[FM2016] E23 - England to Level 23

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jan - haven't seen the second bug yet but Ill look out for it. What is now turning into an issue though is the fact that the CA doesn't seem to improve between level 10 and 7. After being competitive (winning the title) but having to work in Level 10 my team in season 2 is absolutely creaming everyone. Ive won every game in every competition til the end of October including knocking out a level 7 team (Farsley) 4-1 away. As soon as I go on holiday ( I tested this) I start to lose or draw so I suppose some of it is due to team choice and tactics but still its shouldnt be this easy. Thinking Ill probably have tow rite off the next season or two until Vanarama.

That's absolutely true, if you check the average CA of the teams up to level 6, and compare it with the team that you build at your level 10 club, you can foresee an easy way up for the first 3/4 seasons.

This happens even at low rep clubs, i tried different ones, from stafford to hinckley, from selby to newmarket. You've got high wage budget and can hire the same very good players (artemi, hickman, carr, millington, butlin, jackson, mayo, burgess, tarbie, and so on), so when you complete your team and compare with the best level 7 teams you'll se that you are already up to them...it's not a problem of this update, it's something with the code, it's not designed to suit LLM updates...

I'm going to see if I can adjust the reputations below level 8 to a level where it's not so easy to gain a good rep so quickly

I agree that rep is a part of the problem, but i think it can only help if it prevents a level 10 club, even with a huge wage budget, to hire the above good players.

Moreover, there is an issue with the rep gain at the turnaournd of the season (when promoted), there was already the last year and i think it's not editable

Dan, I noticed on my current save that some Level 9 and 10 clubs have inordinately pricey match tickets. I'm with Westella & Willerby, and it costs £16 to watch a match, and £275 for a season pass. I skimmed through a few other sides and noticed it wasn't uncommon, yet on the database it's set to a default '0' for ticket and pass prices. This is a weird bug, meaning some teams will quickly have a lot of money at their disposal. I very quickly bulk edited all Step 10 teams to a more reasonable price ( around £4 p/m, £65 season pass) and the same with Step 9 (around £5 p/m, £80 season pass). Just thought I should make you aware of it because you might need to build this in to your database.

As regards it being unchallenging at lower level, I agree, but as a workaround I restrict myself to realistic signings. For example, with Westella I can only sign players from the local area (Hull and the surrounds). A quick scan on player search for 'place of birth' and then add them to a shortlist at the game start, and then I only sign players from that shortlist until I get to Step 7. I also only sign unattached players, no poaching. I only scout players in my local region, as would happen in real life. I can often fill a squad with local players, offering contracts to greyed-out players if needs be, but the players are often such a disparate bunch that this keeps it challenging enough.

Yeah, I was finding out on my FM15 database that it was too simple to get promoted and that you could sign players easily

I checked the rep both of the competitions at level 10 and of the clubs. the first seems to be maybe a bit too similar to level 9 (something like 18 and 20), while the club rep seems to be a little overpowered. This is mybe because down to level 9 the default database is quite complete, have all the teams and the competitions, while the level 10 are grouped together under a 'lower division' label. in this 'lower division' lot, just some of the clubs have fair details (eg Hinckley afc), while the other have no settings, and among these the rep is often set as 1. Maybe when re-building the database and increasing the rep, the average 300 level is maybe a bit too much at level 10 and creates such kind of strange effects.

I very quickly bulk edited all Step 10 teams to a more reasonable price ( around £4 p/m, £65 season pass) and the same with Step 9 (around £5 p/m, £80 season pass). Just thought I should make you aware of it because you might need to build this in to your database.

Having bulk edited Step 9 & 10 teams for appropriate ticket pricing, I found that it only worked for the Step 9 times. The Step 10 clubs are still charging extortionate entry fees, even though my editor data file says otherwise. I also notice that Hull United, my local Step 10 club, are bafflingly valued at £400k pre-game! What is driving this, and why can I bulk-edit ticket prices for Step 9 but not Step 10? These issues are the only thing preventing me from starting a save.

Having bulk edited Step 9 & 10 teams for appropriate ticket pricing, I found that it only worked for the Step 9 times. The Step 10 clubs are still charging extortionate entry fees, even though my editor data file says otherwise. I also notice that Hull United, my local Step 10 club, are bafflingly valued at £400k pre-game! What is driving this, and why can I bulk-edit ticket prices for Step 9 but not Step 10? These issues are the only thing preventing me from starting a save.

Clubs that have high valuations are because they own the stadium they play at. If you remove that, they'll go back to a decent value.

(Sorry to be pedantic here, but there's no official Step 9/10, it's Level, Step 9/10 would be Levels 13/14 in the pyramid)

in my opinion, since the default database has clubs and leagues down to level 9 (even if inactive), the editing problems begin from level 10...

in my opinion, since the default database has clubs and leagues down to level 9 (even if inactive), the editing problems begin from level 10...

Aye, but I also noticed some Step...err, I mean Level 8 teams had the ticket pricing anomaly. £16 to watch Harrogate Railway? Count me in.

Oh and cheers Will, Hull United don't actually own their stadium IRL, it's owned by Hull KR (a rugby league club).

Looking at the reputations as was mentioned level 9,10 are very close. Level 7 35, Level 8 30, then level 9 falls to 20, & level 10 18. Making level 9 25 & level 10 20 will at least make the reputations for the leagues more sensible, though the main issue seems deeper than that.

From what I read, as I didn't have FM15, this seemed to be an issue last year, with people playing down really low like with your database, & getting promoted every year in game. If that is happening there is little point playing very low leagues. Hopefully, SI will look at it.

Quite often in the far reaches of non-league football a club will win promotion 3 or 4 seasons on the trot.

That is usually due to a sugar daddy taking over, bringing in big funds. Crap sides, with inexperienced managers do not, & certainly wouldn't be able to sign players who play at much higher levels & are not even local.

That is usually due to a sugar daddy taking over, bringing in big funds. Crap sides, with inexperienced managers do not, & certainly wouldn't be able to sign players who play at much higher levels & are not even local.

i tried to start a new game taking over a club in the vanarama North. most of the players I bought down at Stafford (level 10) are good even at level 6, I've bought them and they're ok...this is the issue to tackle...

Oh and cheers Will, Hull United don't actually own their stadium IRL, it's owned by Hull KR (a rugby league club).

No problem, check to see what it's like in the editor, but don't Hull United have a bit of money behind them?

When I made my FM14 file I made all Levels 9-11 clubs not own their stadium and then made a system in which every club/team was equal to the rest of their level so it was a level playing field.

rob millington and Joey butlin are absolutely top for my teams, in all the tests i've done (level 10, level 9 and level 8) they are good choices

but i've to say that at the moment I've stopped playing, the background feeling that the wins are 'bugged' turns off the passion...my last (and best) team: waldram, doolan, artemi, Jackson, mayo, hickman, Burgess, tarbie, aaron king, a grey player and millington...it would be a good level 7 team...9 of the players are over 30-CA, only the good level 7 teams are...

but i've to say that at the moment I've stopped playing, the background feeling that the wins are 'bugged' turns off the passion...my last (and best) team: waldram, doolan, artemi, Jackson, mayo, hickman, Burgess, tarbie, aaron king, a grey player and millington...it would be a good level 7 team...9 of the players are over 30-CA, only the good level 7 teams are...

but that's not to say that i'm a market fox, it's just to highlight the issue we're discussing, irrespective of the club i've tried, such a lot of players has Always been available

Essex senior football league have no relegation spot?

i also see that in some of the lower league, like Eastern Counties League Division One there are some reserve team in there. is this on purpose? theese team have an reserve team and u21. but no u18 team.

that is some strange thing i did notice during checkup.

Essex senior football league have no relegation spot?

i also see that in some of the lower league, like Eastern Counties League Division One there are some reserve team in there. is this on purpose? theese team have an reserve team and u21. but no u18 team.

that is some strange thing i did notice during checkup.

Yes it is on purpose, there are a few reserve teams who are at Level 10, they're not allowed to get promoted any further up the pyramid however (although Brackley Town Saints is the reserve/development side of Brackley Town in the Hellenic League Premier Division).

When you add teams to a club, the U18 team gets removed as you can only have a maximum of 3 teams for a club, which will be the first team, reserve team and U21 team.

Yes it is on purpose, there are a few reserve teams who are at Level 10, they're not allowed to get promoted any further up the pyramid however (although Brackley Town Saints is the reserve/development side of Brackley Town in the Hellenic League Premier Division).

When you add teams to a club, the U18 team gets removed as you can only have a maximum of 3 teams for a club, which will be the first team, reserve team and U21 team.

will theese clubs take in youth regen's?

There is an somewhat workaround on having more then 3 teams for an club. i have done an test version that had u21/reserve-u18- b team(affiliated)- c team(affiliated). however the staff resposibility gets kinda messed up, but it work if you want to have b/c club like real madrid/barcelona/german top club that plays in the normal system.

I also did notice the manager/staff regen problem, not sure if this will be equalized in 20-30 game years or if there will not be enough players that actually goes into staff position after end of their playing career.

Will dan add even futher leagues into this pyramid? kinda thinks it is pretty deep already. but would be cool if there would be more lower league team that can come up from below lvl 10's and lvl10's that drop down.

i assume adding lots and lots of manager to this will take an very long time todo, if there is no manager/staff regeneration ability for the game?

have anyone been testing this for lots of season to see if there is any issues? f.eks cup finals do not play at national/wembley stadium but home team's stadium?

There is an somewhat workaround on having more then 3 teams for an club. i have done an test version that had u21/reserve-u18- b team(affiliated)- c team(affiliated). however the staff resposibility gets kinda messed up, but it work if you want to have b/c club like real madrid/barcelona/german top club that plays in the normal system.

I also did notice the manager/staff regen problem, not sure if this will be equalized in 20-30 game years or if there will not be enough players that actually goes into staff position after end of their playing career.

Will dan add even futher leagues into this pyramid? kinda thinks it is pretty deep already. but would be cool if there would be more lower league team that can come up from below lvl 10's and lvl10's that drop down.

i assume adding lots and lots of manager to this will take an very long time todo, if there is no manager/staff regeneration ability for the game?

have anyone been testing this for lots of season to see if there is any issues? f.eks cup finals do not play at national/wembley stadium but home team's stadium?

I'm adding a few leagues at Level 11 but from Levels 12-23 there will only be leagues from Sussex

I'm adding a few leagues at Level 11 but from Levels 12-23 there will only be leagues from Sussex

Cool Dan. i am pretty noob when it come to adding things in database, i am wondering how much work is it to add new teams into the lower inactive league system, and actually setup the so that the lowest active division have relegation into the inactive lower league and teams there get randomly picked to come up?

on the manager side i assume you must just make lots and lots of fake manager into the db for all lower teams to have managers? or do you know if fm is gonna add/fix the manager generator again?

dan when you expecting to release level 11
Cool Dan. i am pretty noob when it come to adding things in database, i am wondering how much work is it to add new teams into the lower inactive league system, and actually setup the so that the lowest active division have relegation into the inactive lower league and teams there get randomly picked to come up?

on the manager side i assume you must just make lots and lots of fake manager into the db for all lower teams to have managers? or do you know if fm is gonna add/fix the manager generator again?

The manager thing is something I'm looking at, this might take a bit of work but it should make the game more real

holy crap, i just search the wiki for the english pyramid, lvl 11 have 43 division!! and you plan on getting this DB down to lvl 23, that is gonna be an huge db even if you only doing sussex from lvl 12 and downwards.

wish SI actually made the league's bigger from the base game, or atleast made the editor easier to add leagues/team/staff for us noobies :p and not only for the english series, but german-italia and spanish :)

gj dan.

No problem, check to see what it's like in the editor, but don't Hull United have a bit of money behind them?

It can appear that way to the outside, but in reality their collective ego is bigger than their chequebook, and is also more often utilised. Originally set up with grandiose "peoples club / corinthian spirit" guff, they offered first-season passholders a lifetime pass. They took over Dene Park (Hall Road Rangers ground, Rangers had to relocate) and appointed former Hull captain Ian Ashbee as chairman. Nice bit of PR, but then Ashbee ousted the main man who in turn kicked them out of Dene Park, so they now play at a 12000 capacity rugby stadium with an average attendance of 50. The 'lifetime pass' offer has been withdrawn. I doubt they'll be around much longer.

I don't know if they will take youth regens, it's been a while since I've played the game.

Yeah I've done that before, not ideal, but there are some clubs that have 4 or 5 teams (I only know one having 5 from memory) in the pyramid.

I haven't downloaded Dan's database but when you add reserve teams to existing clubs and put them in divisions, I've found they always are near the top of the table when I was testing my FM14 file.

Is the Humber Premier League in your Level 11 database, Dan? If so, great. If not, never mind, I'll just add it myself if needs be.

Yeah I'll look at adding it as at the moment my Level 11 leagues are South heavy!

Just to show how long this database is taking I have made over 3,000 changes to the Level 10 release

Dan, are you still adding the SW Peninsula East/West divisions to your database. You did say you were going to early on, but they weren't mentioned in a later post about level 11 divisions in database.

Yep, I've nearly created the SW League, after that I will do a few northern based leagues

Hia Dan

tested 1st season on holiday mode, and found same issue i am seeing in other editor files aswell. fa cup-fa throphy-fa vase final do not play out at wembley, but at the home team stadium.

not sure why but when i had this issue in another file the setting was correct but venue stadium still would not play out at wembley, and do not know why?

will post if i spot any other issues of any kind, not sure if it matters though besides realism to some extent.

I haven't downloaded Dan's database but when you add reserve teams to existing clubs and put them in divisions, I've found they always are near the top of the table when I was testing my FM14 file.

I think it's because they automatically get a rep based on the First Team's rep. If you lower the Reserves/U21/18 team rep it lowers the First Team's. When I've tried to do it, saving the file resets the lowered rep to the original figure.

Hia Dan

tested 1st season on holiday mode, and found same issue i am seeing in other editor files aswell. fa cup-fa throphy-fa vase final do not play out at wembley, but at the home team stadium.

not sure why but when i had this issue in another file the setting was correct but venue stadium still would not play out at wembley, and do not know why?

will post if i spot any other issues of any kind, not sure if it matters though besides realism to some extent.

it's strange because I've tested the dan's file (the 1.0) and didn't had any of these (while i agree that in other files the issue is actual). In this regard the only setting I changed is the number of sub, from 3 out of 5 to 3 out of 7 (fa cup). In my tests all the finals are played at wembley

it's strange because I've tested the dan's file (the 1.0) and didn't had any of these (while i agree that in other files the issue is actual). In this regard the only setting I changed is the number of sub, from 3 out of 5 to 3 out of 7 (fa cup). In my tests all the finals are played at wembley

Hia Jam. i had the same problem with 4andyMUFV lvl 9 files also. cant semem to get the fa's to play at wembley no matter how i change it. With dan file i have not changed anything. Gonna wait until he releases hopefully the full set then i can tweek it for my own purpose :) hopefully it wont take long for him to make what he plan on doing. Not sure if i can assist him in anyway either.

Hia Jam. i had the same problem with 4andyMUFV lvl 9 files also. cant semem to get the fa's to play at wembley no matter how i change it. With dan file i have not changed anything. Gonna wait until he releases hopefully the full set then i can tweek it for my own purpose :) hopefully it wont take long for him to make what he plan on doing. Not sure if i can assist him in anyway either.

You haven't got any other mods running at the same time have you, as this can sometimes effect a file. Just seems strange one of you has the problem whilst the other doesn't.