I get bored when the real players are gone

Try lower league management. I don't know who any are. Did have an aging Willy Zaha on trial but though he was skewering my reality. But what you're saying I think goes into my long held view that people are lost within their own bubble of a club and lose that overall view of football we have as fans. As the real players, who for top tier managers will suspend that aspect of the game, disappear - maybe this is what you're experiencing?

Is there any addon pack that puts retired players back into the game as youngsters instead of using newgens?

Wouldn't that be boring seeing the same names coming through over and over again?

I'm not that fussed myself, it's nice to start with them but I like to see real players careers end and then see which ones then take up a staff role and how they do, I also like that eventually the game is just newgen players.

The problem is that there are never newgens as good as Ronaldo or Messi. :(

You must be joking.:confused:

Which is another reason why Gustavinho is better.

Gustavinho is better at his position than Messi is at any of his.

If Messi was just a striker, he'd probably be better.

that regen is not better than messi, i dont know why you think that, in terms of attacking threat id take messi over that regen any day of the week.

that regen is not better than messi, i dont know why you think that, in terms of attacking threat id take messi over that regen any day of the week.

I think people are really struggling to differentiate between in-game Messi and real life Messi. In-game Messi just isn't the same as the real thing.

you get bored because you haven't seen the regen players irl

consider for a second that there will actually be some kid who comes along that eclipses messi in terms of ability

every generation has its genius

there are some very scary regens around when you get 30 seasons in and you will remember their names

I'm not that fussed myself, it's nice to start with them but I like to see real players careers end and then see which ones then take up a staff role and how they do

Agreed. Jonas Olsson's time at West Brom is coming to an end in my Save, and I'm looking forward to seeing what he does, even though I'm sad to see him go.

I don't see how the regens are different from rl people it's just a name and a face (which u can turn off) exactly the same other wise, can be just as good as ronaldo and messi.

I have a goalkeeper called Victor Valdez who is spanish. He's a regen. Pretty decent too, definitely going to be a top player but not world class. Also ronaldo and messi are basically once-twice in a generation players, you won't see regions that good year after year.

i have noticed that they don't seem to get the same level of tactical skills as them though.

In terms of being better than Ronaldo & Messi, depends how you judge that? It's not just about attributes, in terms of performance I have seen players that can compare to the records/stats of those two.

Also had some cracking players myself that haven't exactly looked amazing attribute wise but performance wise they have been.

I always feel same with you gibsonstu - so I never play a career longer than 10 years.

FM equals reality. So I think managing real players make the game more realistic.

Just imagine when Ronaldo takes a freekick. Would it be same reality/feeling if this newgen Gustavinho takes freekick!?

I always feel same with you gibsonstu - so I never play a career longer than 10 years.

FM equals reality. So I think managing real players make the game more realistic.

Just imagine when Ronaldo takes a freekick. Would it be same reality/feeling if this newgen Gustavinho takes freekick!?

No, it's not the same feeling. It's a better feeling because Gustavinho is someone I signed at age 18 and developed him into this as my club grew with him.

No, it's not the same feeling. It's a better feeling because Gustavinho is someone I signed at age 18 and developed him into this as my club grew with him.

Ronaldo is also someone who you have been watching for long years & know his whole story. How he becomes ready to take freekick, how he runs, makes tricks, crosses, etc.

I get bored after the January transfer window! I get bored when the game has deviated from real life to even the smallest extent with big players moving, especially when making moves I think they wouldn't make. I do all I can with the in game editor to the stop it, and with the pre game editor I've set up real life transfers for this summer as future transfers to make the next season as real as possible.

Ronaldo is also someone who you have been watching for long years & know his whole story. How he becomes ready to take freekick, how he runs, makes tricks, crosses, etc.

Exactly. His story has already been told. Where's the fun in that?

Exactly. His story has already been told. Where's the fun in that?

anyway, it is a subjective discussion. We are two different FM players. The game still offers enjoyment for both of us. no need to discuss anymore.

I get bored after the January transfer window! I get bored when the game has deviated from real life to even the smallest extent with big players moving.

You get bored very early then.

Personally I would find it boring if it mirrored real life for too long, I want my game to be different and that is probably why I rarely manage the team I support or don't stick with it when I do, though having said that I am tempted to give it another go.

You get bored very early then.

Personally I would find it boring if it mirrored real life for too long, I want my game to be different and that is probably why I rarely manage the team I support or don't stick with it when I do, though having said that I am tempted to give it another go.

Aye, half the point of it for me is the fantasy.

Real lack of good regens in my long term save. ive been manager of blackburn for 15 seasons and its now 2030. really miss the real players, still have carlos fierro at blackburn aged 34 and still playing international football. last year sold julian brandt, americ laporte, paul pogba, balenta, not for the money but to get them off the wage bill as they were too old although everyone of them was a blackburn legend. replaced them with the few regens in my game that are equally as good. tbh only playing because i want a 90k stadium. its 55k atm.

Nothing beats discovering and signing a young 16-18 year old, who develops into a "Continental" or "Worldwide" status player, carries the team for several years only for the bigger clubs to come knocking on the door with their big cheque books. I absolutely love it to be honest. Even more so when it's from your club's youth academy.

In fact I recently had to part with an Icelandic player who I signed up for 1K and sold on for 22M. Talk about development. ;)

I highly recommend playing the game for longer periods rather than 10 or so seasons. I'm still on FM12 in 2036.

I'm now in 2022/3 season so the regens are starting to become proper 1st teamers. I've got a couple of good ones on my books, one of whom won the golden ball at the world cup at the age of 21. Produced by the clubs youth system too.

I always look forward to regens appearing in my game, for me they make the game more enjoyable rather than detract from it. Especially when you get a good one through your own youth system, always feels better than buying a known name!

I'm the exact opposite of the OP. I enjoy playing with players I've never heard of...that way I don't get "attached" to a name like I tend to when I know the players.

Agree. We're almost certainly more rational when assessing unknown players than ones we're very familiar with. That can only be a good thing.

I don't even bother with real players, I pretty much always play with "use fake players" ticked, regens are the best bit for me. Still waiting on it to be more than reskinning the existing database though. :mad:
Appreciate this frustration from those who use fake players, but I'd imagine load times where a whole new database is made from whole cloth would be maybe forever.

Play full blown FM with Full match setting around two notches from the fastest speed, by the time the real life players start being outnumbered by the regens you will be almost ready for FM 16 or FM 17 if you try it a couple of times. If you lead a normal life it can take a month or more to complete an entire season.

If FM ever starts including training drills which you can observe and plan. And further enhancement in scouting such as a video to watch the scout reports to gain the attributes. I can see it taking a full week to complete a week:thup:

I don't even bother with real players, I pretty much always play with "use fake players" ticked, regens are the best bit for me. Still waiting on it to be more than reskinning the existing database though. :mad:

same here, i play with fake players only, and then i holiday for about 25 years to make sure there is no "real" reskinned fake players anymore, and then the whole world is different, with different top teams in every league and loads of good players that you dont know about and must do lots of scouting to find out

If you don't mind a cheeky bit of self-promotion, the edit I'm working on at the moment will have a completely fictional DB - teams, countries, kits, staff and players. It's still a way off from being in a releasable state, but hopefully there won't be too much screwed up when converting it forward to continue developing for FM16.

Appreciate this frustration from those who use fake players, but I'd imagine load times where a whole new database is made from whole cloth would be maybe forever.

Don't know much about the technical side of it, but I'd be willing to wait while it loads. I get that there's more complications than the way it's currently done though :(

same here, i play with fake players only, and then i holiday for about 25 years to make sure there is no "real" reskinned fake players anymore, and then the whole world is different, with different top teams in every league and loads of good players that you dont know about and must do lots of scouting to find out

Holidaying is something I've tried once or twice, and enjoyed. As you say, learning about the new world is good fun!

If you don't mind a cheeky bit of self-promotion, the edit I'm working on at the moment will have a completely fictional DB - teams, countries, kits, staff and players. It's still a way off from being in a releasable state, but hopefully there won't be too much screwed up when converting it forward to continue developing for FM16.

Looks neat! Will follow along :)

I actually like the game more once the regens start pulling in. The game becomes more of a treasure hunt than a historical simulation.

Personally my favourite point in the game is the era as the last few real players are retiring and what follows then. If you let yourself get immersed in the gameworld as it develops it absolutely brilliant.

Anyhow, better players than Messi? They happen. In my game currently this chap's the best player:

6lb8YR9.jpg

Two time World Player of the Year, the last World Cup player of the Tournament scoring 9 goals in 5 games with 6 assists if I recall right (France were still dumped out of the finals in the quarter finals). Scored something like 50-55 goals last season, and you can see his international record there.

Archived