15.15 - Salary Cap Management

It seems like a players contract demands are based off of 'player role' instead of players skill/production... UFAs are alright, but the problem with low salaries seems to be from re-signing players... This is a game killer IMO

• 2 weeks later...

Currently uploading 'Javs_Low Contract Demand'. Sadly I had already renewed (higher then he wanted, but still low) and cannot find a save before he signed.

Hopefully this helps, it's Nick Petan btw. Re-signing players in general is WAY too easy as they all want low money.

In my 10-year sim I did when I checked the drafts, most of NHL teams was way way below the cap. There were a couple of players making 10 or 11 millions (one was Doughty, can't remember the other one), then there were a few top-players earning seven to eight million or even less (ovechkin signed with the Kings as an UFA for like 5 millions and a half, McDavid was making 6.5 millions, and similar numbers).

• SI Staff

I've located an issue with the player reputation updates that has now been fixed for the next update. I've also done some other adjustments on the expected wages so these both should help the issue in the future. However it will take some time for these effects to filter through, so they won't be immediately effective for new contract offers as it takes a bit of time for the reputations of players performing well to pick up.

• 3 months later...

I've had the opposite of this issue. Basically after the first 2 days of free agency everyone else that is a UFA is left to rot because all the players are demanding 8-11 million dollar salaries. When I go to the free agent page and just search all players I have to go all the way to page 5 to find a single player with a cap hit below $7 million dollars. Currently there are 8 players with Superb reputations who will certainly go unsigned because the lowest contract demand is still over $5m per year.

I have the same problem as the thread starter. Several teams below the salary cap and a couple way below. For example check out Ottawa's cap hit in the screenshot below:

salary_cap_problem.png

I don't know if fixes have been made that require starting a new game to take effect, because this is an old save.

As I noted over at TBL, in my most recent test, done over the last couple weeks, on NHL opening night in October 2045 there are no teams below the Salary Floor - the lowest team is the Ducks at 56.425 million. The Ducks are one of 5 teams below 60 million; 10 teams are over 67 million

Archived