will installing windows 10 affect fm

Not since all the updates I have received, it has been very stable, except in windowed mode I seem to get crash dumps so run it in full screen.

Also make sure all your drivers are updated afterwards, some windows don't change, or some it changes to generic, so best to update them yourself.

I've had no issues with windowed mode. No issues at all actually.

I've had no issues with windowed mode. No issues at all actually.

Neither have I. But I went back to Win 7 anyway, for other reasons. I liked Win 10 a lot better than Win 8, but there are still just too many annoyances. W7 is still the king.

I don't see any difference in Windows 10 and Windows 7.

Tried the Windows internet browser, Edge, and went back to Chrome...

Whatever floats your boat.

To be fair to IE, it's the market leader in being used to download Chrome on a fresh install of Windows.

Neither have I. But I went back to Win 7 anyway, for other reasons. I liked Win 10 a lot better than Win 8, but there are still just too many annoyances. W7 is still the king.

Fair enough. I don't really see many differences, at least no negatives. A lot of nice little touches for the way I use it, and given it was free can't really complain.

Well I don't want to change this thread into a W10 discussion, but what I found the most annoying with W10 - and it shares this with W8 - was it's rigid "big brother" behavior. W10 (and Edge, and Bing) is appalling for internet privacy, and even when you have managed to turn much of it's snooping and reporting back to Microsoft off, all you can do, at least - it still spies on you. (Read up on it if you care). The same goes with Edge, and with Bing. And new gadget Cortona ... oh dear. Not that Apple is any better on that front, mind you. I can't stand being big brother'ed, even if I do nothing "bad". It's also less customizable than W7; the trend in OS'es nowadays is to make one size fit all, to the expense of those (like me) who wants to set up things just how we like it. Oh well, rant over. Those that don't care about internet privacy won't understand what I'm on about, of course.

Apart from that, W10 is much more streamlined than W8, and worked fine for me. But I'm back to my old customized W7, which I have whipped into being obedient to me, not to Microsoft. And to report to me, not to Microsoft - unless I choose to let them have some. W7 is much more whippable.

Archived