Sports Interactive Community
cms186

The Spanish Football thread 2015-16: 2 Legends depart

Deportivo finally win for the first time since December thanks to a very lucky, late own goal. I have no idea why Fede Cartabia doesn't start more games.

Barca finally drop points, Atleti must be gutted they didnt win yesterday. Don't think they'll be caught regardless but it could have atleast been interesting.

Bale :cool:

Champions League ‏@ChampionsLeague 46s46 seconds ago

Gareth Bale has surpassed Gary Lineker as Britain's highest scoring player in the Spanish Liga with 43 goals. #UCL

Think Villarreal away was the toughest fixture left for Barcelona (apart from the Clasico) so a draw is not a bad result.

They just need to get at least a draw against Real Madrid to settle this definitively.

Mate it's already over and has been for a while.

Yep 100%. Better for them it they win the next 1 or 2 so they can feel absolutely guaranteed of the title and can rest their entire team ahead of CL knockout stages, but regardless they've won the league.

Talking of which both Gimenez and Godin look set to miss the first leg of the CL tie, and Savic has been missing with an injury for a while now. Could mean a Lucas/Saul CB partnership at the Camp Nou...

Should Enrique be getting more credit for what Barcelona are doing? Could potentially secure back to back trebles which I'm sure is unheard of?

Just seems to me like not many people (media/pundits etc) give Enrique credit and it's more down to the front 3. I think he has done amazing to get that front 3 balanced and working amazingly well.

He has done undoubtedly well but theres always the element of taking over one of the best club sides ever with arguably the greatest player ever that people will say lessens the achievement. I don't agree with that at all but that's probably why nobody raves about it.

I'm glad for him but its almost like whats the point at this stage tbh.

This stage? Get him ready now so he can bang them in at the Euros?

Luis Enrique deserves credit for making them all click like that. And for getting them to defend properly again.

But having Neymar, Messi and Suarez all at the top of their game playing so well together, makes it loads easier obviously.

Still though, back-to-back treble, I just can't believe it will actually happen.

This stage? Get him ready now so he can bang them in at the Euros?

Ha, yes. I'm sure thats the plan for every nation going to the euros. I mean at this stage in his career obviously.

considering he no longer has Xavi he's done well. Busquets is better than ever but Iniestia is less dynamic. Enrique is less rigid than Pep and that is working for the team, he deserves more credit

it's crazy really because at one point like around dec/jan last season it seemed like it was all going tits up with messi/luis enrique and suddenly messi returns to GOAT territory and suarez who barely scored in his first ten or so starts smashing them in too and then they basically haven't stopped. it's ridiculous.

iniesta has been glorious too more often than the year or two prior too.

it's crazy really because at one point like around dec/jan last season it seemed like it was all going tits up with messi/luis enrique and suddenly messi returns to GOAT territory and suarez who barely scored in his first ten or so starts smashing them in too and then they basically haven't stopped. it's ridiculous.

iniesta has been glorious too more often than the year or two prior too.

that's the key though. Probably had some minor depression or something the year before, just speculating. If he hadn't returned to his top form (even surpassing his best form), they wouldn't have won the treble at all.

that's the key though. Probably had some minor depression or something the year before, just speculating. If he hadn't returned to his top form (even surpassing his best form), they wouldn't have won the treble at all.

Fair enough post. I take issue with the implication (from Jerome, who's post I otherwise agree with) that Messi only returned to form in January though.

He was sensational right from the start of last season. He basically carried them and kept them in the title race until Christmas. Stepped up to a new level again after, sure, but from August-December that year he was great.

If it's somehow true sounds like they deserve all the ridicule they get :brock:

Barcelona can afford to throw away 3 points here (Anoeta has been a really tough visit for them for years now), but it's really concerning how poor their physical state is right now...

I don't think they can afford to throw away 3 points because ever since the 2nd half against Villarreal when Enrique decided to completely disrupt the flow of the team with his changes they've looked pretty terrible and the longer it continues the more danger of the season falling apart. I think we'll find out just how good Enrique actually is over the next few weeks.

Barca have not won any of their last 6 meetings at Sociedad. Real Sociedad have won last three and win this it is 4 in a row. Some record that.

Pako Ayestarian now has as many home league wins at Valencia as Gary Neville, this was his first home game :D

Sevilla also still to win an away game in the league, thats a ridiculous stat :D

Let's face it he's been crap, but he's still young and the adjustment process at Atletico under Simeone can take a while. Shown just enough to suggest that he'll come good, not like he's ever going to be the main scorer anyway really more of a 2nd striker type.

Stat I saw at the start of the week:

e70401d7a505a6784c523d34bce46bb7.png

Yet La Liga depth is crap compared to the PL :rolleyes:

Stat I saw at the start of the week:

e70401d7a505a6784c523d34bce46bb7.png

Yet La Liga depth is crap compared to the PL :rolleyes:

Always been a joke of an argument that has.

All 3 Spanish sides knocked out this year have been vs other Spanish sides, though tbf Valencia probably would have been knocked out by most clubs :lol:

All 3 Spanish sides knocked out this year have been vs other Spanish sides, though tbf Valencia probably would have been knocked out by most clubs :lol:

in fairness, for some reason, Valencia have been pretty decent in the Europa league this season and only got knocked out against Athletic due to ****** refereeing