Football Manager 2016 - Official Beta Feedback

2nd Pref Formation.

If I look at the Barnet Ass Man Gary Waddock, it says that his preferred formation is 442. It also says that hia 2nd preferred formation is 4123 DM Wide.

That's excellent.

Now if I look at the Barnet HoYD, (it's a regen staff member), his preferred formation is 4123 DM Wide, but his 2nd preferred formation is also 4123 DM Wide. It's the same!

Just so we know this isn't just restricted to regen staff, if we look at Graham Stack, his preferred formation is 4411, but his 2nd preferred formation is also 4411.

So I have a couple few questions.

1. Is this a bug that needs reporting?

2. Does the staff member in question just not have a 2nd favourite formation, (and I need to suggest that instead it is left blank rather than duplicated)?

I've seen a few staff like the, but assumed it indicates someone who rigidly sticks to the same formation whatever the situation.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arghh...

I wish SI would do something with the transfer system in the game.

Have a player (first team regular) who's wanted by a number of clubs, he's valued at £5.5m. I have his asking price set to £25m and he isn't transfer listed. So what happens? a team bids £4.3m up front with a further £1m over the next 12 months (so less than his market value).

Really? Yet when we try to buy a key player from CPU teams we get told a stupid number for the fee.

And to make it worse I now have a unhappy player asking for a new contract when he still has 4 years left on his current deal, he then asks for a £10k p/w wage rise.

Its really annoying that they haven't done anything to sort this out in the game.

Oh and a couple of days later I get a £4m (un-negotiable) bid from PSG for a player valued at £4m who has a asking price set to £20m.

Pathetic.

Is there anyway to adjust the impact of relegation on teams? While my sample may only be small I seem to experience complete melt down at clubs when they are relegated with almost every player wanting to leave. While I completely get that morale would be low and there are always players who want to leave either because they are mercenary, or because of their international ambitions etc. it is usually a small handful rather than the entire team.

Now my caveat to that is if teams start to come in for them and then of course their head might be turned but if I think of teams that have gone down (Norwich 2 seasons ago, Hull last year) yes they lost a couple but the majority stayed ready to put the wrong right. Of course players might be unhappy but it just feels too much towards catastrophe right now.

Obviously thats for the majority of expected to be relegated teams; if Bournemouth went down I would expect to see some of their brightest players (matt ritchie, callum wilson etc. linked with other teams) where as if Newcastle went down then I would expect to see quite a lot of them ask to and want to leave!

• SI Staff
Arghh...

I wish SI would do something with the transfer system in the game.

Have a player (first team regular) who's wanted by a number of clubs, he's valued at £5.5m. I have his asking price set to £25m and he isn't transfer listed. So what happens? a team bids £4.3m up front with a further £1m over the next 12 months (so less than his market value).

Really? Yet when we try to buy a key player from CPU teams we get told a stupid number for the fee.

And to make it worse I now have a unhappy player asking for a new contract when he still has 4 years left on his current deal, he then asks for a £10k p/w wage rise.

Its really annoying that they haven't done anything to sort this out in the game.

Oh and a couple of days later I get a £4m (un-negotiable) bid from PSG for a player valued at £4m who has a asking price set to £20m.

Pathetic.

We are working on some changes thanks to some constructive feedback we have received since the release of the pre-release beta.

Would be interested in having a look at your save if you have one from before the bids were made.

If you wanted to add your examples to the below thread on the issue in the bugs forum then that would be great.

- http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/439011-Small-offers-on-players-with-high-asking-price

We are working on some changes thanks to some constructive feedback we have received since the release of the pre-release beta.

Would be interested in having a look at your save if you have one from before the bids were made.

If you wanted to add your examples to the below thread on the issue in the bugs forum then that would be great.

- http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/439011-Small-offers-on-players-with-high-asking-price

Sadly I dont have a save before the bids were made. I use the single save feature and save it weekly.

Glad that its being looked at, although its not something that has just happened in this beta, its happened for years in the game when the CPU wants to get your key players for buttons but you have to pay through the nose for one of theirs.

Another thing I have notice is that Tyrone Mings can be bought for £500k from Bournemouth in the summer of the 2nd season. They just bought him this summer for £7.5m, that seems pretty strange.

Another thing I have notice is that Tyrone Mings can be bought for £500k from Bournemouth in the summer of the 2nd season. They just bought him this summer for £7.5m, that seems pretty strange.

Again, if you can upload your save and report it, SI can take a look.

For years, a winger (for me right now it's Depay) cutting in and shooting from 40 yards is seen as a 'key' highlight. I really think this should be changed. They never go in, and there's always at least 3/4 a match.

If you have PKM examples, please report it.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/440367-16-0-2-FM-Off-target-long-shot-while-Highlights-mode-is-set-to-Key

I'm not sure if this is a bug or simply a change:

My scouts seemingly forget scouted countries.

First I thought I was a sign of my age but I'm quite sure that often a scouted country complete disappears in the scout knowledge window.

Am I the only one with this strange behaviour?

This is also rather strange.

After my first season with Gent and a nice transfer budget increase I was at the lookout for new players.

Strangely if I search - even in countries with a complete scouting knowledge - I find almost only non-eu player and regens.

For example if I look a the player listing of Partizan I can see only 3 serbian players and it's the same at every other club.

If I search for scandinavian players in Norway or Sweden it's the same.

Of 50 players only a handful is swedish or norwegian.

What does the mentality box in the player's tactics screen exactly stand for?

At first, I thought it was some kind of visual return to the sliders. But then I noticed that the mentality value changes dramatically when you change the role of, let's say, a full-back, even when your team shape is 'very fluid', where all mentalities are/(were?) the same, or when you're 'very structured', where the mentalities are/(were?) very close together.

Is that just an interface bug - or has the mentality ladder changed?

What I like is the fact that players now get named in 'team of the week' in a MR strata even though they play in OML or OMR! This always bugged me in the previous versions of FM. My star player plays in the OML strata, and since my nations 'team of the week' formation is a 4-4-2 he never got included. He now does, even in the oposite position, thank you SI!

Yeah, in preferences, you can set a photo instead.. or when creating a new game, you'll see a button under your managers face in the create-manager section where you can upload one.

I did this when my daughter laughed at the manager persona I'd created :lol:

The background is blurred as the user should be concentrating on the forefront pop-up, as they will be interacting with this. The user's eye shouldn't be looking/distracted by the background image or text.

I agree in general, but is it maybe blur can be made not so aggressive so it's possible to read background if needed? For example I try to start with different clubs/nations and right after start I have to save the game. It would be logical to name the game the same as the club name (the pity FM think otherwise and suggest "untitled") but very often I forget what club I clicked this time, so instead of reading background I have to give some weird name. There are many other situations where reading background can be usefull. Idealy there should be slider in preferences to define amount of blur, but hardcoded readable blur will also be nice.

Is there anyway to adjust the impact of relegation on teams? While my sample may only be small I seem to experience complete melt down at clubs when they are relegated with almost every player wanting to leave. While I completely get that morale would be low and there are always players who want to leave either because they are mercenary, or because of their international ambitions etc. it is usually a small handful rather than the entire team.

Now my caveat to that is if teams start to come in for them and then of course their head might be turned but if I think of teams that have gone down (Norwich 2 seasons ago, Hull last year) yes they lost a couple but the majority stayed ready to put the wrong right. Of course players might be unhappy but it just feels too much towards catastrophe right now.

Obviously thats for the majority of expected to be relegated teams; if Bournemouth went down I would expect to see some of their brightest players (matt ritchie, callum wilson etc. linked with other teams) where as if Newcastle went down then I would expect to see quite a lot of them ask to and want to leave!

This is very true

Another linked issue is if you let a player who wants to leave go but no one wants him the squad report to you saying they are unhappy you are not letting him go etc- have reported

It certainly needs looking at

On FM Classic, it defaults to important attributes if that makes you feel any better. :p

However, it's not that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things, is it? It's just a simple click to get that info, it's not like you're having to go to a totally different screen and back again.

This is not a bug or mistake of the game I am reporting. It is such a discomfort and unnecessary waste of time. Just imagine how many times we use that 'A simple click' the whole game?! To be honest I am sure I use it thousands time per year since I like to spend time on young players progress and check them every month in tactic screen and which role and duty is becoming best them. I simply don't understand why is it too hard to fix this? Why can't we just play the game more practical and convenient way while we can? Just defaults to 'Important Attributes' instead of 'Description' that's it!

Have a potential issue with Tottenham stadium move,

2017 gets announced and we move to Wembley for 17/18 season

2018 move in to New White Hart Lane but through the 18/19 season we play league games at WEmbely and cup/euro games at New White Hart Lane

Seems odd that I got paid 600K Euro for a friendly with the Algeria MC Alger team.

FC Twente, Second Season 7 week pre-season and if I set up a friendly in the middle of the second week two teams is in the list wanting to pay me 600K for an away match. Dortmund only pays me 350K.

I cant seem to get the average position for my team most of the time.

What I mean is that some matches, when I go to view the average position screen during the match only a few players positions are shown. For example I may only see the average position of my CB and LB and not the whole team. Is this meant to happen? am I doing something wrong? or is it a bug?

Other than that I am really enjoying fm16 so far!!!!!

New game, same old problem... damn even back ups want to leave for first team football. Problem is old and its ruining the game.

I hope devs take notice of this because its sickening to have every turn and have players complaining.

Back ups complaining

Players returning from long term injuries complaining

Full squad rotation after a long series of games and first team players complaining

First team players starting 8 out of 10 games complaining

In my save, where I play in England, the results in Belarusian Highest League are very weird. I have Belarusian Highest League loaded as playable.

jFL4pIT.jpg

These are on 15 Aug 2015 in-game, 70% of the first season done

It's very far from reality.

In reality, BATE won the league again, for the 10th time in a row, 12 points adrift of the second place.

Here are the real results of 2015 season, from wikipedia:

ythjozB.jpg

Basically, the balance is very much off.

Granit can't be top of the league, they are mid-table team. Vitebsk is a relegation-battle team, no chance for the top half.

BATE won the league and was the clear favorite (and is favorite for the next year), with Dinamo Minsk the only realistic competitor. (BATE lost only once, to Dinamo). In game, it's much weaker than it should be. (or other teams are too strong?).

New game, same old problem... damn even back ups want to leave for first team football. Problem is old and its ruining the game.

I hope devs take notice of this because its sickening to have every turn and have players complaining.

Back ups complaining

Players returning from long term injuries complaining

Full squad rotation after a long series of games and first team players complaining

First team players starting 8 out of 10 games complaining

Have a read through the thread below where a user complained about the same thing and uploaded a save for people to have a look. I'm not trying to be rude about it, but my impression is that it's fairly easy to manage and if it's not you should rather be trying to understand why it's happening and how to avoid it.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/436161-Reduce-player-complaints-in-fm16-Y-N-Poll

Not sure if its a bug or not but every game that bubble in the top right corner that asks about make changes and such during the game when i click on make changers sometimes a few mins later i have to click make changes again and then a few mins later do it again... I even pause it click on make changes and it still comes up.

a>

as you can see in that link there is nothing showing in the first few minutes where i have to make changes and what not after i clicked on make changes

thats at 45:10 minute mark

now at 46:45 min mark i have this

a>

I don't want to be a pain but it a pain in the behind when i have to click make changes over a million of times where as in FM15 u click it once and it goes away and doesnt come back

This is also rather strange.

After my first season with Gent and a nice transfer budget increase I was at the lookout for new players.

Strangely if I search - even in countries with a complete scouting knowledge - I find almost only non-eu player and regens.

For example if I look a the player listing of Partizan I can see only 3 serbian players and it's the same at every other club.

If I search for scandinavian players in Norway or Sweden it's the same.

Of 50 players only a handful is swedish or norwegian.

which leagues have you loaded?

Just wondered if this Yellow/red card thign is being looked at because it's starting to make me not want to play the game as my teams always getting yellow cards and red cards either 4-5 yellow cards or 4 yellow cards and red cards every game

Of course, this'll be the game's fault, and not yours. :rolleyes:

Of course, this'll be the game's fault, and not yours. :rolleyes:

Dave... I don't mind getting yellow cards but im currently at december 6th in my save in the 1st year and my team has already gotten 61 yellow cards in 27 games is a bit much.. Im not sure if its a issure or not but ive hear some people on youtube say that they have been on forums and said it was a bug type thing so not sure if it is or not just was giving my two cents thats all

I'm seeing a lot of yellow and red cards for my own team, but a lot less for the AI sides. That's probably because I play a high pressure game designed to make up for my team's lack of technical ability. If you play a game where a player is required to get close to his opponent, then you better believe you'll pick up cards like confetti. As it should be.

In fact, the side I've seen most cards go in my favour was against Argentina, who had a man sent off every time I played them. And they are notoriously a very soft side of course, with no hint of a mean streak in them historically...

After 21 league games, I have 23 yellows and 2 reds, one of which was a straight red, so I'm not seeing this issue. More closing down, but neither Staying On Feet nor Getting Stuck In as default. This is average for my division, with yellows ranging from 16-52, and reds from 0-5.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but how is South America looking? I mean if you have played there in game, are the leagues running well? Any big problems? Transfers, finances all sort of in line as you would expect?

Ive read the bug reports on the leagues and i notice some niggles, but id love to get some feedback if people wish to share on here.

Cheers,

Dave... I don't mind getting yellow cards but im currently at december 6th in my save in the 1st year and my team has already gotten 61 yellow cards in 27 games is a bit much.. Im not sure if its a issure or not but ive hear some people on youtube say that they have been on forums and said it was a bug type thing so not sure if it is or not just was giving my two cents thats all

Had a quick look at the weekend EPL games and only a couple of teams had 3 yellows, the majority had 1 and a few had 2. I would still look at the tactics, high pressing, tight marking etc will bring more yellows, also staying on feet will help reduce them too.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but how is South America looking? I mean if you have played there in game, are the leagues running well? Any big problems? Transfers, finances all sort of in line as you would expect?

Ive read the bug reports on the leagues and i notice some niggles, but id love to get some feedback if people wish to share on here.

Cheers,

The only niggle i have experienced was in Chile.

2nd tier level and none of the AI teams had registered any players for the opening stage of the season.

Other than that everything is fine (in Chile), as far as i know. Not really familiar with the Chilean league in real life.

In my save, where I play in England, the results in Belarusian Highest League are very weird. I have Belarusian Highest League loaded as playable.

These are on 15 Aug 2015 in-game, 70% of the first season done

It's very far from reality.

In reality, BATE won the league again, for the 10th time in a row, 12 points adrift of the second place.

Here are the real results of 2015 season, from wikipedia:

Basically, the balance is very much off.

Granit can't be top of the league, they are mid-table team. Vitebsk is a relegation-battle team, no chance for the top half.

BATE won the league and was the clear favorite (and is favorite for the next year), with Dinamo Minsk the only realistic competitor. (BATE lost only once, to Dinamo). In game, it's much weaker than it should be. (or other teams are too strong?).

Worth raising this in the data forum for Belarus. [belarus] (Official) Data Issues

Out of curiosity, where are people finding information for European Qualification for their respective leagues? I seemed to remember it used to be like promotion in the lower divisions and the top spots would be highlighted green to represent CL,Euro Cup etc. I tried looking in "rules" too but it doesn't mention it. Is this information displayed anywhere anymore given qualification spots may change depending on coefficient points?

Had a quick look at the weekend EPL games and only a couple of teams had 3 yellows, the majority had 1 and a few had 2. I would still look at the tactics, high pressing, tight marking etc will bring more yellows, also staying on feet will help reduce them too.

That's the way I see it - went through 3-4 games where my entire back line were all booked within 60 minutes.

Don't mind players getting stuck in, it's more frustrating when they're all suspended at the same time.

Tweaked a couple of things in the tactics and the yellow cards have reduced.

Dont know if its been mentioned yet but Aguirre for Udinese is available for free since the last patch? Well he is on my new watford save. Good youngester with 4 star potential ability and a black star so potentially a 5 star PA youngster, i dont think they'd let him go for nothing. Scout report said £0, thought maybe the scout had got it wrong it'd glitched but i enquired and they come back saying they didnt want anything for him. I know on my first save before the recent patch he wasnt free.

Whats the processing speed like? Compared to FM15 that is? Quicker, same?

(I dont want to hear slower ;) )

You're not going to get a straight answer out of that until someone starts one of the benchmarking threads again. Processing speed is massively subjective, and unless someone's sitting with a stopwatch it isn't going to be quantifiable. You're also very unlikely to get someone with the exact same specs and situation as you, so can't get any specific answer to how it'll run with you.

Personally, I'm not noticing it any slower or quicker than it was in FM15. But then I'm not running a setup that I used on FM15, so have no means of comparison.

Archived