[FM 15] 54 Leagues, 24 Nations, 20 bucks in my pocket... A journeyman save

Dev'o

54 Leagues, 24 Nations, 20 bucks in my pocket..

[video=youtube;QK8mJJJvaes]

... 'cept I'm not popping any tags.

The Plan

Whilst ideally I'd like to do the hexagon on this save, I'll be looking more to establish myself as a desired, world class manager, from rags to riches. Perhaps not looking incredible in your grandad's clothes along the way. Of course I'll be setting this as Sunday League with no qualifications just to make it that tad bit harder.

Countries Loaded

Bahrain, Japan, Lebanon, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Thailand, Belgium, Denmark, England, Lithuania, Holland, San Marino, Poland, Scotland, Switzerland, Serbia, Australia, Fiji, NZ, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Tahiti, Vanuatu, New Caledonia

History

Year		Club Name	Division	Finish		Notes
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014-15		AS Aorai	Tahiti 2nd Div	1st		2nd Div title winners
2015-16		AS Aorai	Tahiti 1st Div	7th		Tahiti Cup winners
2016-17		AS Aorai	Tahiti 1st Div	3rd		Tahiti Cup winners
2017-18		Dumbarton	Scottish Champ	2nd		Sacked by Consortium
2017-18		GKS Katowice	Ekstraklasa	12th		
2018-19		GKS Katowice	Ekstraklasa	1st		Ekstraklasa, FA Cup winners
2019-20         GKS Katowice    Ekstraklasa     1st             Ekstraklasa, Super Cup, FA Cup winners

2017		Vanuatu U-20	N/A		N/A		N/A
2020            Japan           N/A             N/A             N/A       
2020		Poland		N/A		N/A		N/A

2014/15 - AS Aorai

Tahitian Second Division

AS_Aorai.gif

Pre-season Overview and Thoughts

There is literally nothing and no-one here. When I thought to myself I wanted a fresh challenge, this wasn't exactly what I thought I was getting myself into. Nonetheless, a challenge it will be in the Tahitian second division. Whilst pressure of not getting into champions league football is off, the board do want me to qualify for the playoffs.

At first I thought to myself, blimey, that's a bit of an ask but then thats when I realised - all nine teams in the Tahitian Second division qualify for the promotion playoff. It's a little bit silly, but at least I don't have to worry about attaining the unattainable on the first attempt. We could be in the premier division next year if we play our cards right.

Forza Aorai?

2014/15 - AS Aorai

Tahitian Second Division

AS_Aorai.gif

[video=youtube;vQLNS3HWfCM]

Four points for a win, two points for a draw, one point for a loss? Yep, we're surely not in Kansas anymore!

Season Results - CAMPIONES.... OR ARE WE?!

3UjDgFV.jpg

Arguably one of the most bizarre FM games I've ever played in, the Tahitian league required little effort for me to run away with the league undefeated, even if it did come down to the last day. The points were weird, the whole playoff thing was weird. It was just a weird league to play in! But then I discovered that there was more to the league, with the bottom five and the entirety of the nine to face off against each other for a spot in the next years first division if you finished in the top four. Shocking.

Either way, at this stage, we've got a trophy in the cabinet, lets just see if we promote in the process.

Four points for a win' date=' two points for a draw, one point for a loss? Yep, we're surely not in Kansas anymore![/quote']

From Wikipedia:

According to Charles Ariitoma the President of the FTF this was introduced because "we don't want anyone to be sad."

:D:thup:

Just keep winning and you'll be fine ;)

I had the same points system in New Caledonia in my save. The 1 point for a loss means it makes no difference at all! Every team just gets the regular points total plus one for each match played... Still, at least we never felt sad :p

2014/15 - AS Aorai

Tahitian Second Division

AS_Aorai.gif

[video=youtube;2Zail7Gdqro]

There's no earthly way of knowing, which direction we are going...

Season Results - 2ND - PROMOTED

dZVWovM.jpg

We easily promoted with three games to go. Some key signings and impressive youth pulls meant we had the depth to see out injuries to key players. All in all, one could say I'm 'happy' :p

0grlYRq.jpg

As you can see we once again went undefeated and were only second by virtue of having more draws (generally away from home). Fernandez was on fire after being given his debut and Legrand also did well to step up. If Fernandez keeps up his form he'll definitely be a Tahitian full international in the next year or so. But I will give him time as he's super young!

Cup Results - Quarter Finals

15M5g0H.jpg

Hopefully this isn't a precursor of what to expect when we hit the First Division. A smashing loss to Tafena ruled us out at the Quarter Finals stage.

Our outstanding Performers...

Fabien Hernandez - What a youth pull. Not much stat wise but you know when you have that one player who you ask to step up, and he does. Just this kinda guy. 3 goals from 6 games attests to this.

Rino Moretta - Signed as a backup for Harry Tong Sang but after his injury after just two games ended up leading the line for us in our promotion year with 7 goals in 11 games. Probably due to that finishing attribute, but nonetheless a winner for us.

Harry Tong Sang - When he played, he was a goal machine. Hopefully he can stay fit and form an electric partnership with Moretta and Hernandez up front.

From the gaffer...

Okay, this season has been weird as all hell but also very rewarding. I've taken the off-season off to study a National C and hopefully that will get me into an U-23 or U-20 gig in the near future to get me some more reputation. Otherwise, I'll simply be looking to keep up Aorai this season.

2014/15 - AS Aorai

Tahitian Second Division

AS_Aorai.gif

[video=youtube;sBlhrTpi69E]

We miss out on a chance at the O-League by a mere draw. Not that we didn't have enough of them...

Season Results - 7th, Relegation Playoff!

3ayZSKw.jpg

So alas we have to play in the prolonged 12 game relegation process which we will inevitably win anyway, we're just that far ahead of the second division sides atm.

We've picked up some 1st div quality players, so hopefully they can aid Moretta, Sang and Hernandez & co. to keep us up in the division.

2015/16 - AS Aorai

Tahitian First Division

AS_Aorai.gif

[video=youtube;Ms3s4Boo_3E]

Okay, so it's not a big cup, or a champions league, but I'll take it. It may or may not be a cup of life though...

Season Results - 1st in First Division Relegation Playoff

ryJ0ZRU.jpg

We ran away with this in the end. No one challenged us and we stay up very much comfortably. I'm not sure. Does this make us upper mid-table or what? Have I not just solidified 7th?

OP6oowH.jpg

Hernandez continued his form from last season, as did Moretta, with Vehia Maurirere also giving his best shout for a starting berth. Hernandez was the only youth we continued with, including Legrand from time to time, as we looked to establish a super strong first division side. We made some solid signings in our defence, in particular Teamo, to provide us with 'memorable rearguard action'.

Cup Results - Campione!

VpU3gqT.jpg

If this didn't show how far we've come in the last six months, I don't know what will. Beating AS Dragon in the semi for the first time was an absolute blast and signalled our intentions. $30k in the kitty aint bad either.

Alain Hernandez - Continues to shine in midfield with 7 goals from 17 games. This included 4 assists and 2 MotM's. Surprisingly still not picked up by the NT.

Rino Moretta - While we expected Tong Sang to lead the front line for us again, it turned out to be Moretta with his modest stats who racked up 12 goals in 16 matches. Currently the AS Aorai top scorer of all time.

Albert Masson - New signing mid-season from Tahiti U-17. Only seven goals conceded in twelve games.

Vehia Maurirere - Another signing from AS Pirae, was our talisman in the cup with 3 from 3, and 5 from 12 overall.

From the gaffer...

I can only hope that the relegation playoff form is a precursor to our 2016/2017 form in the Tahitian First Division with the board demanding a champions playoff position and some players getting frisky and wanting a title challenge - which I, as an idiot, agreed to.

We've lost my backup GK (Tien Wah) to bosman and my third choice has signed with a second division club despite me offering a handsome part time wage. Ah well can't win them all. So long as Masson stays fit we should be okay.

I've been using Aorai as a method to get my coaching badges up too. I now hold a National B, with a National A on the way by the end of mid-season.

2016/17 - AS Aorai

Tahitian First Division

AS_Aorai.gif

[video=youtube;pAgnJDJN4VA]

Okay, so we went back to back not back in black but who's complaining?

Season Results - 3rd in First Division, 3rd in First Division Champions playoff

N7nRVxj.jpg

FjfH3VY.jpg

Some great form saw us go something like 20 odd games undefeated, but the draws are what killed us. A series of 10 consecutive draws shocked us, it was like some sort of twilight zone ****!

MsdPCRp.jpg

Hernandez and Maurirere were the standouts this year, whilst Noell Martin was one of the few youth pulls who got a few games under his belt. Sadly for us the class of '17 only delivered us a goalkeeper and not an outstanding youth striker! Another solid six goals for the Hernandez man sets him as a favoured personnel as does myself.

Cup Results - Campione!

VpU3gqT.jpg

Wow! I didn't think we had it in us to go back to back but it shows we're the masters of the comeback. A tough draw sees us sneak this and another $34k in the bank.

Alain Hernandez - Bit of a broken record now, the kid has finally picked up two U-20 appearances for Tahiti and I can only see big things for him should he continue at Aorai.

Vehia Maurirere - Really took control and stole Morietta's position in the starting lineup, limiting the Record Scorer for Aorai to a cameo this season. Always reliable to find the back of the net.

Vairoto Cheung - Signed midseason and played every game this year, going from strength to strength. Tahitian International.

From the gaffer...

I'm certain I'm done with Tahiti for now. I can't handle the constant draws and solitary points for a loss. We could win this year, but I don't feel like it'll be something I'll enjoy.

And with that I resign... With a National A License and a Continental C on the way - sneakily asked for the day before I resigned! I leave them in a strong financial position with a strong squad.

If they're a good coach, the new manager will go further with Aorai.

And I was promptly offered the role of....

139px-Vanuatu_Football_Federation_Logo.svg.png Vanuatu Under 20's 139px-Vanuatu_Football_Federation_Logo.svg.png

Nice run with Aorai. :thup: It can be a tough call at times - move on having brought the club forward or stick around for a potentially long slog to compete for titles and continental trophies?

Good luck with Vanuatu U20s - any decent youngsters to call upon?

Nice run with Aorai. :thup: It can be a tough call at times - move on having brought the club forward or stick around for a potentially long slog to compete for titles and continental trophies?

Good luck with Vanuatu U20s - any decent youngsters to call upon?

I wish mate, it was difficult as hell but...

Vanuatu Under 20's

139px-Vanuatu_Football_Federation_Logo.svg.png

Fixtures

batBVLQ.jpg

Some super easy matches saw an unbeaten year, and enough to gain me some notoriety with other nations. It was time to move on. and with that, I moved onto a club that has seen harder times, and never really lived up to it's potential.

I resigned at the end of the year.

2016-17

Dumbarton FC

Scottish League One

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSkyEPCQVPzkgLsKG-T-5BU6nSR_xG2AXfgLxI8ZWd-DfDmY9fz0A

xITzfqc.jpg

After relegation last time out from the Championship, they were expecting a swift return, but financial debacles and team disharmony sees them adrift in 9th. They have some good talent and I shouldn't need to bring in many new players to see them at least challenge for playoffs.

Literally halfway around the world with that job switch! It looks like a tight division - a couple of wins could see you into play-off contention ;)

And it did...

2016-17

Dumbarton F.C

Scottish League 1

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSkyEPCQVPzkgLsKG-T-5BU6nSR_xG2AXfgLxI8ZWd-DfDmY9fz0A

[video=youtube;sJnDGnIIfGo]

I can't even describe the logic

9GjyJnM.jpg

aXr5m68.png

BU2GjG9.png

Okay, what in the actual hell? One loss since I took over and we're on EQUAL points with runaway leaders Elgin City. I'd overturned the player disdain and cut the wage bill right down. And then some freaking consortium comes in and is like "Well hey, let's hire the Arbroath manager". Safe to say I;m absolutely livid. I didnt deserve this at all. But, silver linings...

1XipUhT.png

They're safely in the Ekstraklasa. In 12th place. with two games to go. Safe. And I have a whole pre-season to cut and fill the team to my liking.

Getting the boot just because the eccentric new owner doesn't like your last name or something - the worst way to go. :mad:

Still, their loss - let's hope they don't get promoted! And well done getting the Katowice job which is obviously a step up. Considering what you've done with your previous clubs, I predict you'll be playing European football in a year or so... :thup:

Onwards and upwards, despite the sacking. Poland is a fun league, and although Legia, Lech and Wisla should theoretically dominate, 4th place and European football is anyone's for the taking.

It's funny you say that, Wisla is in the relegation zone.

Getting the boot just because the eccentric new owner doesn't like your last name or something - the worst way to go. :mad:

Still, their loss - let's hope they don't get promoted! And well done getting the Katowice job which is obviously a step up. Considering what you've done with your previous clubs, I predict you'll be playing European football in a year or so... :thup:

I know. They can take their stupid scottish asses and get bent! :( Thanks for the kind words, I do hope I can keep up the trailblazing!

That defeat against Queen's Park was entirely unacceptable.

I know. It was like my Dumby career ended that night.

Wow! I've seen the 'new board is considering a new manager' news item before but I've never seen them follow through unless the team s underperforming and the manager was on his way out anyway...

Nevermind - Poland sounds good and you'll be playing continental football soon enough while they bounce around the second and third tiers in Scotland. :)

2017-18

GKS Katowice

Ekstraklasa

GKS_Katowice.png

VFerInc.jpg

HjFVwve.png

From the gaffer...

Pleased with the comfortable end of the season, even if it was only nine games. Looking on to next season, I've raided Belgium for some solid defensive signings, as well as a new keeper. Hoping to lock in a key striker before the window closes but!

Dumb new owner.

He ended up poaching the Elgin City manager, and still promoting via the playoffs, BUT is 14 points off safety now in the Championship! So sucks to be them!

As for us at Katowice, boy do I have a surprise for you lot!

2018-19

GKS Katowice

Ekstraklasa

GKS_Katowice.png

Ekstraklasa - 2nd, Qualified for Champions playoff

w6JOdbG.png

What can I say, but wow! I had hoped for maybe a top six finish, but second has just blown me away. I've built a squad around a rock hard defence, which sadly has put me into a bit of debt, but it's paid off for me with a miserly 28 goals conceded in 30 games. At times we've been in a bit of trouble player wise, constantly fluctuating between 15-19 healthy players, but I've made do.

Strangely though, I guess to even the playing field, the champions playoff in Poland takes your points and halves them and then makes you play the top nine teams in the competition. Which currently sees us top with Legia, equal on points with nine games to go. The title could actually be a possibility! K'mon Katowice!

Iq8PJ4X.png

As you can see Michal Fid-alphabet has been one of my most prolific strikers to get us thus far and I'm appalled he hasn't recieved a calll by Poland over the last two seasons, as he's scored 34 goals in all competitions over the last two years. Aaron Leya-Iseka and Rodgers Kola also managed to get on the score sheet after thorough scouting of their progress since the 2017 Asian Cup of Nations. But it's definitely my Belgian Triangle of Mmaee, Heylen and Thoelen that led to 'memorable rearguard action' as FM would say. Still feel we could have gotten a few wins from draws, but still very much stoked at our progress!

Polish FA Cup - Campiones!

NxUWGja.png

Honestly thought it was all over before it even began when we were drawn Legia but they fielded a second string side and we brushed them aside on a rollercoaster ride of a competition. Belchatow really, REALLY pushed us and we got out of jail there but the heroics of Leya-Iseka saved us time and time again. The final was a brutal affair - with the scores remaining 2-1 the entire second half as we shut up shop and shut out a rampaging Ruch side. European football has been secured, but with our bank balance sitting at a horrific -1.94 million pounds, we're in a bit of trouble. May need to win the league for the extra financial bump from the Champions League!

So this just happened...

iAmpuQw.png

A resounding 3-0 win over Cracovia and we're now clear by three points after Slask sneaked a win 1-0 win over legia. We now play Slask (4th - Home), Gornik (8th - Away), Zawisza (6th - Home).

Safe to say I'm secretly confident we can win the title. That 3-3 draw with Legia was vital. We were 3-1 down at one stage, and it could prove to be championship defining.

2018-19

GKS Katowice

Ekstraklasa

GKS_Katowice.png

[video=youtube;04854XqcfCY]

Ekstraklasa - Campiones!

Vg9Mdyh.png

0RfzWi9.png

Probably my favourite achievement in FM to date. Taking a rag tag team of nobodies to the title, some old players, some players I didnt even sign and some players I picked up from Belgium and Africa all making their mark on the competition in their own way. Safe to say, I am elated and can't wait to try and go back to back, as the vultures start circling my 17 man squad. I still can't seemingly rid myself of the stench of Dumbarton, with the title winning announcement even mentioning it!

LqKWYaa.png

The 1-1 draw with Slask made for some exciting last day action as we required a draw against this year's bogey side - Zawisza. Lo and behold, we managed a smashing 3-0 win which made for some delirious scenes, and guarantees us the title and Champions League football!

Some other little achievements...

Sk5vsX3.png

1yjF8m6.png

Fair play award came as somewhat of a shock, but I'll take it, and definitely the manager of the year crown - was not expecting that, even though I led us to the title.

Best Performing Players

Sammy Mmaee - Belgian central defender who despite interest from the big leagues, has never earnt a cap at either youth or full international level. 33 games and 1 goal saw him the rock of the defence and understandably the fan favourite player at the end of the year. Will be fighting off the vultures to keep him I think, although I have promised him if the clubs make a high enough bid, I'll let him go.

Adam Pazio - This fella was brought in under the old regime, and I can see why, alternating between the left midfield and left defender roles in my 4-4-2, he proved his versatility to rack up an impressive 32 games, for one goal scored. He currently also helps train "The Dude".

Wojcech "The Dude" Dudzinski - A youth pull that got some game time in 2017-18 before establishing himself as my first choice left back this year. Played 22 games inclusive of cup matches and showed maturity beyond his years. Hoping he'll be a part of the squad for many a year to come!

Yannick Thoelen - At 29, is coming into his prime, a part of the 'Belgian Triangle' that only conceded 34 goals in 37 games, and is at the core of my defensive 4-4-2 strategy. Another to not be capped, but hopefully some exposure in the Champions League can help that.

Michal Fidzikiukiewicz - Not a flashy player but gets the job done. Scored a club record 20 goals this season, but I feel like Rino Moretta at Aorai, may struggle this year, especially as I look to add some depth to the attack.

Honourable Mentions

Honourable mentions must go out to these players who also contributed well to the cause, and I was either too lazy to screenshot them, or they simply didn't do their job better than the above and I didn't feel like doubling up.

Sasa Kis (23 apps, 6 goals) - Complained about lack of first team football, but was aptly given it, and shined when he did, scoring an average of one goal every four games.

Michael Heylen (20 apps, 2 goals) - Another that complained for game time but when asked to step up in Michal Szal's absence through injury, he did commendably.

Nenad Marinkovic (33 appearances, 10 goals) - 10 goals from midfield is no mean feat! One of our key men going forward and played a vital role in all positions in the midfield.

Aaron Leya-Isaka (32 appearances, 10 goals) - Congolese flyer/striker who I had scouted when I was at Aorai/Dumbarton, and luckily also had dual-Belgian citizenship so doesn't count against EU quota. Either way, champion and at 22 can only get better.

Rodgers Kola (17 appearances, 6 goals) - 30 year old Zambian winger who I had been watching since the 2017 African cup of Nations, and picked him up on the cheap as soon as I could. Injury curtailed what could have been an even more stellar season.

From the gaffer...

We put on a club record 30 games unbeaten to nab the title, and believe me there were times I thought we wouldn't! Last minute draws (I feel I've got a tactic suited just for this now! :lol:) and a strong spine will hopefully allow me to grow the squad in the coming years. With youth like "The Dude" coming through as well as winger Damien Mrochen, I am confident that eventually we can start to dominate the Ekstraklasa.

2019-20

GKS Katowice

Champions League Qualifying

sZI03tS.png

bIHLfQn.png

I guess while we were lucky with our qualifying draws, we absolutely lucked out with our draw in the group stage. PSG, Valencia and Roma make for a difficult group. Whilst I think I might be able to get up against Roma at least, PSG and Valencia will be immensely difficult. The 6 million for qualifying though has definitely helped our financial situation. I've been able to upgrade the youth facilities which means I should be able to blood more kids after 2020. Exciting times.

• 2 weeks later...

2019-20

GKS Katowice

Ekstraklasa

GKS_Katowice.png

[video=youtube;FlItMpGYQTo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlItMpGYQTo

I tried to find a witty video to say 'I'm back' but I couldn't find anything... So yeah, this happened

Ekstraklasa - 1st, Qualified for Champions playoff

HwpDqKv.jpg

A definite improvement on last year, but I can't help but think that some stupid draws let us down, as at times we were four points clear of Lubin and could have been more. We've played some great defensive football, and have further shut up shop from last season. We only shipped 16 goals in 30 games, which is nearly ONE every TWO matches.

I guess Lubin got the hint as they too only shipped 19.

5ohV4tb.jpg

tzFHAHp.jpg

Fid-alphabet again has been the rock of our title defence with 13 goals but it's been a load thats also been shared with our wingers in particular Leya Isaka. Rodgers Kola has been good value for money, whilst new Scottish signing Lewis MacLeod has been handy from midfield.

Funnily enough, our only loss was against Lubin, who are quickly becoming rivals!

Polish FA Cup - Campiones! Back to Back!

b84xSUr.jpg

We had arguably the easiest run to the final with only Lech providing us with some last minute worries at home. Cracovia wold take care of Legia and Lubin for us, meaning we had a handful of second division teams to pick off as well as a few Ekstraklasa teams from the lower half of the table.

Another win, and back to back. And it puts me in second in the Australian Hall of Fame. An ekstraklasa win will put me top and who knows, I might even crack the polish top 10!

European Champions League - Knocked out!

QQUaOtQ.jpg

jgOypTx.jpg

The less said the better. Was grouped with Ligue 1 champions, Serie A champions and La Liga Runners up. I mean come on, really?!

2023 ASIAN CUP QUALIFIERS

Japan

[video=youtube;mgekmOqCFTU]

Most. Accurate. Song. Ever

So, just as the Ekstraklasa ended it's main phase, Japan were thrown out of World Cup Qualification for Qatar 2022. Shocker! But this means that I now need to beat Laos, Palestine and Yemen to qualify for China 2023.

Seems easy enough. There's actually some exciting groups after unknowns like India and Tajikistan qualified for the final 12 in the Asian WC Qualifiers.

Note: A quick look at the WC Qualifiers shows that Japan got screwed. They drew more than they needed to and Iraq pipped them by 2 points. No wonder they hired me! haha.

2019-20

GKS Katowice

Ekstraklasa

GKS_Katowice.png

[video=youtube;F_7baOCYg-Q]

Ekstraklasa - Campiones!

G258Lw5.jpg

paaL83A.jpg

We did it the hard way, but we went back to back. Lubin blew several opportunities to pass us, and in the end it was a rudimentary 2-1 derby win that secured us our second title under my reign and elevate me to not just ninth in the Polish hall of fame, but also top of the Australian hall of fame. Fid-alphabet broke the scoring record again with 21 goals, although sadly I think this will be his last season with us.

8bQSkEJ.jpg

Honestly thought that the Lechia result and those draws would cost us going back to back, but Lubin crashed out, and had they not kept up with me in the season proper may not have even got the first Europa League spot. Either way, stoked with my teams performance.

Some other little achievements...

nta8ZtB.jpg

Another manager of the year award, although I thought it would go to the lad who led Lubin to such a close ride in the Ekstraklasa.

Best Performing Players

Yannick Thoelen - Big season for the big belgian, and he's even keeping former Manchester United keeper Thomas Kuszczak out of the starting line up with his form. Had some challenge from Monis, his understudy early on, but remained composed and rarely put a foot wrong all season.

Lewis MacLeod - A bit of scottish flavour in my midfield, signed directly from Celtic. The scotsman has been prolific however, scoring eight goals from midfield and consistently performing in the Ekstraklasa.

Aaron Leya Isaka - A move up front saw Leya Isaka score one goal every two games in the Ekstraklasa. He just gets better and better, and even managed to score his first goal for DR Congo in his fifth cap!

Andreas Georgiou - January transfer window signing to bulk up the midfield, and boy did he do that. Marshalled nearly every game he started under my rotation, and commanded a first team place almost immeadiately.

Honourable Mentions

Honourable mentions must go out to these players who also contributed well to the cause, and I was either too lazy to screenshot them, or they simply didn't do their job better than the above and I didn't feel like doubling up.

Michael Heylen (24 apps, 0 goals) - A player we say goodbye to for 1.3million to Bournemouth. Played well enough, but obviously just wasn't happy enough with us.

Nenad Marinkovic (28 appearances, 5 goals) - Scored some crucial goals for us on the way to a second consecutive cup victory.

Michal Fid-alphabet (21 appearances, 15 goals) - Will go on loan next season to Slovan Bratislava, after another immaculate season. Won the 2019 Ekstraklasa Player of the year.

Zarko Tomasevic (26 appearances, 3 goals) - Montenegrin defender who was a rock at the heart of my defence. Will captain the side with the departure of Michal Szal and Michael Heylen.

From the gaffer...

It was a difficult year, and I highly doubt we'll be able to achieve the three-peat with a lot of regular names leaving. Mmaae was the first at the beginning of the season, but with Heylen, Szal, Fidz-alphabet all going in the off-season, some younger players may need to step up.

2020 Nations League

Qatar 2022 Qualifying

Poland

[video=youtube;l4Cpwbyaxyg]

So, at the conclusion of the 2019-2020 season, I was offered a huge chance - to take on the mantle of manager of Poland.

With Japan out of the running for 2022, this was a no-brainer.

And thus, I'm manager of Poland after zero games with Japan! haha.

Archived