Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

2PM BST TODAY - Football Manager reveals new line up for #FM16

I'm another who doesn't use Twitter.

Will the Create-a-Club mode be in the Classic mode?

I certainly hope so!

Quite like the look of Team Instructions. Seems to be addressing some concerns about how visible certain tactical setting are.

Do you think those screenshots are for the full-fat, or touch screen version of the game? Looks like a mix to me.

Yeah agree with this RT. Addresses the default setting of the tactic a lot better and seems they have also updated the text for the definition of the tactic to be more in depth.

Do you think those screenshots are for the full-fat, or touch screen version of the game? Looks like a mix to me.

No reason it cannot be both and it will probably be. TIs and PIs have had the same screens in FMC and Full FM in the past.

I'm another who doesn't use Twitter.

Will the Create-a-Club mode be in the Classic mode?

Yeah its for both modes.

#FM16 Replace an existing team with one of your own. Choose a name, colours & add yourself with Create-a-Club mode

I've done this every single year that we've had an editor.

Miles Jacobson ‏@milesSI 14 min ago

A little secret regarding Fantasy Draft mode - it's for up to 32 players. I look forward very much to seeing the streams! #FM16

Miles Jacobson ‏@milesSI 14 min ago

A little secret regarding Fantasy Draft mode - it's for up to 32 players. I look forward very much to seeing the streams! #FM16

Did anyone understand what is Fantasy Draft? I have no idea what he talks about. And also how 32 people can play Football Manager..

I presume it's a fantasy football mode within the game.

Will savegames be compatible between FM and FM Touch?

FM "Touch mode" games are compatible with FM Touch, and vice versa. That's the cross-save feature that's been announced.

I presume it's a fantasy football mode within the game.

No.

Miles responded on twitter: "make a team. Do a fantasy draft. Manager them in a multi-player game of FM."

According to Steam minimal system requirements

MINIMUM:

Processor: Intel Pentium 4 Intel Core AMD Athlon 2.2GHz+

Memory: 2 GB RAM

Graphics: NVidia GeForce FX 5900 Ultra ATI Radeon 9800 Pro Intel GMA X3100 256MB VRAM

DirectX: Version 9.0c

Hard Drive: 3 GB available space

Additional Notes: Earlier cards may only display 2D Match Viewer Mode and are not supported. Earlier cards may require the DirectX 9.0 SDK is installed to run the game. This can be downloaded from the following url: {LINK VERWIJDERD} Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported.

:( Still no 64Bit only version.

No.

Miles responded on twitter: "make a team. Do a fantasy draft. Manager them in a multi-player game of FM."

Online or hotseat play?

Yeah its for both modes.

Ok that changes things for me then.

I wasn't expecting this, and because of that I was fully set on sticking with my current saves and give FM16 a miss, I was hoping for an editor for the Create-a-Club reason so this gives me what I wanted anyway, so that is a big positive for me but still not certain that I will purchase it just yet.

No.

Ah well.

Never seen such a small amount of new features in FM announcement ever. Im all for polishing up ME and having it perfect before doing anything else, but switching menu and button sides year after year with no major improvments is really really getting frustrating! And its not like there arent ideas out there, its more that were fed with a micro sized sugar spoon...Ah the modern days...

Never seen such a small amount of new features in FM announcement ever. Im all for polishing up ME and having it perfect before doing anything else, but switching menu and button sides year after year with no major improvments is really really getting frustrating! And its not like there arent ideas out there, its more that were fed with a micro sized sugar spoon...Ah the modern days...

It's a tease over an hour. Not the complete list...

How many leagues will you be able to run in Touch mode?

Not confirmed yet, but at least 3 nations as was the case in Classic last year.

Online or hotseat play?

Both.

:lol:

Always the same lifecycle of activity on this forum.

Starting with now, the over-excitement, or over-criticism of any announced features, and any perceived missing ones.

I can't wait for release and the multitude of locked threads about how awful everything is, and how FM12 was better.

At a first glance you won't see big differences. The minimum processor specs stayed the same. The 1GB and 1.6GHZ was only for XP users.

Quote FM 2015 minimum specs:

"XP: 1.6GHz+ V/7/8: 2.2GHz+ "

Thanks for that, I might just format my laptop to give it a bit of a boost as normal stuff takes a while now.

Thanks for that, I might just format my laptop to give it a bit of a boost as normal stuff takes a while now.

Give your laptop some TLC such as clearing out the air vents (can of compressed air is perfect for this), which bring down temps and improve performance

The one feature I am hoping is fixed is when the players revolt over a minor issue. Example: Managed club X for 7 years, winning multiple trophies and league titles, yet because I refused a contract to a reserve player, a few first teamers were unhappy resulting in lower morale and it affected results. In the careers forum, some managers actually got sacked too.

If this has been resolved, I will be a happy man.

Sorry SI, but I have to say that - for the first time since FM2005 I won't buy your game. As for FM 2016 I was waiting to see some big changes in 3D and I'm very disappointed. We've got 2015 year yet FM 3D graphic is like those in FIFA 98! Please tell why you don't work hard on 3D gameplay since there aren't any big changes in other parts of the game??? I've looked today on new 3D movie and noticed that the biggest thing you implemented is stadium stage under work... Players still looks like they are made of wood, yet you give stadium stage view being under work!!!!??? Sorry, I got enough.

Sorry for my english, I hope it's understandable.

When do we receive our codes for the FM doc?

And is the FMT app for our tablets free as part our purchase? Some on twitter are suggesting it is

A lot of negativity - don't forget this is a work in progress.

There will be the Beta and a free demo - I'll reserve my judgement til then.

Would upgrading to 8gb ram from 4 make much of a difference?

A small one, FM is a 32bit application so it can't use more than 4GB ram. It would always be beneficial to upgrade if you have a 64Bit OS.

Actually you can't use more then 3.8 or 3.9 GB of ram (can't remember exacty the value) in a 32bit applications. What Windows Vista did at the time is actually show you have 4 GB ram, but doesn't mean it can be used all of it. Luckily, 64 bit OS of since its begin can run a 32 bit programs.

Surely I am not alone in missing the good old days, you know, when they just announced all the new features on this very forum.

Facebook-instagram-Twitter, it's like a treasure hunt, dear me, any other 1 you guys want to fit in?

Not a member of any of them, I will just wait for you to post on this the 'FOOTBALL MANAGER' forum.

I have to admit that I'm disappointed in seeing the tactic screen remains unaltered from FM15.

It was general consesus in this forum that the tactic screen from FM14 was much, much better, and I don't believe the SI team didn't read this feedback.

I agree, I was really disappointed when I saw that!

I'm hoping it's from FMC?

Surely I am not alone in missing the good old days, you know, when they just announced all the new features on this very forum.

Facebook-instagram-Twitter, it's like a treasure hunt, dear me, any other 1 you guys want to fit in?

Not a member of any of them, I will just wait for you to post on this the 'FOOTBALL MANAGER' forum.

You are not alone at all because I feel the same way. I would prefer just to read a list of all the new features rather than use my valuable time scavenging around numerous gossip websites I never use. I'll probably just wait until the game is released then I can find out the new features on the physical box in the shop.