Reduce player complaints in fm16 Y/N Poll

Remove player complaints not getting a chance to play in first team for fm16  

560 members have voted

1. 1. Remove player complaints not getting a chance to play in first team for fm16

• Reduce the amount of complaints from players not playing.
    • Keep the same amount of complaints in fm15 for fm16
    • Totally remove player complaints and keep them in player profile instead of inbox
    • Have them permanently removed from game to reduce admin tasks.
    • Have the players complain more so to be more realistic

Ty all for replying, there is plenty of time left. Some people are stating that the post was created to have the talks removed from the game, I never said that even though there is an option for it. I would again state that it be limited. For e.g. I don't want to see 10 sentence options, last thing i want to do is read a paragraph and choosing what i think might work.

Let alone in real life there are contracts made to players where if they start to disrupt squad harmony they get penalized for it, or if they come across strict club contracts they are not to raise anything at all as that would be a breach of contract. Yes since we have players asking for bonuses in contracts why can't the manager also included some of his clauses in the contract as well since we are talking about management. Seems to me there is only a one way communication road only made out for the player and the manager has to listen to all his complaints when the time comes.

I still believe this area needs huge improvement the majority have voted for a modification to it. Can it be better then what it currently is ? yes i believe so. There are many ways to do this as i just mentioned above by allowing the manager to enter clauses in the players contract thats just 1 idea. Instead of complaining about the poll it would be nice if you guys (who are complaining) can also type out what other alternatives can be made to make it more smoother than what it currently is.

Much appreciated

FM Fan.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
People often complain that the AI aren't good enough at creating squads, but then on the flip side criticise the only real way in game to stop user players hoarding players? You couldn't make it up. :D

Don't take this thread to seriously, people are complaining about something that is obviously realistic, and balances out the difficulty of the game for AI and human users, They are just frusted because they have to work a bit harder to maintain squads..

If there are less complaints.. the user will be able to haul all the best players, without even playing them.. which is unrealistic... Imagine if GK Victor Valdes in Manchester United was satisfied being in reserves and not being played.. however he was complaining.. like a real player with ambition will.

On a different NOTE...I hope Classic 2D match view is going to STAY in FM, it is the best view for watching players positioning and movement etc.. FM will not be FM without Classic 2D view

Don't take this thread to seriously, people are complaining about something that is obviously realistic, and balances out the difficulty of the game for AI and human users, They are just frusted because they have to work a bit harder to maintain squads..

If there are less complaints.. the user will be able to haul all the best players, without even playing them.. which is unrealistic... Imagine if GK Victor Valdes in Manchester United was satisfied being in reserves and not being played.. however he was complaining.. like a real player with ambition will.

On a different NOTE...I hope Classic 2D match view is going to STAY in FM, it is the best view for watching players positioning and movement etc.. FM will not be FM without Classic 2D view

You can still horde players if you choose. I've never horded players. To be honest, that comment by Neil seems like an excuse. How much impact can one user player have on the global database?

You can still horde players if you choose. I've never horded players. To be honest, that comment by Neil seems like an excuse. How much impact can one user player have on the global database?

Historic evidence suggests significant.

How many users have we seen over the years use the likes of genie scout and hoover up every youngster in the database with 180+ PA.

As Neil pointed out players becoming unhappy for a variety of reasons is the only way to stop human users hogging all the talent indefinitely. Its basically the only mechanism in the game forcing human users to sell or lose players.

To be honest, that comment by Neil seems like an excuse. How much impact can one user player have on the global database?

if you set up a small DB, then go about signing all the young talent (-9s, Tielemans, other) then you're going to have poorer AI squads in the future as they'll be limited to regens (of which you could hoard the good ones up too) - this is quite significant impact on the database

actually - set up a small DB (with no players on the default DB) and then sign:

Scuffet, Rulli

Mayke, Danilo

Balanta, Samir (if available), Dragovic, Otamendi

Rodriguez, Telles

L Romero, Kranevitter, Ajer

Florenzi, Jorginho, Coman, Tielemans

Sisto, Tariq, Lozano, Odegaard

Munir

and then see how the AI does in a few years after you've hoovered all that talent up

if you set up a small DB, then go about signing all the young talent (-9s, Tielemans, other) then you're going to have poorer AI squads in the future as they'll be limited to regens (of which you could hoard the good ones up too) - this is quite significant impact on the database

actually - set up a small DB (with no players on the default DB) and then sign:

Scuffet, Rulli

Mayke, Danilo

Balanta, Samir (if available), Dragovic, Otamendi

Rodriguez, Telles

L Romero, Kranevitter, Ajer

Florenzi, Jorginho, Coman, Tielemans

Sisto, Tariq, Lozano, Odegaard

Munir

and then see how the AI does in a few years after you've hoovered all that talent up

Okay, but you are effectively stopping people cheating. I play with a large DB, have never horded players, don't use genie scout. So how are player complaints helping the AI in my game build better squads?

Okay, but you are effectively stopping people cheating. I play with a large DB, have never horded players, don't use genie scout. So how are player complaints helping the AI in my game build better squads?

I'm sure Miles has posted on twitter that AI clubs will handle complaints better in FM16 which in terms of squad building means we'll hopefully see AI clubs develop youngsters better as they'll complain if they don't get playing time. This should lead to more rotation and better overall squads with players at different stages of their development much how human users approach squads.

It should also lead to more transfer activity as unhappy players will want to move on.

• 2 weeks later...

This game needs some serious AI overhaul seriously

Key players - Easy enough, they are expected to start every league game and continental cup games but...

A.) when they got injured and are just returning from it, isnt it normal practice to have to play them 1-3 reserve matches to have them back to complete fitness? AI seems to neglect this and they just complain that they are not starting enough after coming back from injury

B.) Continental matches - key players should have an idea that league games are just as important as these games, managers should have the option of telling these players that they are being rested for these games

C.) minimum squad rotation - for the love of God, if you have 80% match fitness then dont complain that after 2 games I didnt start you

First team players - same as above but if you signed a contract as a first team player then it should be understood that you will be rotated and that maybe 6/10 games you will be starting to manage fitness

rotation players - if you are a rotation players, dont complain about not starting enough games. Thats your contract

back up players - you're a developmental/back up players and you signed that in your contract. never complain about not having enough first team football

This game needs some serious AI overhaul seriously

Key players - Easy enough, they are expected to start every league game and continental cup games but...

A.) when they got injured and are just returning from it, isnt it normal practice to have to play them 1-3 reserve matches to have them back to complete fitness? AI seems to neglect this and they just complain that they are not starting enough after coming back from injury

B.) Continental matches - key players should have an idea that league games are just as important as these games, managers should have the option of telling these players that they are being rested for these games

C.) minimum squad rotation - for the love of God, if you have 80% match fitness then dont complain that after 2 games I didnt start you

First team players - same as above but if you signed a contract as a first team player then it should be understood that you will be rotated and that maybe 6/10 games you will be starting to manage fitness

rotation players - if you are a rotation players, dont complain about not starting enough games. Thats your contract

back up players - you're a developmental/back up players and you signed that in your contract. never complain about not having enough first team football

First team players getting 6/10 starts may complain. What you need to remember is that it depends on player personality and also their own opinion of ability, not just what you decide their squad status to be.

I would like to see some variation between the ways in which a player responds to low playing time. I'd like to see them (or their agents) talk to the press and stir up trouble externally without always threatening to stir up trouble internally.

I do think there needs to be a better grace period for injury recoveries. That really is frustrating, considering how difficult it is to nurse someone back to health. There are other tweaks that could be made, but overall, I think the player complaints are vastly improved from 2-3 years ago in this franchise.

What attributes influence to convince a player of my team to accept my opinion, for example when they complain of lack of time. Determination, Human Resource Management, Discipline, etc. Or those attributes do not affect the interaction with the players? Sorry for the bad english :p

i'd like to say that if X is playing well or the team is doing well then you have to wait and take your chance when it comes along

I actually had the option to say "player is in the form of his life right now, there's no chance I'm dropping him for you"

He was averaging around a 7.2 over his last 5 when the complaint was made

edit:

as a side note, there's no way to say "I agree with you" when talking to players that come about with this

I25dWDp.jpg

the 'next month' option is VERY pointless, as I have no competitive games in the next month (it's July)

all other options are refuting his claims (or loaning him out, whatever)

and he actually impressed me in the games he did play last season, so I'll be giving him more games (particularly as I sold on Pogba due to 'wanting ManCity move')

edit2: I'm actually not complaining about it, as I feel that a 22yo should be asking for more first team football for the sake of his career

I'm just annoyed that I can't say "I agree with you, you'll be playing more next season"

It really has become Morale Manager over the past few years. And no matter what you say to the players who want first team football, or better cheese for the post-match meal, it inevitably becomes a bigger issue that boils over to the rest of the team.

I very rarely have any players set as "First team player" any more as if they don't play for two games in a row, they are whinging in the press about lack of game time.

And interest from other clubs is unbearable. If one team shows an interest in a player, they instantly want to leave to further their career. Even if that team never make an offer.

It needs work.

It really has become Morale Manager over the past few years. And no matter what you say to the players who want first team football, or better cheese for the post-match meal, it inevitably becomes a bigger issue that boils over to the rest of the team.

I very rarely have any players set as "First team player" any more as if they don't play for two games in a row, they are whinging in the press about lack of game time.

And interest from other clubs is unbearable. If one team shows an interest in a player, they instantly want to leave to further their career. Even if that team never make an offer.

It needs work.

You do realize some of those complaints will likely be because they think they deserve a better status in the team? And they are much more likely to want to move on "to further their career", as every team offering them first team or key status will look appealing to them.

It's weird though. Some people make this out to be a horrible, extremely unbalanced aspect of the game, while the majority have no problems with it at all.

For me in 5 season with Villa on the Beta I've had a total of two players move on due to wanting first team football, and in both cases they were completely legitimate as they had 3 years in the club, the squad had gotten infinitely better while they had stagnated and played less and less 1st team games. Each season I get maybe a couple or a few complaints like this, and they are mostly solvable through the options that indicate long season/loan/more games. The only thing I struggled with slightly is the start of the season, where you mostly play 1 game a week, everyone is well rested and rotation is not really needed.

It needs work.

Unbearable? Players wanting a conversation??? You should easily talk them into waiting for a concrete offer, at the very, very least.

Unbearable? Players wanting a conversation??? You should easily talk them into waiting for a concrete offer, at the very, very least.

I do find it strange when it happens outside of a transfer window

I had Pogba come to me in November about interest from ManCity

It seems logical that you'd sell him if an acceptable bid (or any old bid) comes in, which leads to them dropping the issue when the transfer window closes

I do find it strange when it happens outside of a transfer window

I had Pogba come to me in November about interest from ManCity

It seems logical that you'd sell him if an acceptable bid (or any old bid) comes in, which leads to them dropping the issue when the transfer window closes

Nothing prevents a club from making an offer in November though. It's not really about that. It's just seeking assurance that if they do make an offer, whenever that is, he wants it to be accepted etc.

The thing that's annoyed me for a few releases now is players asking for a new contract, and when you promise to offer one, their agent refuses to negotiate. Then the player accuses you of breaking the promise. It's worse this time out. I've just had a second player do this, and morale was already in the toilet because of the first one.

What I don't like is the fact that the game itself doesn't know the players who have just signed either a new contract or extended their contract, then suddenly they say they're wanting to challenge themselves in a higher league etc. I've been playing around with beta till the official launch and every game I start my captain (extension) and longest serving player (10 yrs 2 yrs extension) have been chased by an average team in the SPFL. I play as Hibernian and we are one of the favourites for promotion, yet when Hamilton come calling these 2 players are unhappy? I could understand my young striker, top scorer las season and IRL banging them in again this season, he's hungry and the lure of big bucks etc are common but not my captain and longest serving player who have just signed extensions. Hence why I buy the in game editor to get rid of all nonsense like this.

While players moaning about playing time is alright as an idea, there's too much nonsensical variation in which dialogue options are available. For instance, the moaning usually begins in bloody August, after three games or so, and there's times when I can't tell them that there's still a hell of a lot of games to come up. And after all, what kind of player would moan that early into the season instead of trying to impress the manager during his playing time which he totally gets because he's either a pathological liar or fell on his head too much as a kid and can't remember what he did two days ago? Speaking of which, this particular player interaction needs a "But you are already getting play time/Football is a team game/I need you to stay fresh all season long" dialogue option.

• Administrators
I actually had the option to say "player is in the form of his life right now, there's no chance I'm dropping him for you"

He was averaging around a 7.2 over his last 5 when the complaint was made

edit:

as a side note, there's no way to say "I agree with you" when talking to players that come about with this

I25dWDp.jpg

the 'next month' option is VERY pointless, as I have no competitive games in the next month (it's July)

all other options are refuting his claims (or loaning him out, whatever)

and he actually impressed me in the games he did play last season, so I'll be giving him more games (particularly as I sold on Pogba due to 'wanting ManCity move')

edit2: I'm actually not complaining about it, as I feel that a 22yo should be asking for more first team football for the sake of his career

I'm just annoyed that I can't say "I agree with you, you'll be playing more next season"

That's a bug, I'd suggest raising it (ideally with a save game from just beforehand) here so our team can look into it - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/506-Other-Gameplay-Issues

Thanks.

That's a bug, I'd suggest raising it (ideally with a save game from just beforehand) here so our team can look into it - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/506-Other-Gameplay-Issues

Thanks.

:|

The thing with Player Interaction is that it doesn't repeat with regularity (especially considering it came from a Assistant talking to the player event)

Nevertheless, I have created a thread and uploaded the save

I would love to have it back as it was in FM14, especially players that come back from long injuries.

For example in FM15 it"s unrealistic that when a injured player is nurtured back to match fitness he suddenly gets unhappy with playing time.

Surely he cannot expect to start matches with 55% match fitness.

This never happened in FM14.

i'd really like this to be looked at too

for those who said that players complaints must be increase i really want to see then when they get 1-2 players unhappy about they lack of the first time soccer after 5-6 match in the league and 3-4 match in Europe. this is an issue and must the treat careful.

I'm sick of this kind of players what ask for more match, to say also that on FM 15 i had players of 17-18 years what come out this this problems... this players complain must be readuce in my opinion. And lets all have a look on how many players you see on TV, Media telling, CRYING that he not play much. You guys want more realistic, let's be more realistic and see how its in real...

I don't think anyone who voted for "Have the players complain more so to be more realistic" has played FM15...

on FM15, I don't think I got any complaints about 'lack of first team football' or whatever, in the 4 seasons I played with my custom team

on FM16, I got 4 complaints in my sole season of Juventus football (Zaza, Asamoah, Sturaro, Sandro) all of which had first-team status and weren't being played - all 3 were competent players, I just didn't realise it

I know it's not like-for-like, as I tend to run paper-thin squads (with my custom team) so I'm willing to call that roughly even

People often complain that the AI aren't good enough at creating squads, but then on the flip side criticise the only real way in game to stop user players hoarding players? You couldn't make it up. :D

This is true but there are times when the AI has little idea of facts and reality. I've had bids for 2 players my captain and longest serving player of 10 yrs, both have just signed contract extensions in the summer but after a bid is made they want to play in the Scottish premiership, this isn't happening IRL. I'd understand if it was my 19 striker who's banging in goals or my CH who's contract is up next year but not 2 players who have just extended their contracts with the club and are now moaning cause I knocked back the bids.

So this guy is complaining for more first team soccer....

rnVQiRv.jpg

look at the date..Jeezzzzuzzz

What's the date got to do with the validity of his concerns? All that example needs is for the player's statement to include reference to starting more matches next season & for the top reply option to be something along the lines of "I plan to use you more often from next season."

This is true but there are times when the AI has little idea of facts and reality. I've had bids for 2 players my captain and longest serving player of 10 yrs, both have just signed contract extensions in the summer but after a bid is made they want to play in the Scottish premiership, this isn't happening IRL. I'd understand if it was my 19 striker who's banging in goals or my CH who's contract is up next year but not 2 players who have just extended their contracts with the club and are now moaning cause I knocked back the bids.

If they can earn more money elsewhere or move to a bigger club/division why wouldn't they be interested? How often do you here "contracts are worth nothing these days" from real life managers, players & others involved in football?

What's the date got to do with the validity of his concerns? All that example needs is for the player's statement to include reference to starting more matches next season & for the top reply option to be something along the lines of "I plan to use you more often from next season."

as Neil said in post 173, I had a similar issue and he told me to report it as a bug, given the lack of competitive fixtures over the coming month causing the promise to eventually fail (it's June)

If they can earn more money elsewhere or move to a bigger club/division why wouldn't they be interested? How often do you here "contracts are worth nothing these days" from real life managers, players & others involved in football?

But they just signed 2 year contract extensions in June, I play as Hibernian and we are favourites with Rangers to go up this season. The club chasing them is Hamilton and they will definitely not be offering bigger wages, we have the 5th biggest budget in Scottish football. My point is the game itself doesn't recognise these facts, I could understand a young hungry striker, or one of my better players who has a year left but not my captain and a 10 yr died in the wool fan of the club who is getting a testimonial later this year. I bought the in game editor last year to get rid of this nonsense and will be doing so again, one click and unhappiness is gone, the point is it shouldn't be happening.

I've seen you mention that specific example in a few threads in GD, is this an FM16 beta example & have you raised it in the bugs forum so that SI can look at the mechanics of the player reactions?

I've seen you mention that specific example in a few threads in GD, is this an FM16 beta example & have you raised it in the bugs forum so that SI can look at the mechanics of the player reactions?

I don't think it's a bug, I just think the game itself doesn't recognise when contract extensions have been signed and that Hamilton who are in the league above is a small team compared to Hibernian money and stature wise. As I said I could understand my very good up and coming striker getting bids or my good CH with a year left getting bids but not the captain and a 10 yr player who've just signed new 2 year deals in June.

As an example IRL our player of the year was hunted by Rangers who put in several bids for him, he's a Rangers fan and wanted to sign for his boyhood heroes, we refused to sell to our nearest rivals for the league and told him so, he put in a transfer request and because he had 1 year left on his contract we sold him to Celtic, his name was Scott Allan, we did well from the deal. As he had 1 year left all this was expected and if this happened in game I wouldn't have been surprised, thankfully it was all done and dusted prior to July 1st.

Also I managed to satisfy the 2 players in question by using the correct responses when it came up, just annoying.

If you believe that the game is not taking into account factors that you feel are important then that is a potential bug, the more opinions & save game examples that SI have the better.

If you believe that the game is not taking into account factors that you feel are important then that is a potential bug, the more opinions & save game examples that SI have the better.

I'll start another game and save after the bids come in and send it in, right now I'm waiting for full launch before starting proper save.

I don't think it's a bug, I just think the game itself doesn't recognise when contract extensions have been signed and that Hamilton who are in the league above is a small team compared to Hibernian money and stature wise. As I said I could understand my very good up and coming striker getting bids or my good CH with a year left getting bids but not the captain and a 10 yr player who've just signed new 2 year deals in June.

As an example IRL our player of the year was hunted by Rangers who put in several bids for him, he's a Rangers fan and wanted to sign for his boyhood heroes, we refused to sell to our nearest rivals for the league and told him so, he put in a transfer request and because he had 1 year left on his contract we sold him to Celtic, his name was Scott Allan, we did well from the deal. As he had 1 year left all this was expected and if this happened in game I wouldn't have been surprised, thankfully it was all done and dusted prior to July 1st.

Also I managed to satisfy the 2 players in question by using the correct responses when it came up, just annoying.

and there's the crucial fact causing your players to get pissed

they're annoyed because they want to play in the top tier (as anyone will do)

they probably signed a new contract (because like De Gea irl) they want to boost up your clubs finances for when they do eventually leave

a lack of activity made during that window probably lead them to believe that you may not be certain of promotion (especially with Rangers too in that division), hence why they've caused a fuss

players within clubs in FM typically aren't aware of multiple promotion spots, only that top gets promoted - and clearly they think that Rangers takes the promotion spot as champions

they're annoyed because they want to play in the top tier (as anyone will do) - money isn't really a thing at this point

Personally I'd be surprised to see a regular first team player to leave Hobs for Hamilton, even with Hibs being in the 2nd tier & given the low wages in Scottish football money should still be a considerable factor.

they're annoyed because they want to play in the top tier (as anyone will do)

they probably signed a new contract (because like De Gea irl) they want to boost up your clubs finances for when they do eventually leave

a lack of activity made during that window probably lead them to believe that you may not be certain of promotion (especially with Rangers too in that division), hence why they've caused a fuss

players within clubs in FM typically aren't aware of multiple promotion spots, only that top gets promoted - and clearly they think that Rangers takes the promotion spot as champions

We resigned 3 players, added 6, 4 of which were in key positions and none were like De Gea as they were all either re signed or extensions prior to the season starting in June, they didn't sign after it was obvious they were not getting the move but after the end of last season.

Does the game even know if a player has just extended his contract? If you look at their contracts it just tells you when the contract will end and when he initially signed, there is no info regarding any contract extension, all re signings are dated from June 2015 and are seen as new signings.

Oh and we just beat Rangers 2-1 and are 5 points behind and still to play the twice more.

The game is aware of contract start/re-signed date, for players who signed deals irl & start the game with a recently penned deal the researcher can enter in the date the current deal was signed & the game should take that into account.

In your example were the players signed to new deals at the game start point or did you negotiate the new deals? If it's the former what's the start start date that is shown on the player's contract page?

Edit: Looking at the Hibs squad on the save I've just started there are indications that some players have had contract extensions since they originally signed for the club but without the contract start date being updated.

The game is aware of contract start/re-signed date, for players who signed deals irl & start the game with a recently penned deal the researcher can enter in the date the current deal was signed & the game should take that into account.

In your example were the players signed to new deals at the game start point or did you negotiate the new deals? If it's the former what's the start start date that is shown on the player's contract page?

Edit: Looking at the Hibs squad on the save I've just started there are indications that some players have had contract extensions since they originally signed for the club but without the contract start date being updated.

Yes this was my point, extensions are not dated, it just looks like a longer contract so the game will not realise these players will have just signed an extension.

Also I noticed at the start of the game David Gray the captain has a squad position of rotation, I can't figure out why as he is a key player for the team, TBH I'm not happy with our researcher, he makes a lot of mistakes re squad, contracts etc hence why the editor is bought to make proper changes.

Archived