Why isnt praise conduct/praise training explained? (morale question)

Hi guys,

Im just about to finish my first season and im getting tired of praising my players before every game to get high/superb morale. So I started to think, if its even worth it to spend that time on something like this? (I read that morale is really important in this years game).

I understand that talking with your players is always good, like in real life. But saying same things week after week just to see an green arrow is stupid. Its kind of cheating. Am I the only one who thinks like that?

So I wanna know, if this praising feature has any long term results or its just s##t. Managed to finish 7th. What if I wouldn´t have spent all that time praising them. Then what?

Thanks for feedback.

You can overpraise them to the point they become complacent/over confident and end up underperforming. Best to keep the praise up for those stand out performers in my view.

The over confidence stops me from praising so regular, i do it post game buy not individually

I skipped FM15 so I don't remember exactly, but my team-talks were always the same tone, same line to get positive reactions. Pretty stupid. Yes, in my hundreds of hours I've tested with others.

It depends on player personality and for obvious reasons I always end up with a professional squad.

There's no such thing as overpraising when it comes to praising training or conduct. Thats why I raised this issue. Before EVERY match I tell 18 players that Im happy with their conduct and training. They are always grateful and moral goes up. So even if I have string of bad results, most of my player have good or even better morale. I find it weird and disturbing, because it doesnt make sense. In real life you cant tell 18 underperfoming players every week "Its great to see you setting the right example to others around you. Keep it up."

So I find this as a bug and something SI should look into.

Archived