Football Manager 2016 - Official Beta Feedback

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just played my first match in a lower league save. I'm at halftime with key highlights on - No highlights at all, and the match stats show no shots on goal by either team, and the opposition have had 100% possession - surely that's not even possible? Particularly as I kicked off?

Martial still has significantly low attributes. See here http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=543562000 - he has 2.5* CA. Should be at the very least 3.5*, or 4-4.5* CA - he is consistently one of the best players in the team.

If you think there is an error with data, post it in the correct thread .. you know this.

http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/504-Database-and-Research-Issues

Played through preseason and I must say that FM16 looks and feels absolutely amazing. ME is just fantastic and considering it's a beta release..wow!

UI is great,looks great and the game in general runs super smooth.

Very very good job SI!

he is consistently one of the best players in the team.

You've not played a game yet, so he's not played for the club yet, so how can he be 'consistently one of the best players in the team'? Also, the star ratings are relative to the rest of the squad. His actual attributes look fine to me.

Played through preseason and I must say that FM16 looks and feels absolutely amazing. ME is just fantastic and considering it's a beta release..wow!

UI is great,looks great and the game in general runs super smooth.

Very very good job SI!

What about the transfers???

Overall at first glance I'm really impressed by how smooth everything is. I've had a couple of hours playing with Spurs where I know the players and seems great apart from one or two data issues (Pritchard a better free kick taker than Eriksen? Fazio a "quality player"?) After three matches the only odd thing I noticed in matchplay was a fullback booting the ball out for a corner when there was no-one near him, but even then it was Kyle Walker, so entirely plausible.

It was the Third!

Look back and you will see.

First season doesn't really count as most teams have their squads and reduced transfer budgets as a result. So you'll have to simmer down and wait until more people get beyond the first window.

That said, things picked up on deadline day with Chelsea spending 60 million, liverpool 10, Man Utd 34, but most others barely spending or not at all

Looks like the cracks are starting to show :lol:
This is a feedback thread, not an infer from others & make sweeping statements thread.

Can you also stop asking about transfer. I'm sure there will be plenty of feedback & opinions once folk have a season or two under their belts.

• SI Staff
AI has sacked a manager I'm 2 days into my save

If you think it is an issue raise a bug here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/506-Other-Gameplay-Issues

But as others have mentioned the Norwegian league will be under way at that point so could be a valid sacking especially as poor league position is mentioned in the news item. Are the team doing poorly in the league?

You've not played a game yet, so he's not played for the club yet, so how can he be 'consistently one of the best players in the team'? Also, the star ratings are relative to the rest of the squad. His actual attributes look fine to me.

I'm talking about real life - almost 2 months passed since his arrival. He was consistently one of the best players in the team in these 2 months.

Yes, he is as good or better than the rest of the squad, that's why he should be 4*, not 2.5*. (2.5* means benchwarmer, not best player) (We can continue it on United data forum)

First season doesn't really count as most teams have their squads and reduced transfer budgets as a result. So you'll have to simmer down and wait until more people get beyond the first window.

That said, things picked up on deadline day with Chelsea spending 60 million, liverpool 10, Man Utd 34, but most others barely spending or not at all

Cheers..that was all I was asking about on the Forum.

This is a feedback thread, not an infer from others & make sweeping statements thread.

Can you also stop asking about transfer. I'm sure there will be plenty of feedback & opinions once folk have a season or two under their belts.

It's the pivotal part of FM IMHO but...I wait the Feedback!

I wasn't making make sweeping statements and I was making my point about Transfers (Asking if it's improved?)...
The post below is a sweeping statement, I'm still not sure what you were trying to infer with it & we'd really like to keep this thread on track with feedback from those who are playing the Beta. You'll get your chance when the demo goes live.
Looks like the cracks are starting to show :lol:

• Administrators
I entered all the information bits and clicked outside of the text and I still couldn't get past the changing names bit, All I could do was go back to the choose your team to replace screen.

Please report this in the bugs forum

Still early days , and dont forget people its in BETA there are bound to be bugs, but I just wanted to say very well done to SIGames, Im in the early stages of my Man Utd save, but am loving the changes I've noticed so far.

Kudos SI , a good job all round (so far).

Martin

Is the option to turn off attribute masking (until scouted) still available?

I have searched in all the obvious places and the 'online manual' button at the start screen just sends me to Sega to pre-order the game.

Appreciate any help with this. Cheers!

Same place as in fm15 ... when starting a new game, and on the nation picking screen, you'll see the advanced options drop down section at the bottom of the screen.

see here: https://i.gyazo.com/fbe3ad07f04b4e6691879ec15bdf60dc.png

I've holidayed for a season and taken over a previously unplayable team.

I have no coaching staff.

Is that what you would expect or have I done that myself when setting up?

Good luck finding anyone. I've started a lower league save, and there are NO scouts available. That along with other stuff I'm not liking, and I'm thinking of sacking this off already and starting a new save with a bigger club.

I've holidayed for a season and taken over a previously unplayable team.

I have no coaching staff.

Is that what you would expect or have I done that myself when setting up?

Normal for previously unplayable teams unless they had staff assigned to them, there is an option to add key staff upon setting up the game though.

Big enough database etc?

Regardless of the size of the database, if you start a game with no scouts at your club, and when you search for one, there is none available, it renders a lower league save pointless. I've never experienced that in all the years I've been playing lower league saves on FM

As someone who has been playing FM13 for years (even this week).

The mouse 4 and 5 buttons (forward and back on side of mouse) still dont consistantly trigger every press. Has been like this in every FM game for as long as i can remember.

I dislike the blocks instead of shirts on the tactic screen. Looks ugly and out of place. And its the only place that it replaces the shirts which makes it seem very out of place.

Minor issue but i really dislike the steam FM logo, Yellow FM on red circle....thats ugly :)

In matches I have been using the Main stand camera for years, but i really like the new ProZone camera angle, using that now.

Good luck finding anyone. I've started a lower league save, and there are NO scouts available. That along with other stuff I'm not liking, and I'm thinking of sacking this off already and starting a new save with a bigger club.

I have just got my President on the job and after only 2 days he has already got me an Ass Man. :thup:

Thanks so much Welshace.

It's been a long time since I started a new game and I've been dancing through the Preference screens for ages trying to locate this. I wasn't aware it was accessed from a pulldown menu in FM15 - you learn something new every day.

Thanks again!

Happy to help

Not really a bug, but that player/squad promise feature needs tweaking.

I started as Inter and sold 5 of my players, 4 defenders. Bought 4 new players. All at around the same time in June.

I sold 4 defenders I didn't need and Handanovic was unhappy about "lack of squad depth in area of defense". I actually signed one more defender and went up to total of 8, but I signed him before he even complained.

Transfer window in leagues where my sold players left starts on 9th of June, so my current players left before new ones arrived. Italy window opens on 1st of July.

In the game's eyes I basically didn't keep his ridiculous promise because I didn't sign any new players after he asked for it, even if they joined after his request that happened mid-June.

Now after the window closed he's unhappy, also running out of contract at the end of the season.

Since I couldn't offer the new one during the "promise trial", now he's unhappy and only two options I had were "to cash im in" or "let him rot in reserves".

Ridiculous. There's no option of suggesting him to believe in his manager's decisions about squad or something similar.

Something I REALLY don't like is that when I go to save the game, it blurs out the background so I can't see what the game date is, and that's what I name the save. :thdn:

Ok. If that was bad, this bit is horrendous.

I nickname every single player at my club and many others who are not at the club.

As soon as you press the nickname button, the screen behind goes blurry, (just as it does when saving).

I know it might not sound like a big deal, but this is huge for me. It's a bloomin disaster. :herman:

What's worse is that it doesn;t serve a purpose. :(

Maybe I'm just missing it, but on the screen where you offer a contract to a player, it no longer shows on that screen your remaining wage budget so you can judge whether his wage demands are going to be acceptable for your team. I'm sure it used to show this on FM15

• Administrators
I'm finding it headache inducing sadly. I think the font isn't helping. Some of the writing is unbelievably small.

Have you tried using the zoom options in the in-game preferences?

Archived