The Spanish Football thread 2015-16: 2 Legends depart

cms186

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Valencia were such a mess defensively last night, even before they went down to 10 I don't think I've seen any other La Liga side this season give Atletico so much space and time on the ball. Not that Atleti actually created a ton with it mind but that's hardly anything new :D

I've done well picking Deportivo haven't I? To be fair the third goal was from a free kick where the ball was moving and the striker followed through on his shot to two foot Lux but hey, Depor were battered. Have to beat Levante next week.

9 games to go. Barcelona need to lose 4 and drop points in another for Real Madrid to overtake them. Would be an Arsenal-esque choke of monumental proportions to **** that up. I'm assuming Atletico aren't winning all of their remaining matches here.

9 games to go. Barcelona need to lose 4 and drop points in another for Real Madrid to overtake them. Would be an Arsenal-esque choke of monumental proportions to **** that up. I'm assuming Atletico aren't winning all of their remaining matches here.
dont think atletico will drop enough points for real to overtake them, so the top 3 will probably finish as it is now

Probably. Would be the second time in three years they end third. Absolutely ridiculous if you look at their squad really.

Not really. Barca have a better squad than them so there's only one team that they should be finishing above but haven't.

Probably. Would be the second time in three years they end third. Absolutely ridiculous if you look at their squad really.

To have 1 league title since 08/09 is an absolute embarrassment. Yes, Barcelona are possibly the best club side ever during that time, but they've spent enough to at least get another title on top of that.

To have 1 league title since 08/09 is an absolute embarrassment. Yes, Barcelona are possibly the best club side ever during that time, but they've spent enough to at least get another title on top of that.

Why if they're up against the best club side ever?

Why if they're up against the best club side ever?

Because there were a few seasons were Barcelona weren't at their best and they never capitalised. Plus the fact is they've spent enough to have a squad capable of competing with Barcelona but their squad building focused too much on names rather than suitability.

Absolutely ridiculous if you look at their squad really.

Squad wise it's a mess. Serious lack of depth which is baffling considering the amount of money they've spent.

How has Arda Turan been for Barcelona so far? Keep forgetting he joined them.

He's been pretty meh so far but I suppose a lot of that isn't really his fault. 4 or 5 months without playing then being used here and there isn't really going to get the best out of him. Strange signing anyway really, just another one of Barca's short termism signings that they seem to love wasting money on.

He's been pretty meh so far but I suppose a lot of that isn't really his fault. 4 or 5 months without playing then being used here and there isn't really going to get the best out of him. Strange signing anyway really, just another one of Barca's short termism signings that they seem to love wasting money on.

well, the 4-5 months without playing is his fault, he knew when he signed that he wouldnt be able to play for half the season

Well, you could look at it that way I suppose. I was looking at it more from a clubs point of view in that Barca can't really expect him to have been at his best so far under the circumstances. The 30 or 40 million euros could have been used a lot more productively anyway.

They hardly rotate though do they? Vidal seems a similar signing, as did Santi Ezquerro a good few years ago :D

vidal's played a fair bit since being eligible in january to be fair which is pretty decent - 9 starts and come off the bench another 5 times

They hardly rotate though do they? Vidal seems a similar signing, as did Santi Ezquerro a good few years ago :D

It is literally nothing like Ezquerro :D first of all they are both much better players, second of all they have both played lots of matches.

Archived