Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

Football Manager 2016 - Official Beta Feedback

LOVE LOVE LOVE 'Team Instructions' on the tactic screen. Than you!

This. I think it's absolutely fantastic, thank you for making it more in-depth and intuitive. Really helps newbies and long-time players alike to understand exactly what the changes you're doing, "should" do.

Alright, so here goes:

When any player scores there is a tiny stutter just before they score, it was like this in FM15 too, but not until after an NVidia driver update.

Another in game issue is slight stuttering when the TV mode camera zooms out, however my FPS stays stuck at 60fps, it was not like this in FM15.

Specifications:

Windows 10 64-bit

Intel i5-4690k @ 4.2GHz (OC)

GTX 970 @ 1.4GHz core (OC - mem also OC'd but forgot whatever +400 mem results in)

120GB Kingston SSD (fairly recent)

2TB HDD (7200rpm)

16GB DDR3 ram (this **** is good ram too)

Anyway basically... my PC is..... more than you need for FM, I presume my issues are driver related with NVidia's recent drivers being absolute bollocks?

There's a thread in the bugs on this issue, to help SI can you please add your comments in here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/437417-Little-game-break-while-shooting-the-ball-to-score

I cannot remove players from my Unwanted list and Development List after selling/loaning them failed.

It is a known issue that the 'Remove' button isn't working on these lists at the moment.

However the user can still remove the player from the lists via 'Right Clicking' on a player name -> Transfer -> Remove From Unwanted/Development List.

The remove from list option is also present by via the Transfer Tab on a players profile.

Hope this helps whilst we work on the issue.

Cheers,

Ben

Hi!

Is the multithreading improved significantly in this years game? In the football manager 2015 benchmark thread the pentium g3258 (overclocked), the i3-4360 and the i5-4590 processors performed almost the same. I'm thinking about buying a new computer but I'm not sure if the i3 and i5 processors are worth the double and triple amount of money.

I've quickly skimmed this thread and can't see these 'issues' so:

1) How do you view all of the players in the average position Prozone option? Only 4 or 5 players out of the whole team (at most) are showing up

2) How do you view historical prozone stats for other teams? I can't find the option like in previous versions where it was under the analysis tab.

Apologies if these are daft questions...

I was looking forward to try the Create A Club mode. Everything seems OK but it is nearly impossible and takes hours to pick your squad. Number of available filters are very limited.

I was looking forward to try the Create A Club mode. Everything seems OK but it is nearly impossible and takes hours to pick your squad. Number of available filters are very limited.

Ideally, it would be worth listing what is needed/missing to help the picking process.

1) How do you view all of the players in the average position Prozone option? Only 4 or 5 players out of the whole team (at most) are showing up

Had the same after a match. It seems random: after some matches you see all your players, after some matches Prozone only displays a couple of them. Might be a bug, though I haven't been able to reproduce it consistently.

Hey,

I can't seem to work out how to show the average position of my whole team, doesnt anyone know how to get it working?

cheers

Optionally, you can bug it to heck ;)

If you rename the squad and then move on, and then back right out of it (when you've got the option to pick your squad), then it'll come up with the error message of 'cannot have the name of a real life club'

example: I renamed Arsenal to Hillbury (changed the nickname and the stadium name) - then went on to their squad page

decided to change my kit (cause I want hoops, rather than the default Arsenal kit), and change my manager profile (by pressing the back button) and couldn't progress to picking my squad after that

Hi Dave,

Could you let me know who you were managing when you encountered this. If you could also let us know what else you aren't liking then that would be great.

Cheers,

Ben

Hello,

I'm normally very positive about the game(s), but I've not had a great vibe from this one so far.

1) Managing Truro, and I can't find any staff at all, except for a couple of horrendous coaches. Even placing an advert isn't working. I chose a small database for this save to keep the transfer market more dynamic, but this seems to have removed any staff who would be interested in coming.

2) As mentioned previously, the player icons on the pitch on the tactics screen looks really ugly, but I'm sure some clever bod in the modding area will fix this, so hopefully no biggie.

3) The match stats screen is awful the way it's presented.

4) Talking of which, in my first pre-season friendly with Truro, it was 0-0 at half time with only the kick off as a highlight. Fair enough, I only have key highlights on, and there obv wasn't any real action. On checking the match stats screen at half time, I notice that the opposition had 100% possession (despite me having the kick off and passing it around the first few seconds)

5) I don't like the new team instructions. I accept this might just take getting used to, but I preferred the lists of instructions in their columns, it was clear and concise. This just seems to be a bit all over the place.

6) I don't like the new staff overview screen, it seems to serve no purpose other than to tell you how many coaches etc you have. None of the staff member's names are on that screen, so it requires a further click to get into that.

7) I also don't like the way the 'quick sub' feature in game now has your subs below your first team instead of at the side. This makes it awkward, particularly in my Serie A save I started where you have 12 subs. Having said that, I do like when you're dragging a sub to the first team, there's a suitability indicator - that's a good addition.

8) Touchline view in 3D seems to be hampered by the banner at the top, but again, I daresay skinners will be able to get round this. I've already switched back to 2D now anyway, so it's no great hardship on a personal level.

That's just off the top of my head, I'm sure much of it will just be getting used to it, but the last two editions, I've loved right off the bat. Taking longer to feel the love for this one so far, although I've not gone that deep into it so far. I'll play a good chunk of it tonight.

Cheers.

One of my players went down and another put the ball in touch, when the other side threw the ball down the line, it just stopped at the side of our pen field, but right on the touch line.

Then my keeper in that weird duck walk, EXTREMELY slowly walked toward the ball, after a minute of this the two teams ran into my box, while my GK continued his slow duck walk, finally arriving and now he is standing on top of the ball, while all the outfield players is standing inside my pen area and the time just pass.

Optionally, you can bug it to heck ;)

If you rename the squad and then move on, and then back right out of it (when you've got the option to pick your squad), then it'll come up with the error message of 'cannot have the name of a real life club'

example: I renamed Arsenal to Hillbury (changed the nickname and the stadium name) - then went on to their squad page

decided to change my kit (cause I want hoops, rather than the default Arsenal kit), and change my manager profile (by pressing the back button) and couldn't progress to picking my squad after that

Could you create a thread here please:

http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/511-Create-a-Club-amp-Fantasy-Draft-Mode-Issues

This is exactly the sort of method of testing that will reveal a load of bugs and it will be really handy for SI to have a series of steps to follow to reproduce the issue.

Is there a guide for the Create a Club feature? I was hoping it would be a bit more intuitive. The kit selection screen, for example, is confusing because you can't actually see the shirt during the design process. Likewise, the relationships option - I assume the 100 is a level of like / dislike but it isn't explained and why can't you just select the rival club etc. from a drop down menu rather than type it in?

This could be very cool but, for someone entirely new to the editor element of the game, it's quite confusing.

How am I actually meant to view the tips? I click the yellow circle and all it does is fly off to the top right of the screen and not actually show me anything

How am I actually meant to view the tips? I click the yellow circle and all it does is fly off to the top right of the screen and not actually show me anything

Some of them will stay. I'm guessing that it will work ok in the full game.

It is frustrating though.

Is there any way to add photo to manager profile , as in FM15, or are we now limited to customisable touch line manager creation?

Is there a guide for the Create a Club feature? I was hoping it would be a bit more intuitive. The kit selection screen, for example, is confusing because you can't actually see the shirt during the design process. Likewise, the relationships option - I assume the 100 is a level of like / dislike but it isn't explained and why can't you just select the rival club etc. from a drop down menu rather than type it in?

This could be very cool but, for someone entirely new to the editor element of the game, it's quite confusing.

the kit design should be changeable (to something like hoops/ stripes/ checks/ whatever) but it isn't working - SI are aware of it

the number is the scale of the like/dislike

obviously a fierce rival is going to have a 100 rating for rivalry (Boca River - Celtic Rangers - Barca RealMadrid - Liverpool ManU, that type of thing)

whereas the lower number means that it's not as intense (Chelsea WestHam) that still draws a crowd or gets the fans up

This would be a good one to raise in the UI bugs forum.

uploaded as a bug Miravlix?

Not even sure I can save, the game is stuck, unless I wait 30 min to half time?

Edit: Err. 45ish mins, it happened just as the game got started.

Update - some of them work when you hover over them the pop up box appears with the tip but others nothing happens when you highlight it, and when you click it then it vanishes

Regardless of the size of the database, if you start a game with no scouts at your club, and when you search for one, there is none available, it renders a lower league save pointless. I've never experienced that in all the years I've been playing lower league saves on FM

This would actually be a significant improvement in realism. In real life, teams at that level simply do not have scouts. What they have is other staff members doing scouting, which you can now do in FM16 via the secondary role feature.

Now, I suspect this isn't what's happening in your game given later posts (small game world, remoteness of Truro etc), but it would actually be a better way to do it. All Conference South/North teams with scouts looks so wrong when they just don't have them IRL.

Is there any way to add photo to manager profile , as in FM15, or are we now limited to customisable touch line manager creation?

I'm not in game right now, but is it not in preferences?

Edit: Yep, Preferences > Interface, bottom right.

As well as being possible during the actual creation page - the button to the left of the three faces

I thought that I clicked on all buttons when creating first save but didn't seem to have photo option. Will have to try again. Presumably you are referring to buttons when going through customise touch line manager character.

Not being able to have an AM (attack) and a complete forward (support) in the same tactic without their boxes overlapping is annoying - I may have to restrict my tactics to those which are aesthetically pleasing.

Not being able to have an AM (attack) and a complete forward (support) in the same tactic without their boxes overlapping is annoying - I may have to restrict my tactics to those which are aesthetically pleasing.

There's a very good reason that they overlap ... nice visual representation of how they are impeding each other on the pitch in game too...

There's a very good reason that they overlap ... nice visual representation of how they are impeding each other on the pitch in game too...

Huh??? A Complete Forward/S has roam from position, how would he interfere with an AM/A, he would be running around the AM/A trying to get in position to get the ball to pass to the AM/A.

Huh??? A Complete Forward/S has roam from position, how would he interfere with an AM/A, he would be running around the AM/A trying to get in position to get the ball to pass to the AM/A.

They can (and will) still occasionally occupy the same space, hence their proximity on the tactics screen.

Ideally, it would be worth listing what is needed/missing to help the picking process.

I personally prefer all filters available in player search screen in order to create the optimal squad, but still if I prioritize;

• Being able to pick multiple position
  • Home grown status
  • Budget value

Just played my first match in a lower league save. I'm at halftime with key highlights on - No highlights at all, and the match stats show no shots on goal by either team, and the opposition have had 100% possession - surely that's not even possible? Particularly as I kicked off?

Hi Dave, can you post that example here please, with a PKM if possible: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/505-Match-Engine-Issues

I thought that I clicked on all buttons when creating first save but didn't seem to have photo option. Will have to try again. Presumably you are referring to buttons when going through customise touch line manager character.

w7TleHH.png

Finally... Fm16beta is ON.

I cant get past the fact about that you cant pic the damn color of the tie. I want to be able to have my clubs colors and the tie DO represent the club for some managers. Anoying! The face-editor is just too much. Its not sims :)

Alright, so here goes:

When any player scores there is a tiny stutter just before they score, it was like this in FM15 too, but not until after an NVidia driver update.

Another in game issue is slight stuttering when the TV mode camera zooms out, however my FPS stays stuck at 60fps, it was not like this in FM15.

Specifications:

Windows 10 64-bit

GTX 970 @ 1.4GHz core (OC - mem also OC'd but forgot whatever +400 mem results in)

2TB HDD (7200rpm)

Anyway basically... my PC is..... more than you need for FM, I presume my issues are driver related with NVidia's recent drivers being absolute bollocks?

Can you report these issues here please Jordan: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/505-Match-Engine-Issues

I like the that the staff screen shots you how good your staff are in comparison to other clubs in your league.

I don't like the tactics screen though I'm sure it'll be moddets to the rescue a usual.

I cant get past the fact about that you cant pic the damn color of the tie. I want to be able to have my clubs colors and the tie DO represent the club for some managers. Anoying! The face-editor is just too much. Its not sims :)

The tie colour will match the club you're at - we understand it's not totally clear that's the case when creating your manager.

is there a certain format that the 'profile pictures' work in

I've tried looking in folders that I know there are pictures in (okay, it's tourist-y photos) and it doesn't work

unless there's a facial recognition thing for it? in which case, wow

edit:

for 388, I kinda hate it, as I've got the compulsive obsession with trying to be the best in the league (annoying with Inter's scouts in SerieA)

and is it for all coaches, or just those that do that role (so fitness is solely fitness coaches, or all coaches)

I have a *feeling* that the tie colour in the initial set up screen is not the same as is actually used in-game. I think it automatically uses the club colours in game, but that could be pure fantasy.......

Maybe someone from SI can confirm.

EDIT - Bah! Brocky has already done it!

One of my players went down and another put the ball in touch, when the other side threw the ball down the line, it just stopped at the side of our pen field, but right on the touch line.

Then my keeper in that weird duck walk, EXTREMELY slowly walked toward the ball, after a minute of this the two teams ran into my box, while my GK continued his slow duck walk, finally arriving and now he is standing on top of the ball, while all the outfield players is standing inside my pen area and the time just pass.

Thanks Miravlix, this is a known issue and one we're working on. Thanks.

I have a *feeling* that the tie colour in the initial set up screen is not the same as is actually used in-game. I think it automatically uses the club colours in game, but that could be pure fantasy.......

Maybe someone from SI can confirm.

EDIT - Bah! Brocky has already done it!

That is correct, it will use the club's primary colour.

Making someone 4"11 and 150kg makes them a mere fraction of the fatness and general weight of someone who is 6"11 and 150kg, when really one expects they might be of similarish mass (subject to differing tissue densities)

Edit - scrap that actually I'm glad devs focused on making decent football sim rather than body proportions sim

Got a bug here. Just went on holiday for two seasons and ran 6 leagues all in full detail. At the end of each season I looked at the stats and it appears that not a single striker in any of these leagues was sent off.

So effectively this means the new match engine isn't allowing strikers to get red cards? That's two full seasons with 6 leagues of minimum 38 games and not a single red card for a striker in any of them

Hi Johnjo, sounds like a bug to me. Could you post as much info as possible in a new thread here please: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/505-Match-Engine-Issues

Alright, so here goes:

Specifications:

Windows 10 64-bit

2TB HDD (7200rpm)

I had this in the last 2 previous versions, I was able to fix it by changing the FPS in the match preference screen.

Try changing the setting to either 'automatic' or to fixed at '60fps'.

It seems this fix has helped others in the past, although some users noticed no change.

I don't have FM16 to try it out but it is worth a go.

I can't return on main manu.

I have only touch option for restart carrer.... why?

Is it possible try full game?

I've quickly skimmed this thread and can't see these 'issues' so:

This has been mentioned earlier in this thread, but I can't see that it has been adressed. It's either a bug or I can't get my head around this prozone feature.

Hi!

Is the multithreading improved significantly in this years game? In the football manager 2015 benchmark thread the pentium g3258 (overclocked), the i3-4360 and the i5-4590 processors performed almost the same. I'm thinking about buying a new computer but I'm not sure if the i3 and i5 processors are worth the double and triple amount of money.

We have improved multithreading,some of the ai shortlisting is now threaded, on bigger games it has a bigger impact.

This has been mentioned earlier in this thread, but I can't see that it has been adressed. It's either a bug or I can't get my head around this prozone feature.

Yeah there's still some UI issues with the feature - I'd suggest raising specific issues or queries here please - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/509-User-Interface-Issues

Thanks.