challenge Progress

Club
0/10 Top Domestic Leagues
0/10 Top Domestic Cups
0/5 Continental Championshsips
0/1 Club World Cups

International
0/5 Continental Championships
0/2 World Tournaments 

@vikeologist - FM17. Yes, it's taken me a ridiculously long time, but I told myself I wouldn't buy another FM until I'd completed the challenge again! Total game time was 31 days, 17 hours and 29 minutes. So yeah, it's taken a while...

But, completed it twice, and already know I'll have another go on FM20 at some point. I'm also toying with having a go at the Dafuge challenge at some point as well, but I've enjoyed moving on to new clubs with this challenge.

logo.thumb.png.840bf028fc2855a535e844cbf655b362.png

Season 2 - 2020/21

Competitions

National First Division

Season Preview    Results 1    Results 2      League Table  

A loss in the first game was followed by 11 straight wins, and we never really looked like losing. In the end we managed to seal the title with 2 games and played some superb football along the way.

NedBank Cup

Results    11/04/2021     23/05/2021   

This team does love this competition. A second triumph in the clubs six year existence and we did it by beating some of the big guns along the way.  The above dates show the game when saved just to show there is no save/reload nonsense going on over here. Winning this has meant we qualify for the CAF Confederation Cup, effectively Africa's Europa League. This should provide the club with some much needed income as we currently sit £1.4m in the red even after our cup win. 

Playing Squad

Transfers    Playing Squad    End of season award    

After last seasons play off heartbreak, we had a busy summer of shifting the numerous dead wood at the club, re;easing 40 players in total, and bolstering the squad with some better players. I used the loan market wisely, and got some players who could easily play in higher leagues. We signed 10 players, spending only £5k but managed to balance the wage bill to stay within budget. 

Next Season

Manager Profile

After this season, I genuinely think that with the right additions, we can potentially challenge for the title. We have already agreed deals for 2 players who join on free transfers in the summer, and with the lure of continental football, should be able to snap up a few more. We have a young and talented team, with a few experienced players in the mix which gives the squad good balance. Add to that, they seem to fit my tactics perfectly. I will keep m eye out for bigger roles, as I still havent been able to start a coaching badge after 2 seasons of play. 

Club Career

Leagues		Cups	
Season	Nation		Division	Club		1st	2nd	1st	2nd	Cont.	CWC	Other Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019/20	S Africa	NFD		TS Galaxy	3rd	n/a	2nd Rnd	n/a	n/a	n/a	Lost in Play Offs.
2020/21	S Africa	NFD		TS Galaxy	1st	n/a	Win	n/a	n/a	n/a	League Winners, NedBank Cup Winners.

International Career

Rank		Competitions
Year	Nation	Fifa	NL	World	Cont.	Conf.	Other Achivements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Challenge Progress

Club
1/10 Top Domestic Cups		(S.Africa-NedBank Cup 21/22)
0/1 Club World Cups

International
0/5 Continental Championships
0/2 World Tournaments 

1/33

First Move - TS Galaxy to Mamelodi Sundowns

Appointment

On the back our success in the Cup, opponents Mamelodi Sundowns have sacked their manager, interviewed me and hired me within 3 weeks. This is a massive opportunity and one I couldn't turn down. A massive, historical club with multiple honours, this gives us a great chance to win some honours. The only negative is a 3rd placed finish last season means no Champions League football this year.

Edit: I was wrong, we are in the Champions League Preliminary draw. 

Edited by Lewis89

Been 2/3 seasons since I updated. 

After being given 5 games to save my job with Wolves, I had a couple of great years, including adding the CONCACAF Gold Cup with the USA and an FA Cup to the challenge counter. I then went across to Monaco, and in my first season managed to blow the title as it was in my hands with 4 games left, only to end up losing out to PSG by a point. I won the French Cup and Champions League in this season, but am super frustrated at the way the league ended as I'm having to stay another year here instead of moving on to Italy which will be my last league/cup requirement before I then try to secure the last 2 continental competitions and North American continental championship to finish the challenge!

Challenge Progress

Club

8/10 top domestic leagues - Singapore S-League 19/20 (Home Utd), K-League 2023,2024,2025 (Jeju), Portugal Liga NOS 26/27, 27/28 (Sporting Lisbon), Bundesliga 2029/30 (Bayern Munich), La Liga 2030/31 (Real Madrid), Argentinian Primera Division 2031/32 (River Plate), ABSA Premiership 2033/34 (Kaizer Chiefs), English Premier League 2036/37, 2038/39, 2039/40 (Wolves)

9/10 domestic cups - RHB Singapore Cup 18/19 (Home Utd), KFA Cup 2025 (Jeju), Taca de Portugal Placard 27/28 (Sporting), DFB-Pokal 28/29 (Bayern Munich), Copa Del Rey 2030/31 (Real Madrid), Nedbank Cup (SA) 2033/34 (Kaizer Chiefs), Toto KNVB Beker 2034/35 (Ajax), English FA Cup 2038/39 (Wolves), Coupe de France 2040/41 (AS Monaco)

4/5 club continental championships - AFC Champions League 2025 (Jeju), European Champions League 2028/29 (Bayern Munich) 2039/40 (Wolves) 2039/40 (AS Monaco), Copa Libertadores 2031/32 (River Plate), Orange CAF Champions League 2033/34 (Kaizer Chiefs)

1/1 club world championship – 2029/2030 (Bayern Munich), 2031/32 (River Plate)

International

3/5 continental tournaments – Euro 2028 (France), AFC Asian Cup 2034/35 (South Korea), CONCACAF Gold Cup 2039 (USA)

2/2 world tournaments – Confederations Cup 2029 (France), World Cup 2030 (France)

Other titles

New Paper League Cup 18/19, 19/20 (Home United)

AFC Cup 19/20 (Home United)

Hyundai A-League (Regular Season) 2020/21 (Melbourne Victory)

U23 Asian Games w/ South Korea 2022

U23 Pacific Games w/ New Zealand 2023

Taca de Liga Portugal 2027/28 (Sporting)

Supertaca Candido de Oliveira 27/28 (Sporting)

DFL Supercup 28/29 (Bayern Munich)

Supercopa de Espana 30/31 (Real Madrid)

Supercopa Argentina 2031/32 (River Plate)

Recopa Santander Sudamericana 2031/32 (River Plate)

Telkom Knockout 2033/34 (Kaizer Chiefs)

Orange CAF Super Cup 2033/34 (Kaizer Chiefs)

Be The Coach Challenge Cup 2033/34 (Kaizer Chiefs)

Johan Cruijff Schaal 2034/35 (Ajax)

English Charity Shield 2039/40 (Wolves)

English Carabao Cup 2039/40 (Wolves)

Screenshot 2019-11-11 at 12.47.13.png

Screenshot 2019-11-11 at 12.47.19.png

UPDATE

In my first season at West Ham I managed to get them 10th in the league but the board said that wasn't high enough and got rid of me.

I did manage to get the Mali national team job though so hopefully I can get the African Cup Of Nations ticked off quickly.

I have a reputation of 50% now so hopefully I will get a decent job somewhere. I will keep you posted.

856252875_InternationalJob.thumb.png.5d211234bdcb983d5f6114e88225e460.png

1530145994_ManagerProfileNow.thumb.png.245eb68b2c78b15b4e1c8de74c24b6c5.png

UPDATE PART 2

I managed to get the Aston Villa job after applying for months and getting no where, I do like that clubs tell you the reasons why they reject you now. For instance a team rejected me cos I didn't sign many over 30's players.

1802792514_NewJob.thumb.png.fe17657a52040b11de90b54c037e6bd5.png

Villa's expectations aren't too bad either, I work in their limits as I usually sign young players or use players from the youth system.

2039418073_ClubVision.thumb.png.c87b7a14762998ea0ddc9f5690bfe88b.png

1116435024_AstonVilla.thumb.png.d968493d4f26c67b1d88083374637a18.png

I also managed to qualify to the African Cup of Nations with Mali.

221581756_ACONQualification.thumb.png.87f52b80f9734ab91e82d590c18c03af.png

Been looking for a new way to play FM for this year's edition so I'm going to give this a go. My nameless 20 y/o Canadian manager is ready to conquer the world of football.

After starting in January 2019, I really did my best to be patient and get the best first job that I could. After holidaying until almost November and turning down multiple semi-professional clubs, I was offered the manager job at Knattspyrnufélagið Haukar in the Icelandic second division. While they're still a tiny club nobody's ever heard of, I think my patience paid off. They're fully professional and they have a 2,120 seat stadium built in 1992 (and rebuilt in 2011 apparently, never seen that before) with under soil heating and a perfect synthetic pitch. They have average training and youth facilities, adequate academy coaching and good youth recruitment. The finances aren't bad, about $50k in the red. They finished 7th out of 12 teams last season which runs from May-September and won three out of their last four matches, which suggests they're not dire for this level although they did flirt with relegation.

The squad is dominated by 19-21 y/o players with high potential but not a lot of current ability, although there are two fantastic senior players I'm hoping will come good next season. Staff are largely garbage and will need replaced if possible but they're all on one-year deals so I'll probably let them finish out to avoid paying buyouts. The club's vision is to avoid relegation from the second division this year and then work towards becoming a top-half team for the next 3-4 years. They're very insistent on working within the wage budget of $5,910 p/w, of which I have $230 p/w available.

I have quite a bit of time until the next season starts so I'm going to start scouting and see what's out there. I only have one real out-and-out striker and center-mid right now and way too many keepers and right backs, so that will need balanced out prior to next year.

Mini Update:

New appointment, have taken the job at Arbroath in the Scottish Championship so only really jumped one league. Last season they finished 4th narrowly missing the opportunity for back to back promotions via the play offs. 

The squad is quite bare so will need to completely start fresh as by the looks of it they over achieved last season. Plenty of budget to play with and have 450k pounds in the coffers. 

Media has us finishing fourth however the board are happy to remain in the league so should be able to keep them happy in the short term.

Scott Williams 2020

Club Deportivo Nublense

End of Season Review

1388380210_NublenseBadge.png.f0a631aa81874407f315c448cb9c0213.png

Competitions

Primera B

Season Preview | League Table | Past Positions | Results 1 2 

What a season Scott has had full of highs and lows. Scott's managerial style could be described as artistic; he just loves to draw. A stretch of SIX 1-1 draws in seven games combined with a 4-6 defeat (which contained 4 opposition penalties) put his job on the line. Never one to back down Scott turned it around and managed to secure a play off place with a draw against the team in seventh on the final day of the season. Next came the play-offs, by finishing 6th Nublense had to play three matches to secure promotion. The end of season form was forgotten and the players banded together to gain promotion up to the First Division. 

Copa Chile

Results

The cup doesn't favour teams in the lower leagues as the winners of the first round are drawn against a Frsit Division side in the second round, so Nublense crashed out failing to reach the board's third round expectation. 

Nublense

Transfers | Squad | Youth Squad | Awards

Scott inherited the foundations of a solid side, with good attackers and a few good defender to boast. With a limited wage budget and only being able to offer players £350p/w the players he could sign were limited in ability. He did secure the loan signing or Araujo (LB) who proved vital in the promotion campaign. The signing of Gonzales (CD) in June was cruical in suring up their defence. Escalante (ST) was the league's top scorer, netting 24 in 36. 

Away from the first team it turns out Nublense has one of the best youth recruitment networks in the country. This was documented by the fact that the U19s managed to finish runners up in the league after gaining promotion last season. 

Next Season

Manager Profile | Finances

Scott's been able to grow as a manager a lot this year, not only has he grown a fancy new tash in support of Movember, he's also about to start work towards his National C coaching licence. He has also been rewarded with a new one year contract but that won't stop him from applying for a new job. A few clubs who missed out on continental football have sacked their managers so we'll have to see if his phone starts to ring. 

The board have granted an astonishing £315K transfer budget and a £21Kp/w wage budget so there is definitely room to improve this squad should he find himself staying put for another year.

Personnel Career

Manager of the Year:
2020 (Runner up)

Career Earnings: £37K
---------------------------------------------------

Club Career

Season	NAT	Club		Division	Pos	Cup 1	Cup 2	Cont	CWC	Things to Note
2019		Unemployed					
2020	CHI	Nublense	Primera B	6th	R2	-	-	-	Playoff Winners, U19s Runners up in Div 1
----------------------------------------------------

Challenge Progress
0/33

Scott's on the Move: Nublense ---> Curico Unido

1268805415_CuricoUnido.jpg.fad6a4de0eb07e959944e9a68257518a.jpg

Manager Movement

After gaining promotion, Scott piqued the interest of a few First Division clubs in search of a new manager. Curico Unido looked the best opportunity for him. They finished 6th in the league, have some very talented players and will be looking to continue their rise with Scott at the helm.

This will be Scott's first run at continental football as they qualified for the Preliminary round of the CONMEBOL Sudamericana. They are competetive rivals with Nublense so i'm sure the fans will have something to say when they meet in the league. Also making the switch is star striker Escalante for £110K. The board have given him £510K to play with and a wage budget of £31Kp/w.

@darren1983

@yugular 

@Crispypaul

@thomas_e

@skogmus

@Danny_H22

I've cleared up the leaderboard, so if you're resisting the allure of FM20 and still doing your Ultimate saves, let me know. 

Of course, even if I have deleted you for now, you can easily be re-added to the elect should you return to the one true path.

Out of Character Update:  Im sure this is frowned upon but i'm going to have to reload the save to a previous point. I selected to create a B team but now that B team doesn't exist. I get asked if i want to send players to it and the game crashed. I'd also get lots of other random crashes happening, so i think that file is corrupt. Going to have to go back to where I get asked and select no. Fortunately this was only a month in game. Unfortunately that month was the transfer window and about 10 hours of gameplay. At least no competetive matches were played. Time to go again. 

I've reported the bug so hopefully this gets fixed before release

2 minutes ago, bjwphneb said:

Out of Character Update:  Im sure this is frowned upon but i'm going to have to reload the save to a previous point. I selected to create a B team but now that B team doesn't exist. I get asked if i want to send players to it and the game crashed. I'd also get lots of other random crashes happening, so i think that file is corrupt. Going to have to go back to where I get asked and select no. Fortunately this was only a month in game. Unfortunately that month was the transfer window and about 10 hours of gameplay. At least no competetive matches were played. Time to go again. 

I've reported the bug so hopefully this gets fixed before release

Stuff happens, especially in a challenge like this where stuff can go wrong.

if you can escape from challenge death by bug, you're more fortunate than some of us have been, so go for it.

18 minutes ago, vikeologist said:

Stuff happens, especially in a challenge like this where stuff can go wrong.

if you can escape from challenge death by bug, you're more fortunate than some of us have been, so go for it.

This was partly why I was going to wait for full release to start but no guarantee it would't have happened then too. Going to do my best to get the same players in as before

24 minutes ago, bjwphneb said:

This was partly why I was going to wait for full release to start but no guarantee it would't have happened then too. Going to do my best to get the same players in as before

I had to replay an entire season in the process of achieving the challenge.

One reason why I'd like to achieve the challenge 'clean' as it were, but twice my challenges have been rendered impossible.

I'm not suggesting your challenge is unclean now. I'm just saying that the nature of this challenge, and the length, makes navigating bugs just part of the challenge.

I'm sure there's lots of people who aren't as honest as you.

And as followers of this thread may realise, I think there was one person considerably less honest than you, or indeed everybody, and thus my occasional idiom, doing a ########.

That's a different idiom by the way than doing a Vike, which is variations on taking over teams immediately before they play a cup final.

Edited by vikeologist

15 minutes ago, vikeologist said:

I had to replay an entire season in the process of achieving the challenge.

One reason why I'd like to achieve the challenge 'clean' as it were, but twice my challenges have been rendered impossible.

I'm not suggesting your challenge is unclean now. I'm just saying that the nature of this challenge, and the length, makes navigating bugs just part of the challenge.

I'm sure there's lots of people who aren't as honest as you.

And as followers of this thread may realise, I think there was one person considerably less honest than you, or indeed everybody, and thus my occasional idiom, doing a ########.

That's a different idiom by the way than doing a Vike, which is variations on taking over teams immediately before they play a cup final.

It does feel less clean, like I've played the transfer window and know who I need to sign. Doing my best to only sign players I singed before and resist the temptation to go for players other teams signed on free transfers.

Like you say the obscure leagues are a bit of a minefield with bugs so just going to have to get on with it. 

On ‎13‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 07:37, vikeologist said:

@darren1983

@yugular 

@Crispypaul

@thomas_e

@skogmus

@Danny_H22

I've cleared up the leaderboard, so if you're resisting the allure of FM20 and still doing your Ultimate saves, let me know. 

Of course, even if I have deleted you for now, you can easily be re-added to the elect should you return to the one true path.

Thanks - I won't be going back to my FM19 save now with the FM20 full release not far away.  I don't think I'll be doing this challenge for FM20 but good luck to all those that do.

UPDATE

I won my first trophy winning the African Cup Of Nations with Mali.

Nice to get the first trophy out the way.

ACON.thumb.png.b1e392a6f1f9c6ba00daa2c9887cf6da.png

I managed to get 12th position in my first season with Aston Villa, hopefully now I have some silverware I will be able to get a top 4-6 team job in one of the top leagues.

Update Part 2 - I just took the Costa Rica job, hoping to tick off the International competitions as quickly as possible.

Challenge Progress

Club
0/10 Top Domestic Cups
0/1 Club World Cups

International
1/5 Continental Championships - African Cup Of Nations(Mali)
0/2 World Tournaments 
Edited by Ronaldo Beckham