[FM2016] E23 - England to Level 23

Hi Jam, not sure what you mean by "adverse effect", but in my personal experience there seems not to be any problem (have started with Keymer & Hassocks, played 7 seasons so far and each season removing the leagues that are two tiers below mine). You only see a champion from this league each year and that's all.

Thanks for the response, my fear was that by removing the lower leagues (and their cups) something could go wrong when the season changes...I've holidayed through one season and it doesn't seem anything wrecks, so again great job Dan!!!

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is because Dan wanted a playable database down to level 23, without having the whole English league system in it, as well as grinding to a halt. I think he has the full league system down & including level 10, then selected leagues, with the vast majority in Sussex.

That is because Dan wanted a playable database down to level 23, without having the whole English league system in it, as well as grinding to a halt. I think he has the full league system down & including level 10, then selected leagues, with the vast majority in Sussex.

Level 10, sweet, I'll take a look :)

Great work, I created a fictional team in the Brighton area and have been promoted twice and won a couple of cups. Loving it. I know doing every county would be alot of work and hard on PC's but I would love to see Surrey :)

I know this only includes the Sussex leagues down to 23, and for understandable reasons.

I do have a question though, if I create a team that is not based in Sussex and place it in those leagues will it cause a conflict? Let's say it is based in Surrey, what would happen if I got promoted to level 13 where the Surrey leagues start?

I know this only includes the Sussex leagues down to 23, and for understandable reasons.

I do have a question though, if I create a team that is not based in Sussex and place it in those leagues will it cause a conflict? Let's say it is based in Surrey, what would happen if I got promoted to level 13 where the Surrey leagues start?

You would go into the nearest geographical league at that level

Only just stumbled across this edit, been looking for a more expansive fm experience, think this may be it, fantastic work!

Just a quick question, when starting a new game, is it best to 'add players to playable teams', or load all players based in England, or even both?

Only just stumbled across this edit, been looking for a more expansive fm experience, think this may be it, fantastic work!

Just a quick question, when starting a new game, is it best to 'add players to playable teams', or load all players based in England, or even both?

I normally use both but add players to playable teams is the best option

You'll make other championshionship as Guernsey, Jersey, Man, Scilly ?

Isle of Man and Scilly are part of the FA but these leagues are not part of the Football Pyramid but standalone leagues. If SI ever make it so you can add new nations and not have them play in European Competitions then it would be easy for me to create them as new nations but at the moment this is not possible, I've even gone through the editor files to try and add a new continent but there isn't a file where you can edit it.

Isle of Man and Scilly are part of the FA but these leagues are not part of the Football Pyramid but standalone leagues. If SI ever make it so you can add new nations and not have them play in European Competitions then it would be easy for me to create them as new nations but at the moment this is not possible, I've even gone through the editor files to try and add a new continent but there isn't a file where you can edit it.

Isle of Man, Jersey, Guernsey are all county FAs, I'm unsure about Isles of Scilly.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

I have a weird problem with some SS kits that I made for a England Lower League Level 10.

Well, the kits doesn't load in the game. I clear cache, and reload the skin after put the kits in this folder D:\Users\...\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2016\graphics\pictures\kits\new

I've tried to associate these kits to other teams like Arsenal and check if these kits appear instead their properly kits in the game, and my kits are shown correctly, but when I try to associate them to the ID of the Level 10 clubs I want, the kits don't appear in the game.

This is the XML code:

<record>

<!-- resource manager options -->

<!-- dont preload anything in this folder -->

<boolean id="preload" value="false"/>

<!-- turn off auto mapping -->

<boolean id="amap" value="false"/>

<!-- logo mappings -->

<!-- the following XML maps pictures inside this folder into other positions

in the resource system, which allows this folder to be dropped into any

place in the graphics folder and still have the game pick up the graphics

files from the correct places

-->

<list id="maps">

<!-- Auto generated by fmXML -->

<record from="2062002630a" to="graphics/pictures/team/2062002630/kits/away"/>

<record from="2062002630h" to="graphics/pictures/team/2062002630/kits/home"/>

<record from="94012679a" to="graphics/pictures/team/94012679/kits/away"/>

<record from="94012679h" to="graphics/pictures/team/94012679/kits/home"/>

</list>

</record>

By the way I haven't any problem adding their logos...

I don't understand why I have problems with the kits and no problems with logos.

Is' it a problem with the db?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my english

Hi!

I have a weird problem with some SS kits that I made for a England Lower League Level 10.

Well, the kits doesn't load in the game. I clear cache, and reload the skin after put the kits in this folder D:\Users\...\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2016\graphics\pictures\kits\new

I've tried to associate these kits to other teams like Arsenal and check if these kits appear instead their properly kits in the game, and my kits are shown correctly, but when I try to associate them to the ID of the Level 10 clubs I want, the kits don't appear in the game.

This is the XML code:

<record>

<!-- resource manager options -->

<!-- dont preload anything in this folder -->

<boolean id="preload" value="false"/>

<!-- turn off auto mapping -->

<boolean id="amap" value="false"/>

<!-- logo mappings -->

<!-- the following XML maps pictures inside this folder into other positions

in the resource system, which allows this folder to be dropped into any

place in the graphics folder and still have the game pick up the graphics

files from the correct places

-->

<list id="maps">

<!-- Auto generated by fmXML -->

<record from="2062002630a" to="graphics/pictures/team/2062002630/kits/away"/>

<record from="2062002630h" to="graphics/pictures/team/2062002630/kits/home"/>

<record from="94012679a" to="graphics/pictures/team/94012679/kits/away"/>

<record from="94012679h" to="graphics/pictures/team/94012679/kits/home"/>

</list>

</record>

By the way I haven't any problem adding their logos...

I don't understand why I have problems with the kits and no problems with logos.

Is' it a problem with the db?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my english

I have the Keymer & Hassocks logo and SS Kits in my game and I have no issue, although I had to tick then untick something in preferences to make it work

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dan,

First of all, I have to say your database is incredible!

I'm working on one myself, but have encountered a problem.

I looked everywhere, but so far, I haven't found a solution.

When I look at your db in the editor, you somehow managed to give certain competitions a 'competition level' above 20.

And for some reason, I can't do that.

Is there something I'm missing here or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance.

HuntedDuck

PS: If you've already answered this question in this thread, please excuse me.

I went through the whole thread, but didn't find a similiar question.

Hi Dan,

First of all, I have to say your database is incredible!

I'm working on one myself, but have encountered a problem.

I looked everywhere, but so far, I haven't found a solution.

When I look at your db in the editor, you somehow managed to give certain competitions a 'competition level' above 20.

And for some reason, I can't do that.

Is there something I'm missing here or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance.

HuntedDuck

PS: If you've already answered this question in this thread, please excuse me.

I went through the whole thread, but didn't find a similiar question.

Will send you a PM later on today with instructions on how to get this to work

Where is Wanderers FC (first FA Cup winners), they should be in level 12 (I saw that on Wikipedia), I wanted to start with them but I have no idea why I see Wanderers FC no longer exist (FA cup list of past winners)?

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/wanderersfc/

The original Wanderers folded in 1887, they were reformed in 2009. They currently play in the 14th level of the English football league system.

Yeah, Junior Division One made me confused, Intermediate Division One is in the 12th level, anyway that Surrey South Eastern Combination Junior Division One doesn't exist in level 14 category of this file, why?

I hadn't realised Wanderers played at this level, give me a few days and I'll add this division below the Intermediate League. This will not be missed in the FM17 version of the database.

This is a really great database, probably the best i've played so far.

I'm not sure if this issue has come up before, but all teams who start in level 10 can only offer non-contracts. I've crashed tested it and even after promotion teams who originally started in level 10 can only offer non-contracts and this has been exploited by Hallam who have got to level 8 winning their first 20 games in a row, and AFC Mansfield did the same.

Anybody had this issue before? Any ideas on a fix?

Again brilliant database.

Just created Division Three of the Surrey South Eastern Junior League, doing a test on that then I'm trying to fix the contract issue, after that then will rerelease the database

I have the Keymer & Hassocks logo and SS Kits in my game and I have no issue, although I had to tick then untick something in preferences to make it work

Hi Dan could you show the XML you used to get Keymar & Hassocks logo and SS kits in the game? I'm having trouble generating it.

awesome datebase mate!

Just created Division Three of the Surrey South Eastern Junior League, doing a test on that then I'm trying to fix the contract issue, after that then will rerelease the database

Division Three and Four added, new download link on first post

Hi Dan could you show the XML you used to get Keymar & Hassocks logo and SS kits in the game? I'm having trouble generating it.

awesome datebase mate!

Do they have a kit in the editor? the config needs that to assign. home/away shirt minimum in the FM editor must be assigned to the club