FM 10 and Windows 10

I've heard that you may have to run it under 'compatibility mode' or something to that extent, but no one really knows for sure

If you do install, remember to BACK UP your save file (to a USB or something) and copy it across when you're done

None of the FM series of games have been tested on W10 and so are not officially supported with this OS. SI are currently looking at the issues that have appeared with users upgrading to W10, although the problems appear not to be with everyone and can sometimes be resolved with using compatibility mode and/or running the game from the FM.exe link in steam

• Administrators

Although previous version of FM are not officially supported on Windows 10 by using the compatibility options, making sure your drivers are all up to date and in some cases reinstalling the game you may be able to get older version of FM to run.

I've just installed Windows 10 and it prompted me to update my graphics card driver. I did that. Then I tried running the FM icon on the desktop, which runs Steam and everything worked exactly as before. I can watch the 3D match, continue the game for a few days, and save it all without problems.

I think some people were having graphics issues so I'd recommend updating everything before attempting to launch the game. Others are having saving issues which seems pretty random - can't think of why.

On the whole though, most people I know with 15 have had no issues at all. Older versions are more likely to have issues.

Okay so for no apparent reason FM15 has now stopped working under windows 10, despite working yesterday. So I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it only to be told by my virus protection the the exe has a virus and the game won't run through steam as the exe is missing or damaged. So basically I have crashed and burned in a matter of 12 hours.

I'm struggling with w10 and fm15. It's really jumpy and laggy when playing a match. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but no change. I've changed to windows with a slight improvement but still really laggy. The only thing not done is change to compatibility mode but I don't know how to do that

I'm struggling with w10 and fm15. It's really jumpy and laggy when playing a match. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but no change. I've changed to windows with a slight improvement but still really laggy. The only thing not done is change to compatibility mode but I don't know how to do that

You'd need to report your issue here:

http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/462-Issues-Found-on-PC

There are one or two existing threads on Win 10 and FM15 too, so might be worth checking if anyone had your issue and was able to solve it too.

Archived