Sports Interactive Community
magicmastermind124

[FM2016] FMUpdates EEE - England, Enhanced, Expanded - 9.0.2 Out Now

This is not the fully finished project just yet! I'd just like to add a big thanks to those who have waited patiently for this and to all of those who have helped us out.

We have noticed some issues with real name fixes, which may cause crash dumps. So I would advise you to only use this release for a smooth experience.

Congrats on the release!

Now we're talking. Thankfully my wife has gone out with her friends and the baby is soundly asleep in bed.

For now Nobby, for now... :brock:

Thanks to all who have worked and released this database.

And thanks to Uncle Ron who without the original we may not have this.

Thanks to all who have worked and released this database.

And thanks to Uncle Ron who without the original we may not have this.

This wouldn't be happening without the original work by Uncle Ron.

Thanks so much for this, have abandoned my usual Goole AFC game (for now), just happily holidaying through the first season...for a crack at South Shields!

This wouldn't be happening without the original work by Uncle Ron.

You guys :cool:

Once you've already got the real name fix, anyone know how to get rid of it? I only ask because I've just loaded up Hereford and at the top of the screen it says we are in the Toolstation League when we are in the Midland League. Fantastic work by the way and much appreciated ?

Once you've already got the real name fix, anyone know how to get rid of it? I only ask because I've just loaded up Hereford and at the top of the screen it says we are in the Toolstation League when we are in the Midland League. Fantastic work by the way and much appreciated

That's an issue with the file, they do play in the correct league for the first season and we are working to fix it. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Sorry, silly question time. I have never downloaded any extra files before but was intrigued by this. I have subscribed to the file in Steam, but how do you actually download it, as I don't see how to get it 'playable'. Any help greatly appreciated, thanks.

Sorry, silly question time. I have never downloaded any extra files before but was intrigued by this. I have subscribed to the file in Steam, but how do you actually download it, as I don't see how to get it 'playable'. Any help greatly appreciated, thanks.

Try logging off and restarting Steam as well as Football Manager itself. (Downloading is automatic.)

I just experienced this myself, and that is what I did to get it to become visible. (I am actually going to dive into it for the first time right after I post this. :))

Not a silly question if you don't know how..quite simple now you've subscribed, start a new game...it will be there in the database selection options

Thanks USASoundersFan & bruceyboy, I had signed out of both and it didn't appear, but I tried again and it's now there.

Just loading up now, serious thanks to the guys who created this for their time, effort and dedication :applause:

Possible issue guys, just holidayed a season in hope of taking over South Shields, first problem in Northern League, Washington finished bottom, next season they were not relegated and the other teams promoted were Andover (very very southern) and another (Sutton something...definitely not a northern league team), also other things i noticed the league tables below conf level did not show teams until early/mid July, and Halifax went into conf south, Walton casuals conf north....just holidaying from start again to see what happens next time

Possible issue guys, just holidayed a season in hope of taking over South Shields, first problem in Northern League, Washington finished bottom, next season they were not relegated and the other teams promoted were Andover (very very southern) and another (Sutton something...definitely not a northern league team), also other things i noticed the league tables below conf level did not show teams until early/mid July, and Halifax went into conf south, Walton casuals conf north....just holidaying from start again to see what happens next time

****Sorry, Walton Casuals went in to Unibond Northern Prem****

The issue with league tables being empty is a cosmetic side effect of those leagues fixtures not being announced. Once they are announced, they will be populated.

Regarding the team movements, we know there are still some outstanding issues here and we are looking to resolve them. However, given the significant delay in release (we originally aimed for January) and the fact that this problem was worse and has improved although not completely resolved, we decided to release the file. Rest assured we are looking at all the odd movements of clubs and will update you as soon as there is a fix.

I think thank you is in order, not sure all aspects of my life will agree - mainly those that require sleep.........

Seriously thanks for a lot of hard work.

I appreciate the hard work but I noticed in the editor that a few step five teams and quite a lot in step six do not have grounds assigned. is that something that will be rectified in future updates?

The issue with league tables being empty is a cosmetic side effect of those leagues fixtures not being announced. Once they are announced, they will be populated.

Regarding the team movements, we know there are still some outstanding issues here and we are looking to resolve them. However, given the significant delay in release (we originally aimed for January) and the fact that this problem was worse and has improved although not completely resolved, we decided to release the file. Rest assured we are looking at all the odd movements of clubs and will update you as soon as there is a fix.

I know how hard you must have worked on this, and I'm not criticising at all......small glitches aside...its effing brilliant!!

For all low low lower league managers I'm afraid to say avoid, just for now, step 5 doesn't work...the bottom team in first season will not get relegated (this is in the northern league), regional divisions below conference national don't work geographically (Braintree in north moved Nuneaton to south), this will be brilliant in time, but don't start a low league save right now if you want realism , like me, I've simulated 3 seasons from the start tonight hoping to get a save going and it, unfortunately, just isn't right at the moment. Rest assured the guys are on it I believe, but for now if you're going lower than conf north/south give them a bit more time...remember this has been rushed to please us, if you want to play as let's say.... Altrincham, as long as you don't get relegated I think you'll be fine!!

For all low low lower league managers I'm afraid to say avoid, just for now, step 5 doesn't work...the bottom team in first season will not get relegated (this is in the northern league), regional divisions below conference national don't work geographically (Braintree in north moved Nuneaton to south), this will be brilliant in time, but don't start a low league save right now if you want realism , like me, I've simulated 3 seasons from the start tonight hoping to get a save going and it, unfortunately, just isn't right at the moment. Rest assured the guys are on it I believe, but for now if you're going lower than conf north/south give them a bit more time...remember this has been rushed to please us, if you want to play as let's say.... Altrincham, as long as you don't get relegated I think you'll be fine!!

The unusual team movements has always been a struggle with the file, even when I created the first version in 2010. It will never be perfect and you shouldn't expect it to be perfect. This is because the code sorts the teams having regard to 4 co-ordinate point polygons and stated preferences. The leagues are more dynamic than that and the boundaries of each league are hugely complex with overlaps. Because of the code, which cannot be altered, the most common result is a Surrey or Middlesex team in the Northern League System on rare occasions.

Of the 14 Step 5 Leagues, the issue with the relegated clubs not being relegated affects 6 of the 14 leagues - Southern Combination, Southern Counties, South Midland, United Counties, Wessex and Western Leagues. Again, I'm sure this will be fixed, however I can live with this because IRL the team from Step 6 is not always eligible for promotion so teams aren't relegated.

As for Braintree playing in the National League North, that is entirely feasible and not an issue with this League edit.

I have just started a save as one of my local teams, Coalville Town. I notice that the Coalville charity cup and the Loughborough district charity cup are included which are nice touches, but the competitions don't seem to be drawn or take place in 2015/16.

I have just started a save as one of my local teams, Coalville Town. I notice that the Coalville charity cup and the Loughborough district charity cup are included which are nice touches, but the competitions don't seem to be drawn or take place in 2015/16.

I can't replicate this, as both comps are scheduled and run to 2021 in my test. Have you made any changes, or are you running any other league edits?

Congratulations! Are the county cups still automatically removed when you remove level 7-8-9? Can't see it in the description...

Congratulations! Are the county cups still automatically removed when you remove level 7-8-9? Can't see it in the description...

I believe so yes, as per previous releases

Well done, Thanks for all the hard work everyone who's been involved creating this. I can't wait to get started on a new save.

Was adding players not part of this updates remit? I started a game with Winchester City and it still had the default half dozen players.

We do not add players to the database, so it's vital you play with Do not Add Key Staff unticked and with Add Players to Playable Teams ticked.

The cup is inactive for the first year.

We also are aware of an issue with some of the super cups not taking place in 2016/17 for some reason, and we are looking into this.

We've made a slight change to this so they become inactive after removing level 6, to take into account that many of the clubs at that level do participate in the County Cups and take it somewhat seriously.

The cup is inactive for the first year.

Just as an update on this. It appears the Coalville Charity Cup hasn't been organised this season, so that is why we put it on a year hiatus to reflect RL.

The Loughborough Charity Cup however should be running for 15/16 and if it isn't this will be fixed for any future versions. In fact it was meant to be expanded to have the QFs like in RL but we didn't have time to add the extra rules/details in.

Thanks to all for your support and an even bigger thanks to everyone who has helped get to the status of the current release whether by research, testing or help with the data inputting.

Me & Gareth have been working on this update and taking EEE to level 9 for the first time since roughly last year when we decided to give it another crack after sitting out FM15 and as you can all see it's a big beast of a release to put together.

This first release may have its teething problems (it was either release now or make you all wait... another month?) but please be ready for much, much more coming this way in future updates right up until the end of the current FM16 time-cycle.

Accept NO substitutes!

Firstly, thanks for the release / add-on. Really enjoying it.

Second;y, I thought that you'd planted some kind of weird-ass easter-egg in the game when Diego Maradona comes on for Corinthians Casuals when we were 4-0 up, and engineers a 3-goal near comeback. Turns out there really is a Diego Maradona in the Casuals squad. He once said, "I play in the same position on the pitch as Maradona but I know I’m not as good as he is.” Oh, now. Don't be so hard on yourself.

Anyway the game crashed twice at the same point with the add-on, but I holidayed through a few days and that seemed to solve the problem (as well as the problem of one of my first-team players picking up a nasty injury just before the first crash.

Thanks for the release! Already enjoying it. :)

And just a quick note to add that "Create a club" seem to work fine with this addon also.

As someone with no real connection with local clubs in England, this seemed like a fun thing to do.

Starting a new club at lowest level possible. and how far can we go...? :)

I have slight problem and question to ask about this file/database, Does it not work with other files/databases from editor i.e. I have claassen's FM16 megapack & cel1234's Gibraltar league in the editor. I've just to tried to start a new save and got this:

ZvNNlAz.jpg[/img]

i have noticed that for some clubs you are only allowed to offer non-contract deals to players but for some others you can also offer part-time.

Is it something that you have define per level/competition ?

I had also faced some serious crahsed , not able to continue the game after this.

@magicmastermind , do you need names of competitions or clubs to check?

I have slight problem and question to ask about this file/database, Does it not work with other files/databases from editor i.e. I have claassen megapack in the editor. I've just to tried to start a new save and got this:

ZvNNlAz.jpg[/img]

If both files are dealing with the same competitions then it will be very possible that you will face that.

I have slight problem and question to ask about this file/database, Does it not work with other files/databases from editor i.e. I have claassen's FM16 megapack & cel1234's Gibraltar league in the editor. I've just to tried to start a new save and got this:

ZvNNlAz.jpg[/img]

You are trying to play with two files changing/adding to the English league structure. EEE is one, plus another. It is the only explanation.

i have noticed that for some clubs you are only allowed to offer non-contract deals to players but for some others you can also offer part-time.

Is it something that you have define per level/competition ?

I had also faced some serious crahsed , not able to continue the game after this.

@magicmastermind , do you need names of competitions or clubs to check?

This is standard and implemented by SI, not this file.