Scottish Lowland League

That's two different issues, really.

cel1234: Will the players from the Lowland League clubs be in the database? I'm absolutely certain they will. We have researchers for lower division clubs in Denmark (I'm one of them), so I'm sure a nation like Scotland must have as well.

Barside: Will the Lowland League be playable? I'm 99% certain it won't, for the reason you mentioned.

Yeah, misread the post as will the leagues be in the game.

As you correctly point out it'll depend on whether the Scottish research team have people watching clubs at that level.

In an ideal world I would have liked to have information on the Lowland League players in the game, but unfortunately the information just isn't readily available. The Highland League are very keen and helpful when it comes to providing information on their squads and clubs. The Lowland League...not so much.

However, any player currently in the database who plays for a Lowland League club is assigned to that club, so the likes of Garry O'Connor and Joe Mbu will still be in FM16.

The Scottish researcher said he had no assistants to provide data for non-league Scottish clubs, so he chose to cut these players altogether rather than have inaccurate data.

If you say so I'm sure it's true, but I'm amazed that this is the case. In Denmark we have researchers for all fourth tier clubs (the highest inactive tier), although most researchers do more than one club. The detail level isn't great but the basic facts are correct. I am responsible for three clubs myself and found that the clubs themselves were very helpful with info about rosters, positions, dates of birth etc.

So if this is true for the Danish fourth tier, I am surprised that the same isn't the case for the Scottish fifth tier. After all, I would expect the Scottish FM community to be even more established than the Danish one.

P.S.: I know the Lowland League is almost brand new but the clubs in it aren't...

To be honest, I hadn't seen his reply when I posted mine. ;)

Anyway, what does it matter? My comment applies to both as the HR is essentially just conforming what endtime said. So my point stands...

Archived