Football Manager 2016 - Official Beta Feedback

The layout on the scout report screen needs to be amended as you can see from screenshot, scout summary box is over the icons.

a>

I suspect it's because of the resolution, but if you want it looked at, please report it in the UI bugs forum.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm finding this a real annoyance on the quick sub screen. The first figure next to the player's name is his match sharpness. I've been caught out a few times now thinking this is the player's condition as that was the way it was set out before. You can swap the columns round, but it always resets the next game. I also don't like how condition and match sharpness now share a column, as quite often I like to sort both (this more applies on the squad screens)

sujQYL1.png

• SI Staff
is "add as transfer target - end of contract" (or whatever the wording is) a new option ?

Just don't remember seeing it in previous years....

Have been using my DOF for some transfers and am happy with his work - been tweaked I think ... Good work :)

It isn't a new addition. There have been a few tweaks, glad you are enjoying them.

Cheers,

Ben

Yes, you're right, you'd have both, so surely something implemented in-game to help curtail either outcome would make a better experience for the user?

Well, not really.

ME exploits work because the game can't learn, something "unusual" the game isn't expecting will work time and again, and can only be countered by tweaks to the match engine by the development team. In not allowing us to experiment, we can't help the match engine improve as well as it could. I would hope that over time, the PIs are opened up more to allow much more experimentation, leading to an improved me and better experience for everyone.

I've only been playing FMT - really enjoying it :-) A relatively minor gripe is that the Match Feed in FM15 on FMC would inform you when the opposition had made substitutions and who had come on. In FMT this year, you are told there is a Substitution but then have to look hastily down to the bottom of the screen to see who you're opponent has brought on - pretty jarring. It was better as it was before, I think.

I've spent the past two days playing solidly, mostly focusing on the match engine and building myself an effective tactic. Let me first say that the Prozone camera view is fantastic. Secondly I've found so much more enjoyment in playing FM since switching highlights to comprehensive. You really get an accurate picture of how your team is performing without having to watch the full 90 minutes. I've really become immersed in tweaking my tactic and seeing the changes unfold on the pitch. Overall the match engine is brilliant. I've not found any obvious faults with it like I have on previous versions of FM.

I've never been as impressed with the state of FM on release day before as I am with this beta. I really like the FM Touch Dark skin, it's gorgeous and the usability is spot on.

My only criticism is minor in the grand scheme of things. The create a manager thing looks crap, but I can happily ignore that entirely so no big deal. Also the big ugly blocks on the tactics screen...why? Please put the shirts back.

Overall great instalment of FM, especially for a beta.

ps. For a game that tries to accurately reflect real-life football you really need to sort out Anthony Martial's and Wayne Rooney's attributes. One is massively underrated and one is massively overrated.

Hi FMers,

My apology if this has been brought up. Just wish to check.

Has possession football been downplayed in FM2016? :(

I've been getting difficulty in retaining possession with my Barcelona team. During an intra-friendly against a mock-up players, i can't even muster anything more than 59% of possession.

Has anyone found any success in playing possession football with more than 60% possession? :rolleyes:

Thank you.

more than 60?!?

I'm running a Juventus save, and I'm currently bottom of the league standings with an average possession of 43% after 29 games

I'm top of the league

Of course, I find it a little weird to be dominating the shots/ shots on target/ 'getting an easy win' and then being trashed in the possession counts

Anyone else having trouble getting good ratings for their DM's? I am winning a game away in europe with my Rosenborg side, and my DM is playing 6.1, wich I think is a really low score for a player in a team winning away from home. Have not been envolved in any goals against as I am winning 1-0.

more than 60?!?

I'm running a Juventus save, and I'm currently bottom of the league standings with an average possession of 43% after 29 games

I'm top of the league

Of course, I find it a little weird to be dominating the shots/ shots on target/ 'getting an easy win' and then being trashed in the possession counts

In my understanding - Not necessarily if you are playing a counter attacking game and your defense are good enough to stop the majority of attacks resulting in a shot. Mebbies you're not even playing that though.

Is there an option to extend a players loan deal or am I forced to wait till they go back to the club and apply again?

Also, when I went in to make a loan offer, there was a warning saying "There is a limit of one loan players from the same club" however I started my save with at least 2 spurs players on loan and I'm unaware of any league restictions set in place after they signed (Scottish Championship)

• Administrators
Anyone else having trouble getting good ratings for their DM's? I am winning a game away in europe with my Rosenborg side, and my DM is playing 6.1, wich I think is a really low score for a player in a team winning away from home. Have not been envolved in any goals against as I am winning 1-0.

Is worth raising this on the match engine forum here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/505-Match-Engine-Issues

I'd suggest providing examples of matches where you feel he's getting a lower rating than you think he should be getting. There's details over there on how to upload individual matches so the team can look into it and find out what's going on. Thanks.

Steam, just go through the normal refund procedure and put that it's a cancelled pre-order in the info box. Doesn't matter how long you have played btw as the game has not been released yet, this is just a beta.

can somebody confirm this please? if this is true, one could happily buy the game from steam, play until the release, then cancel the pre order (within two hours of release) and hunt for more convenient deal for game that steam sells for 50 euros keeping the save game.

just found this on steam

Refunds on Pre-Purchased Titles

When you pre-purchase a title on Steam (and have paid for the title in advance), you can request a refund at any time prior to release of that title. The standard 14-day/two-hour refund period also applies, starting on the game’s release date.

am i right to think the above scenario indeed applies to steam refund policy? sounds like a loophole, anyone had some real experience with this?

Well, not really.

ME exploits work because the game can't learn, something "unusual" the game isn't expecting will work time and again, and can only be countered by tweaks to the match engine by the development team.

Which is exactly what they've done. By studying each position and role, and how it fits in to your team strategy, they have attempted to remove the ability to choose wild combinations that would never make sense in real life, thereby reducing the likelihood of the ME being 'exploited'. Whether they've done this correctly or if more work needs done will become evident during this game's lifecycle but it's a massive step in the right direction from SI, and they should be applauded for it.

People will always moan when you take choice away, it's human nature. Quite often though, the choices they want to make would never be considered had they been there in the first place. The more you take something away, the more people will want it.

Also, people have moaned for years about not having enough help when it comes to team and player instructions. Now that SI have implemented this as a guide, the same people will be moaning that it's too restricted. The bottom line is that some people are just never happy.

Haven't the time to read through the thread - has anyone else reported fringe players kicking off at lack of first team football? 7 games in and I have 5 players going nuts, I don't mind one or two who haven't been given anything than a sub appearance here and there but there's a couple who have played three of the seven games and are set to rotation squad members!

can somebody confirm this please? if this is true, one could happily buy the game from steam, play until the release, then cancel the pre order (within two hours of release) and hunt for more convenient deal for game that steam sells for 50 euros keeping the save game.

just found this on steam

Refunds on Pre-Purchased Titles

When you pre-purchase a title on Steam (and have paid for the title in advance), you can request a refund at any time prior to release of that title. The standard 14-day/two-hour refund period also applies, starting on the game’s release date.

am i right to think the above scenario indeed applies to steam refund policy? sounds like a loophole, anyone had some real experience with this?

Well, yeah you could , but it'd be a rather bizarre and convoluted way to get a game cheaper that is already available at a great discount (digitally) at numerous retailers. If you're buying your games direct from Steam you're doing something wrong.

Why is it on a lot of the Youtube videos I have been watching, the opposition teams roles appear, but it's not doing that for me?

example:

Pause right away, he is playing as Liverpool, but he can see Arsenal's roles?

You could do this in 15 , but at some point last year I stopped being able to see them and have no idea how to bring them back. I assumed it was something to do with using custom Skins. No idea why WorkTheSpace has them in his 16 version unless he is playing a version different from the Beta.

Haven't the time to read through the thread - has anyone else reported fringe players kicking off at lack of first team football? 7 games in and I have 5 players going nuts, I don't mind one or two who haven't been given anything than a sub appearance here and there but there's a couple who have played three of the seven games and are set to rotation squad members!

I haven't had a complaint that wasn't explainable, in fact I would have expected more IRL. However, if you think there is a problem with any of the interactions, please submit the files to SI to look at via the bugs forums.

• SI Staff

Could you raise that issue here please - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/506-Other-Gameplay-Issues

Cheers,

Ben

Possible Bugs?

I'm playing as PAOK; without Reserve team; one U20 team

* Goalkeepers can be made only available for the U20 squad if they play the full 90 minutes

* Even for a friendly my U20 assistant doesn't utilise players over the age limit of the youth competition

* in the prozone screen for "average positions" both teams use the same colour for the dots. It's slightly confusing :-)

You could do this in 15 , but at some point last year I stopped being able to see them and have no idea how to bring them back. I assumed it was something to do with using custom Skins. No idea why WorkTheSpace has them in his 16 version unless he is playing a version different from the Beta.

StatApp can also see them:

hmm

• SI Staff

As always with these sorts of things, whether or not you can talk the player round is a lot more important than them wanting to speak in the first place.

In real life managers will have players knocking on their doors all the time asking why they're not playing, the feature is meant to replicate that. If you're finding that when the players ask to chat, the chats themselves are going badly too often then please log it in the bugs forum but the players asking to talk in the first place isn't always a problem.

As always, this is a balancing act and we're certainly always looking for examples where things might be too harsh, or on the other hand, not harsh enough. Thanks.

i'm playing as Milan. On training i'm trying to make Mattia De Sciglio do full back training but the position/role training remains blank. i've tried a few variations on it but i can't change it.

The additional focus is fine.

for some reason i can't screen shot, when i do the screen shot it does the web browser only and the Football Manager screen doesn't take

additional feedback is that i'd like scouting reports to do potential i.e. rather than the new style have it old style so Good for Serie B or whatever.

also the old available for reserves/youth teams was much better and easier

I don't really know if this is a bug or not, but I've noticed that when I change one of my midfielders to be a Ball-Winning Midfielder, the player instructions screen goes a bit weird and instead of words I see numbers underneath certain instructions. For example, right now I can see a '4' underneath the closing down instruction instead of more/less etc.

I don't really know if this is a bug or not, but I've noticed that when I change one of my midfielders to be a Ball-Winning Midfielder, the player instructions screen goes a bit weird and instead of words I see numbers underneath certain instructions. For example, right now I can see a '4' underneath the closing down instruction instead of more/less etc.

That's clearly a bug and one for the UI section. :thup:

When you click on a player and look at his statistics, non competitive statistics are at the bottom of the screen instead of Overall (club). What is the reason for this switch?

The design was better when you could glance to the bottom of the screen and see a players appearances, goals, assists as the last column.

When you click on a player and look at his statistics, non competitive statistics are at the bottom of the screen instead of Overall (club). What is the reason for this switch?

The design was better when you could glance to the bottom of the screen and see a players appearances, goals, assists as the last column.

I don't have this. The overall stats are at the bottom of the screen.

• SI Staff
Bug report. just started as PAOK Salonika in the Greek super league and noticed the first 4 of the 7 friendlies setup by my team have already been played.

Thanks for the information.

This is something that we are still working on. Due to them playing in an early qualifying round of the Europa League it may mean that they have an odd friendly match already played in preparation for their qualifying ties.

I don't have this. The overall stats at athe bottom of the screen.

I have the non competitive stats at the bottom as well.

Just noticed, while uploading a save game file, that my save file is pretty big.

I'm playing with all leagues loaded, large db and the maximum matches saved.

Same settings as with FM15.

In FM15 i played around 45 seasons and i have a save file on 1GB.

In FM16 the save file is now on 250MB after 1 season. So an increase of roughly 100MB per season.

So the increase per season on FM16 is roughly 5 times bigger than on FM15.

45 seasons of that and the save file will be enormous. Could it become an issue?

• SI Staff
Players without work permits come to you angry about being left out of EPL squads (presumably when they feel they are good enough to be in)

Could you raise this in the bugs forum please? With a save from before the registration deadline if possible, thanks

I want to have a moment and say... well done SI, just well done!

this is the 4th SI's manager game that i'm buying, and BY FAR this is the best game they could came up with.

the game is smooth, the menus are sorted very well, clean and comfortable.

The players card and his position so much comfortable and informative well.

The ME, oh the ME is so balanced and this is the beta! except from minor issues that happens to me few times such as my CD return the ball to my GK too short, my GK could go out and take the ball instead the opposition striker grab the ball and score against me. either way my CD could bring back the ball to my GK better or my GK could react and catch the ball.

I do feel sometime there are too much injury; for instance, my GK injured couple of times due dislocated shoulder. I think this too much for GK to injure like this.

many times, when i'm going onto scout card to see his attributes, the attributes not showing until I refresh it by selecting the scout role in the scout screen on the left side.

all in all, as I said before, this is by far the enjoyable FM and i'm really excited for the full version, although i'm already feels like this is the final build.

Eyal.

more than 60?!?

I'm top of the league

Thanks for the feedback, mate.

Just wish to check further. Are you trying to play possession football with Juventus..?

• SI Staff
i'm playing as Milan. On training i'm trying to make Mattia De Sciglio do full back training but the position/role training remains blank. i've tried a few variations on it but i can't change it.

The additional focus is fine.

Hey Bearded Shrimper,

There is a known issue with this field remaining blank, we are reviewing it.

You should be able to confirm that, despite this, he is still undertaking the chosen position/role training by looking at the text below the drop-down box (to the right-hand side under Training > Individual).

Cheers,

Seb.

When I click on any of my players they have some of their attributes highlighted. For example if my assistant manager suggests that my player should be played as a Poacher then the player will have Poachers' attributes highlighted. When I select Clear Selected Role from the drop down menu the attributes aren't highlighted any more, but when I click for example on my Tactics and when I click back on that same player he will have those attributes highlighted again and I don't want that. Is there any way that it becomes permanent when I select on Clear Selected Role? And if I want those attributes to be highlighted again I can always choose that option from the drop down menu, but having to select Clear Selected Role every time I click on any of my players is really pain in the back.

As always with these sorts of things, whether or not you can talk the player round is a lot more important than them wanting to speak in the first place.

In real life managers will have players knocking on their doors all the time asking why they're not playing, the feature is meant to replicate that. If you're finding that when the players ask to chat, the chats themselves are going badly too often then please log it in the bugs forum but the players asking to talk in the first place isn't always a problem.

As always, this is a balancing act and we're certainly always looking for examples where things might be too harsh, or on the other hand, not harsh enough. Thanks.

I had a spell where a succession of players came to me asking for games and I couldn't promise any of them play time, so they all kicked off.

I decided to look at their transfer status and each was set as first team player, so I lowered them to rotation or back up. One player shut up immediately. I wouldn't be surprised if half the problems people have is because they have a player set to first teamer and they're leaving him languishing in the reserves.

Asking my captain to have a word may have alleviated something too, but my memory ain't perfect and I forgot which player I'd had the captain talk to.

I'll see how it goes as I progress, but I was going to bug report until a player calmed down after changing his transfer status.

I'm finding this a real annoyance on the quick sub screen. The first figure next to the player's name is his match sharpness. I've been caught out a few times now thinking this is the player's condition as that was the way it was set out before. You can swap the columns round, but it always resets the next game. I also don't like how condition and match sharpness now share a column, as quite often I like to sort both (this more applies on the squad screens)

sujQYL1.png

You can insert each one separately btw. As cool as it looks, you're right, it's not very functional.

Manchester UTD are impossible to beat and this is not a fair reflection. in two seasons they have not lost one PL game. please change this.

I beat them 5-1 as Spurs in only my third game in charge. They didn't look very invincible, that's for sure!

I beat them 5-1 as Spurs in only my third game in charge. They didn't look very invincible, that's for sure!

Yeah. They have not been great in my save either. I think people forget that just because it happens to them doesn't mean it happens to everyone!

Hey Bearded Shrimper,

There is a known issue with this field remaining blank, we are reviewing it.

You should be able to confirm that, despite this, he is still undertaking the chosen position/role training by looking at the text below the drop-down box (to the right-hand side under Training > Individual).

Cheers,

Seb.

I can do D (RL) Playing position but if i try to change it or select something else it doesn't change. then the coaches say i should give him some training

Archived