Regista Role

Hi

I have had FM15 for 6-7 months now but I haven't been able to work out what a Regista is and how it is different to other roles like Deep Lying Playmaker or Roaming Playmaker etc.

From the description it is described as follows;

The Regista is a more aggressive version of the Deep Lying Playmaker suitable for possession-oriented systems that press high up the pitch. Given complete freedom to dictate play from deep positions, the Regista offers a dynamic and unpredictable creative outlet from behind the attack who seeks to maintain intense pressure by constantly looking for new chances as his more advanced teammates get into goalscoring positions.

When I look at the Player Instructions, I see that a Regista has More Risky Passes and Roam from Position coded into the role.

This in my opinion sounds a lot like a Roaming Playmaker but in a deeper position, not going as far forward. Is this right? Also if this is the case, does he attract the ball like a Playmaker? Also would he be a suitable holder/sitter?

Thanks

I've played with a Regista on FM14 a few times but only as a tactical change during a match when I need to get a goal. For example, changing the DM in my 4-3-3 into a Regista afer subbing on a more creative player. Personally, I don't think the role really works well as a holding type of player but if you play a 4-1-3-2 like Juventus did at times, with Pirlo and three cental midfielders ahead of him, then you could use a Regista as a starting role in your formation.

This is genius.

(Original post here http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364344-FM14-Difference-between-Regista-and-Deep-Lying-Playmaker).

When reading the below, pretend the DLP is a self-effacing, quiet and reasonable Michael Carrick and the Regista is an imperious, Napoleanic-type Pirlo (which is unfair as he's apparently quite a nice person in real-life, but it doesn't fit my narrative).

(Quote Originally Posted by yonko View Post

Let's really talk about this. What does the description tells us about the actual instructions? Explain it to me please, because I don't get it from the descriptions.)

1) What is the mentality of the Regista compared to the DLP?

DLP: "I stay back here, and when the ball comes to me, I pass it somewhere good. Sometimes the results are super-spiffy."

Regista: "You, striker, don't know what to do with the ball? You give it to me! You, wingback, have run out of space with another one of your stupid runs? You give it to me! Central defender, the ball, seriously?! Give it to me! Now listen, peons: you go where I tell you to, and I will give you the ball to score and we can end this little charade against this clearly inferior team and be enjoying cappucinos by teatime."

2) What is the difference in Creative Freedom?

DLP: "Oh, that's more for the wingers, Wazza & Robin. I'm just here to make their jobs easier."

Regista: "Creative Freedom? Yes, I will have it, ALL OF IT. No, none for you, Mr. False 9 or whatever you're calling yourself these days."

3) Is there a difference in closing down? Tackling?

DLP: "Ah, something I can talk about. Most interesting part of the game, to be honest, as I need to strike a balance between being too aggressive but also being able to break up attacking movement effectively."

Regista: "Zzzzzz, oh, I'm sorry, were you talking? I have people to do this work for me."

4) What is the difference between the two roles in terms of RFD, RWB, TTB, Crossing, roaming, holding the ball?

DLP: "Not sure I understand the question. I intercept the ball, or receive it from my teammates, and look to play a good pass up the pitch to the more creative types. It's not rocket surgery."

Regista: "You do realize we're talking about football here, right, little man? Bother me not with your terminology, football is an epic saga and I am its composer and conductor, if I may mix metaphors (and I may)."

5) Is there a difference in passing length settings?

DLP: "Whatever it takes, as long as it's reasonably safe."

Regista: "Yes, these passing lengths. I will have ALL OF THEM."

Regista: "You, striker, don't know what to do with the ball? You give it to me! You, wingback, have run out of space with another one of your stupid runs? You give it to me! Central defender, the ball, seriously?! Give it to me! Now listen, peons: you go where I tell you to, and I will give you the ball to score and we can end this little charade against this clearly inferior team and be enjoying cappucinos by teatime."

This had me in stiches! :lol:

It's the same as buying some food that tells you it will taste like this or that. You don't know until you watch him on the pitch.

Awful advice.

I threw my pie on the pitch last game, and I still have no idea what it tastes like. Thanks a bunch.

Thanks guys this advice has helped a lot. So do you think this would work well.

4-2-3-1

Control, Fluid

--------------------------CF(a)

IF(s)---------------------AP(s)---------------------RMD(a)

-------------------A(d)----------RGA(s)

CWB(a)----------CD(d)----------CD©----------FB(s)

---------------------------SK(d)

TI: Pass Shorter, Work Ball into Box, Push Higher Up, Close Down More, Higher Tempo, Be More Expressive

I play possession-based 4-2-2-1-1 with DMs sitting deep. My pair of DMs is RGA/DLP(s) and DM(d). I have a player, who can equally well perform RGA and DLP and I change his role depending on how the game goes.

So:

DM is my last cover before defenders. He sits deep, plays short balls to team mates and sometimes man marks. Now about my player.

When on DLP role, he participates in ball circulation, goes forward only when the opponent is pinned down to his goal and only to help maintain possession, distributes long balls to wings, when is given the direct ball PI and closes down players on our half. So he is more possession oriented safe option with responsible defensive duties.

RGA on the contrary roams wherever he feels like (except final quarter), seldom closes down (but still provides interceptions) delivers long balls not only to wings but also tries to open CDs with his passes and what’s important helps out with his long shooting (long shots, to my mind is 4th important skill for RGA). This puts more pressure on DM and I have to change my AM role from TQ to AM(a) but I had some success using RGA

4-2-3-1

Control, Fluid

TI: Pass Shorter, Work Ball into Box, Push Higher Up, Close Down More, Higher Tempo, Be More Expressive

Yeah, it should work, though you maybe short of defensive options.

4-2-3-1

Control, Fluid

Based on the internal commentary of the Reg provided by herne79 above, I'd expect your Reg to be asking why you've decided to put another playmaker on the pitch????

Based on the internal commentary of the Reg provided by herne79 above, I'd expect your Reg to be asking why you've decided to put another playmaker on the pitch????

I double that. I have to switch TQ or AP to AM, so the creativity level was balanced

• 1 month later...

I'm using a 4-1-2-3 DM Wide formation on my save at home, with the Regista in the hole behind a CM (S) and CM (A).

I was also utilising a striker in the F9 role, but reading the above I will have a crack at removing the F9 and changing it to a Complete Forward.

Cracking summary of the difference between a DM and a Regista btw

I am personally trying to build a tactic that includes both a RPM and a Regista. Haven't had much success with it yet (I'm successful in absolute terms, but less successful in relative terms compared to using my old more perfected tactics) and is starting to wonder if it's even possible.

What kind of conditions do you think would be required for the two roles to co-exist?

Using the (ever so elequant) description above from the OP, would a Regista and RPM in the same team not then be fighting it out amongst themselves for the ball? It could be counter productive whereby you have 2 players sitting deep wanting the ball, getting in each others way, fighting for the same space?

Few tweaks to my tactic last night, and I think I've nailed it.

4-1-2-3 DM Wide (Counter - Fluid)

-----------------------CF(a)--------------------

-----IF(s)-----------------------------W(a)-----

----------------CM(a)-------CM(s)--------------

-----------------------RG(s)---------------------

-----WB(a)-----------------------------FB(s)----

----------------CB(d)--------CB(d)--------------

-----------------------GK(d)---------------------

Changed the Mentality from Standard to Counter, changed the lone Striker from F9 to CF(a)

TI's can't remember them off the top of my head (I use 10 normally), will have to check it tonight when I get home from work.

Anyway success wise, it took my side from a mid/lower table Premiership side into pushing Arsenal for 4th place winning my first major trophy (Capital One Cup) along the way :cool:

Generally sits in, takes the ball from the back 4 and supporting midfielders and like a master artisan he creates majestic pieces of work. I generally dominate possession (which is what I want) and create lots and lots and lots of chances for the CF (who is on fire at the moment with 8 goals in 6 games).

This is genius.

(Original post here http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364344-FM14-Difference-between-Regista-and-Deep-Lying-Playmaker).

When reading the below, pretend the DLP is a self-effacing, quiet and reasonable Michael Carrick and the Regista is an imperious, Napoleanic-type Pirlo (which is unfair as he's apparently quite a nice person in real-life, but it doesn't fit my narrative).

(Quote Originally Posted by yonko View Post

Let's really talk about this. What does the description tells us about the actual instructions? Explain it to me please, because I don't get it from the descriptions.)

1) What is the mentality of the Regista compared to the DLP?

DLP: "I stay back here, and when the ball comes to me, I pass it somewhere good. Sometimes the results are super-spiffy."

2) What is the difference in Creative Freedom?

DLP: "Oh, that's more for the wingers, Wazza & Robin. I'm just here to make their jobs easier."

Regista: "Creative Freedom? Yes, I will have it, ALL OF IT. No, none for you, Mr. False 9 or whatever you're calling yourself these days."

3) Is there a difference in closing down? Tackling?

DLP: "Ah, something I can talk about. Most interesting part of the game, to be honest, as I need to strike a balance between being too aggressive but also being able to break up attacking movement effectively."

Regista: "Zzzzzz, oh, I'm sorry, were you talking? I have people to do this work for me."

4) What is the difference between the two roles in terms of RFD, RWB, TTB, Crossing, roaming, holding the ball?

DLP: "Not sure I understand the question. I intercept the ball, or receive it from my teammates, and look to play a good pass up the pitch to the more creative types. It's not rocket surgery."

Regista: "You do realize we're talking about football here, right, little man? Bother me not with your terminology, football is an epic saga and I am its composer and conductor, if I may mix metaphors (and I may)."

5) Is there a difference in passing length settings?

DLP: "Whatever it takes, as long as it's reasonably safe."

Regista: "Yes, these passing lengths. I will have ALL OF THEM."

This is genius indeed. SI should hire this guy to write all help materials. I would definitely read them all, and not once but twice or more. :D

• 1 month later...

I've stumbled on exactly the same set-up Our Al, although I'm not sure if it's because of this Regista switch or the return of both Henderson & Sturridge :) I am definitely creating more chances, although I am finding my keeper having to make some decent saves in the process.

Archived