Football Manager 1967-68

XzifT

You'd have the recreate the old CM news item of "(Player) seen leaving a pub/bar at 4am in the morning" because thats all that happened back then!

It would be an interesting game though, not sure how you'd do it but let us know if you are going to go for it :)

• 2 weeks later...

I was thinking of making a 1966-67 database, but I'm not sure if it would be too much of a hassle. There would be no reliable way to get squad information on teams from outside of Europe, and there would be no way short of remodelling the entire world cup for you to avoid playing a load of matches against teams with no real players.

It would be amazing though to create a 1966 database in just one fictional country called '1966 World' or something and fill that with teams from all over Europe. I reckon it would be possible to do most of the top European leagues, plus certain second divisions (England, Italy, Spain) with little effort.

Yet even that isn't satisfying really as then you'd have a 1966 World All-star team playing potentially in regional tournaments and Confederations Cups. Although it would be interesting to manage Beckenbauer, Moore, Eusebio, Pele and Yashin in one team.

Archived