Payroll Monster wants to say - What should I do?!

I'm coaching Reggina (Italy C/C, 3rd division), and I want to get rid of a mediocre DL named Aronica - whose salary (880k) consumes 22% of my entire payroll!

The problem is that no club wants to buy him, and he doesn't want to leave (he still has 2 years of contract). I already demoted him to my reserve team, and also harassed him during interactions.

I could just release him but the penalty is very harsh (1.7M). (I'm thinking that at least my payroll problem would be solved, even if the club financial dept takes the overall hit)

What to do?... Thanks for your suggestions.

IMO the best option is to find a to use him so that he can showcase his ability on the pitch, this might see other clubs become interesting in signing him.

Currently you'll just end up with an increasingly unhappy player & any problems that he creates could escalate to the rest of your squad.

I just had a problem where my highest paid player, who isn't my best player by a long shot, wanted to leave. I said ok, offered him out at various value. Lots of interest but no bids due to his ridiculous wages. Eventually loaned him out for 20% of wages. hoping he scores some goals and I can sell him at the end of the season...

Archived