Roles Breakdown; potentially useful as a quick reference

I had been searching for information that broke down every role/duty combination into Player Instructions and didn't have much luck finding it. So I made my own.

The spreadsheet linked below has the PIs for every position/role/duty combination possible in FM2015. I found it interesting and helpful so I thought I'd share it in case someone else would find it useful.

I don't claim that this information is the whole story; for instance a CWB/Support and CWB/Attack have the exact same set of PIs but play differently due to different mentalities. So the descriptions of the roles (and your own eyes) are still important. There are also differences in player mentality (and probably other settings) that change depending on Team Mentality and Team Shape. It's even possible that PIs change with Team Mentality and Shape for the same position/role/duty as I didn't have the time or energy to go through every possible combination of position/role/duty (there are 90 of them!) for every Team Mentality and Team Shape combination. So for reference, these are the PIs for all 90 possible position/role/duty combinations for Standard Mentality and Flexible Team Shape.

I found this gave me a better idea what I was asking a player to do when assigned a position/role/duty combination.

Using the spreadsheet:

Green PIs are mandatory due to the role+duty and can not be removed

Red PIs are not allowed due to the role+duty and can not be selected.

Yellow PIs are not automatically selected due to role+duty, but are available to choose.

Blank PIs are not allowed due to the position (basically not applicable for that position; theoretically no player in that position will ever use this PI although there are exceptions).

(The letters in the cells were used for conditional formatting to change the colors; y for yes (green), p for possible (yellow) and u for unavailable (red)).

There are filters on the columns so you can (for example) see only possible Role/Duty combinations for center backs, see only Inverted Wing Backs regardless of position, see only position/role/duty combinations that Cross From Deep, etc.

I would recommend downloading the spreadsheet as opposed to viewing it in google drive; it looks terrible in the Google viewer and is basically unusable there. Apologies for the microscopic font; I wanted all of the columns to fit on a 24 inch screen so kept reducing font size until they did. Once you download the spreadsheet you can alter formatting to taste; I haven't locked or protected the actual .xls file (although it can't be edited online).

Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwBJc16E-gRGNmw3ZzVTQkdjTUU/view

• 3 weeks later...

On player instruction screen it would be useful if they extended the colour coding to show the instructions that are "set" by player toke etc. hamve suggested this in "wishlist" and hope that it will eventually be implemented.....

Archived