Online Game Too Slow?

FM multiplayer would be so much fun, if it wasn't so incredibly slow. There are a couple of options. I'm no expect but all users can set an option in user interface called 'Continue game timeout' to Instant, 1 ,3 or 10 seconds in game preferences, which will continue the game on their part if there is no input within the set time.

You can also set the game to force continue after as little as 5 seconds, but that might become frustrating as it will force quite a few things through, like transfers and interactions. I think somewhere in there there is a reasonable set up to find if you also can try and time it with your mates so you do stuff at the same time.

Just don't play with random people or too many people. You can then easily say to each other if you need a bit of a time to search for players and everyone is going to be searching on the same date and if you need a continue for scout reports or something to come back you can just ask.

I feel that the only way online football management games work is by having the games scheduled for certain times that play whether you are there or not, that way the season progresses at a set timeline. You would probably have to ensure your assistant manager was really good so he could carry out the team talks and substitutions if you weren't there.

I haven't looked at MP here but play in many MP online leagues using BBCF, FOF, OOTP and others. In those you just input your lineups and gameplan/tactics then the game sims out the result. It takes away much of the minutia such as individual playcalling (in American Football) but we sim out one game week per sim. Is that a possibility? Or is the minutia one of the things liked in MP with FM? I can see where that would slow the game up...not to mention trying to get multiple people online at the same time.

Archived