FM16 App

When playing GTA 5 upon release I loved the fact there was an accompanying app that let you mod your car and other various things.

Would this type of app be popular with FM players? I'd love a dedicated FM app that syncs with your main PC game and let's you do certain things when not playing - like look at your squad, show your tactics to friends, maybe even share across the app with mates, set scouting assignments. Obviously nothing too heavy like playing matches or continuing the game. I'd be prepared to pay for it too!

I'm sure we've all been at work thinking about our FM starting line ups and I'd love a simple app that is synced to my main game to use during some down time.

There is already an FM app for the handheld device available.

That's FMH, the handheld game, not what the OP is asking for.

As for the actual OP request, I'm not really a fan. I can see the attraction, but I'm struggling to see really where the benefit is. Once you take away the being able to continue the game - which IMO will never be available, nor should it - then you're severely limited as to what you can do. The stuff that's left just seems a bit meh to me. Understand there's going to be people out there who really want to drag players around a screen and do basic database reads.

As I've always said, I'd much rather they provided an API rather than rolled their own. Would be very interesting to see what the Community could come up with given a decent API.

No doubt the community would charge for it like with FMRTE :\

Perhaps, but you could also point to the editor files/graphics/skins that people don't charge for - I see them more on that side of things.

Having said that, if someone builds something that is really, really useful and wants to charge for it, as long as it has value and SI are fine with them doing so, I see no issue with that.

Archived