Eligibility for National team

ScottishSteven

Hi folks,

I've tried searching the forums and googling it, but can't find any answers.

I'm aware that you can change via the editor the time it takes to obtain a second nationality, but is it hard coded that they must spend 5 years in the country before they are eligible for the national side too?

No. As soon as they become citizens, they should be available for selection - provided of course that they haven't played any "A" internationals for their original nation.

No. As soon as they become citizens, they should be available for selection - provided of course that they haven't played any "A" internationals for their original nation.

I thought was how it should work, but after editing a nation to 1 year residency, the players still have to wait 5 years before they can represent the nation according to the message I got when they took the second nationality?

I thought was how it should work, but after editing a nation to 1 year residency, the players still have to wait 5 years before they can represent the nation according to the message I got when they took the second nationality?

that shouldnt happen

try editing number of days he has been in country so it covers at least 5/7 year period, some countries may have something like being a continuous resident for x number of years hardcoded but I havent seen that every 1 i have checked can be edited

what country is it??

There are some hardcoded rules, like in Spain, where players from some nations (most of them in south america) just needs 2 year in the country instead of normally 10.

Another example are the chinese or cubans, that can't get another nationality.

As @kingrobbo asked, what country you are managing?

According to FIFA rules, in an instance where a player was not born in a country, they must exhibit a clear connection to that country in order to represent it. This can be achieved in one of two ways, either have a parent or grandparent born in the country in question, or by living in the country for at least 5 years. That's where the 5 year requirement comes in, regardless of the status of citizenship.

According to FIFA rules, in an instance where a player was not born in a country, they must exhibit a clear connection to that country in order to represent it. This can be achieved in one of two ways, either have a parent or grandparent born in the country in question, or by living in the country for at least 5 years. That's where the 5 year requirement comes in, regardless of the status of citizenship.

That's what I knew Spartans, but I didn't know if it had been hard coded into the game somewhere.

Thanks for the earlier responses Robbo and Kurovski, it's San Marino that I tried to do it with.

Archived