Football Manager 2016 - Official Beta Feedback

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess that injury types are not particularly well developed at the moment, as during a preseason friendly Tim Howard broke his wrist and the medical advice was you could leave him on at a push. Would be nice if that could be a bit smarter in the future.

I think the reference to having players fitted with a face mask for the next game is a nice touch though.

Very good beta. I love it.

Tactic new GUI is fantastic for me. Better then lastest years.

I found several mistake in DB. Kits are wrong and transfert's date are not correct.

Please fix them, manly for FMT version becouse editor isn't in game.

• SI Staff
I guess that injury types are not particularly well developed at the moment, as during a preseason friendly Tim Howard broke his wrist and the medical advice was you could leave him on at a push. Would be nice if that could be a bit smarter in the future.

I think the reference to having players fitted with a face mask for the next game is a nice touch though.

If you think you've found a bug, could you please post it in here: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/506-Other-Gameplay-Issues

Issues that merit a look can get lost in this thread.

Many thanks,

Seb.

• SI Staff
Very good beta. I love it.

Tactic new GUI is fantastic for me. Better then lastest years.

I found several mistake in DB. Kits are wrong and transfert's date are not correct.

Please fix them, manly for FMT version becouse editor isn't in game.

Delighted you're enjoying it.

If you've found issues such as incorrect kits or transfers, please do take the time to post them in the relevant thread in here: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/504-Database-and-Research-Issues

That way they can get looked into and amended.

Cheers,

Seb.

Has anyone been able to give a reason for accepting a transfer offer? I feel like I maybe have once or twice, but there have definitely been a handful of transfers where I haven't been able to.

Is it only supposed to happen when you accept from certain screens? I'm only talking about individual bids, not selecting multi from transfer centre

If you think you've found a bug, could you please post it in here: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/506-Other-Gameplay-Issues

Issues that merit a look can get lost in this thread.

Many thanks,

Seb.

I don't think it's a bug, per se. A broken wrist is a playable injury (eg Gary Lineker - showing my age there!), but I don't think the game is smart enough yet to recognise that injuries can affect the ability to carry on in a given position differently. Hence it's feedback :)

The advice however, in a preseason game, to leave any player on the pitch with an injury is a bug, in my opinion. Not remotely important though.

My two pence:

1) Don't like the blurry background at all when a new box comes up (proceed to match for example). Hurts my eyes.

2) Small thing but after the first game a stat came up saying a team was very leaky 'conceding two goals in one matches (sic)'

3) When you say your team will win the league, you get asked questions in the third person before answering in the third person - "I think we'll win the league" "Why them?" "Because they have a good squad"

4) I can't find where you make the matchday info boxes more transparent. At the moment they're taking up quite a lot of the screen and I can't see through them.

5) I may have missed something but I'm pretty sure the match camera is automatically resetting to Director at the start of each game.

As a follow-on from this, I've just entered contract negotiations with a player having been knocked out of the CL qualifiers (really is a first time for everything...) and dumped into the Europa League. The player wanted a bonus for winning it, but the bonus came up twice on the negotiation page, except one had the rest star next to it. I removed it and added it again and once again it came up twice with one not being allowed, but when I tried offering a bonus to reach any other round it worked fine.

Oh, and one other thing I'm not keen on is the news items all being highlighted in red. I previous versions that was saved for items you had to respond to and felt much clearer.

Also, Wayne Rooney's just been described as a 'Man Utd lad' in a presser, which is wrong for all sorts of reasons.

I do like the advice i get about the next opponent.

Although tactical-wise i don't like that the suggestios i go with are made permanent.

My base tactic will just become a mess if i don't load it back up after every match.

I do think i understand why they are made permanent seeing that i'm not in a match, but still. Keep those suggestion for those particular matches only.

I might have missed something but i would like the same advice presented to me on the next opponent scout report.

Not in the backroom.

I only go to the backroom every fortnight and i don't want to go there more often either.

Tactic screen i don't find particularly good.

It was bad in FM15 but for me it's worse in FM16. Visually it's a disaster.

Functionality-wise...well.....i could do everything i wanted to in FM14. And that screen was a thing of beauty. It was perfect.

Now i have stayed away from the tactics screen in FM15 and i probably won't return there in FM16 either; apart from when i have to, of course.

Those blocks....oh dear, those blocks.

Team instructions.

I don't know. Right now i'm in between. In a way i kind of like it because of the more visual approach.

In another way i don't like it because i find it very cluttery and, in a way, unorganised.

At the moment i do miss the old team instructions from FM15.

Absolutely love leagues in focus.

Easier to keep track of my most wanted leagues.

Screen flow is working perfectly for me. Something i've missed for a very, very long time.

UI is smooth and responsive. Excellent stuff there in general.

3D presentation is also smooth.

A bit of the good old stutter-before-goal as it always is in every Beta.

Haven't finished a season yet so i have much to experience and discover yet but so far so good.

The game does have potential to be a very good game.

I can't figure out how to highlight which attributes receive particular focus in each of the various playing roles a player can train in. For example, if I change the player's training role from one thing to something quite different (e.g. deep-lying playmaker [defend] to ball-winning midfielder [support]), the highlighted attributes remain the same.

Obviously, choosing playing roles for players to train in is important to how I develop the them, but I can't make sounds decisions about it without knowing which attributes each role emphasises.

It's the past this has been pretty easy. Hopefully I'm just missing something really obvious.

Delighted you're enjoying it.

If you've found issues such as incorrect kits or transfers, please do take the time to post them in the relevant thread in here: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/504-Database-and-Research-Issues

That way they can get looked into and amended.

Cheers,

Seb.

Hi Seb, i did it, but hope that you check all teas before release. It's impossible verify all teams for me.

I don't think it's a bug, per se. A broken wrist is a playable injury (eg Gary Lineker - showing my age there!), but I don't think the game is smart enough yet to recognise that injuries can affect the ability to carry on in a given position differently. Hence it's feedback :)

The advice however, in a preseason game, to leave any player on the pitch with an injury is a bug, in my opinion. Not remotely important though.

As he's a keeper I'd say I'd say it's am issue that should be fixed, definitely worth raising in the bugs forum.

Loving the beta, overall feel is really nice, the tactics screen "boxes" need to go but the rest is great

Noticed a couple of things, when i go to give in game team talk (touchline shouts) I click assertively and then after clicking say encourage the cursor disappears until I move it out of the team talk box.

Also, playing as Cheltenham, one of my kits says it is purple but shows up as sky blue in game

Edit: Just remembered another, when looking through my staff upon taking up the job I noticed that they weren't showing on the profile screen of the person until I went to another screen and then back again, happened with every one, the place where attributes are was just blank

Awesome game, keep up the good work to all involved

It would be nice if the Attributes screen had the players star rating somewhere, preferably with the option to choose which backroom staff members opinion it shows. At least at with my resolution (1920x1080), there's lots of empty space on the screen where it'd fit in as well.

I don't like new match stats screen. The bar is too thin and wide, numbers are located on opposite sides of screen so I can't visually check it in one glimpse like it was before. Is it worth raising in interface section?

*edit* here is comparison pics

zufm2g.jpg

708836d1416222198-recreating-sir-alex-fergusons-2012-counter-tactic-football-manager-2015-chelsea.jpg

Really enjoying it at the moment. For some reason though there are no fans when I view a match in 3D. I've checked the settings and I have it selected. But still no fans. Have not seen anyone else have this problem as yet so is it something I can fix?

Really enjoying it at the moment. For some reason though there are no fans when I view a match in 3D. I've checked the settings and I have it selected. But still no fans. Have not seen anyone else have this problem as yet so is it something I can fix?

What Graphics Quality are you using? Crowd is turned off on the Very Low setting.

1) Managing Truro, and I can't find any staff at all, except for a couple of horrendous coaches. Even placing an advert isn't working. I chose a small database for this save to keep the transfer market more dynamic, but this seems to have removed any staff who would be interested in coming.

If you leave it a week, and then check your backroom advice, some much better staff will usually have been suggested, particularly scouts.

Unable to tell team to waste time during a match, that area of the instructions is unselectable. Is this normal or a bug?

I think it autmatically selects depending on style/mentality etc. If you go defensive it will be almost full, for example.

The home advantage is still too strong. I win most of my home matches comfortably but get beaten comfortably away from home. Doesn't seem to make much difference if I play attacking or defensive

It's not really the home advantage itself. It is tactical. If you find managers are too cautious away from home or maybe even far too attacking at home, those PKMs would be useful.

Loving the beta, i missed out FM15 so theres a lot of new features compared to 14. One thing that im getting my head around is the new scouting (probably done in 15), the black stars. Am i right in thinking that the black stars are what the scout doesnt know yet? for example if somebodys got a PA of 3 stars, but two black stars at the end, he could be 5 star PA, but at the same time he could be 3 star PA, and i need to keep scouting him to eliminate the black stars? I don't like googling good players so i like it scout, it just takes a lot longer haha, i like it though, a lot more realistic than getting an accurate scout report after one week.

Loving the beta, i missed out FM15 so theres a lot of new features compared to 14. One thing that im getting my head around is the new scouting (probably done in 15), the black stars. Am i right in thinking that the black stars are what the scout doesnt know yet? for example if somebodys got a PA of 3 stars, but two black stars at the end, he could be 5 star PA, but at the same time he could be 3 star PA, and i need to keep scouting him to eliminate the black stars? I don't like googling good players so i like it scout, it just takes a lot longer haha, i like it though, a lot more realistic than getting an accurate scout report after one week.

That's correct. Think of black stars as the area of uncertainty.

Edit: You do need to keep scouting to reduce the uncertainty, but keep in mind that for younger players' PA, there may be either uncertainty anyway or your scouts could just be wrong.

that's exactly it

also if you play with attribute masking on, then you'll see a band of attributes (like pace 15-20, actual value 16) of which will take some more scouting to uncover

edit: dammit Hunter!

I feel there is finally a big difference in players ability shown during a match. For example my team is much more dangerous with my star winger in the squad than when I'm playing a second option instead of him. Like in FM15 with Barca, playing Suso instead of Messi , you couldn't really tell a dip in the performance of the team, at least not enough. Now I feel it is much more a factor. Maybe I'm just seeing things though.. :D

Still getting certain players moaning which wouldn't be the case in reality. I'm playing as Hibs in the Scottish Championship, we have a strong squad and are 2nd fav for promotion, my captain and the longest serving player (10 years and due a testimonial) have both said the want to play in the premiership. Now my problem is both have just signed an extension to their contract taking them up to 2017, why would they suddenly moan about wanting to play in the Premiership? They just extended in the summer, surely any player with a year left would be looking to move not my 2 steadiest players, both with excellent personalities and both extremely professional. Looks like it'll be a case of buying the editor just to get rid of some of the nonsense from moaning players again.

I hope to see this as well.

I always used 75% zoom. I have a strong suspicion though that SI will have used steam collected data and decided that as only a small percentage used it, 85% might be a better option. I don't think it will return, and if it is a numbers game I don't mind that. SI will have more important things to focus on I suspect.

Having played around a bit last night, I agree with the 'cluttered' feel of the player profile screen. I am not going to write it off just yet, because most of the information displayed is stuff that I used to add with skins anyway and some of the other info is actually pretty nice. I'll give myself a week to get used to the layout then play with it myself to try and find a balance. Failing that I'll wait for a skin.

Still getting certain players moaning which wouldn't be the case in reality. I'm playing as Hibs in the Scottish Championship, we have a strong squad and are 2nd fav for promotion, my captain and the longest serving player (10 years and due a testimonial) have both said the want to play in the premiership. Now my problem is both have just signed an extension to their contract taking them up to 2017, why would they suddenly moan about wanting to play in the Premiership? They just extended in the summer, surely any player with a year left would be looking to move not my 2 steadiest players, both with excellent personalities and both extremely professional. Looks like it'll be a case of buying the editor just to get rid of some of the nonsense from moaning players again.

Why not report it with a copy of the save from just before the complaint? SI can then review the situation and implement fixes, if needed?

I'm in January and it's still only at around 70%

Trained match tactics at 50% in pre-season and 30% after

I'm fine with my game, started of sliding all the way to the left and had it on Balance/Heavy, then dropped from Heavy to Average after 4-5 weeks, I've just started the 1st game of the season and I'm at around 75-80%

Like in FM15 with Barca, playing Suso instead of Messi , you couldn't really tell a dip in the performance of the team, at least not enough.

I'm sorry, but that is absolute nonsense. Having played a number of saves on FM 15, managing both Suso (the Liverpool/Milan one) and Messi, I can tell you that I always knew when Messi was playing.

Now, you may have a point that sometimes the differences in players is not obvious enough on screen, but if you couldn't tell the difference between the players in your example last year, I can only assume you tried to play them both as limited defenders.

I've been playing and in 3d almost constantly since release and your post is the first time since the first game I've remembered there are managers now.

Made me wonder:

- Has any basic attempt to replicate real manager attire and/or proportions in the DB?

- Will retiring players who become managers then keep their appearance and particularly proportions for their manager?

- What about newgens that later retire?

- Why do I care about these questions?

Researchers are able to assign height, weight, hair colour, skin colour, outfit preferences and touchline tendencies (sitting, pacing technical area etc.) to all staff members.

Why not report it with a copy of the save from just before the complaint? SI can then review the situation and implement fixes, if needed?

Don't think it's a bug as the game itself won't know these 2 players have just signed an extension, I just think it's the way the game is trying to be more realistic by having the odd player not happy or wanting to play at a higher level, it happens IRL so it'll happen in game, it was in the FM15 and I just dealt with it by answering their complaints with the proper response, same this time. I'll keep an eye on it and if it becomes to regular with other players I'll report it.

Archived