What Team Will You Be FM16 Edition

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Austria Salzburg

A club formed by supporters in 2006 after Red Bull purchased and rebranded their original team. They started in the 7th tier of Austrian football and have slowly clawed their way back up to the 2nd tier, which puts them in the playable leagues for FM16. Will be fun to get them back to the top flight and then knock Red Bull off its perch.

Thinking about doing Tranmere. I am a Liverpool fan so obviously follow the Merseyside clubs. Tranmere got relegated out of the football league last season for the first time in many years (possibly ever). So I think that would be a good save.

I'm also eyeing a save with Paris FC. They got promoted to Ligue 2 in France last season. Think it would be a good challenge to try and get them promoted to the top league and go head to head with Paris St. Germain.

Leeds.

If the researcher(s) and SI see it as many do, our academy is about to launch a few very talented youngsters.

Including the players who should be improved in game like Taylor, Phillips, Mowatt & Cook, could prove to be a very exciting save...

I might finally do the Gillingham save I've been meaning to do for the last few years.

I went into FM with a list of teams to try and I only played as Arsenal and one season of Newcastle. Would like some variation next season, so other than the mighty Gills, I'll probably start one unemployed and see if I can play more than 3 seasons (I tend to get bored after 3 seasons).

Parma would be a good one to do, due to the recent situation. Although a custom DB would be required I believe.

Anyone in the PL is worth a go now, or even Championship favourites, due to the money on available to most teams plus all the summer transfers.

Bradley DACK DACK DACK

When I do pick up 2016 (assuming Prozone works the way it seems to?) I may go back to Wrexham, or try to bring Cray Wanderers FC or Sheffield FC out of the depths. I'll also do a journeyman save, starting at a lower league in France and trying to work from there to Real Madrid, Bayern Munich or Juventus, preferably by way of Switzerland and/or Holland. But first first I'll do a season with one of the big teams from Switzerland, Holland or Milan, or perhaps OL, to get used to the new match engine.

As I've played FM to death its hard for me, i've done the Dauf chal a million times, San Marino one was brilliant, I did one where I had to go round each European league and win the title with a squad made 100% up of players from that country. I even did one where I created a 10 tier world super league, which was long./hard, also hard to balance the finances due to some teams having low ticket prices and the travel costs were huge, was fun though!

1) Ipswich - my team, plus we have a very strong squad in terms of depth and quality this year.

2) I always try and find a team with big potential, i.e a big fanbase, decent stadium etc. Fanbase is hard bit as you never know how it can grow, Thinking Bradford maybe. Someone in the midlands perhaps as the city size is large.

3) I may put Celtic and Rangers into the championship via the editor and see how they do.

4) Create a club, I did this before with 'Virgin FC' with Richard Branson as the generous (underwriter, not sugar daddy) owner who is also VERY ambitious, can you keep him happy? I started in league 2 with a 10k ground and NO players, just an OK budget for that league (say few hundred K and 40k a week wage budget), so you sign your squad entirely from scratch, I really liked this!

With EEE making a return I will probably buy FM16 and play as somebody from English level 8, probably my local team Newcastle Town, a la my FM11 epic that will take even longer to play.

I will start a save is Gillingham as I research and do the data for them. I was really chuffed with FM15 as the players in game often made the types of mistakes they made in real life, and the team performed similarly in game as it did in real life. This year has been more of a challenge with 9 new players a new(ish) manager and a slightly tighter budget to boot, but with some genuinely good players, a young squad and very little debt and the inconsistencies you get when the average age of your starting 11 is 24.

Once EEE is released, I'll leave it a week or two in case there are some big bugs but the it is decision time. Start again with a local team or keep the Gills save going. I am not one of those people who can switch between saves, but I do like sticking with my save through thick and thin and often have 30 or 40 year careers before the next version is released.

EEE is immense and great fun!

Tranmere. There is something quite enjoyable about trying to bring back a team from non-league and into the Premier League. Want to create a 3rd power on Merseyside.

In Europe, probably Racing Santander - again fallen giant, restore to past glories etc etc.

Also next year I'll be able to play as Darlington on Dafuge's Challenge. :cool:

Archived