Sports Interactive Community
zonder

cannot load save game (fm 2012)

amd fx 6100, 16gb ddr3, 970 gtx, ssd drive. so yeah i have a top range machine. it probably is an issue with how the game handles such big files

It could be that, since that machine will handle FM fine- I will report this to SI.

I have the same problem with my FM12 save. It's been working fine for the last few weeks but just there I got "the save game could not be loaded". I can't restore the file unfortunately as I don't have file history enabled on Windows 8. Other saves on my Laptop work fine. Is this a lost cause? Nothing unusual happened when I saved it the last time so it's a shame...

What version of the game are you running?

How many leagues were you running in your save with what sized db?

1 league playable, 10 view-only, large db

Do you know which leagues they were?

French league playable 3 divisions, view-only: England (2 divisions), Russia, Spain, Portugal, MLS, Netherlands, Argentina, Brazil, Italy, Germany (all one division)

Have you used the add/remove function at all?

No kept it that way from the start

Have you used the Editor/Advanced Editor or FMRTE? If so what changes have you made with which one?

No.

Have you got any backup save games? If so do these still load?

Yes a couple from a long way back which still load, name of the file is "Rennais New 2"

Please tell me if I should upload the file and let you take a look at it. Wasn't sure if I should have made my own thread but I will if this doesn't get answered in a few days.

Thanks in advance! (Sorry if I missed any info I should have given)

I have the same problem with my FM12 save. It's been working fine for the last few weeks but just there I got "the save game could not be loaded". I can't restore the file unfortunately as I don't have file history enabled on Windows 8. Other saves on my Laptop work fine. Is this a lost cause? Nothing unusual happened when I saved it the last time so it's a shame...

What version of the game are you running?

How many leagues were you running in your save with what sized db?

1 league playable, 10 view-only, large db

Do you know which leagues they were?

French league playable 3 divisions, view-only: England (2 divisions), Russia, Spain, Portugal, MLS, Netherlands, Argentina, Brazil, Italy, Germany (all one division)

Have you used the add/remove function at all?

No kept it that way from the start

Have you used the Editor/Advanced Editor or FMRTE? If so what changes have you made with which one?

No.

Have you got any backup save games? If so do these still load?

Yes a couple from a long way back which still load, name of the file is "Rennais New 2"

Please tell me if I should upload the file and let you take a look at it. Wasn't sure if I should have made my own thread but I will if this doesn't get answered in a few days.

Thanks in advance! (Sorry if I missed any info I should have given)

It would be better with your own thread but I will respond here just now.

The message about a save not loading usually happens if there is a corruption in the save for whatever reason, although they are usually power problems or interruptions whist saving. Corrupted saves cant normally be restored so you may have to go back to the last save. I would suggest that you set the saving to the rolling 3 game autosave, set weekly and you will always have 2 recent saves to go back to.