Clearances - Do we have too many of them in FM?

Especially from the teams that are inferior in a given match, I see tremendous amount of clearances / hoofed balls in FM2015.

I put this into tactics forum, because the choice of mentality plays a role here (with control mentality we see more build up from defensive positions, whereas with counter mentality defenders hoof the ball the first chance they get), as well as formation and roles.

I expect clearances in two situations:

1- when a cross comes in

2- when defender has the control off the ball, but he is under pressure and he has no wide open teammate nearby

In my opinion, the issue is that the bold part above is simply being ignored in the ME, by the defenders of inferior teams. Or maybe it is just bad graphical representation in the ME, I don't know.

The instruction 'play out of defense' certainly doesn't help, for example.

I feel like, this too is related to the morale/confidence being heavily weighted in the ME. The defenders of the inferior teams just do not have the confidence during a match against a strong opponent, to be calm and pass the ball to an open teammate after winning the possession. Instead, as soon as they win the ball, they kick it out, ignoring the instructions and wide open teammates.

The concept may be somewhat realistic, but the statistics are not, based on my general observation. I don't have real life statistics, but if you just carefully watch a real life game and pay attention on how many times the weak teams' defenders aimlessly clearing the ball when they have complete control, then go back and watch a match in FM2015, I think there is significant difference.

What do others think?

Archived