Football Manager 2016 - Official Beta Feedback

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think TAV2 is right. You say Ukraine is 8th, but which year? Got me wondering, because this season's draw did in fact not put Ukraine but Netherlands in 8th. Else why'd Dynamo Kiev be in pot 3?

Apparently the ruling is:

"Pot 1 contained the title holders and the champions of the top seven associations based on their 2014 UEFA country coefficients. As the title holders (Barcelona) were one of the champions of the top seven associations, the champions of the association ranked eighth were also seeded into Pot 1 (regulations Article 13.05).

Pots 2, 3 and 4 contained the remaining teams, seeded based on their 2015 UEFA club coefficients." (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015%E2%80%9316_UEFA_Champions_League_group_stage#Draw)

2014 country + champion = pot 1

2015 club = pots 2, 3 & 4. (http://www.uefa.org/MultimediaFiles/Download/Regulations/uefaorg/Regulations/02/23/57/51/2235751_DOWNLOAD.pdf)

I looked at this table here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_coefficient#Country_coefficient

Its a year ahead of the required rankings but it shows Ukraine in 8th and that they haven't moved up or down since the previous rankings.

EDIT

Yeah, looking at it further and at Olly's link the wiki table above is two years ahead not one.

• SI Staff
Sorry, but your response left me wondering if you've also seen my possible explanation of it? No offense, just trying to be sure.

It is happening because the game is currently using the nation coefficient scores from the wrong year. This is causing Ukraine to be ranked 8th when it should be Holland, when deciding the Pot seedings for the 2015/16 Group Stage draw.

These are the rankings that should be getting used - http://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/data/method4/crank2014.html

It is happening because the game is currently using the nation coefficient scores from the wrong year. This is causing Ukraine to be ranked 8th when it should be Holland, when deciding the Pot seedings for the 2015/16 Group Stage draw.

These are the rankings that should be getting used - http://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/data/method4/crank2014.html

That is pretty much what I wrote in the first place. :D

"Apparently the ruling is:

"Pot 1 contained the title holders and the champions of the top seven associations based on their 2014 UEFA country coefficients. As the title holders (Barcelona) were one of the champions of the top seven associations, the champions of the association ranked eighth were also seeded into Pot 1 (regulations Article 13.05).

Pots 2, 3 and 4 contained the remaining teams, seeded based on their 2015 UEFA club coefficients." (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015%E...oup_stage#Draw)

2014 country + champion = pot 1

2015 club = pots 2, 3 & 4. (http://www.uefa.org/MultimediaFiles/...1_DOWNLOAD.pdf)"

Shouldn't have irritated by initially making it look like a question - my bad! You already got this and that's what counts. :thup:

Does anyone else feel like you get too many news items saying you are interested in players you have scouted.

I fully agree there should be leaks leading to speculative stories but in my most recent click of continue I got 6 news items talking about me being interest in players I got scout reports from that day - and 3 of them were worded identically. I'm not even at a massive club

I got 60 shots in one game, but it was friendly against weaker opponent though. In league I average 19,5 shots per game, if the analysis tab isn't lying. Bigger problem is with woodwork as I said few posts ago.

60 shots?! Even in the case of a friendly game against weaker team it is not a good sign ... A shot every minute and a half

I for one feel that so far this is one of the smoothest FM's in years at this stage. I often find reading these forums can take away my enjoyment as I find myself looking for the issues that others post. ;)

I am liking the new UI so far with only small gripes like having to scroll down again in the scouting screen after clicking on a player, also I dont really get the relevance of the design in the tactics screen for the players / positions (on the pitch), this would be far more immersive if it were team shirts (next stage would be to actually have the players faces on there!). Overall though the tactics are far more streamlined and easier to put one together so I'm sure that will help new players get into the game. :)

I love the staff screen and now being able to see the amount of staff at a glance is far better. There are definitely little small tweaks and changes that make the game easier to navigate with more info.

However my feeling is that the "leaps" forward are more like a shuffle with every release and I cant really see an awful amount that differs from last years release. I always purchase every release (since the first Champ Man in the early 90s) and again this year but more for the data than the changes really, all sports games will always fall foul of this and I guess its hard to escape that. It just feels like an expansion every year than a new game (data plus some extra features basically).

I think the next stage would be to invest in licencing and some real amazing polish (graphics etc) in the presentation and atmosphere of the next game. The engine in terms of simulating football management is now nigh on perfect, so leave that alone (don't break it!) and jazz everything up to the max to create real immersion into what we are playing. Television presentation UI / graphics, interviews or whatever can be done to simply up the immersion into the world you are playing in. If the worry is the markets hardware then I get it, but the polish can be delivered far, far, far better without killing someones Intel Integrated Card. ;)

Interviews have been bitterly dissapointing so far cant see how much work went into those yet certainly not nearly a years work though (sorry), essentially I see FM as a simulation / RPG but as of yet the role playing element of being a football manager is lacking the role playing factor of actually feeling like a football manager in real life. The elements introduced this year feel very much so bolted on and sorry to say a little amatuerish, creating your manager being the example. The face gen is poor are you using the same as OOTP? If you look at the generated faces in OOTP 16 they are much, much better (and I'm sure they are a smaller developer than SI).

Overall I'm enjoying it because I love football and have been addicted for around 20 years now to your games that probably wont change, but I do feel if I remove my rose tinted specs (I actually started thinking more about what is lacking as I continued to type this!) then there is not much here in terms of any wow factor improvements, more tweaks and slight cosmetics. And some of the improvements for me have been quite poorly implemented (and without wanting to sound offensive, I would dare to say lazily?). At the cost it is every year I feel that the ante will need to be upped if indeed it is still created for the love (and profit, I'm not that nieve!) and not just the profit. The business model is beginning to feel a bit like: Introduce a little every year to keep the sales coming and somewhere in SI there is the super FM version 20.0.0. ;)

Anyway its feedback and not intended to be offensive. Just my two cents. Good job so far in terms of it being far more playable than previous years.

Started as unemployed, with National A coaching licence and as a pro-footballer, regional level.

My reputation is 1 star, which seems fine to me.

Applied for a few jobs and Hull City came up, thought I'd chance my arm - rep. for this was IIRC 3 1/2 stars.

I made very minor concessions re. transfer & wage budget as debt level is high, but certainly didn't promise the earth.

Gobsmacked when I got offered the job! This was far too easy and might be something for SI to look at.

Just for trivia I didn't accept, because I wanted to start with a small club - I've accepted the Bradford PA job.

Hello and thank you for once again making a fantastic game!

I dont now if this question is located at the right place, but in the match overviewscreen there is 6 boxes wich you can choose wich stat you want to have there, is there a way to make it go back to 6 boxes like there was on fm15?

thank you very much!

• Administrators
I've got a globe icon on my desktop instead of the regular FM logos - is that normal? No big deal or anything, just curious

Do you have a screenshot? Sounds weird, but obviously if it's not causing any issue then it's not the end of the world.

Is there anyway that I can add height, weight, and preferred foot to the individual player's default overview screen (so the screen that appears when you click a player's name, on default settings)? As of now I have to go to Overview > Attributes.

Guys, do you know how many installs of FM16 can I make with my Steam with different computers? Can you point me to a specific Steam support link?

Unless something has changed you can install it on as many as you want, but only play it on one at time - just like any other steam game which doesn't have its own separate DRM

Unless something has changed you can install it on as many as you want, but only play it on one at time - just like any other steam game which doesn't have its own separate DRM

Well yeah, just what I though, but to the on the safe side, I'd like some official confirmation...

Well after saying i wouldnt buy this release.........i bought it.

So first impressions -

Manager on the touchline - Oh dear. I really wasnt interested in this feature anyway but come on, the graphics for this are just laughable. What is the point?

Create a team - Again, wasnt interested in the slightest and to be fair you have proved me right in not being interested, no depth to it whatsoever and you may as well just left it to using the editor if this is how it was going to be.

Im liking the new skin. Its pleasant on the eyes, nice colours and actually think this is a good choice!!

The different start dates for leagues is a nice touch too, gives you more freedom!

Fantasy draft - havnt tried it, couldnt care less. For me it has no place in FM but thats just me.

Overall, after a few hours playing around, major disappointment. On this showing you would be better off releasing every 2 years as has been discussed because apart from the gimmicky new features it feels like very little has been changed or added. I pretty much bought it for the updated squads/league/new players, which is what this basically feels like.

Plus im addicted, clearly. Wasnt expecting much from this and it feels to me like the FM series has gone stale. Needs a competitor to spice things up and get things going again. This is all just my opinion of course. Havnt played long enough to comment on the ME and maybe this will be improved and make for an enjoyable play, but otherwise for me this is the worst release in a long time.

Is there anyway that I can add height, weight, and preferred foot to the individual player's default overview screen (so the screen that appears when you click a player's name, on default settings)? As of now I have to go to Overview > Attributes.

They should already be there look in the attributes box - height and weight should be under the phyiscal attributes table, with preferred foot in the options on the right. You can also change the default screen to the Overview -> Attributes screen from the preference menu.

I am sorry but I've played 8 games last night and the scorelines were: 2-0, 3-1, 1-0 , 3-2, 1-0, 3-1, 2-0, 2-2. this on average means 2.8gpg. Real life stat was 2.7gpg in Italy last season.(I'm playing in Italy btw)

Injuries..I had two injuries..both were 4-5days minor injuries.

So there you go..

Luka_

If my screenshots would upload i have started 3 different games to prove this. Also Man Utd have just gone 2 seasons on my game without losing one Premier league game.

Not sure if this is the best place to post this, but I feel the hair needs sorting out for the look of the male and female managers, it's very unlifelike, there are too few styles and the hair for women is atrocious...there needs to be longer hair (pony tail etc) for women.

Also a note on the clothing, the tracksuit jacket (more like jumper) is ridiculously long. I'd love to be a tracksuit manager, but none are really wearing a tracksuit. To fix it a short jacket and joggers would be perfect.

As it's not all negative, the Wenger-esque jacket is great, long grey, spot on.

I've only played a couple of days in game, sorting squad, tactics, training, etc, so I can't comment much on the actual game yet. One thing I have noticed is that after making certain decisions, or advancing or saving the game, etc, it goes all blurry. Please change that for the proper release as it hurts my eyes and I see absolutely no reason for having it in the game.

What a difference this year compared to last, even if you have yet to play the beta one read through this thread should tell you that the ME is much better this year.

The UI, well you know it going to change and the level of detail will go up. My only gripe like a few others is boxes not shirts on the tactics screen. Set pieces I would like to have seen inswinging and out swinging routines. The ME is a vast improvement, GKs much improved, defending much improved and I'm now seeing my team do what I'm asking them to do. If I want to attack a flank then my wide forwards stay wide if I ask them too, not run into the center. I imported my tactics from 15 with only slight adjustments needed and even the audio commentary patch for 15 worked. Clearances now no longer go straight back to the feet of an attacker and defenders are no longer jumping under the ball also Gks and defenders try to clear to touch when they can or have to, rather than straight back into play. GKs appear to be able to catch balls crossed in from the touch line instead of flapping.

On the downside players and GKs are still too slow to get up and there are still too many shots or passes being blasted straight into players standing directly in front of the striker. Please do not fiddle with the ME, it's not perfect but we know how little changes can have unforeseen consequences. Interviews still too wooden but without true AI that is likely to remain the case.

My game, Wrexham (I always start in the conference) expected to finish mid-table, three wins and a draw pre-season. Three out of three in the league, 1-0, 2-0 and 3-2. Brought in about 4 players and some staff, going to have to sell to balance the books though.

Fantastic game very polished beta. Two small things I've noticed

- Where has the option gone to make U18's players available for the U21's team?

- Players who have just played the UEFA youth league can be selected for the 1st teams champions league game. This shouldn't be the case

Q: On the last version, there was the range of marks shown for the player's attributes, e.g. 8-15 finishing. Whilst this makes it more realistic, it essentially hugely disadvantages human players who take over lower league teams with poor scouts, and no good scouts ever wanting to join. It makes it a huge gamble to sign a player, as they could be good or horrendous at some essential skills that you need! I don't use it as it is already a gamble signing a player whose stats you know, you actually wants to join your lower league team, who may not settle etc, without having to add the potential of them being far worse than you thought. I just wondered why this range was kept as I know many people who simply mask it?

So far I'm really rather impressed with the game. I like the new match tactics screen. It feels so much more like I'm planning for a match. Rather than having numerous tactics to switch between, I find it simple and quick to alter things around before each game and I honestly feel that my choices alter the outcome of a match. This is something I wasn't feeling in the last two FMs I played; 14 and 13. (it may have been in last year but I missed a year)

There is one issue I'm finding a problem. I don't want to bug it because it's not clear cut, but it is niggling me. I'm playing a very expansive game with my team - the mighty Loughgall FC - pumping the ball forward to two flying wingers to cross into the box. The problem is I am seeing a lot of offsides, and often they don't appear to be offside when I rewind the match footage. It may be a new feature whereby linesman make mistakes, but it does happen alot where I'd confidently say they were onside; sometimes by quite a distance.

Like I say, it's not something I'm sure is worth me bug reporting, but I'm happy to provide a save file or match report should any dev see this and think it's worth looking at. It's just happened enough times that it's noticeable.

I never got FM15 so my last game was FM14. I am quite impressed so far, though have not got very far, as I was enjoying looking round & trying everything. The so called new features are pretty pointless as expected, though I never bought it for them but the ME & general managerial features.

One issue that did catch my eye was the lack of history for players in the lower leagues, well certainly not in the NI 2nd division, which is unusual as they are usually there. Even more strange when the key player was having a testimonial for 14 years service at the club, but then added he had yet to so far make a league appearance for the club. After my first game I also had a player injured concussed which he received in the match. This would be okay but the fact he never played in it even for a few seconds. I can only conclude he was warming up & headed into a billboard or something.

All in all though very good.

So far I'm really rather impressed with the game. I like the new match tactics screen. It feels so much more like I'm planning for a match. Rather than having numerous tactics to switch between, I find it simple and quick to alter things around before each game and I honestly feel that my choices alter the outcome of a match. This is something I wasn't feeling in the last two FMs I played; 14 and 13. (it may have been in last year but I missed a year)

There is one issue I'm finding a problem. I don't want to bug it because it's not clear cut, but it is niggling me. I'm playing a very expansive game with my team - the mighty Loughgall FC - pumping the ball forward to two flying wingers to cross into the box. The problem is I am seeing a lot of offsides, and often they don't appear to be offside when I rewind the match footage. It may be a new feature whereby linesman make mistakes, but it does happen alot where I'd confidently say they were onside; sometimes by quite a distance.

Like I say, it's not something I'm sure is worth me bug reporting, but I'm happy to provide a save file or match report should any dev see this and think it's worth looking at. It's just happened enough times that it's noticeable.

Human error is coded into the game, but if you think you see a lot of erroneous offside calls, then please do upload some examples and the SI guys will take a look. In Beta, the best thing to do is run with your gut instinct and log anything potentially dodgy as a prospective bug:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/437124-Reporting-a-Match-Engine-Problem

I never got FM15 so my last game was FM14. I am quite impressed so far, though have not got very far, as I was enjoying looking round & trying everything. The so called new features are pretty pointless as expected, though I never bought it for them but the ME & general managerial features.

One issue that did catch my eye was the lack of history for players in the lower leagues, well certainly not in the NI 2nd division, which is unusual as they are usually there. Even more strange when the key player was having a testimonial for 14 years service at the club, but then added he had yet to so far make a league appearance for the club. After my first game I also had a player injured concussed which he received in the match. This would be okay but the fact he never played in it even for a few seconds. I can only conclude he was warming up & headed into a billboard or something.

All in all though very good.

I've noticed the same thing regarding player histories in Northern Ireland. Players will have a number of seasons listed for my club - Loughgall - but no games. Just the Premier division in N.I. appears to have appearances. I'm guessing the research just isn't there for the lower divisions in N.I.

Human error is coded into the game, but if you think you see a lot of erroneous offside calls, then please do upload some examples and the SI guys will take a look. In Beta, the best thing to do is run with your gut instinct and log anything potentially dodgy as a prospective bug:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/437124-Reporting-a-Match-Engine-Problem

Thanks. I'll run a few more games tomorrow and see how it goes. If I'm still noticing issues I'll chuck in a bug report. Some are tight decisions and it is a low level. I don't think there's a Specsavers in Loughgall either! :D

This stupid issue is yet again happening in FM16:

I place an ad for a scout (I'm allowed 14 and currently have 6). I sign 2 scouts on the same day, and the ad is automatically withdrawn.

So I have to place another ad because I still want a few more scouts. Same thing happens with coaches.

Why is it not up to ME to cancel the ad? Especially when I want to sign a load of staff for a particular position (usually scouts and coaches).

I place an ad for a scout (I'm allowed 14 and currently have 6). I sign 2 scouts on the same day, and the ad is automatically withdrawn.

So I have to place another ad because I still want a few more scouts. Same thing happens with coaches.

Why is it not up to ME to cancel the ad? Especially when I want to sign a load of staff for a particular position (usually scouts and coaches).

Agreed - this is a ridiculous feature that has carried over a few FMs now. The ad should be automatically withdrawn when the final place is filled, not the first one.

I agree this sounds unnecessarily annoying. Could you please upload a bug report so SI can investigate?:

http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/516-Transfers-Contracts-and-Scouting-Issues

Even though the ME seems smoother and a bit more realistic, I'm still frustrated that my wingers/fullback will not cross until their marker has closed them down. And then, even if they happen to beat their marker they often turn around and cross with their weaker foot.

• Administrators

Yeah the functionality isn't ideal - we're aware of it and it's something we'll look into. Thanks for raising.

Has anyone noticed that if you negotiate an increased transfer budget as a part of a manager contract renewal - you don't get a news item about the increased budget like you do after a normal board request. I'm sure you used to.

I've done it twice now and not had anything. The first time I didn't notice change in budget, this time it has gone frtom £54k to £60k but I can't tell if that is just installments money coming in.

Should I be getting a message clarifying the size of the increase as you do after a normal board request or is this working as intended?

Totally agree. It's bleeding annoying.

Archived