FMC 15 development on Xiaomi tab. Will it be continued?

This is what's bothering me at the moment. I love FMC, its advent reignited my enthusiasm for FM but the arrival of the game on tablet got me really excited, only to be bitterly disappointed that it wouldn't run even on my iPad3.

I'd happily get a new tablet but I'm concerned that a) FMC for iOS/Android was a one off - the plug gets pulled on FMC on tablets for FM16 just like the Vita (which I nearly bought, so relieved I didn't) and b) if it does get released then I have bought a new tablet that can't cope with it. It's making it a very difficult decision, which it ought not to be for me as FMC on a tablet is just perfect for me but I can't quite get over my concerns. I wonder how many others are put off by these issues?

• Administrators

Wait and see would be my advice. Can't speculate on something that hasn't been announced yet, let alone what devices and specifications etc. would be for a 2016 version for any of our games.

Hehe, still churning this one over in my mind, right now I'm very attracted to the Sony Experia Z3 Compact. It has great specs and I'd be stunned if it couldn't run any near-future FMC version and it is apparently fantastic for PS4 remote play which is a huge draw for me right now. Decent price point too @~£250.

The NVIDIA shield is another possibility when they resume sales after their recent battery problems. Pretty sure that thing would be a good future-proofing bet.

My third option is to wait until October when my employer launches their annual salary sacrifice scheme for IT equipment, which I believe will include the iPad Air 2. This would be the most affordable option as I could pay a small monthly fee over 2 or three years, would give me a tablet that stands a good chance of being FMC compatible for potentially years ahead and [speculation] might just coincide with a new version release alongside the main game should SI decide to do it that way [/speculation].

I've made the decision now to go for a new tablet, that is a given. What I'm struggling with is which one to pick from the above - FMC is the uppermost consideration really as it may very well replace any need for me to buy the PC version and I could see me playing it for hundreds of hours on a tablet. Z3 compact was mentioned first because it's the one that I'm inclined towards as I can hopefully play new FMC on it and also connect my PS4 controller to it and play remotely too, but I am far from making a final decision. Does anyone have any thoughts/advice?

UPDATE: I appreciate that few will really care about this, but for the sake of making the story complete I have decided to bite the bullet and go for the Sony Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact. I'm just shopping around for a deal, but I will be getting it. My line of thinking is that it should be powerful enough to run any possible future tablet FMC versions, if it isn't then that's my fault but I am optimistic - worst case scenario is that I just have to keep playing FMC 15 over the life of the tablet but I can be certain it will run that. The clinher was that I saw one in action running PS4 remote play and it is bloomin' awesome - F1 2015, PGA Tour 15, GTA V, FarCry 4 etc. all in the comfort of my lounge when the wife is watching her god-awful soaps and stuff.

Sorry Lucas, impatience got the better of me :D

• 2 weeks later...

First thing in my mind when i finished reading this thread is "oooooooo oooooooow"

Also have planning to buy Xiaomi MiPad, has the most affordable prices and high spec. I can say the tablet is classified as high-end types since it can run many high end android games smoothly (based on you tube reviews, please correct me if i am wrong). Is there someone who can give me any opinion, because I think tablet's spec (procs, RAM, VGA, etc) and display resolution that be deciding factors for the FMC can run on a tablet-type, not because brands. Seeing FM's track records did not ask for a significant increase in hardware requirements, I still hope that this Tablet can still be used at least for FMC16-17.

Will the FMC 16 release, scheduled at the same time with FM16 (PC version) release ?

• Administrators
Xiaomi Pad use the same CPU to Google Nexus 9, so I think as long as Nexus 9 got supported then Xiaomi Pad should be supported too.

Much much more is taken into account than a single spec. My advice is to wait until there's official information.

Archived