[FM2016] FMUpdates EEE - England, Enhanced, Expanded - 9.0.2 Out Now

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What I hope for is functionality in the editor to allow us to stop playing the county cups, or to switch to a reserve or U21 side to participate. No big deal but if you get to league 2 or more, those things turn into a pain :D Not holding my breath though.

We have wanted that functionality for a long time, but as you say it's not available. We don't expect to be able to do anything different with regards to this for FM16, which is unfortunate.

Alternatively we have always made the county cups disable when you select only the conference regionals and upwards. If you do like to keep the lower levels simulated then there is nothing stopping you from playing reserve/U18 players even if it is technically a "first team" fixture. This happens all the way down the levels on occasions anyway, and sometimes it's better than picking a tired XI.

I would personally suggest the best option might be to have the Hereford first team play in the Senior Invitational Trophy (Herefordshire Football Association Senior Cup is it's actual name) and then the U18 team play in the Herefordshire Football Association County Challenge Cup (providing there is not option to choose which team to send as the save progresses). The sides we have fielded so far in the County Challenge Cup this season have been mainly youth team players with one or two senior players who needed game time so entirely U18 in FM wouldn't be too unrealistic. If you are trying to set up the Senior Cup for this season then it was Westfields vs Slimbridge (from Gloucestershire, they play in the Evo-Stik Southern League South & West). From next season the County Challenge Cup winner (or Runner Up if HFC U18 win it) vs Hereford FC would be fair though.

The only other major county competition is the Herefordshire Football Association Giantkillers Cup which consists of all the U18 sides in the county although I'm not sure if you are adding U18 County Cups. Out of interest, do you plan to have any youth/reserve competitions or just first team competitions?

Thanks for the information. It appears the invitational trophy moniker seems to have been introduced when the competition was changed into a one off match. For me and the the way I keep my records, I may treat them as separate competitions for historical/records, although they obviously have a shared history...

With regards to Hereford FC's method of entry into the cups I was going to take a similar approach, although may keep the current setup longer than just a year. We will see on that front.

Getting a true to life reserve/U18 league setup is near impossible at the moment, the game does do a good job of creating the leagues though. We will continue with those, we have actually talked about some tweaks in the gap since the last release so you will hopefully see the benefits of those in any future release.

Although U18 county cups are something which we are open to and they could make an appearance in FM16 EEE, along with something similar which is more tricky...

Thanks for the information. It appears the invitational trophy moniker seems to have been introduced when the competition was changed into a one off match. For me and the the way I keep my records, I may treat them as separate competitions for historical/records, although they obviously have a shared history...

With regards to Hereford FC's method of entry into the cups I was going to take a similar approach, although may keep the current setup longer than just a year. We will see on that front.

Getting a true to life reserve/U18 league setup is near impossible at the moment, the game does do a good job of creating the leagues though. We will continue with those, we have actually talked about some tweaks in the gap since the last release so you will hopefully see the benefits of those in any future release.

Although U18 county cups are something which we are open to and they could make an appearance in FM16 EEE, along with something similar which is more tricky...

It's always been a one off match as far back as I know (definitely the last decade but I know we played Wigan in the 60s in a one off match - the first one of the cup I think).

Changing the set up in 5 years is probably realistic as by then Hereford will realistically be around the Conference North level (stretching it to 10 years probably wouldn't be too much of a problem either as by then realistically the club will be stable in the Conference National/League 2 if we get lucky).

I expect you have this link but here is the link to the County Challenge Cup if you want it (the Herefordshire FA website hasn't been touched in 3 years)

I look forward to finding out what that 'something tricky' is. :)

Once again, good luck with this all. If you need help with anything then I'm happy to help. :)

It's always been a one off match as far back as I know (definitely the last decade but I know we played Wigan in the 60s in a one off match - the first one of the cup I think).

The Senior Cup was played for by the top clubs as recent as 2008/09 as seen here. Just like many county FA/league cup structures, their past is varied and complicated. I was aware of the Wigan oddity, others throughout the country including Manchester City & Chester City also played Hereford in the competition from memory.

I would also like to re-iterate Gareth's post he just made. We could always do with some help.

I understand people's viewpoints. It's unlikely that we will release during November as there is still much to work on however, so if you want to hold off purchasing FM you shouldn't miss out on EEE.

We usually bring out the BPL fixtures on release, and we will be doing the same this year for people to use before EEE comes out.

I understand people's viewpoints. It's unlikely that we will release during November as there is still much to work on however, so if you want to hold off purchasing FM you shouldn't miss out on EEE.

We usually bring out the BPL fixtures on release, and we will be doing the same this year for people to use before EEE comes out.

Excellence takes time! Nice thing is that FM will be on a discount by then and that the most glaring bugs will be ironed out.

Excellence takes time! Nice thing is that FM will be on a discount by then and that the most glaring bugs will be ironed out.

From what i'm reading on the forums, there don't appear to be any 'glaring bugs'. However, no one's seen the editor yet, and that's the biggie. Let us hope and pray this version is editing-friendly and that the guys can proceed smoothly and quickly.

From what i'm reading on the forums, there don't appear to be any 'glaring bugs'. However, no one's seen the editor yet, and that's the biggie. Let us hope and pray this version is editing-friendly and that the guys can proceed smoothly and quickly.

Great news! But TBH I don't see the point in starting higher than level 8, breaks the immersion completely for me.

Great news! But TBH I don't see the point in starting higher than level 8, breaks the immersion completely for me.

Yes, I'm of the same mind, but we have to acknowledge that the ME and game as a whole is only designed to give an authentic experience down to Level 6. Once you go down too far - say L10 the attributes and other aspects get a bit silly, so level 8 in kind of in a grey area - realistically few players ought to have the PA to ever make it as a professional, for example.

Yes, I'm of the same mind, but we have to acknowledge that the ME and game as a whole is only designed to give an authentic experience down to Level 6. Once you go down too far - say L10 the attributes and other aspects get a bit silly, so level 8 in kind of in a grey area - realistically few players ought to have the PA to ever make it as a professional, for example.

Like stated many times by Magicmastermind124 and daniellewis_789, level 9 is the absolute lowest that you can go without "breaking" the game balance. Level 6 is like the champions league for me.

If there were no limitations I would love to go even lower but tried it once and the seasons were a complete walkover. SI doesn't seem very interested to go the extra mile yet which is quite understandable for such a small minority.

An official level 7 would be nice so that more people could enjoy the beauty of VLLM. I'm not even based in the UK nor do I have any relationship with England and for me it has become the only way I play.

Will I be able to manage Hereford FC in this or are they too far down the pyramid?

Hereford FC are currently in tier 9 so you'd have to wait until they got promoted into the playable leagues, I'm really looking forward to potentially manage them since they're my local team :)

any idea when this will be available ???

Dazzler, look at post #64, magicmastermind said that it's unlikely to be released in November so best guess would be early-mid December.

The thing that really excites this year is the option to start a new team from say, level 9......the question will be will the new create a club add-on work with EEE?

Looking at what I've seen, for non techies like me you can use both the editor and the create a club in tandem to cover just about every area (including logos) to enhance the 'narrative'.

The thing that really excites this year is the option to start a new team from say, level 9......the question will be will the new create a club add-on work with EEE?

Looking at what I've seen, for non techies like me you can use both the editor and the create a club in tandem to cover just about every area (including logos) to enhance the 'narrative'.

I see no reason why it won't work. Although I would much rather to use the editor alone and not the create-a-club feature.

So what research goes into the creation of the database? do you have to research and create every stadium, kit, finances for the teams at lower levels?

It is much, much more than that.

FMUpdates EEE - England, Enhanced, Expanded

FMUpdates2014logo%20short%20bottom_zpsgq0aiea4.png

Screen%20Shot%202015-09-07%20at%2022.07.02_zps20juuoga.png

EEE - ENGLAND, ENHANCED, EXPANDED RETURNS FOR FM2016

INCLUDING ACTIVATION OF ENGLISH LEVEL 9

FMUpdates has returned! Following last season's break and the success of our FM2014 release, we will be bringing you the latest in our long line of impressive 'Football Manager' releases with the enhancement of the English league pyramid bringing you an improved gameplay experience of the leagues already available and the expansion of the English non-league structure to incorporate Steps 3, 4 and 5 of the National League System along with all the additional cups and rules that accompany them.

As ever, EEE will provide you with only the best and most advanced, realistic, detailed and reliable League Expansion around for the 'Football Manager' series. Accept NO substitutes!

RegionalLogos_zpsdo0vgt6u.png

Level9logossmall_zpsjsprttpz.png

The Advanced England League Expansion includes:

ORIGINAL FIXTURE LISTS

TEAM CUP HISTORIES

COMPLETE ITINERARY OF LEAGUE CUPS & COUNTY CUPS

CREATION OF INACTIVE LEVEL 10 FOR PROMOTION/RELEGATION PURPOSES

REBUILT FA CUP & FA TROPHY RULES TO INCORPORATE EARLIER ROUNDS

FULLY FUNCTIONING FA VASE

FINE-TUNING OF EXISTING ENGLISH LEAGUE STRUCTURE TO FURTHER REPLICATE REAL LIFE

EXPANDED & IND-DEPTH HISTORIES

FULL & AUTHENTIC COMPETITION AWARDS OVERHAUL

EXPANDED FA GROUND GRADING REQUIREMENTS SYSTEM

EXPANDED MEDIA SOURCES AND JOURNALISTS

UPDATED KITS & OTHER CLUB INFORMATION

AND MUCH MORE WAITING TO BE ANNOUNCED, FEATURED AND DISCOVERED!

#supportlocalfootball #FMUpdates #EEE #FM2016

3b1c4ebc-ed77-46d2-ae5e-d53168b8744e_zps5cf80029.jpg FB-f-Logo__blue_144_zps2ecaf7ea.png ec1afb45-4133-4474-a751-8e1f1d9eefc4_zps4ygtffzn.jpg

FMU3transparentlongshorttop_zpsvbdnmkig.png

Archived