[FM2016] E23 - England to Level 23

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where can I find logos and/or kits for lower level clubs?

I wanna try this db.

I cant really concentrate enough to look the whole thread through though. (;

sortioutsi has pretty much down to about lvl 9 ish.

Post hasn't appeared for some reason...

just wondering whether you're planning on adding the Manchester county league (same league as Liverpool)...?

Yep, it's a league I'm looking at adding for thr release. Quite a few have already been created for this next release, just check the coming soon leagues on the first post.

Hello @Dan BHTFC! How many updates you do wan't to release ? Any other after the next update with new leagues and cups ?

I can't say if I will add more leagues or not, I've just finished the Manchester Premier Division

Hi Dan,

Thank you for your fantastic work!

I have some suggestions to do for the Mid Sussex Cups

It's missing Brian Hall Challenge Cup and Strattford Challenge Cup: http://full-time.thefa.com/ProcessPublicSelect.do?psSelectedSeason=364344009&psSelectedDivision=488962188&psSelectedCompetition=821789431&psSelectedLeague=568629645 and http://full-time.thefa.com/ProcessPublicSelect.do?psSelectedSeason=364344009&psSelectedDivision=0&psSelectedCompetition=580516583&psSelectedLeague=568629645

I looked the participants on the cups and for me, the repartitions is like that:

Brian Hall Challenge Cup: L23 + L22

Tester Challenge Cup: L23 + L22 + L21

Parsons Challenge Cup: L21 + L20 + L19

Malins Challenge Cup: L20 + L19 + L18

Strattford Challenge Cup: L19 + L18 + L17

Somerville Challenge Cup: L18 + L17 + L16

Stubbins Challenge Cup: L17 + L16 + L15

Edgar German Challenge Cup: L16 + L15 + L14

Mowatt Challenge Cup: L15 + L14 + L13

Montgomery Challenge Cup: L13 + L14

Mid Sussex Junior Cup: L19 to L15

Mid Sussex Senior Cup: L14 + L13 + L12

Then, it's missing also Parafix Sussex Senior Challenge Cup: http://www.sussexfa.com/cups/2015-2016/parafix-sussex-senior-challenge-cup/results#1st-round

Participants are Southern Combination Football League Premier Division (L9) to Southern Combination Football League Division Two (L11)

And for the Sussex Intermediate Cup, there is only 147 participants instead 208! : http://www.sussexfa.com/cups/2015-2016/sussex-intermediate-challenge-cup/results#1st-round

Hi Dan,

Thank you for your fantastic work!

I have some suggestions to do for the Mid Sussex Cups

It's missing Brian Hall Challenge Cup and Strattford Challenge Cup: http://full-time.thefa.com/ProcessPublicSelect.do?psSelectedSeason=364344009&psSelectedDivision=488962188&psSelectedCompetition=821789431&psSelectedLeague=568629645 and http://full-time.thefa.com/ProcessPublicSelect.do?psSelectedSeason=364344009&psSelectedDivision=0&psSelectedCompetition=580516583&psSelectedLeague=568629645

I looked the participants on the cups and for me, the repartitions is like that:

Brian Hall Challenge Cup: L23 + L22

Tester Challenge Cup: L23 + L22 + L21

Parsons Challenge Cup: L21 + L20 + L19

Malins Challenge Cup: L20 + L19 + L18

Strattford Challenge Cup: L19 + L18 + L17

Somerville Challenge Cup: L18 + L17 + L16

Stubbins Challenge Cup: L17 + L16 + L15

Edgar German Challenge Cup: L16 + L15 + L14

Mowatt Challenge Cup: L15 + L14 + L13

Montgomery Challenge Cup: L13 + L14

Mid Sussex Junior Cup: L19 to L15

Mid Sussex Senior Cup: L14 + L13 + L12

Then, it's missing also Parafix Sussex Senior Challenge Cup: http://www.sussexfa.com/cups/2015-2016/parafix-sussex-senior-challenge-cup/results#1st-round

Participants are Southern Combination Football League Premier Division (L9) to Southern Combination Football League Division Two (L11)

And for the Sussex Intermediate Cup, there is only 147 participants instead 208! : http://www.sussexfa.com/cups/2015-2016/sussex-intermediate-challenge-cup/results#1st-round

I won't be creating the Senior Cup, there's a chance of Non-Sussex teams being promoted/relegated into the Southern Combination. I know there are less teams in the Intermediate Cup, the FM17 edition will be bigger and better, promise!

• 2 weeks later...

After loading it - showed me errors (Level 7):

Southern Premier - need 24 teams - there are 25

Northern Premier Premier - need 24 teams - there are 23

Please, help me to fix this issue - couldn't start a game.

P.S. While I opened in Editor - showed me 24 and 24. I use pr0 Transfer fix patch

After loading it - showed me errors (Level 7):

Southern Premier - need 24 teams - there are 25

Northern Premier Premier - need 24 teams - there are 23

Please, help me to fix this issue - couldn't start a game.

P.S. While I opened in Editor - showed me 24 and 24. I use pr0 Transfer fix patch

Probably because you are using another database it's conflicting with mine

Probably because you are using another database it's conflicting with mine

This is correct, I'm running another database alongside this one, when promotion/relegations database was loaded it wouldn't work, but when I unticked that part of the database it works absolutely fine.

I've never downloaded this before and played this low down, but I'm really enjoying it so far, taken over Bideford in the Southern Premier Division, had a couple of poor results at the start but having signed some decent players for this level we are now on track and top of the league. Best signing so far is Dean Evans from Weymouth, supposed to be a midfielder but with 8 for finishing and fantastic physicals I've got him up front and he's banging in the goals so far. Looking forward to hopefully climbing up the leagues!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The updating of this file has started, I'm currently putting the correct team into each division from Level 12 down to Level 22, once this is done I can then work my way upwards to the Regional Premier Divisions, hopefully then when the new editor comes out I can open this up and the game will automatically put the correct teams in higher up, fingers crossed!

19 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

I understand you're based in Sussex and your lowest leagues reflect your personal interest and knowledge, but is there any chance of either a South-West Devon & Cornwall or  Northern league going down to, say, Level 15 or so?

Yeah, I will look at adding more lower level leagues from different parts of the country

15 hours ago, Fmfan00 said:

I have large database set and I have something like 84,000 players from other countrys do i need to click add players to playable leagues for this database or do all teams have players

Are you starting down in Level 23 or somesuch? If so, lower league players in the likes of Moldova will never be relevant to you. I go for a small database and load up all players based in my nation for optimum coverage. Sorry that doesn't answer your question - I dunno!!

Just a FYI. I'm fannying about with this file until the end of the current transfer window. I'm updating it daily with the latest transfers involving the top clubs, which means when I start a real campaign commencing in July 2015 the clubs will in the divisions and have the players pertaining to September 2016.  I'm running little holiday tests to see how the Premier League etc turns out this season.

And what does this have to do with this file? Well just for s***s & giggles I've doctored Keymer & Hassocks. They have a rep of 10, no money, no nothing, no players, no other staff (setting: don't add staff or players and close the 1st transfer window) so all players are grays, BUT with a 200/200 manager - to see what actual difference a manager makes to a club.

Early results are quite interesting - first season we finished 4th, which is basically mid-table (9 teams). Over the next 3 seasons we finished 3rd, 4th, 3rd - never got promotion. Each season after the first one a few grays were signed on amateur contracts but no player from outside was ever brought in.

So there you have it - the limitations of the best possible AI manager vs you! 

I'm doing a final re-test using FMRTE to maximise the manager to having 20 in all attributes but I suspect the results will be the same - at the end of the day, you need the players!

Edited by phnompenhandy
update

On 7/6/2016 at 15:55, cabiste said:

For now, all is well, it's easy and 100% English :D

set3ioa.jpg

Congratulations Cabiste... I have currently reached Mid Sussex League Division One, with a similar track record...It seems like there is a great advantage of being able to offer amateur contracts...At which point your team becomes semi-pro? And what happens there?? Do u get to offer automatically contracts to the players and staff that you already have??? Also, does the average attendance increase significantly over the years???

As usually, special thanks to Dan for the great effort....

If you take a job elsewhere, whether that be at Everton or West Everton Xaviers, does the game become harder again? I don't want this to sound like a complaint because this database has given me many hours of happiness but it's rather easy, isn't it?

1 hour ago, Niall76 said:

If you take a job elsewhere, whether that be at Everton or West Everton Xaviers, does the game become harder again? I don't want this to sound like a complaint because this database has given me many hours of happiness but it's rather easy, isn't it?

Depends how hard you make it. Play a game using the players you inherit, & if found by a scout only sign ones in the locality. Have not signed a player all season. Mainly due to not being able to gain a scout all season, despite advertising all season. Also play blocking out all the attributes, & evaluate the players abilities by your coaches, & how they perform. Makes a great game. Currently in first season with four games left, topping the table, but all matches have been tight, & could have easily been at the bottom end if luck had gone against me. Never could understand why anyone wants to play right down in the lower leagues, & just breeze through each division with no opposition. Would be so boring.

I am not suggesting people have to play like this, but you can make the game interesting & challenging, even at these levels, if you want to.

Edited by YOUNGSTEVE

5 hours ago, YOUNGSTEVE said:

Depends how hard you make it. Play a game using the players you inherit, & if found by a scout only sign ones in the locality. Have not signed a player all season. Mainly due to not being able to gain a scout all season, despite advertising all season. Also play blocking out all the attributes, & evaluate the players abilities by your coaches, & how they perform. Makes a great game. Currently in first season with four games left, topping the table, but all matches have been tight, & could have easily been at the bottom end if luck had gone against me. Never could understand why anyone wants to play right down in the lower leagues, & just breeze through each division with no opposition. Would be so boring.

I am not suggesting people have to play like this, but you can make the game interesting & challenging, even at these levels, if you want to.

Could not agree more.  I've been doing a youth challenge with Keymer and Hassocks, basically only using regens and not signing anyone else.  Stumbled quite a bit when I hit the Mid-Sussex Championship.  Struggled mid table for a few years while waiting for my youth to catch up, got relegated and then back up after two years in League 1.  With improved youth and training setups I've been able to have a deeper team this go around and am fighting for promotion again.  Been a very challenging but fun go.  I might post screenshots one day if I quit being lazy about it.

And as an aside, this database is the reason I still buy FM, great job Dan.

15 minutes ago, Theodlard said:

Could not agree more.  I've been doing a youth challenge with Keymer and Hassocks, basically only using regens and not signing anyone else.  Stumbled quite a bit when I hit the Mid-Sussex Championship.  Struggled mid table for a few years while waiting for my youth to catch up, got relegated and then back up after two years in League 1.  With improved youth and training setups I've been able to have a deeper team this go around and am fighting for promotion again.  Been a very challenging but fun go.  I might post screenshots one day if I quit being lazy about it.

And as an aside, this database is the reason I still buy FM, great job Dan.

Sounds like a good game you are having.

Did you find you kept getting unrealistic job offers. In first season around new year when I just topped the league & since then have been getting a deluge of media reports putting me favourite for managerial vacancies. I sent message early on that I wasn't going to answer press speculation & no offers made directly. What is weird is I am favourite for every vacancy from level 6 to 10, but hardly anything below this. In leagues such as Mid Sussex (levels 12 -22) I'm am never in the frame. Hardly realistic.