2016, been waiting years for a stadium editor, yet we get a manager editor.

Where are you priorities SI?, small teams from poor leagues own stadiums with bigger capacity (than their real capacity stated by the editor, like a 1000 seats arena that tends to look like a 10000 arena) and more modern than they should.

It isn't hard at all, just give us variety, 100 3D blocks, we place them in the editor and the stadium is done.

It ruins all the fun of managing a small team, we can't watch them grow as they begin big instead of playing on a wooden bench venue.

Please, for FM17, been waiting years for this, I won't buy another FM until we get one (last one was FM14).

Thanks for reading, good luck.

Stadiums don't have hair, neither expressions and other stuff, they are just blocks, way more easy to design and to implement, they don't move either.

It's one, single manager template with different hair/skin/etc options. It's very simple.

• Administrators

To be fair, you create a manager at the start of the game already (name, date of birth etc). A stadium editor is something entirely different. It's something we're aware that some people have asked for in the past, but then as the wishlist thread would suggest, there's a lot of great ideas which have been raised both internally and from the community. We can't include every one every year I'm afraid.

To be fair, you create a manager at the start of the game already (name, date of birth etc). A stadium editor is something entirely different. It's something we're aware that some people have asked for in the past, but then as the wishlist thread would suggest, there's a lot of great ideas which have been raised both internally and from the community. We can't include every one every year I'm afraid.

Thanks, maybe as a DLC?, I would buy it (unless it's like 10 bucks xD), anyway thanks for answering.

a stadium editior is a great idea, could only imagine what the talented ppl out there could do with football manager stadiums, making them look more realistic, i know due to licence issues this cant be but with a stadium editor this would be possiable, because its non profit fan art.

Yeah stadium editor is something that I absolutely don't need. I agree side Biscuit that the general design should be improved a lot, especially with smaller stadiums. And the crowd sounds should be improved a lot too. I have had them turned off ever since they were first introduced in the game and I believe it's been the same sound files ever since or at least it sounds very much the same.

Just having the ability to choose which stadium template in the proper editor would be a help. It takes away the realism of playing as(for example) Barnsley and Oakwell(despite only holding around 23 thousand and having 4 individual stands) is depicted on screen as a Bernabeu-esque goliath...

p.s. if anyone knows how to get around this in the current game, id love to know how...

Another gimmick I wouldn't be bothered about. It's football MANAGER ffs.

yes, football manager that is simulating football game usually played on football stadium. i guess you wouldn't mind if home team always played in black while away teams always wore white, it is football manager after all, why would you need correct kit colours? manager has no place in deciding which colours a team wears. on serious note, there is something called authenticity and stadium likenesses, as well as kit colours or stadium names, or player names... contribute to that. so, yes SI, make an editor and don't ever spend time making stadiums as community will do much better job than you could ever do :p

Slight difference in that football kits are very easy to add to the game and add to the sense of being part of the club and its history (couldn't have 'the Reds' playing in black now). Stadiums have never been that important. I'd rather they concentrate on improving the gameplay than on something completely aesthetic.

stadiums aren't part of club history?? the only valid argumetn you give is time spent on developing the editor. now, i have no idea how much that would take but once they did it, they would never need to spend a minute on stadiums as community would do all possible stadiums in no time. seems a fair deal to me.

This thread is going really well :thup:

The amount people are getting het-up about small details is mind boggling.

calm down modmate, it is just the tensions because of closing down on release of the game we all love and care about :D in meanwhile, sue some super channel to convey the message: people want stadium editor as stadiums are the sole of our clubs (and usually the only thing left to sell once we run our clubs into debt) :D

besided:

It's a forum. Some might be better, some might be worse. Get over it.

stadiums aren't part of club history?? the only valid argumetn you give is time spent on developing the editor. now, i have no idea how much that would take but once they did it, they would never need to spend a minute on stadiums as community would do all possible stadiums in no time. seems a fair deal to me.

Not a part of the history that matters in the game. You don't watch the stadium while you're playing. Well I don't anyway. As long as the seats are your team's colour you still feel like you're at the right stadium. Maybe it's different in the lower leagues, I don't know.

All I will say is the rusty roofs are bloody stupid!

I'm sure that would be easy enough to implement. If it makes you less susceptible to the sack etc I'm not sure I'd be too against that.

I dont think that would be a good idea. No matter what people say this is a game..not a simulation. Games should be fun. Games should also be as flexible/optionable as possible. SI do themselves no favors by forcing a single way to play the game down everyones throat. Let people mod their stadia and select kit colors. Its easy to do and doesnt hurt the game in any way. Let people select the general number of scouting reports the game generates (ie; low/normal/high); let people select general league rules before each season (ie; number of subs named, not used; pitch sizes; referee strictness etc) as these changes happen in real life all the time. It just keeps the game fresher IMO.

yeh, we will just have to agree to disagree there. stadiums in game look nothing like real ones and having colour right is just... meh. you see, i love everything about stadiums, their shapes, their looks when they are full, their echo when they are empty... the smell, the roads leading to them, their lights in the distance... ahh often i love them much more then clubs that play on them. ironically, if si made the editor and someone did my fav clubs stadium, i'd probably see only the orange track around the pitch :D but if there is a certain feature waitng to be announced about the dugout camera, that would be the most beautiful sight ever...

hajduk-poljud-dinamo-101.jpg

I'm not completely against it if it could be done relatively easily. I'm a bit of an FM (CM) purist so simple background pics of the stadiums would get me excited :D like when you got to the FA Cup final and you'd hear the CD whir before it loaded up a pic of Wembley :)

I must admit it'd be cool playing in Camp Nou, San Siro etc but once you're past the pre-game intro (a la Fifa/Pes) I just want to concentrate on what's happening on the pitch.

i'm not completely against it if it could be done relatively easily. I'm a bit of an fm (cm) purist so simple background pics of the stadiums would get me excited :D like when you got to the fa cup final and you'd hear the cd whir before it loaded up a pic of wembley :)

i must admit it'd be cool playing in camp nou, san siro etc but once you're past the pre-game intro (a la fifa/pes) i just want to concentrate on what's happening on the pitch.

a-ha!!!!!

As someone who dabbles in programming and game design, creating a customer-facing stadium editor would be a very sizable endeavor, to the point where it would probably the largest feature of that year if it was included. That's design space that could have went towards improving the graphics engine or fleshing out AI tactics.

As someone who dabbles in programming and game design, creating a customer-facing stadium editor would be a very sizable endeavor, to the point where it would probably the largest feature of that year if it was included. That's design space that could have went towards improving the graphics engine or fleshing out AI tactics.

Or hire a team to do it.

We don't need a stadium editor, too have realisitc stadia in the 3d engine all we need is a tool which can convert .3ds files into the .sia format used by FM, that way the community can build and use stadia if they want too and SI can concentrate on improving more important parts of the game

• 5 months later...

Nah, stadium editor not needed.

We just need to get the stadiums with tunnels in the corner of the ground (ie Old Trafford !!!) to be shown as such, rather than tunnels in the wrong position.

I mean, it's not as if the correct stadium pattern(?) isn't in the game. IT IS! I've definitely seen it.

It's a small thing, but it does grip my sh.. erm ... grind my gears. :)

I've not been waiting for a stadium editor, but the manager face creation thing is just about the most pointless "main" feature the game's had for as long as I can remember. Really poor. I suspect it will be quietly dropped without fanfare in a few years.

It's not a managers job to change the stadium, so it should never be included.

Personally I'd love a stadium editor as I've always been big on customization. It'd be nice to see teams playing in legit grounds and would make a big difference when using the 3D engine. Why anybody would say no to an extra (optional) customization feature baffles me. It's one of those where if you don't like it, simply don't use it.

A stadium editor does nothing for me personally, I'd much rather they modelled the stadiums on their real life counterparts. It doesn't have to be uber-realistic like what FIFA goes for - and I understand the licencing issues involved there anyway - but they could make a better fist of it than they currently do, ie not having bowl shaped stadiums for clubs who play in 'square' designed ones.

Also, up until last year, my own team (Stirling Alb) had a stadium that at least resembled the real thing - ie two stands which looked authentic enough, with terracing at either end. Now, it's absolutely nothing like it. Kinda ruins the immersion a bit.

I enjoy LLM. I wonder if SI have finally realised that 10 fans don't sound like 40,000 fans with the sound turned down yet?

I've pointed this out for 10 years now. ;)

Finally, another person that's saying exactly what I've been saying for 10 years :-)

It would be so simple to fix, 5 different crowd levels would be enough and I can't imagine it being hard to implement.

The problem with simulating the sounds of a small crowd is that irl you hear all manner of comments about the match, to simulate that & not make it annoyingly repetitive & be appropriate for what's happening on the pitch is a very tall order.

One thing it will not be is simple.

A stadium editor does nothing for me personally, I'd much rather they modelled the stadiums on their real life counterparts.

errr stadium editor would do exactely what you want... you (or someone from community) could do all the real stadiums and put them in the game for you to use. and with no time by si spent on doing actual stadiums.

would be awesome addition

The stadiums are the worst thing about playing FM with a smaller team. Fans of big teams will notice the problems a bit less as their stadiums are so similar. There, all that matters is a vague resemblance and of course seat colour. I have actually lost interest in FM since the switch to 3D because of this.

So you want this game to become more arcade like Fifa Manager ?

I'm already angry with the developers who are focusing too much on the graphic aspect when ME, player interaction and so on should be the main focus, not manager creator and stuff like that.

You talk as if adding a stadium editor is something that could be knocked out in a day or so. I'd imagine there would be a helluva lot more to it than you think.

no, i'm aware it would take some work but in long run, it would mean SI would need to spend virtually zero working hours on making stadiums for future games.

So you want this game to become more arcade like Fifa Manager ?

I'm already angry with the developers who are focusing too much on the graphic aspect when ME, player interaction and so on should be the main focus, not manager creator and stuff like that.

SI are not focusing on graphics, they have hired more people to work on that aspect but they have also hired for all other areas of the game.

Archived