Sports Interactive Community
steff91

A Scandinavian/Nordic Save here is my options...

Which Team Should I Choose In My Scandinavian/Nordic Save  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Which Team Should I Choose In My Scandinavian/Nordic Save

• IFK Gothenburg-Sweden
    • Randers FC-Denmark
    • Stromsgodset-Norway
    • FC IIves Tampere-Finland
    • Keflavik-Iceland

So as i am going to be doing a Scandinavian/Nordic type of save in FM16 when it comes,im quite intrigued to get some feedback from the community here on a few teams i have sort of shortlisted who i can think would be a half decent save to do.Here are the following...

Ps would also be interesting to hear if you have managed any of these in previous FM's too...

Thanks for taking the time on voting in my poll everyone.It is much appreciated ;)

I am a dane, and I have managed in Denmark (obviously), Sweden and Norway of these. I enjoyed Sweden the most for some reason. I would choose a worse team than IFK though, as I think you can win the championship fairly easy - but that's of course personal preference.

I can't very well recommend Randers as I absolutely detest the club. :D

So if I may make an unimaginative but alternative suggestion, pick "my" team SønderjyskE and take them to the top of Danish - and possibly European - football. They have actually had a very good start to the current season IRL, so could also be interesting to see if you could emulate or even top that... :)

Well i usually pick more of a challenge, as Mr_Demus says IFK is way to easy (unless that is what you want and aim for European Glory). In Sweden i usually take/took Örebro(familiarity), Brommapojkarna (because of the Youth Setup) or Örgryte to bring them back to Glory. In Iceland HK or Fjölnir because of their Youth Setup, in Finland SJK. No experience in Danmark.

I didn't vote as the "other" option is missing. :p

Thanks for the input so far guys!!! @Linie i was actually thinking Fjolnir but went for Keflavik instead there in Iceland,but these are the 5 teams i feel personally would be a decent challenge,hence the lack of other option.

@dllu,i chose Randers as it was closest to the name of my team Rangers :D

@Mr_Demus,I think IFK would be a challenge for me,given my lack of knowledge really of Swedish footy,didnt want something there too hard really.

Again,thanks for the input lads :thup:

I would have suggested Aalesund in Norway, mainly because it's one of the most beautiful cities in the world.

I would have suggested Aalesund in Norway, mainly because it's one of the most beautiful cities in the world.

Dont really know why stromsgodset stood out,i think they have a bit of history about them in europe years ago,vaguely remember reading about them somewhere in the old uefa cup i think it was *unsure*

Malmo FF..! :) Got Zlatan back after contract went out with PSG. and he became club legend direct!

Has good youth recruitment and a board that wants you to develop youngsters, which is always fun!

(Plus they just beat Shachtar Donetsk in CL, IRL) See if you can do better than them in FM..

Swedish leagues have always been good saves as long as I've been playing CM/FM, no matter what division you choose..

Good luck in Scandinavia and hope you have fun!

Edit: Can't see poll om my cellphone, so sorry if I went off a bit..

Malmo FF..! :) Got Zlatan back after contract went out with PSG. and he became club legend direct!

Has good youth recruitment and a board that wants you to develop youngsters, which is always fun!

(Plus they just beat Shachtar Donetsk in CL, IRL) See if you can do better than them in FM..

Swedish leagues have always been good saves as long as I've been playing CM/FM, no matter what division you choose..

Good luck in Scandinavia and hope you have fun!

Edit: Can't see poll om my cellphone, so sorry if I went off a bit..

Thank you very much Soninho,Sweden did look ok actually,but im sticking to my guns here and choosing what the community vote for,and so far Stromsgodset is looking more likely right up until the beta gets here.

Thank you very much Soninho,Sweden did look ok actually,but im sticking to my guns here and choosing what the community vote for,and so far Stromsgodset is looking more likely right up until the beta gets here.

Ok. No problem! Stromgodset will also be a good save I think! Played a save with them, (a long time ago), and is a good choice in the norwegian league..!

I might've picked either Viking or Brann. Viking SK has a long history, is a powerhouse in Norwegian football and was once managed by Roy Hodgson. Brann is a faded glory, relegated in 2014, it'd be a good save to bring the club back to glory.

Good luck on your choice, I love me some Scandinavian Football!

Having just started an FM14 save with Orgryte (took over halfway through the season with them in a relegation place - aim is to survive then build) I would go for IFK as have a fondness for Gothenburg (plus really easy stadium to get to!)

Having just started an FM14 save with Orgryte (took over halfway through the season with them in a relegation place - aim is to survive then build) I would go for IFK as have a fondness for Gothenburg (plus really easy stadium to get to!)

What about NFC in Denmark? There have recently been a large(-ish) investment into the club by succesful businessman Claus Meyer and former Premier League footballer Claus Jensen, both original from the local area, coupled with a money raising campaign. Ambitions are to compete in the Superliga by 2020. I'm excited to see how this is reflected in the FM16 database.

Thanks for the lastest input again guys,NFC in denmark? What club is NFC AllurBase? Poll is shaping up quite nicely,starting to be quite competitive now as i though it would be..

Thanks for the lastest input again guys,NFC in denmark? What club is NFC AllurBase? Poll is shaping up quite nicely,starting to be quite competitive now as i though it would be..

Nykøbing F.C. formerly in the 2nd division east, now in the 2nd division group 2 for the current transitional season before the new league structure.

Allow me to throw in a suggestion for the Swedish league - Hammarby.

The third team in Stockholm in terms of success, but Bajen are the best supported club in Sweden (hopefully we'll set a new record against Malmö on Sunday). Back in the top division after several seasons in the second tier, the club are on the up, and now the challenge is to kick on and challenge for honours.

There's a new ground (which is great in real life, as far as new grounds go), and with good support you should receive some good funds to spend.

There's decent youth facilities, and some reasonable prospects.

Should be a good challenge!

Thanks for the suggestions everyone,but my choices are going to be wholely concentrated on the five teams in the poll.But team mentions are always nice to hear too. :)

Looking like a very close poll so far guys,threw up a couple of surprises by the looks of it though.

I just looked at some images. I think I have found my next holiday destination.

In FM2015 I started off with Floro in the Second Division Group 3. Spent six years with them and loved every minute.

Very suprised that Keflavik are away in front in the poll,i would have thought they were about 4th place at best,still plenty of time to spare though.get voting guys,i appreciate your feedback here-very important to me this is!!!!!

Well, if you don't like the result don't follow it... ;)

Had a fun save a few versions back with Viikingit in Finland. Never could get out of the group in CL though :(

Had a fun save a few versions back with Viikingit in Finland. Never could get out of the group in CL though :(

Suppose it depends on the squad and other financial stuff though eh? This is something ive never done on FM before hence my asking for feedback from the SI community,come on guys get a vote in!!!! Looks like im going to Keflavik so far could you change that? Get voting,much appreciated lads!!!!!

I will also be making the team with the most votes when the poll closes into a career thread on here at the SI careers section so that you guys can see how things are progressing..

Cheers guys

Come on lads lets get the votes in.Hopefully decision will be made by the weekend!!!

Speaking of Norway, I think it would be cool to do a save with Tromsø IL. They are at the very top of Norway, while all the the other clubs except for one are at the bottom. They are also the northern most point where European football has ever been played. It has got to be pretty damn cold there, while also giving a huge advantage to the home players use to playing in that weather.

The rest of the clubs are 1410km - 2080 km away (875 miles - 1300 miles), except for FK Bodø/Glimt which is 550km (340 miles) away.

So the voting is now closed.My decision is IFK Gothenburg,although keflavik was away out in front at some point so who knows.. based on all the votes(all of 62 of them which was rather dissapointing if im being honest out of 900+ views!!!) but to the ones who did vote,THANK YOU VERY MUCH and let the games commence.I will post a link up to the career thread so that if anyone is relatively interested-which i doubt,then its there.

Cheers :)

I pretty much follow everything on the career forum, so looking forward to it - even though I voted for Keflavík...... ;)

I pretty much follow everything on the career forum, so looking forward to it - even though I voted for Keflavík...... ;)

Thanks dllu,will be getting it organised very soon.