Football Manager 2016 - Official Beta Feedback

• Administrators
Has anyone noticed that if you negotiate an increased transfer budget as a part of a manager contract renewal - you don't get a news item about the increased budget like you do after a normal board request. I'm sure you used to.

I've done it twice now and not had anything. The first time I didn't notice change in budget, this time it has gone frtom £54k to £60k but I can't tell if that is just installments money coming in.

Should I be getting a message clarifying the size of the increase as you do after a normal board request or is this working as intended?

Probably worth raising on the bugs forum, I'd say in the Gameplay Issues forum if you would. Many thanks.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Played a lot more , really enjoying the game however I am wondering about injuries.

I know it;s likely been rigorousl tested , but I am seeing a lot of injures all in the 4-6 week range. It's weird , I don't think I have had any short term injuries , they have all been 4 , 5, 6 week injuries.

To put it simply. I don't like the changes to the player roles. I've never been a fan of all these different role names. I've always just gone into player instructions and chose myself how i wanted my players to play. There seems to be less options this year, also with some roles things are automatically selected. Player tactics feel more like a puzzle than ever.

EDIT: Also the goalkeepers still suck

My laptop ran fm15 fine with no lag but fm16 BETA is very slow and laggy. Is this to be expected from the beta?

That would depend on the specs of your laptop..

As with any new edition of a game, progress is to be expected and with it, comes possible higher demand on hardware.

That would depend on the specs of your laptop..

As with any new edition of a game, progress is to be expected and with it, comes possible higher demand on hardware.

The laptop is not great but the change in speed is vast.

First question would be what are your specs?

Second would be, have you tried swapping rendering mode in preferences? updated graphics card etc?

On a personal note, I've been playing on a less than spectacular laptop ( 6 years old) and haven't noticed a significant drop in performance between editions.

This stupid issue is yet again happening in FM16:

I place an ad for a scout (I'm allowed 14 and currently have 6). I sign 2 scouts on the same day, and the ad is automatically withdrawn.

So I have to place another ad because I still want a few more scouts. Same thing happens with coaches.

Why is it not up to ME to cancel the ad? Especially when I want to sign a load of staff for a particular position (usually scouts and coaches).

Do a lot of people place adverts? Whenever I need staff, I search through staff myself. Is there a benefit to placing an ad instead?

Do a lot of people place adverts? Whenever I need staff, I search through staff myself. Is there a benefit to placing an ad instead?

The benefit is subjective.

You might risk missing out on the best staff, but don't have to look through lots of staff who either aren't interested in your club or in that specific position.

Prior to FM 15 it even excluded those who would show up in your staff search but then demand too much money to be realistic targets which was a massive help, but then in FM15 people would respond to your job adverts and demand 10x your max wage so this wasn't as helpful then.

I haven't had that happen yet on FM 16 but haven't tested it enough either.

I always use staff search for scouts, DOF, HOY and assistant managers as I'm very picky about the, but I tend to use job adverts for the rest

First question would be what are your specs?

Second would be, have you tried swapping rendering mode in preferences? Updated graphics card etc?

On a personal note, I've been playing on a less than spectacular laptop ( 6 years old) and haven't noticed a significant drop in performance between editions.

How often have you did that on your laptop in 6 years Welsh?

;)

Does anyone else feel like you get too many news items saying you are interested in players you have scouted.

I fully agree there should be leaks leading to speculative stories but in my most recent click of continue I got 6 news items talking about me being interest in players I got scout reports from that day - and 3 of them were worded identically. I'm not even at a massive club

This is getting ridiculous now, just purely scouting a player can trigger this. I haven't even shortlisted the player.:stop:

This is getting ridiculous now, just purely scouting a player can trigger this. I haven't even shortlisted the player.:stop:

I think my maximum is 9 in one click of continue with 4 identically worded. It has to change. The idea is right and the execution is wrong.

You've said just scouting a player can trigger it as though it is a bad thing which I don't actually agree with. I think just scouting a player should be capable of triggering it. The problem is that at present it triggers it for what I would roughly estimate to be 60-70% of players scouted when it should be far short of that, especially when you are doing what I do and adding ~200 players to your scouting queue at a time. If you only scouted one player every 6 months then maybe a 100% ratio would be appropriate, so I don't know what they should set it to, but there should either be a lower ratio or a weekly/monthly cap on it.

I agree this sounds unnecessarily annoying. Could you please upload a bug report so SI can investigate?:

http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/516-Transfers-Contracts-and-Scouting-Issues

Well I think they're on the ball anyway...

Yeah the functionality isn't ideal - we're aware of it and it's something we'll look into. Thanks for raising.

My my :D

I don't think I could name you another game where I can raise an issue/gripe/annoyance directly to the creators and have a rapid response.

You guys really do deserve a lot of credit or that :applause:

I just prefer placing ads because I think it is more realistic. I could easily set parameters in the staff search field, but I want the scouts to come to me.

Hi, I'm only a few friendlies in and am enjoying this versions interface, it feels much more fluid to get around, struggled with 2015. I need the text at 125% but would like to reduce it back to 100% in game so I can see the pitch more, Is this possible, I did try in prefs?. Also, watching the game as I usually do using touchline camera I always feel that I need to zoom in on the match a bit more but I can't, if the camera zoom could be extended this would be great.

One more thing, why did fixtures change to schedule?, I noticed this on '15 I don't think i've ever heard anyone refer to football fixtures as a schedule.

but thanks, great game.

I last enjoyed FM13. I played FM14. Fm15 sat on my PC just looking at me. I was that close to not bothering with FM16 but some youtube videos I watched made me decide to give it one last go before settling on FM13 forever.

Well done! This is a game I will play for a long long time. Honestly, there are no new features of any note, but it is obvious the work has gone into improving the match engine, the AI, and how the game plays overall. I have actually been using 3D (behind corner view) to watch matches now because it looks like football. Sure there is the odd problem in interacting with the game-world, but I think I can safely say this is the best version released so far. :thup:

Dear FM workers, may I ask the purpose of reading description again and again instead of important attributes show up when we click on a player icon on tactics screen? After a busy transfer season, it takes a lot time to discover the new players you bought and youngsters you take in main team and see which positions they play best. Please remove the description or make it optional! We already memorized for 2 years in a row. I miss old FM tactic screens. This is tiring. When you click on a player, first thing has to show up is player attributes and possible compatibility. Be more practical!

Mostly the realism aspect. Doing things such as creating your own tactics, only using scouts to find players, not checking internet lists of recommended players, and using job ads to find your staff give you a sense of being more immersed in your game-world rather than actually playing a game.

So far I'm really rather impressed with the game. I like the new match tactics screen. It feels so much more like I'm planning for a match. Rather than having numerous tactics to switch between, I find it simple and quick to alter things around before each game and I honestly feel that my choices alter the outcome of a match. This is something I wasn't feeling in the last two FMs I played; 14 and 13. (it may have been in last year but I missed a year)

There is one issue I'm finding a problem. I don't want to bug it because it's not clear cut, but it is niggling me. I'm playing a very expansive game with my team - the mighty Loughgall FC - pumping the ball forward to two flying wingers to cross into the box. The problem is I am seeing a lot of offsides, and often they don't appear to be offside when I rewind the match footage. It may be a new feature whereby linesman make mistakes, but it does happen alot where I'd confidently say they were onside; sometimes by quite a distance.

Like I say, it's not something I'm sure is worth me bug reporting, but I'm happy to provide a save file or match report should any dev see this and think it's worth looking at. It's just happened enough times that it's noticeable.

I got lots of offside too. I got 5~6 offside per game..

That is actually pretty close to the EPL average.

"The figures bear this out. Opta stats show that in 1997-98 there were 7.8 offsides per game in the Premier League, after which there was a fairly steady decline to 6.3 in 2005-06. Since the new legislation came into force, there has been a further decline, to 4.8 so far this season."

The player complaints are still unreasonable. I try to negotiate the bid to the value i want and they reject it and the player gets angry at me, then i say the bid was not good enough and he accepts that.

4 days later the club bids again of just 5% higher more of what they offered before, i negotiate closer to what i want and its rejected once again. Now the player is angry again saying that i broke my promise that i would accept a reasonable bid. Uhh, what reasonable bid?

This happened to 2 players already (season has not started yet)

I think this is your players way of saying he wants out. As far as he is concerned a 5% increase is reasonable. I would imagine a player that wants to leave will always get angry at bids being rejected especially when higher bids are coming in, not matter how small the increase. Unreasonable to you but reasonable to the player.

I think this is your players way of saying he wants out. As far as he is concerned a 5% increase is reasonable. I would imagine a player that wants to leave will always get angry at bids being rejected especially when higher bids are coming in, not matter how small the increase. Unreasonable to you but reasonable to the player.

Then he shouldn't accept my previous answer that the bid was too low if he is angry that i reject any bid.

I having this too.

currently, I have 7 first them players injuries! 6 of them for 5 weeks.

every week I got a massage that a player got injured.

I got no striker cause of it and all of them are really key players!

the workload set to average, I got good training facilities....

plus, there's lots of shot that the keeper could easily catch the ball and instead he just Push the ball to corner :)

and im really struggle to win! for me, thing got smoother in FM 15, I spent nights figuring what i'm not doing well...

anyone here feel the same?

Well here goes...

Every year I buy the game as soon as it's out - since time began. Every year it seems as though SI release a game that is not ready for months and this really annoys me. However, I really do think this years version is very good. Overall apart from the fact it looks slightly different, I feel it is a well brushed up version of last years game. Only a few niggles which have been mentioned before such as being short and heavy doesn't mean fat and I think there are a few too many goals scored from crossing in the ME. I do in fact like the blurred background.

I also like the fact that I have been able to load my FM15 tactic, made a few tweaks and it is working well with my Newcastle game - bonus!

So well done SI. I hope the future patches don't undo some very good work?

Then he shouldn't accept my previous answer that the bid was too low if he is angry that i reject any bid.

Maybe. I guess perhaps he was happy enough with your reasoning, but with a slightly higher offer coming in he got annoyed again. I guess it is difficult to say what the increase should be before he gets angry again as the game tries to give players different personalities. I am just trying to explain why he may be angry again.

I having this too.

currently, I have 7 first them players injuries! 6 of them for 5 weeks.

every week I got a massage that a player got injured.

I got no striker cause of it and all of them are really key players!

the workload set to average, I got good training facilities....

plus, there's lots of shot that the keeper could easily catch the ball and instead he just Push the ball to corner :)

and im really struggle to win! for me, thing got smoother in FM 15, I spent nights figuring what i'm not doing well...

anyone here feel the same?

I think FM15 was too easy. So far I feel the improvements made to this version have gone right where they should have gone. A better match experience, better squad management, and a better AI. I like this version so much more than FM15 and it is only the beta!!

Something seems odd, not sure if this is a bug or intended. I offered a contract to a free agent, he accepted it and didn't have funds to pay his sign on fee so I delayed for a week. After another week still didn't have funds for it so delayed it again and finally had founds for it. I had to pay something like 10k and I had 89k available but still I couldn't sign him. I checked and nothing that the wage budget would have been pretty stretched if I accepted that bid so I adjusted the payroll a bit, still don't have exactly enough to pay him but in previous versions I would be allowed to be on the red side payroll-wise. Now I still can't accept the bid, I can only just delay it even if I have the money available to pay the sign on fee and at least half of his payroll.

Why is multi match highlight not available for 2D classic? It only shows highlights in 3D. This is very pretentious, it seems that it is suggesting that 3D is the only valuable experience for highlights.

Can we make it 2D classic also? Please.

The whole point of the highlights package is that it's done in a 'TV' style format, meaning 3D.

You can still pick individual games and watch the highlights in any format you want.

Played a lot more , really enjoying the game however I am wondering about injuries.

I know it;s likely been rigorousl tested , but I am seeing a lot of injures all in the 4-6 week range. It's weird , I don't think I have had any short term injuries , they have all been 4 , 5, 6 week injuries.

You're lucky.

4 months out is was i'm getting.

Aguero is the new Jovetic, out for 4 months gets fits, plays 40 mins, picks up an injury and out for 4 months again.

I note he is now down as being injury prone, i hope this doesn't render him useless.

I do really like how on the tactics screen you get a much more clearer view of the best role that suits the player within the position. This in addition to the staff recommendations at that point make picking the team a much more fluid process, and can really help get the best from your team. I've become quite the tinkerman! Excellent addition. I'm not sure if this was in it last year, but I've also just noticed if you click the little icon to the top right of the pitch on the tactics screen, this collapses the pitch view and gives you a more informative squad list.

Starting to get right into this now after a few reservations at the start. Still don't like the layout of the new team instructions screen though, feels a bit 'gamey' for my tastes, but looking through the comments so far, it appears I'm in the minority with this.

Something seems odd, not sure if this is a bug or intended. I offered a contract to a free agent, he accepted it and didn't have funds to pay his sign on fee so I delayed for a week. After another week still didn't have funds for it so delayed it again and finally had founds for it. I had to pay something like 10k and I had 89k available but still I couldn't sign him. I checked and nothing that the wage budget would have been pretty stretched if I accepted that bid so I adjusted the payroll a bit, still don't have exactly enough to pay him but in previous versions I would be allowed to be on the red side payroll-wise. Now I still can't accept the bid, I can only just delay it even if I have the money available to pay the sign on fee and at least half of his payroll.

Probably worth posting here: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/516-Transfers-Contracts-and-Scouting-Issues

as a possible bug.

Still don't like the layout of the new team instructions screen though, feels a bit 'gamey' for my tastes, but looking through the comments so far, it appears I'm in the minority with this.

I know what you mean. I like how clear it is about what different instructions do and how they complement or oppose each other. The visual aspect really helps with this. On the other hand, one wonders if it looks a bit busy. For me it's not a brilliant (For example, there is no explanation about how far the team will have the ball up the field before the "Pass Into Space" instruction starts being active, and Tempo should be in the Build-Up column, and the colors should not be quite as bright as they are--I understand they want the green on the buttons to be brighter than the green on the pitch, but there must be anothr way to make the button be clearly visible without blinding people's eyes) screen, but it's definitely good and you can see there is obviously some thought behind it.

At the end of the day, it is a screen I usually look at for no more than 10 seconds as for me it is like shopping. When I go there, I already know what I want to do.

I've noticed the same thing regarding player histories in Northern Ireland. Players will have a number of seasons listed for my club - Loughgall - but no games. Just the Premier division in N.I. appears to have appearances. I'm guessing the research just isn't there for the lower divisions in N.I.

I'm guessing you are right, but that has never been an issue in previous games. I have played in the lower reaches of NI most years, although I don't come from there, & since the 2nd division was implemented in the game it always listed their appearances.

I was really looking forward for "Create A Club" feature, but I feel disappointed.

I would really like this option improved. As I would like to see this is the user would answer several questions about club history, like who founded it (fans, local businessman, etc.), when it was founded, etc. and different answers would give different background for a club (different amount of money, reputation, stadium, league history, supporter profile etc.). Then the club should be placed in the lowest available league in a country. All players should be newgens or randomly selected from free agents. That would make the game more challenging, I guess.

I was really looking forward for "Create A Club" feature, but I feel disappointed.

I would really like this option improved. As I would like to see this is the user would answer several questions about club history, like who founded it (fans, local businessman, etc.), when it was founded, etc. and different answers would give different background for a club (different amount of money, reputation, stadium, league history, supporter profile etc.). Then the club should be placed in the lowest available league in a country. All players should be newgens or randomly selected from free agents. That would make the game more challenging, I guess.

It should have been called Replace a Club instead.

I'm experiencing the SAME problems I've had over the last couple of FM titles. I'm completely not bothered by all the bells and whistles of watching the game in 3D or even watching the 2D players running around the pitch. I much prefer the simply commentary only view...

However for some reason (and this has happened on the last few FM's for me) the match engine runs a lot slower when I view the match via the "Stats - Player Ratings" view. But as soon as I switch to the "Pitch" tab the match engine and commentary runs quicker and smoother, even tho I don't have any of the 3D settings on and don't wish to watch any of the game.

What's the solution? Because this keeps happening and is very, very frustrating. It's almost as though the match engine is favouring the pitch view, to the people who just want the classic commentary view's detriment.

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere, so apologies in advance if it has. I'm a little confused as to the FFP rules in the Championship.

In game it states that I (Brentford) can't make a loss of more than £7m for the season (i.e. no greater loss that £21m over three seasons if I were to remain in the same division throughout), however the FFP regulations for the current season in real life stipulate the highest loss a team can produce is £13m or £39m over three seasons - evidence. That's quite a massive disparity and makes for some very difficult gameplay if you're managing a side with little income.

• Administrators
Is there a way to stop your assistant manager telling you how to set up your team tactically for the next opponent when you attend a backroom staff meeting? It is not a big deal but I don't really care what he has to say about it.

On the Backroom Advice panel in the top right-hand corner there is a 'Filters' option. From within here you can untick 'Tactical' suggestions.

I like the new fitness test thing before a game, however my AM said one of my strikers who had been injured had passed a fitness test and would be able to play with minimal risk for further injury, however he's still listed with an 'orange' injury icon next to him. It's probably just my years experience of never starting a player with that icon next to him, but is this right? I didn't start him, but one of my other strikers is knackered 70mins into this game, and he's the only available striker on the bench. I'm totally hardcoded not to play these players!

I like the new fitness test thing before a game, however my AM said one of my strikers who had been injured had passed a fitness test and would be able to play with minimal risk for further injury, however he's still listed with an 'orange' injury icon next to him. It's probably just my years experience of never starting a player with that icon next to him, but is this right? I didn't start him, but one of my other strikers is knackered 70mins into this game, and he's the only available striker on the bench. I'm totally hardcoded not to play these players!

Haha, I've noticed that as well. I compared it to injuries while you're playing - an orange injury doesn't force you to take the player off immediately, but my instinct is that you always should. I suppose that's a bit different to your coach explicitly telling you they're OK to play. For me, orange == red.

I have a brand new Macbook Pro and the fan/CPU goes crazy on match days. Think it's an issue with retina models because I used to run FM15 without issues on my 2013 and 2009 models. If a 2015 model can't handle FM16 then god help most of us.

I'm loving the 2016 beta so far. I've been particularly pleased by the touch interface: it will be great to play during long journeys on cramped coaches.

Regarding touch, one comment I have is that interfacing with lists is not intuitive. On the squad screen, for example, it's instinctive to simply be able to swipe up/down to scroll through the players, but this doesn't work. The only alternative - a miniscule scroll bar - is not a touch-friendly solution and makes scrolling difficult. I apprecaite that you need a solution that also allows drag/drop, but this is viable - scolling is a split-second interaction while drag/drop is based on click & hold.

Scrolling on drop-down boxes is also difficult, albeit not for the same reason.

These are not major issues and touch is still perfectly viable, but so far are the interface issues that stand out as having potential for improvement.

Archived