The Spanish Football thread 2015-16: 2 Legends depart

cms186

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The forward was unhappy when asked why he had not scored on the road since Real Madrid’s 2-0 La Liga victory at Eibar on 29 November.

“Who else has scored more goals away from home than me since I arrived in Spain?” said Ronaldo. “Name one player who has scored more than me?

“No answer? OK. Thank you everyone,” he added, before excusing himself from the press conference.

znt5KrO.png

Didnt see that penalty till today, dont get why people are angry though. In fairness im surprised its not used more often.

I tried it with a mate about 20 years ago in an under 12s game and the ref disallowed it as he didnt understand the rule :D Although Cruyff I believe had done it years ago, we got the idea from a football comic called 'Football Monthly' and iirc a character in the story called Jon Stark (i could be wrong in name) did it and we thought it would be good to try one day!

For those who don't know, the first known instance of that kind of penalty was not Cruyff but Rik Coppens, playing a match for Belgium against Iceland in the fifties.

Cruyff will probably have known about that penalty, Rik Coppens was one of the best players in the world when Cruyff was growing up.

at around 1:30m

For those who don't know, the first known instance of that kind of penalty was not Cruyff but Rik Coppens, playing a match for Belgium against Iceland in the fifties.

Cruyff will probably have known about that penalty, Rik Coppens was one of the best players in the world when Cruyff was growing up.

at around 1:30m

Northern Ireland done it in 57 I believe ? Was this before or after that?

Neymar now the 30th highest scorer ever for Barcelona:

1º Messi (ARG) – 439 gols

2º César Rodríguez (ESP) – 232 gols

3º Kubala (HUN) – 194 gols

4º Eulogio Martínez (PAR) – 168 gols

5º Eto'o (CMR) – 130 gols

Rivaldo (BRA) – 130 gols

7º Mariano Martín (ESP) – 123 gols

Josep Escolà (ESP) – 123 gols

9º Kluivert (HOL) – 122 gols

Carles Rexach (ESP) – 122 gols

11º Stoichkov (BUL) – 117 gols

12º Basora (ESP) – 113 gols

13º Luis Enrique (ESP) – 108 gols

14º Zaldúa (ESP) – 107 gols

15º Evaristo de Macedo (BRA) – 105 gols

16º Asensi (ESP) – 100 gols

17º Pedro (ESP) – 99 gols

18º Ronaldinho Gaúcho (BRA) – 97 gols

19º Bakero (ESP) – 94 gols

20º Tejada (ESP) – 93 gols

21º Ronald Koeman (HOL) – 87 gols

Bernd Schuster (ALE) – 87 gols

23º Julio Salinas (ESP) – 86 gols

24º Samitier (ESP) – 85 gols

Xavi (ESP) – 85 gols

26º Kocsis (HUN) – 82 gols

27º Luis Suárez (ESP) – 81 gols

28º Begiristain (ESP) – 80 gols

29º Ángel Arocha (ESP) – 79 gols

30º Neymar (BRA) – 77 gols

Quini (ESP) – 77 gols

It's every time he plays poor, then when he does something good, ignored, till his poor again :D It is predictable though.

If he didn't play poor so often this season, it wouldn't happen. ;) To be fair though, for someone who used to be such a special player, if he does something special then it won't be noticed as much as it's what people have come to expect.

Good weekend for Barcelona, quite possibly title race over.

Since G.Nev was appointed Valencia manager I've watched a lot of their games and I'm really liking la liga this season for some reason. Before I've only ever really watched Barcelona and Real but I'm wanting to find a club to follow properly. I find myself cheering for Barcelona a lot but I don't want to be one of those fans. I'm generally drawn to the lower clubs but I suppose the best way to do this is to keep watching games and see what sticks. I'm tempted by Getafe but they have Vergini who is ex-Sunderland so that won't work. And he's turd. Maybe Depor as they have Jonas but they're website looks like it's from the 90's and they dont have an airport that connects to the UK so I'll never see a game. I'm thinking along the lines of Sporting, Rayo, Espantol, Levante. Not really bothered by Sevilla, Athletic, Valencia, Betis, etc - the clubs with a decent history. Any suggestions. I could go proper hispter and follow a segunda team like Valladolid or Almeria but I'd prefer one I can watch every week on sky.

Since G.Nev was appointed Valencia manager I've watched a lot of their games and I'm really liking la liga this season for some reason. Before I've only ever really watched Barcelona and Real but I'm wanting to find a club to follow properly. I find myself cheering for Barcelona a lot but I don't want to be one of those fans. I'm generally drawn to the lower clubs but I suppose the best way to do this is to keep watching games and see what sticks. I'm tempted by Getafe but they have Vergini who is ex-Sunderland so that won't work. And he's turd. Maybe Depor as they have Jonas but they're website looks like it's from the 90's and they dont have an airport that connects to the UK so I'll never see a game. I'm thinking along the lines of Sporting, Rayo, Espantol, Levante. Not really bothered by Sevilla, Athletic, Valencia, Betis, etc - the clubs with a decent history. Any suggestions. I could go proper hispter and follow a segunda team like Valladolid or Almeria but I'd prefer one I can watch every week on sky.

Eibar :thup:

Didn't see the game, but I'm sure there were worse performers then Ronaldo once again. We get you don't like him, so just becomes tedious when it's only him picked out of the Real Madrid each time they lose. Whole Real Madrid team are absolute bottlers in the big games since Jose left.

Archived