Sports Interactive Community
velja

Can't start the game, error code 51

Hello, I have found post about this error but I don't have F-security or other things mentioned there.

I have tried turning off my anti virus and other running programs, also tried reinstalling game but no success.

I'm using windows 10 pro, i5 4670k, gtx 980 if that is somehow relevant.

I would appreciate any advices

Hello, I have found post about this error but I don't have F-security or other things mentioned there.

I have tried turning off my anti virus and other running programs, also tried reinstalling game but no success.

I'm using windows 10 pro, i5 4670k, gtx 980 if that is somehow relevant.

I would appreciate any advices

I'm not sure what to say...do you have any other games on Steam/are they working OK? Have you contacted Steam to say your game won't install?

This does sound like a Steam issue someone else also encountered earlier, assuming the error comes up from Steam rather than after actually starting the game. Have you tried contacting the Steam support ?

Ive just tried and i cant even contact steam on this issue, they are redirecting me to this website or sega's one

Hi veija,

Strange that the reinstall didn't work. :-/

I had a similar issue on Steam once, that was fixed by doing something like below (IIRC):

Go to your games Library and right click on EHM, then Properties, Local Files, Verify Integrity of Cache (or similar).

Good Luck! :-)

EDIT: https://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/34zpat/steam_error_code_51/ seems like this was it

Do You have possibility to install steam, download game on other system? Of course log on to Your steam account.

Im sure that will work but whats the point? I need to change my operating system in order to play the game? ...

I mean log on your account on other system, download game and test running. There will be an answer where is problem. I'm betting on windows.

The problem does still sound like something interfering with Steam itself when trying to run EHM as it doesn't get as far as launching the game itself. Can you check if any of these pages include software that might be on your system and could affect it ?

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=9828-SFLZ-9289

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2235-YXVB-8261