Football Manager 2016 Announcement: Release Date and New Features #FM16

There were a few people saying these forums are the heart and soul of the community and that SI are missing their core audience by neglecting them. My reply was directed to those guys as time, whether we like it or not has moved on.

I certainly wouldnt be against an easy to glance at sticky with every new feature added in as it gets updated on twitter though.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow.....I didn't know this, there is now absolutely no reason for me to buy this game now........So first year ever that I won't buy Champy/Football Manager

what, because they don't post new features on this forum? that is quite drastic decision. i believe nothing would hurt them if they did a thread with all the updates from social media, but not to buy the game because of that is a bit over reacting.

Point is, they have a captive audience addicted to the game, zero competition with no chance of a competitor arriving on the scene.

They can be as complacent as they like, there is no need for the 'avoid complaceny' team talk in fact they can 'go and enjoy the 2nd half with no pressure' to use an FM analogy.

They've earnt that right over the years.

They're the only dealer in a town full of crackheads ;-)

Point is, they have a captive audience addicted to the game, zero competition with no chance of a competitor arriving on the scene.

They can be as complacent as they like, there is no need for the 'avoid complaceny' team talk in fact they can 'go and enjoy the 2nd half with no pressure' to use an FM analogy.

They've earnt that right over the years.

They're the only dealer in a town full of crackheads ;-)

But still, to say they're complacent is massively insulting I imagine. They work just about as hard as they would if EA had got their management series right.

I have purchased the game every year since 2008. As of this moment it looks like this will be the first one that I do not purchase since then. Maybe it is just me but none of the new additions excite me. I think that 2015 is an excellent game and as of right now 2016 just doesn't seem like a significant enough upgrade.

I hope I am proven wrong and it is a great game that I eventually end up buying though.

I am certainly looking forwards to the release- perfectly happy with the announcements.

I'm just a bit gutted the game is released a week later than last year- it means I don't have the beta for half term this week!

This probably sounds more like I am a student as opposed to a teacher....hmmm

Reading this forum has been interesting. I've played this game since the 90s and every year they add features which they assume are wanted. I haven't bought it every year, I skipped the years where they didn't include an editor.

For me an editor is a must have. For FM15 I added my own league complete with over 150 new teams and their players/staff etc with badges/kits but I will only buy the latest version if:-

1. Their is an editor included

2. Either the media interactions have been reduced/removed or an option to turn them off has been included.

This is the single most annoying thing in the game and despite numerous attempts it doesn't work how they want it to.

3. FMC (or touch now) has the option to play with edited data

This version doesn't include most of the media aspects but I don't use it because it doesn't allow edited data to be used at the moment.

4. My own country and league can be 'dropped' into the latest version.

I don't really want to go through the effort of using the editor to re-do the data (it took over 2 weeks).

Well, thank you for having gone through the thread and read my post from a month and a half ago.

I haven't "misread" anything. I understand that we're talking FM Touch only and to be honest I probably won't be using it myself. I don't expect the full version of FM to reach other devices any time soon, and I don't think it would work very well anyway. I'm just saying the possibility in itself is quite revolutionary to me.

Thank you! I'm just so glad I'm not the only one who thinks the FM15 UI was a massive step down from FM12-13-14...

It's the reason I didn't get FM 15. However, I've pre-ordered 16 as I think highly enough of SI to assume they won't be making such blunders again (at least not so soon after).

I'm not a kid and I love the idea of a create a club feature.

So many Football Manager purists in here. Get over yourself.

The reason Football Manager is popular is because you can take over real clubs with real players with real tactics, etc. This Create-a-Club feature does nothing to increase the simulation aspect of the game. Enjoy your new feature, but it's not for me and I hope you don't mind me saying so.

If I pre order download version (fm16) from game do I pay all amount or just £5 like you did with previous box versions unsure never bought download version?

You pay the full amount the retailer is selling it for.

The reason Football Manager is popular is because you can take over real clubs with real players with real tactics, etc. This Create-a-Club feature does nothing to increase the simulation aspect of the game. Enjoy your new feature, but it's not for me and I hope you don't mind me saying so.

considering I'm more the type where 'real clubs' don't do it for me (due to living the other side of the world and not following it) then creating a club still keeps me good on football knowledge, without disrupting normal teams

it also makes my accomplishments feel more real (my players, my success) rather than living off someone else's squad building

I probably won't use the feature (I prefer more in depth creation) but am keen to have a look and test it out

the touchline addition is an immersive thing

I could go either way on it, but I'm sure some people would rave over being able to see themselves actually in the game

even if it is a low scale version, just seeing your own face probably helps with the immersion, rather than a faceless robot

--------------------

as for the download copy, basically you just pay for a product key

it's generally cheaper than a physical copy because you're doing without the mailing costs (a letter/parcel actually costs money, as opposed to emailing a key to activate)

I will say that getting a physical disc can be better in some respects (most of the files are on the disc, which helps if you have a capped internet usage - generally saves you around 2-3GB per game)

of course, you will have to wait for the postman to actually arrive if you do it that way, rather than refreshing steam endlessly for a opening minute play - that can help with exams, have the case confiscated to not distract you from studying

Totally agree with this?

Touchline manager? Don't care

Create a club? Don't care

Fantasy comps? Don't care

Unlockables? Don't care.

All this is gimmicky rubbish.

Expanded Press? Just brilliant. The most boring and least useful aspect of the game just got expanded. Does this mean I'll get told four times that "the public will want a proper answer" not just three times?

This is really underwhelming for me.

The beta is on this friday ?

ROUGHLY two weeks before release, as is stated in a few threads already, including the OP, steam, the FM website and everywhere else. That's the best you'll get.

Hi Hunter,

Sorry if this has been said somewhere or if I ask stupidly, but where will the release of the beta be announced? I have not bought a copy yet, and I'm not regularly on the forum anymore.

Thanks in advance.

There's usually not much warning. Maybe an hour or so before it releases. Best to just keep an eye on the forum, twitter or FB.

There's usually not much warning. Maybe an hour or so before it releases. Best to just keep an eye on the forum, twitter or FB.

Ok, cheers. I'm fairly sure I'll miss that warning. But no rush for me, i'll see it when I see it, and play it when I play it. Thanks again for your fast reply :)

Surprised there are no comments on the Ronaldo 12 acceleration screenshot posted yesterday

I think the Real Madrid researcher made a very good argument for his case.

Remember: Acceleration and pace are two different things. He still has 20 pace = a very high top speed. It just takes him longer to reach it...

Surprised there are no comments on the Ronaldo 12 acceleration screenshot posted yesterday

You know what I would love to know about him?

How anyone knows what his long throw attribute should be? :lol:

Has anyone even seen him take a short throw-in never mind about a long one?

I would personally say that dribbling of only 16 is more surprising than acceleration of 12.

Saw the video there of the two new camera angles. Like the Prozone one, which is slightly lower than the current elevated one I used a lot on FM15 (particularly whilst streaming on Twitch), so this will probably be the one I use on the occasions I'm not using 2D.

Saw the video there of the two new camera angles. Like the Prozone one, which is slightly lower than the current elevated one I used a lot on FM15 (particularly whilst streaming on Twitch), so this will probably be the one I use on the occasions I'm not using 2D.

I didn't realise you streamed, (then again I don't know anyone who streams so.....) If it's not appropriate to advertise yourself in this thread, send me a pm with info please.

I love the look of the building work being done in the background during stadium redevelopment. :thup:

I like some of the passing moves on show, :thup: (but the less said about the wooden back-heel the better. :thdn:

Love the 2d "advantage" icon, :thup: (but does the ref make a signal in 3d? (I have hardly played FM15 if it is there already).

Some of the GK movements look phenomenal! :thup: (particularly where it hits him and doesn't rebound far rather than a strong hand to palm it away).

I think the Real Madrid researcher made a very good argument for his case.

Remember: Acceleration and pace are two different things. He still has 20 pace = a very high top speed. It just takes him longer to reach it...

Yes exactly. I love a bigger distinction between pace and acceleration. Too many players have too similar attributes for each. Another example (I think) would be Smalling, who, apparently, is the fastest United player - his acc. cant be that good though (10-12?), but his pace should be 16-17.

Is there any news about the BETA release guys? Friday or Saturday? Anyone heard anything?

Someone mentioned yesterday that last year's Beta was released on the Thurs, (but I never played this so don't know for sure). I do know for sure that the Beta/Demo for the previous 4 issues were all released on Friday.

I'm hoping (and have planned), for Friday, but Thursday, Friday or even Moray are all realistic.

There is unlikely to be further info given regarding Beta release date, (unless there is a late issue and it is delayed).

Just keep checking back in here Thurs & Fri, or wait for Twitter to implode! lol

Still didn't make the ball more visible in 3d matches..sometimes it is really hard to follow the ball, especially during sunny weather.

Have to agree with this actually. Might just be the time of day it was or the youtube video, but the one last linked above I struggled to see the ball when it was being passed. Looks a lot better in other videos though.

I finally had a look through the other videos, and it looks promising. I can't say much more than that, as I've never been one for poring over hand-picked moments in a video. But then to be honest I've never been one to nit-pick when the actual ME is released. If it looks a bit smoother - both graphically and in the way players move and interact - then I'll be happy. Goalkeepers look promising, little more human.

I noticed that as well. I thought it was just my poor eyesight. I would rather the ball was red or darker so I could see it better.

Just use a ball mod to increase the abilty of viewing it.Barts Balls is a good mod to use,think you can get over at susie...

Someone mentioned yesterday that last year's Beta was released on the Thurs, (but I never played this so don't know for sure). I do know for sure that the Beta/Demo for the previous 4 issues were all released on Friday.

I'm hoping (and have planned), for Friday, but Thursday, Friday or even Moray are all realistic.

There is unlikely to be further info given regarding Beta release date, (unless there is a late issue and it is delayed).

Just keep checking back in here Thurs & Fri, or wait for Twitter to implode! lol

Cheers buddy,im like kid at xmas probably like everyone else :D

Archived